Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E15: Don't Be All, Like, Uncool

• Start Topic

No, but she was with the guy then - during all of filming. They broke up after this show was all nice and edited (they broke up at the end of March, the show began the first week of April). It is clear they weren't showing the guy, not because he was no longer around, but because that wasn't to be the story. The point is that the narrative was that she was alone and sad. That she couldn't get close to "new people". It was just deceitful to the audience because she was really loving, touching and squeezing another and Bravo presented a very different narrative. Can anyone say that Beth's story would not have been completely different if we would have known she had a serious, long-term boyfriend? It would have changed almost everything.

I agree because it goes against the transparency policy. For some reason Bethenny parades around with her significant other, in a bikini of course, to ensure some tabloid photos and then proceeds to sell us that all she does is work amd wait for those few minutes she has her daughter.

My issue with Bethenny has always been and one of the "First Looks" is an excellent example is how she sits on high and judges and makes cracks about the others. For example, on the beach after the set to with Heather, Heather's comment was something to the effect of she could not get a word in with Bethenny. On the beach Bethenny went into a extremely exaggerated account that included Heather at Woodstock. (Talk about Sonja rambling on.)  This year it has been about Bethnny asking the others about their sex lives and of course she has offered us nothing except she doesn't like or enjoy sex because of her mother and step father and she has no desire to go down on anyone.  So when LuAnn gets frank about her sex life, some of the others turn around and slut shame her.  (Carole comes to mind with her tweets.)

I can see Heather's point with these women, there must be a great deal of frustration when there is inconsistent behavior or hypocrisy.  To me the show becomes less interesting when it becomes about outing the others' secrets.  If one were to compare RHOBH this season to RHONYC the one who wanted to talk about an eleven year old affair, who wanted to let the world know a former child actress was troubled and calling her at 3 am, the one who insisted the mother of four admit to smoking pot on TV, the one who ran a records check on someone's property ownership is the one who is no longer with a job.  Nobody tolerates a tattle tale or outer of secrets.  It may "move the show along" but in reality the person doing all the outing would be a pariah.  Now compare outing secrets to Yolanda talking about a long ago fling/relationship with Julio Iglesias - that is the fun stuff.  These shows aren't about gutting oneself to seem real.  It is supposedly about their lives and how when together as a group they interact.  This season RHONYC has failed miserably in my eyes to give me a reason other than contractual these women would spend time together.  So lunch with Bethenny and Carole rehashing just too much of a plot device.   

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't feel like Bravo presented the narrative that Bethenny was "alone", she never lied about anything, whether or not she was dating anyone was never addressed one way or the other. I don't think it's a game changer. *shrugs*

If you didn't know she had a boyfriend, would you have thought that she did, based on the footage? She talked about living in hotels, and having no home. Many reports said that she actually lived with him. She talked about never wanting to be away from her daughter, yet there were lots of photos of them being out and about, partying the night away. Looking happy. And in Love. She talked on the show about not being able to let new people in. She said she couldn't let anyone get close to her. That it was easier to just keep the people she had a history with, even if they had betrayed her in the past, get close to her because "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know". She certainly gave the impression that she was alone and doing nothing but working or spending time with her daughter. She talked about becoming a lesbian because she couldn't take the idea of being with a man anymore; they had turned her off.  It's true that she didn't address it one way or another, but you can read posts on here or on Vulture, where people are just shocked to find out that she had a boyfriend because the impression that was given was certainly the opposite.  I stand by the assertion that showing Beth happy and in love was not the narrative that Bravo wanted to advance. She would have looked far less sympathetic if we had seen her snuggling with her man, or vacationing with him in the Bahamas. 

Keep in mind that Beth called Kelly out in S3.  She said that she had been dating a guy but she didn't acknowledge it during the season. She said that she wasn't being honest. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 13
(edited)

If you didn't know she had a boyfriend, would you have thought that she did, based on the footage? She talked about living in hotels, and having no home. Many reports said that she actually lived with him. She talked about never wanting to be away from her daughter, yet there were lots of photos of them being out and about, partying the night away. Looking happy. And in Love. She talked on the show about not being able to let new people in. She said she couldn't let anyone get close to her. That it was easier to just keep the people she had a history with, even if they had betrayed her in the past, get close to her because "the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know". She certainly gave the impression that she was alone and doing nothing but working or spending time with her daughter. She talked about becoming a lesbian because she couldn't take the idea of being with a man anymore; they had turned her off.  It's true that she didn't address it one way or another, but you can read posts on here or on Vulture, where people are just shocked to find out that she had a boyfriend because the impression that was given was certainly the opposite.  I stand by the assertion that showing Beth happy and in love was not the narrative that Bravo wanted to advance. She would have looked far less sympathetic if we had seen her snuggling with her man, or vacationing with him in the Bahamas. 

