Type keyword(s) to search

Peter Pan Live (NBC)

"Peter is the sun, moon, and stars," Tiger Lily is channeling Khaleesi.

Recognize the unrequited interest of every female character he encounters.

Why are all the females obsessed with Peter? The Lost Men and the Indians are pretty nice to look at.

• Love 9

Oh, Kelli O'Hara.  I don't care if that guy who created Forbidden Broadway makes fun of you all the time, I think you have a lovely voice.

This is off-topic but I find Forbidden Broadway juvenile, repetitive, and highly overrated.

• Love 1

"That way he'll go on forever. As long as children are young and innocent." Has Peter Pan always been this creepy?

Pretty much. Remember how Michael Jackson was such a big fan of the story?

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 8

Is it just me or was every character other than Peter and Wendy really underdeveloped in this version? Did they cut stuff? I felt like we knew more about Tinkerbell and Tiger Lily and other characters in different versions of Peter Pan.

• Love 1

Watching on the west coast. Thoughts so far:

Wow that dog is well trained.

Allison Williams has a good voice.

WTF is Christopher Walken's accent?

Tiger Lily is HOT.

Edited by VCRTracking

I really disliked the Peter Pan character.  There is something wrong when I am hoping for Captain Hook to get rid of Peter Pan.

I had the crazy thoughts about why Michael Jackson liked Peter Pan.

The Sound of Music was wonderful in comparison to this.

• Love 1

Also watching the west coast broadcast because my life sucks and you guys I am totally worreid about Walken. I've seen him do live theatre and never has he been so wan and frail. :(  i want him to have all the pink parasols.

Are we allowed to have funny feelings about some of the pirates and indians or is that frowned upon in this establishment?

I am drunk off my face sorry.

• Love 5

Good thing about this production is that I found the full NBC/Mary Martin production on YouTube.  So charming, and with actual boys! 

Yes Mary Martin is the way to go.

Melissa Joan Whoever's husband seems like a judgemental asshole. Is this part of the show?

oh my god there's an ad for Night At The Museum with Robin Williams. Fuck you Peter Pan now I'm sad. :(

Edited by glowlights

I find myself caring very little about the whole thing. I was more outraged last year. I grew up with "Sound of Music," but "Peter Pan" never really interested me. I've actually never seen any of the live TV performances ever. I find myself with questions, but unsure if it was in the original musical or not. I also found myself comparing it to the Robin William's movie "Hook."

• Is Mrs. Darling really singing when her children disappeared from their beds? Wait a minute. Did Peter Pan visit her when she was a little girl, but she got PTSD and forgot the whole thing? Does this Peter Pan obsession go back even further? I don't care. Kelly O'Hara singing three times was good enough for me.
  • I totally needed to see Christian Borle (whether as Mr. Darling or as Schmee) sing.

They did a decent job on the wiring of Peter Pan (for the exception of the fight scene where she has her back to the audience). But the children's' harnesses were horrible.

Alison Williams had one facial expression the whole time. Is she this bad in "Girls?"

I think I would preferred to see "Hook: The Musical."

• Love 1

Late comment but, I didn't like the Peter Pan costume. I already know the part is being played by a grown woman, and the costume didn't help me believe the character was a preteen/teen boy. And it didn't help that the costume was really different than all the others.

• Love 1

It is just not magical, unlike the 1960 (Mary Martin) version. 

And the lost "boy" in lederhosen and Bavarian cap with a feather -- was that repurposed from "The Sound of Music" last year? 

• Love 4

I think this production was actually better than The Sound of Music. Everything ran more smoothly, the acting was generally better, the sets were more attractive, etc. However, TSOM had highs and lows. Peter Pan was kind of average and boring throughout. Also, TSOM is just a superior musical. It has better songs and a better book. Peter Pan can't help but pale in comparison even though I think the cast and production did a better job here.

• Love 2