Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

MG's unsatisfactory answer to that question we all wanted to know in COIE - Sara certainly seemed to have a connection with her mother in S2...

Also, see my latest post in the 808 episode thread here.

Sara: "Yeah. He was just the last tether to my old life, you know? And he was the only person left who knew me when I was just... me. With him gone, my connection to this world, this place, to that tree... it's gone."

Sara: "When did you get so wise? The Legends, they are my family. They have been for a while. I guess I just - I always thought there would be at least someone who remembered what I was like before I got on that boat."

Edited by tv echo

Anna Hopkins was also part of the Expanse panel (along with Kris Holden-Ried) - so she participated in three panels at HomeCon (Shadowhunters, Arrow, The Expanse)...

Edited by tv echo

A lot of people I know are going bonkers (except my bestie and husband who are identical in temperament and taking this all calmly like they do every other freaking thing in life) so it's not too weird that someone like SA is starting to lose it. 

He always seemed mentally frail. I'm actually surprised he hasn't lost the plot yet.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

He always seemed mentally frail. I'm actually surprised he hasn't lost the plot yet.

True. Though I’ve been watching his daily IGTV videos with Drew and he’s mostly seemed good, except for the one where he had on a really interesting guest (his friend who is in charge of the Covid response in Washington) and SA admitted he had 4 glasses of wine before their chat and kept interrupting with slurred questions. He hasn’t seemed like he’s super stressed; just not self-aware enough to not drink before shooting a live video. And I know a lot of people hate his wife, but she looked like she was trying to save him from himself a few times during tonight’s charity live. She clearly didn’t want him to tell the story of them having sex while he was in his Arrow suit when shooting the pilot.

There’s also been a marked shift in making his daughter much more visible in his videos which is interesting, especially since a few days ago he mentioned that his wife tried to keep her a bit sheltered from that until she got older and could decide for herself how much to share. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, tv echo said:

MG's unsatisfactory answer to that question we all wanted to know in COIE - Sara certainly seemed to have a connection with her mother in S2...

Also, see my latest post in the 808 episode thread here.

Sara: "Yeah. He was just the last tether to my old life, you know? And he was the only person left who knew me when I was just... me. With him gone, my connection to this world, this place, to that tree... it's gone."

Sara: "When did you get so wise? The Legends, they are my family. They have been for a while. I guess I just - I always thought there would be at least someone who remembered what I was like before I got on that boat."

Didnt they make it a point that Sara was more like Dinah, Laurel like Quentin? For Sara not having a big connection to her mom....sure is strange that Sara would let her in on her excursion with Oliver, Dinah kept it a secret and was the only one to keep hope alive that Sara hadnt died.....reminds me why MG annoys me

• Love 4

I haven't really been following SA's Instagram live stuff only if someone else reports he said something particularly interesting or had an interesting guest. Because I was kind of expecting bored drinking (he certainly wouldn't be the only one) and some remarks he might wish he hadn't made. 

Stuff like having sex in the Arrow suit is information I really didn't need from him, especially because every time I read a fic of Olicity doing the same thing I'm going to think of it. 

Interesting that he's showing their daughter more because they previously had been fairly careful to not show her face when she got older. Hmm. 

2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Didnt they make it a point that Sara was more like Dinah, Laurel like Quentin? For Sara not having a big connection to her mom....sure is strange that Sara would let her in on her excursion with Oliver, Dinah kept it a secret and was the only one to keep hope alive that Sara hadnt died.....reminds me why MG annoys me

Yeah in S1 they made a big deal about how it was Quentin and Laurel and Dinah and Sara. I guess they dialled back on it a bit in later seasons when AK wasn't available and we have no idea what she knows about Sara's current Waverider life and she's never been mentioned on LOT. But Laurel was still portrayed as Quentin's rock even then. 

It was just a stupid, glib answer because they wanted to have Sara say Oliver was the last connection she had to her old life and didn't remember or didn't care that Sara should have a mother alive in Central City. 

Though I’ve been watching his daily IGTV videos with Drew and he’s mostly seemed good, except for the one where he had on a really interesting guest (his friend who is in charge of the Covid response in Washington) and SA admitted he had 4 glasses of wine before their chat and kept interrupting with slurred questions. 

