Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

What the hell do this jerk and his wife think they're accomplishing? All of this would be gross under any circumstances but with recent BTS developments with Kreisberg (and honestly the industry in general) and the fact Emily has apparently received death threats in the past it's so far beyond what anyone should think is a good plan that I just can't fathom what they're thinking. I get that his character is a villain but I should hate the character not the actor. 

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Was Manu on par or worse than this guy? Because KA seems pretty vile.....

I vaguely recall Manu liking or retweeting Felicity death stuff but I can't say 100% or not. But he was hugely hateful towards the show and at one time Marc and Stephen Amell until Marc obviously flattered his ego and kissed his ass to get him back on the show.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

What the hell do this jerk and his wife think they're accomplishing? All of this would be gross under any circumstances but with recent BTS developments with Kreisberg (and honestly the industry in general) and the fact Emily has apparently received death threats in the past it's so far beyond what anyone should think is a good plan that I just can't fathom what they're thinking. I get that his character is a villain but I should hate the character not the actor. 

I laugh at the irony that he insults dismisses and ignore female fans tweeting him trying to explain to him how promoting and validating violence against women isn't great or cool in this climate  and then right after quotes a tweet about some new Hollywood sexual harassment reveal and talks about how as father he doesn't understand how these men are allowed to be like that......like really Kirk?! Really?!

• Love 16

Speaking of Kirk liking tweets, he like two of mine but I think he took them out of context. I'd initially replied to his post saying it was never cool to endorse snapping an innocent woman's neck.  Being Twitter, a handful of people took offense to my comment.  One went through my follows and picked out people they didn't like and accused me basically of hanging with a bad crowd.  So I replied:

5a0d4c12e0d91_twitterstalk.thumb.PNG.2ca2ffa02b7f3a5a94c00ee57ceda836.PNG

Then I had someone say this:

twtter1.thumb.PNG.2c6f4acd2904984c3983366a891e2d27.PNG

To which I said:

5a0d4fbeaaf30_twitter2.thumb.PNG.983dd4d21c9c6b2f3456157b8b21190e.PNG

And he liked that as well, but I REALLY don't think he followed the conversations, just saw my replies and thought they were direct to him.  But who knows.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Speaking of Kirk liking tweets, he like two of mine but I think he took them out of context. I'd initially replied to his post saying it was never cool to endorse snapping an innocent woman's neck.  Being Twitter, a handful of people took offense to my comment.  One went through my follows and picked out people they didn't like and accused me basically of hanging with a bad crowd.  So I replied:

5a0d4c12e0d91_twitterstalk.thumb.PNG.2ca2ffa02b7f3a5a94c00ee57ceda836.PNG

Then I had someone say this:

twtter1.thumb.PNG.2c6f4acd2904984c3983366a891e2d27.PNG

To which I said:

5a0d4c5cb3712_twitter2.thumb.PNG.a3be7b3112408ee3fc5ca96fdffb5af3.PNG

And he liked that as well, but I REALLY don't think he followed the conversations, just saw my replies and thought they were direct to him.  But who knows.  

Yeah I'm guessing he thought you were being supportive of him and struggles with reading comprehension underneath his huge ego and fragile masculinity. 

• Love 9

I find this all very disturbing. I don't know the actor. I don't think I have every watched any of his projects but all this social media interaction just shows me that he is a weak, ignorant, simple-minded individual who is more concern about getting a rise out of people then understanding the true issue. He is a simpleton and that goes for his wife too.

• Love 13

Not to defend him, when he clearly is an ass for trolling and baiting the fans and not knowing when to stop, but I do think it should be noted that a lot of the time actors view the show through a very different lense than fans do. For an actor it might seem like a cool proposition for their character to do something awful if that means their character will forever be remembered as "the badguy who did this and that". To them that is more appealing than having a character who is liked but forgettable. Kind of like "Bane is the guy who broke Batman's back". Bane did lots of horrible other stuff (including if I remember correctly, raping Talia), but if it wasn't for that thing with the back, he probably would be considered another unmemorable "second row" villain. 

• Love 1

In case anyone was wondering if KC posted any response after the AK sexual harassment news came out on Nov. 10, the only non-fashion/non-personal tweets that she's posted have been the following - and I have no idea whether either tweet has anything to do with AK...

6 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

All of this would be gross under any circumstances but with recent BTS developments with Kreisberg (and honestly the industry in general) and the fact Emily has apparently received death threats in the past it's so far beyond what anyone should think is a good plan that I just can't fathom what they're thinking. 

