Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan King Edmonds: Third Wife's a Charm

• Start Topic

I think it is because they don't have the wards every year so they consider both Shannon and Kristen rookies.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought Shannon DID win it last year. LOL Maybe I am confusing HWs and awards! LOL

Mehgan is the equivalent of stirrup pants. They are not flattering on any body shape. They are not functional because the second you sit down and stand up again, you look like you have a saggy ass. But, for some reason, she is hell bent on them coming back. I don't believe in contacting people on social media to tell them how much I dislike them, but I really want someone to just tell her to shut up. Of course, Jim did that and it didn't stop her, so she will just always be the bad style choice we all made and want to bury in our past. #shutupmeghan

• Love 10

I think that Meghan is a terrible influence on Hayley and will ultimately lead to Hayley having a bad reputation. Meghan is selfishly dragging Hayley into the whole housewives drama. I hope that Jim is smart enough to put a stop to that. I don't think that Hayley is mature enough to realize the impact that this will have on her life and her mom isn't around to help her cope and make sensible decisions. I think that LeAnn would be very upset to see how Meghan is influencing Hayley.

• Love 5

I think that Meghan is a terrible influence on Hayley and will ultimately lead to Hayley having a bad reputation. Meghan is selfishly dragging Hayley into the whole housewives drama. I hope that Jim is smart enough to put a stop to that. I don't think that Hayley is mature enough to realize the impact that this will have on her life and her mom isn't around to help her cope and make sensible decisions. I think that LeAnn would be very upset to see how Meghan is influencing Hayley.

I don't know if Meghan is a bad influence on Haley or not but I suspect that Haley has been out of control for a while now, longer than Meghan has been in their lives. I also suspect that her step father has had little impact on Haley or Jim, who  seems to have allowed his ex to be the main parent since the divorce and that he lived much of the time in a different state. The kid does need someone to help guide her but you can not force her to do anything at this age, she has to want to make changes in her life herself now.

• Love 3
I don't know if Meghan is a bad influence on Haley or not but I suspect that Haley has been out of control for a while now, longer than Meghan has been in their lives. I also suspect that her step father has had little impact on Haley or Jim, who  seems to have allowed his ex to be the main parent since the divorce and that he lived much of the time in a different state. The kid does need someone to help guide her but you can not force her to do anything at this age, she has to want to make changes in her life herself now.

I just think that Meghan should not have dragged Hayley into the whole housewives drama. I think that Hayley, just having lost her mom, is very impressionable. Meghan is so immature and has recruited a teenager to be her back up. Really selfish.

• Love 7

I just think that Meghan should not have dragged Hayley into the whole housewives drama. I think that Hayley, just having lost her mom, is very impressionable. Meghan is so immature and has recruited a teenager to be her back up. Really selfish.

I think that Leann, her husband and Jim/Meghan all knew what the show was like before Leann/Jim signed/gave permission for Haley to be on the show. I am not saying that Meghan is a great or even good step parent but the decision to allow her on the show was that of her parents, not her step parents. I also suspect that the problems with Haley began long before Meghan was ever in the picture, she seems to be a very angry young woman at this stage.

• Love 2

I don't think Jim is all that bright.  Limited education, concussion syndrome and apparently an unwillingness to be a disciplinarian. Jim should be exercising some parental guidance and telling Hayley to stay out of it unless she signs a contract and wants to make an ass out of herself for money after she becomes an adult.  There are no favors be done by letting Hayley on the show let alone having her Tweet about it.  Meghan agreed with Vicki's advice and this week Hayley has a party for 200 kids at her dying mother's house and the police are called.  Meghan needs to take a stand and not about the language Hayley uses.  Meghan used Hayley's abhorrent behavior to try and get sympathy as a new wife and no one is buying it. After writing this I read Meghan and Hayley's tweets-Meghan acts Hayley's age.

I don't know when Leann received her reoccurrence diagnosis but I noticed Hayley moved to St. Louis in August and then back to OC in December.  Meghan would have had to have signed contracts promising her availability for filming.  I got the impression Meghan continued the spoiling of Hayley with allowing her to appear on the show.  Meghan is a student of the show-all she had to so is watch the 100th anniversary episode and  Briana, Michael, Shane, Colton, Ryan and especially Kara about their regrets for how they acted when they were teens.  There was no upside for Hayley doing the show or her incorrigible behavior being discussed.  I think it would have been nice to hear Jim's oldest was graduating from ASU instead of this brat Hayley and her behavior.  

Hayley was very disrespectful of her dying mother and I do believe at 17 you should be a little further along in your emotional development and if she needed help there are a plethora of resources to help her through her emotions.

• Love 1

I don't think Jim is all that bright.  Limited education, concussion syndrome and apparently an unwillingness to be a disciplinarian. Jim should be exercising some parental guidance and telling Hayley to stay out of it unless she signs a contract and wants to make an ass out of herself for money after she becomes an adult.  There are no favors be done by letting Hayley on the show let alone having her Tweet about it.  Meghan agreed with Vicki's advice and this week Hayley has a party for 200 kids at her dying mother's house and the police are called.  Meghan needs to take a stand and not about the language Hayley uses.  Meghan used Hayley's abhorrent behavior to try and get sympathy as a new wife and no one is buying it. After writing this I read Meghan and Hayley's tweets-Meghan acts Hayley's age.

