Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

On 3/15/2020 at 12:16 PM, tv echo said:

Planet Comicon, originally scheduled for March 20-22, 2020, has been postponed until TBA
Katie Cassidy, Caity Lotz, Brandon Routh, Courtney Ford, Jes Macallan, and Rachel Skarsten
https://www.planetcomicon.com/postponement-announcement/

UPDATE: Planet Comicon has been rescheduled to August 14-16, 2020 (but guest list has changed)...
https://planetcomicon.com/guests/?cat=14

Edited by tv echo

Stephen Amell's Instagram Story - March 17, 2020

(ARROWverse Russia)

-- SA (reading and answering fan question): "'Do you think you will cameo in other DC shows?' No, I'm done. It was good. It was a good eight years. But, uh, it was time to be done. Actually, I watched the premiere of, um, Roswell, New Mexico, last night, the second season, that my show Corrina, uh, created and runs... It was actually really, really weird to watch The CW again. A, because I don't typically watch it live. I typically like watched it, either director's cuts of Arrow or I would watch it on Apple TV. So it was just weird seeing the commercials and seeing promos for Supergirl and Flash and Batwoman and, uh - I don't know, feels like a different lifetime. But I don't think that I will be doing that again."

-- SA (reading and answering fan question): "'Would Arrow come back, but with the kids and not the old crew?' Oh, the Green Arrow & the Canaries spinoff. I don't know. Um, I know that everything's kind of on hold right now. Um, I actually haven't seen that episode because I wasn't - I wasn't in it. And, uh, I don't typically like to know stuff and then I haven't gotten around to watching it. I'm sure I will at some point."

Stephen Amell's Instagram Story - March 18, 2020 (with guest Michael Rosenbaum)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hxit1QfrlA 
(Green Sun)

-- A lot of discussion about the coronavirus pandemic and some discussion of SA's panic attack on MR's Inside of You podcast.

Stephen Amell's Instagram Story - March 19, 2020 (with guest Robbie Amell)

(Green Sun)

-- SA: "Kat McNamara's on here. She said, 'hi.'"

-- SA (touching his head bandana): "I'm pretending like I'm on Survivor... I would love to be on Survivor... As a matter of fact, we joked that like when things got a little bit better and maybe social distancing was less of a thing, but that things hadn't really started up again, like we're just gonna invite all of our friends and just play a little game of Survivor. And you don't get kicked off the island, you get kicked out of the house... We'd get an Airbnb next door." 

-- SA: "Hey, Kat, if you're just watching this, do you wanna - I'm gonna invite Kat on tomorrow at 11 o' clock. See if she wants to come on."

-- SA: "Um, someone wants to know, who would win in Survivor if I had all my friends over... Um, I think Emily would win, frankly."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

They have a pretty good rapport; I hope we'll get to see them at a con together eventually

Hopefully those two rescheduled cons/appearances still happen so SA and KM can fawn over BL together in person.

Edited by way2interested
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, lemotomato said:

SA talked to Kat McNamara on his IG live session today. They have a pretty good rapport; I hope we'll get to see them at a con together eventually.

There's more than what I transcribed below...

-- In response to SA's question about her unopened cases of Nocking Point wine, KM: "What am I going to do with 60 bottles of wine in a quarantine?"

-- On shooting the backdoor pilot for Green Arrow & the Canaries, KM: "The backdoor pilot was - it was really interesting because there was the whole memory loss thing and the character departure... I think my favorite part as an actor was kind of building the two characters into one, because there's basically - there was Mia 1, Mia 2, and then Mia 3 that was the combination of the first two, and so navigating that and finding that. Also, getting to work with Charlie a lot more was so awesome. And Ben, and just kind of building that - all those family relationships and seeing how they changed and doing all that." SA: "I love me some Ben." KM: "Oh, my God, how much do you love Ben Lewis?" SA: "I love Ben so much." KM: "He's the best." SA: "He was so great. Uh... oh yeah, Ben. What a guy."

