Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Yeah but if Felicity had been the one hiding a child she had given birth to as a teenager and given up for adoption or thought dead and then got back in contact with and it came out exactly the way it did with her pushing to move up the wedding, she'd be called every single name imaginable. Again. It wasn't well written on Felicity's side either but Oliver was in the wrong period. Any girlfriend/fiancée he had at the time would have reacted exactly the same way be it Felicity, Sara, Laurel or hell Susan. 

I do think many of these fans tend to be young and/or not in serious relationships and the others are being deliberately obtuse because it's another stick to beat the character with. Then there are some who get upset at the thought of non bio parents having a say (or even being part of the equation passively) on kids situations in blended families. 

Someone on reddit did an "Am I The Asshole" with the situation changing the names and got back some interesting results for them. 

• Love 5
David Ramsey was the guest...

-- SA said that he and his wife & daughter got tested for cv antibodies at a local clinic and that none of them have had the coronavirus.  

-- SA said that DR would FaceTime his son DJ all the time on the Arrow set and that a lot of takes would be ruined because DJ would forget he was on FaceTime or DR would forget to mute FaceTime.

-- DR remembered seeing SA on The Vampire Diaries with his girlfriend. He said that they couldn't get their eyes off SA on that show and that DR's girlfriend said SA "got something."

-- SA: "Where did the term 'Foundry Friday' come from?" 
DR: "Foundry Friday was something that came up between you and I when - Friday nights, man, it was like - we had like seventeen pages of dialogue. Maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe I'm not. And, um, like, 'Yo, Ramsey, (Sighs) ... Ramsey, let's power through this stuff, man... Right now, let's hone in, let's concentrate, let's do it, and, uh, let's get out of here. Let's get out of here."
SA: "Yeah. It's Friday. We're starting at 12 o' clock. It's definitely going to be a 14-hour day. Is there a way we can turn it into a 12-hour day? And I said to him, like, 'Let's stay close to set. Let's - you know, let's be loose on our feet in terms of the blocking. Uh, let's come to set right when called. And - and let's try to get these crew members a weekend. And that was the only way in the first season. If they couldn't put 14 to 17 pages' worth of dialogue in the Foundry, there was no way that we could possibly produce these episodes of television." 
DR: "Without a doubt. Without a doubt. And, you know, funny you say that, I think that kind of work ethic kinda went into- Emily kinda fell into that. And everyone who kinda came through that Foundry just kinda fell into that work ethic." 
SA: "Emily didn't fall into anything. Emily came in and was a tour de force and actually made the - made the days much more tolerable, because we're going on like - we're going on like 13 episodes of he and I just - just in there. And then she came in and was irreverent and funny and engaging and made Foundry Fridays a little bit easier." 
DR: "Thank God she showed up." 

Andrew Harding (AH): "Stephen took me to set actually on Emily's very first day ever at - I think it was at CBC or CTV..." 
SA: "CBC. The CBC Building."
AH: "I was on set, and she was this new person who was on the show, who you actually met with me around this table. Uh, and she was there for - what, a couple days or a couple episodes, maybe? And it turns out that, um, she stayed forever. (Laughs) Yeah, right? I mean, she was just like - just like this super new person who Stephen hadn't met yet. He's like, 'Hey, nice to meet you.' And all of a sudden, seven seasons later, oh, she -" 
DR: "We were fortunate, so fortunate, to have her, in so many different ways. It was a godsend." 

-- SA: "Let's shift to Season 2 for a second. Do you remember what you said to me after shooting the Suicide Squad episode, which was really your story?" 
DR: "No." 
SA: "Okay. So, the Suicide Squad episode in the second season was the first time ever in the show... where I had like four or five days off. And you were in it, man." 
DR: "I remember now." 
SA: "There was also the one where we - where you were in prison with Deadshot? This was - this might actually be the story. You were in prison with Michael Rowe, who played Deadshot, and you had like three full days where they were shooting your stuff. And you were in every scene, you were working really hard, you're hand-cuffed up here. And you came to me after those three days, when I showed back up on set, and you go, 'I don't know how you f**kin' do this, man. I am exhausted." 
DR: "Listen, I echoed that sentiment a few times... There were a few times that happened and each time it was just like, you know, 'How in the world are you doin' this, man?' I mean, I honestly don't know how you were doing it, how you were balancing - and staying in shape - it was just - we talked about this before. Like, how do you keep your gains from 14-hour days? Like how do you do it? How do you not stay - how do you not get sick? How do you keep mass - ? It's just - you know, it was just - and then, obviously, staying in character." 

-- SA: "During episode 315, which was Gregory Smith's first episode, uh, Ramsey and I were supposed to be chained to the ground in Nanda Parbat - or as Katie would say, Amanda's Poorbutt. Um, and we were both supposed to be shirtless. And this is a long list of times when they wanted us either to both wrestle shirtless or whatever. And Ramsey goes, 'Are you going to be shirtless in this scene?' And I go, 'No.' And he goes, 'Good, because I've been eating like a pig.'" 
DR (laughing): "Man, there was no way... And also I think sometimes they got a little better with this - with Stephen, especially for you... There's like a week's notice. Next episode. Day 2 of next episode, by the way. Uh, you know, I'm going to be shirtless."

-- DR: "We go back to the pilot story, but it was just, man, because this was going to be on your shoulders and, bro, I've said it a million times, you just freakin' rocked it." 
SA: "Oh, thank you... You know that there's a deleted scene from the pilot* where you and I first sort of, uh, match up. And it's with Susanna Thompson and she's trying to fire you, but I know that you know something about me. So I work to be like, 'No, Mom, don't - Moira, don't do that. I want to work with this guy.' And then you and I sort of share a moment together. That scene was cut from the pilot. So the last thing that we saw of you in the pilot was me choking you out at the party. And I - there was part of me, like, leading up to me reading the second script, I thought they had killed off your character. Like, I thought they had written you off. Actually." 
DR: "Yeah. You know something, it was, um - to the fans' great credit that fell in love with the character, it was a big part of - that was part of the reason why I stayed. But also they sold - Greg sold me on the role, man... 'You don't have much to do in the pilot, but you become very essential and very important' ... And so, it's been a great ride, bro. It was a great ride."

