Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

People use that example because they know the preference of the PR person for the show.

They should use past examples others have stated in here. Using her return as an example makes it look less like "unfair " as it does just pure dislike.

Just now, Primal Slayer said:

They should use past examples others have stated in here. Using her return as an example makes it look less like "unfair " as it does just pure dislike.

Or they used it because it literally just happened and you read it like that because of your POV. It's not like people have folders with the pics and time stamps of everything that was RTed in the past five years, they go for the one that is fresh is the memory.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Or they used it because it literally just happened and you read it like that because of your POV. It's not like people have folders with the pics and time stamps of everything that was RTed in the past five years, they go for the one that is fresh is the memory.

I dont know about that one....but even if it fresh, it's still a poor example imo. It wouldn't be to go back 2/3 weeks for an example unless they want to specifically use KC in which this case makes them come off differently. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I dont know about that one....but even if it fresh, it's still a poor example imo. It wouldn't be to go back 2/3 weeks for an example unless they want to specifically use KC in which this case makes them come off differently. 

I understand you think it isn't a fitting example but I also think you are reading a lot into something that isn't all that..

• Love 2

I remember a newer example. A few articles about Felicity and Helix started to pop up the same week SA posted a pic with EBR and the director for 520 but the CW Arrow account just RT'd a picture of JH's selfie instead...which wasn't anything to do with Arrow whatsoever. LOL. I remember because I laughed.

Like, a lot of cast pics get RT'd there but if it includes EBR, you can forget it! It's little things like that. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 21
26 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

I'm one of the people who were pointing out the perceived bias on the official Arrow accounts. And yeah, this was my issue. It's not the lack of interviews, it's how the official PR handles what they do have from EBR. The Arrow account for a while was retweeting more non-Flarrow Arrow stuff than actual Arrow stuff. Then new about a star from one show crossing over gets nothing for days? Really? Even when the show runner for both shows shared that info on Twitter? 

The one reply in that thread was a reply to another post too, more so agreeing with the bias than directing it at Amell. He said previously that the fact that there was bias was laughable and that he was actually chuckling about it. So people pointed out that, no hey, there is some bias (at least it appears that way from fans. Which are kinda what matters when it comes to PR stuff no?). 

Either way I think it was better when SA was on his SM break. When he gets too engaged he seems to side one way, either pro-Olicity sometimes, or pro-MASKS!!. He also seems to think that if you ignore trolls they will go away, and yeah sometimes that does work. But to ask for proof of attacks and harassment and then brush it off as "oh I didn't see that, they were band, that is a fake Twitter account so it doesn't mater" is well... kinda bad? He fails to realize that while the Twitter handle may not be the person's actual name or actual photo in the profile, it is still a very real person behind that account. I'm not sure how he thinks an account is "fake" ? It's not like they are pretending to be someone else or there is a robot behind the account...

. Do you really think he can say that he thinks PR is biased? He would be hung out to dry by one faction of fans or the other not to mention the network suits.

Maybe from his perspective, he may not actually see the bias as viewers do. He may not even be particularly familiar with how often or or not the CW runs promos. He may not care because he sees it from a different perspective. For all we know he might have gone to CW and been told that official PR ofother actors or characters is not his concern and that he needs to  officially promote what they want him to promote. Look I am not saying SA doesn't fuck up I'm saying he doesn't have all the control over what PR  is done for the show and by whom.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

. Do you really think he can say that he thinks PR is biased? He would be hung out to dry by one faction of fans or the other not to mention the network suits.

Maybe from his perspective, he may not actually see the bias as viewers do. He may not even be particularly familiar with how often or or not the CW runs promos. He may not care because he sees it from a different perspective. For all we know he might have gone to CW and been told that official PR ofother actors or characters is not his concern and that he needs to  officially promote what they want him to promote. Look I am not saying SA doesn't fuck up I'm saying he doesn't have all the control over what PR  is done for the show and by whom.

I know he can't do/say anything, which I am not asking him to do or expecting him to do. It was pointing out facts, and why some audience members may feel a certain way. I absolutely do not think he has control over the CW PR. He said it himself that he doesn't even look at the official Arrow FB page. What the conversation was about was him dismissing people's concerns and then them in turn pointing out facts for why they feel that way, and then getting dismissed again. 

The other issue is that Amell has made himself that go-to person for show questions. With Q and As and his FB page and also saying that he listens to the criticism has made him the person people go to when they have complaints about the show. Fair? No. But he also brought it on himself a bit IMO. 

