Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, tv echo said:

^^^ Also from the above TV Guide video of JH and KC playing "Guess that Arrowverse Character" game...

JH: "She's the - the darling of our show. She is our - she is our queen."
KC: "Mia Queen - uh."
JH: "Oh, that's funny. It's not Mia Queen. What can I not say?"
KC: "Felicity?"
JH: "Yes. "
(Cut to 7x08 video clip of Felicity saying, "I am the wife of the freakin' Green Arrow.")

Did they make them say that? Was that like what they had to read out?

If yes: Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha x 100000000000000000000000

• LOL 2

2 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Did they make them say that? Was that like what they had to read out?

No. I think the card just had the name of an Arrowverse character on it and then they had to give their own clues to make the other person guess the character.

Edited by tv echo

FYI - look who has his own funko pop doll - in case you ever want to act out your own funko pop version of Felicity stepping through the portal with the Monitor 😉 ...

Edited by tv echo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Shocker - Fan Fest-London has been cancelled. It was originally scheduled for February 22-23, 2020, and guests would have included Manu Bennett and Michael Rowe...
https://www.fanfestevents.com/london/

London,

Unfortunately, Fan Fest London at the Excel is cancelled.

As it’s early here in the US, we wanted to get this statement up, confirming the cancellation, and we will post a more thorough statement later today once we know more.

Inquiries should be directed to info@fanfestevents.com

Fan Fest Events

2/17/20 at 6:09 a.m. US Central Time

Edited by tv echo

From NM panel at Fan Expo Vancouver on Feb. 17...

(Angelika Diana)

-- When asked which character he would want Damien Darhk to go up against, NM picked Batman. When someone in the audience suggested Batwoman, NM: "Oh, Batwoman would beat me."

-- When a "huge Arrow fan" asked him what he felt when he heard that S8 was going to be the last season of Arrow, NM: "Well, you know, it's funny, when I found out I was dying in - in - at the end of my first year with Arrow, Marc Guggenheim called me and goes, 'I've got good news for you and bad news for you.' Like, 'what's that?' I hadn't read the script. He goes, 'You're dying at the end of the next episode.' Like, 'I am?' 'Yes, but we're bringing you back in Legends of Tomorrow.' And to be part of - thank you - Legends, to be opposite Barrowman and those guys and everyone else and, you know, Brandon is one of my favorite human beings I've ever had the opportunity to work with. He is - I don't know how he is not Superman in all the movies still. You know what I mean? You guys should write petitions, because there aren't many guys as decent as Brandon and as hard-working as he is. And to be, you know, part of that universe with him for a few years, that was - that was a blessing. You know, that was - that was great. But I miss them all. They were fantastic...." (He then mentioned his current series, Project Blue Book, which also shoots in Vancouver.)

-- Same Arrow fan followed up and asked if he was "heartbroken" when he heard about the last season of Arrow. NM replied, "No," because he was last on Arrow in S4, adding: "I loved being a part of it, but then emotionally I went to Legends. So, um - and Stephen, who I've spoken to many times over the years - I think he was ready for - it was hard... Stephen Amell, the hours that he - look, none of these shows would've happened if it weren't for the hard work of Stephen Amell. That guy is tireless. His hours that he puts on are - they're freakish. I don't know how he does it. And he'll often go off on weekends and do comic cons to say thanks to his fans. That's a great guy. And I - I wish him the best of luck on whatever he's doing next. I know he's doing the wrestling show, um, with Mike O'Malley,* so I hope that goes really well."

(* Mike O'Malley is the showrunner of the new Starz series, Heels, starring Stephen Amell and Alexander Ludwig.)

-- When asked about his transition from Arrow to Legends, NM: "Uh, Arrow, as I said, was - Arrow was awesome. Uh, to work opposite Stephen, um, was a real - we didn't necessarily - because we're both like really professional guys. So we didn't really talk to each other. I'm kinda like that way when I play a villain. I like to be a little away and offish and not really talk to anyone, so everyone has a - is a little nervous around me, at times - which is a little funny, 'cause I'm not that way at all in real life... It wasn't until we went to a comic con that Ruve and I - where did we go to? San Jose, I think it was. We went to San Jose and we both loosened up around each other and we became really great friends because of that. Uh, and because of that, I really missed Arrow because I loved being with Stephen. We had such a wonderful time together... You know, going off on some of these conventions, playing music together, jumping on the stage with the band, you know, it was always fun with Stephen. Legends of Tomorrow, however, was such a departure from the very über-serious Damien Darhk. It was such a fun, goofy dad, which I loved playing. Uh, so I loved them both equally, but I had so much - well, it's hard to say which one I liked better. They were both awesome. I loved them both. How's that?"

