Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

True dat.  And not all Polish people always going to go on the offensive if they get their feelings hurt.  My husband is Polish and his family are the most peaceful people I know.  I've never seen any of them get all shouty because they generally don't bother with people who are.

My point was, Adam comes from a very traditional family.  Since we've got him and his CV under a microscope, may as well look a little closer.  Very traditional.

I can get shouty when I get passionate about something- with alot of hand waving in person with friends.  <shrug>  I had a boss that used to say "tell me how you really feel Betty".  Otherwise I'm pretty low key.   Glad your husband's Polish family is of a more peaceful nature.  

I haven't been able to uncover anything that tells me Adam comes from a very traditional family.  I  just read in an online article where he said his parents told him he was "doing it backwards" - just out of college, broke and starting a non-profit.  His bio on chefak.com didn't tell me anything about his upbringing.  

Actually - I found his grandmother's obituary from May 6, 2015.  She was 84 and the obit said "Marcie identified herself as a country girl.  She said my little sis, Vivian, was the city girl.  Marcie enjoyed all the special family times at the farm when they headed down to the river. They built fires, roasted hot dogs and waded in the river.

Her family traveled extensively, pulling a camper to Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Ozarks, Texas and many more places.  Every evening, meals were by the campfire so by the end of each vacation Marcie would treat herself to a banana split for all her efforts.  That banana split treat continued through the years."  

She sounds like a neat lady - maybe that's where Adam developed his love for adventure.

I admire and applaud people who go out on a limb and take risks (I am not one of them other than meeting my future husband, moving cross country to him 4 months later and getting married 26 years ago to him).  Or follow their heart rather than the call of money.  I know many of them may not be doing it alone but have support of parents financially in some small or large amount but I just find myself defending those who "live outside the box".

• Love 5

Carole should not have inserted herself into the Bethenny/Jason tensions, imo. Of course I cant be sure if B, before the reunion, had suggested or hinted to Carole that she should feel free to talk about B's troubles, but I'm tending to lean that way.

IMO, Carole using the term "court-appointed" to describe the Frankel phone calls shows me that (1) Carole isnt very bright; and (2) she is just parroting what B has asserted to her, and she's getting the terminology wrong in her effort to recall what B told her. Again, jmo.

I do think if the phone-call issue was an ongoing, constant bone of contention, B's lawyers would be alerting the court. Or, I could also see B using self-help and going tit for tat, and not answering Jason's calls to Brynn. Or, perhaps Jason doesnt feel inclined to answer quickly because B doesnt always answer HIS calls? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

It also wouldnt surprise me if B's daily calls far exceed the one or two allegedly mandated by the court. Drunk-calls, manic/depressed-calls, calls from a yacht on the other side of the world, forgetting the time-zone differences, or "one more thing I forgot to say last phone call," are all strong possibilities to me.

No matter. Once Brynn is older and asks for her own phone, SHE will be the one to ignore calls from BOTH mother and dad.

(Mods: putting this post here rather than The Divorce thread because of what Carole said during the Reunion Part 1.)

• Love 4

I have no way of knowing for sure if Bethenny's calls to Bryn are court appointed or not. However, since we've seen Bethenny check the time more than once this season while saying "I have to call Bryn at 7:30 PM" it would seem there is at least a set time for her calls.

• Love 3

She could have taken him there to make out, smoke a joint, snort a line or myriad things besides sex. You can't act like Carole's word is gospel with one housewife and then claim "we don't know" with her statements on others.

LuAnn is the one that told the world that she was taking Erick into the bathroom and she is the one that put it out to the world that she likes hooking up for sex.

As for Carole's comments in her TH, we DON'T know what was asked of her by the producer that elicits any specific answer and that applies to ALL the THs of ALL the HWs on ALL the HW shows across the entire franchise. I don't use THs against any HW BECAUSE I don't know what the producer asked them.

The reality of this situation with LuAnn and Carole is that we know what we saw and heard all season long did NOT show them at odds or that their friendship was over. Yes, they had a few bumps in the road but nothing that could explain why LuAnn went off the rails on twitter other than she did not like Carole's comments in her THs, but then again, LuAnn's TH were not very nice either. LuAnn knows well enough that what we hear in the THs is a direct result of the producers question and she knows that they were filming THs well after the season filming was over, up to the day before the reunion if tweets from Dorinda and Bethenny are to be believed. There is a very good chance the TH where Carole says she doesn't care about how Nicole feels was filmed a few days before it aired and after Carole was shown LuAnn's TH about her/Adam. AND to top it all off, we do not know that we are hearing the full answer any HW gives the producer in their TH or if it was edited to make it sound like something it was not and ALL of the HWs are aware of this game the producers play.

I have no way of knowing for sure if Bethenny's calls to Bryn are court appointed or not. However, since we've seen Bethenny check the time more than once this season while saying "I have to call Bryn at 7:30 PM" it would seem there is at least a set time for her calls.

It is also possible that Bethenny was calling Bryn at her house when she had to film during her time with Bryn. We don't know who Bryn was with during filming, her mother or her father because we don't know how many days each has her.

It is also possible that Bethenny was calling Bryn at her house when she had to film during her time with Bryn. We don't know who Bryn was with during filming, her mother or her father because we don't know how many days each has her.

That's true and very possible but I got the impression that when Bathenny has Bryn she either opts out of attending an event if she can or shows up after Bryn has gone to bed.