(* tv echo: You can watch the deleted scene from the pilot that SA's talking about here.)

-- SA: "When did you first become interested in directing?" 
DR: "Second season. I had a meeting with Greg. So it was no small secret. I had a meeting with Greg and, um, Greg said, 'You want to direct?' We talked about other things. We talked about Green Lantern in that meeting. We talked about a lot of things in that meeting, way back in the second season. And he said, 'You want to direct?' And I said, 'I absolutely do.' He said, 'I can see you doing it. Um, whenever you're ready.' " 
SA then added that Greg Berlanti "is most happy when he's empowering other people." Also, SA said that his wife Cassandra shadowed DR when he directed. DR then praised Cassandra and said that she helped him.

-- SA talked about the short film, Speech and Debate, which Cassandra directed as "proof of concept to hopefully get into The WB Directors' Workshop."

-- SA: "Aside from directing, man, um, what was your favorite - what was your favorite either season or episode of the show to do, or just what do you take with you? Because it's very strange - um, you and I hadn't gone more than a month without seeing each other for eight years, and now I haven't seen you since November."
DR: "No. I miss you, Stephen. Um... it's funny - It's funny because, you know... it puts me in a space, right, because you look back and eight years, the better part of a decade, and part of you - there's so many different places, at least for me, that I go. First of all, when to talk of. The better part of a decade and it's like, okay, did this happen? Did that happen? Did that happen? Right? Because it all kind of just goes on fast forward for me. And, um, in terms of just the takeaway, I think, there was a certain - there's a muscle that I'm still, maybe now getting used to or not getting used to? Just that muscle of working constantly on Arrow. The idea of going up to Vancouver, the idea of coming here, going back.  Just that nature, that habit, is done. So I think there's, um... You said a nice line one time, I think I heard it on an interview, 'a man without a home' or what was that? Something -"
SA: "Uh, yeah, that was a Rosenbaum podcast. I was like, a man without a country a little bit, maybe."
DR: "I feel a little bit like that. I'm feeling a little less that than I did maybe in January."
SA: "It was during Season 6 of Arrow - it was January of Season 6 of Arrow that I called up Greg and I said, um, 'I'm ready to be done at the end of Season 7. When my contract's done, I'm ready to be done.' Now we ended up doing Season 8 because Greg Berlanti's smarter than me and he incentivized me to do it, um, but when I had that conversation with him, he goes, 'I need you to think about this for one week. And if you still feel this way, um, I then have to make the call to Peter Roth, head of Warner Brothers Television, and Mark Pedowitz, who's running The CW, um, and - and we need to put these wheels in motion.' And I called him back a week later. I got off the phone with him. I immediately got a call from Peter Roth and from Mark Pedowitz, uh, to just ask me, you know, why I felt this way. I explained it to them. They were very, very lovely and appreciative and understanding. And then the next thing I did was text Ramsey and go, 'Hey, man, I got to come over to your trailer right now. I got to talk to you.'"
DR: "Yeah. Yeah."
SA: "It was a good ride, man. A really good ride."
DR: "It was fantastic. The, um, highlight of my career. Without a doubt."

-- SA then talked about the pre-production status of Heels: "It was gonna be in North Carolina and then the, uh, the Heartbeat Bill was, uh, overthrown in the higher district court in Georgia, so it moved back to Georgia, which, frankly, it should be. I mean, it's set - it's set in Duffy, Georgia. But, um, you know, I had been in the gym at Unbreakable in Los Angeles, working so hard. And I was just about to - we came up to Palm Springs on Saturday and in March - 13th or something like that - and on the Sunday I was supposed to head out there and I was going to be training at the equivalent of Unbreakable at Cody's gym.... But, no. I mean, I've seen the network drafts of four scripts. They're awesome. But I had been in training, I had been in the ring, I've been doing dialect work, and it just (Makes 'hooop' noise) - like that.... As I was saying to Drew yesterday, it's a real similar situation to when we had - you know, Mark Pedowitz, the first show he greenlit when he was at The CW was Arrow. And - and, as the CEO of Starz, Jeffrey Hirsch, the first show he greenlit - and we talked about this yesterday - was Heels. So I feel like there's a fortuitous element to that... Look, man, I'm just trying to get it up on its feet, so I can get you directing in the second season. Straight up."
DR: "Nothing would make me happier."
AH said that DR should get into the ring. SA thought it would be great that, if DR does direct a Heels episode, he did a cameo where they "cross paths and look at each other."

-- SA: "As you know, you were a guy that I leaned on for - for eight solid years and, um, you were a - you were a pro's pro and I love [unintelligible word-Jen?], I loved every second of working with you." 
DR: "Listen, bro... I cannot echo that any louder. You were a joy. You continue to be a joy to work with. And this is just the beginning. I mean, we're going to look back on this in 20 years and be like, 'wow, look, look at what we're doing.' So we - we have a lot more time, bro."
SA: "Okay. That's good. Well, we thank you very much for coming on."

-- After DR left, SA and AH talked about DR's impressive acting credits. SA said that DR was "f**ckin' awesome" in Con Air. Then some small talk.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3
Colin Donnell was the guest...

-- SA said that Code 8 is still #2 in the United States, behind Despicable Me.

-- CD said that his wife Patti got sick and has been quarantined "for the last little while." He said that her health has been going "up and down." He's concerned that he might have had it but showed no symptoms and then gave it to her. Even though Patti is pregnant, she has not been able to go to the doctor's office for check-ups. But the doctor has been checking in with them a lot, like, via "tele-medicine." CD mentioned that NY Gov. Cuomo issued an executive order that mandated that pregnant wives' partners should be allowed in with them, because hospitals were previously barring spouses from the births. Some talk about NYC now being the "epicenter" of a global pandemic. CD said that "things have stopped" in NYC. He also praised efforts by New Yorkers to help each other. Also some talk about how NYC used to have a lot of productions shooting in the city.

