Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

CM turned off the comments on her last IG post and did a video story saying they didn’t have a party last night but “we did get to see some friends from afar — from a distance of 6-8 ft across a parking lot. More than 6-8 ft.” Which would have been much more believable had Aisha not posted a video from the same room they were all in where you can hear CM, SA and his wife in the background.

SA is also sticking to that story. He posted a video with Drew talking about how he’s hungover because some friends came to Palm Springs for a celebration and they had a “social distancing evening.”

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Trisha said:

CM turned off the comments on her last IG post and did a video story saying they didn’t have a party last night but “we did get to see some friends from afar — from a distance of 6-8 ft across a parking lot. More than 6-8 ft.” Which would have been much more believable had Aisha not posted a video from the same room they were all in where you can hear CM, SA and his wife in the background.

SA is also sticking to that story. He posted a video with Drew talking about how he’s hungover because some friends came to Palm Springs for a celebration and they had a “social distancing evening.”

Plus, didn't their friend Emmet say he took that picture of Stephen's ass that he posted on Instagram? Did he get a shot into their living room with a telephoto lens or what? What a bunch of irresponsible, lying trash lol. I don't care if any of them get sick at this point - I hope Stephen's asthmatic daughter and any other person unfortunate enough to come in contact with them stays well. 

• Love 6

Meanwhile, I walk at 620 in the morning to avoid people, have anxiety attacks every time I go to the store or pick up takeout (which is like five times in 3 weeks) along with restarting my count of when I could have been exposed, in addition to living in a shitty 500 sq foot apartment. And with all that, I'm still grateful to have a job and am so far healthy because many of my friends and family can't say the same. Celebs are definitely showing their asses during this time, both good and bad. 

• Love 11
(edited)
12 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

Plus, didn't their friend Emmet say he took that picture of Stephen's ass that he posted on Instagram? Did he get a shot into their living room with a telephoto lens or what?

Yup. The pic is clearly from the same room (it’s the same carpet and laptop on the floor that is in AT and CM’s videos). Unless EH is lying about taking the pic, but seeing as you can hear them talking about AT wandering around in a wedding dress, I doubt it. Maybe they saw other friends like JW across a parking lot, but I’m pretty sure AT and EH we’re in their house.

I’ve said it for years but it shocks me that SA doesn’t have a crisis social media consultant on retainer.  My friend does that sort of work (where she’s not necessarily approving their everyday posts but she’s pulled in to strategize as soon as there’s a hint of backlash) and some of her clients are verified people with a lot less followers than him. Of course, I don’t know if he’s even aware of the backlash. CM obsessively reads the comments/replies but he might not. And it would mess with his belief that he’s a social media expert. I remember how he used to brag about never getting help for his FB page because he knew more than the “experts” - at the same time it took him months to figure out how to change his settings to get visitor posts to display correctly. 

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 5

Does it matter if he gets backlash?

People will just tell him off but I don't think he's famous enough for any fallout beyond people yelling at him on Twitter.

It doesn't seem like he's big enough for people to know who he is to boycott him.

For example none of my friends or family how who he is whereas if it were say Nicole Kidman partying during quarantine it would make the Aussie news and even my non English speaking mother would be like "Oh that Nicole is so bad. She's going to catch the virus!!!"

Just to clarify I have NOTHING against Nicole! Just made that up as an example of someone everyone I know, knows!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Yup. The pic is clearly from the same room (it’s the same carpet and laptop on the floor that is in AT and CM’s videos). Unless EH is lying about taking the pic, but seeing as you can hear them talking about AT wandering around in a wedding dress, I doubt it. Maybe they saw other friends like JW across a parking lot, but I’m pretty sure AT and EH we’re in their house.

Carina's excuses for this are the dumbest shit I've ever read. Her livestream with one of the Roswell cast members doesn't count as breaking quarantine because it happened in her own home (in New Mexico that she drove to after leaving the Amell's place, which she returned to after and counts it as one long ~quarantine) because she used a ton of hand sanitizer - did you sanitize your lungs too? The video Aisha posted of a streaming concert that looked like it was filmed at the Amell home was actually one Carina filmed and sent to her, like she couldn't take a video of her own since anyone could watch it from anywhere? 