Yep. And I saw people bring this up in his replies yesterday, but I don’t think he even acknowledged that. It’s just awful. 

And I’d feel this way even if the initial tweet he liked had been about a character I didn’t like. It’s just wrong. 

I hope he realizes that the moment he likes or says something the people defending him don’t like, they’ll turn on him. 

• Love 4

If your a good actor your portrayal of evil will make me love to hate you.  No one should have to go on any social media to get people to like your character.  I judge people for a living so what I see on social media is what I am judging you as individual on. 

• Love 3

I've been a KA fan for a long time, and I did unfollow him last night. That said, I really wish fandom would pick their battles better. They could've ignored that liked tweet and moved on, instead this snowballed into a ridiculous situation. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, JJ928 said:

I've been a KA fan for a long time, and I did unfollow him last night. That said, I really wish fandom would pick their battles better. They could've ignored that liked tweet and moved on, instead this snowballed into a ridiculous situation. 

I was a fan, too, from Fringe. Maybe if all this stuff with DC EPs and their treatment of women hadn't come out, people, including me, might have just ignored it. But man, that's just idiotic and tone-deaf. He should thank his lucky stars he's not a big name and no news outlet is gonna pick this up a story about a C/D-level actor liking tweets. I just saw a Hollywood Reporter story on how Joss Whedon liked tweets criticizing the JL villain. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 14

Must control rage. 

Now Jerk Avecedo wife is saying that Olicity fans aren't real fans of Arrow because they send "death threats" to Stephens wife. Basing this solely mind you on the person who orginally tweeted about snapping Felicity's neck telling her that.

Dear Mrs Jerk,

A. You don't even go here

B. Seriously, you don't go here. Do you actually know anything about the fandom? 

C. If you're going to make statements of Olicity fans making death threats against Stephen wife provide receipts then

D. Really, stop perpetuating the whole "true fan" rubbish. There's no such thing. A fan is a fan is a fan. 

Sincerely,

An apparently fake fan.

• Love 10

That guy is weird tbh.What actor thinks it's a good idea to argue with fans and sound very into the idea of his character killing a popular female character that his character isn't even connected with on the show.At first I thought he was doing the method thing and getting into character,trying to hype fans that way but his wife getting involved is making it look like trolling.I agree Idk how he thinks it's okay to accuse a whole fandom he just encountered for the first time of sending death threats to a coworkers wife.I just don't get why you would involve yourself in fandom stuff like that.I hope people ignore him,he sounds like he wants any kind of attention at this point.

• Love 2

They have to be the most embarrassing couple ever. I'm so embarrassed for them but especially for the wife. Imagine spending all of your time tweeting fans of your husband's new show. ?

I really wish fandom would ignore them. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

In case anyone was wondering if KC posted any response after the AK sexual harassment news came out on Nov. 10, the only non-fashion/non-personal tweets that she's posted have been the following - and I have no idea whether either tweet has anything to do with AK...

The first one I think she's just promoting. But the second one makes me laugh. I won't say why.

Edited by EmilyBettFan
  • Love 1

I have never heard of his wife, but ffs will fandom ignore him already. Move onto something else, he's a guest star who will mostly be killed off, by replying you're making it worse. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I really wish fandom would ignore them. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING.

I think most people are now in writing him off don't engage mode. But it just sucks that he and his Jerk of a wife have invalidated and empowered the Reddit and LL trolls to come after Olicity fans and perpetuate the whole Olicity fans are bullies myth. 

52 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I just noticed WH isn't on this Shethority thing. Curious. 

I believe Caity and Candice started the shethority movement and then asked the other girls from the other shows to join in when they were working on the crossover. They made that video they posted. Then KC's fans were asking Caity where KC was and then she said oh she'll do a video as well(nothing has been posted yet) and then she added her to the picture. I think Willa wasn't involved because she hasnt been filming or on set during the crossover and they probably didnt ask or she wasn't interested if Caity asked.

I think Willa just hasnt been in contact with CL. She is close with KC so making contact is easy. But I don't know if that is necessarily Willa's style anyway so I wouldnt be surprised if she supported them silently but wasn't interested in using her social media to promote.

I just noticed WH isn't on this Shethority thing. Curious. 

Katie McGrath hasn't been involved either, as best I can tell.  

3 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Why do only 50% of the proceeds go to charitable causes? 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1