Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E20: Reunion (Part I)

• Start Topic

StewedSquash............today is your lucky day!

Look what I found on the Bravo website...

Yeeeah. That's some real tacky shit. And I say that as someone who likes nail art. I can't decide if I'm happy or upset that those are fake nails. 

• Love 3

I really don't care about the relationship between Adam and Carole. I don't care if they're just fucking or if they want to settle down together. I really wish the show would move on from that. I am not buying that Luann is genuinely upset about the situation. I'm just not. I don't know if this storyline was just her wanting to be prominent in this season with Bethenny's return or what, I want them to shut up about it.

THANK YOU, you mind reader, you! I NEVER bought that LuAnn was truly offended or bothered by it.  It was definitely for a storyline from the get-go, and even she knows that people aren't buying it - and yet, she has to go down swinging in hopes that she'll be taken seriously in the future.   She doesn't play the victim role well at all, but she realized that being the resident whore wasn't going to be her ticket to the apple, so she took a shot at the sympathy angle.  Good try, dumbass. 

• Love 8

I know this one!  It's a high forehead, where the hairline is way back on her head.  Tyra Banks coined the phrase on her America's Next Top Model show when she said that her forehead is so high, it's a fivehead. 

Thanks.  I didn't know what it was either.

I'm guessing that definition would make Teresa Giudice a minus five head.   LOL

• Love 7

Well, he sorta did...

I'm the first to admit that I'm a sick individual, so the second thing I'll admit to is that I laughed so loud at this, I think my neighbors might be heading over to check on me soon.   I'm going straight to the opposite of heaven. 

• Love 8

I love my nieces very much. I really do. But, if any of you want to date any of their old boyfriends, please feel free to do so! It's really none of my business.

If they look like Adam, er, no thank you.  BUT if they look anything like those guys who brought Sonja the flowers at her townhouse, now we're talkin'!

• Love 3

Thanks for posting the Kristen pics AnnA!  It's not my thing but I like someone like Kristen who goes hard for a look.  If she had added a Vulcan-style sculpted forehead piece, I might have loved LuAnn's look - well, maybe not.

I felt a little embarrassed watching LuAnn flail but I agree with breezy424 upthread -- things have spiraled out of control, argument-wise, for LuAnn, but I was very bothered by the 1 TH where Carole said she didn't care about how Nicole felt.  I admit I still think it was unnecessary, and whatever her intent, just seems cold and mean for the sake of it.  A part of me does think that what Sincerely Yours and others think, I think, that LuAnn really is actually only bothered by Nicole's feelings about the matter -- but it's awkward to be plain about that.  LuAnn got into it but was of two minds -- maybe -- because getting into it exposes Nicole as feeling sad about Adam, and no one wants to be seen that way after a break up.  It's just all too bad.  So I dislike the whole nature of LuAnn's shifting argument and think the stuff about it's age/no it's family etc. as written by Redheaded Zombie was totally dead-on, but without being able to explain why, I do think she's all shifting sands about it because LuAnn doesn't want to be explicit and say Nicole was very hurt to have Adam move onto a significant relationship (in terms of length at least) with her aunt's peer, on a TV show.  That would sting, and I don't think any less of anyone who would feel some kind of way about those circumstances.  There is pain in moving on from any breakup, let alone one that becomes a plot point in a show, where there are public and quasi-public figures involved.  It just sucks, I'm saying, I think, without casting too many aspersions.  However, it doesn't make the shittier comments LuAnn has thrown any less shitty, I guess I'm also saying.

I still hate Ramona and Sonja.  Yes, both of them.  Like a lot.  I agree with what shoegal wrote about that 'partying' connotes: sniff sniff, rub your nose.  It's coke.  It means doing lines together.  I don't blame Carole for shutting that shit down as best she could, nor for her definition of family.  Sonja is a try-hard liar with no loyalty and discretion.  If they did a bump together literally decades ago, who fucking cares?  Sonja was saying that to brag her ass off while drunk and needing a Guardian of the Snatch to block her bits from Bravo's cameras.  I find her delusion that a second Mr. Moneybags will save her day fucking delicious.  Delicious.  And I would stake my actual life that whatever else, JFK Jr. didn't even know her name beyond 'That hostess who keeps leaning over and reaching for my zipper when she shows me to my table.'