I don't know when Leann received her reoccurrence diagnosis but I noticed Hayley moved to St. Louis in August and then back to OC in December.  Meghan would have had to have signed contracts promising her availability for filming.  I got the impression Meghan continued the spoiling of Hayley with allowing her to appear on the show.  Meghan is a student of the show-all she had to so is watch the 100th anniversary episode and  Briana, Michael, Shane, Colton, Ryan and especially Kara about their regrets for how they acted when they were teens.  There was no upside for Hayley doing the show or her incorrigible behavior being discussed.  I think it would have been nice to hear Jim's oldest was graduating from ASU instead of this brat Hayley and her behavior.  

Hayley was very disrespectful of her dying mother and I do believe at 17 you should be a little further along in your emotional development and if she needed help there are a plethora of resources to help her through her emotions.

The bottom line for me, is that Jim and Leann signed on the dotted line to allow Haley on the show. Jim was all go for wife #2 to be on the show before they divorced so he knows what's up as well.

So many here have echoed Vicki in her stance that Meghan is ONLY the step parent and a new one at that and should take a back seat in the parenting department, so which is it? Should she try to "parent" Haley or should she just try and support Jim's decisions concerning his daughter even if she doesn't agree with him. You can't have it both ways IMO, especially if Jim and Meghan don't see eye to eye on this.

And Yes, Meghan is immature.

• Love 2

The bottom line for me, is that Jim and Leann signed on the dotted line to allow Haley on the show. Jim was all go for wife #2 to be on the show before they divorced so he knows what's up as well.

So many here have echoed Vicki in her stance that Meghan is ONLY the step parent and a new one at that and should take a back seat in the parenting department, so which is it? Should she try to "parent" Haley or should she just try and support Jim's decisions concerning his daughter even if she doesn't agree with him. You can't have it both ways IMO, especially if Jim and Meghan don't see eye to eye on this.

And Yes, Meghan is immature.

Absolutely-Jim knew, Meghan knows, Leann knew and the brat knew it.  Jim's adult daughter opted out completely.

I didn't see it that way.  Meghan is the adult left in charge of Hayley, and as such she should supervise and discipline in her father's absence.  If Jim and Leann are in the picture she should support their decision.

This is what Meghan does that makes her arguments difficult.  First she wanted sympathy and support from a group of women who collectively had birthed 15 children, that she as a bride of four months, should be held in the same regard as her stepchildren's mothers and she met with opposition, to put it mildly.  She then went on to say she craved a baby from her sterilized husband.  The women both to her and away from her on camera expressed their feelings as mothers, and another woman coming into their children's lives and filling and replacing their role as a mother.  Meghan dedicated an entire blog to clearing up her comments.  Again this is Meghan at her finest saying something outlandish then back peddling and faulting the others for their reaction.  Vicki never said Meghan should take a back seat in the parenting department she said imagine how you would feel if your father brought a new woman in his life and wanted you to replace your mother with her.

Jim had to tell Meghan to back off because apparently he did not have the fortitude to enforce or set rules for his daughter with consequences.

When Meghan brought up Hayley's slacker existence in Tahiti she came off as once again wanting sympathy or support from this group of mothers (only one of which has raised her children to success in adulthood education wise-Vicki) and then tries to tie the earlier conversation about a stepmother being a replacement for a mother as somehow being hypocritical.  People everyday trust their children with relatives and step parents. Grandparents babysit and take grandchildren on vacation and they supervise and discipline their grandchildren.  Implied in that trust is you can voice an opinion, it may not be followed or even appreciated, but you should have a say.  Meghan tried to speak up and her husband silenced her.  If Meghan were that concerned a step parent perhaps she should have passed on accompanying Jim to St. Louis or saw to it grandparents were there to stay with troubled Hayley.  Not replacing the mother does not mean you should not have a say when the kid is with you.  The Hayley situation really isn't Vicki's fault.  Jim is being unrealistic if he thinks he as a public figure, stuck his kid in front of the camera knowing she had serious discipline and apparently emotional issues.  He needs to be able to take the heat.

• Love 4

Absolutely-Jim knew, Meghan knows, Leann knew and the brat knew it.  Jim's adult daughter opted out completely.

I didn't see it that way.  Meghan is the adult left in charge of Hayley, and as such she should supervise and discipline in her father's absence.  If Jim and Leann are in the picture she should support their decision.

This is what Meghan does that makes her arguments difficult.  First she wanted sympathy and support from a group of women who collectively had birthed 15 children, that she as a bride of four months, should be held in the same regard as her stepchildren's mothers and she met with opposition, to put it mildly.  She then went on to say she craved a baby from her sterilized husband.  The women both to her and away from her on camera expressed their feelings as mothers, and another woman coming into their children's lives and filling and replacing their role as a mother.  Meghan dedicated an entire blog to clearing up her comments.  Again this is Meghan at her finest saying something outlandish then back peddling and faulting the others for their reaction.  Vicki never said Meghan should take a back seat in the parenting department she said imagine how you would feel if your father brought a new woman in his life and wanted you to replace your mother with her.

Jim had to tell Meghan to back off because apparently he did not have the fortitude to enforce or set rules for his daughter with consequences.

