Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Featherhat said:

Once as BC once as BS would be my guess, though the difference isnt there (she's not wearing Siren's clothes) 

That's what I thought at first, but they're both BC!Laurel, so then I was confused. :(

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

it makes no sense at all to me LOL Kind of dumb considering there are other actors to showcase.

KC has known to be awful with fans, everytime I see an announcement about her you see numerous fans talk about their bad experiences with her. Hopefully KC is more personable/less of an ass this time. 

I also remember talking to some of the people who were working HVFF ATL and they were talking about how KC is awful to work/deal with... She really needs an attitude adjustment tbh

I have not seen any report where she is awful with fans from her fans. Girl is LATE but actual fan interaction? never heard the hate. 

23 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

That's what I thought at first, but they're both BC!Laurel, so then I was confused. :(

The person found out she played two characters on the show, but doesn't actually watch so didn't know if a quick google search had been labelled wrong/the difference? Don't know I'm coming up blank otherwise, because there are plenty of other actors going. Are JH or CL going, maybe some confusion there? But it looks like a quickly made graphic.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I have not seen any report where she is awful with fans from her fans. Girl is LATE but actual fan interaction? never heard the hate. 

Well these are comments (from her fans) I generally see in comment sections of either youtube, HVFF posts, etc. It wasn't hate, it was general disappointment of her attitude. And it's not just one or two people I've seen it quite a bit. The most recent example is the FB announcement for her Germany appearance.

Capture.PNG.daacf739627ab4d715ce4c31c8d54c2c.PNG

Also I'm reporting to this board right now what some of the volunteers at HVFF ATL told me so *shrugs* 

• Love 1

I think someone was just lazy with the graphics and didn’t realize they were using her twice. 

I was curious and looked at the photo op ticket availability for the canaries and CL is sold out, JH has limited available and KC still has a ton.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I was curious and looked at the photo op ticket availability for the canaries and CL is sold out, JH has limited available and KC still has a ton.

Maybe they need to emphasise her twice in the graphics because they really need the help selling those tickets. 

• Love 2

I've been going through the photo-ops for HVFF Chicago and the only actors who seem to be very sought after are Stephen, Norman Reedus, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Steven Yeun, Jon Bernthal and some of the group photo ops like Boondock Saints and Glenn & Maggie. Some actors (EBR, Chandler Riggs and Lauren Cohan) are listed as limited, but there's actually tons available for all. 

Edited by strikera0
6 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Wow.  That was tragically fast from the time they got the diagnosis to him losing her.  No more than a few months.  Maybe less.  :(  So sad for the whole family but knowing CH's past depression issues, I hope his support system is well in place.  No reason to think otherwise but poor guy.  

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Wow.  That was tragically fast from the time they got the diagnosis to him losing her.  No more than a few months.  Maybe less.  :(  So sad for the whole family but knowing CH's past depression issues, I hope his support system is well in place.  No reason to think otherwise but poor guy.  

What was she diagnosed with? I didn't even know she was sick! I thought it was a sudden thing.

Lots of stars to choose from for Heroes & Villains FanFest-London, May 26-27, 2018 (Olympia London, UK) ....

Arrow
Stephen Amell
David Ramsey
Emily Bett Rickards
Juliana Harkavy
Katie Cassidy
Josh Segarra
John Barrowman (also for Torchwood)

Flash
Danielle Panabaker
Tom Cavanagh
Italia Ricci 
Robbie Amell

LoT
Caity Lotz
Franz Drameh

Supergirl
Mehcad Brooks
Tyler Hoechlin

Gotham
David Mazouz
Sean Pertwee
Robin Lord-Taylor
Cory Michael Smith
Drew Powell

The Gifted
Blair Redford
Emma Dumont

Torchwood
Eve Myles
Kai Owen
Gareth-David Lloyd
Naoko Mori

Edited by tv echo

Next weekend's comic cons (updated with schedules)...

Awesome Con, March 30-April 1, 2018 (Washington, D.C.)
Stephen Amell and John Barrowman (also Cress Williams)
http://awesome-con.com/guestsdc/
Programming Schedule
- JB Q&A panel on Sat. 3/31 @ 4:15pm (EST)
- CW Q&A panel on Sat. 3/31 @ 4:30pm (EST)
- SA Q&A panel on Sun. 4/1 @ 10:30am (EST)

Dutch Comic Con, March 31-April 1, 2018 (Utrecht, Netherlands)
Katie Cassidy (2 panels)
http://www.dutchcomiccon.com/nl
Program Schedule
- KC Q&A panel on Sat. 3/31 @ 2:30pm (NL time)
- KC Q&A panel on Sun. 4/1 @ 3:15pm (NL time)

Wellington Armageddon, March 30-April 1, 2018 (New Zealand)
Matt Ryan (2 panels)
https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guests/
Schedules
- Constantine/MR panel on Sat. 3/31 @ 3:00pm (NZ time)
- Constantine/MR panel on Sun. 4/1 @ 2:00pm (NZ time)

Edited by tv echo
27 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

With SA daughter starting school in the US next year I wonder if that will be a big decision in him continuing on with the show. 