-- SA: "So we started working together on Arrow in 2012. Um, Katie was the - was the first person that I knew that was cast on the show. But, um, I remember specifically your Deadline announcement, and I remember being both happy and intimidated that it said Broadway star Colin Donnell cast in Arrow."
CD: "That's ridiculous."
SA: "And I immediately followed you on Twitter and then starting with the pilot, we just became - we just became fast friends, man. And what are some of your memories from the first season?"
CD: "Gosh, you know, I - I've told this story before, but I remember getting to, uh, Vancouver for the pilot. And you can understand, like, you know but maybe some people out there don't know, I hadn't done a lot before. I had only done a couple episodes of television before, so I was just a little, you know, blown away by what was going on. And, uh, I walked in and I knew that - you know, we'd talked a little bit and I knew that you'd been training for awhile and, like, getting in shape for the pilot. Uh, I had a costume fitting and I walked into the office, the production office, and in front - like, in the middle of the conference table was this giant platter of sushi. And we hadn't actually met in person yet, I don't think... You like breezed in, and I was like, 'hey, what's going on?' And you're like, 'It's lunchtime, I gotta eat.'  And I was like, 'Is this your lunch then?' You're like, 'Yes. Do you want some raw fish?' ... It probably wasn't as intense as I'm remembering it."
SA: "When I was in pre-production for the pilot of Arrow, I got there three weeks before we shot the pilot. And I'm training with Bam a lot. I'm training with Patricia, who is our archery technician on the show. Um, I'm doing costume fittings. I'm testing out the scars. I'm testing out the wigs. But I had also gone gluten-free and every day for lunch I was eating sashimi and just a teensy bit of brown rice. And lunchtime was f**king important to me because I was starving at all times."
CD (laughing): "But aside from that, like, you know, in my mind, hilarious first meeting, I just remember, like, hitting it off with you, man. We - we got to be friends. We hung out a lot. We lived - we lived near each other in Vancouver, which is not very hard to do, but, like -"
SA: "Right. Also, during the pilot, we were all in - we were all in the [unintelligible word-sudden?]... And Colin, more than anyone I know, enjoys a really well-done cocktail."
CD: "Fewer these days than back then, but, yes. Yes." 

-- SA: "You found out somewhere around the 17th episode of Season 1 that Tommy was going to perish at the end of Season 1, in very heroic fashion. And the producers called you to let you know. And the moment that they hung up the phone with you, they called me. And the moment that I hung up the phone with them, I called you. And we went over - I feel like - maybe we went to - we went to Chambar or maybe we sat in your apartment? But it was like - I remember being legitimately, like, really gob-smacked and just distraught, but wanted to be there for you. What do you remember about that?"
CD: "Uh, so they actually - it was in person. I - you know, I - I appreciate that they did, 'cause it was -"
SA: "Oh, that's right, that's correct."
CD: "It was at the production offices. Uh, and as soon as I left, I made a couple of phone calls. Uh, and then you immediately called me once you found out the news. And we went for coffee, uh, right next to Chambar. Uh, and like, by then - it was funny, I didn't have a car when I was in Vancouver, so I took the train everywhere. Uh, and I took it to work every day, because, you know, New Yorkers take trains. Uh -"
SA: "Taking the train to work in Vancouver, by the way, not as easy."
CD: "A little less so. Um, but, you know, I had this - I had a bit of time to process it. And, like, by the time I got to you, it was - I was in a, you know, still shocked but less, um, less so place than I was immediately when we spoke on the phone the first time... There's this thing that (Pauses) ... I hate seeing friends upset. And I think that we were both doing it for each other. Like, it was just really nice, that feeling of like, you know, the one thing - jobs come and go, but people that you've become close to over the time, you hate saying goodbye to. And it's - it makes it tough to leave what you thought was going to be a long-term thing. And you're sort of, you know, set a certain way of life over the past however many years or the year that it was with you guys, and you get used to a routine, and you really enjoy hanging out with people. And then, all of a sudden, it's not going to be that anymore. And, you know, it's happened to me a couple more times since then. (Laughs) I've gotten good at it. But it's - that was the first - that was the first  one that, like - as much as I sort of have led the gyp - had led the gypsy life in theater - and, you know, in theater, you just go from job to job and it's the same thing as when you're doing episodic television. But like when - as you guys know, when you're a series regular and you find out some news like that, you know, it's tough. And the toughest thing is, knowing that you're not going to be seeing your friends every day."
SA: "And let's be real, there's a financial aspect to it. You signed a six-year - you've signed a six-year contract. Right? And there's an expectation there. And not only that, but - but, Drew, think - think about this for a second, man, if you've ever considered it. Colin gets this news around episode 16 or 17. But he's got to go and film six, seven more episodes of television... knowing. And - and there are - there are two types of - of actors in that situation. There are people who throw a f**kin' fit. And there are people like Colin who drill down and do the work and make sure that - make sure that every day that they spend on set they appreciate. And when Colin did his death scene, which ended up being his actual last day of work, which always doesn't happen, um, when he spoke with the crew afterwards, um, you just - you felt a lot of love and genuine appreciation, and when he - whenever he came back to the show, which - which thankfully for us happened a number of times."
AH: "Yeah, how many times? I was gonna ask that, because I saw you pop in and out." 
CD: "I feel like there was - and correct me if I'm wrong, Stephen, because you have a better memory than I do."
SA: "Yes, I do."
CD: "But I think I (Laughs) - there was only one season of Arrow that I did not come back... Maybe two. But I think it was one."
SA: "The first time that you came back was the episode 'Three Ghosts,' which was episode 209, where it's like, 'Get up, Oliver.' ... And, uh, we had that great scene. Um, and, uh, you got to rock again, as the - as Zacka would like to say, the Hollywood Hulk Hogan beard a little bit, that you had to wear during the season when you became evil... We wanted you back for the 100th episode, but you were filming in Chicago, and we made reference to the fact that Tommy had become a doctor in Chicago... And then you and I had what I thought was a really - like, a really, really wonderful day in Season 7, uh, where I hallucinate you. But it was just you and I the entire day."
CD: "That was awesome."
SA: "That was an incredible day. And then, obviously, you were back for the series finale, but also episode 1 of Season 8 where you and I got again to re-film some scenes, and that was just - just - I mean, it was really difficult to do that and not get swept up in the moment."
CD: "Yeah. Um, what you guys did for that whole last season was really special... Like I said, the toughest thing about leaving a job is not being able to see your friends every day. And the way that I kept coming back, time and time again, it felt really great to me, because I got to come and see the family every day... You know, every once in awhile. And I got to, like, see everybody and catch you on their - you know, their lives and who's gotten married and who's gotten - who's had kids, who's the same as they ever were. (Laughs)"
SA: "You know, Drew, Colin - Colin, again, was in the series finale, but he wrapped a couple of days, uh, prior to the actual end of the series, because the last scene that we shot in the series on the last day was the last scene. And, uh, he showed up on the - on the last day, and I think the day before that as well. And I was like, 'Hey, man, you have any more stuff to shoot?' And he goes, 'Uh-uh, no, I'm just staying.'"