-- SA: "Mark Bunting... Our First Assistant Director. I'm just getting over, um... (Laughs) I'm just - I'm just getting over the show being done and I'm starting to decompress. I'm in L.A. and he sends me a text and it just says, 'Well,' and then it's followed by a photo that is clearly a blank sound stage. And I was about to text him, I'm like, (Pauses) oh no, you just sent me a photo of the bunker, that's a blank sound stage now, didn't you? (Laughs) I didn't text him back for like three days, that asshole! Oh, man. (KM interjects, "Oh, no!") It's okay. I'm - I'm over it. I'm fine. I'm good. I'm totally fine. I'm totally fine with not working and not knowing when I'm going to go back to work. It's fine. I'm good... In actuality, I am good. Are you okay? Because you are one of the most entrepreneurial, forward-thinking go-getters, always busy people that I know. How are you dealing with stuff like this?" KM: "I am channeling that energy into other things. Because I was supposed to be on a film in South Africa in like two weeks... which, obviously, isn't happening now... So, we'll see. I'm doing research for that, because I actually have time now. And I'm developing a couple projects that I actually have time to focus on that now and go back to the source material. And kind of seeing what else I can do creatively, to find something... What are you doing to keep that energy occupied?" SA: "One of my friends is out in the desert with me, and she and I have been talking a lot about a - a book we want to option, uh, that we're going to try to create a TV show for, or a limited series, or a movie. I'm not sure... I'm not an alarmist, but I'm - I'm playing the long game on this one. And right now, I'm not trying to rush the idea that things are going to go back to normal in two weeks, three weeks, four weeks, whatever. So, right now, I'm - where it sounds like you are a person who initiates things, I'm a person who needs a start date... Like, when I was training for Heels, uh, we were eventually supposed to start around March 15th, and I couldn't really kick my workouts into high gear until I knew what our actual start date was. And then I really go for it... So right now - right now, I'm chillin'. I'm swimming a lot. I'm gonna - I'm running a lot. I've got my home gym that I haven't used yet. Don't tell anyone that's involved with Heels. Thank you very much. I appreciate that." KM (laughing): "I won't tell anyone, but the 9,300 people that are watching might say something." SA: "This video only lasts 24 hours and then it's gone... Unless I find a way to save it in the end, but, you know, who's to say? Really?"

-- SA: "Not that the entire world needs to hear it, but you are an absolute joy to work with. You really were." KM: "Thank you. Back atcha... Let's do it again sometime." SA: "Okay. Bye, Kat."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Did anyone see what the original tweet that he had a problem with was about?

Yes, he took a picture holding Mavi on a couch in their apartment in Vancouver and posted it on Insta a year or two ago - the woman he replied to moved into that same apartment and posted a pic of her husband holding their kid in a similar position on the same couch (I guess the apartment was furnished) and posted them side by side. 

I'm not sure what he took issue with, maybe that she reposted a pic he posted of Mavi? 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yes, he took a picture holding Mavi on a couch in their apartment in Vancouver and posted it on Insta a year or two ago - the woman he replied to moved into that same apartment and posted a pic of her husband holding their kid in a similar position on the same couch (I guess the apartment was furnished) and posted them side by side. 

Huh, weird. Thanks!

Maybe he got weirded out about someone setting up a pic deliberately to replicate a pic with his kid it in? Or he's extra creeped out because they live in the same block, even though he doesn't live there anymore (I assume). I've seen him let weirder stuff go without comment. I mean it's strange but it's not like anyone was trying to use her image in a young Mia fan art or photoshopping people's heads around or something. I can see getting upset over that. 

Edited by Featherhat

Looking back at 2012 New York Comic Con (NYCC) - this recording was new to me (posted yesterday)...

Podcast recording of Arrow roundtable EP/cast interviews (WH, KC, MG, SA) at NYCC on Oct. 14, 2012:
https://www.spreaker.com/user/scifitalk/arrowspecial?autoplay=1

-- KC: "As far as - you know, Laurel and Oliver, they obviously have a lot of history together. I don't - you never know what can happen... It's television. I feel like anything can happen. Um, in - in my mind, what I think will happen? To me, Laurel and Oliver are like meant to be. Um, they were each other's first everything. And again, this is in - in - in my brain, in my mind. The writers may be like, 'actually...' One episode I'll read and all of a sudden it'll totally change. But to this moment, it's how do you forgive someone who betrayed you in the way he betrayed her and took her sister away? Um, I have sisters. If any man ever did that to me, tell you something, uh, it certainly would not, for me, uh, play out - I don't know if I'd be able to face that person again. But having said that, I think Laurel is very - not to say like - well, she's very, very strong. It's not to say like me personally I'm not, but I also - you know, the relationship between my sisters and I is far different than the relationship between Laurel and her sister, who passed. So I also again think like she - he's the love of her life, and they have a huge history together, with one another, and I think she will find it in her heart to forgive him at some point. It's just a matter of what - I think that she's accepted it and it's been five years, so some time has passed, and she's been able to, you know, heal and, um - I don't know. It's something that I certainly - I'm personally like interested in the relationship and where it's going to go, because I don't know if you come back from that. I don't know if you can come back from, uh, losing a sibling to - to an ex-lover... or lover, you know. But I think it's really good. And again I think it's really - the relationship between the two of them. They had to have such a strong bond and such a huge history to - in my mind anyway - to be able to interact with one another and - and sort of continue this relationship."

-- MG: "We talk a lot about, like, the secret sauce of the show is appealing to the diehard fans as well as, you know, the people who typically wouldn't watch, uh, a superhero show."

