Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Pretty sure one of the reasons they have a nanny is so they can do all the drinking and "responsible gathering" they like lol. 

Yeah, I’d say that’s the main reason. They have a live in nanny when one parent doesn’t work. I don’t understand that. 

3 hours ago, Trisha said:

I was never a fan of Dinah as a character but JH always seems like a lovely person. And SA clearly adores her. This was him at his most tolerable since he started these things! (I mean, after she left he went into a weird baseball analogy about internet trolls, but still.)

JH comes across as a very sweet, very insecure person to me. 

• Love 1

Even speaking as someone who has a one year old, I do not understand why SA and his wife have a live-in nanny when they’re both at home. Also did they not think maybe she would’ve liked to have been at home with her actual family during this time?

They are so weird. I can’t. 😂

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Drew talks a lot about his wife home-schooling the kids and planning activities for them during quarantine. Besides the occasional mention of online ballet school and playing tennis, SA never talks about home-schooling.

Also, I watched the part of AT's live-stream that everyone on Twitter is talking about, when they discuss online trolls and negative comments on social media, and bring up the Stemily rumours. It starts around the 44-min mark:

CA: You don't criticize someone's relationship if you're happy in your own relationship or comfortable with yourself [indistinguishable words]
SA: Yeah, like as an example, people have thought forever that Emily and I are married and that this [points to CA] is a beard. 
CA: She's actually in the other room.
SA: And that's true. That's why I'm stopping recording. She just arrived. [CA yells "Hey, Em!" and waves] Like, what the FUCK?! It's like, really?!??
KE: Don't people also think that Aisha and Emily are married? Isn't that a thing as well? 
SA: Mm-hmmm [nodding]
AT: Which by the way makes it a very juicy story. 
CA: All of our drivers licences are Utah drivers licences. 
SA: Yup. Three wives.
CA: Multiple marriages, you know?
AT: We gotta get those checks from the government somehow.

That's the only part I watched but apparently at some point SA thanked Warner Bros and the Arrow crew for helping with their short film, so that's a nice 180.

They really don’t come across as nice people in that. I’m sorry to say but they don’t. And even with all the crazies I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone believe that SA and EBR are married???

Also, please correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it AT and the rest of the awful jar who perpetuated the rumor about AT and EBR by posting pics of them kissing?

I honestly have not an ounce of empathy for any of them. 

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

They really don’t come across as nice people in that. I’m sorry to say but they don’t. And even with all the crazies I can’t say I’ve ever seen someone believe that SA and EBR are married???

Also, please correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t it AT and the rest of the awful jar who perpetuated the rumor about AT and EBR by posting pics of them kissing?

I honestly have not an ounce of empathy for any of them. 

I've seen a few comments here and there where people thought they were married, but I'm pretty sure those were all innocent mistakes by random people not totally familiar with them and not anything to do with Stemily shippers. 

And yeah, people thought Emily and Aisha were dating because of things that they posted, so...to bring this up and act surprised by it, what a bunch of disingenuous assholes lmao. 

Also, Stephen...no one thinks Cassandra is a beard. Do...you know what a beard is?

If you're gonna bring up this stuff that you so clearly play into/pay attention to, at least present it correctly lol.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I've seen a few comments here and there where people thought they were married, but I'm pretty sure those were all innocent mistakes by random people not totally familiar with them and not anything to do with Stemily shippers. 

And yeah, people thought Emily and Aisha were dating because of things that they posted, so...to bring this up and act surprised by it, what a bunch of disingenuous assholes lmao. 

Also, Stephen...no one thinks Cassandra is a beard. Do...you know what a beard is?

If you're gonna bring up this stuff that you so clearly play into/pay attention to, at least present it correctly lol.

They're all terrible people. I can't stand any of them. 😂

I remember when SA just ignored the Stemily shipping and his wife wasn't all over everything he did on social media and the jar didn't exist. Those were much more pleasant times. LMAO.

• Love 1

People thinking EBR and AT were dating because they publicly posted pictures of them kissing just seems like it was designed to get attention and then be able to go "what, obviously not you trolls!". But not everyone kisses their same sex best friends like that so it was obviously going to get questions. They love poking the crazies so they can laugh at the reaction and also feel superior to them. 

I feel like they're bringing Stemily up to get attention, when he's working he doesn't bother with it, or actively profits from playing with it (recent con pictures). I think the only people who thought they were married was the one pic where EBR was wrongly labelled as his wife and at the time they laughed about it. 

So jealous of EBR right about now, in all the ways. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Meanwhile, EBR is living her best life in what looks like paradise:

Handstand is impressive and all but that lake is my dream view.

I think a EBR and Kat live would be great. I hope EBR stays far away from SA’s. 

• Love 2

That is a gorgeous view. My view is the McDonald's and used car lot across the street. Sigh. I understand the crazies can get to you, but all of these folks have been in the business long enough to know to ignore them. I don't think SA knows that it's okay to just sit there and not say anything. You really don't need to give every thought in your head an audience on social media. 

• Love 1

Why is it that they just seem to get worse with every live? I don’t even know what to think of this latest one. Why bring any of that up? I feel like it’s especially not a good look when you have so many people posting all positive, feel good stories in online videos. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Why is it that they just seem to get worse with every live? I don’t even know what to think of this latest one. Why bring any of that up? I feel like it’s especially not a good look when you have so many people posting all positive, feel good stories in online videos. 

Slow descent into madness I tells ya! 

If they're locked up for another month the train wreck will be even more awesome. 

Arrow S8 blu-ray/dvd comes out on Apr. 28th, which these recent interviews seem to all mention (incidentally, I like to watch the others' faces when they're not the ones talking)...

'Arrow' Stars Spill Jaw-Dropping Bloopers & Why 'Canaries' Spinoff Needs To Happen
Access   April 22, 2020

-- Erin Biglow (Access): "There could not be a more perfect time for this epic final season to be ready for fans in a totally new, amazing way, so tell us why this package is something fans have to have at home."
KM: "Well, it's such a great time to go back and binge things and sort of relive memories and this DVD is an even better way to do it, because of the deleted scenes and the bonus content, and the - the - you know, the Arrow retrospective is on here, plus we may have some bloopers."

-- EB: "Anything you can tease right now that the fans can look forward to, as far as funny moments behind the scenes or something that happened on set that you guys are still laughing about?"
KC: "There's a - there's a really funny outtake from Season 1 of me and Stephen. There's a Laurel-Oliver makeout scene and it's like the first time they're sort of coming together and it's awkward but passionate. It's also so awkward to shoot those scenes and so like - I get like sweaty palms. It's not sexy. It's like, 'Stephen, okay.'"
EB: "But you got to make it look sexy?"
KC: "'Let's just get it over with and then we'll be good' ... So, my character, like, I - I - I remember I, like, jumped on him and he's supposed to, like, spin me and fall onto the bed. But Stephen - I jumped on him, [unintelligible words], he's supposed to spin me, he misses the bed, and the two of us completely - we collapse onto the floor. And then we totally fell - he totally, like, it was - such - ah, my gosh, it was so embarrassing. It was so funny. It broke the ice."
EB: "You have no choice but to become close to co-workers after something like that. Anything else, ladies? Any memories come to mind behind the scenes?"
KM: "I think most of my bloopers are me just dancing and being goofy and entertaining the crew, because, you know, we work such long hours and it's often 3 in the morning. Everybody's tired, we've been fighting all day, and everybody - you know, a lot of people end up, you know, wanting to go home and go to sleep. I then, being the entertainer that I am, I take it upon myself to try to be a goofball and [unintelligible word] people a little bit. So that ends up being the majority of my outtakes."
EB: "The spotlight's always on. Juliana, what about you?"
JH: "I think the majority of bloopers is, um, wardrobe, pulling up my tight leather pants, so my ass isn't hanging out while I'm fighting... Yeah, yeah. I think fans will be surprised to see how clumsy and inappropriate we really are behind the scenes."