Keep in mind that Beth called Kelly out in S3.  She said that she had been dating a guy but she didn't acknowledge it during the season. She said that she wasn't being honest. 

Bethenny also called LuAnn out in Season 1 &  2 claiming Luann was not honest about the status of her marriage.  Apparently, Season 1 Luann knew the Count was moving on and yet she to not play that out during the Season.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

Can someone please explain Bravo's "transparency policy?"

It's probably not as transparent as we would like to think it is. My guess is that it is whatever the castmate and Bravo agreed upon in their contract.

• Love 1

)

If one were to compare RHOBH this season to RHONYC the one who wanted to talk about an eleven year old affair, who wanted to let the world know a former child actress was troubled and calling her at 3 am, the one who insisted the mother of four admit to smoking pot on TV, the one who ran a records check on someone's property ownership is the one who is no longer with a job.  Nobody tolerates a tattle tale or outer of secrets.  It may "move the show along" but in reality the person doing all the outing would be a pariah.  .   

But must we compare BH to NY? Must Brandi endlessly, eternally, always and forever be dragged into these conversation (that's the "one" you reference, yes?) There was a weird almost obsessive focus on every absurd detail of Brandi's antics throughout this past season by a few posters that made the BH thread exhausting. Why even bring it here?  The NY dames do plenty on their own without needing a Brandi-is-evil-personified mention. Brandi = irrelevant. IMO.

• Love 6

But must we compare BH to NY? Must Brandi endlessly, eternally, always and forever be dragged into these conversation (that's the "one" you reference, yes?) There was a weird almost obsessive focus on every absurd detail of Brandi's antics throughout this past season by a few posters that made the BH thread exhausting. Why even bring it here?  The NY dames do plenty on their own without needing a Brandi-is-evil-personified mention. Brandi = irrelevant. IMO.

Thank you!

I am so sick of Brandi. Even while watching BH, I avoided the Brandi discussions like the plague. I wasted more than enough time watching BH. Brandi just isn't worth discussing,

• Love 2

I won't mention my age but I've managed to live my entire life without saying the word "f...". I have said shit, hell, damn. And my children heard me say those words upon occasion. But my grown children have never said that word around me (or their children with one exception which we had a come to Jesus conversation about it; it never happened again) and will never will. They know it offends me. I think it's about respect, knowing how to express yourself without using cuss words and setting a good example for your children. Just because Heather's mom didn't chastise her for using that vulgar language doesn't mean it's acceptable to use around other children or other adults. Apparently, she spent too much time around PDiddy or whatever he's calling himself these days. Those are not people we should, in any way, try to emulate no matter how impressed Heather appears to be with those nasty people. Our standards of behavior, language and decorum have gone to hell in a hand basket.

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Frankly, I'm much more offended by the implication that Heather picked up the f word from P. Diddy and those "nasty people." What nasty people are those?

I totally respect your decision to not use it. Lots of people don't. I use it like it's my job. It's my all time favorite word, and I've never worked for, met, or brushed up against P Diddy.

Fucking awesome.

• Love 15

Can someone please explain Bravo's "transparency policy?"

It's probably not as transparent as we would like to think it is. My guess is that it is whatever the castmate and Bravo agreed upon in their contract.

I think it is probably true that Bravo negotiates what is off the table with each gal as far as what they will bring to the show that year. I don't think they can do anything about what the others might bring up. For instance, I don't think that even if Kyle had gone to Bravo and said she didn't want to talk about the tabloid stories of Mo's cheating that they would have honored her wish when other people brought it up (which Lisa and Brandi did). 