At this point just admit that you and your friends are all dumbasses who don't care about rules instead of lying yourself into a pretzel to get out of people calling you out on being a dumbass. They will make any number of excuses to make what they're doing okay. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

People will just tell him off but I don't think he's famous enough for any fallout beyond people yelling at him on Twitter.

Now more than ever is the time for celebs to be extra, extra cautious about what they’re sharing on social because celebrity websites like People, Us Weekly, Daily Mail, etc still have to churn out content everyday - and celebs aren’t doing much right now so they’re looking for any angle and scraping the bottom of the barrel. Plus, there’s extra appetite currently for stories about stars being dumb when it comes to this crisis, which is why the screwups of Vanessa Hudgens, Evangeline Lilly, etc got so much play. Anyone with any sort of PR experience would be advising him of this right now, if he were smart enough to listen.

Besides, he gets a surprising amount of mainstream coverage by major outlets. People.com did articles on things like his podcast ep with Micheal Rosenbaum - and that was before there was a drought of celebrity news. 

• Love 1

Why would you even risk having friends over when your daughter is in a high risk category and young children have died? Because you're bored? Idiots. There's no way Carina can be perfectly sure she's 100% virus free even if the others swear they haven't been in contact with anyone in over 2 weeks. 

The whole lie is just dumb. Really you had a responsible meeting across a parking lot when there's audio and photo evidence that they were in your house? When you were oh so proud of your 39 year old ass? Not to mention that waving hi to each other from a safe distance is not what this crowd ever calls a party.

• Love 3

The thing is, didn’t some of them post screenshots of everyone video chatting from their own homes a couple weeks ago? Those are the only kind of social get togethers that should be happening: virtual ones. Nothing that requires changing locations or any sort of transportation. That is being responsible.

And if they truly did do this in a parking lot (which I don’t believe because I feel like they would’ve had photos of that all over their pages), why? Why not continue to just video chat from their homes? And where did everyone stay after? Their cars? Drive right back home? They couldn’t because they were drinking. At this point, they should all keep away from Twitter/Instagram/etc. until this is all over. 

• Love 8

I do believe they went somewhere because Carina posted a pic of her and Steve in what looked like a golf cart, but if it really was a wedding I would be very surprised if that all went down in a parking lot. I could get not posting pics if they wanted to keep the news private, although I fully believe that they'd still post pics, just not with Aisha and Emmett in them. And even if the parking lot hang is a true detail of this story, it doesn't change the fact that Carina is lying her dumb ass off about Aisha and Emmett at least going back to the Amell house - and who knows if anyone else was there. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Meanwhile, I walk at 620 in the morning to avoid people, have anxiety attacks every time I go to the store or pick up takeout (which is like five times in 3 weeks) along with restarting my count of when I could have been exposed, in addition to living in a shitty 500 sq foot apartment. And with all that, I'm still grateful to have a job and am so far healthy because many of my friends and family can't say the same. Celebs are definitely showing their asses during this time, both good and bad. 

I was counting days until I realized there was no point. I can’t work from home and my job is under essential business so I’m still going into work. My company is doing what they can though. Instead of working 5/6 days a week I work 2/3. They reduced our staffing to 4 people a day and closed our lobbies. I still fight off panic attacks. When I get home, my clothes go in the wash and I jump in the shower. I’m terrified I’m going to bring it home to my sister (who is working from home).

Even walks are stressing me out. We went to the park and I swear we were the only ones ducking other hikers. 

Grocery shopping has became curbside and delivery. 

My mom and I go to coffee once a week and I take my nephew every weekend. Now we have coffee on skype and I can only waive at my nephew. ☹️

Im so angry at how these assholes cant stand to inconvenience themselves. 

• Love 10
(edited)

In addition to the inconsistencies you've all noted, the sense of entitlement, and Carina's stretch of the meaning of the word "quarantine", I'm sure with all the driving that Carina's done that there must have been a gas station in there somewhere. Maybe snacks, or a bathroom break. Her self-absorption is staggering.