-- On picking the supervillains for the show, MG: "For us, I think the approach is always - we always start off with, what's - what's Oliver going through this week? What storyline in terms of, you know, the crime story can we tell that will reflect that character arc, that emotional journey? And then we really, like, the supervillain of the week, the DC character, that's really like the last thing we think about. It's always designed to come out organically, as opposed to, 'oh, let's tell the Dead - let's do Deadshot this week,' and then back ourselves into it. Deadshot comes last... Episode 3, which is when Deadshot first appears, it's all about, you know, can Oliver complete his mission alone? You know, he came back from the island, he always planned on, you know, being this lone gunman, which is why the episode's called 'Lone Gunmen.' And... you know, he discovers whether or not that's true. It just so happens Deadshot worked for that storyline because Deadshot also operates alone and is sort of, you know, a darker version of the marksman that Oliver is. So, um, it, you know, that is a good example of sort of how we back ourselves into the DC villains. Um, there are enough DC villains to be able to have that approach, you know. And that way the cart never drags the horse."

-- SA: "When I auditioned for the part, I told these guys, like, I want to do something physical. And I want to do this while everything still works... I don't have any superpowers. So it was important to me to be believable as a guy who could fight crime and could go after bad guys and could snap a guy's neck, just by tensing up... The exercise sequences, we have a good one in 2, we have a good one in 3, and then we just rewrite stuff in 8, and it's - we have an exercise sequence that's almost meant to, um, not simplify, but marginalize the one in the first episode."

-- On whether Oliver can ever hang up the Arrow suit and just walk away some day, SA: "Well, he's got a - he has a mission. So if he accomplishes it - he doesn't want to do this, he has to. Like, he made a promise to his father. You know, if he could, you know, retire into the country, probably with Laurel, I think that he would. But, uh, he's nowhere close to doing that now."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Also from Oct. 14, 2012 - I only did a few transcriptions...

The CW Arrow Panel at New York Comic Con 2012 

(Roll The Footage!)

-- On how it feels to play Dinah Laurel Lance and where she sees her future going, KC: "Well, um, it's awesome. She - you know, she's very strong, very smart and obviously forgiving... (Looks at SA) Or maybe... not. Um, where do I see her going? Marc? Do you have an answer to that question?" MG: "Well, you know, I think, uh, episode 3 gives a pretty good indication about what you're capable of and where you ultimately might be headed." KC: "Yes, I agree." MG: "I would watch Episode 3." KC: "Yes, there's certainly been, um, some hints that will - you know, you'll definitely find out a lot more about Laurel and her history and what's going on and where she's headed. It's good. It's juicy stuff."

-- On whether they'll be going beyond the DC Universe, MG: "It's something that we've been talking about a lot lately... First of all, you know, we would love to create some new characters and put some new players on the board, uh, you know, create some new toys for the toy chest, if you will. So that's certainly, you know, in the offing. The thing that we do in the writers room is - we always start off with a very simple question, which is, what is Oliver going through this week and what is his emotional journey? And once we've answered that question for ourselves, then we start to figure out, well, what's the - you know, what's the crime story, what's the procedural element, what's the supervillain of the week, if you will, that can relate to that thematically? Like, I think the Royal Flush Gang in episode 6 is a great example to that. Uh, you wouldn't necessarily think that, you know, uh, playing card, uh, character, uh, bank robbers would relate to what Oliver's going through and discovering that week, but actually it truly, truly does. Um, and that's the long way of saying that we come up with, you know, the story and the character developments first, and then we back ourselves into a character. Um, in some cases, it's a character that we draw from the DC Universe, because it's such a big, deep pool, but, uh, other times we say, you know, we got to create our own character and, you know, create a new, you know, toy for the toy box. Um, both are fun."

-- On Oliver's multiple killings in the pilot, SA: "Killing is not an objective, it's a necessity." SA also said that there were four distinct versions of Oliver in the pilot alone. 

Edited by tv echo

Megacon Orlando has been postponed to June 4-7, 2020 ...
https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/home.html

First off, thank you all for your ongoing concern and support during these challenging times – it does not go unnoticed. From the beginning, our team at MEGACON Orlando has followed the recommendations made by the CDC and the Florida Department of Health. In light of this, and with the help of our partners at Orange County Convention Center and Visit Orlando, our team has been able to move MEGACON Orlando to June 4-7, 2020. ...

SA, KM and BL are listed among the celebrities pending (not yet confirmed) for the new date...
https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/guests/celebrities.html

Edited by tv echo

This podcast recording is 85 minutes long, so enjoy! ...