And now no one can order that Sonja Morgan International Intergalactic Gold Dress, One Size Fits Most, yours for a modest $1,200 since she wore it pantyless on the reunion to insist that Madonna Ciccone was at her ill-run, effed lubeless fashion show.  Cool!

Carole made some odd comments for someone who claims she had never met Nicole.  First off she had met Nicole, then she goes on to say, Adam was on the phone with her when Luann walked in.  Luann said, my niece is upset,  Carole said no she doesn't want to get involved and you threw her under the bus.  Is she throwing Nicole under the bus because Nicole didn't want to let on she had feelings for Adam?  Now Carole is telling Luann how Nicole feels.  Carole does NOT KNOW IT ALL.  Carole has to this day never spoken to Nicole to see how she felt about the situation.  Luann on the other hand has an on going close relationship with her niece and always has.  The biggest question that goes unanswered is why was Carole telling Kristen and Heather she was nervous about telling Luann?  Odd for someone claiming such moral superiority.

• Love 2

Carole made some odd comments for someone who claims she had never met Nicole.  First off she had met Nicole, then she goes on to say, Adam was on the phone with her when Luann walked in.  Luann said, my niece is upset,  Carole said no she doesn't want to get involved and you threw her under the bus.  Is she throwing Nicole under the bus because Nicole didn't want to let on she had feelings for Adam?  Now Carole is telling Luann how Nicole feels.  Carole does NOT KNOW IT ALL.  Carole has to this day never spoken to Nicole to see how she felt about the situation.  Luann on the other hand has an on going close relationship with her niece and always has.  The biggest question that goes unanswered is why was Carole telling Kristen and Heather she was nervous about telling Luann?  Odd for someone claiming such moral superiority.

Maybe Carole was worried that LuAnn had designs on Adam! LOL

• Love 2

Maybe Carole was worried that LuAnn had designs on Adam! LOL

I think you're right.  Carole said as much at the Reunion.

I just posted a link in Carole's thread to a piece on the Inquisitr that claims LuAnn tried to hook up with a friend of Heather's who also dated Nicole.  Methinks the Countess may have to explain this.

• Love 5
Carole made some odd comments for someone who claims she had never met Nicole.

I haven't read that Carole "had never met Nicole."   I thought she said she didn't know her.   I've met Alice Cooper and I've met Zachary Quinto  I definitely do not know them. 

• Love 5

I haven't read that Carole "had never met Nicole."   I thought she said she didn't know her.   I've met Alice Cooper and I've met Zachary Quinto  I definitely do not know them. 

You're right.  That is what she said and there is a difference.

• Love 6

I'm no big Carole fan but I don't see anything wrong with her dating Adam. She probably shouldn't have said that she didn't care a bout Nicole's feelings but when I started dating Mr. Prettybird I didn't really care about his ex wives feelings either. She was told that they broke up. So he's fair game. As far as him being the help, I won't even go there. He's 29, that's a full grown adult and perfectly acceptable. When I was 29 I dated 40 something's. What's the big deal? Lu just has no leg to stand on IMO.

I'm no big Carole fan but I don't see anything wrong with her dating Adam. She probably shouldn't have said that she didn't care a bout Nicole's feelings but when I started dating Mr. Pritybird I didn't really care about his ex wives feelings either. She was told that they broke up. So he's fair game. As far as him being the help, I won't even go there. He's 29, that's a full grown adult and perfectly acceptable. When I was 29 I dated 40 something's. What's the big deal? Lu just has no leg to stand on IMO.

Edited by prettybird
  • Love 10

I believe the allegation is Carole said she didn't know her and a photo was presented of Nicole, Luann and Carole and it was revealed that Carole and Nicole had a conversation and Nicole talked about Adam.  It really doesn't matter with Carole because she doesn't care about Nicole and said as  much.

Maybe someone can ask Carole (WWHL?) how many times Adam has acted in his capacity of "the help" for LuAnn.  Bet it's not that often.

He worked with long enough to develop a relationship with Noel.  The sad thing about this is Adam gets exactly zero heat and here are two former friends slugging it out.  Sad.