-- EB: "Green Arrow and the Canaries. We got to talk about it. I know Hollywood is a little up in the air right now with productions being on hold. But what can you tell us about anything related to the spinoff? Is it still happening?"
KM: "We don't know anything."
JH: "We don't know."
KM: "I mean, we were in limbo as it was. And I tend to be the kind of person that just leaves pilots up to the universe. And I'm doing that even more so now, because the whole world has become the Wild West, and we just don't really know what's going on or when we're gonna be able to safely get back to production. Um, but we'll see. You know, if we happen to be picked up, and once the world is safe again, it'll be so much fun."
KC: "I do think that - I mentioned this before - but it's a good time, you know, given that people have been this, you know, coronavirus craziness that's been going on in the world, I feel like, you know, people do want to have the content, though, to come together and - and watching a television show. We have already shot up our pilot and, you know, I think it's fun, I think it's badass. I think, of any time, now is the time for it, because it's three female, strong, kickass women, ladies. Um, so, you know, and it's really fun. So if we can - if we can provide entertainment to bring people together in that way, um, and continue to tell stories and, you know, shoot - also shooting in Vancouver's awesome. So, yeah, we hope so. I hope we get picked up. Um, I think the fans are really excited about it, too."
EB: "Well, the response for the episode, even back in January, I mean, the hunger is still there And now, with the new dvd and blu-ray box set, fans are gonna be able to revisit, not just the final season, but the whole series, and maybe just that - the flame is gonna be reignited?"
KC: "Yeah. Totally. I also think that you can - you know, you'll be able to pick up this Green Arrow and the Canaries without necessarily having to have had watch, you know, Arrow. I think it's - it's gonna fresh and [unintelligible word] for newer fans -  for, you know, people who didn't watch Arrow, they can come to this and get a different, um, you know, fun experience."
KM: "Well, just with anything in the Arrowverse. You can jump into the crossover episodes and, if you don't necessarily watch The Flash or if you don't watch Arrow, you can still jump in as a Legends of Tomorrow fan or as a Black Lightning fan, and still enjoy the world, because it's - it's such a unique experience that we have, where we have all these amazing actors, amazing talents, amazing characters, existing in the same universe."

-- EB: "Yeah, there's a little something for everybody. And I actually just rewatched the Arrow series finale last night. And it still packs such an emotional punch. Katherine, particularly, how did you react to adult Mia getting to go to Oliver's funeral and meet Felicity?"
KM: "That was such a - a heavy, emotional thing as well, because it's - one thing I love about the - the spinoff idea is there's sort of a duality to Mia now. You know, she was such a strong fighter and such a strong character before, but she didn't have any interpersonal skills, truly. And then, when she had this other life that she lived with the reset of the universe, she now has a completely new set of tools that she can add to even become a more versatile vigilante, as it were. And now, taking all of that, taking both sets of those memories, that push and pull of two sets of instincts, back to meeting her mother, there's so much going on then. You know, not only does she have the life that she lived with her mother as as socialite and the question of where did - where is Felicity in the new world, we have everything that we saw in Season 7 with the two of them going through and all the fighting and all the hardship and everything that they went through with Oliver. She's having to relive it all over again. And, uh, it's - it's a lovely, bittersweet moment, but it really brought the whole season to a close for me, because I started with Emily and ended with Stephen, and it was all brought together with the entire family there that day at the funeral, and it, um - it really was a beautiful, beautiful episode to shoot."

-- EB: "Juliana, we saw Dinah turn down that promotion and literally ride off into the night. Where do you think she went? What do you think she's doing?"
JH: "Well, that was, um - that's sort of where Canaries begins, you know. She, uh, she realizes that, when she comes into the show, she's such a lone wolf and she, throughout these years and, you know, these ups and downs with her team, and then - and then, at the end, losing what really held them together, I think she's just full of purpose. And, uh, she's going to look for more cities to save. She's literally, like, riding off to become a - a better hero. Like a new kind of hero and, um, yeah, I think this is a - it's a - this would be a perfect time for - for the show to pick up, in light of what's happening in the world, because all of us sort of did end, like, end with a new beginning. It started at the end, which is brilliant with the writers."

-- EB: "Katie, Laurel's scene with Tommy was maybe the most emotion - emotionally vulnerable moment we've ever seen from her. Do you think she got the closure she needed? Will she be able to reconcile this survivor's guilt that she's sort of been battling this time?"
KC: "Look, I think that, yeah, I think she's incredibly, incredibly strong-willed, and I think, if anyone, she definitely can. Uh, and so yeah, I think it's - she'll definitely be, you know, having to work through it. I think that's what cool about, like Juliana was saying, it's like we pick up - our show would pick up where the story, you know, obviously in the future, but where the story sort of left off. And that's what we'll get to explore, to see how people are dealing with that and coping - each character, you know, coping with everything and - and the journey emotionally to get to where they are in the future. Um, I think you'll definitely see that weight and you'll feel it and - and continue to explore it."

-- EB: "Which memories from the show will you take with you? What comes to mind?"
KM: "So many. I think I always go back to my first episode on the show, 'cause I had such a great scene with Juliana."
JH: "Yeah."
KM: "And I got to have - um, my character's opening was a massive cage fight. And that is so indicative of who Mia is. And it was such an explosive opening. Uh, it was so fun. And getting to meet Ben Lewis, who plays my brother William on the show and work with him and establish that sort of sibling banter that we have. Those are really standouts for me."
KC: "Yeah, um, I have two - well, there's a few - there's so many memories, so many moments that are so special to me. Um, one that comes to mind was - is the moment where my character for the first time puts on the Black Canary jacket. And I remember -"
EB: "There was no going back after that."
KC: "I remember putting it on and I literally [unintelligible words] I started to cry. 'Cause I was so excited and so happy and just looking forward to that whole journey. Um, and then honestly, the episode, like, I got to direct was such an incredible, amazing opportunity and experience, and it's something that I forever will be grateful, because I got to find where, you know, I feel like that's my true calling in a way, um, to be on the other side of the camera as well. Uh, you know, obviously I love acting and I want to a hundred percent continue, but I think being on the other side of the camera and actually getting to create and bring my vision to life with, you know, a crew around me and, you know, make it a collaboration it was just a special, incredible, wonderful experience, and I'm so grateful for it. And you guys are such - I'm so grateful for you. I appreciate actors so much, especially actors in particular, because it was such a huge episode, you know for Kat. She was incredible. And - and it just shows you how everybody brings it, you know. You really brought your 'A' game, you were fantastic, and just - I just appreciate all of you so much. Jules, you were wonderful, but we did only have that one small scene."
JH: "We only had one scene, but you made sure my hair looked good, girl."
EB: "What will you take with you, Juliana?"
JH: "Oh my God, there's so many. I also - I guess the most profound memories that stand out are at the beginning and at the end. So, um, like Katie said, the first time I put on the Canary costume and just took a deep breath and realized it was happening. Um, that was really powerful. Um, and the first time I did my Canary cry as well, um, even though, you know, these guys that I'm kind of like blowing back are totally, like, on rigs with pads and, like, I felt so powerful in that moment. And I realized, like, how, even though this is a fantasy world, it's - it's real and - and then, you know, like, there's - there's a power there. There's something - like, there's - there's something real there. And when you meet the fans, you really feel that, um, the reality of this fantasy world. And then, at the end, um, just like the last episode, looking back and thinking about that first day, that was so uncertain. And, you know, thinking about, um, how far we've all come, not only as char - like, as friends and as human beings and how our lives have evolved and - and how things have changed, and it was really, uh, it was incredible. That was when I really appreciated the show the most and felt the closest with everyone."

-- EB: "Well, this is an unprecedented time that's given a lot of people the chance to stay connected to friends and loved ones in a whole new way. Have you been keeping in touch with the cast mates in quarantine? Any group chats, Zoom chats, virtual happy hours?"
KC: "Uh, I'm in the middle - me - myself, Caity Lotz and Ruby are on a group chat and, uh, we've been doing, um, Zoom videos, um, which has been really fun. And we're all sort of, like, going a little stir-crazy, but, yeah."
KM: "It's been really fun. It's - you know, we're so lucky that we live in a time where technology is keeping us connected. Like, I have a family Zoom, a family reunion Zoom once a week. And I have a Mafia game night group that we get together, I think, now twice a week. We do theme nights, so everybody gets dressed up in costume, since we have time to do it now."
JH: "That's awesome."
EB: "Why not?"
KM: "Why not, you know? And it's - we're all so - like Katie said, we're all a bit stir-crazy, but we're finding ways to stay connected and to - to reconnect, even with people that we haven't spoken to in years, because life has been so busy. The universe has a way of re-equalizing and kind of healing itself, and I think part of it is just telling us to slow down and appreciate the things that really matter."