I don't even know if there is an actual policy, but Andy has been talking a lot over the last year about how the girls could not keep their private life private if they wanted to remain full time. I don't remember him ever addressing it before like he has in the last year. The reason that Beth's deal with her boyfriend is so interesting is that he came out publicly and said that he threatened Vicki with her job if she didn't make Brooks part of her storyline. She had been doing that for years and it had never done much to help her. On top of that he had recently been diagnosed with Cancer.  I cannot stand her, but understand her not wanting to include him. Andy said that on a reality show someone couldn't try to keep something as serious as a boyfriend away from the audience. He said that the HW's love life was a huge part of their actual lives, and it couldn't be hidden. Since the OC started filming 3 months after the NY show, it is strange that he was letting Beth slide on this, but wouldn't let Vicki do it. He basically made my point above - that the narrative is different when a HW has a love interest than when they don't.  I think Beth didn't want to have it part of the show, probably because of her divorce, and so that was the way the narrative was designed.  The reason I think this is a much bigger deal is that it allowed the storyline to be much more Sex and The City than The Real Housewives. The narrative was that most of these gals were single and looking for love, or contemplating the state of love. I think that is why Heather and Kristen didn't fit in as well and weren't seen as much. There was no big appetite for family scenes or talk of small children. 

• Love 10

I don't even know if there is an actual policy, but Andy has been talking a lot over the last year about how the girls could not keep their private life private if they wanted to remain full time. I don't remember him ever addressing it before like he has in the last year. The reason that Beth's deal with her boyfriend is so interesting is that he came out publicly and said that he threatened Vicki with her job if she didn't make Brooks part of her storyline. She had been doing that for years and it had never done much to help her. On top of that he had recently been diagnosed with Cancer.  I cannot stand her, but understand her not wanting to include him. Andy said that on a reality show someone couldn't try to keep something as serious as a boyfriend away from the audience. He said that the HW's love life was a huge part of their actual lives, and it couldn't be hidden. Since the OC started filming 3 months after the NY show, it is strange that he was letting Beth slide on this, but wouldn't let Vicki do it. He basically made my point above - that the narrative is different when a HW has a love interest than when they don't.  I think Beth didn't want to have it part of the show, probably because of her divorce, and so that was the way the narrative was designed.  The reason I think this is a much bigger deal is that it allowed the storyline to be much more Sex and The City than The Real Housewives. The narrative was that most of these gals were single and looking for love, or contemplating the state of love. I think that is why Heather and Kristen didn't fit in as well and weren't seen as much. There was no big appetite for family scenes or talk of small children.

I think your point is exactly right - like any good drama, these shows are built around a narrative, or a number of narratives, and the cougars-on-the-prowl story was definitely the way they shaped the story this season. That is absolutely why Heather and Kristen (and their husbands and kids) were hardly featured, and also explains why Bethenny got away with pretending she didn't have a boyfriend. But I don't think she would have played it differently even if the cougar storyline didn't exist, which means that Andy has definitely applied a different standard with Bethenny than with the others. Even Carole, another friend of Andy's, told him she was horrified at last season's book gate storyline, and his answer was: deal with it. But not Bethenny. She was able to negotiate a deal where she doesn't have to deal with anything she doesn't want to. I think this not only undercuts Bethenny's "real" and "authentic" claims, but also Andy's spiel about the "reality" of the HW shows.

• Love 13

It is not as if I am comparing "Family Guy" to RHONYC.  I see a plot device used by one person on RHOBH on RHONYC there seems to be a number of people that want to tattle and talk about what they see or hear off camera.  My point being, as a viewer, I find tattling and slamming to be an unsuccessful way to maintain a friendship and believability on the show.  This business of constantly putting a person on blast and telling someone to STFU and we are suppose to believe they are friends again? These people rerun these hurts season after season on RHONYC.  I am sorry but Luann has been going after Mario for years and she never hesitates to bring up the Ramona insults from Season 1 regarding her failed marriage.  If it is better and less stressful for those suffering from Brandi fatigue, I will use Nene from RHOA.  By the Reunion her only comment is these horrible hateful things come out of her mouth and essentially the others are out for her or need to accept her vitriolic insults.  Nene has also moved on because it is not believable either her role as the Queen or that others will endure the horrific insults. 

In short it is not believable when people rummage and dig up  secrets or off camera comments and behavior at then throw it in someone's face, curse at them or "freeze them out" and then all of a sudden there is some bizarre half assed apology and we are expected to believe all is good.  The resentment in still there. 

• Love 5

i've gotten some rather snarky comments from other posters about my original post about the word "F...".  Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner with friends in a very nice restaurant. There were 3 couples seated at a table next to us. They were very well dressed, very well groomed, lots of diamond rings, etc. Every other word was the "F word". ( I later saw them leave the parking lot in a high end SUV). Finally, the manager came over to their table to ask them to tone down their language because other patrons had complained (not us). So I guess it's not just me who objects to this foul language. I discussed this  today with my son, who's in his  40's and is a veterinarian, and asked him for his more current viewpoint. His opinion was the same as mine. He was appalled that people of his age would speak like this is a public place. That's the last I'll speak on this subject. 

