Type keyword(s) to search

Valerie's Home Cooking - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Yeah No said:

As much as I have said about her, I think this is a bad decision.  It looks like the networks are making every wrong decision these days.  I can even understand this show being cancelled but her being off KBC is just wrong.

I agree.  Lots on here don't like her, but I did, and I think she did a great job with the kids.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

When talent become more trouble than they are worth, it's time to cut the cord. Valerie brought it on herself.

That's an assumption I don't know if I would make in this situation.  When there's money to be made and the fans are with her, which it looks like most of them are, why should that matter?  Although management at FN has gone through a lot of changes and I read that it was former management that didn't renew her but the decision stood anyway.  FN celebs have been forgiven for bad behavior - case in point, Robert Irvine who lied on his resume.  They had more budgetary reasons to let her go than anything else.  She probably carried a heavy price tag and with all the budget cuts they were making at the time it was probably more of a financial decision than anything else. 

That said, I didn't like her behavior but online it looked like the fans didn't know or care about that stuff and were supporting her through her bad time, which I think has mostly passed by now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

She probably carried a heavy price tag and with all the budget cuts they were making at the time it was probably more of a financial decision than anything else.

That's what I mean by she was more trouble (money) than she was worth.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

As one of the few in here that likes Valerie, I hope this guy is a keeper....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/valerie-bertinelli-breaks-silence-very-141527212.html

Why am I not surprised?  🙄  Rich and famous people never stay unattached very long, especially someone like her.  She needs to be in a relationship.  I always knew she was just being a drama queen when she said she wasn't interested in any more relationships. Unfortunately I don't have much hope that she's going to do any better this time, but I'll say a prayer for her, LOL. 😉

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

So now she’s a survivor of narcissistic abuse??? What even is that? 
I hope she can leave her baggage and her dead ex husband out if this relationship, but I doubt it. 

• Applause 2
54 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I hope she can leave her baggage and her dead ex husband out if this relationship, but I doubt it. 

Oh it's a thing (click this link for explanation), but it rubs me the wrong way when rich and famous people who have more money, advantages and power than 99% of people out there cry victim to get sympathy and support.  It insults the real victims out there who don't have those advantages.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I think she is full of it myself! I think she sabotaged her last marriage by being obsessed with Eddie and acting like she was his widow when he died. I would not be surprised if she marries this new guy and it all turns to crap at some point due to both of her previous marriage issues 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Since there are Valerie fans here—you might enjoy this WaPo article about Valerie and her new cookbook. Gifted if you’re not a subscriber.

Here you go.

eta: Mentions show cancellation, diets, other TV roles and, wait for it, Eddie and her MIL.

Edited by buttersister
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
On 3/17/2024 at 8:24 PM, Gramto6 said:

I like her too, I just don't read any of her SM.

You're probably better off.  She doesn't come off that well there.  I find her on the immature side and lacking in self awareness, especially for her age.  Plus she's a drama queen too with all that stuff about never dating again and dying alone with her cats then suddenly finding a boyfriend "just like that".  Like I didn't see that coming ten miles away!  And I used to LOVE her!  It took a LOT for me to get here!

Now in People mag. she was quoted saying that she supports people using Ozempic for weight loss, although she claims that her sudden, suspiciously quick weight loss was not a result of that.  With all respect, I'm side eyeing that. She's not the only star that's achieved a sudden recent weight loss that claims that.  I think some of them just don't want to admit it because they want to look like they achieved it on their own or they don't want people judging them for it.

https://people.com/health-valerie-bertinelli-does-not-agree-with-people-who-criticize-ozempic-8623531

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

You're probably better off.  She doesn't come off that well there.  I find her on the immature side and lacking in self awareness, especially for her age.  Plus she's a drama queen too with all that stuff about never dating again and dying alone with her cats then suddenly finding a boyfriend "just like that".  Like I didn't see that coming ten miles away!  And I used to LOVE her!  It took a LOT for me to get here!

It did me too! I used to really like her a lot but her social media is just so toxic. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, andidante said:

It did me too! I used to really like her a lot but her social media is just so toxic. 

Which is ironic given her most recent interviews about her new book and her being all about love and kindness. As long as you kiss her ass and don't dare to say a slightly negative thing to her or question her perfection. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Finally got to see the new beau….his name is Mike, and he’s a Rolling Stone writer and single dad to one son.