When Meghan brought up Hayley's slacker existence in Tahiti she came off as once again wanting sympathy or support from this group of mothers (only one of which has raised her children to success in adulthood education wise-Vicki) and then tries to tie the earlier conversation about a stepmother being a replacement for a mother as somehow being hypocritical.  People everyday trust their children with relatives and step parents. Grandparents babysit and take grandchildren on vacation and they supervise and discipline their grandchildren.  Implied in that trust is you can voice an opinion, it may not be followed or even appreciated, but you should have a say.  Meghan tried to speak up and her husband silenced her.  If Meghan were that concerned a step parent perhaps she should have passed on accompanying Jim to St. Louis or saw to it grandparents were there to stay with troubled Hayley.  Not replacing the mother does not mean you should not have a say when the kid is with you.  The Hayley situation really isn't Vicki's fault.  Jim is being unrealistic if he thinks he as a public figure, stuck his kid in front of the camera knowing she had serious discipline and apparently emotional issues.  He needs to be able to take the heat.

Meghan can not enforce any rules if Jim does not support her, especially now that Hayley is an adult. When Leann was alive, Meghan could not enforce any rules unless Leann/husband supported her. That leaves Meghan in a powerless role with out parental Ok and support. When this was filmed, I got the impression that although Hayley lived with Meghan, she was with her mother during the day and mainly just slept at Meghan/Jim's house which further complicate things.  

Look, Meghan is a twit and she is immature much of the time but her role as a new step parent is to support her husbands decisions when it comes to his kids. As for making sure Hayley's grandparents are there to baby sit her, wouldn't that be Jim's job, not Meghan's, that is IF her GPs are even still alive or able to care for an out of control teen.

I never said that Vicki is too blame for Hayley's situation and have no idea where that came from.

• Love 2

Meghan can not enforce any rules if Jim does not support her, especially now that Hayley is an adult. When Leann was alive, Meghan could not enforce any rules unless Leann/husband supported her. That leaves Meghan in a powerless role with out parental Ok and support. When this was filmed, I got the impression that although Hayley lived with Meghan, she was with her mother during the day and mainly just slept at Meghan/Jim's house which further complicate things.  

Look, Meghan is a twit and she is immature much of the time but her role as a new step parent is to support her husbands decisions when it comes to his kids. As for making sure Hayley's grandparents are there to baby sit her, wouldn't that be Jim's job, not Meghan's, that is IF her GPs are even still alive or able to care for an out of control teen.

I never said that Vicki is too blame for Hayley's situation and have no idea where that came from.

As a parent or step parent dealing with a minor it is your job to ensure the minor has supervision especially when they live in your home.  Seventeen is not eighteen.  They know she is a problem and they elected to leave her unattended-that would be both Meghan and Jim.  I am going to give Leann a pass as I think she is entitled to go out of town.  We saw Hayley's maternal grandparents, they live in the area and if they were available they should have been called upon.  It  is not enough to just  identify the problem as a step parent sometimes you have to sacrifice your pleasure to keep an eye out.   Remember we have been told Hayley resides primarily with Jim and Meghan.  evidenced by the fact she was living with them in St. Louis and moved the five times with them I am thinking the responsibility rested with Jim and Meghan that she was supervised.

As far as the Hayley situation I never meant to imply you thought it was Vicki's fault.  Jim saying no one better tell him his kid should get a job is what I was referring to-he is sticking the monster on the show, his wife is discussing her personal business and then gets defensive when someone suggests the obvious.  it was directed at Jim not you.  Sorry about that.

• Love 2

As a parent or step parent dealing with a minor it is your job to ensure the minor has supervision especially when they live in your home.  Seventeen is not eighteen.  They know she is a problem and they elected to leave her unattended-that would be both Meghan and Jim.  I am going to give Leann a pass as I think she is entitled to go out of town.  We saw Hayley's maternal grandparents, they live in the area and if they were available they should have been called upon.  It  is not enough to just  identify the problem as a step parent sometimes you have to sacrifice your pleasure to keep an eye out.   Remember we have been told Hayley resides primarily with Jim and Meghan.  evidenced by the fact she was living with them in St. Louis and moved the five times with them I am thinking the responsibility rested with Jim and Meghan that she was supervised.

As far as the Hayley situation I never meant to imply you thought it was Vicki's fault.  Jim saying no one better tell him his kid should get a job is what I was referring to-he is sticking the monster on the show, his wife is discussing her personal business and then gets defensive when someone suggests the obvious.  it was directed at Jim not you.  Sorry about that.

Meghan is very immature, I wonder if part of the problem is that she tries to be Hayley's friend sometimes and then turns around and tries to be mom. That doesn't work. She needed to make the rules clear and her role in Hayley's life clear from the beginning. It's really difficult to discipline when you've put yourself down on their level and been the gossip and shopping buddy. They won't take you seriously, and as we've seen, Hayley doesn't take Meghan seriously when she's trying to lay down the law. 

As the step-mother in charge when Hayley is in her home she should have the ability to enforce whatever rules she wants in her home. That goes for whatever child would be in her home left in her care. Instead of saying things like I can't undo 17 years of bad parenting, and I wish these kids had come out of me, she should be saying to her husband, these are the rules I would like followed in our home whether you are here or not. I don't really see Jim putting his foot down and making those rules stick though. In this situation Meghan is in a tough spot. 

• Love 2

We do not know that Jim/Meghan did not make arrangements for Hayley during that time or that her mother/stepfather didn't. Maybe Hayley was to stay with a friend during that time but skipped out, who knows what happened. It would have been Leann's place to contact HER parents, not Meghan's, to watch Hayley and again, maybe she did and something went wrong. Also, what about Leann's husband, where is his responsibility in all this? Doesn't he have a responsibility equal to Meghan, if not more so because he has been in her life longer than Meghan? IMO, it is the duty/responsibility of the 2 parents first then their spouses, not the other way around.