-- Some talk of CD's bachelor party at a whiskey distillery and some boat parties. Also SA remembered hearing some early buzz about Hamilton, the musical ("rapping about the life of Alexander Hamilton"), and that, at the time, he thought it sounded "f**kin' ridiculous."

-- CD talked more about dealing with Patti's pregnancy during a time when no family members can visit and see her in person. SA and AH also updated their family and friends' situations.

-- SA: "I love ya, I miss ya. And, uh, you have the heart of a saint to be in quarantine life right now with a pregnant wife. That is - that is simply stunning."
CD: "I think that, uh, you know, she's, uh - if she's not totally sick of me by the time this thing is all done, like, I'm going to be the luckiest guy in the world. Uh, I love you guys. Thanks for having me on."

-- Some Nocking Point business and some small talk.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

SDCC (originally scheduled for July 23-26, 2020) has been cancelled...
https://www.comic-con.org/cci

For the first time in its 50-year history San Diego Comic Convention (SDCC), the organizers behind the annual pop culture celebration, announced today with deep regret that there will be no Comic-Con in 2020. The event will instead return to the San Diego Convention Center from July 22-25, 2021. 

Recognizing that countless attendees save and plan for its conventions each year, and how many exhibitors and stakeholders rely upon its events for a major portion of their livelihood, they had hoped to delay this decision in anticipation that COVID-19 concerns might lessen by summer. Continuous monitoring of health advisories and recent statements by the Governor of California have made it clear that it would not be safe to move forward with plans for this year.

Similarly, WonderCon Anaheim, which was to have been held April 10-12, 2020 will return to the Anaheim Convention Center from March 26-28, 2021.
SDCC also announced that individuals who purchased badges for Comic-Con 2020 will have the option to request a refund or transfer their badges to Comic-Con 2021. All 2020 badge holders will receive an email within the next week with instructions on how to request a refund. Exhibitors for Comic-Con 2020 will also have the option to request a refund or transfer their payments to Comic-Con 2021 and will also receive an email within the next week with instructions on how to process their request.

ETA: Though expected, I'm still a tad surprised.  I thought they'd try to convert it to a more limited, virtual comic con, but I guess there wasn't enough time to plan something so different.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

-- SA: "I love ya, I miss ya. And, uh, you have the heart of a saint to be in quarantine life right now with a pregnant wife. That is - that is simply stunning."
CD: "I think that, uh, you know, she's, uh - if she's not totally sick of me by the time this thing is all done, like, I'm going to be the luckiest guy in the world. Uh, I love you guys. Thanks for having me on."

Typically shitty comment by Stephen but a nice reply from Colin lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

CD came off as so lovely and sweet in that video. SA did not seem happy with the first meeting/sushi story, probably because he did not sound very welcoming in it.

Today’s video also included some not-great stories about SA on set. His wife, Aisha and Kamen were talking about how he said he didn’t need printed sides during their “Speech & Debate” shoot and then got angry when there weren’t any printouts. They were also making fun of him for missing cues because he “never reads stage directions.” He cut them off because he didn’t like it. 

The weirdest part was when he got really salty at Warner Bros TV because they had a hard time convincing the studio to let them use the SCPD set as a location for their short. It was such a strange thing to call out publicly, Aisha even commented on how he’s spilling tea now that he’s no longer on the show. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If Stephen isn’t careful, he’s gonna get Cassandra’s automatic acceptance into WB’s director’s program revoked lol. 

That was my first thought! Why call out the WB when you need something from them? And when they actually ended up letting you use their sets (and crew)? Here’s the exchange:

SA: For reference for Arrow fans we were in the Starling City police dept set we had, which we had to clear through Warner Brothers and they were easy about it. I’m kidding; they were DICKS. It was really, really difficult. [Everyone laughs] Well they WERE!

AT: I can see how it wouldn’t be easy to negotiate something like that. 

CA: We ended up making it happen.

AT: It was also indistinguishable. I mean, if you’re a huge Arrow fan I suppose. But we redressed it completely.

CA: [tells a story about accidentally setting off a fire alarm on the soundstage and then talks about how they tried to make the sets ambiguous so it wouldn’t look like Arrow]

SA: And my basic answer was “who gives a shit?” Because I asked to come out at Sunmerslam in 2015 to the Arrow theme song and there were problems and I freaked the fuck out. So when it came to shooting Speech & Debate, Todd Pitson, the Arrow crew, everyone in Vancouver and everyone at Warner Bros acquiesced eventually. They would have done it quicker if it was THEIR IDEA. But alas. 

CA: [laughs nervously]

AT: Oh the freedom of being off the show. I love it. Tea is spilling everywhere! 

I know people hate on his wife but once again she came off as the more sane one who was trying to stop him from digging a hole. He also complained yet again about having to do the Netflix live-tweet at 9am on a Saturday. (Robbie, who has a 7-month-old, had previously tried to explain to him that it was a good time for fans around the world in different time zones but he’s still whining about it.) He’s a mess. 