-- Some talk about what everyone's been binge-watching (and other quarantine activities) and what they've learned about themselves while in quarantine. For example, KM learned that she's a very social creature and that she needs sunshine or else she doesn't feel normal. KC is thinking of shaving her head.

-- EB: "Any final messages to fans before we sign off?"
KC: "We love you. We appreciate you. Thank you for all of your support over the years. You are the best fans in the entire world and we would not be where we were if it wasn't for you."
KM: "Yeah, absolutely. Just the biggest 'thank you' for welcoming us into the fandom, for coming on this journey with us, and for being as much a part of it as we all are."
JH: "Yeah, you guys are the best fans in the world, and we feel your love and support, whether we are in quarantine or out in the world, it's a language that we can continue to speak and we can continue to connect, so, uh, it's really, really beautiful, and we appreciate you guys."

-- EB: "What would the Canaries be doing in the pandemic right now? How would they be giving back and helping out?"
KC: "Well, I think the way we sort of all are. We're kind of allow - I think, you know, I've seen Kat and Jules on instagram and stuff like - we're in the same boat as everybody, you know. We're all - that's what's so interesting about this coronavirus and this time. It's forcing us all to realize, we're all just human beings. We're the same. We're all, you know, practicing safety and hopefully, you know, people are staying home. And I think that being role models and demonstrating that. You know, I've been putting up videos of, like, how to be clean and, you know, working out, how to sort of makeshift your home into the gym and, you know, just trying to stay positive."
KM: "I think Mia would be losing her mind, going stir-crazy. But, uh, she might see if William could re-jig the Green Arrow suit and make it, uh - have some sort of a preventative mask, where she could go vigilante-ing at night."
JH: "Dinah would be, like, on her motorcycle, shooting, like, custom-made masks out of a marshmallow gun into people's houses."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

From near the end of this podcast, shortly after the 1:21:40 mark (fyi, the awards nominees and winners are listed in the Golden Arrow thread)...

Watchover with Jen and Calli
Watchover Ep 75 - The Golden Fern Awards

April 22, 2020
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/watchover-with-jen-and-calli/e/69045478

-- Jen: "Real quick, I asked Marc, uh, the question. So I asked him if Sara and JJ were twins. And yes, they are twins. So that's your answer on that. Uh, there was going to be a line about it in the, uh, crossover, but it got cut."

-- Jen: "What was the other thing? Oh, I clearly explained to him in great detail that he was wrong about Felicity being in on the plan in 223, because she clearly wasn't in on the plan. Hence, her shock when Oliver gave her the syringe. You know. I ran it down for him in about two paragraphs. And he very patiently read it and agreed. So - (Laughs) ... So he saw where I was coming from and he agreed... He read both ways. So there you go."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

From TooFab's interview with KM, KC and JH on April 21...

The Women of 'Arrow' Reflect on Final Season | toofab
TooFab  Apr. 23, 2020

-- Brian Particelli (TooFab): "For you guys, looking back at the final season, going into it, what were your emotions like? And then, versus, you know, at the very last day, once they called 'cut' on your scene?"
KM: "I mean, the final season was really special, because we had these ten episodes that were kind of encapsulated and, as we got the script, we instantly realized that each one was a sort of love letter to a certain aspect or character or world that made Arrow what it is. And so each episode was sort of a little chapter of saying goodbye. And I finally got to work with Stephen this season. Watching him say good-bye to these guest stars and these sets and these characters and these parts of his character in this world that have been created, really really special."
JH: "Very well said."
KC: "Yeah. I think I also feel like a sense of pride for - like, I'm so proud of everyone because everyone's grown so much from, you know, Season 1 to Season 8. But also, you know, in terms of, like, the crew and some of the assistants who've become writers, who've become producers, who've become showrunners, who - you know, to see all these people, who are such great creative people, accomplish so much... And, you know, for other actors, like, it's just - I don't know, it's so - it's just so cool to watch. It's a really amazing experience. So, grateful."
JH: "Grateful from beginning to end."

-- BP: "What was your favorite part about working together on [the "Green Arrow and the Canaries" episode] and also the most challenging?"
KM: "I think, for me, they were sort of one and the same. You know, we worked together for almost two years now, kind of establishing these characters and these relationships. And then, when the world is reset, Mia now has two lifetimes, really, two sets of memories, two sets of, uh, relationships that she is dealing with, and - and two skill sets. You know, we saw her as such a strong, badass fighter before, and then now she has an entirely different sensibility - she has social skills, but she's not a fighter. And now getting to blend those two together and - and play with that aspect of what instincts take over at what moments was really fun, but also a challenge in a way."
KC: "Yeah, I think it - I think it was, you know, for every show, this show has to find its - find its footing, you know, find out - and I think, when you do a backdoor pilot like that, we - I think it was interesting because you want it to feel like it lives in the same world and it has the same aesthetic as Arrow, but yet you want it to live in its own world and be able to stand on its own two feet as a separate show that's fresh. So finding the balance, I think, between that was - is tricky and can be, but I feel like we did a really good job at - you know, it's a fine line and I feel like we did find it. We found, um, a balance and - but it was really fun, also, just to work with, like, such awesome, cool women and - and everyone was so supportive and excited to be there. And it was just - it was great."
JH: "My answer is the same as Katie's. Like, making it our own show but keeping this, like, essence of Arrow, was, like, that line of, this is really f**kin' fun - sorry if I can't curse... and like, this is really challenging. Like is this - like, what is the aesthetic? What is the color scheme? What are we doing? But then, when it all came together, it was so beautiful. I was so proud of it, you guys."
KC: "Yeah. I love you guys."
JH: "I love you guys. I'm proud."

'Arrow' Stars Offer Spinoff Update, Dream Costars | toofab
TooFab  Apr. 23, 2020

-- Brian Particelli (TooFab): "Have any of you heard anything? Have there been any sort of conversations about what it could be?"
KM: "No. The world is so topsy turvy right now that no one knows what is happening or what the world is going to look like in a few months... I'm just leaving it up to the universe and we'll see what happens."
KC: "I'd like to think I have a little bit of clairvoyance-y. So I do feel like, to me - this is just how I feel - before I was like, 'I don't know, I don't know.' And yet now there's this time in this world, and who knows when, but I feel pos - I feel, it feels good to me, for whatever reason. Again, I don't know what to say... And, yes, the universe, I feel like, is working for us - everyone. I mean, I know there's tragedy happening, but the - I don't know, I think it's like - ultimately I hope - and I think that it'll be good for the longevity and overall... planet."
BP: "I also think that having you three doing this press has to say something, hopefully." (Crosses fingers)
JH: "I know. That thought did cross my mind... I'm looking for clues everywhere, just like everybody else."

-- BP: "Is there something from, that you weren't able to do on Arrow, that you would love the chance to do, should the show get the go-ahead?"
KM: "I think the spinoff provides a lot of opportunities to keep building the relationships that we started in Arrow, bring them over. Relationships like - we have so many badass women in this world, whether it's Nyssa al Ghul or bring, you know, Caity Lotz over. Or bring over any, you know, anybody the characters - especially Mia has such a great relationship with Barry Allen. You know, let's bring all of that together. But also we have this chance to make a new fresh team. We've got, you know, the three of us. And then there's William, who kind of has the Felicity angle. And we have all of these other people that we can bring in to create a new team, where it still has - as Katie was saying - you have that same energy and that same vibe of the original show. That dark, that grit, all of that - and yet it's something fresh that audiences can sort of relive what they love so much."
KC: "Yeah. I think that there's an interesting layer, too, to see what it took - what these characters went through when we meet them in 2040. What happened in that time. And also what like with Laurel and Black Siren and - and her redemption and becoming a hero - what does that look like on other Earths? What does she look like - what's her story on her other Earths? There's still room to explore that. And it's the same for all these other characters. That's what so cool about our show. There's so much room for exploration and that."