His Twitter and IG is The Hoarse Whisperer; he’s cute IMO, reminds me of Craig Ferguson with a beard.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Yogisbooboo64 said:

Finally got to see the new beau….his name is Mike, and he’s a Rolling Stone writer and single dad to one son.

His Twitter and IG is The Hoarse Whisperer; he’s cute IMO, reminds me of Craig Ferguson with a beard.

I read the article he wrote about their relationship. It was very nice.

• Like 2

I’m sure this just gives her unlimited opportunities to talk about her dead ex husband and how he was the true love of her life. New guy must love hearing that on a regular basis. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I’m sure this just gives her unlimited opportunities to talk about her dead ex husband and how he was the true love of her life. New guy must love hearing that on a regular basis. 

He did mention the death of Eddie and how it affected her and the big bad mean ex husband. Which of course he will believe her as they are in lurv! 

• LOL 1
On 4/17/2024 at 2:44 PM, Yogisbooboo64 said:

The comments under the Daily Mail article are very harsh against him, calling him a freeloader, etc. Hope she is careful and doesn't marry this one without a iron clad pre-nup.

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, andidante said:

The comments under the Daily Mail article are very harsh against him, calling him a freeloader, etc. Hope she is careful and doesn't marry this one without a iron clad pre-nup.

Ouch, someone called him a dude with no steady job whose ex-wife supports their only child.  Another one said he wasn't a nice person and has made hurtful comments online and there were red flags galore with him.  I wouldn't expect her to know how to pick men as she has had a dreadful record.  I just hope she doesn't marry him or if she does she is more careful this time.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Ouch, someone called him a dude with no steady job whose ex-wife supports their only child.  Another one said he wasn't a nice person and has made hurtful comments online and there were red flags galore with him.  I wouldn't expect her to know how to pick men as she has had a dreadful record.  I just hope she doesn't marry him or if she does she is more careful this time.

I don't see this ending well for her.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
12 minutes ago, andidante said:

I don't see this ending well for her.

Yeah me neither.  I could have predicted this unfortunately.

• Like 2

Omg. Just read a short “People” article online about how she was domestically abused by her last husband. Well. I agree that sucks & no woman should have to suffer like that but she is not gaining sympathy but non stop harping on this. No one feels sorry for you when all you had to do was kick him out of your home worth millions & go back to life as usual. Why doesn’t she end with something like “ So I made a $100,000 donation to fund so and so women’s shelter/?” 
And she brings up her weight, she is getting a bit too overweight, health wise this is dangerous. If you read her cook books and the way she speaks about what she eats, unless she has super genes, there’s trouble coming. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Omg. Just read a short “People” article online about how she was domestically abused by her last husband. Well. I agree that sucks & no woman should have to suffer like that but she is not gaining sympathy but non stop harping on this. No one feels sorry for you when all you had to do was kick him out of your home worth millions & go back to life as usual. Why doesn’t she end with something like “ So I made a $100,000 donation to fund so and so women’s shelter/?” 
And she brings up her weight, she is getting a bit too overweight, health wise this is dangerous. If you read her cook books and the way she speaks about what she eats, unless she has super genes, there’s trouble coming. 

She says the abuse was verbal in that he called her "fat and lazy" and made fun of the sound her pants made when she walked when her thighs rubbed together.  Now mind you, I agree those statements are abusive but verbal abuse is different and much harder to verify than physical abuse.  While I might not take it with a grain of salt when someone else said it I would with her.  People who have a lot to lose don't hesitate to lie about things like that in the middle of a costly divorce to make their ex look bad, and with her propensity for drama I'm not 100% convinced.  It's too bad because I'd like to believe and support her and any person that is genuinely the victim of abuse.  At the very least I believe her that he was probably not the nicest person and she should have divorced him, but does that make me see him as the boogeyman she's made him out to be?  Unfortunately not really.