• Love 5
(edited)

i've gotten some rather snarky comments from other posters about my original post about the word "F...".  Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner with friends in a very nice restaurant. There were 3 couples seated at a table next to us. They were very well dressed, very well groomed, lots of diamond rings, etc. Every other word was the "F word". ( I later saw them leave the parking lot in a high end SUV). Finally, the manager came over to their table to ask them to tone down their language because other patrons had complained (not us). So I guess it's not just me who objects to this foul language. I discussed this  today with my son, who's in his  40's and is a veterinarian, and asked him for his more current viewpoint. His opinion was the same as mine. He was appalled that people of his age would speak like this is a public place. That's the last I'll speak on this subject. 

Hey, I was really just joking when it came to my posts. I do believe there is a time and place for profanity. There are definitely lots of times when its inappropriate

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 6

Without a doubt, some people take swearing way too far, but IMO, that is NOT the case with Heather. She does not droop the F word all the time as Ramona, LuAnn and Dorinda accused her of. This season, we have heard (the bleep) Bethenny say it far more than Heather but these 3 HWs would never, ever say the same things to her. I stand by what I said earlier, if you say "hell, shit, dam, bitch or bastard" you are swearing and just as guilty of those that drop the F word. A swear word is still a swear word after all.

• Love 7

i've gotten some rather snarky comments from other posters about my original post about the word "F...".  Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner with friends in a very nice restaurant. There were 3 couples seated at a table next to us. They were very well dressed, very well groomed, lots of diamond rings, etc. Every other word was the "F word". ( I later saw them leave the parking lot in a high end SUV). Finally, the manager came over to their table to ask them to tone down their language because other patrons had complained (not us).

Was it P. Diddy?

• Love 13

I think we've all agreed there is a time and a place for everything - especially swearing. It's been liberating and (I thought) pretty funny letting our Fs fly.

Lots of diamonds and a high end SUV doesnt give you class (obviously).

What happened on First Look? I'm out of town for the week and won't catch up until next Sunday. Oh wait - can I watch the first look online?

• Love 4

Did anyone watch the First Look tonight?

I did and had to go to awful Radar Online to watch again.  

So Ramona let a naked man sleep in Heather's bed?  Where was Heather sleeping at?  So confused.  Ramona let him sleep there because she didn't want to sleep with him?  But she could - yup, you guessed, I'll say, she fucked him?  But won't sleep next to him.  So confusing.  LOL

I got that LuAnn brought a man home to but she asked him to leave - wham bam thank you pirate again?

• Love 2

So Ramona let a naked man sleep in Heather's bed?  Where was Heather sleeping at?  So confused.  Ramona let him sleep there because she didn't want to sleep with him?  But she could - yup, you guessed, I'll say, she fucked him?  But won't sleep next to him.  So confusing.  LOL

I got that LuAnn brought a man home to but she asked him to leave - wham bam thank you pirate again?

Heather and Carole have a suite with two bedrooms, adjoined by a bathroom. They are sleeping in one bedroom, and the other was empty that night because Beth had been using it. Heather was in the bathroom, and the bedroom door was open. She looked in there and a naked dude was in the bed.

The thing that fascinated me about the whole thing was how unconcerned or uninterested the rest of the gals were. Dorinda was just plain strange. She wouldn't answer Carole's very basic questions. Weren't you with them when they came home? Was there a guy with you in the car? Fairly easy to answer questions. Yet she kept saying she just came home and went to bed, and then amazingly that she couldn't answer because she didn't have her contacts in. I'm sure Hearher will take a lot of heat for being so upset, but I would have wanted some answers.

• Love 13

So Ramona let a naked man sleep in Heather's bed?  Where was Heather sleeping at?  So confused.  

Heather was sleeping in the room she shared with Carole.   The naked man was sleeping in the adjacent room (which was Bethenny's).

I can't imagine any of these women ever wanting to go on a trip with Ramona again.  I thought Heather was going to deck her when she tried to force her way between Heather and Dorinda.   And then she goes and blames LuAnn for the naked man sleeping upstairs.