My bottom line is that it is Hayley's parents job to set the rules and enforce them when she breaks them and support Meghan/stepdad when they try to enforce THEIR rules for their daughter and I don't think that is what we are seeing.

Meghan is very immature, I wonder if part of the problem is that she tries to be Hayley's friend sometimes and then turns around and tries to be mom. That doesn't work. She needed to make the rules clear and her role in Hayley's life clear from the beginning. It's really difficult to discipline when you've put yourself down on their level and been the gossip and shopping buddy. They won't take you seriously, and as we've seen, Hayley doesn't take Meghan seriously when she's trying to lay down the law. 

As the step-mother in charge when Hayley is in her home she should have the ability to enforce whatever rules she wants in her home. That goes for whatever child would be in her home left in her care. Instead of saying things like I can't undo 17 years of bad parenting, and I wish these kids had come out of me, she should be saying to her husband, these are the rules I would like followed in our home whether you are here or not. I don't really see Jim putting his foot down and making those rules stick though. In this situation Meghan is in a tough spot. 

I do agree that Meghan is trying to be both step parent AND friend to Hayley and it is confusing to both, she needs to pick a lane and stick to it.

Meghan can lay down all the rules in her home that she wants to but if Jim does not support her in that, it is not going to work at all, in fact, IMO, a kid like Hayley will use that to her advantage against the both of them. We already saw Meghan try to say that there should be stricter rules for Hayley and Jim basically told her to back off, that it was a waste of time because Hayley was going to do it her way no matter what. She is caught between a rock and a hard place in this.

• Love 4

We do not know that Jim/Meghan did not make arrangements for Hayley during that time or that her mother/stepfather didn't. Maybe Hayley was to stay with a friend during that time but skipped out, who knows what happened. It would have been Leann's place to contact HER parents, not Meghan's, to watch Hayley and again, maybe she did and something went wrong. Also, what about Leann's husband, where is his responsibility in all this? Doesn't he have a responsibility equal to Meghan, if not more so because he has been in her life longer than Meghan? IMO, it is the duty/responsibility of the 2 parents first then their spouses, not the other way around.

My bottom line is that it is Hayley's parents job to set the rules and enforce them when she breaks them and support Meghan/stepdad when they try to enforce THEIR rules for their daughter and I don't think that is what we are seeing.

I do agree that Meghan is trying to be both step parent AND friend to Hayley and it is confusing to both, she needs to pick a lane and stick to it.

Meghan can lay down all the rules in her home that she wants to but if Jim does not support her in that, it is not going to work at all, in fact, IMO, a kid like Hayley will use that to her advantage against the both of them. We already saw Meghan try to say that there should be stricter rules for Hayley and Jim basically told her to back off, that it was a waste of time because Hayley was going to do it her way no matter what. She is caught between a rock and a hard place in this.

I agree. In this situation there is really no way she can win. 

• Love 3

Meghan, judging by her tweets with Hayley really likes being the cool stepmom.  A responsible stepmom would have passed on the trip to St. Louis and stayed with Hayley.  I will  not explore if she was staying with a friend-it has not been factored in.  First part of being taken seriously is stepping up and making the parental sacrifice. I am relaying all of this in Meghan voice.  I will say if this was a case of Leann leaving town and Hayley saying she was staying with her mom lying to Meghan and Jim then all bets are off.  I do not believe with a seventeen year old each and every move needs to be monitored nor at this point should Leann and Donnie or Jim and Meghan have to be synchronizing schedules.  Hayley should be being honest.  If Meghan wanted to assert her authority she would have stayed back to make sure Hayley lived up to her responsibilities.  It has nothing to do with Jim-he has to work.  He can not force Meghan to go and forego her stepmother duties.  I will say I assume Hayley lives with Jim and Meghan and they don't hesitate to take a week's vacation.  Granted she is an adult now but I would be a little worried about my property if I were Meghan.  So at this point I think she is either behaving herself or there are no longer opportunities for her to entertain-maybe Jim installed surveillance cameras. 

Meghan doles out some pretty harsh standards.  I do believe the turning part of the luncheon discussion went completely south when Meghan said, as a partner Vicki should not allow Brooks to opt for his present course of treatment and stick to standard medical protocol.  Jim has touched on this aspect of her personality-about her being right and no one allowed their own thought.  He said at the sex party he has seen his wife in action.  Meghan may be between a rock and a hard place and I am curious why she brings up the bad deeds of Hayley?  Is it for sympathy or does she just want the world to know what an irresponsible parent her husband is-the man she wants to have a baby with?

• Love 2

Meghan, judging by her tweets with Hayley really likes being the cool stepmom.  A responsible stepmom would have passed on the trip to St. Louis and stayed with Hayley.  I will  not explore if she was staying with a friend-it has not been factored in.  First part of being taken seriously is stepping up and making the parental sacrifice. I am relaying all of this in Meghan voice.  I will say if this was a case of Leann leaving town and Hayley saying she was staying with her mom lying to Meghan and Jim then all bets are off.  I do not believe with a seventeen year old each and every move needs to be monitored nor at this point should Leann and Donnie or Jim and Meghan have to be synchronizing schedules.  Hayley should be being honest.  If Meghan wanted to assert her authority she would have stayed back to make sure Hayley lived up to her responsibilities.  It has nothing to do with Jim-he has to work.  He can not force Meghan to go and forego her stepmother duties.  I will say I assume Hayley lives with Jim and Meghan and they don't hesitate to take a week's vacation.  Granted she is an adult now but I would be a little worried about my property if I were Meghan.  So at this point I think she is either behaving herself or there are no longer opportunities for her to entertain-maybe Jim installed surveillance cameras. 