Why would it be?

Edited by WindofChange
1 minute ago, Primal Slayer said:

Because she will spend majority of the year in the US, which means he will be away from her more then he is now. 

I don't really see this being in issue because it doesn't seem like sees her most of the time right now anyways, just weekends, and even then he does cons a lot of weekends. At least that's what I gather from his work/con schedule... 

8 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

With SA daughter starting school in the US next year I wonder if that will be a big decision in him continuing on with the show. 

I sometimes wonder if he thought he'd be bigger by now. I mean, he is a celebrity but so far the only big blockbuster he did was a failure and it didn't become this big franchise. Not that he can't still do more, that is not what I am saying at all, I just assume his Arrow job pays a lot of the bills and feeds a lot of his other projects. So while I wonder the same as you, I tend to think that the family is a really big factor but I am not sure he would give up Arrow as easily now.  

• Love 1

There are good schools in Vancouver. And no school shootings.

At this point,  I think Cassandra's career in the US would be the bigger factor. If it was just about S.A., it would make sense to re-sign for Arrow and do other projects in the hiatus.

• Love 1

ANTMenlatino+Ciclo+5+-+Cassandra+Whitehe

No.  I think she was involved in some gofundme kick starter indie movie awhile ago,  but I don't think that went anywhere. 

Edited by Delphi

I just feel bad for the kid because she barely sees her own father. Hope that whatever it is that separates them is a good reason... Because other than a career I can't find a single good reason for the kid not to be in Vancouver considering the education system is better there so...

• Love 1

1. Thanks for sharing that clip, I’ve never seen it.

2. LOL

3. That was a horrible dye job. And the make up is nothing to brag about pretty much all around. Unless they had a pink eye theme for a shoot or something.

10 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I can't find a single good reason for the kid not to be in Vancouver

I think this was mentioned before or maybe I am remembering it wrong but apparently she (and he?) doesn't really like Vancouver. Maybe that is a rumor because I cannot find an article or a source. To each their own I guess, because to me Vancouver is a really nice city. 

Edited by Belinea
6 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I think this was mentioned before or maybe I am remembering it wrong but apparently she (and he?) doesn't really like Vancouver. Maybe that is a rumor because I cannot find an article or a source. To each their own I guess, because to me Vancouver is a really nice city. 

If that's the case then that's a pretty shitty and self absorbed reason imo which says more of his wife's character than anything. But I suppose it's all speculation at this point. I really hope that's not the case though.

2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I think this was mentioned before or maybe I am remembering it wrong but apparently she (and he?) doesn't like really Vancouver. Maybe that is a rumor because I cannot find an article or a source. To each their own I guess, because to me Vancouver is a really nice city. 

I think it's also because Cassandra isn't a Canadian citizen, so I don't think Mavi is either (though I'm not 100% sure of that, since Mavi is young), so Cassandra would need a company who would be able to get her a work visa. Plus, Vancouver is a really expensive city to live in. I know I've looked into moving to Vancouver myself, and it's not cheap. There's probably a whole bunch of other reasons why Stephen and Cassandra never made the official move there; I assume they've discussed it many times, so I won't say that there's no reason for them not living in Vancouver full-time. I mean, comparing it to the Supernatural cast, none of them live full-time in Vancouver for various reasons, and their show has been on twice as long as Arrow. So there must be actual reasons to not make it official.  

6 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

If that's the case then that's a pretty shitty and self absorbed reason imo which says more of his wife's character than anything. But I suppose it's all speculation at this point. I really hope that's not the case though.

Why would it be either? IF she didn't like Vancouver, I am sure it is something SA would have known since they've been dating and had a child. They own homes in LA/Texas don't they? Everyone has a preferred place of living.

6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's also because Cassandra isn't a Canadian citizen, so I don't think Mavi is either (though I'm not 100% sure of that, since Mavi is young),

Wouldn't Mavi have dual citizenship? Is that something that Canada allows?

6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Why would it be either? IF she didn't like Vancouver, I am sure it is something SA would have known since they've been dating and had a child. They own homes in LA/Texas don't they? Everyone has a preferred place of living.

Because it's not even about her anymore, it's about her daughter LOL. When you become a parent you'll understand that it's important for your daughter to be around both parents as long as both parents are healthy to be around. It's called making a sacrifice for the better of your family.