• Love 8

Do you have a link to ROL first look? I could not find it. LOL

So the Gansevoort Hotel was just a day trip? I was confused when they checked into the suite, and seemed to bring bags with them. But I guess it was just for the day. Promotional consideration, I guess.

Cuz back in the villa - the party bus seemed to bring a bunch of dudes home with them, and forgot (or didn't care) to say goodnight or see them off. I feel like the show is playing up the sex angle here, and making Heather and Carole appear to be prudes or judgmental school marms. But I think what they really didn't like was the invasion of privacy. How convenient to tell the stranger you just partied with/maybe had sex with to sleep overnight in a room upstairs, a room shared with others, while you and your belongings are tucked away downstairs, secure and at a distance. Not cool, Ramona, not cool.

• Love 10

I definitely would be, like, uncool, not cool with finding a naked stranger in an adjoining room. Typical of the Moaner. Though, to basically unload him on Carol and Heather. That guy could have been capable of anything for all Moaner knew. To me, she put them all in danger.

• Love 15
(edited)

Do you have a link to ROL first look? I could not find it. LOL

I'm trying to find the clip with Heather screaming at the guy to get out - when she throws the drapes open...

I only found it on Bravo but I rarely go to Bravo, so I think I saw it on Stoopid Housewives but she's on vacation now.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-715/videos?clip=2879076

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-ramona-singer-fight-rhony-video/

Wow.  Well, I take back my comment that I'd go to beach and sleep my hang over off after hiding my purse.  I hope production stuck around.  Do we get to see this one night - thank you mam guy?  I'm still wondering if it's the bar owner.  Since Heather's so into rolling off #hashtags, I  bet she's up to 83 now.  One being #yourdaughtermustbesoproudnow.  That's her favorite.  She's up to 84 now.  

I'm sick of hash tags BTW.  Just say it.  The only thing that should be # is #RHONY.  Enough already.  That Megan chick over on RHOC does the same thing.  Here's mine #itsgettingoldlikeyou  In addition, I hate trying to figure them out.  It's like a run on sentence and I already have a problem writing coherent sentences.  I don't need any more dumb.  #IAMTOPPEDOUTWITHDUMBIDONOTNEEDANYMOREHELPWITHDUMBDUMMIES

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 7

I'm trying to find the clip with Heather screaming at the guy to get out - when she throws the drapes open...

I only found it on Bravo but I rarely go to Bravo, so I think I saw it on Stoopid Housewives but she's on vacation now.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/episode-715/videos?clip=2879076

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-ramona-singer-fight-rhony-video/

I'l have to rewatch.  I thought Heather was yelling at Ramona to get up when she opened the drapes.

• Love 3

I definitely would be, like, uncool, not cool with finding a naked stranger in an adjoining room. Typical of the Moaner. Though, to basically unload him on Carol and Heather. That guy could have been capable of anything for all Moaner knew. To me, she put them all in danger.

It had to be strange to Heather and Carole that no one else seemed to care. And Sonja's TH interview about the whole point of getting a house instead of a hotel being so they could do "that kind of thing". Are these people really so depraved that they don't recognize what could be dangerous about something like this? I would have felt like I was in the twilight zone.

Ramona should have put him in with Lu since she seems to not be bothered by this type of thing. Ramona is such a bitch, but of course she will be forgiven.

• Love 12

It had to be strange to Heather and Carole that no one else seemed to care. And Sonja's TH interview about the whole point of getting a house instead of a hotel being so they could do "that kind of thing". Are these people really so depraved that they don't recognize what could be dangerous about something like this? I would have felt like I was in the twilight zone.

I think it's because they're all so self-centered. After all, it wasn't their room where the guy was sleeping, it wasn't their belongings, including wallets and jewelry, that was out in the open, it wasn't their privacy that was invaded or their security that was in jeopardy.

Either that, or they were in on it.

• Love 10

Wow.  Well, I take back my comment that I'd go to beach and sleep my hang over off after hiding my purse.  I hope production stuck around.  Do we get to see this one night - thank you mam guy?  I'm still wondering if it's the bar owner.  Since Heather's so into rolling off #hashtags, I  bet she's up to 83 now.  One being #yourdaughtermustbesoproudnow.  That's her favorite.  She's up to 84 now.  