Listen here:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fake-nerd-podcast/id1127943370
Or here:
https://share.transistor.fm/s/0edf1bb5

-- On how he feels about Arrow's ending, MG: "It just feels really good. The thing is, every show has to end at some point, uh, you know, except for The Simpsons. And I always knew Arrow would have to end. And I could not have scripted, literally or figuratively, a better ending for it. Um, you know, we went out, um, you know, with the people still talking about the show. People weren't going, like, 'oh, that show's still on the air?' Uh, we - we ended with this massive crossover, you know, a potential spinoff, and a series finale that I was very proud of. Um, you know, I - I think, had we continued on, um, we wouldn't necessarily have been able to end as solidly as we did, so I - I really have no regrets, um, and I'm just glad that we were able to stick the landing."

-- On how difficult it was to write the series finale in a post-COIE world with resurrected characters and revised histories, MG: "It was actually a very easy process. Uh, the, you know, the finale really wrote itself like butter. And I think that's due in large part to the fact that we had so much time to think about it. I think, you know, it's safe to say we were thinking about the series finale for about a year. Um, and Beth and I - we would just periodically, like, exchange texts or, you know, find each other in each other's offices and just throw out ideas. You know, we - we knew a lot. We -we knew that Oliver was dying in Crisis. We knew that this would be more of a coda than a, you know, than a climax. We knew that we wanted to bring back a lot of characters from Oliver's past. We - we knew a lot of pieces. I think the piece that sort of came together the latest - or last - was what I call sort of the, uh, the unifying principle of the finale. Um, we sort of had all these disparate elements, but we didn't have what I would call essential theme on. And it wasn't until we were in the editing room and we were listening to the [unintelligible words] the bajillionth time, uh, that it dawned on me that, oh, wait a second, you know, the show is all about Oliver returning home to save his city. He says that almost every episode. And it occurred to me that, with Crisis, we finally had the opportunity for Oliver's mission to finally be finished, to finally be complete, that, you know, by restarting the universe, uh, he was able to save his city. And once we had that, it really - it was just the last piece of the puzzle and it tied everything together. And it took all these disparate pieces that we had and gave them a common umbrella, uh, and a common language to talk about. Um, and once we had that, it was - it was a piece of cake. I want to say like, I think I wrote my scenes for the finale in like two days. Um, you know, it really wrote incredibly fast. Um, and - and truth be told, didn't even change all that much once, uh, it was written... It really turned out exactly the way we had designed it. You know, when I said like Beth and i had been talking about it for a year, um, obviously we didn't have as clear a picture, you know, a year before as we did once we finished writing it. But, um, I would say that the, you know, that there were no audibles, there were no crazy, you know, left turns. There really was, you know, the type of pilot - the type of finale that we had been talking about... That was very gratifying."

-- Interviewer commented on how this guy with a bow and arrow ended up restarting the universe. MG noted that when Arrow started, they said that the show would not have superpowers, would not have time travel and would not have alternate realities, and that they ended up doing all of that stuff. MG: "It just goes to show that, when you have a long-running show, um, you can have all the plans in the world, but you, you know, you don't necessarily have to stick with them. And I think, quite frankly, our two greatest, uh, assets, as we were working on the show for eight years, was - was - and they sound contradictory, but, um - it was our - our discipline in terms of planning things. Um, you know, we would plan out entire seasons at the beginning of each season, while at the same time giving ourselves the freedom, um, to deviate from those plans when a better idea came along. So, it was always a combination of discipline and confidence. Because I think you have to have a certain amount of confidence to be able to, you know, [unintelligible word] with your plan, um, and a certain amount of confidence to deviate from your plan when you realize that there's a better idea here."

-- On whether there was something that he always thought would be in the Arrow finale but that we never saw, including even specifically what the last shot might be, MG: "I'll tell you the way I originally planned on it ending and you'll sort of see how this is different and why it's different. Um, I always saw the show ending with Oliver's death, um, Oliver's death in the actual finale. And then I kind of had a, you know, a little bit of a fantasy that we would, you know - Oliver would die and you'd end with some sort of news broadcast talking about his legacy, and that would sort of become voiceover. And then you would go to this rooftop, um, in a whole other city and like, on the cuts, a - like a thug or some bad guy would sort of crash through the frame, having been punched off-screen. And these pair of black boots, you know, would come down like right in front of him, and there'd be a flutter of a scalloped cape. Um, and based - the voiceover would say something along the lines of, you know, 'Oliver Queen inspired a whole new generation of vigilantes,' uh, the implication, of course, being that he inspired Batman... So, of course, that didn't happen for a variety of different reasons, not the least of which Batwoman came along... That was my original, original conception."