Meghan doles out some pretty harsh standards.  I do believe the turning part of the luncheon discussion went completely south when Meghan said, as a partner Vicki should not allow Brooks to opt for his present course of treatment and stick to standard medical protocol.  Jim has touched on this aspect of her personality-about her being right and no one allowed their own thought.  He said at the sex party he has seen his wife in action.  Meghan may be between a rock and a hard place and I am curious why she brings up the bad deeds of Hayley?  Is it for sympathy or does she just want the world to know what an irresponsible parent her husband is-the man she wants to have a baby with?

As you said, we really don't know where Hayley was supposed to be, so anything we say is just a guess at this point. Even though Meghan had known Hayley for 2 years by that time doesn't mean that Meghan tried to step parent her before the wedding and Hayley may have been fine with "friend" Meghan and then fought "step mom" Meghan, it happens.

I do think Meghan is doing and saying all this about Brooks to keep her job. She was fighting for that Orange in the beginning with another newbie so that may explain why she came on the show swinging at Shannon and then Vicki. I also think production set Meghan up as the "bad HW" this season because in the beginning Tamra was saying that she was no longer going to be the pot stirrer any more. Then we factor in Tamra herself, she is trying to fade into the background with the pot stirring, while quietly pulling Meghan's strings so that she does not get the blame again this season.

Should Meghan questioned anything about Brooks treatment? NO. But then again, I don't think Vicki should have changed Brooks mind and use it as her storyline this season either. Both Meghan and Vicki are/were wrong but in different ways about the same thing IMO.  

• Love 2

As you said, we really don't know where Hayley was supposed to be, so anything we say is just a guess at this point. Even though Meghan had known Hayley for 2 years by that time doesn't mean that Meghan tried to step parent her before the wedding and Hayley may have been fine with "friend" Meghan and then fought "step mom" Meghan, it happens.

I do think Meghan is doing and saying all this about Brooks to keep her job. She was fighting for that Orange in the beginning with another newbie so that may explain why she came on the show swinging at Shannon and then Vicki. I also think production set Meghan up as the "bad HW" this season because in the beginning Tamra was saying that she was no longer going to be the pot stirrer any more. Then we factor in Tamra herself, she is trying to fade into the background with the pot stirring, while quietly pulling Meghan's strings so that she does not get the blame again this season.

Should Meghan questioned anything about Brooks treatment? NO. But then again, I don't think Vicki should have changed Brooks mind and use it as her storyline this season either. Both Meghan and Vicki are/were wrong but in different ways about the same thing IMO.  

My guess is Hayley was probably trusted to stay home and behave like an adult.  It  is not as if she had to go to school.  My point with Meghan is sometimes as a parent we have to sacrifice for our children.  Even our stepchildren.  I think I am tired of hearing how concerned Meghan is for Brooks, and her hurt over Leann cancer, how much love she has for all her stepchildren and how she could not love them more. She just comes off extremely fake and does the fake cry like Tamra. I find Meghan at the ready to dole out the judgments but unable to accept the slightest criticism and that began with the phone call to Shannon.

It is interesting to me about the pot-stirring Tamra-I haven't seen her slack off at all in her role.  She started crap in Tahiti, she did it again with the psychic and her questions, she did it at the racetrack trying to blame Shannon-after her no secrets rule. Once again Tamra is swinging for the fences with Brooks.  Brooks saying consider the source, is not a big deal.  Shannon saying Tamra is a pot stirrer is not a big deal.   I think of Meghan as almost a professional reality personality and she got the role of a lifetime with RHOC and she has a famous husband. I just thinks he has to dial it back to be believable.  She has made so many age cracks that unless they bring another thirty something on there would be no reason to keep her around.

My issue with Vicki and Tamra is their roles on the show have become a cottage industry for them.  The high six figure salaries fuel their lifestyles and their adult children to a certain degree.  They can't make a single outside endeavor stick so this is it.  When I saw Tamra moving her son down and her mother in it became clear Tamra will say or do anything to keep this job-including giving up on her first born daughter. 

As to the Vicki story-was it this season or last season she was told she had to include Brooks?  I thought it was Season 9 and presumed the rule stuck. I don't think Vicki films enough and it is always a stretch with Brianna or even a Michael scene.  I don't mind Brooks-I think he is the perfect man for Vicki.  The are both devoid of any character and having them profess their love for each other and break up annually is just the icing on the cake.  It would be unrealistic for Vicki not to at least claim that Brooks is dealing with health issues.

I can't give Meghan a break in any way shape or form for butting in on Brooks' health care decisions or diagnosis.  She wasn't asked, she repeatedly tried to force her opinion and was repeatedly asked to stop and she just won't.  She is making herself unbelievable. If she took a job with the requirement that she torture the other women that is on her.  Obviously other woman film and aren't retained-Katie Hamilton and Danielle come to mind.  I can imagine that Jim is extremely embarrassed over her behavior.  Meghan claims she came into this group and expected some sort of cancer support group.  Not only does it  make for bad TV but very strange to try and create a group from a bunch of strangers the majority of which do not have cancer in their lives.   As soon as she said cancer treatments are not secret people talk about them I realized Meghan was just never taught manners.  People may want to talk about them but they should not be forced to or even asked about them especially in a social setting.