I'm sick of hash tags BTW.  Just say it.  The only thing that should be # is #RHONY.  Enough already.  That Megan chick over on RHOC does the same thing.  Here's mine #itsgettingoldlikeyou  In addition, I hate trying to figure them out.  It's like a run on sentence and I already have a problem writing coherent sentences.  I don't need any more dumb.  #IAMTOPPEDOUTWITHDUMBIDONOTNEEDANYMOREHELPWITHDUMBDUMMIES

Thank You for the links!

• Love 1

If I were Heather and Carole, I would have been more than angry.  And yes, it was Heather opening the blinds in Ro's room to wake her up.  But anyway, Ro had some hell of a nerve not to make sure that this guy was out of the house.  And if Lu is referring to the guy who slept upstairs when she says to be cool, I would have told her to STFU and grow up. 

Dorinda is just more and more weird.  I did love when Heather told Ro to get the hell out of the bathroom and didn't give into Ro.

• Love 12

I think it's because they're all so self-centered. After all, it wasn't their room where the guy was sleeping, it wasn't their belongings, including wallets and jewelry, that was out in the open, it wasn't their privacy that was invaded or their security that was in jeopardy.

I think that is right. It was interesting the way the camera zoomed in on purses tossed among the mess around the living room. You would think that when Heather tells them that when she came downstairs and he was there, that they would realize he could have taken something. They will be more focused on Heathers rage than common sense I imagine.

If I were Heather and Carole, I would have been more than angry.  And yes, it was Heather opening the blinds in Ro's room to wake her up.  But anyway, Ro had some hell of a nerve not to make sure that this guy was out of the house.  And if Lu is referring to the guy who slept upstairs when she says to be cool, I would have told her to STFU and grow up. 

Dorinda is just more and more weird.  I did love when Heather told Ro to get the hell out of the bathroom and didn't give into Ro.

You would think that a person who believes it is bad manners to not walk into a restaurant as a group, and "not elegant" to curse, would find all kinds of things wrong with someone dropping off a naked guy in someone else's room. I hope she is called out for her hypocrisy at the reunion.

• Love 16

Lots of diamonds and a high end SUV doesnt give you class

Whee, minor OT: your post reminds me of Kim Z's S1 tag-- wasn't it something like, " In Atlanta, money and power do give you class." Alas for Kim, oversized implants, polyester hair and another woman's husband didn't.

• Love 7

I did love when Heather told Ro to get the hell out of the bathroom and didn't give into Ro.

Me too. Ro can't drive over Heather with her lunacy and it throws her (Ro) off balance.

• Love 8

i've gotten some rather snarky comments from other posters about my original post about the word "F...". Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner with friends in a very nice restaurant. There were 3 couples seated at a table next to us. They were very well dressed, very well groomed, lots of diamond rings, etc. Every other word was the "F word". ( I later saw them leave the parking lot in a high end SUV). Finally, the manager came over to their table to ask them to tone down their language because other patrons had complained (not us). So I guess it's not just me who objects to this foul language. I discussed this today with my son, who's in his 40's and is a veterinarian, and asked him for his more current viewpoint. His opinion was the same as mine. He was appalled that people of his age would speak like this is a public place. That's the last I'll speak on this subject.

Well, I'm glad you had a learning experience. Now you know that this language and behavior is not limited to "those nasty people" you stereotyped before. And that's the last I'll speak on the subject.

• Love 17

That Radar Online link above proposes nonsensically that Bethenny was JEALOUS of Ramona for bringing home a rando. I found that interesting in light of the previous page's conversation regarding whether Beth would be perceived differently had it been known that she had a BF at the time of filming. Even though ROL is ridiculous, that kind of angle would obviously be a nonstarter had the reality of Beth's relationship been shown. I tend to agree with the viewpoint that the emphasis on the Single Women on the Loose storyline, in which Beth is included by sin of omission, feels false and I don't particularly appreciate it. (Also, as pointed out previously, the fact that Andy is usually so insistent that relationships be brought front and center with other Howives).

• Love 6

Well, I'm glad you had a learning experience. Now you know that this language and behavior is not limited to "those nasty people" you stereotyped before. And that's the last I'll speak on the subject.

L O V E.

• Love 8

i've gotten some rather snarky comments from other posters about my original post about the word "F...". Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner with friends in a very nice restaurant. There were 3 couples seated at a table next to us. They were very well dressed, very well groomed, lots of diamond rings, etc. Every other word was the "F word". ( I later saw them leave the parking lot in a high end SUV). Finally, the manager came over to their table to ask them to tone down their language because other patrons had complained (not us). So I guess it's not just me who objects to this foul language. I discussed this today with my son, who's in his 40's and is a veterinarian, and asked him for his more current viewpoint. His opinion was the same as mine. He was appalled that people of his age would speak like this is a public place. That's the last I'll speak on this subject.