• Love 2

First, we don't know the phone calls are "court ordered" or not, Carole saying it doesn't make true, Bethenny did not confirm/acknowledge Carole's statement at all. But IMO, if it is court mandated/ordered and Jason was not answering these calls, Bethenny would haul his butt back to court in a heart beat and that has NOT happened.

Sometimes you have to extend a little common sense......of course the phone calls are court mandated. At this stage, Bethenny and Jason are unable to co-parent Brynn on their own. There is no doubt in my mind that every visitation, holiday, phone call and any other situation regarding Brynn has been discussed and approved by the court. It's possible that you have never dealt with a non-compliant co-parent?

• Love 6

LuAnn is the one that told the world that she was taking Erick into the bathroom and she is the one that put it out to the world that she likes hooking up for sex.

Did you watch some special Bravo edition of RHoNY where it showed Luann having sex in the bathroom?  I certainly didn't.  Liking to hook up doesn't automatically mean that she had sex with the man in the bathroom.  You have made posts that relied on Carole's statements about that but then turn around and pull a "we don't know" about her statements about Bethenny.  Now you are saying that people should draw their conclusions about the situation based on conjecture, and yet, posters can't do the same about B's phone calls to Brynn.  Seems pretty disingenuous to me but that is JMO of course.

• Love 6

Wait.  Where was anything said or proven that Beth screwed Josh?

And wasn't it brought up that Sonja's intern's would not allow the luggage to be left at the house?  And didn't they say that they didn't know that Sonja had a problem with making arrangements with Sonja finding someone to pick up her daughter?  That was the response I heard when Sonja made the claim on the reunion.  They didn't know Sonja's situation and why would that make a difference in a four story townhouse?  I also wouldn't call it a 'gang'.  There were four women and a camera person who seemed to have access anyway?

And again, Carole never said anything about 'mandated' calls.  She made the point that it was unfair that Beth couldn't say hello to her child because the phone wasn't answered.

When Kristen was on Brandi's Podcast it was brought up by Brandi of course and she talked about Josh and Bethenny back in the day .  Kristen did not want to talk about it further.  I feel like we got a very sanitized version of Bethenny this year.

Another interesting tidbit from Brandi-when Brandi was on Howard Stern she told Howard she and Kristen use to make out.  Apparently, Josh didn't like it.  I guess it was for Eddie's benefit.  So I question just how offended Kristen was when her dirty dancing with John went too far?

Sometimes you have to extend a little common sense......of course the phone calls are court mandated. At this stage, Bethenny and Jason are unable to co-parent Brynn on their own. There is no doubt in my mind that every visitation, holiday, phone call and any other situation regarding Brynn has been discussed and approved by the court. It's possible that you have never dealt with a non-compliant co-parent?

No, I haven't had personal experience, I am married to the same man for 37 years and counting. My statement was that we don't know the particulars of the custody order as they were never made public other than they share 50 / 50 custody of Bryn. We have not heard a peep out of Jason's camp in the press but we do hear from Bethenny's camp and that means we only hear only 1/2 of the story. 

Did you watch some special Bravo edition of RHoNY where it showed Luann having sex in the bathroom?  I certainly didn't.  Liking to hook up doesn't automatically mean that she had sex with the man in the bathroom.  You have made posts that relied on Carole's statements about that but then turn around and pull a "we don't know" about her statements about Bethenny.  Now you are saying that people should draw their conclusions about the situation based on conjecture, and yet, posters can't do the same about B's phone calls to Brynn.  Seems pretty disingenuous to me but that is JMO of course.

LuAnn has talked about random hookups in various places on the show for the last few years now. LOL

As for Carole's comments about that "court ordered" phone calls, her information came directly from Bethenny and we don't know if what she told Carole was true or not or that Carole relayed the information Bethenny gave her correctly as none of us know the details of their custody arrangement. Unless of course you are saying that you, yourself, has seen it, then by all means spill the details. LOL  I also fully believe that if Jason were doing anything against the court ordered custody arrangement, she would take him back into court in a heartbeat, especially when it comes to anything to do with her time or contact with Bryn.

• Love 3

No, I haven't had personal experience, I am married to the same man for 37 years and counting. My statement was that we don't know the particulars of the custody order as they were never made public other than they share 50 / 50 custody of Bryn. We have not heard a peep out of Jason's camp in the press but we do hear from Bethenny's camp and that means we only hear only 1/2 of the story. 

LuAnn has talked about random hookups in various places on the show for the last few years now. LOL

As for Carole's comments about that "court ordered" phone calls, her information came directly from Bethenny and we don't know if what she told Carole was true or not or that Carole relayed the information Bethenny gave her correctly as none of us know the details of their custody arrangement. Unless of course you are saying that you, yourself, has seen it, then by all means spill the details. LOL  I also fully believe that if Jason were doing anything against the court ordered custody arrangement, she would take him back into court in a heartbeat, especially when it comes to anything to do with her time or contact with Bryn.

None of that addresses my point at all.  You weren't in the bathroom and neither was Carole.  You haven't seen the court order and neither has Carole.  Exact same thing.

• Love 6

When Kristen was on Brandi's Podcast it was brought up by Brandi of course and she talked about Josh and Bethenny back in the day .  Kristen did not want to talk about it further.  I feel like we got a very sanitized version of Bethenny this year.

Another interesting tidbit from Brandi-when Brandi was on Howard Stern she told Howard she and Kristen use to make out.  Apparently, Josh didn't like it.  I guess it was for Eddie's benefit.  So I question just how offended Kristen was when her dirty dancing with John went too far?

