Type keyword(s) to search

Valerie's Home Cooking - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Don’t think it’s all his fault. She was obsessed with her ex and she’s obsessed with her son. Give people space. Get a life. She can afford to do whatever she wants instead of crying on social media. Have some pride. 

Before she announced they had split up, I wondered how Tom felt about her very public obsession with Ed. I won't deny that I would love to read a tell-all book or article from Tom's point of view.

I've been divorced, twice. I get it - it's hard. I had nowhere near the resources that are available to her, but with the passage of time you move on.  But OMG - I cannot imagine during my worst times going on social media blubbering and bitter and then having to show up at work the next day knowing my coworkers had seen that. Or my boss! I also wonder how Food Network feels about her public breakdowns. I agree - have some pride.  Share your deepest feeling in private with your friends and your therapist if you are lucky enough to have one.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 6/7/2022 at 8:31 PM, Aspenglow said:

I’m not really surprised by Tom’s actions. I never felt comfortable about him although I hoped I was wrong. He signed a pre-nup. He is a gold digger and should be ashamed. 

I thought I was the only one who didn't like him!  Most of the posts I've been reading are very much on Team Tom but for me I always wondered what she ever saw in him!

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/29/2022 at 10:41 AM, debbie311 said:

Before she announced they had split up, I wondered how Tom felt about her very public obsession with Ed. I won't deny that I would love to read a tell-all book or article from Tom's point of view.

Apparently  the obsession only occurred after the marriage was over. I know stuff happens through a relationship and Valerie said they both cheated but damn Eddie was sitting right there!

She posted on TikTok oh in our 20s and 30s have none of us made a mistake? Yeah Valerie it was a mistake, not the word I would use. I can’t believe I actually used to like this woman.  I now think she is vile. 

Give it a rest, Val. They gave you a cooking show. Not a license to create a second career out of a nervous breakdown and therapy on TV and social media. 

I'm not sure about the timing here, I could be wrong, but now I'm wondering if the make-out story would have been told if she wasn't trying to mourn Eddie as the true widow?

• Love 2

Yikes! This woman is truly disturbed...

1 minute ago, YupItsMe said:

I saw a post on Reddit a couple of days ago stating her show has been canceled. They have filmed one more season and it will air, but no more after that.

Not surprising she needs psychiatric help!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

I saw a post on Reddit a couple of days ago stating her show has been canceled. They have filmed one more season and it will air, but no more after that.

No surprise. She comes off as well, off & in need of help. She ruined it herself. 

• Like 1

Despite how I understand why her being a loon online may have contributed to her cancellation, it was a show I watched and shows I watch are dwindling every day due to cancellations and I can't afford to lose any more!

• Like 1

Valerie didn’t cohost the one episode Kid’s Halloween Baking Championship this season wirh Duff .   I thought that  was strange .

I wonder if FN cut all ties with Valerie .  Her behavior on social media has been inappropriate to say the least . Between her public breakdowns and her insulting people who dare criticize her big baby son , she is a mess !  

It’s too bad she’s such a wacko now , I did like her cooking show before she started blabbing about Eddie and I liked her hosting the Kids Baking Championship.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, orangekit said:

Valerie didn’t cohost the one episode Kid’s Halloween Baking Championship this season wirh Duff .   I thought that  was strange .

I wonder if FN cut all ties with Valerie .  Her behavior on social media has been inappropriate to say the least . Between her public breakdowns and her insulting people who dare criticize her big baby son , she is a mess !  

It’s too bad she’s such a wacko now , I did like her cooking show before she started blabbing about Eddie and I liked her hosting the Kids Baking Championship.

All she does is post little videos of herself on social media. Today two came up in my feed about her coming out of her counselors Office( she’s actually going to therapy ? well I think she  needs a new one because this isn’t working) And having a paparazzi in a car trying to take a picture of her when she is dressed like a she had been lounging around the house all day in  sweatpants. And I forgot what the other one was but it was her big face stuck right up into the camera bitching and moaning about something else. Once again really stop it Valerie nobody wants to hear your rich person problems there are those of us dealing with worse shit than you are and are also struggling to pay the bills so shut up. While you are you are certainly entitled to feel like crap for whatever reason, stop spewing it to the world. It’s funny she said about the incident that came out with Matthew Perry and her making out in front of her passed out husband that she had been in a very unhappy marriage for a long time. But she sure was obsessing over him forever after that and still is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2022 at 9:16 PM, Yeah No said:

Despite how I understand why her being a loon online may have contributed to her cancellation, it was a show I watched and shows I watch are dwindling every day due to cancellations and I can't afford to lose any more!

