Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, Angel12d said:

That's KT tape and it's genius. IDK how it works exactly but it helps support injured muscles. And also provides a 3 year old with something to draw on! Hehe.

KT Tape is 100% amazing. I use it for plantar fasciitis and some knee issues from running. Looks like his tape may be for the nerve issue he mentioned and the long one probably gives him some help with shoulder stability. Pinched nerves are no fun. 

55 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I use it for plantar fasciitis

Tell me more, please!

I would like if they showed more of the stress Oliver puts his body through. Put him in an ice bath or have Felicity taping him up.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

KT Tape is 100% amazing. I use it for plantar fasciitis and some knee issues from running. Looks like his tape may be for the nerve issue he mentioned and the long one probably gives him some help with shoulder stability. Pinched nerves are no fun. 

Yeah, I had a knee injury earlier this year which lead to overloading on my quad and KT tape basically saved me! I can also empathize with the back issue too as I threw my back out last year which was...not fun at all.

Man, I sound old. I'm not falling apart, I swear! Haha.

Detailed recap of Matt Ryan panel at Indy Popcon, July 7-9 (I only quoted portions)...

HIGHLIGHT FROM INDY POP CON 2017: MATT RYAN PANEL
by Michelle Ealey on Jul 31st, 2017
https://www.gonnageek.com/2017/07/highlight-from-indy-pop-con-2017-matt-ryan-panel/

The Indy Pop Con, July 7 – 9, hosted many different entertainment guests, including the star of Constantine, Matt Ryan. During his panel, he discussed early roles, working on a video game, and returning to Constantine.
After more TV and film projects, Matt got the role of Edward Kenway in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. When he first auditioned, he was told the project was a TV show about pirates. Matt made it to the second round, and he was told the truth – this was a video game, and he would be expected to do the voice and full motion capture. In film and television, actors usually get full scripts, but that is rare in video games because the script can be hundreds of pages long, which was the case for Black Flag. Armed with portions of the script, Matt put his trust in the director and creative team. About the experience, Matt said, “Now it’s become this amazing medium which so many actors want to work in, but at the time the whole mo-cap industry wasn’t that big. But it’s great. It’s like doing theater and television at the same time because there’s cameras all around you, but, unlike television, you can’t stop doing a take; you have to do the take all the way through because of the way the cameras work. Now maybe this has changed because this was a few years ago, and I know they’ve gotten much better at it. But it’s a kind of weird hybrid in terms of technique of acting of between stage and screen. And to do something that I’ve never done before was a real challenge that I was really looking forward to.”

In 2014, Matt starred in NBC’s Constantine, a DC comics character. John Constantine, created by Alan Moore, first appeared in Swamp Thing #37 as a spiritual advisor. Over time, the magician has morphed into a hard-smoking con-man with an immense ego who is always on his own side. In 1998, Constantine starred in his own series, Hellblazer, which was rebooted as part of DC’s Rebirth event in 2016.

Matt had to jump through multiple hoops to land the part. During the audition process, he starred in a play in London, and with long hair and a beard, he didn’t look the part. Fortunately, after seeing over a hundred actors, the role was available. Matt hopped on a plane, a friend in LA got him a trim and a shave, and after more auditions, the role was his. To research the role, a friend told him to bypass the Keanu Reeves film and dive into Dangerous Habits, a story arc (issues 34-46 of Hellblazer) written by Garth Ennis with art by Will Simpson.
Unfortunately, NBC didn’t like Constantine as much as the fans did. Matt was disappointed the show got cancelled, but relieved the fans enjoyed his performance. For Matt, the love of the fans “has been the most amazing thing about this whole experience,” and the fans’ appreciation is why he returned to portraying Constantine on Arrow, Justice League Dark, and the upcoming CW Seed animated series.

Going back to Arrow was unexpected. Matt was starting a play at the time, so the producers rearranged the production schedule. They flew him in, dyed his hair, and flew him back to New York; in between takes, he learned the play. Matt admitted it took him time to find Constantine again and thought he walked like a duck during the scene where he held Oliver at gunpoint. Constantine appeared in the fifth episode of season four, “Haunted.”
Another fan asked Matt if he would be willing to voice Constantine if the character ever appeared in Injustice 2, a fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The game, which is a sequel to Injustice: Gods Among Us (2013), is set in a dystopian timeline; multiple DC characters are in the game, but not John Constantine. Matt would be willing, saying Constantine can take on others by using spells. During his answer, Matt asked the audience, “Has Constantine ever interacted with the Joker?” The crowd couldn’t think of any such event. Matt went on, “That would be interesting, right? I mean, what would happen?  Constantine could just like bind him with a spell or something, but I don’t think he would; I think they’d probably get on a little bit in some weird way or they’d certainly have a laugh before John went, ‘No, sorry, out.’”