23 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I know people hate on his wife but once again she came off as the more sane one who was trying to stop him from digging a hole. He also complained yet again about having to do the Netflix live-tweet at 9am on a Saturday. (Robbie, who has a 7-month-old, had previously tried to explain to him that it was a good time for fans around the world in different time zones but he’s still whining about it.) He’s a mess. 

You keep putting this as a disclaimer in your posts, but I don't think anyone here blames her for his drunken messiness? Apart from her giving him more wine when he was clearly shitfaced a few days ago, lol. I mean, she's had her public asshole moments, and he definitely has - they seem well suited for each other that way.

I hope that someone who cares about him is trying to get him some help, difficult as that may be since he seems to be...not very receptive to that, and that maybe that someone who cares about him can get through to him that he's not presenting himself in the best way here. All the ways in which he was too drunk to get home or an asshole on set because things didn't go his way, how much he hates having to do a little fan interaction to keep that movie they helped pay for and he keeps bragging about at #1 on Netflix, or how much WB pissed him off because they didn't submit to his whims are not stories that need to be told to everyone. I think he's taken the concept of being ~real a little too far and definitely needs to step away from these daily lives, unless they're the one thing that's keeping him somewhat okay, which judging by the way he's looking may very well be. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

You keep putting this as a disclaimer in your posts, but I don't think anyone here blames her for his drunken messiness? 

I guess it’s more of a Twitter thing than it is here, but every single time she appears in his videos (or even if he just mentions her) I see a bunch of tweets about how terrible and toxic she is, while he never seems to be called out. I keep trying to cull my following list and yet there’s still so much hate for her. To me, he’s the one who’s coming off really poorly lately - even more so than usual. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Trisha said:

I guess it’s more of a Twitter thing than it is here, but every single time she appears in his videos (or even if he just mentions her) I see a bunch of tweets about how terrible and toxic she is, while he never seems to be called out. I keep trying to cull my following list and yet there’s still so much hate for her. To me, he’s the one who’s coming off really poorly lately - even more so than usual. 

Oh, yeah. I get that. Just from what they put out there I do think there's some passive-aggressive toxicity going on there, but it seems to go both ways and also seems to have been going on for years. I would argue that there's some enabling going on on her part if she's topping him up when he's already sloppy on a live feed, but no one put a gun to his head to make him drink it. He's making an ass of himself repeatedly all on his own - and even when confronted with it just makes jokes about it and keeps going, so...hopefully he doesn't come through with a career ender on one of these ill-advised lives. 

• Love 3

Serious question (not trying to be snarky): Is he on some other drugs as well or just lots of booze?

Do people get messy when they run out of drugs?

Fun fact: Apparently someone in Australia told the police they were seeing their dealer when they got pulled over. Want a valid excuse so they still got fined $1000.

2 hours ago, Trisha said:

That was my first thought! Why call out the WB when you need something from them? And when they actually ended up letting you use their sets (and crew)? Here’s the exchange:

SA: For reference for Arrow fans we were in the Starling City police dept set we had, which we had to clear through Warner Brothers and they were easy about it. I’m kidding; they were DICKS. It was really, really difficult. [Everyone laughs] Well they WERE!

AT: I can see how it wouldn’t be easy to negotiate something like that. 

CA: We ended up making it happen.

AT: It was also indistinguishable. I mean, if you’re a huge Arrow fan I suppose. But we redressed it completely.

CA: [tells a story about accidentally setting off a fire alarm on the soundstage and then talks about how they tried to make the sets ambiguous so it wouldn’t look like Arrow]

SA: And my basic answer was “who gives a shit?” Because I asked to come out at Sunmerslam in 2015 to the Arrow theme song and there were problems and I freaked the fuck out. So when it came to shooting Speech & Debate, Todd Pitson, the Arrow crew, everyone in Vancouver and everyone at Warner Bros acquiesced eventually. They would have done it quicker if it was THEIR IDEA. But alas. 

CA: [laughs nervously]

AT: Oh the freedom of being off the show. I love it. Tea is spilling everywhere! 

He is so annoying. "I'm the star of Arrow so I demand that I get everything I want. If I want to use these sets for a project that you do not own, you should be grovelling at my feet and give me permission. If I want to use MY shows theme song, you better say yes. I AM the network!"

• Love 2

WBTV might not care that much whilst everyone is in lockdown and they don't have a project lined up wit him but it's stupid to get so salty with such a huge entity that he and his wife might need to work with (and his wife is currently employed by) in the future. Heels is not a guaranteed hit and with so much uncertainty about which shows will actually go ahead at some point, you don't want to give anyone ammunition against you. He was a big fish in a small pond and that's gone now. Even though you were clearly so ready to be done with Arrow long before you left. And yeah this is not the kind if tea I'd actually be shamefully interested in.   There might have been good reason the WB didn't automatically want you randomly filming whatever on their sets both legal, insurance and quality wise.

He definitely sounds like someone who can be extremely temperamental and difficult to work with. I guess at least he's admitting it but is he going to work on that? probably not. 

And needing his younger cousin with a baby to tell him why 9am was good fan engagement time for your project that you should be excited as hell about is apparently popular after years of languishing in the doldrums. Yeesh. 

I know the "live" part of interaction is probably helping get him up in the mornings but maybe they should pre record and edit some of this if he's going to be morning drinking. I guess he's had all his other coping mechanisms taken away and he's not the only one but 

A man with a pregnant wife who had the virus is engaging with more people in various initiatives and platforms and being positive and proactive than him. And his cousin with a baby, which I know is an especially terrifying issue for loads of people right now. 

I don't think his wife has come across well many times before this but from the little bits I've watched before 2nd hand embarrassment has overtaken me is that she is trying to be supportive. I hadn't realised that they had *such* a history of a passive aggressive relationship. Oh well, if it works for them. When I was on twitter I never used to comment on her because I didn't want to get accused of being a toxic Stemily shipper, which no definitely not.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Serious question (not trying to be snarky): Is he on some other drugs as well or just lots of booze?