I live in Elmhurst Queens and the sirens are constant. My downstairs neighbor is a nurse at a nearby hospital who goes into work terrified. I work at a place where there are essential staff that are forced to take the train into work, no matter what. I will admit that I am going a little stir crazy, but I have no problem at all staying inside. 

Their behavior is loathsome.

Edited by thegirlsleuth
typo
  • Love 8
(edited)

KM participated in TheWrap webinar last week (from what I can tell from her social media, KM has been staying home alone in her L.A. apartment during this whole time)...

Pilot Season Grounded by Pandemic: How Some Key Players Are Making the Shutdown Work | Webinar
by JENNIFER MAAS | March 31, 2020 
https://www.thewrap.com/pilot-season-coronavirus-shutdown-katherine-mcnamara-arrow-max-mutchnick-carla-banks-waddles-video/

During “TheWrap’s Survival Guide for TV Pilot Season” webinar on Tuesday, TheWrap’s TV editor Tony Maglio spoke with “Will & Grace” creator Max Mutchnick, “Arrow” star Katherine McNamara and “Good Girls” producer Carla Banks-Waddles about the state that each of their respective broadcast pilots were in when the COVID-19 pandemic grounded filming on all the potential series earlier this month — and how they’re trying to keep working on those projects during the shutdown.

Transcribed from webinar video in this article:

TheWrap’s Tony Maglio (TM): "Kat, your pilot already aired, so you're in a pretty unique position, given the circumstances... Can you walk us through, then explain how the backdoor pilot works?" 
KM: “Yeah, it's been a learning experience for me as well, because I've done several pilots in the traditional sort of procedure. But this is my first backdoor pilot, as it were. So I came in in Season 7 of Arrow as Oliver Queen's daughter. And my character had a couple of seasons to kind of have the audience get to know her. And in the big Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover this year, my character sort of became the next Green Arrow. So, as this series ended, they thought, well, let's give it a shot. And in the penultimate episode of the Arrow series, they shot what would be a pilot episode for a new series, in which my character would kind of take that on and carry forward my father's legacy, as it were, um, which is sort of a new take on a classic superhero trope. But, our pilot aired, which normally doesn’t happen until you know if you’re picked up, and we’re waiting to see. You know, they told us pretty much right away that we wouldn’t know anything until May, because they wanted to see their other pilots and sort of see what other shows they had on their slate and everything else. And now that a lot of pilots aren’t being shot, and there’s a couple of other series that have been picked up, we really don’t know what’s going on at this point. So we’re all just in a holding pattern.”

TM: "Kat, speaking of beautiful settings, back to your kitchen for a second. Um, the way that CW boss Mark Pedowitz rolls, he probably would've had you playing a significant role at the Upfront that is now cancelled. Uh, we've seen Gina and we've seen Melissa do, like, basically be the stars of that show year after year. Uh, I'm curious - of course, that's with a pilot pickup, which is something we may or may not have within the next few months. Have you taped anything or been told otherwise about what they're going to do for the digital presentations? 'Cause networks still have to get this, uh - their info to advertisers for the fall, but they don't really know how to do it. So I'm interested in what all of you guys, but, Kat, you first, have heard about these digital hot spots."
KM: "Well, if there's anything I have learned about pilot announcements and pickups and just general show pickups in general, the actors are the last to find out. So I know nothing at this point. Um, the only things I've really been taping in my kitchen so far are little things for like Cosmopolitan, going, hey, make a cocktail or whatever's in your kitchen. So, you know, it's been those sort of things that I've been producing. But I'm sure, you know, if the time comes, and when they are figuring out their system, I will probably have to figure something out, in which case, I'll throw something together. You know, throw a hood on and then make something creative. Because, honestly, that's what I've been doing. Trying to find as many creative ventures as I can, just to keep myself busy until we do know. Because at this point, it's just a big 'if.' Um, but it's been a very interesting time and I'm loving hearing what Carla and Max have to say, too, because I'm developing some projects of my own on the producing side, and sort of seeing what other angles of things I can do, because I can't really telecommute and do my job at the moment."
TM: "No, you really can't. And I'd like to follow up on that. What sort of things are you working on or how are you keeping yourself busy? How are you splitting your time? What are you doing?"
KM: "I'm training quite a bit. Um, I have my - I built a treadmill last week. So I've got a whole, like, home gym situation happening here. Um, doing a lot of things - I feel as though procrastination is just an artist thing in general. I'm unpacking all of my suitcases finally. I'm getting the human being things done that I don't normally have time for, because I'm always on location. I've been in Canada more than I've been here in the last six or seven years. So it's been quite a long process. But it's nice to be home, and it's nice to have a chance to do that side, which tends to let my brain focus on something else that then fuels the creativity in a different way. Um, you know, so I have a couple properties that I've developing with some producing partners and trying to see what I can do on that side, just exercise a different set of creative muscles for a little bit."