-- On his favorite moment in the Arrow finale and what he was most proud to be able to include, MG: "Well, I want to say my cameo, but that's not true, uh, though I do think my cameo is - is a high point. I would say, from a writing perspective, I was very proud of Diggle's eulogy. Um, that was - that was a tricky thing to write. Um, that took a while to dial in, um, 'cause it's not just this emotional farewell from, you know, Oliver's brother, but it's also, you know, sort of - it's my final statement about the show itself, in many ways... I was very excited, relieved, glad, rewarded, uh, by the fact that we were able to give Diggle his moment, uh, with the, uh, green box, as it were. Uh, I cannot confirm or deny the content of said box. Um, but that was - you know, that was a big deal, uh, to get in there."

-- On whether there were any actors that they wanted but couldn't get for the finale, MG: "There were a variety of different actors from, uh, the life of the show that we wanted to see return for the finale, um, and we simply couldn't manage it, because, um - it's funny, no one turned us down. Every person who we approached who wasn't in the finale, um, was doing either another television show, ironically, uh, or a movie... Even, by the way - even people doing television shows, uh, it was tricky to get them. Uh, for example, Katrina Law is a series regular on Hawaii Five-0, and that production moved heaven and earth for her to be part of Oliver's funeral, which - the scheduling was so tight on that, we actually shot the first half of the funeral without Katrina. Uh, Katrina was headed from the airport to hair and makeup while we were shooting half that scene. Um, and even Melissa and Grant's involvement, uh, was really, really challenging from a scheduling perspective, because they [unintelligible word] Arrow shows as well. Um, so we - we pulled off as many miracles as we could. Um, I would say, I think we ended up, um, we ended up pulling off more miracles than I expected, and I really have to give props to Beth Schwartz. Um, you know, by the time Crisis was done, I was so burnt out and I was particularly burnt out, um, on - on the subject of dealing with actors' schedules and dealing with agents and managers, um, trying - you know, every single one of the cameos and guest stars, uh, in Crisis, uh, you know, involved at least several phone calls, uh, on my part alone. And I was so - I was so tired... So Beth really stepped up to the plate and did all that diplomacy. There's a lot of diplomatic work that goes into these sorts of things... She carried the water when I was way too tired to do so."

-- On GG and MB's involvement in the finale despite their own full production schedules with their own shows, MG: "Truth be told, I can tell you that they didn't do it for the money. Um, they did it because they knew and understood and appreciated, uh, the importance that Oliver has to their shows and how important their shows are to Arrow."

-- MG said that he had a nice conversation with Colin Salmon (who played Walter Steele), who really wanted to be part of the finale, but he was busy on another project.

-- On his favorite personal moment from Arrow, MG said his answer would change depending on when he was asked. But for now, MG mentioned doing Wonder Con during the first season of Arrow and said that it was the first time that he felt the fans' love for the show and that he knew Arrow was resonating with the fans.

-- The interviewer then asked, and MG answered, some questions about the COIE crossover. Some tidbits: They were only allowed to use Justin Hartley’s Smallville Green Arrow costume if no one wore it. If they had gotten Krypton’s Cameron Cuffe, he would’ve played a Kryptonian elder, who would’ve hologram-ed in with important news about the destruction of the multiverse (MG added that that scene is written and maybe he’ll tweet it). They weren’t allowed to do young Bruce Wayne, so they did an old Bruce Wayne (with Kevin Conroy). They didn't get the Ezra Miller permission until after they had wrapped shooting the crossover. Smallville's Earth was designated Earth-167 because Al Gough was born in 1967. MG said it would've been "cleaner" if we ended up with a single Earth post-Crisis, but they couldn't destroy Earths used in other DC series that they "borrowed" for the crossover, so the compromise was to combine The CW's Earths, while restoring certain other Earths that would then be unknown to The CW's combined Earth. They cut Psycho-Pirate because he no longer fit into the story; his inclusion felt forced. At one point, they did include a cameo of him as part of a larger storyline, but they ended up dropping that storyline due to lack of available screen time. Some other stuff.

-- On why they made Oliver the Spectre, MG said that it was already spoiled that Oliver was going to die in the Crisis, so it's no surprise that Oliver dies in Crisis. Therefore, the only surprise they could do for Oliver was to make him into something else after he dies in Hour One of COIE, and he liked the idea of Oliver becoming the Spectre. MG: "It felt right."

-- On the two COIE Giant tie-in comics, MG: "I wish - I wish we had more pages. I wish I was able to bring in, you know, even more characters. I would've loved to get the Huntress in there. Um, you know, but, uh, I was - I was - I was very happy with the finished product. And, uh, we're in the process of putting together the, uh, the trade paperback, which I think will be out - it should actually be a hardcover first... I wrote a - I wrote up a piece that sort of explains how it fits in continuity-wise, um, which was a fun little exercise, 'cause, uh, the - you know, getting all the pieces to line up, in terms of continuity, was not easy."

