Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I love David for many reasons, but near the top is his devotion to OTA. Love it. And they all look great. I'm so excited that fancy formal parties are back this season! It's one of the things I missed the most during Season 3.

• Love 18

There was an IG post of DP and some thought she was dressed up. I'm iffy on that. She would have been wearing a short dress, which seemed a little odd to me with the evening gowns. But maybe she isn't at the party, but interrupts?

I can see Iris not being in the Arrow portion. They have to limit some regulars.

They do film on the same lots, so maybe DP just finished early and decided to hang out on the Arrow set? It's really hard to judge who is and who isn't in a scene from BtS photos. KC was in the photos for the jet scene in 3x20, but Laurel's scene was cut completely from the episode. 

• Love 1

I thought Danielle's sweater looked out of place regarding the other fancy dresses. It may be a crossover, but then again all three of the women are friends in real life, maybe she just stopped by to hang out.

EBR needs a new hairstylist who isn't partial to helmets. This poufy shellacked updo makes her look old enough to be SA's mother. They could've at least softened it with a few whispy tendrils. And it makes her head look disproportionate to her tiny frame.

KC looks really good, it's the best I've seen her look in show IMO.

Emily's hair is less annoying but still a bit sketchy, is it because she is always paired with tall guys, why do they always try to add height on her formal hair-dos? Outfit great give me the vibe needed for the powerhouse-partner for Mayoral candidate.

Willa's  outfit isn't to my personal taste but I know she could rock that look.

Also praise be for the Tuxes...love love love it.

• Love 3

If it's a choice between an updo or her Texas Beauty Queen Barbie hair from The Flash, I'll take the updo. I don't think it looks bad.

I'll take it over the half updo from Moira's get out of jail party, Dig and Lyla's wedding and riding off into the sunset. Those were really stiff. They haven't really mastered updos aside from the pony for Felicity. Then again, Laurel was cursed with limpid locks for a good while way back when, so obviously the hair department needs to step up a bit.

• Love 4

I freaking love Felicity's dress and hair. The color, style is just perfect, IMO.

If I rated them it would go

Felicity

Laurel

Thea

I just don't like that dress, it probably totally fits her character it's just not something that I would ever wear. However if I saw Felicity's dress I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Laurel's dress is elegant but too formal (for me) while Thea's is too edgy.

• Love 2

I just don't like that dress, it probably totally fits her character it's just not something that I would ever wear. However if I saw Felicity's dress I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Laurel's dress is elegant but too formal (for me) while Thea's is too edgy.

Thea's dress actually looks matronly to me but Hopefully her attitude will make it possible to pull off.

Katie Cassidy either does think at all or has no brain to mouth. In the same con, the Baltimore con, she said that she is an Olicity fangirl and then dismissed Emily/Felicity as love interest and when asked what kind of character development she wants, she said love interest ... She the proceeded to say she wants a love triangle with Oliver and Felicity. You can check it at the 7 minute mark on the video link pasted below.

She is a PR nightmare ... I would commit suicide if I have to work with her or tasked with image rebuilding of her person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLLIW42EdRI

Katie Cassidy either does think at all or has no brain to mouth. In the same con, the Baltimore con, she said that she is an Olicity fangirl and then dismissed Emily/Felicity as love interest and when asked what kind of character development she wants, she said love interest ... She the proceeded to say she wants a love triangle with Oliver and Felicity. You can check it at the 7 minute mark on the video link pasted below.

She is a PR nightmare ... I would commit suicide if I have to work with her or tasked with image rebuilding of her person.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLLIW42EdRI

I have not watched the panel so I can't talk about the content, but could we not toss around the suicide bit please?

• Love 5

KCs panel in Baltimore

I just wanna say Katie that getting a love interest isnt character growth.

Oh Katie.

First you don't need a love interest because you're a strong independent woman. Then you respond to a question about what character development you'd want for Laurel with getting involved in the 'Olicity triangle', which...yeah... either Olicity doesn't mean what she thinks it does or triangle doesn't.

Either way, what she says makes no sense to me. 

• Love 4

KC's con appearances are always great for their entertainment value. She always seems to say the opposite of what she said at the previous con. 

