Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

Heh. I certainly do admire/am grateful for what he gives to the show, the fandom & his appearances, but this part is somewhat tiresome. Didn't he just get done on his Facebook saying he was giving Twitter a break?

I'm almost 100% sure that CW actors are contractually obligated to have a Twitter presence, and if asked by their PR people, to live-tweet episodes. [Which just makes Amell saying he hates Twitter even more hilarious to me.]

• Love 1

Heh. I certainly do admire/am grateful for what he gives to the show, the fandom & his appearances, but this part is somewhat tiresome. Didn't he just get done on his Facebook saying he was giving Twitter a break?

I actually rolled my eyes when I saw his tweet. He's just so dramatic about social media with his Twitter breaks, posting/editing/deleting Facebook posts, etc.

And yeah, I'm sure someone higher up told him not to completely abandon Twitter because the show hasn't been getting a lot traction outside of Olicity fandom getting together to trend Olicity every week.

• Love 3

I agree with you, @fantique, and made many of these same points in my previous post in this thread. I brought up the FB office visit to offer another reason he might be inclined to tout FB as the best social media platform.

Oh I was only expanding on the Facebook bit wrt what you were wondering. The rest was just my take on the whole article situation and not in direct response to you. I actually agreed with everything you said when the article was first brought up.

• Love 1

I'm almost 100% sure that CW actors are contractually obligated to have a Twitter presence, and if asked by their PR people, to live-tweet episodes. [Which just makes Amell saying he hates Twitter even more hilarious to me.]

This would make perfect sense, especially as the CW seem to rely moreso on social media & shadily photoshopped posters than anything else. If he is obliged to participate though, it does make the repeated flouncing off Twitter seem amusingly stunt-queenish & a bit pointless.

I wish there were some accurate measurable for how much impact him live-tweeting during an episode has on viewing figures, if any. I see the Nielsen Twitter ratings ect, but I need a better explanation to grasp it. How do they count tweets if a person were to comment but not actually mention the show's title?

Stephen Amell has decreed tonight's episode his favorite episode ever on his Facebook page. Unfortunately, his favorite episodes are always my least favorite (ie: The Promise).  https://www.facebook.com/stephenamell

He puts so much into it & I really wish I could say his comment makes me feel optimistic about tonight, but no. I'm going to wait for you brave souls to go forth & watch the episode, then share your thoughts. I cannot enter unprepared.
  • Love 7

I actually hate twitter so I feel him on that.

I saw on his Facebook page he said something was corrected in that Zapit article but I didn't see a before and after or anything.

Edited by Shanna

Film Independent will be having a chat with Greg Berlanti. Full article & more info re tickets via the link below:

An Evening With… Greg Berlanti - Wednesday, November 12

7:30 pm | Includes a screening of a full episode of The Flash and sneak previews of upcoming episodes of Arrow and The Flash

Co-presented by the New York Times Film Club

Writer/director Greg Berlanti comes to the Bing to discuss his latest series work, Arrow and The Flash, both based on Silver Age DC Comics characters and both of which he co-developed and produces for the CW. [...]

Berlanti will sit for a conversation after a viewing of “Going Rogue,” an episode from The Flash featuring the introduction to one of the best known villains from Flash’s Rogues Gallery, and will also present sneak preview clips from upcoming episodes of Arrow and The Flash.

http://www.filmindependent.org/lacma/films/an-evening-with-greg-berlanti/

I wonder if he'll be taking audience questions - there is only one I really want the answer to.

It's really cute the way Emily and Chloe Bennet (Agents of SHIELD's hacker Skye) tweet each other.  Chloe tweeted a picture of herself in her Halloween costume, and Emily responded with:

I'm making this picture the background of my phone.  Creepy?  I don't care.

Chloe replied:

You already are the background of my phone. So. Now it's even.
  • Love 4

B1bA-76IEAIqZ12.jpg

Emily & Paul at the Arrow Halloween party.

B1bDAvBIQAAr2jI.jpg

Emily, Willa, KatelynDorothy & Emilys friend Fanta.

B1bGrt9IAAAPnzf.jpg

Paul, Colton & Willah

B1bXtzTIcAAJ8hG.jpg

colton & Willa

B1cLLhAIcAA1jOo.jpg

Willa & Rick Cosnett (he plays Eddie on the Flash)

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 7

I love that Stephen said this about Caity on his facebook. 

What if Caity Lotz's Mad Men character had hopped into bed with Don Draper like EVERY OTHER WOMAN ON THE SHOW and she wasn't available to make our world three-dimensional with one of most badass superhero portrayals - male or female - ever? (Miss you, Caity.)

I wonder how he really feels about the direction of this season. He doesn't seem like he was happy with the EP's decision to kill Sara either. I don't follow him as much as I used too, but it doesn't seem like he's posting about his excitement for the episodes as much as he did last season. His facebook is now mostly filled with his workouts and charity. With some Arrow episode stuff. Like saying the last episode was his favorite ever. But even that doesn't sound like the way he talked about almost every episode last season being his favorite ever. I'm guess I'm just noticing that his enthusiasm doesn't seem as high as it was last season. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Does Colton cross dress in every costume?  and very well too.

He does seem sad CL/Sara was killed off. Funny about every woman on Mad Men falling into bed with Don Draper because isn't Mad Men where he first noticed his wife?

• Love 3

Don tried to get with CL's character, she's one of the few that refused him. Although she did grow up with him as her fake uncle, so that's probably why she said no. 

Stephen's wife was in the same episode as Caity Lotz in the season 4 finale. 

LOL Colton is like obsessed with Goldbergs from what I've seen. that's pretty funny. 

Seems like he's obsessed with dressing as a lady too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Though I have to say, for someone who is a handsome dude (even though I still think he's bad at acting anything other than, "...huh?"), he sure makes a homely looking woman. Not quite a powerful ugly creature, but not far off.

• Love 2

Seems like he's obsessed with dressing as a lady too. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Though I have to say, for someone who is a handsome dude (even though I still think he's bad at acting anything other than, "...huh?"), he sure makes a homely looking woman. Not quite a powerful ugly creature, but not far off.

Shiny!  lol

• Love 1

No. I don't remember what the trend was but they trended for about 5 seconds (or so the tweets go) the week before.  They (LL fans) usually try the hour before the show airs when they organize a trend.