Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Zalyn

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

Beth is getting on my last nerve tbh. 🙄

Based on the replies under Beth’s tweet I think she’s getting on the last nerve of a lot of people. No one is expecting spoilers that reveal entire storylines but she really needs to figure out the art of teasing to create buzz. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

She's apparently giving teases to Tvline soon, so that's something.

Tbh I don't feel anything either way. I think she's allowed to tease/spoil what she wants even if it's little or nothing, and with all the harping on it in her mentions (not that anyone doesn't have a right to an opinion) I think she'll be even less likely to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

Based on the replies under Beth’s tweet I think she’s getting on the last nerve of a lot of people. No one is expecting spoilers that reveal entire storylines but she really needs to figure out the art of teasing to create buzz. 

Not surprised. There’s spoiling and then there’s teasing and Beth isn’t doing either. This hiatus has been dead because there’s been nothing to talk about. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like we'll be getting another round of press soon:

(Also, I love that so many outlets are using this Olicity moment in their social media. They know what gets clicks!)

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Name a cuter human being. I'll wait.

DxNXAwDXQAEeJ02.jpg

DxNXA_mWwAAKTD6.jpg

DxNXBMzWkAAprbb.jpg

DxNY2yWVYAAqHY7.jpg

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post

Apparently Amell has let it be known that he regrets apologizing for his 2015 tweet

 

Quote

“I admire that persons courage to put themselves out there in a public forum, and I have no ill will towards them, but I apologized,” said Amell. “And I regret apologizing more than I regret saying it in the first place.”

https://jimheath.tv/2019/01/arrow-star-stephen-amell-i-regret-apologizing-slams-african-american-woman-for-missing-his-point/

Share this post


Link to post

I thought this was old news, the bitterness that SA carries with him. 

He hinted to the break up with the first wife again in a tweet the other day.  Someone clearly carries a torch for wife 1.

***

EBR and her mum are just too cute! I love that her mum wrote a whole letter back to baby EBR 😍

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

 

He hinted to the break up with the first wife again in a tweet the other day.  Someone clearly carries a torch for wife 1.

***

Are you talking about the tweet where he said he couldn't participate in the ten year challenge because of his traumatic break up causing him to destroy all his photos. All I thought was I'm sure the original Mrs Amell is thanking her lucky stars she got out of that one lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mary0360 said:

Are you talking about the tweet where he said he couldn't participate in the ten year challenge because of his traumatic break up causing him to destroy all his photos. All I thought was I'm sure the original Mrs Amell is thanking her lucky stars she got out of that one lol.

Yup! That tweet!

I think it takes a certain kind of person to suit him and the second wife seems absolutely perfect for him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

CH was apparently at Paris Fashion Week yesterday...

Colton HAYNES @ Paris Fashion Week 18 january 2019 show Dior / janvier
Published on Jan 18, 2019, by Paris Videostars

Share this post


Link to post

While I do find it lulzy that Nocking Point's business model has basically turned into a pop culture collab wine company given Stephen was trying to legitimize it by getting it into Whole Foods not too long ago, I do have to hand it to him for finding a niche where he'll probably continue making a ton of money. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

John Barrowman Video Announcement of 2019 UK Tour - I'm A Celebrity
Published on Jan 18, 2019, by Celebrity Radio by Alex Belfield

 

DxMYnJTVsAAg93J.jpg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Video of Kelly Hu interview at Albuquerque Comic Con yesterday (Jan. 20) - no mention of Arrow, but still a good interview...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367216218

-- KH was Miss Teen USA in 1985. She talked about pageants back in the '80s and compared them to reality TV. She was told that an Asian couldn't win Miss Teen USA. Her prize package was over $100,000 and she was only 16 years old at the time. So pageants were a way to make money. She was raised by a single mom. Winning this pageant changed her life and her mom's life.

-- KH is from Hawaii. She always tells people that "you haven't lived until you've been to Hawaii." They then joked about how the interviewer guy looks like Maui from Moana. Some discussion about families and living the island life on Hawaii.