12 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Plus, Vancouver is a really expensive city to live in.

I don't think this is an issue for Stephen who reportedly makes upwards of 200k when he goes to cons. He's more well off than a lot of people who live in Vancouver. And it's not like LA isn't expensive either.

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 4
Just now, WindofChange said:

Because it's not even about her anymore, it's about her daughter LOL. When you become a parent you'll understand that it's important for your daughter to be around both parents as long as both parents are healthy to be around. 

I know it is important to be around both parents, don't have to have a kid to know that but I doub't this was a one sided decision.If it was then yeah it'd be shitty of her but there is no way to know that. Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't SA even prefer LA over Vancouver? 

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

I know it is important to be around both parents, don't have to have a kid to know that but I doub't this was a one sided decision.If it was then yeah it'd be shitty of her but there is no way to know that. Correct me if Im wrong but doesn't SA even prefer LA over Vancouver? 

I didn't say that's exactly what happened, I said that I hope that isn't the case because then I'd judge if that makes sense.

Even if Stephen prefers LA I still don't get why they can't live with him in Vancouver while he's working most days of the week and then they could all go to LA for weekends... Like I said before, I hope them not staying in Vancouver is a good reason and not a flimsy one. 

Cassandra's had a couple of roles on TV (Hart of Dixie was one) and a couple of short films (that awful one about friends) and she's working with some fashion place that SA modeled in the catalogue for.  But my thought was that she thinks she has a career and Texan Cassandra doesn't want to be stuck in Vancouver.  She already leaves as soon as the weather turns cooler. Relationships are a tricky negotiation and I can see that living in Vancouver full time is not an option when she doesn't want to.

23 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think it's also because Cassandra isn't a Canadian citizen, so I don't think Mavi is either (though I'm not 100% sure of that, since Mavi is young), so Cassandra would need a company who would be able to get her a work visa. 

As far as I know, it's not that hard.  Sandra Bassilini and other stand-up comics are fighting against the trade restrictions that cause Canadian stand-up comics to pay $5000 to $10,000 for a visa to do shows in the US while US comics come into Canada for free.

9 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I've never heard that SA prefers LA over Vancouver as a place to live. To get jobs, yes.

I didn't see ANTM but I found this clip on youtube.  My sympathies are with her in terms of getting her hair cut (when I lost mine through chemo I lost a lost of my identity) and she was just 19 back then but she does seem like someone who would have difficulty compromising.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

but she does seem like someone who would have difficulty compromising.

To be fair, so does he... 

23 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

couple of short films (that awful one about friends)

Was that the one he promoted? That was really, really terrible. Nobody could act at all. 

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I didn't see ANTM but I found this clip on youtube.  My sympathies are with her in terms of getting her hair cut (when I lost mine through chemo I lost a lost of my identity) and she was just 19 back then but she does seem like someone who would have difficulty compromising.

You should totally watch her season. It's such a bad image to leave off on, of course she married very well and is in love so it doesn't really matter but if I were her, I'd do one more reality stint or something to rehab my image. 

I don't know if she should trust another reality show; the producers of that one visibly made her "the spoiled princess " of the group. I didn't siee any reason to force her to cut her hair Mia Farrow short and  dye it except as a kind of brainwashing since she looked worse after than before.

I agree she should do something though, write, produce, whatever she's always wanted to do. She's got the time with a nanny,  and she's got her husband's salary and his contacts. It's the perfect time to show she can do more.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

3. That was a horrible dye job. And the make up is nothing to brag about pretty much all around. Unless they had a pink eye theme for a shoot or something.

You just made me look through my old magazines from back when I was in school,  pink eye make up was a thing,  along with silver or blue,  it was all very fairy new age revival.  Also glitter lip balm,  gross. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't know if she should trust another reality show; the producers of that one visibly made her "the spoiled princess " of the group. I didn't siee any reason to force her to cut her hair Mia Farrow short and  dye it except as a kind of brainwashing since she looked worse after than before.

I agree she should do something though, write, produce, whatever she's always wanted to do. She's got the time with a nanny,  and she's got her husband's salary and his contacts. It's the perfect time to show she can do more.

Lol it isnt as if she is the only girl to get a questionable makeover though. She gave them the ammo, just look at Camille Grammer who went from The Most Hated Housewife of All time to the complete opposite her 2nd season of Real Housewives. 

IDK It's really hard to feel sorry for Cassandra on ANTM when she knew what she was getting herself into lol It's not like she was in the 1st season of ANTM and everyone knows that the makeovers can be drastic...

That being said she was only 19 so I do cut her some slack for that.