-- On what he would've changed in the COIE crossover event, MG: "The revisitation of Future Oliver. Um, we were trying to do something there in terms of like having our cake and eating it too, and - and playing with this idea that - that Oliver sort of lost his marbles a little bit. And - I - I think we were too clever by half. Ah, this was my fault, you know, this is completely a thousand per cent my fault. Um, you know, I was too clever by half. And, um, if I could have - if I could have any series of scenes back to rewrite or reshoot, it would be those scenes, um, and I would've - I would've done them differently and been - you know, I think, quite frankly, a little less ambitious story-wise and just a little cleaner as a result of it... When I look at the whole thing, if there's any - if there's any at bat I would love to have back, it would've been just not doing Old Oliver but the way we did it, you know, the story we were telling with him and his mental state... I think we were trying - I was trying to be too clever by half."

-- In the Speed Force visions (when Barry revisits Oliver's memories) in COIE Part 4, MG originally had a different moment for Kate Kane/Batwoman, but he then "remembered that Brandon Routh contractually had to be in Hour Four." Originally, Batwoman's scene was going to be her coming in and watching Oliver and Diggle's "fist fight" in Arrow 6x17 and then having to break it up. Instead, they had to go with revisiting an Oliver and Ray Palmer scene from Arrow 3x18. MG also said that he loved reminding people that BR originally started out on Arrow and that his character has a history with Oliver Queen.

-- MG said that one of the things that made COIE "satisfying" was that it was "the culmination of eight years of world building." (MG also joked that their budget was the size of Avengers: Endgame's "catering budget.")

-- MG is working on several projects right now (including two movies), but he can't talk about any of them.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

MG posted 4 script pages from episode 114-The Odyssey (when Felicity finds out that Oliver is the Hood and joins his team on a provisional basis)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I only transcribed a few comments (video is 42 minutes long) - from KM's apartment in Los Angeles yesterday...

Katherine McNamara Instagram Live (27/03/20)
Alex Salazar   Mar. 28, 2020

-- On who was the last person she talked to, KM: "I just did a - a little, uh, FaceTime Happy Hour with Ben and Maya from Arrow... and I've been catching up with a bunch of folks today."

-- On whether SA actually left with the Green Arrow suit, KM: "I don't know. He very well could have."

-- KM: "I'm looking forward to travel, human interaction, and Mexican food when all this is over."

-- On how many tattoos she has, KM: "I have ten."

-- KM talked up her Nocking Point wine (per her partnering with SA).

-- KM: "The crossover was so much fun, 'cause I got to, you know, interact with so many people that I hadn't got to, and the characters got to interact, and it was really amazing just to see what a family that entire universe is, as it were."

-- On whether she misses working with SA, KM: "Yeah, I do. I just - I popped on one of his Instagrams the other day and realized it's been awhile since we spent time together. And I had such a pleasure working with him. I would love to do it again."

-- On whether she watches LoT, KM said that she was "not up to date" but that she has watched it "from time to time."

-- On whether she would pick Star City 2019 or Star City 2040, KM: "Can I bring the folks from 2040 to 2019 and just have a big party? 'Cause that sounds to me like the way to do it. Depends on which 2040 as well. 'Cause some 2040s are a lot more messed up than others."

-- On her best James Bamford memories, KM talked about when she shadowed Bamford while he directed 801. KM: "It was amazing watching him describe scenes to people. whether it's the cast and crew or the production designers, because you can tell his background is in stunts and stunt choreography because he's so animated and motivated and, you,know, everything is - is so grand when he describes it - that he just totally sets the scene for you and gives everybody so much energy that you just want to dive right in."

-- On her favorite actor to work with during COIE, KM: "All of them, I can't pick. The more the merrier, in my opinion. Those were my favorite days, my favorite scenes, when we had so many people on set at once."

-- On her favorite Arrow villain, KM: "I generally say Diaz because he's just so deliciously evil, but also Charlie Barnett did a really job as our - our new Deathstroke, and I will always have a special place in my heart for Charlie. So I'm going to have to give him the shout-out."

Edited by tv echo

SA posted a few b-t-s filming clips from Arrow (the first is Oliver and Laurel, the second is Oliver and Roy, and the third is Oliver fighting someone)...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I loved Stephen in The New Girl and Hung, and he's great at comedy - but none of that was funny. And leading it off with him seemingly coaching a high school girl through some kind of (false?) sexual assault accusation isn't great! I'm pretty sure the friend who wrote this is the same guy who wrote another short that Cassandra directed that was too awful to sit through. This is kind of an improvement, so there's that? 

• Love 3
(edited)

Updated status of upcoming comic cons as of today (subject to further change, of course)...