-- KH said that she did the pageant because she wanted to model. Because she looked half-Asian, half-Caucasian, she was told that she could go model in Japan, where girls who looked like that were making $30,000 a summer. (This was back in the '80s.) If she won the pageant, they could promote her.

-- KH gave her Hawaiian name, but I can't begin to try to spell it.  Her boyfriend is from St. Louis.

-- KH said that soap operas were the "worst job I ever had in my whole life... because soap operas are so hard." When you're doing a TV show like Nash Bridges (that she was on), you're shooting a one-hour episode over 8 working days. But when you're doing a soap opera like Sunset Beach (that she was on), you're shooting a one-hour episode in one day, so everything's shot quickly and the scripts are bad, because they have to drag out the storyline. Also, you have to memorize 30 pages of dialogue in a day, you're wearing the same costume for six months, and you're doing "really repetitive scenes." They don't like to do more than one take in soap operas. She got fired after six months and it was the best thing that ever happened to her. 

-- For X2, her character didn't talk and she didn't have to learn how to fight because she already had a black belt in martial arts. She just had to learn the choreography and wire work. She also had a "great stunt double" who did the scenes where her character "crashed into cabinets" and stuff like that. There's only so much she's allowed to do for insurance reasons, because if the actor is injured, it can affect production and cost money. 

-- KH said that her stunt double must also be Asian now under SAG rules, but that wasn't always the case. For her first movie, she remembers that her stunt double was "some blonde girl with a wig." She said that her stunt doubles are "amazing" but that she would never spar with them, because they're "so fast."

-- KH said that doing a TV series is good for a steady paycheck, but movies allow her to play different characters. She still plays a lot of roles that can be characterized as the "silent assassin."

-- She likes doing research for her characters, especially for her comic characters like Deathstrike (in X2).

-- KH said that you have to "use your imagination" if you don't get enough information about your character. She also talked about auditioning and that auditioning is different from getting the role. She then talked about working with different actors, both well-known and little-known.

-- KH said that the Asian acting community is still pretty small. She talked about the white-washing of Asian characters by casting white actors to play those roles (mentioning the Scarlett Johansson controversy), although she recognized that it's a business and studios want proven, bankable stars. She and the interviewer then talked about Crazy Rich Asians. She wasn't in that movie, but she was part of the push to try to get a big box office. KH: "It's a business, not an art form... Executives only care about how much money a film is making... All they see is the bottom line." The success of Crazy Rich Asians has opened more doors for Asian actors, but it's still difficult. 

-- KH said that she used to be really competitive because there were so few roles for Asians, but now she views it as more of a "journey" - she's on her own journey - and is "more at peace" with things. 

-- The best advice that KH ever got was from a character actor named Bill Hootkins (played one of the fighter pilots in Star Wars), who gave her a Rudyard Kipling quote about how you should treat both failure and success as equal imposters.*

(* Actual quote - Rudyard Kipling: "“If you can meet success and failure and treat them both as impostors, then you are a balanced man, my son.”)

-- She said that Hugh Jackman (Wolverine in X2) is "such a nice guy" and "always such a gentleman." She also mentioned that, when she was in the makeup trailer with Hugh, she could tell, just by hearing him talk on the phone with his wife, that he was a "good guy."

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/367234605

-- KH said that she's on twitter, instagram and facebook, all under her name "KellyHu."

Edited by tv echo

Share this post


Link to post

I’m willing to believe she is truly a fan but she’s also pretty smart in letting us know it.  

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

After all the Tonya stuff, I’ll take it. 

She may sit with me.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I’m willing to believe she is truly a fan but she’s also pretty smart in letting us know it.  

Her and Kat McNamara. Build up that goodwill, ladies!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Her and Kat McNamara. Build up that goodwill, ladies!

Yes lol. TV sister/Sister-In Law and Hopeful TV Daughter!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is HVFF in trouble?

I saw a lot of posts about people not getting their refunds back. 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I’ve never heard of this movie. Is there something wrong with it?