I've only watched snippets of a few of his IG lives and in every one of them he mentioned either having Bailey's in his coffee or drinking hair of the dog (after their "responsible gathering," where he said he and Cassandra really tied one on the night before). As a licensed internet doctor, my completely professional opinion is that perhaps he's struggling with a bit of an alcohol problem that's spiraling because he no longer has a set schedule he needs to be functional for.

There’s also been a marked shift in making his daughter much more visible in his videos which is interesting, especially since a few days ago he mentioned that his wife tried to keep her a bit sheltered from that until she got older and could decide for herself how much to share. 

These two seem to have a really weird passive-aggressive dynamic to their relationship. Like back when I first started watching Arrow and followed them both, he'd tweet about his gluten-free diet, then she'd tweet about how stupid and ineffective gluten-free diets are. He'd do an ice bucket challenge video, she'd tweet about how stupid the ice bucket challenge was. She'd publicly post about being excited for Coachella, he'd keep posting about how dumb it was (until he decided it wasn't that dumb after all - although I cannot be sad about this change in attitude because it led to his wife tweeting at Whoopi Goldberg that she doesn't have to take showers because they have a saltwater pool). Tonight he tweeted about her telling him that if he kept dancing a certain way, maybe he'd get his abs back. Him telling a story she didn't want told about Arrow suit nasty, him showing their daughter when she doesn't want it, etc seems pretty on brand for that relationship.

As a licensed internet therapist, my completely professional opinion is that shit's weird over there but I guess it works for them? 

I come away from all of this just hoping that all of the wardrobe people wore PPE back in the day. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

As a licensed internet doctor, my completely professional opinion is that perhaps he's struggling with a bit of an alcohol problem that's spiraling because he no longer has a set schedule he needs to be functional for.

Yeah. I know personally I’m drinking a bit more in quarantine and most of my friends are too, so when it happened a few days ago I just thought “meh, it’s a weird time.” But when he had his friend in to talk about the government’s approach to the virus and could barely form words, he just laughed it off later and seemed to think it was funny how drunk he appeared. I’d be mortified and make sure to stay sober for all future videos (esp ones where you’re a guest and there to talk about your company and charity). But last night was BAD. There was even a moment when the host mentioned that people were commenting a lot about Oliver and he kind of rolled his eyes. And she read a comment about how come Code 8 isn’t on Netflix in Canada and he said something like “Honestly, I don’t f*cking care.” I’m guessing he wasn’t the ambassador both Drew and Robbie wanted him to be last night. 

Patti is scheduled to give birth in July and joked that she's researching how to give birth in her shower at home (both Patti and Colin sing in this video, separately - Colin sings an original song - and then they do this really cute duet together at the end)...

#StarsInTheHouse #19: Patti Murin & Colin Donnell
The Actors Fund    Streamed live on Mar 25, 2020

To make a tax deductible donation to The Actors Fund, visit https://www.starsinthehouse.com

Patti Murin & Colin Donnell join Seth Rudetsky & James Wesley to promote and support The Actors Fund on Wednesday, March 25, 2020! 

SiriusXM Broadway host Seth Rudetsky and his husband, producer James Wesley, will produce a daily online mini-show, entitled “Stars In The House”! Featuring stars of stage and screen singing and performing live (from home!) on YouTube, this concert series will promote support for The Actors Fund’s services for those most vulnerable to the effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19).  

Stars of Almost Love, an ensemble romantic comedy-drama (became available digitally and on demand on April 3) - CD sang two more songs...

#StarsInTheHouse #41: Colin Donnell, Caissie Levy, Mike Doyle & Scott Evans
The Actors Fund    Streamed live on Apr 6, 2020

ETA: When asked, CD said that his wife Patti really hopes that she doesn't have to give birth in the shower.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Yeah. I know personally I’m drinking a bit more in quarantine and most of my friends are too, so when it happened a few days ago I just thought “meh, it’s a weird time.” But when he had his friend in to talk about the government’s approach to the virus and could barely form words, he just laughed it off later and seemed to think it was funny how drunk he appeared. I’d be mortified and make sure to stay sober for all future videos (esp ones where you’re a guest and there to talk about your company and charity). But last night was BAD.

I refuse to watch because my secondhand embarrassment meter is very sensitive, but I've read that Cassandra brought him more wine during this thing? Had he already lost the plot by that point? 