7 hours ago, orangekit said:

6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

While you are you are certainly entitled to feel like crap for whatever reason, stop spewing it to the world. It’s funny she said about the incident that came out with Matthew Perry and her making out in front of her passed out husband that she had been in a very unhappy marriage for a long time. But she sure was obsessing over him forever after that and still is. 

The only mention of cancellation that I saw was on reddit and Valerie had signed (or extended) a deal with FN earlier this year so I can't say that she's going anywhere. I do know they have her hosting the Holiday Baking Championship with Duff this year.

Again, I do find the sm postings very odd - especially considering she seems to have a wide circle of family & friends as support. But she writes books (that repeat the same thing over and over), gets regular slots on the Today show and still has a recognizable name so I don't think FN cares. They run two-to-three hour blocks of PW who is basically a less snarkworthy version of Semi-Homemade - but her crap sells at Walmart so it's all good. I think FN gave up on dignity about a decade ago.

I do find the Perry story amusing only bc it's consistent in Valerie's public storytelling not matching what reality. She did state in her first book that she cheated on Eddie during the earlier years of their marriage. And she's entitled to keep a place for her ex in her heart however she's sees fit. But publicly mourning in the way that she did when she & Eddie had been married to other seems like she was trying to rewrite a story.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, chick binewski said:

The only mention of cancellation that I saw was on reddit and Valerie had signed (or extended) a deal with FN earlier this year so I can't say that she's going anywhere. I do know they have her hosting the Holiday Baking Championship with Duff this year.

I Googled extensively and found the podcast which can be found here.  She talks about the cancelation and what's next for her between 45 and 50 minutes into it:

https://naked-lunch.simplecast.com/episodes/valerie-bertinelli-TkGqpRgg

She says she's currently "tired" and writing a cookbook but she mentioned possibly shopping around for a new home for a cooking show.    

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I Googled extensively and found the podcast which can be found here.  She talks about the cancelation and what's next for her between 45 and 50 minutes into it:

She says she's currently "tired" and writing a cookbook but she mentioned possibly shopping around for a new home for a cooking show.    

I would like to see her do  the baking championships, she and Duff are good with the kids .

I wonder why she’d be looking for another place for her conking shows if she signed an extensive deal with FN.

I think her therapist isn’t helping her much if Valerie spends her time on social media arguing with people on Twitter and crying and over sharing on other platforms .  Or it could be that  Valerie liked the attention and a therapist can’t do much if she doesn’t want to move on and change her behavior .

• Love 1

I think Valerie flaps her gums sometimes and says things because she knows that's what people want to hear, but she hasn't really thought it through or checked with anyone about it.  But today there are many more channels out there, both streaming and on cable than there were when Sara Moulton was looking for a new home that might potentially love having a big name star like Valerie that could "put them on the map".  FN could have kept her show on their website only or on Discovery+ but they chose not to which makes me wonder whether there's more going on with the decision than budgets or ratings, and she did really wear out her welcome with them after all the crazy tweets and interviews.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Thanks for the link. Valerie sounds so much better than she does during her show or on sm.

9 hours ago, orangekit said:

I wonder why she’d be looking for another place for her conking shows if she signed an extensive deal with FN.

I know VHC will have one more season but this made it sound like she potentially has a longer future with FN; however Valerie didn't sound that way during the podcast interview.

I could actually see QVC giving Valerie another go when the new cookbook is completed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I know VHC will have one more season but this made it sound like she potentially has a longer future with FN; however Valerie didn't sound that way during the podcast interview.

Admittedly that press release came out at the end of last year.  Maybe her new contract was only for a year, meaning it would need to be renewed again for 2023?  Although you're right it didn't make it sound that way.

• Love 1

I saw her latest video talking about the paparazzi. She is a mess! She shares every thought and then wonders why shes being followed.

Of course Valerie is wearing her son’s album T shirt and has to talk about how good his album is !

I have no respect  for Mathew Perry sharing that story about making out with Valerie when Eddie was passed out .  These celebrities who need to hire others or share information in memoirs are jerks  . But , Valerie would have been better off saying nothing, Keanu didn’t respond to his insult .

Also , I doubt FN likes Valerie saying f*ck on social media when she hosts a kids show .  Even overgrown frat boy Guy who I hear is a douche to people who I know that worked for him isn’t dumb enough to cuss and over share on social media !

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I saw her latest video talking about the paparazzi. She is a mess! She shares every thought and then wonders why shes being followed.

Of course Valerie is wearing her son’s album T shirt and has to talk about how good his album is !

I have no respect  for Mathew Perry sharing that story about making out with Valerie when Eddie was passed out .  These celebrities who need to hire others or share information in memoirs are jerks  . But , Valerie would have been better off saying nothing, Keanu didn’t respond to his insult .