If watching RHOBH has taught us anything, it was NOT to believe Brandi.

• Love 11

Things I learned from this reunion:
- LuAnn may or may not hook up with young men in bathrooms
- LuAnn may or may not have sex with men in their 20s
- LuAnn’s niece may or may not give a fuck about Adam and Carole
- Ramona may or may not be okay with her divorce and may or may not be ready to move on
- Ramona should not be trusted with a makeup brush and powder
- Anything having to do with Bethenny’s divorce should stay off of TV for the sake of her daughter who will have both parents in her life and does not need to have any ugliness between them preserved on film
- If we remove all of the contradictory statements from this broadcast, there would only be approximately 10 minutes of material
- Andy continues to annoy me

And finally, the number of fucks I have left to give has fallen to the negative numbers.  I guess I should start trolling with LuAnn and Sonja because I need to add some fucks.

• Love 20

What I gather is that Adam is from Pella, Iowa, a small town but it's very historic and pretty. Been there many times. His family owns a rather large office supply company that has stores throughout Iowa. His sister, Nicole, helps run the company now.

http://www.storeykenworthy.com/

I would say his upbringing was very nice, traditional, and dreamy.

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4

Things I learned from this reunion:

- LuAnn may or may not hook up with young men in bathrooms

- LuAnn may or may not have sex with men in their 20s

- LuAnn’s niece may or may not give a fuck about Adam and Carole

- Ramona may or may not be okay with her divorce and may or may not be ready to move on

- Ramona should not be trusted with a makeup brush and powder

- Anything having to do with Bethenny’s divorce should stay off of TV for the sake of her daughter who will have both parents in her life and does not need to have any ugliness between them preserved on film

- If we remove all of the contradictory statements from this broadcast, there would only be approximately 10 minutes of material

- Andy continues to annoy me

And finally, the number of fucks I have left to give has fallen to the negative numbers. I guess I should start trolling with LuAnn and Sonja because I need to add some fucks.

Love...your post! :-D

rhonj2-goodforyou.gifrhony-jill-omg.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

First, we don't know the phone calls are "court ordered" or not, Carole saying it doesn't make true, Bethenny did not confirm/acknowledge Carole's statement at all. But IMO, if it is court mandated/ordered and Jason was not answering these calls, Bethenny would haul his butt back to court in a heart beat and that has NOT happened.

I was responding to the poster who said (twice) that Carole never mentioned anything about the calls being court-mandated.  I was simply pointing out that Carole did in fact say that they are.  That was my main point.  

Of course we don't know all of the details, and I've said several times that I don't really think it's our business.  My personal opinion re what they have/don't have is based on far more than simply what Carole said.   For example, court-mandated calls are extremely common in situations such as this one, and it would be highly unusual if two battling co-parents didn't have that in place.  We also have no idea if Bethenny's attorney has or hasn't addressed the phone call issue.  It's far more likely that in fact it has been addressed.  Not everything that comes up results in someone being "hauled back to court".   I think we can all agree that we don't know far more than we do know.   And IMO that's exactly as it should be.

With no disrespect meant to anyone, I'm bowing out of this particular issue.  I think I've stated my opinions about it clearly enough.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 6

I am beyond sick of this topic, but here goes. If Lu is now telling the truth that she and Carole were never friends (meaning Carole is lying), how can Lu be so hurt about Carole and Adam? They weren't friends, therefore girl code does not apply, therefore Carole owed nothing, zilch, nada to Lu.

I think I'm out of this conversation permanently. Lu is such a fricking liar and she speaks out of both side of mouth, and with both faces.

• Love 14

I'm just now viewing the reunion.  The superficial:

Ramona and Sonja look fantastic.  Carole as well.  Didn't like LuAnn's outfit.  Dorinda looks rough.  Heather looks like usual to me -- nothing much.  Kristin by far looked the most ridiculous.  The hair extensions awful and has she had work on her face?  It looks more severe.  Loved Bethenney's hair.

• Love 4

I do agree that calling him "John-John" was a stupid thing for Sonja to do. She did set herself up by doing that. Typical Sonja self-sabotage.

She was on the party scene herself amd met a lot of high flyers when she was hostess of that restaurant/club/bar place. I don't believe JFK Jr was her friend but I believe she crossed paths with him a time or two, so she's exaggerating but not outright lying.

I wouldn't be surprised if she met him as Lady Morgan and he schmoozed up to her.  After all, his magazine George was failing.  Her ex-husband was obviously extremely wealthy.  However, I don't believe he would've hung out with her in her hostessing days.

• Love 2

I'm just now viewing the reunion.  The superficial:

Ramona and Sonja look fantastic.  Carole as well.  Didn't like LuAnn's outfit.  Dorinda looks rough.  Heather looks like usual to me -- nothing much.  Kristin by far looked the most ridiculous.  The hair extensions awful and has she had work on her face?  It looks more severe.  Loved Bethenney's hair.