I would be mortified, but it seems like he doesn't think he has a problem. Hopefully someone who cares about him takes him aside and tries to get him some help. It seems like everything's going to be closed down for a while, and it'll probably only get worse the longer he has nothing concrete to do.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

I've read that Cassandra brought him more wine during this thing? Had he already lost the plot by that point? 

Yeah, she brought him another glass when he was already slurring, and talked about how they were drinking white because the sun was still out but would be moving on to rose for sunset and red after dark. That being said, it's good she was there because she was also drinking wine but didn't seem drunk at all and took over a lot when he seemed incapable of forming words. 

Whether it's an actual problem or he's just bored at home, I hope someone in his life pulls him aside and lets him know this is not a good public look. Most of the replies on his tweet about the event are about how embarrassingly drunk he was.

Edited by Trisha
  • Love 2

It seems like he's a guy who really needs a lot of structure to function well. And I get it - I'm popping an edible nightly and when I think I should take a night off, say to myself but why and do it anyway. But I'm not then going live on social media and being sloppy nor do I have fans or a job that depends on my ability to make people want to watch me act. 

• Love 3

And we have a challenger for most embarrassing, out-of-touch quarantine posts by the Arrow cast:

She thought she had such a good point she even tagged the mayor of LA 🤦‍♀️
Edited by lemotomato
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

And we have a challenger for most embarrassing, out-of-touch quarantine posts by the Arrow cast

She posted this really strange IG story the other day about going to her building’s mailroom and she had fashioned an outfit out of a garbage bag. It’s like she thought she needed PPE to get her mail or something? It was bizarre. 

On the plus side, at least SA recognized that he screwed up. On today’s video with Drew, he said: “I should not be doing Instagrams at 5:30 after playing tennis and a couple of glasses of wine. My body is breathing into the just being done with the show and not having anything to do. I went to bed at 6:30 last night.” (I mean, I’m doubting that it was due to tennis and just a couple of drinks, but at least he appeared to be a bit chagrined.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

She posted this really strange IG story the other day about going to her building’s mailroom and she had fashioned an outfit out of a garbage bag. It’s like she thought she needed PPE to get her mail or something? It was bizarre. 

She also tweeted something about the earth needing a "reset," which...I'm sure that's comforting to the people who are going to be financially ruined by this, great take lol.

(I mean, I’m doubting that it was due to tennis and just a couple of drinks, but at least he appeared to be a bit chagrined.)

Yeah, two BOTTLES of wine, maybe. No way two glasses of wine does anything to him at this point and if I'm being honest I doubt two bottles would make him that bad either, haha.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, I get the impression from that public transportation tweet and another one where she waxed poetic about how this pandemic was a "reset" for the earth that she doesn't really know what's going on beyond "please stay at home" and "virus is everywhere". 

• Love 2

Yeah, I’ve seen too many posts that have made me cringe, like SA and KC’s, especially since they show up on my timeline surrounded by posts from health care workers and people talking about losing loved ones. 

Also, please tell me we won’t have to hear from drunk SA on Twitter or Instagram again. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Also, please tell me we won’t have to hear from drunk SA on Twitter or Instagram again. 

Given his usual cycle of repentance to belligerence when he does some dumb shit that people call him out on, he should be hosting a drunk Instagram party by Thursday at the latest.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Social media needs to implement a 24 hour period between when you type out your post to when it actually posts. And then a little pop up says - Do you really need to post this at this time? Is this tone deaf? Are you rich and out of touch? 

• Love 5

The reset thing is doing the round with some of my friends and contacts. It's great that there's less pollution from cars and everything else but there's still a big down side to this even for the environment let alone the human cost. And it often comes across as smug and tone deaf. 

With SA he was supposed to be filming a new series right now and had been getting back into shape for it. Whilst I'm sure it does take time for the mind and body to recover from 7.5 years of Arrow he can't keep using that as an excuse forever. Or if he feels he needs to he should seek help. /internet doctor. 

I mean like he certainly wouldn't be the only celebrity (or regular person) to be clearly three sheets to the wind or anything on camera and during the day recently but it will start to get worrying if he carries on for months of it. 

• Love 1

I get the feeling that SA really needs structure and exercise* and without it he kind of falls apart. Interviews with people who have worked with him talk about how focused and work-oriented he is on set but maybe without the structure of work there isn't structure in his real life. I wonder if this was a problem in his first marriage. (And also if I could send him an ADHD self-test.)