• Love 5

I totally agree with those who have stated that Lu has used this whole Carole/Adam relationship as a storyline.  To me, Lu was not 'all' that bothered by it until after Turks when she decided to come out with a new song called 'Girl Code'.  So not only was the 'barging' into her room breaking the so called code, Carole dating her niece's old girlfriend broke the 'code' as well.  She's also, in addition to rewriting her own history of admitting to copping to making out with the married man to innocent flirting, rewrote the history of her niece dating Adam and breaking up with him 'a while' ago to her niece was dating Adam when Carole and Adam starting dating.  Sorry but she's full of crap.  Bottom line is that this is about Lu selling a stupid song and vying to keep an apple.  I don't always agree with Carole and what she says but I think Carole knows exactly what Lu's intentions are.

I also think that Carole and Adam's relationship is on the downslide but she's keeping mum until after the all the reunion episodes (and possibly 'lost footage') have been aired.  She's been a bit cagey on her responses regarding questions about the relationship lately.

• Love 7

You're right.  That is what she said and there is a difference.

There are more pictures of Carole and Nicole ttogether than there are of Carole and Carolyn. Pictures of them in groups and just the two of them, arms around each other. Carole attended one of Nicole's solo art exhibits. And nothing will convince me that each time they met they didn't do that double air kissing, gee you look hawt things that they all do. Carole saying she doesn't know Nicole is just her slick way of trying to cover her bony ass. She's a liar.

• Love 6

There are more pictures of Carole and Nicole ttogether than there are of Carole and Carolyn. Pictures of them in groups and just the two of them, arms around each other.

That may be true but I think it's largely because Carolyn didn't want to be photographed and in the tabloids. If Nicole wasn't looking for media coverage and career opportunities, she would have asked LuAnn to let it go.

• Love 4
She's a liar.

Zing!   Does Carole know where Nicole grew up?  Her parents' and siblings' names?  Can she take a cab to Nicole's apartment without researching the address?  Are they in each other's Contact lists?   "Liar" is a pretty strong term unless one knows for sure.  There are many functions where these so-called celebrities are forced to be photographed together...and there are selfies galore!   I don't know Carole, LuAnne, or Nicole, so I can't hit anyone below the belt.

• Love 10

There are more pictures of Carole and Nicole ttogether than there are of Carole and Carolyn. Pictures of them in groups and just the two of them, arms around each other. Carole attended one of Nicole's solo art exhibits. And nothing will convince me that each time they met they didn't do that double air kissing, gee you look hawt things that they all do. Carole saying she doesn't know Nicole is just her slick way of trying to cover her bony ass. She's a liar.

I don't see that as any sort of comparison.  Carolyn hated the media.  So, it's not in the least unusual not seeing photos of them together.  Air kissing and photos, especially in this day and age, doesn't mean knowing one another aka having conversations or any kind of relationship. 

• Love 6
When I was 29 I dated 40 something's. What's the big deal? Lu just has no leg to stand on IMO.

I was 39 when my husband left me and our two sons...no warning, just came home to find all his stuff gone.  He moved in with his (younger) secretary.   Was I supposed to turn down fun, attractive guys because they were younger?  I dated a 26-year-old who was more fun for my kids than their dad ever was.  When I was in my 20s I dated every age up to 47.  Why is age anyone's business?  I agree with prettybird.  MYOB, and get your own lives, Ladies of the RHONY.

• Love 13

I took the post to be a hypothetical about Carol not being in love during relationships that ended by someone moving on and then being with someone else.  If Carole was all hey no matter, no biggie, had no emotions WHATSOEVER about someone she loved and was involved with intimately settling down with another partner then the curiosity over that would be about how much did she really love the person if news of a relationship has no affect on her whatsoever.

The hypothetical gives a theory that explains her aloofness and position about lingering feelings and old/ended relationships.

Carol has a great big wall up because she was hurt so deeply by the loss of her husband. Therefore, she does know a great deal about love and loss, was emotionally injured by it, and now doesn't give a shit about her romantic relationships because she doesn't let herself get too emotionally attached. I think in her mind she's done being in love "for real". Now it's just fun, light relationships.