It's hard for me to be objective about Kristen because I don't like her and I don't think she's "pretty" or that there's anything the slightest bit special about her.  {dodging all the tomatoes that I'm sure are being thrown at me for saying that!}

But I did think she looked "ridiculous", as you said.  Perfect word.  The extensions were terrible, and were clearly an effort to make her look completely different than how we're used to seeing her.  I certainly understand dressing up and wanting to look glam or edgy or whatever at a reunion, but she was practically unrecognizable.  And not in a good way.  What she wore was pretty terrible, and I can't imagine that she didn't have far more flattering options.  I also think she blew it in the nail polish department.  Pop of Color certainly implies "color", and it would have been far smarter IMO to play up color on her own nails and attempt to promote her own brand, especially at such a high-profile event.  She was going for a look, I get that, but I think doing something more generally-appealing on her nails would have been the smarter way to go for someone who has a new nail polish line.  She should have worn a color that people would notice and would like and would want for themselves.

I kind of like that Bethenny went for a different kind of look rather than what was expected, although I can't decide if I actually like it or not.   And I agree with Dorinda looking rough and Carole looking great.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4

I did not recognize her! I thought it was a pic posted by accident. Wow.

That is not only a really bad look but really seems to age her.

She's cute in the image talula posted. I even like how the pop of blue (see what I did there? lol) on her nails contrasts with her yellow dress.

Amen.  It actually made her look horsey.  She has an underbite that just seemed more pronounced by the makeup and ridiculous hair extensions.  And the nails?  Pop of tacky as fuck.

• Love 5

It's hard for me to be objective about Kristen because I don't like her and I don't think she's "pretty" or that there's anything the slightest bit special about her.  {dodging all the tomatoes that I'm sure are being thrown at me for saying that!}

But I did think she looked "ridiculous", as you said.  Perfect word.  The extensions were terrible, and were clearly an effort to make her look completely different than how we're used to seeing her.  I certainly understand dressing up and wanting to look glam or edgy or whatever at a reunion, but she was practically unrecognizable.  And not in a good way.  What she wore was pretty terrible, and I can't imagine that she didn't have far more flattering options.  I also think she blew it in the nail polish department.  Pop of Color certainly implies "color", and it would have been far smarter IMO to play up color on her own nails and attempt to promote her own brand, especially at such a high-profile event.  She was going for a look, I get that, but I think doing something more generally-appealing on her nails would have been the smarter way to go for someone who has a new nail polish line.  She should have worn a color that people would notice and would like and would want for themselves.

I kind of like that Bethenny went for a different kind of look rather than what was expected.  And I agree with Dorinda looking rough and Carole looking great.

Love your assessment of Kristen!  I agree.  I do think she can look beautiful but there's something about her that just doesn't do anything for me.  And the outfit made me think she just jumped off the plane from some Vegas Elvis ex-GF Imitators conference. 

I don't think Kristen does edgy well either.  She needs to stick to classic looks.  And her nails looked like Pop of Tacky as Fuck.

• Love 4

Love your assessment of Kristen!  I agree.  I do think she can look beautiful but there's something about her that just doesn't do anything for me.  And the outfit made me think she just jumped off the plane from some Vegas Elvis ex-GF Imitators conference. 

I don't think Kristen does edgy well either.  She needs to stick to classic looks.  And her nails looked like Pop of Tacky as Fuck.

Thanks!  

I think her whole "edgy" attempt came off as trying too hard and actually had the opposite effect of what she was going for.   I'm surprised there wasn't a stylist or friend or someone around to say, "Uh, no."    She also needs a better business advisor.

Honestly, a lot of the time I forget Kristen is even on this show.  

• Love 3

Amen. It actually made her look horsey. She has an underbite that just seemed more pronounced by the makeup and ridiculous hair extensions. And the nails? Pop of tacky as fuck.

Someone up thread said Kristen's look reminded them of an elf from Lord of the Rings...

c590df4993550bce8088bbd965ed553e.jpg

guest0102.jpg

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

I am beyond sick of this topic, but here goes. If Lu is now telling the truth that she and Carole were never friends (meaning Carole is lying), how can Lu be so hurt about Carole and Adam? They weren't friends, therefore girl code does not apply, therefore Carole owed nothing, zilch, nada to Lu.

You don't need to be friends w/ someone to be upset with them for something like pursuing your niece's ex when they were supposedly still involved. (It just makes it sting more, especially when it happened because you trusted this person into your home as a guest.)

Here's the thing, though: Carole is the one behaving as though Lu owes her something. Carole expressed a problem with not receiving a warm welcome from Lu after London like she got from everyone else. It's been Carole who feels entitled to the friendship/friendliness from Lu and goes on the attack by criticizing her when she doesn't receive it. This invalidates Lu/Nicole's right to their feelings, which is why Lu was probably right to call her a true princess.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 3

Wait. Where was anything said or proven that Beth screwed Josh?

And wasn't it brought up that Sonja's intern's would not allow the luggage to be left at the house? And didn't they say that they didn't know that Sonja had a problem with making arrangements with Sonja finding someone to pick up her daughter? That was the response I heard when Sonja made the claim on the reunion. They didn't know Sonja's situation and why would that make a difference in a four story townhouse? I also wouldn't call it a 'gang'. There were four women and a camera person who seemed to have access anyway?

I think Sonja's townhouse is five stories. The ladies were told - Lady Morgan is not receiving visitors. They didn't come up with that on their own. That's pure Sonja. The poor deluded hag thinks she's living in Regency England and the Duchess of Cambridge came by for tea on visiting day. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Sonja has engraved visiting cards, and makes her interns pretend to be the butler and deliver her mail on a silver tray.

• Love 11

Well as someone who has two, I can totally agree with you! I love them more than anything, but give me adult conversation.

AMEN.  I have only 1 and I get bored with parents who only want to talk about how their precious child has already cracked the geneticc code at age 3.  