TM: "What do you foresee for this fall?"
KM: "I still feel like I'm new enough to this industry that I don't even know what to predict. You know, pilot season has changed so much in the last several years anyway that, you know - being the streaming, that it's now kind of all year round now, shows are casting and things are shooting, and seasons and episode numbers, and everything's sort of - it's the Wild West when it comes to television right now, which is exciting. You know, it leaves opportunities for lots of creative solutions. But also, I have no way to even remotely predict... If there's anything I know about the entertainment industry, it's that the show must go on, and we will figure something out. The Powers That Be will find some solution to this crazy problem that we're having right now. Um, and we're all in this together. But that's, uh - that's my greatest prediction - or my most sure prediction, I guess."

(Audience questions)
Jody (Jodi?) Collins: "So, without being tone deaf, I'm wondering if you think that pilots that may not be socially sensitive, as we come out on the other side of this, may be pulled... I've worked in casting and now talent management and - and producing in my career lives, and I want to be able to advise clients who are creating content or hyphenates if the one girl's post-apocalyptic script is really going to something we should be presenting forward and pitching, or if it's going to be comedy and, you know, man conquers all. Like, what do you think the content's going to be looking like that we'll need?"
KM (after Max Mutchnick responded to this question): "It's interesting, too, having just shot a project like The Stand, which is sort of based on an epidemic that breaks out into the world and then everything ends up in chaos... It'll be interesting to watch how CBS handles that in the promotion and the airing of it. I don't know what their plan is yet, but certainly be a kind of unavoidable topic of conversation, if nothing else. But, you know, stories help the world heal in all kinds of ways."

(Several audience questions then seemed to focus on what projects or types of projects were more likely to be picked up in this new normal. The consensus of the webinar panelists seemed to be: "Quick and easy” - that networks and producers will more likely pick up projects that can be made quickly and cheaply, because of this year’s delay in production.)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
(edited)

April 6, 2016 was the airdate for 418 (Eleven-Fifty-Nine), in which E1 Laurel was killed - however, before we even got a chance to miss KC, she returned as E2 Laurel and stayed...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

At first, I was worried that he was referring to Olicity fans, but judging by his mentions he's talking about Laurel fans who are still angry about her death.

Edited by Trisha
(edited)

FedCon has now been moved from May to July...

FedCon, July 10-12, 2020 (Bonn, Germany)
David Nykl, John Barrowman and Alex Kingston
https://www.fedcon.de/de/ 

ETA: Personally, I think they should just cancel all comic cons this year (including SDCC). Until they come up with a cure or vaccine, no comic con that attracts a crowd is going to be safe (imo).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Okay, here we go - a virtual comic con that will stream on Twitch next weekend - guests include the Claytons...

HomeCon (Virtual Event), April 10-11, 2020 (Twitch Streaming)
Ben Lewis, Anna Hopkins and Kris Holden-Ried (also Nicole Maines, Azie Tesfai, Andrea Brookes, Camrus Johnson and Rachel Skarsten)
https://homeconofficial.com/ 
https://twitter.com/homeconofficial 

A virtual fan convention streaming April 10 - 11 from the comfort of your home—on Twitch. Portion of sales (10%) benefits First Responders First.

https://nowtoronto.com/events/homecon/

The New Face in the World of Comic Cons. Hosted on the TWITCH Platform.