I think the snarky remarks come from imo the fact that you pretty much said Heather picked up the word fuck from Diddy and "those nasty people" whoever those people are, you did not explain. As if Heather a full functioning adult would never have heard fuck before Diddy. Sorry that is as ridiculous as Ramona saying she started saying fuck because of Heather.
  • Love 12

So the Gansevoort Hotel was just a day trip? I was confused when they checked into the suite, and seemed to bring bags with them. But I guess it was just for the day. Promotional consideration, I guess.

Cuz back in the villa - the party bus seemed to bring a bunch of dudes home with them, and forgot (or didn't care) to say goodnight or see them off. I feel like the show is playing up the sex angle here, and making Heather and Carole appear to be prudes or judgmental school marms. But I think what they really didn't like was the invasion of privacy. How convenient to tell the stranger you just partied with/maybe had sex with to sleep overnight in a room upstairs, a room shared with others, while you and your belongings are tucked away downstairs, secure and at a distance. Not cool, Ramona, not cool.

Gansevoort has some sort of ongoing deal with Bravo. There used to be a show called Miami Social - the Gansevoort was one of the focal meeting points.

The only reason the ladies "checked in" was so that the audience would see the views from the suite - product placement of the hotel itself. In exchange for filming, free food....the hotel gets free advertising.

• Love 3

What I don't understand is why naked man didn't sleep in the empty room downstairs? Supposedly there is a third bedroom downstairs. Hmm maybe it was being occupied by Sonja and another man for a little romp?

Also once again Kristin is not part of the scene. I think I saw her briefly when Heather and Carole were going downstairs. I don't blame Heather and Carole for being pissed. Ramona's shit is getting very, very old.

• Love 9

I'm not buying that is was Ramona that effed the nekkid dude

Luanne has been going on and on about how Heather and Carole did something terrible to "her" in T&C. If Ramona was at fault...Luanne would not have any problem throwing her under the bus. Luanne also would not have this song Girl Code in defense of Ramona

Now I do see Ramona getting trashed with Luanne and Sonja and drinking the night away with the men they brought home. I can also see it being Ramona's idea to let them stay over, upstairs away from her....as she is the Shit Stirring Savant.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not sure what it is about the RHONY thread, but I find myself limiting and often refraining from posting here, because I feel like I'm going to, or other posters, are too easily attacked here for simply expressing their opinions. I feel that some posters take comments too personally. Everyone has a right to respectfully post their comments and opinions without being targeted and reprimanded because it doesn't sit well with the reader because it's taken to heart.

After participating on various boards like this, I found it nice here and don't comment on real housewives FB pages, or in the comments section of housewife articles because I noticed certain regular commenters rip each other apart.

Often, I agree with the thoughts of people that have a different viewpoint, because I like to hear all angles, thoughts and personal feelings to try to understand how we all see and think about what we are watching on these shows. I hate to see posters chased away...even ones I never agree with...it would be boring if we all felt the same way about everything.

One minute I think Ramona is hilarious, in the next, I want to strangle her...so, can we keep our snark aimed at the ladies on this show, not each other??!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 10

Or as Ramona would say, "thurrrr" room, thur belongings, thur security! ;-)

God that was a great fucking First Look! Literally!

Really Ramona? Really?

And Luann is a stealth entitled bitch. Her daughter cannot use the F word in Europe with her father, and The great unwashed (car service drivers) may not be introduced to her by her first name but she can put her cast mates in danger wither her rando unattended one night stands when she casts them off after they service her? Let them eat cake!

• Love 13

I'm not buying that is was Ramona that effed the nekkid dude

Luanne has been going on and on about how Heather and Carole did something terrible to "her" in T&C. If Ramona was at fault...Luanne would not have any problem throwing her under the bus. Luanne also would not have this song Girl Code in defense of Ramona

Now I do see Ramona getting trashed with Luanne and Sonja and drinking the night away with the men they brought home. I can also see it being Ramona's idea to let them stay over, upstairs away from her....as she is the Shit Stirring Savant.

Oh, the mysteries solved with the film on the cutting room floor! That Andy and all that info hidden and stored in his brain, lucky dude.

I would not be happy to not have known a naked stranger, especially male, had access to my unlocked, attached room. That's so not cool.