-- BP: "Are there, you know, OG cast members or characters you would love to see in the future? You know, this is 20 years later, what that could mean for any of them is wild to consider, I think."
JH: "I want Mr. Terrific."
KM: "Yes! ... Let's bring Mayor Rick back."
JH: "Would you say, Katie?"
KC: "I love Mayor Rick, but Mr. Terrific."
JH: "Mr. Terrific!"
KM: "And we got to bring Uncle Roy back."
BP: "That'd be interesting."
KC: "Malcolm Merlyn."
KM: "Yeah."
JH: "Yes. Uncle Roy. Malcolm Merlyn. Definitely Nyssa. I want Nyssa and I want White Canary."
BP: "That'd be great."
JH: "And Oliver Queen."
KM: "We love our people."
BP: "As you should."
KC: "Felicity. Hello?"
KM: "Well, yes. Of course, I mean, we got to - we would love to see Mama Smoak back as well."
JH: "Oh, my God. Just - can we just have the same cast back?"
BP: "Just everyone... but in a different capacity."
KM: "That'd be great."
JH: "That is my dream for the show, is to have everyone come back, even if it's for a scene, just to revisit. Like, also, to give them full freedom to be like, how to do you want to be now? Like, just have it be really open and collaborative."
KM: "Well, the world's reset. You know, Crisis on Infinite Earths set the reset button." 

-- BP: "If you could throw any DC character into the mix for Green Arrow and the Canaries, who would you love to see?"
KM: "Margot Robbie." (Laughs)
JH: "Yeah."
KM: "Margot Robbie and Michelle Pfeiffer, maybe?"
KC: "Yeah, Catwoman. Um... I would want to play Catwoman. I have a lot of cats."
KM: "We need Ruby as well."
JH: "Yeah, we need Batwoman. I feel like... it's possible She's already in our universe. I really want her on our show."

How the Stars of 'Arrow' Are Staying Sane In Quarantine | toofab
TooFab  Apr. 23, 2020

-- Brian Particelli (TooFab): "What are doing to stay sane during all of this?"
KM: "A lot of working out. Um, experimental baking... And, uh, staying in touch with people. I have a - I have a game night group that usually meets in person, but now we do it Zoom Mafia, and having, like, theme nights where we all dress up. We did a Stagecoach theme a few weeks ago because we weren't at Stagecoach. (Laughs) It's been fun."
KC: "Yeah, I was just - yeah, I've been - I mean, I've actually been at home since February - I haven't left since February 25th... because I got really sick right after coming back from Vancouver for like 48 hours. Um, I did not get the virus - or haven't had it. Um, but - anyway - so I sorta - I stayed in because I wasn't feeling well, but - so it's been quite awhile. However, I seem to make it work, like, working out from here, but, um, getting, you know, more in touch with my creative side. I went in, like, total isolation for a few weeks, but now, you know, cert - there's certain people, like - I think everyone sort of creates their own teeny tiny group of people, whether it's, like, okay, well, social - social distance, but maybe, you know, you still will wear your mask if you have to walk your dog with your neighbor who lives upstairs, you know, like, we literally will be like, hey, eight feet away, going with masks and gloves, But I think everyone being safe and practicing is good."
JH: "Um, I - yeah. This is a - this is a crazy time. I think there's - I mean, obviously, ultimately, it's really scary, and, like, it makes me - we really have some changes to make. And, um, a lot of people are being affected in really scary ways. Um, I've been really blessed to, like, enjoy this time, like, not knowing. And, like, embrace - uh, just embrace what's happening and try to make the best of it. I've, you know, been cooking a lot and, um, not working out as much as I want to, but it's been just very peaceful. I can't - like, I'm not beating myself up about anything... But stuff like this is amazing. Like, I think I actually really like doing interviews like this."
BP: "I was going to say, it does feel kinda odd to be doing promotion all of this, but it's necessary and, I think, we need to do it, you guys need to do it. The world is still moving around us."
KM: "Yeah -"
KC: "Hopefully, it makes people feel, you know, like people are bored and they want [unintelligible words]... content is fun, you know, and it's like everyone's doing their best. So let's try to, like, all be positive and, you know, keep each other uplifted, because it gets hard, you know, Groundhog's Day... [unintelligible words] what day of the week is it, half the time, [unintelligible words]."
KM: "Days start to blend together. But, you know, all the more reason to go back and binge your favorite shows or maintain some sense of normalcy."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

It's ironic that the same week that SA is publicly bringing up the Stemily rumours, an interview with EBR drops in which she talks about maintaining boundaries and not over-sharing:

So you have a massive Insta-presence but your whole vibe is very natural and un-forced. You’re not trying to edit or product place anything, which is really cool. How did that kind of unfold to being such? Is it literally through the role of Felicity?

I’m like a middle millennial because I’m 27. I had Instagram before my work popularity grew. Through my Instagram, I try to not overexpose some of my friends and attempt to avoid over-sharing. I keep things private, I don’t put up a ton about my family and my home. I wish I did more, actually. But I’ve always thought about Instagram as hopefully being the photo album that I have when I’m older and the photos that I really like, I want to see later and again. Physical photos are really important to me. My apartment is covered with some more personal photos and polaroids.

I struggle with Instagram as a work platform quite a bit. I wonder if I should have a personal account and a work account but I try to make my life a little simpler. I don’t have Facebook, I’m rarely on Twitter. But I don’t know, it’s almost like over-exposure to me sometimes. There’s positives and negatives, as with anything of course!

• Love 3

That interview is a year old, I think, but it's probably my favorite one of hers. And it sums up why she's the most level-headed cast member while also being the youngest. Goes to show that maturity isn't always about age. If you're in the industry for the art, make your projects the only thing people talk about. It's pretty simple. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

From TooFab's interview with KM, KC and JH on April 21...

'Arrow' Stars Offer Spinoff Update, Dream Costars | toofab
TooFab  Apr. 23, 2020

-- Brian Particelli (TooFab): "Have any of you heard anything? Have there been any sort of conversations about what it could be?"

KM: "No. The world is so topsy turvy right now that no one knows what is happening or what the world is going to look like in a few months... I'm just leaving it up to the universe and we'll see what happens."

KC: "I'd like to think I have a little bit of clairvoyance-y. So I do feel like, to me - this is just how I feel - before I was like, 'I don't know, I don't know.' And yet now there's this time in this world, and who knows when, but I feel pos - I feel, it feels good to me, for whatever reason. Again, I don't know what to say... And, yes, the universe, I feel like, is working for us - everyone. I mean, I know there's tragedy happening, but the - I don't know, I think it's like - ultimately I hope - and I think that it'll be good for the longevity and overall... planet."

Bless you, @tv echo, for sitting through that word salad and saving us.

The contrast between Kat's succinct answer and KC's rambling mess is so stark. No wonder they never do interviews together. 

• Love 2

KC: "I'd like to think I have a little bit of clairvoyance-y............

........I know there's tragedy happening, but the - I don't know, I think it's like - ultimately I hope - and I think that it'll be good for the longevity and overall... planet."

If you did you would know not to say this dumb shit! I worry about the overall health of the planet too, but not at the expense of a whole bunch of people dying, losing their jobs, and small businesses drying up left and right. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Josh Segarra was the guest on April 23 (beginning at around the 11:35 mark)...

-- JS is in Queens with his family (wife, 2 kids, sister). 

-- Drew Harding (SA's Nocking Point partner) first met JS at SummerSlam. JS knew Colin Donnell before he met SA on the Arrow set. JS was there and saw CD when SA participated in SummerSlam, but SA didn't know that until later. Also some talk about JS being at the All In wrestling event and SA asking him to walk out with him. JS said that Cody Rhodes made him feel welcome. JS acted like a total wrestling fan.