• Love 8

Carol has a great big wall up because she was hurt so deeply by the loss of her husband. Therefore, she does know a great deal about love and loss, was emotionally injured by it, and now doesn't give a shit about her romantic relationships because she doesn't let herself get too emotionally attached. I think in her mind she's done being in love "for real". Now it's just fun, light relationships.

It appears that applies to some of her friendships as well.

I'm not really feeling it. I watched her on that Bravo show she was on. She had a good personality.

We were two of the few who watched! I liked Nicole on that show and totally agree I don't see her caring about Adam and Carole but is in a shitty situation. She and Adam continued to be friends after they broke up, have several friends in common etc. But her aunt who she loves has made her part of this storyline, so I think it made most sense to not.say shit so as not to harm her relationship with either Adam and her aunt. It's why I think Lu' s story keeps changing she tries other tactics they fall flat and she goes back to Nicole and people begin speculating on her being delusionally hung up on Adams dick because of a few vague statements by her aunt who often has issues with the truth.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I believe the allegation is Carole said she didn't know her and a photo was presented of Nicole, Luann and Carole and it was revealed that Carole and Nicole had a conversation and Nicole talked about Adam.  It really doesn't matter with Carole because she doesn't care about Nicole and said as  much.

He worked with long enough to develop a relationship with Noel.  The sad thing about this is Adam gets exactly zero heat and here are two former friends slugging it out.  Sad.

And who is the one claiming that Nicole confided in Carole about Adam? That would be LuAnn and Luann only, Nicole hasn't even tweeted out support for what her Aunt is saying on the show, not 1 word in support. Meeting someone a few times at public events with that persons Aunt does not equate to "knowing" someone and it does not mean that Nicole spilled her boyfriend problems with a stranger either. Nicole is no stranger to Reality TV and she is no wallflower either, if she agreed with what her Aunt is claiming I think she would have tweeted something in agreement with her Aunt, instead she has never acknowledged anything LuAnn is claiming.

We have no idea how many times Adam "worked" for LuAnn, be it 1 time or many times, LuAnn has never given a timeline. LuAnn chose to only go after/blame Carole and not Adam.

• Love 8

We have no idea how many times Adam "worked" for LuAnn, be it 1 time or many times, LuAnn has never given a timeline. LuAnn chose to only go after/blame Carole and not Adam.

It seems to me that Lu is using the whole BS 'Carole crossed the line where she has no right to be' as a dodge to change the subject from Ms Lu screwing anything which moves on vacation, in bathrooms or wherever. It smacks to me of the whole thou dost protest too much concept. She's been outted as a horndog and doesn't like it. Of course, she could just be jealous, too.

And, call me cray-cray but I really don't give a rat's ass who my friends are sleeping with, having one night stands with or anything else unless it actually, no kidding affects me or mine. They're adults and their business is their business. Granted, I have the good sense not to live my life on a crappy reality show in exchange for some money but that's me.

I liked these shows when they seemed to be about real people living semi-real lives, before it was scripted cat fights and veiled anti-women trash. Now I find them insulting, predictable and boring.

• Love 9

Ouch! From what I've read over the decades, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis tried to bring up her children away from (some of) the Kennedy's legendary wild ways.

But you gotta admit that was an awesome piece of snark! (And much needed at this juncture...)

• Love 4
Zing!   Does Carole know where Nicole grew up?  Her parents' and siblings' names?  Can she take a cab to Nicole's apartment without researching the address?  Are they in each other's Contact lists?   "Liar" is a pretty strong term unless one knows for sure.  There are many functions where these so-called celebrities are forced to be photographed together...and there are selfies galore!   I don't know Carole, LuAnne, or Nicole, so I can't hit anyone below the belt.

None of us know any of the HWs, yet 'whore', 'c*nt', 'mentally ill', 'anorexic', 'bitch', 'ass kisser', alcoholic, etc. etc. are thrown around regularly.

How do we know for sure they are any of these things IRL?*  All we have is what they're showing us on the show and in their social media.  Many of them have been called 'liars', too - I might just happen to be the first to call Carole one on this particular site.  I understand people disagree.  But it's true for me.  Just like Luann being a whore is true for others.  I can't stand her, never have, but I disagree with that label.