-- NM said that the reason he plays so many villains is that he "won't kiss another woman on screen" and he "won't use the Lord's name in vain." So that limits him to "guys in helmets in the middle of the woods fighting a war or bad guys." Apparently he has a wife and five children. So he said that he tries to be the "most entertaining villain in every single performance in every different project" because he wants every one to be "fresh."

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

From Tom Welling panel at Fan Expo Vancouver on Feb. 16...

(Angelika Diana)

-- While talking with the mod about how Smallville focused on a period of Clark Kent's earlier life that's usually glossed over or done in montage form in the Superman movies, TW: "I just saw Stephen Amell the other day and I was like, 'Hey, man, so when are they going to, like, reboot Arrow?' And he said, 'What do you mean?' I was like, 'You know, him in high school...' (Laughs) He was like, '[unintelligible word].'"

From Flash cast panel at Fan Expo Vancouver on Feb. 17...

(Angelika Diana)

-- Male fan: "My first question is, since there's so many crossovers between all the, you know, CW universe really, how did it feel knowing that Arrow ended? Like, I rolled my eyes at the end of the last episode." Tom Cavanagh: "Good. Riddance. More airtime for Carlos Valdes."  Same male fan: "My next question is... How cool is it knowing that CW pretty much rebirthed all the - or as I would call it, the DC rebirth, 'cause they did it in the comics - all into one, like, Earth? How cool is that?" Carlos Valdes: "I think it's cooler in theory than in practice, 'cause, you know, now it feels, uh - feel a little claustrophobic... a little cramped... So I don't know how it's going to go down, sharing the limelight with anyone other than Carlos Valdes."

ETA: There was also a Supergirl cast panel (with JR and NM) at Fan Expo Vancouver, but I fast-forwarded through the video and didn't hear anything Arrow-related.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

C'mon, Marc - just post them. He's spent more time responding to tweets about this issue than he would've if he just posted the script page(s) for the final scene (makes you wonder if he's hiding something)...

Edited by tv echo
13 minutes ago, tv echo said:

C'mon, Marc - just post them. He's spent more time responding to tweets about this issue than he would've if he just posted the script page(s) for the final scene (makes you wonder if he's hiding something)...

I don't think it's anything shady. I think he might genuinely wonder what's the point of reading a script to a scene that's been adapted probably 99% through, especially since most of the time the scenes look way better on screen than on the page since it's not like there would be any new material in it. Don't get me wrong, I would want it too (and he did say he could post it anyway, I wish people would continue--as they did before--to post that receipt to him rather than just saying "you promised"), I live for the descriptions and the 1% difference, but I don't think he's hiding anything. I think it's just not on his mind and he doesn't think it's worth it. I wouldn't know what he would be hiding anyway.

• Love 1

It seems like they did shoot the scene? And it was probably if they couldn't get EBR back and had to make do with the reused portal scene and an establishing shot of Oliver smiling at the camera (Felicity) as she comes through.

I can't think it would be much different, Arrow's script pages usually serve only to make me glad at how the actors played it and they have awesome chemistry together. They aren't particularly interesting unless the descriptions are important in this case. I can imagine they're pretty sentimental since the whole scene is. It's not like it's going to reveal there was an alternative ending where Oliver is secretly alive in the cabin in Bloomfield or anything. 

Unless I'm missing something?

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 3

The only reason I'm suspicious of MG's motives for not posting the script page(s) for the final scene is because he's so resistant to posting them. What's the big deal? He's previously tweeted or posted script pages for filmed scenes in 8 previous instances. For example:
https://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/post/160218349529/would-you-be-kind-enough-to-release-the-script#notes

Maybe he feels like he's done enough for fans. And I realize that he has no obligation to release any script pages. But it would make a lot of fans happy and I can't imagine it would take that long for him to do it. So why not? 

I'd also like to see the script page(s) for the final 810 scene because MG had previously teased us with a redacted version of the final page, so now I'm curious to find out what was behind the blacked-out parts (and any script directions):

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I just chalk it down to him being a fairly peculiar dude. He could refuse this script that contains nothing new and released draft alternate mushy Olicity endings next week if the mood stuck him. I don't think it's anything scandalous other than MG being MG. 

REMINDER: Next weekend is Olicity weekend at C2E2...

Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo (C2E2), February 28-March 1, 2020 (Chicago, IL)
Stephen Amell (FRI/SAT) and Emily Bett Rickards (FRI/SAT) (also Mike Grell, Neal Adams, Benjamin Percy, Gail Simone and Clay Mann)
https://www.c2e2.com
Stephen Amell Schedule
Emily Bett Rickards Schedule
Arrow Panel Description

A Farewell to Arrow: Stephen Amell & Emily Bett Rickards

Saturday, February 29
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm

The show may be over, but Olicity is forever. The OTP of Star City take the Windy City by storm as Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen) and Emily Bett Rickards (Felicity Smoak) will be here at C2E2 to answer your burning questions! Fresh off the series finale of Arrow, don’t miss your chance to see them in person at this can’t-miss panel.