• Love 5

You don't need to be friends w/ someone to be upset with them for something like pursuing your niece's ex when they were supposedly still involved. (It just makes it sting more, especially when it happened because you trusted this person into your home as a guest.)

Here's the thing, though: Carole is the one behaving as though Lu owes her something. Carole expressed a problem with not receiving a warm welcome from Lu after London like she got from everyone else. It's been Carole who feels entitled to the friendship/friendliness from Lu and goes on the attack by criticizing her when she doesn't receive it. This invalidates Lu/Nicole's right to their feelings, which is why Lu was probably right to call her a true princess.

When did Carole say she had a problem with not getting a warm welcome from Lu? Are you referring to the fact that Lu said herself that she promised to call Carole when she got back from London so they could talk? It sounded like Carole was pointing this out, since she was under the impression they still had some sort of a friendship, and according to the conversation they both had at Ramona's dumb shit party,  Lu had told her she would call and they would talk when she returned home. What is wrong with expecting for someone to follow through on their word.  I don't think that Carole wants anything from Lu, except honesty. She said she has heard from multiple people that Lu is running around badmouthing her about the Adam deal, but she hasn't been saying those things directly to Carole. Actually, this all just proves Carole's point and makes Lu look like much more of a liar. We hear from Carole that she wants to talk to Lu and understand what is going on, and that she still considers Lu a friend. Yet at the same time Lu is saying they were not friends, but it doesn't look like Carole was aware of that. If you watched the first looks, without giving anything away, I will say this is addressed and that Lu looks ridiculous.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 9

I think Sonja's townhouse is five stories. The ladies were told - Lady Morgan is not receiving visitors. They didn't come up with that on their own. That's pure Sonja. The poor deluded hag thinks she's living in Regency England and the Duchess of Cambridge came by for tea on visiting day. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Sonja has engraved visiting cards, and makes her interns pretend to be the butler and deliver her mail on a silver tray.

Sonja has said her interns don't refer to her as Lady Morgan that is a joke amongst the cast. Heather was being sarcastic. Just as Sonja doesn't have 7,000 interns as Heather claimed at the Reunion. The women were inside the foyer of her house -she just didn't want them any further inside and I do believe it is because she wasn't prepared for filming and needed to find an overnight sitter for her daughter.  I really think the issue is with production and why is the limo hours late?  Once caught on film it is there forever and quite frankly the last thing in the world Sonja needed was  a helpful, angry Heather flapping her gums and pressuring her.  Kristen and Heather were both angry over Bethenny being late as they had left and said they had to make other arrangements with dropping their children off.

To me it sounds as if production creates a of  unnecessary drama.  Why would they tell the  women to be there at 10:00 am (Heather and Carole arrived at 10:38) and not have a limo or a plan for them that didn't involve Sonja?  Every episode this season involved an argument or slight - this group is becoming unbelievable as a group of social friends.

• Love 2

When did Carole say she had a problem with Lu not calling her? She was simply pointing it out, since she was under the impression they still had some sort of a friendship, and according to the conversation they both had at Ramona's dumb shit party,  Lu had told her she would call and they would talk when she returned home from London.  As Carole said, Lu tweeted her before she left and said they would talk when she got home. I don't think that Carole wants anything from Lu, except honesty. She said she has heard from multiple people that Lu is running around badmouthing her about the Adam deal, but she hasn't been saying those things directly to Carole.

Carole never really like Luann.  She had this phoniness about "LU" and it worked when she was battling Aviva and later Sonja's facialist and Sonja.  Carole disregarded what Luann had to say about her niece's feelings and went so far as to say she doesn't care about Luann or her niece's feelings she will do what she wants.  So be it.  Luann was upset about the barging into Luann's sleeping quarters-all Carole could come up with is you did it in London.  They are not friends.  Just because Andy Cohen says they are doesn't make it so.  Luann was very direct to Carole when the Adam/Carole issue came up.  Carole doesn't care.  To then keep hammering Luann for making comments-yes Luann can say Adam is Sonja young.  Just like Carole said she didn't know if Sonja was adopting or dating. 

Heather said at the Reunion she was never friends with Sonja and nobody seems to take Heather to task for it.  it seemed to me she went out of her way to make a big showy apology to Sonja then just dismiss her again.  So if Heather can say she was never friends with Sonja, why can't Luann say the same about Carole? 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 3

Sonja has said her interns don't refer to her as Lady Morgan that is a joke amongst the cast. Heather was being sarcastic. Just as Sonja doesn't have 7,000 interns as Heather claimed at the Reunion. The women were inside the foyer of her house -she just didn't want them any further inside and I do believe it is because she wasn't prepared for filming and needed to find an overnight sitter for her daughter.  I really think the issue is with production and why is the limo hours late?  Once caught on film it is there forever and quite frankly the last thing in the world Sonja needed was  a helpful, angry Heather flapping her gums and pressuring her.  Kristen and Heather were both angry over Bethenny being late as they had left and said they had to make other arrangements with dropping their children off.

To me it sounds as if production creates a of  unnecessary drama.  Why would they tell the  women to be there at 10:00 am (Heather and Carole arrived at 10:38) and not have a limo or a plan for them that didn't involve Sonja?  Every episode this season involved an argument or slight - this group is becoming unbelievable as a group of social friends.