* Cassandra should be ordering home gym equipment for him. Not tennis because that ball is not self-isolating.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

* Cassandra should be ordering home gym equipment for him. Not tennis because that ball is not self-isolating.

He has a home gym - he's done some Instagram lives where it was in the background. He's mentioned that his daughter takes tennis lessons, so he's probably playing with her. 

My reaction to KC's tweet was just like this one...

I know she's just trying to be helpful, but maybe she should just stop tweeting about it. 

Or maybe KC - and SA - should do what KM and CD are doing and use their free time to participate remotely in charitable projects during this real life crisis.

Also, if SA is really bored, he should look into signing up for virtual cons (like BL). From what I can tell, HomeCon was very successful, so I'm sure there will be another one scheduled in the near future. Also, Wizard World and GalaxyCon are both starting to host virtual cons, while Collider has partnered with Virtual Fan Expo.

FYI:
MISSING CON LIFE? HERE ARE SOME VIRTUAL EVENTS TO GET YOUR COMIC CON FIX FROM HOME
Vanessa Armstrong   April 13, 2020
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/comic-con-virtual-online-attendance

Although no Arrowverse actors are currently scheduled for any of these listed cons, there may be more virtual cons out there. Also, Virtual Fan Expo may add guests in the next few weeks (and it's apparently free to attendees and vendors).

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Another upcoming event has gone virtual...

ATX Television Festival, June 5-7, 2020 (Austin, TX)
http://atxfestival.com/attend/atxseason9update/ 

Perhaps now more than ever, we believe that TV is a powerful medium for change and empathy. We are committed to our mission of fully serving and fostering our community at all times. For this reason, and to ensure the ongoing safety of all, this year we will not be having a physical festival in Austin, but instead we will be celebrating Television where we all enjoy it, the couch! We are excited to announce that ATX Television Festival Season 9 will be a virtual weekend (June 5 – 7, 2020) where we can still come together and celebrate our love of TV and its ever evolving forms, especially during times like these. We’re calling it “ATX TV…from the Couch!”

Beth Schwartz had once expressed an interest in participating in this event, but who knows now?

Edited by tv echo

Katherine McNamara On "Just Like James," Her Song Supporting The COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund
BUILD Series   April 13, 2020

-- KM: "I'm in Los Angeles. I'm on my own.  So it's been a little over three weeks since I've had human contact... I've learned that I need human interaction and sunshine to feel normal. So, you know, I'm getting it as I can. But, you know, thank goodness we live in a world where technology can still keep us all connected in a way."

-- KM: "I'm a very social creature, so it's been very strange, especially, you know, this happened to be a period of time where I was excited to be in L.A. and have a little bit of time off and be able to catch up with folks, and then global pandemic, of course. But, you know, we make do as we can. And I'm actually, uh - I'm reorganizing my house and, uh, creative new ways to work out. It's been - it's been, you know, self-care, as well." 

-- When asked about her creative ways to work out, KM: "There have been several things that I've tried. One thing that I discovered, I went and bought one of those sort of obsidian slide boards that - it mimics how you do hockey and things like that. But before it came in, I just took a dish towel and put it under one of my feet and was able to do, like, side lunges and other things that you can kind of take the friction away... I have a little patio outside my door, and just jumping rope or doing jump squats or whatever part of my workout I can do outside in the fresh air, that's kind of been amazing."

-- KM talked about her song, "Just About James," with all sales proceeds going to the World Health Organization's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund. She also talked about doing a viral monologue for The 24 Hour Plays (Broadway non-profit group). KM also mentioned that the release date for her new mini-series, Stephen King's The Stand, is still uncertain.

-- KM thanked "all the essential workers and everybody in the health care system that is working tirelessly and working themselves literally to the bone to help the world save as many lives as possible."

FYI: Obsidian slide boards are selling at Amazon for US $99.95, and at Obsidian for US $69.95-$99.95 (depending on size).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Get your board while you can. France announced today that it was suspending all Amazon deliveries to protect their workers.

Good for KM.  SA really needs to look to her and Ryan Reynolds for how a leader behaves in this pandemic. Reynolds and his wife have donated $1 million to food banks, another $400,,000 to another organization (first responders, I think) and are donating 30% if the profits of his gin company to bar staff who are losing money with the bars shut. Last week he joined with hockey gold medallist Hailey Wickenheiser to  get PPE to medial staff.