HOMECON will take place on Friday, April 10 - Saturday, April 11, 2020, on the Twitch platform. Attendees will pay a subscription to access the show panels and other scheduled content. The subscription charge will be $4.99 (US$). A document will be sent through with easy step by steps on how to sign up. 

The One-on-One chats with celebrities will replace the traditional ‘Signing table’. This will be the exclusive part of the event. Fans will receive a scheduled invite via the Zoom platform, which can be downloaded at https://zoom.us/download  Each chat will cost $50 (US$) for 5min with a maximum of two that can be purchased per fan. Talent can choose to have a silent moderator present.

Special Guests include Inbar Lavi (Lucifer), Casey Cott (Riverdale), Gregg Sulkin (Marvel's Runaways), Ben Lewis (Arrow), Adelaide Kane (Reign), and Andrew Howard (HBO’s Watchmen).

ETA: I don't think that I will be able to purchase any of these chats, so I hope that there will be some tweets or videos coming out of this HomeCon.
Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

April 6, 2016 was the airdate for 418 (Eleven-Fifty-Nine), in which E1 Laurel was killed - however, before we even got a chance to miss KC, she returned as E2 Laurel and stayed...

Is it wrong that my first thought was he should've posted the page for the scene in which everyone tells Laurel they love her and Oliver stays silent? (Honestly, those final scenes of that episode aren't ones anyone should want to remember. I'd rather an alternate scene where Earth-1 Laurel's final conversation was with her father, not what we got ... which should no longer be canon anyway.)

• Love 3

It's really not that difficult to grasp that if anyone involved with this show or the network actually thought that killing E-1 Laurel was a mistake, they would've brought her back. Instead, they went out of their way to not bring her back despite having, like, 1,000 opportunities to do so.

• Love 5

Yes hers is also almost literally the only death that did stick in the end despite having the actress under contract unlike Moira, Tommy or Emiko. Hell they tried to resurrect Evelyn, a relatively minor character. And whilst E1 not coming back was probably mostly about as much flexibility for the spin off as possible in case CD is will to come back or they decide to "merge" Laurel's there or something, they also could have if they had wanted to or decide to have Sara find the loophole like they do so much on LOT and have both versions running around in S6/7. They clearly also enjoyed writing for BS a lot more and it fit with KC a lot more.

I will never understand how they supposedly killed her off for Olicity when they had been going strong for many eps whilst she was alive (including getting engaged where she was in the front row clapping!) and they were broken up when she died and didn't get back together for an entire season.

9 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Is it wrong that my first thought was he should've posted the page for the scene in which everyone tells Laurel they love her and Oliver stays silent? (Honestly, those final scenes of that episode aren't ones anyone should want to remember. I'd rather an alternate scene where Earth-1 Laurel's final conversation was with her father, not what we got ... which should no longer be canon anyway.)

They were terrible parting words for me and I'm not even a fan of the character. But yes they shouldn't be part of this new canon it should be either with her father or Tommy or if they insist on making an off screen change still Oliver centric, telling him to tell Tommy that he was definitely the love of her life. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Andrea Sixtos (and her sister, Alicia Sixtos, also an actress) will be participating in this virtual live reading project...

‘Narcos’ stars, others to read Latinx youth scripts live
By Reel 360      Apr 7, 2020
https://reel360.com/article/latino-film-institute-to-live-stream-script-from-youth/ 

Academy Award-nominated actor Edward James Olmos announced today that the Latino Film Institute will live stream script reading sessions from their Youth Cinema Project (YCP) students. Talent from Narcos Mexico, Queen of the South, Gentified, Vida, Mayan M.C., Devious Maids, One Day at a Time, Napolean Dynamite, The Sinner, Los Epocky, Spanish Aqui and more will be doing virtual live readings on Wednesdays and Fridays at 1pm PDT beginning April 8, 2020 on  the Youth Cinema Project website, and can be found on social media with the hashtag: #YCPLiveReads