But there were cameras inside Sonja's house filming, they filmed her packing that morning, not the night before, so Sonja was not worried about cameras in her house! AND what kind of sister, that lives out of state, isn't on a plane bright and early in the morning to watch their niece overnight, it's not like she could be at Sonja's house in a few minutes drive. I call BS on Sonja's excuse.

All during that scene of Heather getting angry at Sonja, at no time does Heather say anything about Bethenny until they are inside the limo. I do not believe that Sonja told them Bethenny was running late because of Bryn/school.

Carole never really like Luann.  She had this phoniness about "LU" and it worked when she was battling Aviva and later Sonja's facialist and Sonja.  Carole disregarded what Luann had to say about her niece's feelings and went so far as to say she doesn't care about Luann or her niece's feelings she will do what she wants.  So be it.  Luann was upset about the barging into Luann's sleeping quarters-all Carole could come up with is you did it in London.  They are not friends.  Just because Andy Cohen says they are doesn't make it so.  Luann was very direct to Carole when the Adam/Carole issue came up.  Carole doesn't care.  To then keep hammering Luann for making comments-yes Luann can say Adam is Sonja young.  Just like Carole said she didn't know if Sonja was adopting or dating. 

Heather said at the Reunion she was never friends with Sonja and nobody seems to take Heather to task for it.  it seemed to me she went out of her way to make a big showy apology to Sonja then just dismiss her again.  So if Heather can say she was never friends with Sonja, why can't Luann say the same about Carole? 

You need to see the preview for the next reunion installment because LuAnn admits something that goes against what she already claimed in this reunion episode. It is what some of us have been saying.  

• Love 5

I would never compare any friendship I've seen between Heather and Sonja to what we were led to believe was a friendship between Carole and Lu, but that's just me. I don't have people come to stay at my home if I don't truly care about them, and both have said Carole spent a lot of time last summer at Lu's house.

People would have taken Heather to task for it if she'd said nothing to Sonja during the season about how she felt she been treated. If she acted like they were good friends, traveled with her to Atlantic City instead of with the rest of the girls, sat next to her at dinner, gossiped in The Berkshires over internet stories of Ramona and her boyfriend, etc. If she had been seen giggling all over the place with her acting like all was fine, and then when the season started began an incredible campaign of hate and dismisal on Social Media, I think that people would judge her harshly. As it is, Heather pretty much kept us in the loop as to how she was feeling about Sonja all year long. I would imagine that there is not one single person who is confused as to why Heather would be irritated with Sonja, or for that matter, why Sonja would be irritated with Heather. We get it because they both get it. Neither one of them were out of the loop as to what was going on.  

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I think I'm out of this conversation permanently. Lu is such a fricking liar and she speaks out of both side of mouth, and with both faces.

I was patiently sitting in my den waiting for tonight's First Look to come on at 9:48 PM when I saw your post.   I was just about to respond and agree with you when I realized that the First Looks was on at 8:48 PM.   Thankfully, my DVR is smarter than I am.  Now that I've seen this week's First Look, I'm glad I didn't get to post and tell you that I too was beyond sick of this topic.  

Before I head over to the First Looks thread with my thoughts and observations, I'm going to channel Melissa Gorga......

Thank you Jesus!

LuAnn just proved us right!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I was patiently sitting in my den waiting for tonight's First Look to come on at 9:48 PM when I saw your post.   I was just about to respond and agree with you when I realized that the First Looks was on at 8:48 PM.   Thankfully, my DVR is smarter than I am.  Now that I've seen this week's First Look, I'm glad I didn't get to post and tell you that I too was beyond sick of this topic.  

Before I head over to the First Looks thread with my thoughts and observations, I'm going to channel Melissa Gorga......

Thank you Jesus!

LuAnn just proved us right!

Thank you baby Jesus indeed. I've never seen a person change their tune so dramatically in one reunion. Feels good to know I'm not going insane, and I was starting to think I might be after hearing her try to convince me I had seen something entirely different than what I knew I had seen with my own eyes.

My understanding is that they broke for lunch at one point while filming and drank Ramona's Pinot Grigio (which I guess is the reason she does what she does at the reunion). Maybe part two took place after lunch and after a few cocktails Lu could no longer keep up with her own lies.

• Love 5

When did Carole say she had a problem with not getting a warm welcome from Lu? Are you referring to the fact that Lu said herself that she promised to call Carole when she got back from London so they could talk? It sounded like Carole was pointing this out, since she was under the impression they still had some sort of a friendship, and according to the conversation they both had at Ramona's dumb shit party,  Lu had told her she would call and they would talk when she returned home. What is wrong with expecting for someone to follow through on their word.  I don't think that Carole wants anything from Lu, except honesty. She said she has heard from multiple people that Lu is running around badmouthing her about the Adam deal, but she hasn't been saying those things directly to Carole. Actually, this all just proves Carole's point and makes Lu look like much more of a liar. We hear from Carole that she wants to talk to Lu and understand what is going on, and that she still considers Lu a friend. Yet at the same time Lu is saying they were not friends, but it doesn't look like Carole was aware of that. If you watched the first looks, without giving anything away, I will say this is addressed and that Lu looks ridiculous.

In that case, then, she was right to complain that she hadn't heard from her in a week since she'd been back. However, from the beginning she's been indignant that Lu shouldn't have a problem with her and Adam. It's not about honesty because Lu was honest in telling her upfront early on (in that scene where she called it "Sonja young") that it didn't sit right with her because of Nicole. And Carole did her own badmouthing Lu behind her back throughout the season to Heather, Dorinda, and Bethenny.