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

You know what could solve this? Chico doing her damn job properly and being fair and equal with all cast members. RT articles and pictures about all of them! It's a truly mind-blowing concept, I know, but it would stop so much pointless drama.

Seriously, I couldn't care less if Chico favors KC/LL. Everyone has their personal opinions and faves. But don't let that bias bleed into your work, FFS.

Here I come with my SPN whine. At least she promotes someone from Arrow. SPN gets next to nothing in official PR. The only reason they got anything was winning the cover contest for EW which was fan voting. And some random photo shoot with some online mag that barely got any play other than in SPN fandom. They don't even run SPN promos after SPN anymore .They've been running Riverdale promos literally before Riverdale airs. It's the stupidest thing.

They barely announced SPN winning the People's Choice award. Basically I'm saying I don't understand how Chico keeps her job at all. Lol

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I agree the frustrations should not be directed at Stephen but at this point, IMO, people are pissed and frustrated and since he's willing to engage, they're probably thinking, hoping that he'd say something to TPTB.

I understand this motivation and I can even see that bringing it to his attention could be a good idea. What doesn't make sense to me--every time this comes up--is all the follow-up questions/demands/rants, acting like SA is somehow responsible for the show's or his fellow castmembers' PR decisions, or that he's at the center of this grand PR conspiracy to keep Emily out of the spotlight. Because of this, for one thing:

27 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Do you really think he can say that he thinks PR is biased? [...] Look I am not saying SA doesn't fuck up I'm saying he doesn't have all the control over what PR  is done for the show and by whom.

He's never going to comment negatively about the job being done by people who are his colleagues. It's just not going to happen. So what response do people want him to have, after he's acknowledged their complaints (or others like them)? He's not going to force Emily to do more interviews and I don't think her fans would really want her coerced into doing something she doesn't want to do, right? So then the best you can hope is that he will talk to the involved parties BTS and even if he did that, you will never ever know because he will never imply that they weren't doing their jobs right.

Complaints about what goes on on his FB page, though? Those are all his problem and he should deal with them better. Come up with a single line that affirmatively supports anyone who receives abuse on your page, particularly women, and condemns the abusers, and then ACT ON IT swiftly and consistently. This isn't hard, FFS.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I understand this motivation and I can even see that bringing it to his attention could be a good idea. What doesn't make sense to me--every time this comes up--is all the follow-up questions/demands/rants, acting like SA is somehow responsible for the show's or his fellow castmembers' PR decisions, or that he's at the center of this grand PR conspiracy to keep Emily out of the spotlight. Because of this, for one thing:

He's never going to comment negatively about the job being done by people who are his colleagues. It's just not going to happen. So what response do people want him to have, after he's acknowledged your complaint (or others like it)? He's not going to force Emily to do more interviews and I don't think her fans would really want her coerced into doing something she doesn't want to do, right? So then the best you can hope is that he will talk to the involved parties BTS and even if he did that, you will never ever know because he will never imply that they weren't doing their jobs right.

okay. i was just responding to the quote that someone was complaining about him denying bias in PR. I was trying to keep that separate from the other things on his page. I feel like separate issues are being conflated.

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

okay. i was just responding to the quote that someone was complaining about him denying bias in PR. I was trying to keep that separate from the other things on his page. I feel like separate issues are being conflated.

Oh I was agreeing with you! Sorry, should have been clearer.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1

I think a little part of this whole thing stemmed from him being on Facebook live and immediately came to KC's defence when he saw a comment. Whereas the same comment was said about Emily and even worse things like death threats towards his fans from his Facebook group and he never said anything. So as you can see there's somewhat of a bias. 

They sure do like to coddle KC from what I've seen. People were telling him and showing him constant proof yet one little comment about KC gets immediate attention. ?

• Love 5

I really don't know if this makes any difference-and social media wasn't what it is today, but I remember being peeved and irritated that Tom Welling was never or hardly interviewed for Smallville, when he was the lead! But he did show up at the Cons and he was always charming and gracious.

Turns out, he's a very private person and didn't like doing or giving interviews. So yes, I can accept that it is an actor's choice to appear or speak.

It still bugs me because I So and still want to hear what he had to say about the show. I know he appreciated the chance to direct-something he really wanted to do. He directed a handful of episodes during the show's run-one of them was the "Absolute Justice" episodes-where we got the JSA.?

Just my .02.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

I remember a newer example. A few articles about Felicity and Helix started to pop up the same week SA posted a pic with EBR and the director for 520 but the CW Arrow account just RT'd a picture of JH's selfie instead...which wasn't anything to do with Arrow whatsoever. LOL. I remember because I laughed.