YCP introduces elementary, middle, and high school students to the art of filmmaking and bridges the achievement and opportunity gaps by creating lifelong learners and the entertainment industry’s multicultural future. The program is implemented in public schools across California from the Los Angeles, Montebello, Palmdale, Santa Ana, Pleasant Valley, Brawley, Pajaro Valley, North Monterrey, Alum Rock, Campbell, Jefferson and Williams school districts.
Others include Origin read by Judy Reyes, Ana Ortiz and Edy Ganem from Devious Maids, Fallen Angel read by Alejandro Edda, Fernanda Urrejuela, Teresa Ruiz, Mayra Hermosillo, Jesse Garcia and Alberto Zeni from Narcos Mexico, Rigged read by Danielle Vega, Alicia Sixtos, Vanessa Vazquez, Andrea Sixtos and Gilbert Saldivar from East Los High, The First Trip read by Efren Ramirez from Napoleon Dynamite, Eddie Martinez from The Sinner and Jearnest Corchado from Little America, Tarde de Sombras read by Bernardo Verdugo from Los Espookys,  Elizabeth read by Fenessa Pineda from Rambo First Blood, and Isabella Gomez from One Day at a Time (script to be announced).
The series begins with Gentefied on Wednesday April 8th and Vida on Friday April 10th with more dates being announced every week through the end of April.

latino-film-institute-1.jpg?w=768&ssl=1

Edited by tv echo

I like the panel but I get annoyed just thinking of them pitching and now we swap out BR's Superman for Lex and he becomes the surprise paragon and basically the main character in the crossover! Sigh. 

I don't really understand some Laurel fans using ratings to justify why it was such a terrible decision to kill her off. The big drop happened after the culmination of the BMD and never recovered. And that still didn't mean Olicity were back together in early S5 it look them over a season filled with pointless stall love interests. If nothing else they get stubborn and then we don't know how many ever caught up on streaming services etc. 

And also whilst there are absolutely some awful toxic Olicity fans out there who insult everyone up to and including SA and EBR it makes me kind of amused in an awful way that some seem to genuinely believe that the entire fandom spontaneously invented real life shipping and being nasty to real life family and friends. Have they never seen a gossip blog/magazine in their lives?  And then in the next breath make nasty claims about EBR and not notice the irony.

• Love 3
(edited)

Kat McNamara Releases The Best VirtualDance Party Song For A Good Cause:Listen To ‘Just Like James’
Ali Stagnitta    April 8, 2020
https://hollywoodlife.com/2020/04/08/kat-mcnamara-just-like-james-new-music-listen/

While we continue to find ways to fill our time while in quarantine due to the Coronavirus pandemic, actress Katherine McNamara was inspired to deliver something special to her fans. At the same time, she took the opportunity to help those in need by using her singing talent to raise money for COVID-19 relief. HollywoodLife.com is SO excited to give fans an EXCLUSIVE first listen of Kat’s song “Just Like James,” which is currently available for purchase with 100% of all proceeds going to Google/WHO. “I’ve been here in quarantine and I found the music that I made about six years ago and it’s been sitting there and I was listening to it and was like, ‘Why did I never release it?’ I wanted to release it and make people smile and bring a little bit of joy right now,” she explained in an exclusive interview with HL.
The song is a nod to James Bond and Kat hopes it brings everyone the escapism we are so longing for right now. “I am a lover of puns and plays on words, particularly with my music, so to get an opportunity to create things with intelligent lyrics and that are not only are fun to listen to, but also make you think a little bit is really exciting for me,” she explained. “I didn’t write this song, but when I heard it initially, I thought it was so thoughtful and such a neat take on a classic trope, that everyone loves a girl doesn’t want to just be a Bond girl, she wants to be more.”

Kat decided to donate to all proceeds from those who purchase the song to Google/WHO after Google unveiled a donation matching initiative with 100% of proceeds going to benefit the United Nations Foundation in support of WHO’s COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.
“We’re all doing our part to try and get through this time, and it’s not easy for anyone but we’ll through it together,” the Arrow actress promised. “I also want to give the biggest thank you in the world to all of the front line workers and first responders, everyone in a health care system, who are working tirelessly all over the world to try and eradicate the virus and find a cure for the world.”