The weird thing is, I think he’s been sober for a lot these (and when he’s not he calls it out proudly — like how he was drinking a beer when talking to CD because it “was after noon”). When he’s been drunk, he’s been really drunk but I don’t think that’s the norm when he’s filming these. I think he’s just bored and restless and oversharing without any concern for how he’s coming across. On the last one with the S&D gang, he led a discussion about 69ing that was so, so embarrassing. He even mentioned that his mother would see this but he kept on going. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

The first part of SA's instagram chat yesterday was all about the new Nocking Point wine partnership with Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis (Drew's friends)...

ETA: Here's Ashton & Mila's video announcement...
Edited by tv echo

FYI: If you want to watch video of any of the panels from HomeCon, you have to pay the $4.99 subscription fee to Twitch, although I think  Amazon Prime members can watch for free - I've been searching for video of the Arrow panel (BL, AH, KL) on youtube, but no luck so far...

Edited by tv echo

I'd be interested to see how SA would deal being in a true ensemble show. I feel like he wouldn't last long or would try to take on the "leader" role in the cast. If his new show is successful....good for him but if it gets cancelled after 1 season....well...he needs to be humbled a bit.

• Love 3

STARZ normally attends SDCC. So if SDCC had not been cancelled (and if there was no pandemic, in which case, production on Heels would've begun last month), I suspect that there would've been a Heels panel to introduce the new cast, including SA. That would've been a good opportunity to see him interacting with his new cast members and producers.

Although I try not to poo-poo charity stuff and I guess it's better than doing absolutely nothing, the quarantine wine is rubbing me the wrong way, especially considering they have a discounted member price, which means less money going to charity and Nocking Point potentially getting a new member out of the proposition. AND since they're donating profits and not proceeds, so they could tack on some kind of overhead charge to pocket some of that money - not that we're likely to see how much they sold and how much they donated, which is another issue I have. Although I'll take that back if they actually do produce such a thing - but I won't hold my breath. 

Just...give your money directly to the charities, pls. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Just...give your money directly to the charities, pls. 

So many comments on Ashton's twitter post about this are saying the same thing. I don't know how hard it is for celebrities to understand the optics of sitting in their giant houses lecturing fans who are likely not as well off as them to participate in charity. At least mention that you've also made a donation or you're matching what'll be raised in profits or something! It's definitely helping Nocking Point; Drew was saying it's been "flying off the shelf" since AK posted about it. 

In other news, this is super short but new (I think?):

Edited by Trisha
10 hours ago, Featherhat said:

He was a big fish in a small pond and that's gone now.

5 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I'd be interested to see how SA would deal being in a true ensemble show.

These two points really stood out to me - he spent 8 years becoming the godfather of the Arrowverse and the face of the CW. He definitely was a huge presence on the network but... it's the CW. They're good at what they do but they're not a "Big 3" network, nor are they an AMC or even an FX. I think he's in for a bit of a rude awakening on the set of his next show when he's not the title character and clear lead.

• Love 2

I'll be interested to see how the landscape of TV changes once we emerge from the COVID-19 spread. On the positive side, I'm hoping that shows that are on the bubble for renewal will be picked up for next season (personal favorite is Stumptown, but I also love Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist) and whether this affects the number of pilots that are shot. I'm unclear the timing for pilot shoots. Also wondering if backdoor pilots like Green Arrow & the Canaries (oof, that title) has a better shot. 

Is it possible that shows that were in the planning stages don't move forward? Is Heels a sure thing? I'm not interested in wrestling, so won't be watching that one, but I'll always keep an eye on SA from a social media perspective. 

• Love 2

I did a little research into this on Deadline, THR, Variety etc and the rule is basically everything's up in the air. There's a lot of speculation that bubble shows will be renewed so they don't have to build new sets, spend more on getting a new show marketed etc, even if they have a couple of pilots actually shot. 

Many networks including the CW have asked incomplete pilots for additional scripts and details. CW has a couple that were nearly complete as well as Walker, Superman and Lois already ordered, 100 Prequel and GAATC already shot. It would seem to be in a better position because at least they know what it is and have a dozens of hours of footage from these actors and a rough idea of who will watch. But they also didn't like it enough to order it when it aired. Especially with shows like Supernatural needing a 5-7 week ending slot and no idea when filming can actually get under way again they just might not both picking anything up. 

Another article talked about series ordered but not yet shot also potentially being up in the air with producers and networks looking at clauses and penalties for if production doesn't go ahead or is delayed until options run out. Which is a reason I thought SA should really be more professional in his appearances. It probably wouldn't make a difference but you never know who's watching and you might be looking to your previously ex bosses for work again sooner than you think. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just randomly thought I’d check these boards, it’s nice to see they’re still going.

I haven’t seen anything about the cast for months now so it’s kinda interesting to catch up after all this time. I have to admit I was legitimately shocked by SA’s appearance though. I’m not a fan of his in the slightest but he clearly has some issues going on so I hope he gets some help soon. 

BTW, I hope everyone here is safe and well! Take care. 

• Love 5

From ComicBook.com's instagram live interview with KM on April 20...

And here's video of the full interview:

(Gabby Evan)

-- KM talked about what she was doing while quarantining alone at home (working out, game night, cosplaying on theme nights, zooming out).

-- Interviewer mentioned SDCC's cancellation this year and asked KM about her favorite SDCC memory. KM said that she's only been to SDCC once and that it was for Shadowhunters. Some Shadowhunters q&a comments.

-- On what was her favorite part of playing Mia on Arrow, KM: "I think my favorite part of playing Mia was getting to work with Emily and getting to work with Stephen, and sort of studying what they had done, 'cause they had crafted not only two amazing characters but an amazing relationship. And getting to be the product of that and - and pull little bits and pieces of each of their characters, both their assets and their flaws, to create an amalgamation of a person that was worthy of, you know, being the Olicity baby. It was a lot of fun. And they were just the best and the most welcoming individuals."

-- On whether she has ever taken anything from set on any show she's worked on, KM: "Well, I have never taken anything that I haven't been given, I will say that much." She then said that, on Shadowhunters, she was told that they were getting rid of everything, so if the cast wanted anything, they should let them know. So she took a leather jacket and shoes and some prop weapons, as well as a little artist model doll that had been signed by the show's sketch artist. KM also said that the Arrow props department gave her an arrow to practice with and let her keep it. She then showed her "Green Arrow arrow" in the interview.