Plus we aren't hearing the other side of the story.  She may be just as guilty of verbal abuse as he is.  That doesn't justify him saying those things but it does make me wonder what she said to him that might have been just as abusive.  While I think there's no justification for physical abuse no matter who started it I think there's more of a gray area with verbal abuse.  Couples say a lot of abusive things to each other in the heat of an argument and it can be hard to see one or the other as the villain or victim.  I read that she had to pay Tom over $2.2 million so her claims of verbal abuse didn't help her avoid that.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, chediavolo said:

No one feels sorry for you when all you had to do was kick him out of your home worth millions & go back to life as usual. Why doesn’t she end with something like “ So I made a $100,000 donation to fund so and so women’s shelter/?” 

With truly all due respect, having money may allow for more options in treating the disease, but it won't fix mental issues by itself.  In fact, it can lead to a whole different level of psychological problems.  

On 4/24/2024 at 9:02 AM, Yeah No said:

She says the abuse was verbal in that he called her "fat and lazy" and made fun of the sound her pants made when she walked when her thighs rubbed together.  Now mind you, I agree those statements are abusive but verbal abuse is different and much harder to verify than physical abuse.  While I might not take it with a grain of salt when someone else said it I would with her.  People who have a lot to lose don't hesitate to lie about things like that in the middle of a costly divorce to make their ex look bad, and with her propensity for drama I'm not 100% convinced.  It's too bad because I'd like to believe and support her and any person that is genuinely the victim of abuse.  At the very least I believe her that he was probably not the nicest person and she should have divorced him, but does that make me see him as the boogeyman she's made him out to be?  Unfortunately not really.

Plus we aren't hearing the other side of the story.  She may be just as guilty of verbal abuse as he is.  That doesn't justify him saying those things but it does make me wonder what she said to him that might have been just as abusive.  While I think there's no justification for physical abuse no matter who started it I think there's more of a gray area with verbal abuse.  Couples say a lot of abusive things to each other in the heat of an argument and it can be hard to see one or the other as the villain or victim.  I read that she had to pay Tom over $2.2 million so her claims of verbal abuse didn't help her avoid that.

I’d like to hear tom’s side of the story too. I’ve yet to see any statements from him, but she won’t STOP talking about it. I feel like she would start screaming from the roof tops if he even dared to make a public comment of even there’s 2 sides to every story. For as much as she went on and on about her dead ex while still married, I can see fights of her telling him how perfect and how much Eddie was her soulmate and him responding well, he wouldn’t have love your fat ass now or some such fight. Not saying it’s right, but I’m also saying I don’t believe she was all sweetness and light while he was the devil. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 4/24/2024 at 12:08 PM, cynicat said:

With truly all due respect, having money may allow for more options in treating the disease, but it won't fix mental issues by itself.  In fact, it can lead to a whole different level of psychological problems.  

What’s that got to do with her acting like she’s not a millionaire and life goes on completely as it was before except you ditch the partner that you were not getting along with?  Unlike many many other women whose lives are in turmoil and one step away from homelessness, when something like that happens. she should be spewing more about how blessed she is instead of complaining and complaining and complaining. I bet you she’s no picnic to live with. I wonder how many times she talks about her son and her dead ex-husband. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

I’d like to hear tom’s side of the story too. I’ve yet to see any statements from him, but she won’t STOP talking about it. I feel like she would start screaming from the roof tops if he even dared to make a public comment of even there’s 2 sides to every story. For as much as she went on and on about her dead ex while still married, I can see fights of her telling him how perfect and how much Eddie was her soulmate and him responding well, he wouldn’t have love your fat ass now or some such fight. Not saying it’s right, but I’m also saying I don’t believe she was all sweetness and light while he was the devil. 

Maybe part of the divorce settlement included an agreement that he keep his mouth shut.  Even if not I'm thinking he wouldn't want to risk legal action from her.

And yeah, I can see her telling him how he was never her soulmate while Eddie was, blah, blah, blah.  All the stuff she kept harping on publicly about how wonderful Eddie was when she was going through the divorce.  It was just so off.  Obviously Eddie wasn't that wonderful.  We already know why plus she divorced him for a reason so what was that all about?  She probably just wanted Tom to feel bad and herself better because she was probably the one to reject Eddie while Tom was the one to reject her.  It was easy for her to think Eddie was so wonderful in that case.  Maybe she had never been rejected before.  She strikes me as a famous person that hasn't had to deal with that kind of rejection because people have always been kissing up to her and telling her how wonderful she is because she's famous.  So of course she would make Tom out to be a villain.  

• Like 2