Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago Fire in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, KeithJ said:

Maybe they can make him an undercover arson investigator that takes him off the show for a while. lol

This would make a lot of sense. Send him off to Fire Investigating School for formal training and state certification (in reality, after a bit of light Googling, it's a 3-week full-time course). Assuming Kinney comes back to the show, they'd now have a viable career path for Severide if Kinney doesn't want to do the heavy action stuff any more. And fire investigation is certainly within the purview of the show, and uses far less effects and staging budget resources that heavy rescue scenes.

• Useful 2

If the writers are smart, I think Severide will just get a recoverable injury or take a vacation and he'll be off screen for a bit.  Once an episode someone will ask Stella how he is, and she'll give an update.  But that's not the smart part - the smart part is that Stella will take a backseat too, and we'll get more stories for a character we know very little about:  Gallo, Ritter, or even the new guy.  My pick would be Ritter, he seems like a background player lately.

• Like 1

Oh fucking brother.

I'm gonna be so fucking annoyed when what I know is gonna happen, happens.

(As you all can tell, I don't like it when ships I don't like/am against got their happy ending.)

Me in front of my phone rn:

Frustrated Come On GIF

Edited by agentp
spelling

Since I'm betting this is very much a cost-cutting measure, I'd suggest maybe the show could just phase out the Engine company and the Ambulance and just focus on T81, R3, and the DDC. Real-world station closures and company amalgamations are a thing, but the most problematic issue would be the engine for a number of reasons here. I do wish One Chicago as a franchise could stop with the cast turnover for a while, though.

• Like 2