I think we just calls 'em as we sees 'em. 

*I think it's safe to say that Tamra is 'trashy' IRL, though. :-)

• Love 4

I don't think Nicole is hung up on him. I could be wrong but I got the impression from her show that she's a Live and Let Live kind of hippy, artsy type.  Like, she'd totally be the sculptor living in Paris with 7 or 8 lovers.  If one went away, au revoir.  NEXT!  S'il vous plait.

Based on my in-depth research:  last summer and into the fall, Adam and Nic were still friends.  Adam was hanging out bayside at Luann's flop.  He was taking pictures of the dog, the scenery, Noel and Nicole.  Luann had hired him for at least one dinner that we know of. They went to Nicaragua.  Then it all turned upside down.  I think Lu was partially upset because yeah, it was her niece's ex, but moreso, because this cozy little tableau of young artists and chefs hanging at the cottage on long summer days with other members of the family was over. 

But when Carole accused Lu of lying when Lu put this on Twitter, she technically wasn't lying.  She was just playing loose and fast with her words.  Just like Carole does.

:

2861ECC200000578-3070745-image-a-38_1430

I got the same impression about Nicole as you did. 

I really can't feel sorry for The Countess.  Luann got a multiple bonuses by having Adam hanging out at her house.  She had a chef /waiter on call and a live-in babysitter for her son and lots of photos.  Luann is a crafty one for sure.  She tried to stiff Bethenny for the surfing lessons, tried to score a free dress from Carole's friend and this season had unpaid 'staff' working for her until Adam moved in with Carole.   Her wallet's never with her when she needs it.

• Love 5

I didn't get to see the original broadcast but DVR'd it on Friday afternoon.

What the heck did they think they were doing with the Smashdub nonsense that was going on during the arguing? What a dumb idea and a major distraction!!!

I believe the allegation is Carole said she didn't know her and a photo was presented of Nicole, Luann and Carole and it was revealed that Carole and Nicole had a conversation and Nicole talked about Adam. It really doesn't matter with Carole because she doesn't care about Nicole and said as much.

There is a woman who worked for the same very small agency that I used to. She worked there about five years before I did. We used to see each other at the holiday party. We chatted from time to time. I then went to work in a legislative office and so did she. Our representatives worked a number of pieces of legislation together. She and I worked closely on those bills. I left to work at another agency and became a lobbyist. It turned out that she was quite good friends with one of my coworkers. And every time I see her now at a party at my coworker's house I always have to be introduced despite the fact that we've worked very closely on a number of projects and that I am literally the only person the US with my very unusual name. It happens. I didn't make much of a permanent impact on her and she doesn't remember me. I'm not burnt about it. Perhaps Nicole didn't make much of an impression either.

Perhaps Nicole and her tale of woe about Adam didn't make that big of impact on Carole. As a person who Carole barely remembers, Carole isn't required and doesn't have a duty to care about Nicole's feelings. And if I found myself in Nicole's position, I might be a little annoyed that his next girlfriend after me was old enough to be his mom. But if I was cool enough to travel to Nicaragua with him, then I would assume we were cool on most of our issues.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
And if I found myself in Nicole's position, I might be a little annoyed that his next girlfriend after me was old enough to be his mom. But if I was cool enough to travel to Nicaragua with him, then I would assume we were cool on most of our issues.

...because this is what grownups do, HunterHunted!     Take note, LuAnn.

Her wallet's never with her when she needs it.

Good one, Aunt Kiki.    Surely her record company has given her a credit card to use against her millions of $$$ of sales.

• Love 5
But you gotta admit that was an awesome piece of snark! (And much needed at this juncture...)

I didn't think the comment I responded to was "awesome" because I thought it referred to Ted Kennedy...but I did appreciate a followup to that comment.  Almost 3000 said, "Well, he sorta did."   Now THAT's snark!

• Love 2

I'm no big Carole fan but I don't see anything wrong with her dating Adam. She probably shouldn't have said that she didn't care a bout Nicole's feelings but when I started dating Mr. Pritybird I didn't really care about his ex wives feelings either. She was told that they broke up. So he's fair game. As far as him being the help, I won't even go there. He's 29, that's a full grown adult and perfectly acceptable. When I was 29 I dated 40 something's. What's the big deal? Lu just has no leg to stand on IMO.