Also , I doubt FN likes Valerie saying f*ck on social media when she hosts a kids show .  Even overgrown frat boy Guy who I hear is a douche to people who I know that worked for him isn’t dumb enough to cuss and over share on social media !

I listened to the podcast where she confirms the show being cancelled. She does swear a lot.

• Love 2

OMG. she posted on Facebook that this 60+ year old woman is going to be joining her 40 something year-old sons tour soon! I mean this just sounds insane. I’m sure the people  having anything to do with the tour just love having “Wolfies” mother around. Does she still call him that? 🙄

• Love 1

Her Elon Musk trolling was great ! Loved it !

But, now she is back to talking about her ex without mentioning him .  Her ex is also making obvious insults and comments about her on Instagram w without mentioning her by name.

So, Valerie is in her 60’s and Tim is 59 and they need to insult each other on social media like they are in high school? 
It’s so ridiculous! I don’t know what happened with these two , and really don’t care . Why can’t they keep anything private ? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I think he feels he needs to say something as she is putting memes out there that are obviously about him. And he is right, there are two sides to every story. I notice that Eddie's widow (NOT Valerie) is following Tom on Instagram. I must say, she is the epitome of grace as she does not comment on any of this at all. I wish Valerie would keep all of this to herself, but she seems to want to play the victim all the time. I am sure the end of their marriage was in part to her obsession with Eddies. It would be hard to have 3 people in a marriage. 

• Love 2

Valerie made another video about her ex.

The fact that Eddie’s widow follows Tom says a lot ! I bet both is them were sick od Valerie feeling entitled to blab endlessly about Eddie and his mom while cooking on Food Network , and crying about him like she was the widow on the Today show !

Not to mention ,  if Valerie is doing this in public , what must  she have been doing privately? 
I have a feeling this obsession did not start after she and Tom broke up , or even after Eddie was divorced.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, orangekit said:

Not to mention ,  if Valerie is doing this in public , what must  she have been doing privately? 
I have a feeling this obsession did not start after she and Tom broke up , or even after Eddie was divorced.

I have long suspected her obsession with Eddie had something to do with her marriage to Tom ending.  We probably only saw the tip of the iceberg there. 

6 hours ago, andidante said:

Was Eddie divorced though? Valerie says their marriage was not in good shape, but I thought they were still together. I think this started way before Eddie died and Tom got sick of playing second fiddle to her ex. 

I read that Eddie was not divorced but separated from his wife just before he died.  His doing, I think but I didn't verify that.

• Love 1
On 11/10/2022 at 8:44 AM, chediavolo said:

OMG. she posted on Facebook that this 60+ year old woman is going to be joining her 40 something year-old sons tour soon! I mean this just sounds insane. I’m sure the people  having anything to do with the tour just love having “Wolfies” mother around. Does she still call him that? 🙄

He's only 31.  And I'm not really sure what's so terrible about Valerie being part of the tour.  I'm assuming there are dozens of people involved and unless he's got a problem with it why should anyone care?  Hell if my kid was touring Europe I'd offer to carry his guitar and bake a few cookies if that meant I could go!

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
On 11/10/2022 at 8:44 AM, chediavolo said:

Valerie is a smother ! She seems to be reliving her touring days with Eddie .

Wolfie seems like a big baby and his mom following him around is weird !

I feel bad for her future daughter in law . Valerie seems to have no boundaries and is now in the middle of their marriage now that she can’t be a part of Eddie’s second marriage .

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, orangekit said:

I feel bad for her future daughter in law . Valerie seems to have no boundaries and is now in the middle of their marriage now that she can’t be a part of Eddie’s second marriage .

She has such a big mouth but she doesn’t tell us the facts of why she seemingly hated her last husband. If you are going to complain in public, auction off your bad memories Tiffany ring & manolos (boo f***king hoo!), then at least tell us why . & she seems like the ultimate smother.  Get a life . Head up a charity for those less fortunate than  you.   those shoes and rings could have helped a lot of animals in need or people if that’s your thing  

Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

She has such a big mouth but she doesn’t tell us the facts of why she seemingly hated her last husband.

I think a big clue to this might be that he managed to get 2 million out of her to end the marriage and tried to renege on their pre-nup.  He sounds like a real user to me.  

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

he managed to get 2 million out of her to end the marriage

That presumably includes the division of marital property, since only one of them could keep the house (perhaps multiple homes?) in which they lived. Doesn't sound like a user to me, just someone getting their fair share of marital assets.    No one would expect a wife to walk away empty handed from the house in which she lived for over a decade.  