(bmwfyx 1)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Ben Lewis is no longer listed among the guests for HomeCon - I don't know if he was mistakenly left off when they reorganized the guest list (to alphabetize them by first name) or if he cancelled (there's no notice of his cancellation on the HomeCon website or on BL's social media)...

FYI, HomeCon was created by Paul Amos and Rachel Skarsten - from a recent interview:
https://www.thetvjunkies.com/founders-rachel-skarsten-paul-amos-preview-homecon/

TTVJ: If this is successful, do you think you’d be interested in doing another one?
RS: We’ve had so many actors reach out to us, and it’s only possible in the first event to host a certain amount. So we have actors on hold for 2.0 that’s in the works now. 

BTW, many virtual comic cons are springing up - and even Wizard World is getting into virtual cons:
Wizard World to Put Comic Cons Experience Online, as Coronavirus Pandemic Fears Hits Shows
Posted on March 12, 2020 | by Rich Johnston |
https://bleedingcool.com/comics/wizard-world-comic-cons-online-coronavirus-pandemic/ 

Edited by tv echo

HomeCon schedule has been posted - it looks like all of the Arrowverse panels are today (so maybe their 1-on-1 chats were yesterday?)...

HomeCon (Virtual Event), April 10-11, 2020 (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
Ben Lewis, Katrina Law, Anna Hopkins and Kris Holden-Ried (also Nicole Maines, Azie Tesfai, Andrea Brooks, Camrus Johnson and Rachel Skarsten)

Day 2 (Sat., April 11):
4:00pm EST - Batwoman Panel
5:00pm EST - Arrow Panel
6:00pm EST - Supergirl Panel

Also, it sounds like KL is joining the Arrow panel (even though she's not listed among the guests)...

ETA: Anna Hopkins was part of the Shadowhunters panel at HomeCon, which took place yesterday (April 10)...

Edited by tv echo
12 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Instead, Felicity not only didn't die, but she married Oliver in the Crisis On Earth-X crossover 😏...

Lol I thought Reddit doctored that up to mess with us!!!! 😂

That was MG????!!!!

• LOL 2

Didn't the one that was doing the rounds then have a Star of David on it as well? Stein's casket did but we never actually saw his headstone and this is probably why. 

And the paparazzi got their hands on call sheets and got the double wedding which everyone then saw so the only ones who were fooled were the ones who wanted to be. 

Edited by Featherhat

BlogHer interview - KM played a quarantine game and also answered a lot of fan questions, including this one (I only transcribed Arrow-related comments below)...

Full interview:
Katherine McNamara Instagram Live Interview with BlogHer - April 10th
Golden Warrior   April 10, 2020

Interviewer: "We're going to play a little quarantine game and it's called 'Marry, Quarantine and Social Distance.' And it's you, Kat, answering as you, not as your character, and I'm going to name three random pop culture people. Okay. Jon Snow, Oliver Queen, Felicity Smoak."
KM: "Okay, what are my options?"
Interviewer: "Uh, Marry. Quarantine With. Social Distance."
KM: "Oh, goodness. Um, well, out of those options, I think I'd have to quarantine Jon Snow because he's been through all sorts of things and you don't know what he's a carrier of -"
Interviewer: "No, no, no, it's not quarantine him, it's quarantine with him."
KM: "Oh... Ooh... Okay, hmm... Okay, so I'm going to change my answer. I'm going to social distance Jon Snow... because I think I'd want to quarantine with Oliver Queen, because survival of the fittest. And I love Emily so much, I'll marry Felicity Smoak."
Interviewer: "I knew it. I knew you were going to say that."

Interviewer: "Who was the craziest during table reads?"
KM (laughing): "Uh, I would have to say, Dom and Alberto were always the craziest. And, uh, we didn't ever do table reads for Arrow. We only did one... So we only had weekly table reads for Shadowhunters."