-- Some Survivor talk: both SA and JS are watching this season. (Additional guest was Danielle Nath, a former Survivor contestant.)

-- More wrestling talk.

-- Finally some Arrow talk! (45:20 mark) SA asked JS what was his fondest memory.
JS: "Ah, man. I have a lot of good memories out there, man. You know. You know a lot of them. We reminisced. But I - you asking me right now. You didn't tell me you were asking this, so this is good. Right off the dome, I remember sitting on that lake during the finale. We had been - we had been doin' our fight for... I mean, we probably did that fight on that boat, you know, numerous takes, man. Numerous. Because they were coverin' for a lot of angles. And it was so fun to be in the zone, because we would (Makes punching sound with fists) go, man. And we would take care of each other and put each other through that gauntlet of making sure that we - that everything we'd been building towards towards the finale to come together. And then we - 'Cut!' And then I remember me and you sitting on the sides of the boat, just in the middle of - remind me, what lake was that? Where were we?"
SA: "I have absolutely no idea."
JS: "There were some mountains. It was like this gorgeous, picturesque mountain range, and we were on a lake... We drove a little bit, so we were about an hour out from home, you know. Man, it was just - I remember that... I think, too, man, it was a culmination for us. I think - I remember being really proud of what we had built. And we didn't even know what it looked like yet, because obviously we were just shooting it. But I remember just feeling, you know, just, okay, man, let's bring this - let's bring this thing home. We're in the red zone now, you know. [Some unintelligible words] I remember that. First thing that pops into my head."
SA: "Big Dog, I don't know if you know this, but shooting on the water? Not easy. Right? ... Things could've gone real bad. If it was sunny, that would've f**ked with lighting a lot. If it was windy - we had to get it done. We had one day to get it done. And Josh, I don't know if you know this, um, also, there's a great photo of us sitting on the boat that, frankly, we should probably [unintelligible words]."
JS: "Oh, of course. I have that photo. I love that photo."
SA: "But, um... At the beginning of the day, I - I grabbed our director, I grabbed the fight - the stunt coordinator, um, and the first assistant director. And I don't know if you were on set yet. And I said, 'Listen, guys, um, I know that you want your drone shots and I know that we want to play the stunts and I know you want to get all the, like, cool visual stuff. But if, at the end of the day we're fightin' with the sun going down, you guys are rushing me and Josh through our coverage of the actual, ultimate ending piece?' I go, 'I'm going to kill everyone on this set. You understand?' (Laughs) And they're like, 'Yeah, you got it.' Because - I mean, honestly, you can get all the drone shots you want, but that day lived here (Gestures to his head) and there (Gestures toward camera), right?"

-- SA: "I wouldn't say that you - that your method is the wrong way, but you, on set, you get fired up, you really do. (JS laughs) ... When it's a quiet moment, right, and when you're just sort of, you know - um, before we knew that Adrian Chase was the bad guy, and you and I were just having nice exchanges, uh, you know, you're easygoing. But when Josh has to get fired up, in a very professional way he gets fired up. And there was this great scene where it was, I think, in the penultimate episode where he says, 'See you on the island.' And we're out at Boundary Bay, wherever the airport's called out there, and he's about to take off in a helicopter, chasing after him. It's three o' clock in the morning. It's legitimately, legitimately pissing rain outside. And Josh has to get in the helicopter and he slams the door, and the guy that owns the helicopter goes, 'Hey! Don't slam the door.' And Josh - I thought Josh might tear this man's head off." (Laughs)
Drew: "What'd you say to him? Don't ever talk like that to him again?"
JS: "Man, it's so funny... It's funny you remember that, man, because - because - because, to his defense, to this gentleman's defense, man, they had just told us - they had just told us, 'Be gentle with the helicopter.' ... Like, we don't own this helicopter, obviously, guys. We're shooting a television show, okay? 'Just do me a favor, Josh. Be gentle with the helicopter.' Alright? So it's three in the morning and we're in this warehouse and, like Steve says, it's pissin' rain, man. And we're goin' and it is me tellin' him - I'm in handcuffs and 'whoa,' the camera's here and I'm tellin' him, like, 'I'll see ya.' You know, it's like, 'yeah, yeah,' basically, 'come get this,' you know. And he's lookin' at me, and we had just gone toe to toe, fightin' on the carmac. And I get up and I - and the line is, I get up in the helicopter and Iook at him and I go, 'I'll see you on the island.' Off I go. Alright? Well. 'I'll see you on the island.' Boom! And I slam that door to the helicopter. I thought I owned that, bro. All I hear from the outside - because picture 50, 60 crew, all covered up in tarps, in the rain, holding boom mics... And I slam it and all I hear is this - the gentleman go, 'I asked you not to slam the door!' And he did not know that he was not talkin' to Josh. He did not know that he was talkin' to Prometheus at the time. (Everyone laughs) And - and when he said, 'I asked you to please be gentle with the helicopter,' I was like, 'No, sir! No. Sir. Okay! I - I thought it was necessary for the scene, sir!' So then our AD - our AD steps in and he's like, 'Josh...' 'No, sir, I thought it was necessary for the scene!' Full-on actor mode. Like, 'I thought it was necessary for the scene. Why do we have helicopters if we can't use it as a prop, okay? Why do we have this if I cannot use it as a prop?!' And he's like, 'Josh, man, I get it. You know, like, let's just - let's just do it again.' 'Alright! Let's just do it again, and I'm going to be very gentle with the helicopter, sir!' ... I became like a 6-year-old kid inside of a 30-year-old man, like, Method actor, who's mad that, like, his toy was being talked about. And it was - it was hilarious, bro. It was hilarious... Later on, I came home that night and I was like, 'Babe, they told me not to be mean to the helicopter and I was - I was rough with the helicopter.' Right? It just - it just stayed with me, bro. So I watch that scene and I love it, because it's this - it's this (Makes curled fingers gestures with his hands) ... And all I think about is, like, I hope that guy's alright, you know, like, I hope I didn't break anything, you know. Oh, man."
SA: "That was one of the f**kin' funniest stories we've ever heard."

-- SA told JS that, whenever he's asked who his favorite villain on Arrow is, he always says him.

ETA: I usually love Josh Segarra, but I didn't find a story about possible property damage due to Method acting all that hilarious. If anything, I thought that both he and SA came across as entitled.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The contrast between Kat's succinct answer and KC's rambling mess is so stark. No wonder they never do interviews together. 

I think the group dynamics are interesting in these recent interviews. JH often hangs back and sometimes has to be invited into the conversation. KC and KM dominate the discussions. It sometime seems like they are competing for talk time.

Unfortunately for KC, I think KM came across better. When KC talks, her thoughts seem to meander and she doesn't always stay on point. And when she is not the one talking, she appears unhappy and sometimes acts distracted (or maybe it's because she has a RBF, which is not her fault). It may be that she just has a more introverted personality.

KM is more articulate and she always manages to appear cheerful and attentive, even when other people are talking. Ever since she came onto my radar when she joined Arrow, KM has impressed me with her social media savvy. When she joined Arrow, she immediately recognized that she was joining an established cast and the significance of her character. She acknowledged the popularity of Olicity and the contributions of SA and EBR in almost every interview. Even though she was coming from starring in a show with a devoted and active fandom (Shadowhunters), she did not come in to Arrow acting like a diva. Now in interviews, she often mentions Ben Lewis as William because she knows how popular he's become to fans. Also, in these recent interviews, she knew that they were there (at least in part) to promote the S8 dvd/blu-ray, so she made a point of doing that. And like EBR, KM presents a very happy personality.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I usually love Josh Segarra, but I didn't find a story about possible property damage due to Method acting all that hilarious. If anything, I thought that both he and SA came across as entitled.

I think JS came off much better because he seemed genuinely remorseful, whereas SA still thinks it was hilarious. The bits about Arrow encapsulated everything I think SA is doing wrong with these videos. He keeps telling stories about how terrible his behavior is on set like it's funny (telling the director, stunt coordinator and 1st AD in a really serious tone that if things don't go his way "I'm going to kill everyone on this set. You understand?"), contrasted with JS' story about the one time he slammed a helicopter door too hard and how he still looks back guiltily on that. (His disappointed voice when he went home that night and said "Babe, they told me not to be mean to the helicopter and I was - I was rough with the helicopter" slayed me.)