MegaCon Orlando, June 4-7, 2020 (FL) 
PENDING: Stephen Amell, Katherine McNamara and Ben Lewis
https://www.megaconorlando.com/en/guests/celebrities.html

Wizard World St. Louis, June 5-7, 2020 (MO)
Kelly Hu (also Rick Cosnett, Teddy Sears and Sam Witwer)
https://wizardworld.com/index.php/comiccon/st-louis

Oz Comic Con Melbourne, June 6-7, 2020 (AU)
Caity Lotz (also Rachel Skarsten)
https://ozcomiccon.com/melbourne/guests/

Fan Expo Dallas, June 19-21, 2020 (TX)
CONFIRMED: Katherine McNamara, Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh
PENDING: Stephen Amell and Ben Lewis (also Dean Cain)
https://www.fanexpodallas.com/en/guests/celebrities.html

Indiana Comic Convention, June 26-28, 2020 (Indianapolis, IN) 
David Ramsey (also Tom Felton)
https://indianacomicconvention.com/

Gateway Chicago Convention, June 26-28,2020 (Rosemont, IL)
David Nykl and Ben Browder
https://www.creationent.com/cal/gateway25.htm

Dutch Comic Con-Spring Edition 2020, July 4-5, 2020 (Utrecht, Netherlands)
David Ramsey
https://www.dutchcomiccon.com/guests/

The Italian Institute – The Fourth Convention, July 11-12, 2020 (Milan, Italy)
Katherine McNamara
https://www.facebook.com/groups/754716071345691/

FedCon, July 10-12, 2020 (Bonn, Germany)
David Nykl, John Barrowman and Alex Kingston
https://www.fedcon.de/de/

EM-Con Nottingham, July 18-19, 2020 (U.K.)
LaMonica Garrett and Alex Kingston
https://nottingham.em-con.co.uk/guests/

SAN DIEGO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL, July 23-26, 2020 (CA)
TBA
https://www.comic-con.org/cci/

London Film & Comic Con, July 24-26, 2020 (UK)
David Ramsey, Ernie Hudson and Ben Browder (also Danielle Nicolet and John Wesley Shipp)
https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/guests

GalaxyCon Raleigh, July 30-August 2, 2020 (NC)
Arrowverse Team-Up: Juliana Harkavy, John Barrowman and John Wesley-Shipp
https://galaxycon.com/raleigh-guests/

Wales Comic Con: Telford Takeover, August 22-23, 2020 (UK)
John Barrowman, Summer Glau and Sean Maher
https://www.walescomiccon.com/guests

STL Rebel Con (Spartacus Convention), August 22-23, 2020 (St. Louis, MO)
Nick Taraby (also Liam McIntyre)
https://www.stlrebelcon.com

Heroes of the Shadow World, September 11-13, 2020 (NY)
Katherine McNamara and Anna Hopkins
https://jalmics.com/event-management/hotsw/

The Hunters of Shadow 4, October 17-18, 2020 (Bagnolet, France)
Katherine McNamara
https://weventsproduction.fr/the-hunters-of-shadow-4/

Winnipeg Comiccon, October 30-November 1, 2020 (Manitoba, Canada)
Guest of Honor: John Barrowman
https://comicconwinnipeg.com/artists/

GalaxyCon Minneapolis, November 6-8, 2020 (MN)
Arrowverse Team-Up: Juliana Harkavy, John Barrowman, Summer Glau and John Wesley-Shipp
https://galaxycon.com/minneapolis-guests/

Edited by tv echo
UPDATED April 7, 2020
(edited)

I never thought she knew because of the look of shock then understanding on EBR's face as she hears the "fake out" then we see the syringe.

As for Oliver being a dick if he didn't tell her? Yeah obviously, but that's far from the first or last time that happens both "for the good of the mission" and other more person things *cough William cough* and MG has defended those.

Plus if they'd worked it out before, why was the the beach scene a thing? If she already knew about it why does she bother asking if the "love declaration" was real and Oliver's face revealing it definitely was?

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm perfectly happy to believe that Oliver did tell Felicity and that her surprise and the conversation on Lian Yu was simply at the sincerity of his "I love you," because it's nicer that way! But if she was in on the plan, it doesn't make any sense for Oliver to slip a syringe in her pocket in a room filled with cameras, LOL. And it doesn't make much sense that she'd mention the ILY since she would've assumed it was part of the scheme? BUT this is Arrow and they are clumsy like that, so I will write off the syringe thing as being done for the ease of the reveal and that she mentioned the ILY because deep down she knew he meant it. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ugh. I was worried when he mentioned to Drew on his IG Live that he was “attending a special event” that he was about to do something supremely stupid, and I wasn’t wrong. He’s getting DRAGGED in the replies on Twitter.