My sentiments exactly, and they seem like as cute couple.

• Love 5

Were you best buds with Alice's aunt?  Was Alice and his aunt more like mother and son? 

If you dined regularly, worked with and went on vacations with Alice's aunt, do you think you'd know things about Alice?  Like who he was married to, if he had kids, siblings, etc.

Did you go with Alice's aunt to Alice's concerts, party backstage and pose for one-on-one pics with Alice?  More than once?  If you did all these things, more than once, my opinion is that you couldn't pretend to 'not know' Alice. 

How random this is and how silly it sounds. :-)

• Love 3

Ok, I got this far, read through this thread and am pretty confused about the discussion.

Do I care if Carol might have had polite conversation with Luann's niece? No. Do I think she should be concerned/protective etc. about her feelings about an ex boyfriend? No.

This Nicole is Luann's niece who is by definition NOT her daughter. I am certain Carol could very well have a niece or second cousin or something who she could feel close to and have concerns for without the benefit of having children and being a mother.

I actually think the entire matter is stupid and don't really understand why we are picking it apart. Luann and Carol were not good friends in real life. They are work "friends".  When you are paid to be someone's friend on tv -- it does not mean you are real friends. I don't think if they had met in real life without Bravo influence, that Carol would want to be friends with Lu-- it seemed like she could hardly stand her when they first met.

Luann is just not making sense but she is sucking a lot of oxygen from the show with her bizarre chip on her shoulder. I feel she is trying to give Carol the Alex treatment. Thing is, Carol doesn't care as much about her friendship or her regard as much as Alex did. The whole "my privacy was invaded!" -- during Bravo filming because the girls woke her up to ask questions about the man that Ramona actually brought back -- umm. maybe she should save her anger for Ramona who directed them there and basically pointed the finger at her.

No one was expecting to catch Lu with anyone-- they knew the guy left and they were basically told Lu was responsible for him at that point.

This is so dumb. Can't these Ho's just meet the guys at their hotels instead if they can't take 4 day Random One Night Stand break? They have a car service.

FWIW, Adam definitely has a type. Nicole and Carol-- both thin, long light highlighted brown hair....

• Love 18
If you dined regularly, worked with and went on vacations with Alice's aunt, do you think you'd know things about Alice?  Like who he was married to, if he had kids, siblings, etc.

Did you go with Alice's aunt to Alice's concerts, party backstage and pose for one-on-one pics with Alice?  More than once?  If you did all these things, more than once, my opinion is that you couldn't pretend to 'not know' Alice.

Alice's aunt bragged and droned on and on and on about all of her nieces and nephews, so I may have "heard" what she said, but I wasn't really listening.  Yes, I may have been contractually forced to be with her on vacations, etc., but it was rarely a pleasant experience.  I probably blocked out a lot of the noise. All of her stories didn't equate to my "knowing" Alice--nor would Alice ever claim to know me.  Just because someone gossips about another person doesn't mean I know that "other."   I have a friend who probably knows every Kardashian detail that was ever published.  Does she know a Kardashian?  Not one.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

Alice's aunt bragged and droned on and on and on about all of her nieces and nephews, so I may have "heard" what she said, but I wasn't really listening.  Yes, I may have been contractually forced to be with her on vacations, etc., but it was rarely a pleasant experience.  I probably blocked out a lot of the noise. All of her stories didn't equate to my "knowing" Alice--nor would Alice ever claim to know me.  Just because someone gossips about another person doesn't mean I know that "other."   I have a friend who probably knows every Kardashian detail that was ever published.  Does she know a Kardashian?  Not one.

But I'm pretty sure you're now barred from dating anyone who ever dated a Kardashian.

• Love 9

And who is the one claiming that Nicole confided in Carole about Adam? That would be LuAnn and Luann only, Nicole hasn't even tweeted out support for what her Aunt is saying on the show, not 1 word in support. Meeting someone a few times at public events with that persons Aunt does not equate to "knowing" someone and it does not mean that Nicole spilled her boyfriend problems with a stranger either. Nicole is no stranger to Reality TV and she is no wallflower either, if she agreed with what her Aunt is claiming I think she would have tweeted something in agreement with her Aunt, instead she has never acknowledged anything LuAnn is claiming.