SA doesn't need to spend his time drinking in front of the camera. He needs to be the man he thinks he is.

• Love 7

I was watching the 3rd episode of Some Good News that John Krasinski is doing, and he's such an example of a celeb that gets it along with those mentioned above. He saw how depressing the news was and wanted to put some good out in the world. And using his connections he managed to get an OBC reunion of Hamilton, lifetime seats for healthcare workers for the Boston Red Sox, and AT&T to pay for every healthcare workers cell phone bill for 3 months. In addition to that, he made me not want to crawl under my bed and weep for 1000 years. That's using your status and clout for the greater good. Not that every celeb has to do some big production. I love that Kat did a story time to raise money. SA has done so many successful charity drives so he can do it. And it's not that he needs to do anything. That's completely reasonable. But obviously having people over and breaking quarantine while also being sloppy drunk is not the best look for him. 

• Love 9

I don’t know why I keep watching SA’s daily videos (morbid curiosity, I guess) but today he had Cody Rhodes on, who ended up being pretty entertaining and a great storyteller. But they talked about shooting the prison scenes in S7 and SA did not come off like a nice guy to be around on set.

CR: There was this really great moment where Stephen’s bow screwed up on him while I was nailed to the floor...The bow string popped back in his face and Stephen got really hot on set and it got really quiet. And the quiet, I describe it as it felt like it was about 10 mins of very, very quiet and he was up on this rig and I was just stuck. I couldn’t move. I was in a runners position. And then you just literally, I could barely hear you, you just go “ok” and then we started back up. But it was terrifying; I thought heads were gonna roll. 

SA: But so here’s what happened. I’m like up on the roof and I go to yank out the arrow [from my quiver] and I kept hitting the roof that was clearly covered in asbestos and I got really mad. I’m like “What the f*ck am I doing up here in this spot where I can’t literally reach back and grab an arrow?” I think what happened was I got upset and then I was like “Alright so you know what? We’re going to keep going here; I’m not going to be able to grab the arrow the way that I want to. I’m disappointed in the construct of this scene.” [laughs]

CR: It was unreal. He yelled at like one person and then everybody got quiet. No one did anything for 10 minutes. And I just was stuck there. And I thought maybe I’ll like crack a joke but then not even. I’ll just let this play out. 

• Useful 1

First of all, I could’ve happily lived my life without that Arrow suit pilot story. 😬

On the subject of his temper on set, that was kind of an intense story. SA talks about how he’s mellowed since the earlier seasons, so scared to know what that felt like. Yikes. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I could’ve happily lived my life without that Arrow suit pilot story.

Same. I’ll at least go my entire life never hearing that story. In fact, I may be unlikely to watch/listen to any of his live videos again before reading what he says first to make sure there aren’t any other details about his life I don’t need to hear. 

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Same. I’ll at least go my entire life never hearing that story. In fact, I may be unlikely to watch/listen to any of his live videos again before reading what he says first to make sure there aren’t any other details about his life I don’t need to hear. 

Next he's gonna double fist Nocking Point's most recent collabs and go into excruciating detail about the night he lost his virginity. 

On the subject of his temper on set, that was kind of an intense story. SA talks about how he’s mellowed since the earlier seasons, so scared to know what that felt like. Yikes. 

I guess now it makes sense why whenever he'd be doing Facebook lives on set the PA would so tentatively knock on his trailer door. Anyone working on his new show who happened to turn in must be very excited for filming!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I did not transcribe everything...

ELLE Goes Through Kat McNamara's Phone: DMs, Selfies, and Crazy Group Chats Revealed!
ELLE    Apr 14, 2020

Do you ever wish you had access to your favorite celeb's phone? Consider it our command. ELLE is kicking off our newest series, #OnThePhone, with Arrow star and Shadowhunters alum #KatMcNamara. ... Watch as we check in on Kat's #StayHome fixes, get invited into her wildest group chat, and find out why she's staying away from TikTok. 

-- KM said that she sets three alarms to make sure that she gets up on time. KM: "I called my mom first, uh, because she's at home with family. And my mom is also an infectious disease scientist, so I get the updates daily from her as to what's going on the world, 'cause it's good to stay informed."