The oversharing and Stemily talk was bad but I kind of get it because they were on the topic of internet trolls and that's a weird, crappy thing that SA has to deal with. But this? Volunteering stories about how you're a mercurial, domineering presence on set when you're a working actor whose next gig is suddenly up in the air?! What is he doing??

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Trisha said:

But this? Volunteering stories about how you're a mercurial, domineering presence on set when you're a working actor whose next gig is suddenly up in the air?! What is he doing??

I think it's because he's a nice guy but also an asshole, so he's incapable of identifying which asshole behavior he should not share, because most of his behavior is asshole behavior so it's just a regular Tuesday to him. 

• Love 3

I just posted in the Starling City Times thread here a new TVLine interview with KC, which I found very illuminating into KC's mindset - here are some noteworthy KC quotes from that interview...

"I as a performer do my best work when I streamline through the episode, when they write for me and I can really immerse myself in the world every day. That’s when you’re going to get the best performance, when I’m actually living it."

[tv echo translation: "My acting performance suffered after Season 1 because you gave me much less screen time and de facto demoted me to supporting player."]

"Given what happened with this Laurel and her Tommy on Earth-Two…."

[tv echo translation: "Give my spinoff the green light if you want to know this backstory."]

"I liked it when it was Stephen and I partnering up [early in the final season], that was cool and fun for me. I wished there was more of that, I wished we saw more of that.  And I think that with the spinoff that could be a possibility."

[tv echo translation: "It should've been Stephen and I partnering up throughout all eight seasons of Arrow. If the spinoff goes forward, you might see an alternate Earth where Laurel and Oliver are the OTP." (Combine this TVLine quote with KC's quote about E2 Laurel in the TooFab interview posted upthread: "What does she look like - what's her story on her other Earths?")]

"So getting the part, and getting sort of knocked down, and then getting the part - because like I wasn’t the Black Canary when I thought at first I was, and then I wasn’t, and then I was, and then I got killed off, and then I was alive again."

[tv echo translation: "Ha, ha. you jerked me around, but I got the last laugh."]

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

KIDS FIRST! interview with Beth Schwartz, KM, KC and JH...

Watch Calista B.'s interviews talent and show runner from Arrow: The Eighth and Final Season
KIDS FIRST!   Apr. 22, 2020

-- Calista B. (KIDS FIRST!): "I'm here with, uh, Katie Cassidy, playing Black Canary, Juliana J., also playing Blac - Juliana Harkavy - I got confused because of the screen name... well, Juliana Harkavy, also playing Black Canary, Katherine McNamara, playing both Blackstar and Green Arrow, and Beth Schwartz, the showrunner. How are you all doin' today?"
JH: "Great. Thank you."
KM: "Well, you know, just quarantining and keeping motivated."

-- CB: "Since the show is almost coming to an end, what is your guys' feelings on that? Because, you know, eight seasons, eight years, that's a lot of time."
KC: "Well, um, it's - it's bittersweet. Um, it's - it's been such an incredible, you know, eight years and it's been such a wonderful, amazing journey and, you know, I'm so grateful for all of it. It's also really exciting because, um, of the potential spinoff, uh, which is - you know, in a way it adds to the story, but it also is fresh and, you know, you don't necessarily had to have watched Arrow in order to come into this show, which - which is nice, uh, so it's exciting. It's - it's - it's fun and I hope we get picked up."
KM: "Yeah, you know, having coming into this show - or having come into the show in Season 7, I knew what a legacy the show already had, and, you know, being able to jump in and - and being so welcomed by Beth and everyone else, and being given such a highly anticipated character to bring to life that's based off of two characters that have such a rich history on their own and together, it's been such a journey and such a wonderful ride. But, you know, we're so grateful to the cast and crew and also to the fans for finishing out this journey with us."
JH: "Yeah, the end for me has been bittersweet, but ultimately I think we ended in a really great place. We kinda went out with a bang, uh, you know. We didn't wait to fizzle out. We went while we still had momentum and, like Katie just said, you know, this prospect of a - of the show continuing in a - in a way makes it a little bit easier and keeps it really exciting."
Beth: "Yeah. I agree with everything that they said. Um, I've been there since the beginning and, um, it's been such an incredible experience and, uh, working with all these amazing actors and the crew and the writers. Um, and I'm very proud of how we ended the show."

-- CB: "Katie, you mentioned a spinoff, which I've actually also heard about when doing research for this interview. Do you think you can tell us a little bit about the spinoff, as much as you can, considering there's probably a contract or something?"
KC: "It was part of Season 8, episode 9, and it is an incredible, fun, you know, filled with action, female, strong, three, you know, female women, um, kicking ass, which we love, and, you know, it's fresh, but I think it's interesting because it's set in the future and it's interesting to see where these characters what's happened to them also in between this time in this space and how they get to where they're at now, and I think it's just another, you know, platform for more stories to be told. And, um, you know, like, I keep saying 'fresh,' but it did, like, after it aired to me, it felt really fresh, really fun, and the fans really seemed to love it. So I'm really excited about it."
KM: "Yeah. We had a lot of fun shooting it. You know, it provides a lot for all of our characters to do, moving forward after the Crisis On Infinite Earths, with the whole reset of the world, you know, given each of us has an end and a beginning within this. You know, with Mia, she's got now two sets of memories, two lifes that she's lived, and two sets of instincts, that she's now combining and learning how to expand her tool set even farther."
JH: "Hmm."
CB: "That's nice to hear."
Beth: "Oh, I was just gonna say, I think, for me, like, what makes it so special is, um, I know, in Season 7 we thought, you know, with the introduction of Kat's character and, um, then in our present day story, we just found, for the first time, I think, on the show, how well the scenes with all our women were and - and there was something super special about it that it took a long time for and I remember - I can't remember if it was Katie or Juliana or someone - it could've been Emily - who had texted me saying, 'This is the first time all three of us have been in a scene together without any of the guys.' And I was like, 'What? Is that true?' (Laughs) And I was really proud of it and, um, the fans seemed to really like that. And I think that's also something that's been [unintelligible word-off?] we explored is all these female relationships, and they're running the show now, which I love."
JH: "It's dope."
KC: "And I think there's all ladies here."

-- CB: "Are any of the actors here planning on taking any props?"
KC: "Hold, please." (Hops off chair and goes out of frame)
JH: "Everybody show what you've stolen."
Beth: "My props are in my office that I can't get to."
KM: "I didn't take anything that wasn't given to me."
JH: "I did." (Laughs)
Beth: "I stole the hōzen, which is, again, in my office at Warner Brothers, because the hōzen always had, like, a special, special place in my heart. I always brought it back in every season. I'm like, here's a story for the hōzen to come back."
JH (laughing): "You stole the hōzen?"
KM: "And then I specifically made sure our nails looked nice after a few episodes because we knew that we'd hold the hōzen."
JH: "Yeah, your nails were always on point."
KC (returning): "Here's the Black Canary jacket that I was killed in." (Holds up black jacket)
CB: "That's really cool."
KC: "Marc Guggenheim did give me permission, Beth."
Beth: "I don't care."
KC: "Yes, I have it."
Beth: "I also have the island bow, which again is in my office, because I loved all the - I loved all the flashbacks in Season 1, which - I think the first thing I actually wrote on the show was an island flashback, [unintelligible word] we called it 'Arrow Chicken,' where he had to kill the chicken. Um, that was the first time he killed something. So I always had a special place in my heart."
KM (holding up a green-fletched arrow): "The props department gave me an arrow. Then I tried to give it back to them, but they wouldn't let me."
JH: "Oh, I love that. I have, um - I have a bo staff... Um, but there were like - there were many bo staffs. So it wasn't like one specific, you know - uh, and I think I was actually given it in training, so I didn't really steal it."
Beth: "I definitely have to give the hōzen back for the spinoff, though. I can't keep it forever."