Adam has never tweeted anything discrediting Luann so I think it is pretty safe to say neither Adam or Nicole are jumping into the fray.  I doubt Noel would have developed a bond with Adam had he been there just once.  I think this goes too far that everything Luann says is a lie.  It just doesn't mean that at all.

I will say this as the mother of a 23 year old MAN, not young boy, as Carole would call him, if my son ever dated someone who behaved the way Carole has publicly, we would be having a talk.  I would not care if his former girlfriend's aunt started it on Twitter, it would be indictive to me of what might happen should the two of them go their separate ways. I don't like vindictive friends.  I would also question why he wanted to date a hoodrat as they say on Married to Medicine.  As the mother of twins, I never bought he started it or she started it. I was more concerned about who ended it or how it was resolved. Carole could have ignored Luann on twitter or explained her side without attacking Luann.  The most effective thing Carole could have said, "Luann I know you are uncomfortable with the situation and Adam and I both enjoy your friendship and I would like to be able to socialize with you when I am with Adam." The onus transfers to Luann to be the one to continue the friendship.

• Love 2

I have a friend who probably knows every Kardashian detail that was ever published.  Does she know a Kardashian?  Not one.

I've had a few friends who are obsessed with some TV show and/or celebrity and are like a walking talking encyclopedia of information about them.   I try not to get into conversations about it with them since they're very nice people and I do like them.  However, I always thought it was odd.  There are an endless number of topics one could become an expert on, why pick a TV show or celebrity?  I don't know.

• Love 4

I will say this as the mother of a 23 year old MAN, not young boy, as Carole would call him, if my son ever dated someone who behaved the way Carole has publicly, we would be having a talk.

I gotta say, doesn't that kinda negate the whole MAN thing?

Adam is knocking on 30. I think it's safe to say he can date whomever the hell he wants. IMO

• Love 14

Adam is knocking on 30. I think it's safe to say he can date whomever the hell he wants. IMO

Yes he can.

However, as the mother of two adult sons, I have to agree with Zoeysmom on this one.   If either of my sons had started dating a 50 year old woman when they were in their 20's (even at 29) I would have to have a serious talk with them.

• Love 3

Ok, I got this far, read through this thread and am pretty confused about the discussion.

Do I care if Carol might have had polite conversation with Luann's niece? No. Do I think she should be concerned/protective etc. about her feelings about an ex boyfriend? No.

This Nicole is Luann's niece who is by definition NOT her daughter. I am certain Carol could very well have a niece or second cousin or something who she could feel close to and have concerns for without the benefit of having children and being a mother.

I actually think the entire matter is stupid and don't really understand why we are picking it apart. Luann and Carol were not good friends in real life. They are work "friends".  When you are paid to be someone's friend on tv -- it does not mean you are real friends. I don't think if they had met in real life without Bravo influence, that Carol would want to be friends with Lu-- it seemed like she could hardly stand her when they first met.

Luann is just not making sense but she is sucking a lot of oxygen from the show with her bizarre chip on her shoulder. I feel she is trying to give Carol the Alex treatment. Thing is, Carol doesn't care as much about her friendship or her regard as much as Alex did. The whole "my privacy was invaded!" -- during Bravo filming because the girls woke her up to ask questions about the man that Ramona actually brought back -- umm. maybe she should save her anger for Ramona who directed them there and basically pointed the finger at her.

No one was expecting to catch Lu with anyone-- they knew the guy left and they were basically told Lu was responsible for him at that point.

This is so dumb. Can't these Ho's just meet the guys at their hotels instead if they can't take 4 day Random One Night Stand break? They have a car service.

FWIW, Adam definitely has a type. Nicole and Carol-- both thin, long light highlighted brown hair....

It is Carole and then Satan Andy insisting Carole and Luann were friends and Luann saying they are not and were not friends.  Carole even went so far as to say she was so concerned for her friend Luann in London (all the while insulting her by saying someone kidnapped Luann and left the Countess) that it proves she was a good friend.  I am thinking Luann doesn't like being insulted in confessionals by Carole or Heather or anyone .

