Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I just know I saw Andrew Kreisberg retweeting something her BF had written about her. Sure, the EPs retweet stuff from the cast a lot, but usually it's show related. Or funny, at best. Something "personal"?IDK. I don't know what to make of that..

I just know I saw Andrew Kreisberg retweeting something her BF had written about her. Sure, the EPs retweet stuff from the cast a lot, but usually it's show related. Or funny, at best. Something "personal"?IDK. I don't know what to make of that..

Did he maybe do it by accident? Because I don't see it in his timeline.

ETA: unless it wasn't recent, haha

Edited by apinknightmare

Did he maybe do it by accident? Because I don't see it in his timeline.

ETA: unless it wasn't recent, haha

I don't know if it was by accident lol However it was the first days of January, I think. :)

I can't see it either

lol i found it It says "MzKatieCassidy is the love of my life" Why would Andrew retweet that? Unless he was being cheeky and saying that Katie Cassidy was also the love of his life. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 3

Was he hacked? That is a random retweet. A little creepy. LOL

Stephen is a country fan. That kinda surprises me.  He has a good voice. They need to do another Grease song (or any song).

I think people are making a much bigger deal out of KC's cancelled con appearances than they are. It's not like she has decided not to show up at an official Arrow promo event. These con appearances are something the actors do for themselves - to collect some extra cash on the side and spend some time with their fans. Yes, it sucks for the fans who were hoping to meet her at one of the upcoming cons, but KC has done lots of personal con appearance over the last 10 months and maybe she feels she can afford to take a little break from the con circuit for the time being.

I think people are making a much bigger deal out of KC's cancelled con appearances than they are. It's not like she has decided not to show up at an official Arrow promo event. These con appearances are something the actors do for themselves - to collect some extra cash on the side and spend some time with their fans. Yes, it sucks for the fans who were hoping to meet her at one of the upcoming cons, but KC has done lots of personal con appearance over the last 10 months and maybe she feels she can afford to take a little break from the con circuit for the time being.

Again, that's not the point. If she doesn't want to go to cons, fine, nobody's making her. However, when she does make a commitment to go, and the fans shell out their money to see her, she need to make every effort to show up. Because right now? I looks like the fans, and their hard-earned money, doesn't mean anything to her. It's one more on the long, and ever growing, list of things that make her very hard to take.

• Love 13

Not a spoiler, so...

secretmusingsofafangirl asked:
Recently, the verified twitter account for Olive Garden tweeted that they ship Olicity (I'm not even joking, you can check if you'd like) How does it feel knowing that a chain restaurant is behind one of the Arrow ships?

I think it’s completely awesome.  Maybe that was the Italian restaurant they went to in 3x01…

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Wow, that dude is a misogynist garbage pile, and his timeline is just a string of anti-feminist, anti-woman word vomit, interspersed with fandom crap. Sweet move thanking him for acknowledging your anti-feminism, MG.

• Love 8

No, this was after he got into a back-and-forth with another fan asking why, if he loves his female characters, they continue to die for nothing, etc. So this guy was backing him up. I'm sure MG just didn't look at this guy's timeline; just responded to a tweet directed at him without giving it much thought. But even if this dude was a progressive kind of guy who didn't spend 50% of his social media time attacking feminism, men don't get to absolve other men of sexism. Like...that's just not your place. Even if it had been a woman, I would roll my eyes at his thanking people for recognizing his goodness. But this is just another example of MG just not really getting it, and being kind of willfully blind to valid criticism. This is why I don't follow him on Twitter or Tumblr. I see what is posted here and most of the time I wish I hadn't.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 7

For KC, this Arrow show is likely the pinnacle of her career and she's stupid for risking pissing off the ComicCons because it could hurt her down the line when the only way she has to make money is by doing these cons. If she gets a rep as cancelling, none of them will book her and for 2nd tier actors/actresses like KC these cons are a huge source of income once their acting career is gone.

• Love 4

I didn't even notice the jacket when I saw the picture, it's such a gorgeous pic with great composition.

He's coming back in one of the sweeps episodes but it looks like this picture was taken earlier, or BC stays green for a long time in the winter

• Love 1

He's coming back in one of the sweeps episodes but it looks like this picture was taken earlier, or BC stays green for a long time in the winter

My uncle lives in Victoria BC (which is on the island but Vancouver isn't), and when he was here for Christmas he mentioned that there was currently green grass there. I think Vancouver has similar weather to Victoria though as my sister is there and posted (a very filtered) photo and it looks pretty green and warm.  

Victoria has better weather than Vancouver because Vancouver is close to the mountains and when the clouds hit them, they dump all their rain so it's kind of a joke that Vancouver only gets two sunny days a year.  It does look awfully nice in that picture.  I wonder if it was taken before Christmas.

It's too cold here to snow right now. Which is still better than it is on the east coast with the storm hitting.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Not sure where to put this so I'll just drop it here.  On SA's FB page there's a note from Glen Winter saying goodbye.  I'm sad to see him go - he directed both The Calm and Left Behind and while I had issues with plot points in some, I thought the directing was very good.  I particularly loved the Diggle/Arsenal action scenes (and I'm not an action scene person, typically) as well as the hand symbolism in Left Behind.  Not sure why he's leaving.