Aisha and Carina shared similar video from his house. Emmett posted that he took the above picture, and Jarrett’s latest IG story shows that he’s clearly in Palm Springs too. In Aisha’s story you can hear someone (maybe Carina?) say “so many Instagrams that I’ve been trying to take today and they’re crashed by Aisha just walking around in a wedding gown” and Cass saying “spoiler alert!” so they might be gathered for Aisha and Emmett’s wedding. But still, not great optics. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Trisha said:

Aisha and Carina shared similar video from his house. Emmett posted that he took the above picture, and Jarrett’s latest IG story shows that he’s clearly in Palm Springs too. In Aisha’s story you can hear someone (maybe Carina?) say “so many Instagrams that I’ve been trying to take today and they’re crashed by Aisha just walking around in a wedding gown” and Cass saying “spoiler alert!” so they might be gathered for Aisha and Emmett’s wedding. But still, not great optics. 

1. We're going to be stuck inside forever because dumb fucking idiots like this who have the option of just staying inside because they don't HAVE to work outside their homes aren't capable of being uncomfortable and sacrificing for a little while. If there is a wedding (which...what? I had no idea they were still even together), either reschedule it like most other people did or find a creative way to do it via technology. Not ideal, but these are the times we're living in (or I guess everyone but them, since they don't seem to think any rules apply to them). 

2. Can't wait for Carina to get dragged for this yet again and claim that she's being "monitored" despite choosing to post all this stuff that people can connect the dots and drag her for, lol. 

• Love 10

I’d only seen his tweet and assumed he meant over FaceTime/Skype/whatever. Just ... why? I could say more but reading things like this followed by heartbreaking stories of family members unable to see each other in hospitals and self-quarantine ... 

And here’s the other thing: why put this on social media? Just don’t post anything. No one is forcing anyone to tweet or Instagram or anything. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I’d only seen his tweet and assumed he meant over FaceTime/Skype/whatever. Just ... why? I could say more but reading things like this followed by heartbreaking stories of family members unable to see each other in hospitals and self-quarantine ... 

Seriously. One of my coworkers has COVID-19 and her husband died from it a few days ago. She didn't get to say goodbye - once he went into ICU, that was the last she saw of him, and then she tested positive and has had to be in self-isolation while she's grieving. She can't have a funeral for him until some undetermined later date. Most of the Jar have shown their ass pretty regularly on social media but with stories like the ones we've been hearing from so many people making such huge sacrifices to keep others safe, when your whole freaking state is on lockdown, how do you then not only still hold this get-together, but even if you are willing to take that risk, POST about it?!

They are all so spectacularly dumb and irresponsible. I know it's hard to stay home and not see your friends or to cancel/change things you've been looking forward to, but you've gotta! 

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And here’s the other thing: why put this on social media? Just don’t post anything. No one is forcing anyone to tweet or Instagram or anything. 

That’s the part that truly baffles me. Why post about it, or let your guests post about it? Or - if you must post because you’re a celebrity and god forbid you don’t have outside validation - at least clarify what you mean by “hanging (responsibly) with friends.” I mean, I guess it’s possible that if everyone who they have over had spent the past 14 days in their own self-isolation and they were really, really careful about what they brought into that house they could *maybe* be together, but that’s still a risk and not advised. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

That’s the part that truly baffles me. Why post about it, or let your guests post about it? Or - if you must post because you’re a celebrity and god forbid you don’t have outside validation - at least clarify what you mean by “hanging (responsibly) with friends.” I mean, I guess it’s possible that if everyone who they have over had spent the past 14 days in their own self-isolation and they were really, really careful about what they brought into that house they could *maybe* be together, but that’s still a risk and not advised. 

My favorite part is that Carina keeps posting her days in quarantine despite the fact that she left the Amell home and went to New Mexico, had an in-person live Q&A on Instagram with one of the Roswell cast members, and then returned back to Palm Springs as if it was all quarantine time. And last night she posted a pic of her and Stephen in what looks like a golf cart on her way to the wedding or whatever and had the nerve to call it "Day 26." 

The absolute delusion. I really hope they don't wind up getting someone killed. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Gah I try to ignore a lot of their narcissistic whatever on SM but this just makes me so annoyed. All weddings here in the UK are banned I guess specifically so this kind of dumbasshattery is less likely to happen. It's gorgeous weather where I am and I'd love to be meeting with friends outside but guess what I'm not doing right now? So many millions of people have had to cancel stuff (and are loosing a lot of money and don't have the funds these guys have) and yeah, not being able to see their loved ones for one last time because it's banned, my sister is days away from giving birth and is terrified about everything going on and they do this and "spoiler alert!" as if that was the big deal. 

Even if they're being extremely careful it's still stupid. Especially if Carina is travelling quite a bit there's no way she's completely sure she's free. 

I mean posting all this to SM is just asking for angry responses and yet anyone saying something will be the idiots who deserve to get trolled. Right. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 4