Ramona may have caused been the cause of the man being left unattended but Carole and Heather barged into Luann's room all on their own.  Granted I think it was more for drama-as C&H waited for the cameras to get there but I do think they probably would have gotten a bonus if Luann had had another life form in bed with her.

I gotta say, doesn't that kinda negate the whole MAN thing?

My son can date whoever he wants and please do not say my son is not a man because he still values his parents' opinions.  We would like to think we are a family and strive to interact in a positive  and loving manner.  If one of us brings in a negative, vitriolic person that person would be subject to any one of the  opinions in the household.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Adam has never tweeted anything discrediting Luann so I think it is pretty safe to say neither Adam or Nicole are jumping into the fray.  I doubt Noel would have developed a bond with Adam had he been there just once.  I think this goes too far that everything Luann says is a lie.  It just doesn't mean that at all.

I will say this as the mother of a 23 year old MAN, not young boy, as Carole would call him, if my son ever dated someone who behaved the way Carole has publicly, we would be having a talk.  I would not care if his former girlfriend's aunt started it on Twitter, it would be indictive to me of what might happen should the two of them go their separate ways. I don't like vindictive friends.  I would also question why he wanted to date a hoodrat as they say on Married to Medicine.  As the mother of twins, I never bought he started it or she started it. I was more concerned about who ended it or how it was resolved. Carole could have ignored Luann on twitter or explained her side without attacking Luann.  The most effective thing Carole could have said, "Luann I know you are uncomfortable with the situation and Adam and I both enjoy your friendship and I would like to be able to socialize with you when I am with Adam." The onus transfers to Luann to be the one to continue the friendship.

You are talking about life in the real world with your son, not life on camera/on TV. As much as you want to blame Carole, LuAnn has been even nastier IMO. She had no reason to start the stupid twitter war, to make the nasty comments/digs she made at/to/about Carole to begin with. Why do you want to put the responsibility on the person fighting back after being punched in the face more so than the person that started the fight and threw the first punch? Most of Carole's comments about/regarding Nicole's feelings were in her THs and were most likely filmed AFTER LuAnn started her twitter campaign against Carole. Heck, they were filming THs up to the day before filming the reunion and IMO, that is why we are seeing Carole go at LuAnn so hard in her THs and visa versa with LuAnn in her THs. Both LuAnn and Carole were fine, for the most part on camera, with each other 90% of the season EXCEPT in their TH segments and I fully believe those, TH, were filmed AFTER the twitter war was begun by LuAnn.

When has Carole talked smack about anyone she has ever dated publicly? Never that I have heard of.

• Love 3

I am thinking Luann doesn't like being insulted in confessionals by Carole or Heather or anyone .

But it is OK for LuAnn to insult the other HWs? LOL Like I have said before, LuAnn is a "Do as I say, NOT as I do" person. LOL

• Love 5

A thousand thumbs up for your post Lucelu

1) how has Carole behaved publicly that is offensive?  

2) What would be indictive?  Do you mean indicative? and what? Is Carole somehow showing you how she would react if she and Adam broke up?  Who would she be vindictive to?

3) Scratching my head at the "twins" thing but ok - what even though Lu brought this shit up, Carole's the skunk because she won't back down?

4) as the mother of a 25 year old...hmmm good question.  I will say that at 25 he's much more mature than he was at 23 and at 29 I bet he'll be even more mature.

• Love 4

I will say this as the mother of a 23 year old MAN, not young boy, as Carole would call him, if my son ever dated someone who behaved the way Carole has publicly, we would be having a talk. 

What a great point.

My 17yo's school band includes a girl who is a bundle of drama all over social media.  I tell him ALLLLLL the time, this is NOT the type of girl you'd ever want to be with, NOT NOT NOT - nor the type of woman he wants to marry.  He sees all the trouble she causes amongst their peers and agrees. 

If my son ever got involved with a 50 yo Luann or a Carole at any age....I'd....never mind. Don't gotta worry about it. Won't happen.  Kid's way too smart.

We would like to think we are a family and strive to interact in a positive  and loving manner.  If one of us brings in a negative, vitriolic person that person would be subject to any one of the  opinions in the household.

Awesome.  No doubt.