Here's the text of the post:

Hey Facebook. My good buddy and our fearless director has a message for everyone, and I happily agreed to be his platform. So, here you go:
Dear Arrow fans,
First of all I would like to thank Stephen for giving me space on his FB page to reach so many of you! I am so pleased at the response to Left Behind. Sadly, it will be the last one I direct this season, and I am so very proud of that episode and appreciative of the fine job the Arrow writing team did with the script as always. The cast as usual was exceptional and even though this was an “Oliver light” episode, and his absence was surely felt (really Stephen!), everyone hit it out of the park.
I would like to share something with you.
We had a day on the show that was up there with my most challenging ever. It was the day we shot the Diggle, Aresenal shootout with Brick and his men. This was a day that on paper was not makable. Not only did I want to make it, but I wanted it to be epic and amazing. It was a day that needed to be scheduled like clockwork, with the assistant directors, camera, lighting, grips, art dept, stunts and special effects working in complete harmony, for 14 hours at which point producers would pull the plug on me. It all needed to be efficient, safe, AND visually dynamic. We did it, and the magic ingredient that made all this happen was simple:
PASSION!!!!
Everyone on the Arrow cast and crew has such passion, it makes me misty just thinking about them when I am not there. They are all as heroic as Oliver Queen. This is a hard show. They spend 12-16 hours a day, away from their families, working their butts off in all kinds of weather and conditions because they care. They are true artists and I could not be more thankful to all of them. And on a long hard day in October, they gave me everything they had, we got it done. One of the most amazing action sequences I have been a part of.
I would like to name some names, even though I can’t name them all.
Thank you:
KEN SHANE, JOHN DAVIDSON, CORY ROBSON, SEAN ELLIOT, PAUL BREBNER, RON BIGALOW, AMIE GIBBONS, SHAMUS WHITING HEWLITT, JOHN ONIEL, ERIC VRBA, RUSS ALLINSON,, JAMES BAMFORD, JJ MACARO, and TODD PITTSON
These guys and many others make Arrow happen for you every week.
Thank you all for watching, and for being so passionate yourselves. It makes it all worth it…
Glen Winter
Edited by Kymmi
  • Love 6

What a lovely post by Glen Winter!!

And thanks, Kymmi, for sharing it here.

I don't follow Glen Winter's career but I think it could be that he's going to be busy directing other shows and knows this is it for him, for this season, on Arrow. Hopefully he'll be back for a few episodes in Season 4.

The Diggle/Roy fight scene in the warehouse was very well done, I think. One of the highlights of the episode for me.

• Love 2
7031-xoxo asked:

Marc, how do you decide which scenes to delete other than time constraints? For example, deleted kiss at 2x23 or Felicity telling Oliver about working for Ray.

Well, the kiss in 2x23 was deleted not because of time, but because the scene actually played better without it.  Other scenes are taken out for time because something has to go to bring an episode to time and the scene/moment isn’t critical to the story.

ogteamarrow asked:

Is David Ramsey as funny and nice on set as he is off set? Btw, He mentioned that you guys have an open door policy with the actors and I was wondering how much collaboration between the actors and you guys do you allow. Great show! :)

David is the salt of the earth.  Such a gentleman.

Yeah, we have an open door policy with all of our actors.  It works because when they raise an issue, it’s usually because they have a very good point, while at the same time, they always understand if we say “no” or have to take a scene or story in another direction.

stellahellaviola asked:

Hi Marc! Glen Winter announced via Stephen Amell's facebook that he won't be directing anymore episodes this season:( Do you guys plan on having him back next year? He's a wonderful director I was hoping he'd do the finale! Thanks.

Glen is an amazing director and an even better person.  Unfortunately, we have to share him with other shows.  Believe me, if I had my way, we wouldn’t and he’d direct every episode of Arrow possible.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Some people are just so creative!  You might quibble that Felicity is the smallest doll.  It could be interpreted that the fan who made the gift likes her the least, but I prefer to view it as Felicity being the core or heart of Team Arrow.

Stephen Amell @amellywood  ·  16h 16 hours ago
Quite possibly the coolest gift I've ever gotten from a fan!

B8T--a3CMAEVWlG.jpg

https://twitter.com/amellywood

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Nice work. Dolls in general freak me out; Those are super creepy to me. 

The video he posted about the gift on Facebook made me laugh. He is like Mr. Diggle in his suit and tie, Mr. Harper, Katie Cassidy is looking fierce and Little Felicity. Everyone else is their character expect KC. My personal opinion, he gets along fine with KC but he just doesn't like Laurel. Totally my own opinion.

• Love 6

Everyone else is their character expect KC. My personal opinion, he gets along fine with KC but he just doesn't like Laurel. Totally my own opinion.

Or maybe he is trying to point out in a subtle way that KC is BC. Instead of just mentioning BC. But I like your take on it better :-) 

Unfortunately, it seems that Cassandra, Stephen Amell's wife, has deleted this tweet since yesterday. It's a pity, because it was hilarious IMO [O.K., sorry, my fault, it's not deleted... WOW!!!]

10882109_895208800490742_173346246359960

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 6

Hope she didn't get hate from Laurel fans for that tweet. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm sure she got hate for it. She'd probably have gotten hate from Felicity fans if she'd been asked about Laurel and responded positively too.

I didn't really know who Stephen Amell's wife was until now. I can see why he stalked her on twitter after seeing her briefly on Mad Men.

She didn't delete that tweet. It's under her tweets and replies.

Really? Just went back and couldn't find it... Anyway, I love this tweet, but, as has been said here, I don't think it's wise for Cassandra to take a stand on that particular question. [YEAH, IT'S STILL THERE. THANKS FOR POINTING THIS OUT. DIDN'T LOOK CAREFULLY ENOUGH.]

Edited by Kordi