Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Fire in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

On 3/17/2021 at 9:56 PM, dovegrey said:

https://ew.com/tv/chicago-fire-adriyan-rae-exit-derek-haas-interview/?amp=true

Adriyan Rae/Mackey quit the show. The curse of Ambo 61 continues.

And it sounds like they somehow want Grainger on full time. No spoilers here, but I seriously wonder if Jesse Spencer is leaving and Casey is getting written out with the debilitating head injury.

I wonder if Adriyan Rae was dissatisfied with how they were portraying her character. She seemed to only be there give Gallo a relationship, and have some history with Cruz.

And if Jesse Spencer wanted to leave, I wouldn't blame him. They basically removed the balls from his character once they put him with Gabby, and have wasted him. I truly miss the Casey from the first season and half, that was serious and didn't let personal drama drag into his work. Night and day from what we see now. I wouldn't be a surprise his very last scene was him buying a plane ticket to see Gabby in a foreign country.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

And if Jesse Spencer wanted to leave, I wouldn't blame him. They basically removed the balls from his character once they put him with Gabby, and have wasted him. I truly miss the Casey from the first season and half, that was serious and didn't let personal drama drag into his work. Night and day from what we see now. I wouldn't be a surprise his very last scene was him buying a plane ticket to see Gabby in a foreign country.

I was surprised when he signed on for two more years after being written as a minor supporting character in season 7 and most of season 8. And I’m skeptical of why he’s suddenly back to being a focus in most episodes for season 9. 

The only reason I still watch Fire is because of the earlier seasons and because so many of those original characters are still on the show... even though it’s barely recognizable as the same show and same characters between then and now. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Starting on June 15th, which is next Tuesday, Ion television will be airing Chicago Fire in syndication.  That means that on that day the first 16 episodes will air from season 1, including the pilot episode.  The following week on Tuesday June 22, 2021 the next 16 episodes will air.  I assume that it will continue on from there on Tuesdays.

Thank you!  I never saw them.   

• Love 2
15 hours ago, AnnA said:

Thank you!  I never saw them.   

3 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I haven't either.  I have only started watching the series in the last couple of years.

Enjoy! You missed the good years. 😉

• Useful 1

For anyone curious what the show might look like without a certain actor who left, here is the updated season 10 promotional image -- https://www.nbc.com/chicago-fire -- with that character completely removed from the original season 10 promo image. I noticed it while scrolling through Hulu tonight.

If these images reflect the characters that will drive the season's storylines (i.e., suck up all the screentime), then...great. 😑 Note that Miranda Rae Mayo who plays Kidd is 8th billed in the credits, behind everyone except Gallo, Ritter, and Violet, but she's right up front, dead center with Severide and Boden...while Kara Killmer/Brett (fourth billed) is in the back with Violet and Ritter.

I was going to stick around for a bit and see what the show might do, but I'm not at all sticking around for Nothing But Stellaride interspersed with regularly scheduled sitcom plots and Boden making grumbling noises at an overeager high school assistant.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

So what's the reason?

I hate to assume and speculate without an announcement, but his wife appears to be pregnant in the photo. That explains his taking care of family comment. Great news for them! And great timing on the PhD! LOL

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Fall Finale Dec 8 according to a new promo

Who makes these schedules? 8 episodes in a row to start the season, and then wait a month for the fall finale, and then no more episodes until the new year. That's terrible pacing. They would have been better off having the fall finale next week, and then break until the new year.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, WinJet0819 said:

Who makes these schedules? 8 episodes in a row to start the season, and then wait a month for the fall finale, and then no more episodes until the new year. That's terrible pacing. They would have been better off having the fall finale next week, and then break until the new year.

Wow, I didn't realize they were taking a month break before the fall finale

On 11/11/2021 at 11:28 AM, WinJet0819 said:

Holidays?  No one is going to watch TV the night before Thanksgiving...

On 11/24/2021 at 12:54 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Holidays?  No one is going to watch TV the night before Thanksgiving...

The Chicago shows would have finished up their fall finales on November 17, a full week before Thanksgiving, if they had kept going. Much better than having 8 episodes in a row, taking a month off, one episode, and then another month off. The one thing that has plagued this series for years, especially once they all got on the same night, was proper pacing of episodes. You can't build something up over 4-5 episodes, and then right when it's about to reach a climax. break for a month, come back with just the one episode, and then break for another 3 weeks or a month.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

The Chicago shows would have finished up their fall finales on November 17, a full week before Thanksgiving, if they had kept going. Much better than having 8 episodes in a row, taking a month off, one episode, and then another month off. The one thing that has plagued this series for years, especially once they all got on the same night, was proper pacing of episodes. You can't build something up over 4-5 episodes, and then right when it's about to reach a climax. break for a month, come back with just the one episode, and then break for another 3 weeks or a month.

I agree with you, but unfortunately these writers think that's a "cliffhanger." 

From TV Line's Inside Scoop

Any final Chicago Fire scoops for the season? –Meg

Well, I have good news for fans of Brett Dalton’s character, who took a job at another firehouse so Stella could take over as Truck 81’s lieutenant. “We’re going to see Pelham again before the season’s over,” executive producer Derek Haas tells TVLine exclusively. Adds EP Andrea Newman: “The character proved such loyalty to [Firehouse] 51. It was really cool to see him bond and find his place there. And it’s nice to have him out in the world of the CFD.”

• Love 2
19 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

Hopefully it's ok to post this here. I had a laugh when I saw that someone has taken the "Girls on Fire" name and applied it to a similar scheme here in Australia. It's a terrible name people! 

https://girlsonfire.com.au/

I don't hate it, quite honestly, and if it's the hook (and ladder) needed to bring more talented and qualified women into the fire service I'll back it 100%. Good on 'em, I say. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

I don't hate it, quite honestly, and if it's the hook (and ladder) needed to bring more talented and qualified women into the fire service I'll back it 100%. Good on 'em, I say. 

But it doesn't make you think of girls running around in flames?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Anyone else think something is going on at Wolf Entertainment? They have had a *lot* of exits in a short time across multiple shows.

If I had to guess I'd say it's some serious cost-cutting. These shows are old and very expensive to produce, and ratings are a fraction of what they were even 5 years ago. Reduced episode counts, cheaper cast/crew, streamlining production, fewer VFX or big sets, etc. IIRC, they pulled a 0.9 or less in 18-49, which would have been instant cancellation a few years ago, now it's the best scripted drama ratings you'll find on broadcast TV. Advertisers' dollars are fewer and harder to find now.

1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Oh dear. That doesn’t sound good. 

Best bet is to write in an injury that forces Severide to stay home for awhile.

Possibly, though if his mom is still alive, he could go visit her because she’s sick or injured

• Like 2

Very true @DanaK! As long as they don’t kill him off or assassinate his character the way PD did with Halsted.

Fortunately the nature of this show makes cover stories fairly easy and believable, with the door open for Taylor whenever he’s ready.