• Love 1

In that case, then, she was right to complain that she hadn't heard from her in a week since she'd been back. However, from the beginning she's been indignant that Lu shouldn't have a problem with her and Adam. It's not about honesty because Lu was honest in telling her upfront early on (in that scene where she called it "Sonja young") that it didn't sit right with her because of Nicole. And Carole did her own badmouthing Lu behind her back throughout the season to Heather, Dorinda, and Bethenny.

90% of any "badmouthing" we heard was done in her, Carole's, TH, not face to face with any HW, the same with LuAnn. LuAnn never told Carole their "friendship" was over, not even after T&C. She only said it at the reunion during the first part and now, part 2 reunion preview, we hear LuAnn say something different, which conflicts with her statement to Carole during the Finale when she told Carole their friendship was important to her (or something along those lines). LuAnn is really struggling with keeping her stories/lies straight at the reunion and Andy seems intent on pointing that out. 

Edited by WireWrap

I kind of like that Bethenny went for a different kind of look rather than what was expected, although I can't decide if I actually like it or not.   And I agree with Dorinda looking rough and Carole looking great.

Brava! I agree 110% with everything you said. Kristen should have painted her nails in solid in one of her Pop of Color shades, so that they stood out. Or if she had to do something "creative" maybe one accent nail in a different Pop of Color shade- not that that's unusual or creative anymore, but it would've shown off two Pop of Color shades.

(Speaking of nails, Aviva's stepmother Dana Cody has her own shown on Qxygen now called Queen of Nails or something like that.)

I'm in the minority here that isn't into Kristen's style at all. Most of the time I find myself not liking her outfits. And I despise her reunion dress (and cheap looking extensions). I tend to think outfits like that are unflattering to the breast-area. You could have the best boobs on the planet and that dress would still be unflattering.

I thought that Bethany's outfit projected confidence and was chosen to showcase her Top Dog status. Still not sure why she's the "un-HW HW" but whatever you say Andy Cohen.

• Love 3

I just watched the reunion again. Carole is REALLY defensive about the niece thing. I don't really think LuAnn is pissed about the niece thing though, I think she is pissed that Carole refusing to acknowledge how she feels about it. If I were Carole, I'd tell LuAnn that I feel terrible about hooking up with her niece's ex boyfriend, and I didn't know that she still had feelings for him. I would apologize and try to convey that I care how people feel. I think that is all Carole really needed to do. She can keep seeing him, and she can be merry and cherish her bruises from Adam's bones hitting hers, but she should just be a little sensitive. My mom does that shit too, and it bugs me so much, she absolutely will never admit to hurting anyone's feelings, and ALWAYS says that it is "their problem, and they should "get over it." I'm very sensitive so it has always been very hard to talk to mom because she gets so defensive and then that makes me feel worse.

Anyhoo, all Carole needed to do is pretend to care about LuAnn's feelings and let her talk and hear her out. Instead, she just interrupts and says that it is silly and gives an excuse to not listen. Very rude and immature. 

• Love 8

Kirsten's "look" is too much! Did she not read the Preppy Handbook manifesto on accessories ...put on all of your jewelry when getting ready for a party and then take OFF one piece? Perfection.

We are only getting one side of the Brynn phone calls thing. And I can guarantee that side is lies and exaggerated like everything Bethenny says. It's all painted with her brush. Homeless. Lost at sea. Doesn't have parents. She's the girl who cries (raised by) wolf (wolves).

Jason says nothing in the press. Bethenny does even though she's not supposed to, and in addition puts Carole up to it. Smart Carole..... Bethenny will be very very loyal to Carole for C doing this for her, guaranteeing Carole's role on the show.

What evidence do we have that Jason is a non-compliant co parent?

• Love 3

Is it just me, or did I miss something?

In the broadcast that I saw on Friday, Bravo had something going on in the lower left corner of the screen that they called 'Dubsmash' (I had it reversed).  The idea apparently was to have someone mimicking what the speaking Housewife was saying, as she was saying it.  I don't know where they came up with this, but it was absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

https://www.facebook.com/dubsmashapp

If you link to this page, go down about two or three entries and there's an advertisement there for this functionality being used on the RHONY episode.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 1

Well I do think Carole has attached herself to her late husband's mother so I would say most people do want a relationship with their significant other's family. 

I think there is a huge, big world of difference between having a relationship with your mother-in-law vs. a relationship with the guy you are casually dating. It is entirely possible to like somebody and enjoy dating them, but still NOT want a long-term partnership with them.  I believe very much that this is how Carole views Adam --- and vice versa on his part, too. 

I don't know what Jason is doing and why he is being difficult-- is this about money? About broken hearts? Love lost? I'm not sure, but it is really really sad that they are having such a horrible time with the divorce. Is he trying to get rich? It sort of seems like he is purposely trying to hurt her. Very very sad. He should be thankful to her for everything she did for him. He seems horrible.

Reunion thoughts:

Bethenny's hair and outfit was super cute and glam without being a ball gown

Sonja looked very pretty

I love Luann. She seemed to keep her composure pretty well 

I did not understand Carole's point about Sonja not mentioning John John. Sonja has every right to name drop anyone she wants. Carole doesn't own rights to the name. Name dropping is annoying and pretentious. Let Sonja look like a fool, instead of butting in and saying something stupid to make you look like the bad guy.

People need to leave Sonja alone. Just let her say what she wants. Who really cares? 