Swearing. I do it on occasion. It happens, but I don't like the "look" of it...wouldn't do it in certain places or in front of certain people, that's a personal preference based on what I was taught was "cool" or "uncool" by my family. I do think the Fbomb is a harsher word, and I use it on occasion and again, don't fret over it either. I don't like my kids saying it, so there's that...I have friends that wouldn't dream of swearing of any word, and I have friends that swear a bunch. Whatever. We all have a right and are entitled to express our thoughts on it, at least here in the good ole USA...:)

I think Heather may have been outraged with hypocrisy, true, but from my viewpoint, I thought she also took what the other ladies said as a personal attack on her mother because Heather went on to say something like: because my mother swore that doesn't make her a bad mother, in so many words. I think, she took offense over defending her mother's parenting style. Whatever. I get what Dorinda & Luanne were saying AND also saw where Heather was coming from, no big deal.

• Love 3

Personally I think "girl code" would frown on leaving naked strange men in the suite with your friends when they're sleeping, LUANN.

Dorinda and Ramona and Luann have all been VERY silent since these episodes aired - silent on Twitter, no blogs last episode. (Ramona has been silent all season and I have thought this is why.)

Honestly, there are two sides to every fight, but I really don't see how their behavior is defensible. And there's got to be some part of them that knows this.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of Luann (and Ramona) shrieking at Heather that she isn't raising Ella right because she uses the f-word and the same night, getting drunk and DOING the f-word with a stranger.

And Dorinda claiming that she wa upset because she was "accosted" by Heather and Carole when she woke up? Well, at least they weren't drunk, naked, male or STRANGERS.

I truly felt for Heather when she cried, "what if he LOOKED at us while we were sleeping?" I felt vulnerable for her.

Beyond.

• Love 15

What I don't understand is why naked man didn't sleep in the empty room downstairs? Supposedly there is a third bedroom downstairs. Hmm maybe it was being occupied by Sonja and another man for a little romp?

Also once again Kristin is not part of the scene. I think I saw her briefly when Heather and Carole were going downstairs. I don't blame Heather and Carole for being pissed. Ramona's shit is getting very, very old.

Kristen was there with her O face...but remember she causes instantaneous narcolepsy and the footage is unusable because the shots are of the T&C tiled floors.

My prediction for next season...Kristen is out. Everyone else stays but Sonja or Ramona gets demoted to friend of HW

OMG...Kristen is coming my way...in the words of Ashley from Princesses of Long Island....H...E.,,L...P.........M...E...!!!!!

bunny-sleep-work.gif

• Love 7

Honestly, there are two sides to every fight, but I really don't see how their behavior is defensible. And there's got to be some part of them that knows this.

Beyond.

Yeah the part of Dorinda knew it refusing to give a straight answer with the excuse she didn't have her contacts in, in her leopard catsuit superhero She-Ra unitard Pjs. (Ok bathing suit? Maybe? that was weird. She was probably running to check her fucking belongings in the first thing she could put on, recalling there were strange men in the house !)

Agree to your whole post. I might have never hated Luann more than when she said they man left there was so big deal and walked off dismissively. #C*untess

• Love 3

I doubt Ramona slept with naked man. I don't think Ramona is very sexual, truth be told, but someone had to tell naked man to go upstairs. He wouldn't have just come up with that on his own. He had to have been told which room was empty. And did Kristin go back to the villa or go dancing? She sure is insignificant.

• Love 7

I doubt Ramona slept with naked man. I don't think Ramona is very sexual, truth be told, but someone had to tell naked man to go upstairs. He wouldn't have just come up with that on his own. He had to have been told which room was empty. And did Kristin go back to the villa or go dancing? She sure is insignificant.

Agree. I was gonna say that too but forgot to mention it cause Kristen walked by and I blacked out.

Last week someone posted promo for the episode...Kristen hosts an event...

So what was it? The EBoost Orange nail color in the living room?

• Love 5

Without a doubt, some people take swearing way too far, but IMO, that is NOT the case with Heather. She does not droop the F word all the time as Ramona, LuAnn and Dorinda accused her of. This season, we have heard (the bleep) Bethenny say it far more than Heather but these 3 HWs would never, ever say the same things to her. I stand by what I said earlier, if you say "hell, shit, dam, bitch or bastard" you are swearing and just as guilty of those that drop the F word. A swear word is still a swear word after all.