-- CB: "What are your guys' favorite DC superhero, but to the actors, can we do a character other than the one you play, 'cause I feel that would be kinda biased?"
KM: "I just love the character of Oliver Queen because he is such a dichotomy in and of itself. There's something that makes DC so special is all these characters have such dark, gritty, tragic backstories, and even the heroes, so they all kind of have their own burdens to overcome. And Oliver Queen just goes right up in there. But, um, aside from that, I - gosh, there's so many characters - I've always had an affinity for Batgirl... 'cause I grew up as a ginger-hair, I don't know."
KC: "Catwoman, man? Um, also I have a lot of cats... But also Michelle Pfeiffer, when she played Catwoman."
JH: "I have to say Wonder Woman... And Batman."
Beth: "I'm kind of a new fan of Harley Quinn, who I didn't know really about until - until I started working on Arrow. And obviously Margot Robbie is just so awesome as Harley Quinn, so I'm kinda obsessed with her character right now."
CB: "Yeah, fun fact: Black Canary has always been one of my favorite DC heroes."
JH: "Yay."
KC: "Yeah.
CB: "So I was very much interested when I learned that I was, uh, going to be interviewing, uh, two Black Canaries. And I also have had this - (Shows Black Canary doll)  for awhile now. I don't know how long I've had it for, actually. Um, it'll never be taken out of the box."

-- CB: "What are your guys' opinions on Comic-Con and also 'cause it unfortunately got canceled this year?"
KM: "Yeah. I mean, it's so sad because it is - Comic-Con's always one of my favorite - you know, whether it's New York Comic Con or San Diego Comic Con or, you know, the ones that I've gotten to do kind of all over the world now - it's such a special thing because, not only is everyone there to work and to promote whatever projects or to meet fans or to do things like this, but we're also there as fans. So inevitably you'll always bump into somebody that you've always looked up to for years and - and everybody's there to just celebrate these stories that we get to tell and have a good time. So hopefully they'll find a way to do some semblance of it, virtually or even just to - to reschedule it, once the world heals. But it's - it's one of these things that, you know, it's important because we all have to be safe, but, yeah, it's an unfortunate consequence."
CB: "Yeah. I definitely feel that, like, you know, of course, obviously, it's necessary and I understand why, because it is a con, it is a big event, and lots of people, but also at the same time it's like, you know, it's fun, like."
Beth: "Yeah, I'm hoping they'll come up with something like this, like a Zoom - Zoom panels. I'm pretty sure they'll do something, because, um, you know, a lot of people are stuck at home and want to be entertained and - and also it's a tough time for so many people for all sorts of reasons. And, um, being connected with the shows that you like and - and - and with other people, I think, is super important right now while we're all isolated. And that is - like Kat was saying, it's such a time for everyone to come together and celebrate what they've been working on and for fans to be able to, like, actually one-on-one speak with people that they admire. And so I'm assuming they will do something like this."
JH: "That'd be awesome."
KC: "That would be so, so cool."
Beth: "If not, we'll do it... We'll make our own."

-- CB: "I was wondering if there are any up-and-coming projects, aside from the spinoff, which we've already talked about. Like, do you guys have anything new planned, um, after this?"
KC: "I, um - I actually am going to be - well, at some point - directing my first film."
CB: "Oh!"
KC: "Which I'm really excited about. I haven't really - I haven't given away too much information yet, but it's a raunchy comedy and, um, it takes - I think I can say, it's called Daddy Issues. Um, and I plan to be shooting here in Los Angeles and we'll - I don't know when."
KM:"Well, right after Arrow wrapped up, I actually stayed in Vancouver for awhile and shot a mini-series for Stephen King's The Stand. So that should be - we finished shooting before the quarantine happened, so it's supposed to come out later this year, which, um, it's such a - the production is so fantastic and just as a - as a Stephen King fan, I think people will appreciate it."
JH: "Um, I have been growing a vegetable garden. Thank you. (Laughs) I have many an arugula."
CB: "Do you have any plans for that vegetable garden?"
JH (laughing): "Yes, I'm going to film them all as they grow and release them on Youtube."
Beth: "I will be watching that."
JH (still laughing): "Yes. Joined by millions, I'm sure."
KM: "Gee, I would watch that."
JH: "I actually would watch that, too."
Beth: "I'm gonna - I'll call you after, because I - I've been thinking of putting a little vegetable garden in our back yard."
KC: "Yes, and I [unintelligible words] herbs. I just [unintelligible word] some mint, so I want to learn. Can we do this for real?"
JH: "Yes. It's been so [unintelligible word]... It's very therapeutic."

Edited by tv echo

Beth: "Oh, I was just gonna say, I think, for me, like, what makes it so special is, um, I know, in Season 7 we thought, you know, with the introduction of Kat's character and, um, then in our present day story, we just found, for the first time, I think, on the show, how well the scenes with all our women were and - and there was something super special about it that it took a long time for and I remember -

I can't remember if it was Katie or Juliana or someone - it could've been Emily - who had texted me saying, 'This is the first time all three of us have been in a scene together without any of the guys.' And I was like, 'What? Is that true?' (Laughs) And I was really proud of it and, um, the fans seemed to really like that. And I think that's also something that's been [unintelligible word-off?] we explored is all these female relationships, and they're running the show now, which I love."

How sad that it took them that long. They had to get a female showrunner to get that kind of scene. I always wanted a Laurel/Thea/Felicity episode during S3-4. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

KC: "Well, um, it's - it's bittersweet. Um, it's - it's been such an incredible, you know, eight years and it's been such a wonderful, amazing journey and, you know, I'm so grateful for all of it. It's also really exciting because, um, of the potential spinoff, uh, which is - you know, in a way it adds to the story, but it also is fresh and, you know, you don't necessarily had to have watched Arrow in order to come into this show, which - which is nice,

KC has said this in several of the interviews-- does she not realize she's supposed to be promoting the Arrow DVDs and not the spinoff that technically doesn't exist yet? Not to mention how tasteless it is to answer a question about Arrow ending by promoting the spinoff and saying you don't even need to watch Arrow? 

KC: "It was part of Season 8, episode 9, and it is an incredible, fun, you know, filled with action, female, strong, three, you know, female women kicking ass

I've been more entertained by KC's interviews than any of her acting. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

KC has said this in several of the interviews-- does she not realize she's supposed to be promoting the Arrow DVDs and not the spinoff that technically doesn't exist yet? Not to mention how tasteless it is to answer a question about Arrow ending by promoting the spinoff and saying you don't even need to watch Arrow? 

I've been more entertained by KC's interviews than any of her acting. 

Arrow is over...everyone knows it....they all know they are there to promote the spin off as much as possible. There's no other sure fire way to scare a potential audience away by telling them "Yes! You need to watch these 8 seasons of Arrow to enjoy our possibly brand new show"

12 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Arrow is over...everyone knows it....they all know they are there to promote the spin off as much as possible. There's no other sure fire way to scare a potential audience away by telling them "Yes! You need to watch these 8 seasons of Arrow to enjoy our possibly brand new show"

The interview is primarily to sell the DVDs, so as I said, it's stupid to tell people that don't need to watch the show when you're supposed to be trying to sell the DVDs. Anyone watching the interview is going to be someone that watched Arrow anyway, so who exactly would be "scared off"?

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

KC has said this in several of the interviews-- does she not realize she's supposed to be promoting the Arrow DVDs and not the spinoff that technically doesn't exist yet?

I did laugh at how in the same interview of KM saying that being stuck inside gives you a chance to binge shows as a plug in for s8 and to rewatch the whole series (and promotes bloopers that aren't even on the special features--guess no one told KM how less than stellar the Arrow special features are-- and yet it still prompts a question about them), KC says that you don't need to watch Arrow. Like, I get promoting two things at the same time like that other interview where they all promoted future projects, so the spinoff questions are to be expected (probably even used by WB as a gauge for interest), but c'mon lol

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

The interview is primarily to sell the DVDs, so as I said, it's stupid to tell people that don't need to watch the show when you're supposed to be trying to sell the DVDs. Anyone watching the interview is going to be someone that watched Arrow anyway, so who exactly would be "scared off"?