-- KM: "Oh, by the way, shout-out to Shadowhunters and Arrow fandoms because your memes are amazing... But this particular one was sent to me by my girl Maya, who's a writer on Arrow. And it made me laugh so hard. So I didn't even realize I did this at first, but Mia never sits in a chair. And I don't know why I started that. I think it's because I had this badass office with a desk and a bunch of papers piled around everywhere, and I just ended up sitting on my desk most of the time and not in the chair. And from that point, I started trying to purposefully not sit in chairs, 'cause it sort of became a Mia thing. And this tweet - it's a tweet that says, 'Mia said I respect that chair sitting life but it ain't for me.' And it's a little video (Shows her phone screen) - I don't know if you guys can see - of all the times when Mia never sits in a chair. Very silly. And the tweet is from fraysmile. So thank you for the video, for the tweet, and thank you, Maya, for notifying me of it, 'cause it made me giggle."  KM also gave a shout-out to Lord Mesa.

Edited by tv echo

#AskAScientist: Kat and Nicole
The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine    Apr 14, 2020

#AskAScientist is a down-and-dirty, shot-at-home, short video series of uncertain duration and frequency in which our friends of The Science & Entertainment Exchange, a program of the National Academy of Sciences, talk to scientists who answer their most pressing questions about the state of the state in science.  

Our second installment features Katherine McNamara speaking to the Nicole Lurie, former Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response at the United States Department of Health and Human Services.  Kat asks her about COVID-19 and how we can help reduce the spread.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

A fan described briefly running into EBR at C2E2...

C2E2 2020: when i met Emily Bett Rickards/Felicity Smoak
Skattered Shadows   April 15, 2020