Interviewer: "On Arrow, who would always make you break in a scene? Like, was there someone you just could not stay serious with?"
KM: "In retrospect, probably - I think Ben and I - well... I didn't break very much during Arrow, but I would say, if anyone did, it would either be Emily or Ben. And I think it's because our sense of humor is so similar. Um, Emily and I - Emily Bett Rickards, who played Felicity Smoak... Um, she and I have a very similar sense of humor and would always make jokes or plays on words or would be singing Hamilton between takes. Um, so she and I would always end up laughing. But Ben and I had so much fun - Ben Lewis, who plays my brother William on Arrow. Uh, he's just a fantastic human. And he and I have gotten along since Day One and have had a very- a very sibling relationship in the best way. Um, so we've had a very lovely banter from the very beginning."

Interviewer: "Who do you miss the most from your Arrow cast right now?"
KM: "Arrow was super special. You know that, having our core group, me and - and Ben, who played my brother, Colton and JoJo and Emily and all of those amazing people. Also, I - I became really close friends with one of the writers and I - her name's Maya. She's like such this - she's this badass young writer who I just think the world of, and she and really I hit it off. So I miss those people. I miss that family, and I miss the crew. We had such an amazing crew, you know, with our hair and makeup team and our camera operators and our props and wardrobe, and everybody who worked on that show got to be such a family, because.they had to work together. It was like Shadowhunters, you know. They worked together for years and years, and it becomes such a cohesive unit, you know, it's - it's hard to break up a family like that."

Interviewer: "Someone wants to know about the future of the Arrow series."
KM: "So that's even more so now up in the air. You know, we did a backdoor pilot, which aired as an episode of Arrow. And, at this point, we don't know, because they had told us that they weren't giving us an answer until May when they had all of their other pilots and knew what their season was going to be and all that. But now, with the way the world is, we don't know."

Interviewer: "Someone else wants to know, do you have a favorite behind-the-scenes story from Arrow or memory, and from Shadowhunters, that you would want to share with us?"
KM: "I think one of my favorite behind-the-scenes moments, uh, from Arrow would have to be from the crossover, because it's - it's such a special thing that is so rarely done in television, where you have all of these amazing people, all these characters that are so classic from all these different shows, and all of the individuals that play them are equally as wonderful. So it's - it's really fun to be on set. And especially, you know, I'm so fortunate to get to do something that I really love for a living, and it sort of hits you at random moments. For example, when you're on set and there's a couple Supermen and the Green Arrow and Batwoman and Supergirl and the Flash, and you're all in super suits, and you're in your own super suit, and you sort of look around and go, 'wait, how is this my job?' This doesn't make sense, but I'm so thankful."

Interviewer: "Do you miss wearing your super suit?"
KM: "I do. It's really fun."
Interviewer: "Could you wear it? You don't have it at home, right?"
KM: "No. No, no, no."
Interviewer: "Oh, okay, because I was gonna suggest the super suit with a tap dance, but I think maybe that's too far."
KM: "I would, and I think Grant and I actually did that on set at one time. (Laughs) But, no, I don't have it. I don't even know where it is at this point. It's probably in some locked storage facility somewhere in Canada."

Interviewer: "Name six shows that you were in, like, throughout your career, in 10 seconds."
KM: "Okay."
Interviewer: "Okay, I'll start counting, which means I have to put my drink down. Okay? Ready. Go.."
KM: "Arrow, Shadowhunters, Jessie, Kickin' It, Touch, Law & Order: SVU, uh, uh..."
Interviewer: "Glee."
KM: "Glee. Drop Dead Diva."
Interviewer: "You're, like, out of time... So you should drink."
KM: "Okay."
Interviewer: "Everyone's like, that was the worst drinking game in the history of drinking games."

Interviewer: "Kat, would you like to be part of the DC Titans cast?"
KM: "Sure... Actually, I would love that, because that show shoots in Toronto and I lived in Toronto, 'cause that's where we shot Shadowhunters, and I have so many friends there, and it just - it was home for so long. Also, the trainer that trained us for Shadowhunters now works for some of the Titans folks, and he is amazing. And it seems like such a badass show. So, I would to."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2