-- When asked, KM's dream car is a 1960's Jeepster.

-- ComicBook interviewer: "We want to see you back, uh, as Mia and there's - there's - the word - and we're good friends with Marc Guggenheim, and he has seemed optimistic that we're going to have Green Arrow and the Canaries become a thing. I'm obligated to ask, they'll kill me if I don't, is there any update? Is there any progress on that?"
KM: "I have no idea. I just asked the other day and, because of the state of the world and everything that's going on, everything is kinda changed. You know, Upfronts have been cancelled. Nobody knows what's going on. I - we weren't supposed to know until May anyway. And now, at this point, who knows when the decisions are going to be made. Um, you know, obviously I had such a lovely time playing Mia. I'd love to be back. And especially now, there's so many exciting things for her, taking on the mantle of the Green Arrow and moving forward. Um, they made me a really badass suit that I love, so I'd love to wear it again. But, you know, we'll see. Time will tell."

-- On whether it's surreal to say out loud that she's the Green Arrow now, KM: "It's a lot of responsibility, honestly, because Stephen and company worked so hard to create such an amazing legacy that means so much to so many people. And the fact that, you know, if things move forward positively, I'll be entrusted with that is insane. But, you know, there are times, doing what I do for a living, that you do kind of have to pinch yourself and go, 'this - this can't be what I do for a living.' And one of those times was the crossover. You know, when you're on set in your own superhero suit with Green Arrow and Batwoman and Supergirl and three Supermen and The Flash and, you know, all of these amazing people, you look around and you go, 'what - what am I - who am I - what is this?'"

-- On whether SA gave her any advice when he put on the Green Arrow suit for the last time while she put on the Green Arrow suit for the first time, KM: "I mean, in general, he has been the most supportive and has always said, 'if you ever have any questions, if you ever need anything, I'm here for you.' So he sort of has been my, you know, my DC Universe dad, and it's awesome in that sense. But, um, it's funny you say that, him putting it on for the last time and me for the first time, our last day on set together was on the crossover and we didn't realize it until that morning. We just kinda looked at each other and went, 'wait, this is our last day working together.' And it made the rest of the day kinda bittersweet. Thank God it was a fun day, otherwise it would've been so sad."

-- On whether Mia considers Barry as her uncle, KM: "I think so. I think, uncle, big brother, something. That's - honestly, Grant and I had so much fun with that relationship between Mia and Barry on the crossover, because characters like Sara Lance and Barry Allen know Oliver Queen so well. And they can see these sort of more aggressive tendencies in Mia. And so they can, not only advise her, but know how to kind of handle her, in a sense. When it gets to these situations of just, 'calm down, we're gonna - Mia, we're gonna go, we're gonna step away, take a breath, talk about this, and we'll be back.' But I think, you know, if things do move forward, it leaves a lot of openings for some fun banter." When asked, KM said that she would love for Mia to have more scenes with Barry, if the spinoff moves forward."

-- On what it was like shooting her last scene with SA and EBR versus shooting her first scene with them, KM: "I mean, it was - it was - I wouldn't say night and day, because we all spent a lot of time together, you know, between comic cons and different things, social time as well. But I remember instantly clicking with both Stephen and Emily. And that was such a relief. But getting to work with Stephen, you know, because he does have this legacy and does sort of have this clout as the Green Arrow, and our first scene together was, you know, we both had to be completely in tears and I was covered in blood, and it was - it was a big scene. But I'm sort of glad for it, because it gave me a lot to focus on, and we just kind of dove in head first to the deep end of the pool. And both of us were crying when the camera wasn't even on us for that scene. Um, and, you know, the - the last scene we spent together running through an abandoned building, with things exploding behind us, shooting arrows in tandem. So I think that journey was pretty perfect. And with Emily, we - we had a really, really great time. We have a very similar sense of humor. And, you know, she's such a fantastic actor who will always bring something new to surprise you. So whether, you know, we're mother-daughtering it up or, uh, singing Hamilton in between takes, we had an incredible time."

Edited by tv echo

From 709 (Elseworlds, Part 2) - in "Oliver"'s opening voiceover, MG changed the scripted "Olicity" hug to a kiss in the opening montage...

Edited by tv echo
On 4/20/2020 at 5:12 AM, Featherhat said:

I know the "live" part of interaction is probably helping get him up in the mornings but maybe they should pre record and edit some of this if he's going to be morning drinking. 

The videos with Drew are pre-recorded. He mentioned the other day that he watches them back before posting them to make sure he doesn't say anything "problematic" and he joked about starting a new segment called "questions I forgot to ask during the interview." So I guess he thinks everything he's said so far is non-problematic? Which is...yikes.

He is going to have someone from Arrow on today's video, but hasn't confirmed who. They're trying to turn these daily videos into a "show" and podcast (at a time when podcast usage is at a low due to decreased commuting - lol) so I'm guessing they'll save big guns like Emily until then, but who knows?

20 hours ago, Kymmi said:

I'll be interested to see how the landscape of TV changes once we emerge from the COVID-19 spread.

Vulture had a really interesting article about how networks are scrambling to build a library of scripts, so assuming Green Arrow and the Canaries already has a virtual writers room in place, they might have a leg up. There's also a move to avoid pilot season and order shows straight to series. 

• Love 2

Child fan Sarah (from SDCC) and Juliana Harkavy were the guests on April 21...

-- JH said that, right before she got cast on Arrow, she almost quit acting.

-- SA asked her if she remembered the first day they met, which was before she started filming. JH said that she was "scared" to meet him because she didn't know what to expect. SA said that, when JH got cast, they were working on episode 510, which was before the episode in which JH debuted (512), and he was shooting with Josh Segarra (who's going to be on one of SA's chats this week). When asked about her memories of her first episode, JH said that it felt like a "dream" and that she didn't know if she could get through it, so she just had to be "present." 