-- Phil TMNT: "Guys, like I said, I usually try to stay with the group, at least for a few minutes, for a few moments, when I first get at C2E2, and then I usually break away, do my own thing. ... And, I want to say, like, what, the first 15-ess minutes, I nearly bump into this red-headed lady. And I, as a gentleman, I said, I apologize. I said, 'oh, sorry, my bad.' And she said, 'no, no, no' - something like, 'that's okay.' Something like that, I don't remember the exact wording she used. And so I said 'hi' to try to save the situation - to - as it kinda felt like an awkward confrontation with this lady. So, as I said 'sorry,' I said 'hi,' and she said 'hi.' And that was pretty much our conversation. Then we walked away and did our own things. And then it hit me, like seven seconds later - seven, five seconds later, it hit me. Like, no... that was Felicity Smoak! Like, I know she's not, like, the actual actress, it's not blonde hair. And they even tease that in the show, that she dyes her hair. She - I think she's a brunette, uh, naturally. She just dyed her hair blonde. For C2E2, she dyed her hair red. So I was so excited, like,  I just met an Arrow actor. 'Cause I knew she was gonna be there along with Stephen Amell, who played Oliver Queen. I just met an Arrow actor! Unofficially. Without realizing it. And I just realized it! So I call my brother and say, 'Bro, guess what, I met Felicity Smoak from Arrow!' (Deepens voice) 'Did you take a picture with her?' (Normal voice) 'No, I just realized it.' ... 'Oh, I don't believe you.' 'Screw you. I'm excited. Love you. Don't take this away from me.' ... That was one of the times in my life where I nerded out the most, but... one of the times where I'm - I was the most mad at myself. Still am. Because I was - I could have potentially tried to, like, flatly ask her: 'Hey, big fan of yours. I - I love Arrow. Felicity is one of my favorite act - characters. Can I please take a picture with you?' Which, genuinely, Felicity is one of my favorite characters from Arrow. She wasn't exactly my favorite character in Season 4 and only in Season 4. In Season 5, she kind of, uh, grew on me again. And the only reason she wasn't my favorite character in Season 4 is because, [unintelligible word(s)] in Season 3, Oliver and Felicity decided to go to, like, their own paradise home. And they get pulled back into Starling City because Ra's al Ghul and the League of Assassins.... But Oliver found out that Felicity was secretly working with Team Arrow and she didn't tell him. Okay, that's fine. But then [unintelligible word] she got mad for Oliver keeping secrets, for Oliver keeping the fact that he had a son after agreeing to keep him having a son a secret just so he could see him. That is my issue with Felicity in Season 4. Or was that the Damian Darhk season? I think it was the Damian Darhk season when she had that issue. Yeah... Are you kidding me? Are you seriously going to get mad at Oliver for keeping secrets when you kept a secret and then you're going to dump Oliver too.... When you kept a secret from him for working with Team Arrow. You yourself also know that, by dating him, with prior knowledge that he has gone through hell for five years. And ever since he came back, he's had to deal with his past and you've been in that journey for like three years so far. And you're getting mad for keeping secrets. That was my issue with Felicity in Season 4. I'm being legit. That was, like, the only time when I actually had an issue with Felicity Smoak. But, like, the first three seasons, I liked her. The beginning part of Season 4, she was okay. Like, later on, I guess, as Season 4 progressed, I did not really - I - I did not like her character. Beginning of Season 5, the Prometheus season, I certainly didn't like her because I was mad after what she did to Oliver, plus she dated someone else and tried to keep that a secret from Oliver because she was trying to find the right words, like, the hypocrisy. But later on in that season, she did apologize for being a douchebag for breaking up with him because he kept a secret from her, which was - that was the moment that character regained my respect. That tension out of the way, Felicity Smoak as a character, she is seriously one of my favorite characters of Arrow. And the entire eight seasons of Arrow, I only had one issue with that character and I just said it. It would've been great to see more of Felicity in Season 8, outside of the very last episode, but... it was still great to see her in Season 8... But, yeah, Felicity is one of my favorite characters. Emily, uh, Bett - I'm having a brain fart on the actress's name, but I know her last - same as like 'records' and her first name is Emily. And her middle - I think she goes by Emily Betsy Records, something like that? I'll have her actual name in the title, so don't worry... But yeah, meeting her was like great... I missed my chance to ask, 'hey, can I get a selfie with you?' Like, I missed my chance of potentially getting a free selfie with her, 'cause getting a picture with her costs, like, I think, 80 bucks? And then an autograph costs a bit more? I don't know. But yeah, I was able to meet her... I was just randomly walking. I literally nearly, like, pretty much bumped into her. I apologized, was able to say 'hi' to her, was mad at myself for not recognizing it was her, still mad at myself for not recognizing it was her, and I'm just nerding out that I was able to meet an Arrow actor at C2E2 ... Like, I'm still losing my mind. I'm beating myself up. Like, why didn't I say 'hi' to her? Like - like, well, I did say 'hi' to her, but, like, why didn't I recognize her until, like, it was too late? ... By the time I recognized her, I didn't know where she went. I didn't know which direction. ... But I didn't want to come off as a creep. I didn't want to say, 'oh my God, where is she?' And make a big scene and potentially have, like, this mob of people coming around here, 'cause... I just felt that would've been impolite thing to do and that would've came off creepy if I did that. So I said, 'okay, hopefully I'll be able to bump into her again.' No. That was the only time I was able to meet, like, get any interaction with her, was when I like pretty much bumped into her. And the only thing I literally said to her, outside of 'I'm sorry' - being a gentleman saying, 'sorry, I nearly bumped into you' - is 'hi.' Literally. I'm so mad at myself. Like, I was lucky enough to meet an Arrow actor... What threw me off is, I'm so used to seeing her with blonde hair, 'cause I'm so used to seeing her in Arrow. With the exception of, like, I think, four episodes, and three of those were, uh, flashbacks, while one of them were in that 'Crisis of Earth-X' crossover where, uh, the Nazi were - like, the what if scenario the Nazis won the two worlds wars - well, the side that won the world war, uh, the last one, I believe, uh, World War 2. So yeah, I'm so used to seeing her with blonde hair, not any other color. So - and the thing is, I said, that woman sounds familiar. And I think she kinda looks familiar. Seven seconds later, that's Felicity Smoak. What the hell, Phil? What the hell? And I'm mad at myself for not recognizing her. Because, like I said, if I recognized her immediately, I will - in the most polite way as I can... in the least creepy way as I could, while nerding out inside - ask her if I could take a picture with her... Like, take a selfie with me and her. So that's my story of how I met Felicity Smoak."

Edited by tv echo
6 hours ago, Chaser said:

I’ll never understand people finding Felicity at fault in the kid situation. 

From what I've seen, it's usually young male fans that compare Oliver hiding a child from his fiancee with Felicity's white lie about helping the team. I'm assuming because they have no concept of being in a serious relationship and the responsibility of raising a child.

• Love 9