• Love 8
I can't give Meghan a break in any way shape or form for butting in on Brooks' health care decisions or diagnosis.  She wasn't asked, she repeatedly tried to force her opinion and was repeatedly asked to stop and she just won't.  She is making herself unbelievable. If she took a job with the requirement that she torture the other women that is on her.  Obviously other woman film and aren't retained-Katie Hamilton and Danielle come to mind.  I can imagine that Jim is extremely embarrassed over her behavior.  Meghan claims she came into this group and expected some sort of cancer support group.  Not only does it  make for bad TV but very strange to try and create a group from a bunch of strangers the majority of which do not have cancer in their lives.   As soon as she said cancer treatments are not secret people talk about them I realized Meghan was just never taught manners.  People may want to talk about them but they should not be forced to or even asked about them especially in a social setting.

This perfectly captures Meghan.

Thank you for so succinctly summing her up.

• Love 4

My issue with Vicki and Tamra is their roles on the show have become a cottage industry for them.  The high six figure salaries fuel their lifestyles and their adult children to a certain degree.  They can't make a single outside endeavor stick so this is it.  When I saw Tamra moving her son down and her mother in it became clear Tamra will say or do anything to keep this job-including giving up on her first born daughter. 

RHOC seems to depend on kids to fuel storylines more than any other franchise (idk about Atlanta, I've not watched it since the first season). I'm wondering if that is why Meghan had Hailey participate. Meghan doesn't have much to offer other other than that because she has no noteworthy accomplishments (same with the other RHOC women, for the most part).

I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't throw money (esp. cash money) at a kid like Hailey.

Edited by gimipizzauoldtroll
  • Love 2

My guess is Hayley was probably trusted to stay home and behave like an adult.  It  is not as if she had to go to school.  My point with Meghan is sometimes as a parent we have to sacrifice for our children.  Even our stepchildren.  I think I am tired of hearing how concerned Meghan is for Brooks, and her hurt over Leann cancer, how much love she has for all her stepchildren and how she could not love them more. She just comes off extremely fake and does the fake cry like Tamra. I find Meghan at the ready to dole out the judgments but unable to accept the slightest criticism and that began with the phone call to Shannon.

It is interesting to me about the pot-stirring Tamra-I haven't seen her slack off at all in her role.  She started crap in Tahiti, she did it again with the psychic and her questions, she did it at the racetrack trying to blame Shannon-after her no secrets rule. Once again Tamra is swinging for the fences with Brooks.  Brooks saying consider the source, is not a big deal.  Shannon saying Tamra is a pot stirrer is not a big deal.   I think of Meghan as almost a professional reality personality and she got the role of a lifetime with RHOC and she has a famous husband. I just thinks he has to dial it back to be believable.  She has made so many age cracks that unless they bring another thirty something on there would be no reason to keep her around.

As to the Vicki story-was it this season or last season she was told she had to include Brooks?  I thought it was Season 9 and presumed the rule stuck. I don't think Vicki films enough and it is always a stretch with Brianna or even a Michael scene.  I don't mind Brooks-I think he is the perfect man for Vicki.  The are both devoid of any character and having them profess their love for each other and break up annually is just the icing on the cake.  It would be unrealistic for Vicki not to at least claim that Brooks is dealing with health issues.

I can't give Meghan a break in any way shape or form for butting in on Brooks' health care decisions or diagnosis.  She wasn't asked, she repeatedly tried to force her opinion and was repeatedly asked to stop and she just won't.  She is making herself unbelievable. If she took a job with the requirement that she torture the other women that is on her.  Obviously other woman film and aren't retained-Katie Hamilton and Danielle come to mind.  I can imagine that Jim is extremely embarrassed over her behavior.  Meghan claims she came into this group and expected some sort of cancer support group.  Not only does it  make for bad TV but very strange to try and create a group from a bunch of strangers the majority of which do not have cancer in their lives.   As soon as she said cancer treatments are not secret people talk about them I realized Meghan was just never taught manners.  People may want to talk about them but they should not be forced to or even asked about them especially in a social setting.

If Meghan, or any of the HWs for that matter, followed polite society rules they would be fired after 1 season if not before. I do think Meghan is the next Tamra and that is why she is on the show. I am not saying they will fire Tamra but I do think the focus on her will be dialed back next season and Shannon may be Vicki's replacement soon as well.

Yes, I do think you are right, that Andy gave Vicki the ultimatum last season about Brooks being on the show and I think that is why Vicki got Brooks to change his mind about sharing his cancer on the show THIS season. She knows she has to bring something new/big each season or else she is gone and IMO, Vicki is desperate, like most HWs, to keep their HW job no matter what. So, Vicki used Brooks illness because without it she really had nothing else, which put her full time HW status at risk and that was more important to her than anything else. As for how often Vicki films, I don't know that we really know how often she films because she seems to be on camera as much as the other women but if she is really filming less than it is because she has nothing left to show other than Brooks/illness and an occasional visit with her kids and it is time for her to go.

As someone said in another thread, I do NOT believe that production tells any of the HWs the direction they want them or the show itself to go BEFORE they hire them. It is only after the contracts are signed that they are given any info from the producers IMO, otherwise I think the turnover rate for new hires would be much higher. That is not to say that Meghan wouldn't have still jumped at the chance to be on the show had she known from the get go but we really don't know either way.