By the end of the panel, it is clear Matt Ryan has enjoyed playing Constantine multiple times and experiencing the different takes each creative team has brought to the character. “For me, I think, it’s just been such a pleasure and honor to play a character like John Constantine, and for all you guys to like me playing him, that’s the great thing, so if I have a chance to play him again, I would probably jump at it.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kymmi said:
10 hours ago, tv echo said:

Editor's Note Comics is a comic book shop in Maine...

Soap opera?  Hmm, I thought the comic bros hated that?

Only when it involves living breathing human girls. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

Is SA's video just about Nocking Point?

Yes. As I recall, I only posted it because his beard already looked thicker. Also, I remembered him saying something at a past comic con about how he might be growing it throughout the season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Schedule already posted for next weekend - the DR/KC panel should be interesting...

Boston Comic Con, August 11-13, 2017 (MA)
David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman 
http://bostoncomiccon.com/celebrity-guests/
Schedule (pdf)

SUNDAY [Aug. 13]
CELEBRITY Q&A SESSION WITH FAN FAVORITE JOHN BARROWMAN
2:30 PM, MAIN THEATER
Don't miss John Barrowman, best known for his role in Doctor Who as recurring guest character Captain Jack Harkness, as he takes
the stage to discuss life on and off set. His larger than life personality will have you smiling ear to ear long after his panel is over!
CELEBRITY Q&A SESSION WITH ARROW STARS KATIE CASSIDY & DAVID RAMSEY
3:30 PM, ROOM 210AB
Spend an hour with Starling City's favorite sidekicks. On The CW's "Arrow," David Ramsey portrays bodyguard-turned-hero John
Diggle (Spartan) and fan-favorite Katie Cassidy returns as Black Siren. Learn all about their joys and challenges of backing up the
"Green Arrow," Oliver Queen.

Edited by tv echo
56 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Schedule already posted for next weekend - the DR/KC panel should be interesting...

Boston Comic Con, August 11-13, 2017 (MA)
David Ramsey, Katie Cassidy and John Barrowman 
http://bostoncomiccon.com/celebrity-guests/
Schedule (pdf)

Wait, what? Who would put DR and KC on a panel together with no other Arrow actor to buffer them, given I think DR can't stand her.  Also, WHAT this description makes it sound like Black Siren is part of Team Arrow or some other shit. LOL WHAT? This should be amusing just for all the shade throwing from DR. LOL This has trainwreck written all over it.

• Love 5

Nah. I don't believe DR is enthused about having KC/BS on the show at all but I don't think he would shade her on a panel with her. I image it will be more of the 'it was so sad to lose her and it wasn't the same without her' etc.  One on one I'm sure would be a different story. At least three times, he's asked fans their thoughts on KC (Laurel dying, BS coming back) and gotten negative responses. He seems to enjoy that.

• Love 8

He'll probably just have his stunt man do more of the heavy lifting in action scenes until it mends up. It just depends if it's back strain or ruptured disks. If he's ruptured a disk then he's screwed, cause those can have you lied up in bed for weeks if not months. 

Yeah, when I had a pinched nerve in my back, I was prescribed bedrest, muscle relaxants, and pain killers for inflammation for a few weeks and then physical therapy to get my range of movement back.  Strenuous activity or heavy weight workouts could worsen the condition if not given enough time to heal.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

He said it's a pinched nerve - I've had one in my leg that's taken nearly 3 weeks to get better (but I also have the ability to stop doing the things that aggravated it). 

Yeah, that's the worrisome part.  Not that he has a pinched nerve but that his male ego may get in the way of healing it.

Hopefully he's smart enough to send a tweet that appeals to the dude bros but going to exercise around the nerve.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

A hard workout doesn't mean an upper body workout, which seems to be the source of his pinched nerve problem. Given the demands and expectations of his job, I don't think he has the luxury of not working out/keeping fit for very long.

• Love 8

I imagine that it could be really frustrating for someone who is as active as Stephen to be told to take it easy.  I don't know how severe his injury is, but when I had mine, I found it extremely frustrating because I lost control of my hands and I couldn't even open the door by myself.

Yeah, SA mentioned in a tweet it had moved to his hand as well. would actually make an interesting Oliver story if he couldn't shoot an arrow for a while due to a pinched nerve but I doubt these writers have the ability to veer from what was worked out plot wise months ago.  

• Love 7

From yesterday (nothing new)...

John Barrowman panel overview Wizard World Columbus 2017
Published on Aug 5, 2017, by Cinna Megz

John Barrowman sings I Am What I Am
Published on Aug 5, 2017, by Cinna Megz

Question to people who have been to a pride parade (I never have): How many gay stereotypes are there in gay pride parades? Cause I feel like Stephen going to a gay pride parade to only tweet about gay generalisations/stereotypes as his main "takeaways" kind of seems like it defeats the purpose to me *shrug* 

But are they very flamboyant?