Meh, I saw it and it’s fine. It actually has a good shot of winning the Best Picture Oscar but there’s been lots of growing controversy about it because the family of the man it’s based on say it’s full of lies, the writer and director keep stepping in controversies, and there’s quite a backlash over its very simplistic take on race relations (it feels like it should have been made a decade ago; it’s got a white-focused view of racism like The Blind Side or The Help). It’s not exactly “woke” — which means I’m not surprised at all that SA loved it. 

The replies to his tweet slay me.

Edited by Trisha
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I think there is also controversy around the director to isn't there? Like he had made racist tweets and was a Trump supporter?

Also something to about how it involves the cliche of the white man coming to the black mans rescue? I also read that the whole central friendship the movies based on just never happened or was over exaggerated by a lot, and the family of the man the film is about were told about the film until it release. Also considering the last movie I recalled Stephen highly recommending was Money Ball Im not sure our tastes align lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

Is HVFF in trouble?

I saw a lot of posts about people not getting their refunds back. 

I just went on the website and on the page where they order tickets it says there non refundable. Did it always say that or did they add that on after complaints?

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

I just went on the website and on the page where they order tickets it says there non refundable. Did it always say that or did they add that on after complaints?

Probably added it on because they are broke and can't refund the money as promised.

Hopefully the word gets out and more fans start going to their credit cards or banks to dispute the charges. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mary0360 said:

I think there is also controversy around the director to isn't there? Like he had made racist tweets and was a Trump supporter?

Also something to about how it involves the cliche of the white man coming to the black mans rescue? I also read that the whole central friendship the movies based on just never happened or was over exaggerated by a lot, and the family of the man the film is about were told about the film until it release. Also considering the last movie I recalled Stephen highly recommending was Money Ball Im not sure our tastes align lol.

Yeah, the writer had some alt-right tweets. The director (one of the Farrelly brothers) got in trouble when it came to light that in the 90s he used to whip his junk out on set in front of actresses like Cameron Diaz as a “joke.” The star (Viggo Mortensen) used the n-word when talking about the movie at a Q&A. And when it won a Golden Globe, Farrelly (surrounded by a bunch of white dudes on stage) gave a really tone-deaf speech about how we all just need to get along.

And the film itself is problematic. There’s definitely some white saviour trope bs. I’m not sure how you work in the industry and not know any of this. Or maybe SA did and decided to tweet it anyway?  In any case, not a great look. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn't be surprised if he saw it was being nominated for/winning a lot of stuff and wanted get on that bandwagon before the Oscars. I can also see it being the kind of feel-good movie he genuinely likes.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I love how he doesn't want to say what it is, but tells his wife so he can say he was right if it happens.  The humble is mighty.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Kymmi said:

I love how he doesn't want to say what it is,

It's probably something that would involve travel stoppage that he doesn't want to put out there because he doesn't want to be inconvenienced by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Trisha said:

Yeah, the writer had some alt-right tweets. The director (one of the Farrelly brothers) got in trouble when it came to light that in the 90s he used to whip his junk out on set in front of actresses like Cameron Diaz as a “joke.” The star (Viggo Mortensen) used the n-word when talking about the movie at a Q&A. And when it won a Golden Globe, Farrelly (surrounded by a bunch of white dudes on stage) gave a really tone-deaf speech about how we all just need to get along.

And the film itself is problematic. There’s definitely some white saviour trope bs. I’m not sure how you work in the industry and not know any of this. Or maybe SA did and decided to tweet it anyway?  In any case, not a great look. 

From the trailer I actually assumed that Mahershala Ali's character was the saviour. 

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

It's probably something that would involve travel stoppage that he doesn't want to put out there because he doesn't want to be inconvenienced by it. 

People in the comments are suggesting a shutdown of the airports on super bowl weekend and since Stephen was all excited about going I could see him being all "Oh noes I might not be able to go and get drunk watching the Super Bowl with tickets I probably didn't even pay for, this shut down is the worst" because it affects him with out really caring that there are people actually having to survive off food stamps right now, unable to pay rent, mortgages, bills etc. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×