The Windy City Wine Mixer, February 28, 2020 (Chicago, IL)
Hosted by Nocking Point and Stephen Amell
https://www.facebook.com/pg/stephenamell/events/?ref=page_internal
https://www.facebook.com/events/2540223912933452/
Fri. (2/28) at 7:30pm - The Windy City Wine Mixer (w/ Stephen Amell)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

^^^ Thank you! That satisfied my need for closure on that one loose end. Otherwise, I would be forever wondering what was behind the blacked-out portion of the redacted script page.

I notice that the script still doesn't indicate the location of that final scene. Also, no mention of a red pen in the script. Also, the script direction about the kiss is great. Also, some minor dialogue variations. Finally, the last words of the script are very optimistic - and intriguing:
ERezEUHUcAAfl6N?format=jpg

Edited by tv echo

His comment about how he wished Emily was only in the final scene in the finale reminds me that I’m probably not going to like a lot of what he has to say this weekend. I do hope someone gets EBR to talk about the timing of her exit decision and what it took to convince her to come back. 

I don't get why some people are offended by his comment.

I don't think he hates EBR so it's not coming from a place of him plotting against her. He may have just wanted to end with an Olicity scene only.

To me it's not a good or bad comment. Merely a preference. Puzzled as to why Twitter is fighting about it 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Trisha said:

His comment about how he wished Emily was only in the final scene in the finale reminds me that I’m probably not going to like a lot of what he has to say this weekend. I do hope someone gets EBR to talk about the timing of her exit decision and what it took to convince her to come back. 

Eh, I'm still thinking that at least 50-75% will be stuff that's normally been asked at panels before (stunts, bloopers, favorite moments, EBR's first day story, comments about Olicity as a whole, if you could be someone else who would you be/play, etc.). I am crossing my fingers for new content, though too!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I don't think he hates EBR so it's not coming from a place of him plotting against her. He may have just wanted to end with an Olicity scene only.

To me it's not a good or bad comment. Merely a preference. Puzzled as to why Twitter is fighting about it 

Yeah, I saw some twitter drama over it and while I do understand disagreeing with him I find it bizarre that people were offended by it.

Stephen can be a complete douche but he's only ever been vocally supportive of Emily and Felicity. It read to me like he thought her appearance in the final scene only would've been more impactful. There's no reason to believe he was being shitty about her/her character because he hasn't been before. It isn't the first time he's had a story preference that I disagree with!

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Meh, I wasn’t offended by it, I just disagreed with it. I adored the scene with Felicity and Mia, and I wanted more of her (a scene with William, her in the flashbacks with Oliver and Dig, etc) not less.

• Love 1

I'm not offended by it, I just flat out disagree with it. I mean I can see where he's coming from with the sudden impact being special but this episode needed more Felicity, in the flashbacks, with young William promising him a home etc not less. Felicity is more than Olicity and needed for more than the Olicity Afterlife. From the actual quote he meant nothing bad by it though so no need for massive twitter drama. That's why I generally stay here. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 6

You can now pre-order Arrow S8 on blu-ray or dvd at Amazon.com - to be released on April 28, 2020...

Arrow: The Eighth and Final Season
Blu-ray  $22.99      DVD  $19.99
https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Eighth-Season-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B084DKCVKF/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1582891823&sr=8-3

You can also now pre-order a deluxe hardcover edition of the COIE tie-in comics (includes both Giant #1 and Giant #2 issues, plus extras, according to book description) - to be released on June 16, 2020...

Crisis on Infinite Earths Deluxe Edition (Arrowverse)
Hardcover  $17.99
https://www.amazon.com/Crisis-Infinite-Earths-Deluxe-Arrowverse/dp/1779505094/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=crisis+on+infinite+earths+arrowverse+deluxe+edition&qid=1580989499&s=books&sr=1-1

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Trisha said:

He had posted on Facebook that he wasn't going to make it to his wife's event because he had to leave early for the con, but I guess he went after all. 

What event? He looks young and strange witthout the facial hair. Oliver Queen no more. 

I've seem a lot of comments that the kiss picture is very disrespectful to his wife. And yeah, clearly these are two a) two people who have no idea these are going to be all over the internet and are trying to keep their affection for each other secret and b) aren't being paid a lot of money by fans for good pics c) haven't done this sort of thing with his wife right there (at the con) several times as well.

• Love 1