It's funny that a sort of triangle was given to Sara/Oliver/Felicity, not to her. That's two other love interests that replaced her. Only they did the right way by keeping Sara and Felicity friendly with each other because that's how their personalities are. Then had Sara realize that Oliver really wanted to be  with someone else. That was the most respectful way to write a triangle. I hope they never mess that up adding in another unnecessary triangle. 

• Love 11

But I love it so much that she believes there was/is/will be a triangle, when the writing has gone OUT OF ITS WAY AND THEN SOME to make sure there wasn't EVER any hint whatsoever of a Felicity/Oliver/Laurel triangle.

Please never stop entertaining me, KC. You brighten up my day.

• Love 9

Yeah, I've always found her belief in a Felicity/Oliver/Laurel triangle perplexing to say the least (I believe she also mentioned it in an interview last season), because for all the triangles this show has done, that is one that has never existed. It just adds to this feeling that the show in her mind is not the one we are watching on TV.

• Love 8

The more I look at Felicity's look the more I like it. Even the hair has grown on me. It's tone down enough from the previous beehive. It's very classy, elegant, old Hollywood. But the color and slit is such a pop of sexy fun.

It looks like they went with classy and elegant with the 'older' woman and 'trendy' with Thea. Thea's may come across better on TV, but it's Felicity and Laurel by a mile this time.

It's funny she is talking love triangles. WM was commenting on the show starting with a Sara Oliver Laurel triangle.

• Love 3

I think there was supposed to be a triangle but the writing was so terrible it looked like Oliver was in love with Laurel but sleeping with her sister in one episode, then in love with Felicity the next.

That was the plan maybe in s2. But KC has been talking about F/O/L triangle in s3. When she was nowhere close to a triangle.

Yeah, No.  Taking the rest to the Relationship Thread

I actually still think that the last narrative resort that would maybe finally make me warm up to Laurel is if she had a love interest. Because I enjoy 'shipping more than I enjoy everything else on television... but her being in an imaginary triangle with O/F is REALLY not it.

• Love 2

The more I look at Felicity's look the more I like it. Even the hair has grown on me. It's tone down enough from the previous beehive. It's very classy, elegant, old Hollywood. But the color and slit is such a pop of sexy fun.

Same. It's grown on me a lot. She looks very classy and every bit the CEO. Also like a Queen. ;P

Eh, her comments about Laurel in an Olicity triangle sound like wishful thinking to me. It's not the first time she's said this and I'm sure we'll hear about it again. Instead WM said that there will be closure to the Sara/Oliver/Laurel triangle, which I didn't realize was an actual thing.

That video is edited. Yesterday a clip was released, the questions about crazy Olicity fangirls, her answer was much longer. "I have my own storyline and stand for independent strong women, she (Emily Bett) can be the character that’s Oliver’s love interest. I'm happy with that." That was her quote after saying she was an Olicity fan. I find this troubling tbh, and I'm not even one of those people who analyze things she says because I really don't care. The clip was taken down yesterday & this is edited, but I'm hoping a new clip comes out.

• Love 6

Yeah, well, edited or not, she just needs to stop talking about Olicity and Felicity, although I understand she had no choice about Olicity here given the question she was asked. Seriously, what a terrible question. 

But knocking down Felicity as a character (whether that was her intention or not I don't know) and saying she's 'just a love interest' is doing her no favors. This is the second time she's said this. Just stop. Talk about BC instead.

Edited by Guest

"I have my own storyline and stand for independent strong women, she (Emily Bett) can be the character that’s Oliver’s love interest. I'm happy with that." That was her quote after saying she was an Olicity fan.

Holy passive-aggressiveness, Batman.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 13

Sounds like she was finally told that Laurel and Oliver were never going to happen and she is a little upset, but trying to cover it up with the whole "independent strong woman" thing. Problem is, it comes off as a dig at Felicity, that she is NOT independent and strong, and that sounds catty and bitter, even if she didn't mean for it too.

• Love 17

I think the problem KC is having is that the company line is different than she wants. KC wants to be Oliver's love interest. Often the main character ship is the one who gets the most screen time and fan attention. So she's giving two different answers because on what's happening and the other is what she would want. it depends on how she is perceive the question being asked. 

Laurel/Oliver/Sara was a triangle to start the series though Sara was "dead" and Oliver returned after 5 years. So a love triangle that was 5 years ago.

• Love 3