Edited by Quof
  • Like 2
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Quof said:

That presumably includes the division of marital property, since only one of them could keep the house (perhaps multiple homes?) in which they lived. Doesn't sound like a user to me, just someone getting their fair share of marital assets.    No one would expect a wife to walk away empty handed from the house in which she lived for over a decade.  

Right ! And just because she’s a woman who is a big star and is well liked as a celebrity , she will always have more sympathy and supporters .

She also probably settled for that amount to keep details about HER behavior out of the media . She can cry and insult him and look like the victim,  but I think her behavior she displays in public shows that she has no boundaries .

Valerie is a spoiled celebrity. She was a going pretty girl and woman with a lot of money and privilege at a young age . She seems to feel entitled to whatever she wants , including her ex husband when she and he were married to someone else .  
I do hope the other side comes out eventually, she is super irritating with her childish behavior .

As in any divorce there are two sides and then the truth as to why the marriage failed .

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Doesn't sound like a user to me, just someone getting their fair share of marital assets.   

Possible of course but you are skipping the part where he tried to renege on the pre-nup.

• Applause 1
14 hours ago, orangekit said:

I tend to agree.  The way she has acted when Wolfie appears on her show is cringeworthy, but to his credit I always got the impression that he was at least mildly embarrassed by her behavior but put up with it because she's his mother.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Well, the part she has told/shown us is bad enough; she was obsessed with her former (and married), now deceased husband.  I doubt the part she kept private would make that better. 

• Love 6
On 11/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, Quof said:

Well, the part she has told/shown us is bad enough; she was obsessed with her former (and married), now deceased husband.  I doubt the part she kept private would make that better. 

Exactly! The fact that she felt it was oh to go in social media and give interviews on shows like the Today show talking about Eddie like she was married to him , and dedicate entire episodes of her cooking show to him, was enough. 

Edited by orangekit
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, orangekit said:

Exactly! The face that she felt it was oh to go in social media and give interviews on shoes like the Today show talking about Eddie like she was married to him , and dedicate entire episodes of her cooking show to him, was enough. 

To be sure, although I don't know if we'll ever know how much of that behavior occurred after the marriage was already on the rocks and might have been motivated by spite on her part to "get even" with Tom for dumping her.  She has always given off this air of being "a woman scorned", although I don't know if that's just her trying to get sympathy by turning the tables on him.  I don't think we'll ever hear his side of it so we may never see the whole picture.  BUT.....and here's the big BUT.....Regardless of whatever his part in this may have been behind the scenes her subsequent behavior online and on TV showed a very ugly side of her that is all by itself bad enough.

• Love 3
On 11/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, Quof said:

He didn't try to "renege", he questioned its validity.  Parties to contracts do that all the time, and we will never know if he was right because the matter is concluded. 

He wanted spousal support to the tune of $50k a month.   And the bottom line to me is that the pre-nup was signed by a man who would have been pushing 50 at the time and was a financial advisor.  He knew what he was signing and to suggest otherwise calls into question his integrity and his intelligence IMO.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
On 11/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, Quof said:

He didn't try to "renege", he questioned its validity.  Parties to contracts do that all the time, and we will never know if he was right because the matter is concluded. 

I think that's just semantics because why would he question the validity of the pre-nup if he wasn't looking for a loophole to get out of the agreement?  But even so it's still done all the time.  One of my best friends is a divorce lawyer and can attest to that.  Both Tom and Valerie sound very bitter and vindictive and neither one of them would refrain from stooping to such depths unfortunately.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

He wanted spousal support to the tune of $50k a month.   And the bottom line to me is that the pre-nup was signed by a man who would have been pushing 50 at the time and was a financial advisor.  He knew what he was signing and to suggest otherwise calls into question his integrity and his  . If it was reversed and she was saying he was toxic and controlling , everyone would be taking her side .And she could pay for the best lawyers and still had to  pay out 2 million, so am sure she is not just the innocent victim she portrays .

We don’t know Valerie for real, but I do believe she is not mentally healthy and just her weird behavior toward her son seems controlling and smothering . I feel sorry for his future wife .
The Eddie stuff is obnoxious and also shows how she is entitled, selfish and doesn’t care how her behavior hurts someone if she wants something.  The Mathew Perry story was an example .

I wonder what   might have went on with Eddie in recent years to cause her ex and Eddie’s ex to become friends . I think there is more than distant memories making her so emotional about him .

The sad part is Valerie is a good actress and a good host on FN.  It’s too bad she has no ability to keep her private life private and not act like a high school girl in social media. 

This is the post that Tom obviously posted about his situation with Valerie :

A7308A17-0933-4ABF-81F1-6150A3CE6DB7.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love 1