I doubt WB/CW cares about them promoting the dvd, if they wanted to do that...they would've gotten a more well rounded cast instead of the 3 women that are doing a project together that the interviewers are going to focus on. And if its just people who've already watched the show then who cares what she says? They'll buy it regardless. 

1 hour ago, way2interested said:

I did laugh at how in the same interview of KM saying that being stuck inside gives you a chance to binge shows as a plug in for s8 and to rewatch the whole series (and promotes bloopers that aren't even on the special features--guess no one told KM how less than stellar the Arrow special features are-- and yet it still prompts a question about them), KC says that you don't need to watch Arrow. Like, I get promoting two things at the same time like that other interview where they all promoted future projects, so the spinoff questions are to be expected (probably even used by WB as a gauge for interest), but c'mon lol

KC could've just as easily promoted both the DVDs and the spinoff by saying "There was lots of BS in season 8, and if you loved that, you'll love the spinoff!" But that would require thinking about what to say and preparing for an interview, two things I doubt KC has ever done judging by the quality of her quotes over the years.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

KC could've just as easily promoted both the DVDs and the spinoff by saying "There was lots of BS in season 8, and if you loved that, you'll love the spinoff!" But that would require thinking about what to say and preparing for an interview, two things I doubt KC has ever done judging by the quality of her quotes over the years.

I don't think it's that. I think she's just extremely self serving and fairly basic in her thought process (as evidenced by the brilliant post regarding public transport). Her ability to make a buck depends on the new series. Like hell she's going to flog anything else.

• Love 5

I think this virtual press tour has been a lot about the spin off, either trying to sell it to the fans or sell the CW on the idea as final decisions are being made in the next couple of weeks remind everyone it exists in a very uncertain time. They sent these three out pretty much exclusively and no one else for a reason, because they're still under contract and have a stake in the future of the franchise. I mean no point trying to ask SA to do something right now, even if good DVD sales help his bottomline but DR or BL or JDJ would be professional and amusing as well. And BL and JDJ also have a stake in the future but they went with new GA and the Canaries because those are the headlines for the potential new series. 

That said I think KM usually comes off as more thoughtful and invested in promoting Arrow than KC does, talking about what an honour it was to come in to such a long running show and play such an important character and how she brought her to life. - She also does things like comment "My actual Parents" when TVGuide randomly tweets about the Olicity hiking pic when she doesn't have to. And also the possibility of continuing and the spin off. In these interviews KC often comes across as saying nonsense word salad like about her clairvoyance that the show will get picked up. And yeah like with a lot of things she talks about it's entirely about her and her character but that's the case even when she's talking about Arrow. And she really needs this spin off along with JH whilst KM has more options. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

I just can’t believe how bad KC still is at this. She’s had years of experience but she’s gotten worse. The thing about being a lead on a show like this is you represent a brand. That’s something that KM understands. I was super impressed when KM promoted the S8 DVD and mentioned you could jump right into the other Arrowverse shows too. She’s promoting Arrow, the Spinoff, her character and tossing a line out to other brand shows. All in a way that comes across natural. KC is promoting herself. Badly.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Featherhat said:

They sent these three out pretty much exclusively and no one else for a reason, because they're still under contract and have a stake in the future of the franchise.

This is true. No one else is currently under contract (and the main cast never really did many interviews to promote the DVDs even when they were). I think the main aim of the virtual press tour was to keep the spinoff in the press and top of mind and they used the DVD release as an excuse to get out there, but KM is the only one who seemed to understand the balance. 

Meanwhile, I like the season 4 defence. 4a is my fave half a season. 

• Love 3

Jason David Frank (JDF) had an instagram live chat with David Ramsey on April 24 (yesterday) - audio problems ruined the back half of this interview...

Jason David Frank Interviews David Ramsey, Arrow's Diggle!
steven alvarez  Apr. 24, 2020

-- JDF first played a video clip from the OTA panel* at the 2017 Heroes & Villains FanFest-San Jose, where a fan complained that, while she can handwave magic and people coming back from the dead, she can't handwave why no one ever comments on Diggle's attractiveness (when female characters are always commenting on Oliver's attractiveness), and DR responded by fake-fluffing back his hair and then saying, "I'll pay you later. Thank you."
JDF: "Yes. I was telling fans you were such a great guy for even trying, dude."
DR: "You know something? I heard all of that, and I'll pay you later."

(* You can watch video of that entire OTA panel here. This is the panel where, when asked who they would bring back if they could, DR said Baby Sara, SA said Tommy, and EBR said "Janina" or "Celina." It was a great panel to watch.)

-- Since both JDF and DR are martial artists, they talked martial arts for several minutes (training, instructors, fights, anecdotes, injuries). DR was torn between fighting and acting for awhile, but ultimately decided to stick with acting.

-- Audio problems made the rest of this interview difficult to hear or understand.

Edited by tv echo

ETA: Sorry, I missed that @lemotomato already posted this video above. Oh well, here's a transcription.

From C2E2 on Feb. 29, 2020 (before we all went into quarantine)...

Arrow Stars Give Cosplay Advice: Drink Lots of Water
Cosplay   Apr 24, 2020

-- Cosplay Central: "Do you guys remember the very first time you saw someone cosplay as your characters?"
EBR: "Oh yeah. Um, yeah, it was the classic Felicity look, the pink shirt, the black pencil skirt, and I remember thinking, 'wow, I wore that once.'"
SA: "I don't remember the first time that I saw someone cosplay as my character, but, um - oh, shoot, I totally lost my train of thought. It went away. It completely went away. I swear to God, I completely forgot what I was going to say. It'll come back... We'll come back to it."
EBR: "Before you said 'character,' I was gonna describe the first time I saw someone cosplaying something and it was at a con and it was Darth Vader on a razor scooter. And I filmed it, because I was like, 'what the f**k is happening?'"
CC: "Was there a reason why?"
EBR: "It was just Darth Vader just - (Mimes riding a scooter) It's in my brain. I'm sure it'll come up in my dreams multiple times before I die."
SA: "I saw someone cosplay as me one time. They wore exactly what I'm wearing right now."
EBR (laughing): "Is it me? Because I feel like I wear this on a regular basis. (Gestures to SA's outfit) Our - our wardrobes are similar."
SA: "Good."
CC: "The most comfy cosplay ever. I'm all for it."

-- CC: "If you had to give someone advice out there to cosplay as your Arrow characters, what would it be? What is the one pro tip?"
SA: "As my character? Drink water."
EBR: "Don't wear heels."
CC: "That's like life rules. It's not just cosplay."
EBR: "Yeah, I know, but, I mean, cosplay is playing life."
CC: "Sound bite."
(EBR looks at SA, who's smiling.)

-- CC: "What do you think it is about cosplay that creates such an incredible community like we have out there?"
EBR: " I mean, right? It's crazy. Um, I don't know. I think you - y'all get together and it's - it's something fun. It's not something you have to take, like, too seriously in the terms of like, this is a serious activity. It's like, I dedicate something full-heartedly and that brings you together with other people who are doing that. In anything that you're doing. Cosplay also happens to be super frickin' fun."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Trisha said:

This feels like a weird move but Ashton Kutcher does it so maybe he learned about it from him?

Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis own part of the company that runs the platform, so maybe it was an even business exchange for the wine collab lol 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Sounds like you basically give up your contact info to be put on a mailing list? Enjoy his future pleas to buy more wine, fans! 

Yeah basically it's a site that tricks you into thinking you might actually get into a personal conversation with your celebrity of choice but it's a way they can "connect" with you more easily so you don't miss exciting opportunities to buy, tickets, sponsored products, merchandise, random stuff via text that you otherwise might have missed if you didn't happen to be checking their twitter and insta accounts constantly. 

The S4 discussion posted up there is actually interesting and reasonable on everyone's parts. I don't adore 4A but I do like it pre crossover. 

The New Green Lantern had a conversation with the old Green/White Ranger (I feel like he and Sara might have an interesting meeting). 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1