Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Huh, so Amy Gumenick auditioned for the role of Laurel? I was under the impression no one else was considered for the role, that Katie Cassidy was the only choice and the role was offered outright to her.

Interesting indeed. I would bet it wasn't offered to KC and actually a lot of others tried out.

Edited by olicityfan25

I was under the impression no one else was considered for the role, that Katie Cassidy was the only choice and the role was offered outright to her.

That's the impression I got from Katie Cassidy's interviews. But if Amy Gumenick also auditioned and they offered it to KC, I wonder what the EPs are feeling now.

I suppose it's possible that the role was offered, but that the producers were auditioning actresses anyways just in case KC didn't accept. I'm not familiar with how casting works, would that be allowed?

I'm not in the biz, but it is my understanding that you hardly ever bank on your first choice (unless you're a big time director and even than), you almost always end up shooting with whomever comes afterwards on the list.

(now if you excuse i'm gonna watch tonight's episode :-P)

David Ramsey is going to C2E2 in Chicago in April and Manu Bennett is going to be at the Walker Stalker con again in February.

David doesn't do many cons, I guess he likes Chicago. 

Edited by Sakura12

He's from Detroit, he most definitely doesn't like Chicago (serious sports fan rivalry)! Hee, I'm kidding, but really that con's proximity to his home town is probably a bonus.

Our Hockey rivalry is indeed legendary. The rest of the sports teams not so much. Detroit has the Motor City Con, that would be much closer to his hometown than Chicago. I'm not complaining, I love it when actors make it to my hometown for cons. I"m hoping EBR decides to do another one over here, I enjoyed meeting and talking to her at Walker Stalker con. 

Edited by Sakura12

From the Hopes and Fears thread:

Berlanti and everyone at DC have made it pretty clear that they want more Arrow spinoffs, so yes. Whether or not this is going to be a reality is another question entirely.

This season has really given me the impression that the major creatives forces in Berlanti's DCverse are working on The Flash, which is why it's working better than Arrow is these days and drawing a bigger audience.  As an opening move, I can see why they did it.  But in terms of Arrow longevity and whether to green light another spin-off, I'd be looking closer at what's going on on Arrow right now and how people are reacting to it.

• Love 4

Yeah it will be really annoying if they just use arrow as a spinoff platform every season. As soon s flash happened, arrow began to fall apart. We had such high hopes for this season and look at what we got.

This is the only Show we watched live for a full year. 6 was the first one we didn't watch live since we started the show in oct 2013, and I still haven't watched 6 or 7 except for yt olicity. It's telling.

This season has really given me the impression that the major creatives forces in Berlanti's DCverse are working on The Flash, which is why it's working better than Arrow is these days and drawing a bigger audience.  As an opening move, I can see why they did it.  But in terms of Arrow longevity and whether to green light another spin-off, I'd be looking closer at what's going on on Arrow right now and how people are reacting to it.

Agree with this, but I think the bigger audience draw has more to do with 1) The Flash being a much more recognizable DC property and 2) the lighter tone of the show. One thing I've definitely learned as a result of the spinoff game with Berlanti and Kreisberg focused on The Flash is that Marc Guggenheim is definitely the weak link in the EP chain. It shows big time based on the way this season has played out so far on Arrow.

• Love 10

It was primarily a Flash screening (I think they showed Going Rogue as well as bit of the cross-overs) so if Arrow characters didn't make it into the Flash A plot, that's probably why they weren't there.

This is a screening of the Crossover, the actors in attendance (except for Audrey/Lyla) feature in both episodes.

The event you're thinking about was a week or two ago and that was only Berlanti.

Isn't it strange that KC and Candice aren't there for the event when they're both the female leads?

I don't think they're heavily featured in both episodes which is why they didn't go?  

KC isn't featured in the Flash and Candice isn't featured in the Arrow

I don't think they're heavily featured in both episodes which is why they didn't go?  

KC isn't featured in the Flash and Candice isn't featured in the Arrow

Oh! I thought they were both in it. Plus they are the leads, technically, so I just assumed they would be there. 

Also I'm loving all the pictures where all the cast is dressed up and then there's Grant wearing jeans and a tee. Oh Grant.

• Love 4

Isn't it strange that KC and Candice aren't there for the event when they're both the female leads?

Is KC really the female lead now? I know she is billed second but that is more about how famous the actor was when contracts were negotiated than anything to do with the size of the role. I haven't seen anyone outside of KC refer to her as the female lead in the show.

Is KC really the female lead now? I know she is billed second but that is more about how famous the actor was when contracts were negotiated than anything to do with the size of the role. I haven't seen anyone outside of KC refer to her as the female lead in the show.

Well, personally speaking I don't consider her the female lead but supposedly having second billing means something I guess. And that's all I shall say because we can't really discuss KC anymore! 

tumblr_nfh53hVIca1sr6d2do2_250.gif

Just leaving it here ...

Their chemistry is actually insane. OMG.

• Love 8

I want a Team Arrow t-shirt.  Like, a lot. 

(I don't have a clue how to link to Twitter, but there are pics of both Team Arrow and STAR Labs t-shirts from tonight's screening.)

Edited by JenMD
  • Love 2

I think the main tag was #Flarrow.  I just saw a few tweets (I think by the same two people) who were mad that Iris and Laurel weren't in any of the pictures.  lol  

A tweet of the shirts:

Oitu3u1.jpg

And the cups they were giving away as well:

ucC0Nfs.jpg

Edited by JenMcSnark
  • Love 1

I am irrationally annoyed that the tag wasn't ArrFlash. Because without Arrows success Flash doesn't see the light of day. I don't care that Flarrow sounds better

There was some talk of #ArrAsh but it sounds like hives or something.  And with #Flarrow, at least the entire name of Arrow is in there.  

• Love 1