Oh, and I am not giving Meghan a "break" on her behavior about Brooks cancer. I am saying that Vicki is just as guilty, if not more so, in her using his illness as her main storyline this season. As I said, the are both guilty of using his illness and even though they did so in different ways, it that does not mitigate their individual guilt IMO. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

RHOC seems to depend on kids to fuel storylines more than any other franchise (idk about Atlanta, I've not watched it since the first season). I'm wondering if that is why Meghan had Hailey participate. Meghan doesn't have much to offer other other than that because she has no noteworthy accomplishments (same with the other RHOC women, for the most part).

I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't throw money (esp. cash money) at a kid like Hailey.

The only show that surpasses the OC in using kids to fuel storylines is NJ and although Atl. has few children on it, they don't use them as much as either the OC and far less than NJ IMO .

• Love 1

If Meghan, or any of the HWs for that matter, followed polite society rules they would be fired after 1 season if not before. I do think Meghan is the next Tamra and that is why she is on the show. I am not saying they will fire Tamra but I do think the focus on her will be dialed back next season and Shannon may be Vicki's replacement soon as well.

Yes, I do think you are right, that Andy gave Vicki the ultimatum last season about Brooks being on the show and I think that is why Vicki got Brooks to change his mind about sharing his cancer on the show THIS season. She knows she has to bring something new/big each season or else she is gone and IMO, Vicki is desperate, like most HWs, to keep their HW job no matter what. So, Vicki used Brooks illness because without it she really had nothing else, which put her full time HW status at risk and that was more important to her than anything else. As for how often Vicki films, I don't know that we really know how often she films because she seems to be on camera as much as the other women but if she is really filming less than it is because she has nothing left to show other than Brooks/illness and an occasional visit with her kids and it is time for her to go.

As someone said in another thread, I do NOT believe that production tells any of the HWs the direction they want them or the show itself to go BEFORE they hire them. It is only after the contracts are signed that they are given any info from the producers IMO, otherwise I think the turnover rate for new hires would be much higher. That is not to say that Meghan wouldn't have still jumped at the chance to be on the show had she known from the get go but we really don't know either way.

Oh, and I am not giving Meghan a "break" on her behavior about Brooks cancer. I am saying that Vicki is just as guilty, if not more so, in her using his illness as her main storyline this season. As I said, the are both guilty of using his illness and even though they did so in different ways, it that does not mitigate their individual guilt IMO. 

It would be epic next year if Meghan and Tamra had a battle of the Titans.  A real battle and not one of these fake make up things that Tamra is famous for-I would rather see Tamra go than Meghan at this point.  They seem to be multiplying over at Judge residence.  pretty soon we will have Eddie's relatives moving in.

The only show that surpasses the OC in using kids to fuel storylines is NJ and although Atl. has few children on it, they don't use them as much as either the OC and far less than NJ IMO .

And NJ got us Manzo'd with Children.

• Love 1

Meghan investigating Brooks gave me an idea regarding something I've suspected about her. It was easy. I Googled "buy instagram followers" Not only did several companies offer packages depending on how many followers you want to buy but for an additional fee you can buy "likes" too! An article on how sleazy it is to do this said evidence that someone had purchased followers would be a disproportionate amount of likes and comments. Meghan will typically have 10 percent comments to the amount of likes she has. Case closed!

Edit to add EBkitty pointed out the discrepancy in comments to followers would be an indication of bought followers.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 3

Meghan investigating Brooks gave me an idea regarding something I've suspected about her. It was easy. I Googled "buy instagram followers" Not only did several companies offer packages depending on how many followers you want to buy but for an additional fee you can buy "likes" too! An article on how sleazy it is to do this said evidence that someone had purchased followers would be a disproportionate amount of likes and comments. Meghan will typically have 10 percent comments to the amount of likes she has. Case closed!

Edit to add EBkitty pointed out the discrepancy in comments to followers would be an indication of bought followers.

Yeah, we speculated about this a few pages back. Wouldn't put it past her or bravo

• Love 2

Ok, after tonight's episode, I have a theory about Meghan's marriage to Jim.  Meghan has superfan knowledge of this franchise, which leads me to believe that she's watched it for years.  Meghan clearly relishes being on reality shows (this is her third).  At this point, I think she's predatorial enough to target Jim, help break up his marriage, then take Allison's spot on this cast.   It's an extreme statement, but I'll own it.   She's using her beloved (and vulnerable) step-daughter for a storyline, willingly revealing incredibly private info (Haley's on birth control), contributing to the impression that Hayley's a lazy, selfish, ignorant bitch - let's not even go into the hijacking of Leann's cancer, and attempting to replace her as mother.  I'm not sure if there's anything this woman won't do.  Does she have a line she won't cross?

• Love 7

Is her hair still that gawd awful pink color? If so why? It looks absolutely terrible. I hope she changes it before the reunion because I don't want to look at that PAAS easter egg pink hair for 3 hours.

The only thing that would make Meghan slightly bearable is if she were pitted against Tamra. Now that I would sign up for! Tired of everyone coming for Vicki.Yes, Vicki is a ridiculous narcissist. We all know that but I don't need a constant stream of newbies targeting her at every turn. 

• Love 3

I think maybe the Edmonds' marriage might last longer than four years after all.  Meghan won't be an easy woman to divorce if the psycho-stalking behavior she has exhibited with someone she has met only a few times is any indication.  Aside from the financial entaglements (even though I'm sure there is a prenup), it won't be easy for Jim to get away from Meghan.