-- SA said that one of his favorite scenes is when they "collectively as a group went to Russia." JH agreed and thought there was "something very organic" about that scene.

-- When SA asked about shooting the backdoor pilot for Green Arrow and the Canaries, JH said that there was "a lot of responsibility" to carry on the "legacy" that SA created. JH said that she was trying to "channel [Stephen's] resilience and work ethic." JH also said some more complimentary things about SA.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

YSB Now's interview with KM on April 21...

Katherine McNamara on "Arrow" & "Shadowhunters" Series Finales + More!
YSBnow  Apr 21, 2020

-- On why fans should get the Arrow S8 dvd/blu-ray (out Apr. 28), KM: "Well, this is as good a time as any to relive all of your favorite TV moments, including the entire season of Arrow and Season 8. You know, Season 7, I came into the show. Season 8 was so special because it really is where everything came full circle. And, uh, these DVDs actually have a lot of bonus features, too. There's the Arrow retrospective. There's a lot of bonus features from Crisis On Infinite Earths. A lot of commentaries. And - and much, much more."

-- On what she heard about from fans or stood out the most for her character in the Arrow series finale, KM: "I think what things - one moment that fans keep mentioning to me is when, uh, Oliver gives Mia her Green Arrow suit... You know, we saw Oliver get his Green Arrow suit and then getting to see him physically pass that torch on, it's such a bittersweet moment. You know, Mia's father was such a hole in her life and she finally got him back. Then learning that he - she was probably going to lose him again. And, on top of that, getting her suit. You know, she's finally committed to being a vigilante, committing to fighting with her father. And yet, by getting the suit, she knows that that chapter is about to come to a close. And there's only one Green Arrow. So it's such a bittersweet, touching moment, and they did such a good job. And, you know, working with Stephen was just a dream, so that - it brought it full circle for me."

-- On how she prepared to get into her character of Mia and whether she borrowed any of her prep steps from Shadowhunters for Arrow, KM: "There are two things that I'm really, really grateful that I brought from Shadowhunters over. One is, you know, we had such an amazing crew on Shadowhunters that was there from day one, most of them, and they taught me how to work with a camera crew and how to work together as a team to make the shots happen, to be efficient, and to adjust for each other, which is something that, you know, not every camera crew does and not every actor does. But it - we had such a family socially that it made the creative and the work environment so much better, because we were able to be one symbiotic being, as it were. And taking that over to Arrow, and being able to sort of observe and see what people needed and how I could fit into that puzzle was awesome. And, aside from that, it was the training. You know, when I started Shadowhunters, I didn't know how to hold a sword, I didn't know how to throw a punch, I didn't know how to do anything. And the trainers on those - the trainers and our stunt coordinators on Shadowhunters taught me everything I know. And then being able to take that skill set straight into Arrow, where Mia is... literally throwing punches, as a badass cage fighter, I was so grateful to have that skill set."

-- On what was important to her about playing a "layered and really interesting character" like Mia, KM: "I think the most important thing is bringing that balance and trying to find the best way to be an amalgamation of Oliver and Felicity, and finding what new spaces that brings for Mia, in and of herself. We - Oliver and Felicity individually were such strong, diverse, nuanced characters, and then together they made each other better. And so, being their child, I wanted to sort of play off of that and bring whatever elements and character traits and little quirks and tics that I could into Mia. And on top of that, it allowed for this new character to emerge, that had her father's sort of brooding darkness but then her mother's wit and humor, and - and this sort of ability to play both ends against the middle."

-- On what it was like filming and then seeing the Arrow series finale, KM (after talking about the Shadowhunters series finale): "It was very similar with Arrow, because it had been such a legacy and I had gotten to work with so many of that cast, being in the Crisis crossover and the different timelines and everything in Season 8. They brought back so many people that I'd watched on the show. It really brought it back full circle to be shooting Oliver's funeral with Emily, playing Mia who now has these two realities of growing up with her mother as a socialite and then growing up in the original reality that we saw her. There was a lot happening there, but I really think it brought the series to a close in a way that fans can appreciate, even as bittersweet as it has to be."

Edited by tv echo
42 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Child fan Sarah (from SDCC) and Juliana Harkavy were the guests on April 21.

I was never a fan of Dinah as a character but JH always seems like a lovely person. And SA clearly adores her. This was him at his most tolerable since he started these things! (I mean, after she left he went into a weird baseball analogy about internet trolls, but still.)

• Love 2

How long are you guys going to be locked up for?

I find his descent into madness fascinating. Doesn't he have stuff to do besides drink?

Are they allowed nannies with social distancing where he is? Does he need to home school? Or do rich people's kids don't need to go to school properly?

I find it fascinating as they have a young kid. 

48 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Are they allowed nannies with social distancing where he is? Does he need to home school? Or do rich people's kids don't need to go to school properly?

They have a live-in nanny. She appears to be with them now (or was at one point) because when Carina was oversharing about her life she tweeted that she was "quarantining" with 3 other adults and a child. 

• Useful 1

I hope the Nanny's still there with all the drinking and "responsible gathering" they've been doing. Although to be fair Cassandra might not be getting as drunk as he seems to be. 

Kat MacNamara continues to be the best and to show everyone else how to engage in fandom in a low key but fun way. She's one of the people that could give SA and others SM lessons, she's a beast about and manages to come across up beat and positive. And CD, who's doing positive things and being much more transparent about profits.

TV guide randomly posts a pic they know is good for getting a lot of likes, retweets and comments.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

I hope the Nanny's still there with all the drinking and "responsible gathering" they've been doing. Although to be fair Cassandra might not be getting as drunk as he seems to be. 

Pretty sure one of the reasons they have a nanny is so they can do all the drinking and "responsible gathering" they like lol. 

• Love 2

Is their nanny's name Mackenzie? Because they frequently mention her being with them right now (but never refer to her as a nanny -- SA was talking recently about them all going to a clinic to get checked for covid antibodies and Mackenzie came too because "she's family at this point").

He was also on Aisha Tyler's live stream last night (I think for charity?) but I didn't watch it cause it's over an hour. 

Edited by Trisha