Like, a lot of cast pics get RT'd there but if it includes EBR, you can forget it! It's little things like that. 

This exactly. It's like WTH?

My favorite example of this, and why I'm convinced that the EBR ignoring wasn't accidental, was during the 100th episode.  The Arrow account, the writers account, and the production office account all were livetweeting and there wasn't a single mention of EBR, Felicity, or Smoak technologies.  They didn't say her name. 

She was never great about doing her own posting, but I noticed that Emily will not participate in other' people's social media, a stark contrast to last year.  I can understand not wanting to do interviews all the time, but I wonder why she won't do any and no longer participates in any social media. I assume a young actress would want some kind of promotion.

• Love 9

I liked her doing that big media blitz in LA prior to the S4 crossover/mid season finale and the account didn't RT any interviews, just KC's response to a compliment from EBR during an interview.

• Love 10
18 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

My favorite example of this, and why I'm convinced that the EBR ignoring wasn't accidental, was during the 100th episode.  The Arrow account, the writers account, and the production office account all were livetweeting and there wasn't a single mention of EBR, Felicity, or Smoak technologies.  They didn't say her name. 

She was never great about doing her own posting, but I noticed that Emily will not participate in other' people's social media, a stark contrast to last year.  I can understand not wanting to do interviews all the time, but I wonder why she won't do any and no longer participates in any social media. I assume a young actress would want some kind of promotion.

I would say she might not be as invested in the show as she was previous years.

• Love 1

I don't understand how anyone can go to an event after your nude pics were "leaked." I'm sure most of KC's fans have seen her lady bits. I would not risk some weirdo asking me to sign a 8x10 glossy of a dick in my mouth. Are these things discussed at the cons? Especially when the gossip sites are alluding to said penis belonging to a member of the cast. 

8 minutes ago, Sasha said:

I don't understand how anyone can go to an event after your nude pics were "leaked."

Well, if she leaked them then she obviously doesn't care, and if she didn't then she shouldn't have to stay inside and live in shame because a pervert violated her privacy. 

• Love 18

Same way any of the females have gone on with their lives. And if some weirdo tried to get her sign a picture they would probably be thrown out and banned from whatever con for life. 

Unless some pap has some concrete evidence that she leaked them, alluding to the fact that she did is gross in itself.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Unless some pap has some concrete evidence that she leaked them, alluding to the fact that she did is gross in itself.

The pap that made the insinuations is the source of those KC at the airport photos you posted. Just FYI

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Sasha said:

I don't understand how anyone can go to an event after your nude pics were "leaked." I'm sure most of KC's fans have seen her lady bits. I would not risk some weirdo asking me to sign a 8x10 glossy of a dick in my mouth. Are these things discussed at the cons? Especially when the gossip sites are alluding to said penis belonging to a member of the cast. 

Dude.   I was in her tag on Tumblr because i forgot about that happening.   Holy damn do I regret that.  I mean,  I've totally sent dirty pics with zero shame but I would never leak pics that incriminating onto the web. 

I agree with EK. The BC mask does look good on him. Better than the paint they've been putting on him for sure. I think we've found the ultimate BC. Plus, he can make sonic bombs and there's no need for meta abilities.

• Love 12

Someone else commented on Felicity's hood being green and I wondered if it was just a trick of the light but in that pic you can see the rest of her costume is shades of black and purple but the hood and the shoulders is so absolutely green.  How could it be anything but Oliver's hood?  :D

• Love 15
17 hours ago, lemotomato said:

The pap that made the insinuations is the source of those KC at the airport photos you posted. Just FYI

How do you know? Not that i dont believe you but considering this person makes accurate posts about spoilers or set news(so maybe its a legit source about stuff) i would like to see a  proof that he/she implied such a thing.

3 hours ago, Chaser said:

I wish they had kept her hair blonde. I think the contrast would have worked better.

Personally im glad she wasnt blonde in this. 

12 minutes ago, theOAfc said:

How do you know? Not that i dont believe you but considering this person makes accurate posts about spoilers or set news(so maybe its a legit source about stuff) i would like to see a  proof that he/she implied such a thing.

It's on their twitter feed - although at this point a lot of the tweets this person was replying to have been deleted, so you can only see one side of the conversation.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Now if only she would post Felicity's lipstick shades for every episode! What a missed promotional opportunity. 

I don't think this is a make up artist for Arrow, but I've wanted this forever.