OTOH, maybe the arragement perfectly suits Jim.  He can get away to his other life in St. Louis almost any time he wants, and when he is in OC, he pretty much does whatever he wants there too.

• Love 2

Is her hair still that gawd awful pink color? If so why? It looks absolutely terrible.

Because she's the patron saint of cancer sufferers everywhere. Don't minimize her pain!

Whenever Meghan talks about cancer/justice, I imagine her reciting an amended version of the Sailor Moon quote:

I am [Meghan King Edmonds], champion of justice! On behalf of the [cancer], I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you! In the name of the [cancer], I will punish you!"

• Love 7

Whenever Meghan talks about cancer/justice, I imagine her reciting an amended version of the Sailor Moon quote:

I am [Meghan King Edmonds], champion of justice! On behalf of the [cancer], I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you! In the name of the [cancer], I will punish you!"

She needs to get a cat named Luna.
  • Love 4

Haily comes off as thinking Meghan is a joke and all her parenting efforts are a joke too.   Jim doesn't back up Meghan, so when she's issuing her "rules", Haily knows it means nothing.  Meghan tries to go old-school with her rules, that doesn't work, then she falls back into her "cool step-mom" mode, and that makes her look even more ridiculous.   She's there just to make sure Haily doesn't burn down the house - nothing more.  

• Love 3

Meghan is psycho. No way is Jim going to get out of this marriage easy.

I sooooo agree OhGromit. She appears to be psycho and shades of her personality are now documented on TV. If Jim or loved ones wish to get an order of protection against her in the future I would think her actions regarding Brooks, a stranger, would illustrate she's unstable.

If Jim's friends care about him they may be saying things about Meghan's behaviour. Are they a good match...if he wanted another teenage daughter to take care of...yes!

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

This is a great analysis. Sometimes I think I need to stop watching the HW shows because it all feels so manipulative. We are all (the viewing audience) pawns. But obviously I get something out of it as I continue to watch. I think part of it for me is the challenge of trying to see beyond what these ladies and Bravo put out there. That is why I love to read all these opinions. Just fascinating.

• Love 4

Interesting - Meghan is saying in her blog she has been appointed as the official spokesperson for Fight Colorectal Cancer.org yet she is not mentioned on their site as official or celebrity. Some celebrities are - Sheryl Crow, Luke Perry, Kevin Klein are some.

I can't stand her and I cannot imagine an org appointing her at all due to her unethical means of tormenting cancer patients (real or not, doesn't matter).

• Love 4

Interesting - Meghan is saying in her blog she has been appointed as the official spokesperson for Fight Colorectal Cancer.org yet she is not mentioned on their site as official or celebrity. Some celebrities are - Sheryl Crow, Luke Perry, Kevin Klein are some.

I can't stand her and I cannot imagine an org appointing her at all due to her unethical means of tormenting cancer patients (real or not, doesn't matter).

http://fightcolorectalcancer.org/do-something/fund-the-fight/fundraising-partnerships/

She's some kind of fundraising partner according to the website. A person who fakes cancer to expose and humiliate a cancer patient is representing a cancer-fighting charity? Wow.

• Love 6

Thanks for clarifying gim.

So Meghan and step daughter Lauren are selling trucker hats #CancerSucks and donating proceeds.

Sigh - that is not "I have been honored to have been appointed as the official spokesperson of Fight Colorectal Cancer.org." As she stated in her blog.

• Love 4

The organization is bound to get letters about her "faking cancer" to sucker punch a cancer patient on national TV. Her hat business is not the company a cancer charity wants to have representing their cause.

She misrepresented herself in her blog...no surprise here!

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Oh for fucks sake! She already thought she was the super hero fighter of cancer, don't give the bitch a cape! Now we will never hear the end of it.

• Love 2

Yeah, we speculated about this a few pages back. Wouldn't put it past her or bravo

Yes that was me who started the convo! Maybe when my screen name was still barbaralewis but I never really looked it up regarding instagram, how common and how easy and cheap it is until now. I guess people have been busted because they get sponsors who pay them to advertise things based on their number of followers, which is fraud if your followers aren't real. Meghan has 900 likes and 75 to 150 comments on virtually all her posts. I'm not speculating anymore, I'm positive! :-)

• Love 2

I am confused. In her blog, Meghan states the following

"A big part of my life has been exposed to you so that cancer can get the much-needed attention it deserves  (By the way, it worked. I have been honored to have been appointed as the official spokesperson for Fight Colorectal Cancer www.fightcrc.org). And with any cause that is worthy of a fight I will seek answers until there is a cure, justice, or truth is exposed. From now on, the audience can decide what their truth might be."

So she is not just a spokesperson? She has actually been appointed THE OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON????

What organization would want this woman as their official spokesperson? ​

• Love 9

I am confused. In her blog, Meghan states the following

"A big part of my life has been exposed to you so that cancer can get the much-needed attention it deserves  (By the way, it worked. I have been honored to have been appointed as the official spokesperson for Fight Colorectal Cancer www.fightcrc.org). And with any cause that is worthy of a fight I will seek answers until there is a cure, justice, or truth is exposed. From now on, the audience can decide what their truth might be."

So she is not just a spokesperson? She has actually been appointed THE OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON????

What organization would want this woman as their official spokesperson? ​

A question I think we should ask fight.crc.org.  I'm willing to contact them about their "official spokesperson's" dubious behavior vis-à-vis contacting a cancer patient's doctor under false pretenses - how about you?

• Love 12