Ramona is starting to seem old and frail. Or maybe just taking some strong MOAs.

Winners: LuAnn, Sonja, and maybe Bethenny

Losers: Kristen

Most annoying: Heather

Luanne?  Kept her composure?  Wait I'm being dead serious here---did we watch the same reunion?  Is it possible you missed the 15 minutes she was fanning herself and sputtering and stammering all over the place?  Or maybe there a different, more "modern" definition of composure that I'm not aware of (off to consult Urban Dictionary).  But seriously - how I saw her acting on part 1 of the reunion bore no resemblance to the way I've always interpreted the phrase "kept her composure."  

• Love 10

In the broadcast that I saw on Friday, Bravo had something going on in the lower left corner of the screen that they called 'Dubsmash' (I had it reversed).  The idea apparently was to have someone mimicking what the speaking Housewife was saying, as she was saying it.  I don't know where they came up with this, but it was absolutely the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

https://www.facebook.com/dubsmashapp

If you link to this page, go down about two or three entries and there's an advertisement there for this functionality being used on the RHONY episode.

Thanks for the info. I guess they should have made that a little more clear.

The Andy exhibit/example was pretty funny. But he appeared to be playing along, which has to change the result.

It has potential but sounds like the main potential is one of distraction.

In any case, I was responding to the poster who said that Bethenny was probably calling at bath time or movie time, and so Jason wasn't at fault.  My response was  that she was likely calling at the time she was supposed to be calling.  Time that was court-mandated to be set aside as her time to speak to her daughter.  If in fact, her daughter has not been available at those times, then Jason absolutely would be at fault.  His obligation is to schedule baths, movies, etc, around the scheduled phone calls.  Again, I'm not saying he is or he isn't.  Just that I'm quite sure Bethenny is not just picking random times to phone her daughter.  In a volatile situation such as this, it's almost certain that she's calling at court-mandated times.

As I am the original poster in question, I would like to say that I never said Jason wasn't at fault or that Bethenny was calling at bath time or movie time.  What I said was that I wondered what was happening on that end of the phone at the time of these calls from Bethenny and speculated that perhaps it was during a time in which Bryn was not available.  Obviously I do not know for a fact that Bethenny called during such a time as I was not present.  None of us were.  And that was what I was trying to get across in my original post.  We the viewers have no way of knowing what is actually happening.  We are not present in these moments.  We can only speculate based on what is said in the press or on the show.  As I stated in a previous post, there are three sides to every story...his, hers and the truth.  The truth is usually a combination of the first two.

• Love 7

I was surprised by Bethenney's lack of self awareness with the "homeless" situation.  I expected her to apologize. While, yes, it does stink living out of a suitcase, but that choice was hers.  Unlike truly homeless people, she had enough money to buy a house or 3.  

• Love 6

I was surprised by Bethenney's lack of self awareness with the "homeless" situation.  I expected her to apologize. While, yes, it does stink living out of a suitcase, but that choice was hers.  Unlike truly homeless people, she had enough money to buy a house or 3.  

What I don't understand, is if she was going to stay in Hotels so much of the time, why didn't she stay in just one? Many people with money live long-term in hotels for different reasons. The deal with her having to change her clothes in the back of a limo because check out time was noon might have been the craziest thing I've ever heard. I'm no VIP, but even with the travel I do Hilton loves me enough that when I need to get a late check-out time because of something I've got going on, they let me stay in my room until 2 or 3 pretty much every time I've ever asked (thanks Hilton Honors). 

• Love 11

What I don't understand, is if she was going to stay in Hotels so much of the time, why didn't she stay in just one? Many people with money live long-term in hotels for different reasons. The deal with her having to change her clothes in the back of a limo because check out time was noon might have been the craziest thing I've ever heard. I'm no VIP, but even with the travel I do Hilton loves me enough that when I need to get a late check-out time because of something I've got going on, they let me stay in my room until 2 or 3 pretty much every time I've ever asked (thanks Hilton Honors). 

Getting a room for an extended period of time would not garner Bethenny much support, admitting that she was in a steady relationship with a guy would not help either, hence her "homeless" act and her need to keep the "wall up" regarding "new people" and that she didn't have a "BF" in her life. Smoke N Mirrors! LOL

• Love 5

Just caught up with the reunion.  As far as the dresses, surprisingly I thought Carole looked the best.  I also like Bethenny's look although compared to the other ladies she did look under dressed.  I liked Kristen and Heather.  Ramona's hair and makeup looked great, but the dress washed her out imo.  Sonja, Luann, and Dorinda all looked rough to me.  Very tacky and Sonja had worn that same dress in her TH's.

I was cringing during the whole "John John" exchange.  Sonja is not only DELUSIONAL but completely insensitive and narcissistic as well.  I disagree with B's assessment that Sonja doesn't hurt anyone but herself.  She's thrown shade at pretty much everyone this season, although I don't think anyone cares as they are too busy pitying her.  She's a mess.

As far as B being "homeless", I have to agree with most of the posters here - she was living out of suitcases and in and out of hotel rooms by her own choice.  She could have easily rented an apartment while her current apartment was being renovated.  I get that her situation sucks, but it pisses me off when people who have full control over their situation and can change it decide instead to complain about it.  Zero pity for her in this instance, although her divorce does sound like a nightmare.

• Love 5

I thought Bethenny was living (or "practically living") with her boyfriend.  If that's true, odds are, she couldn't take Brynn there, so hotels it is for half the week.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4