Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

Is this show seriously going to pretend fucking your brother’s wife is a bad thing? I mean I thought it was the prelude to the greatest love of all. It is hot and romantic and beautiful and root worthy and above all romcom.

No?

• Love 19
2 hours ago, miamama said:

Is this show seriously going to pretend fucking your brother’s wife is a bad thing? I mean I thought it was the prelude to the greatest love of all. It is hot and romantic and beautiful and root worthy and above all romcom.

No?

This is for regular actors. Not for superstars Jason Thompson and Gina Tognoni with their amazing chemistry, sexiness and comedic skills(but we're laughing at you, not with you). The new couple just need a racehorse and an elevator to make the masterclass. 

• Love 15
59 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

This is for regular actors. Not for superstars Jason Thompson and Gina Tognoni with their amazing chemistry, sexiness and comedic skills(but we're laughing at you, not with you). The new couple just need a racehorse and an elevator to make the masterclass. 

?They have it all, Just like Bogey and Bacall??

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

?They have it all, Just like Bogey and Bacall??

Or, as I heard it, "They have it all, Just like Boogers and Appall."  

But then I need new ear buds.

• Love 12
On 11/12/2018 at 7:46 PM, babyhouseman said:

They have the steamy chemistry of Rory Calhoun and Marie Dressler...  The erotic magnetism of The Alien and Paul Reiser. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I LOVED the Ma and Pa Kettle movies when I was a kid!!

When my DH and I first got married there was some obscure local tv channel that would play Ma and Pa Kettle movies, Blondie, Tarzan (with Johnny Wiessuller) are some of the ones I remember. We'd get up, clean the house and settle down for the rest of the day with a bowl and our old black and white tv for an afternoon of cuddling and watching old movies. I loved it until one night the tv started smoking and hubby ran it out to the back yard wearing my pink satin robe. 

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

When my DH and I first got married there was some obscure local tv channel that would play Ma and Pa Kettle movies, Blondie, Tarzan (with Johnny Wiessuller) are some of the ones I remember. We'd get up, clean the house and settle down for the rest of the day with a bowl and our old black and white tv for an afternoon of cuddling and watching old movies. I loved it until one night the tv started smoking and hubby ran it out to the back yard wearing my pink satin robe. 

I swear that in one of the Ma and Pa Kettle movies, Pa did pretty much the exact same thing!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, boes said:
13 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I loved it until one night the tv started smoking and hubby ran it out to the back yard wearing my pink satin robe. 

I swear that in one of the Ma and Pa Kettle movies, Pa did pretty much the exact same thing!

LOL Dagwood probably did too in one of those Blondie episodes :)

• Love 9

Lol. It was an old tv I paid ten dollars for at Goodwill. We were lying in bed and I had dozed off. The next thing I knew hubby was flying out the door in my robe holding the smoking tv at arms length headed for the back yard. It was raining (of course it was, this is Seattle) and he just threw it on the grass. I laughed until I realize if he hadn't been awake, we could have died in a fire that night. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, peacheslatour said:

Lol. It was an old tv I paid ten dollars for at Goodwill. We were lying in bed and I had dozed off. The next thing I knew hubby was flying out the door in my robe holding the smoking tv at arms length headed for the back yard. It was raining (of course it was, this is Seattle) and he just threw it on the grass. I laughed until I realize if he hadn't been awake, we could have died in a fire that night. 

There is the whole fire thing, so thank God hubby noticed!

When we're young and poor, any port in a storm when it comes to possessions.

After moving to SF in 1975 with about 200 bucks, a suitcase and two boxes of books I didn't have a lot of money for the extras.  A friend gave me this really, really cool "portable" COLOR tv!  GREAT score, I mean, a color tv for free?  "Portable" was a matter of strength since it weighed a ton as things tended to do in those days, but still.....

Except it had no sound.  Picture was great, sound was nada. 

So I went to Sears and bought one of those radios that could tune in tv stations.  And used that set up for a couple of years, worked great!

• Love 16
3 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

Now that sounds like a masterclass in romcom...

• Love 11

Yeah, these young whippersnappers won’t have these great memories to look back on and tell each other and their kids. Gosh, did we have some good times when we were young, stupid and poor!

• Love 9

So apparently next week at JT's memorial (do they find his body?) Phyllis -- afraid Nikki is about to confess to the JT killing -- announces to all that JT abused Victoria.

1. I thought Victor already did this on GC Buzz or something ages ago?

and

2. I thought I could not hate Phyllis more. She ripped Jack to pieces because he planned to tell the police about the Marco fiasco pulled by Victor (in a desperate bid to save Jabot millions in a bogus lawsuit brought on by Victor because of idiocy wrought by Billy and Phyllis -- ie Passkey). She SCREAMED that he has no right to tell ANYONE about her rapes (even if it forces him to be silent about his own kidnapping/torture/rapes/shooting) and stomped off in a self righteous fury to suck her brother in law's dick.

But now it is convenient for her to blindside Victoria at JT's memorial in front of their child so it's all good, right?

aaaaargh

What irks the fuck out of me is Phyllis will be seen as a heroine or victim instead of the trash she is. Victoria will probably thank her, and Reed will be pleased his grandmother killed his father and that she, his mother, Sharon and Phyllis (at various times his aunts) dragged him across town and dumped his body in the park, then lied for almost a year about it.

Why did they let Mal keep writing for soooo long??????????????

Edited by miamama
  • Love 17
28 minutes ago, miamama said:

JT abused Victoria.

I read this & wondered why Phyllis would tell everybody that Billy abused Victoria...oopsie, I mistook "JT" as Jason Thompson *duh*

• Love 5
19 hours ago, miamama said:

2. I thought I could not hate Phyllis more. She ripped Jack to pieces because he planned to tell the police about the Marco fiasco pulled by Victor (in a desperate bid to save Jabot millions in a bogus lawsuit brought on by Victor because of idiocy wrought by Billy and Phyllis -- ie Passkey). She SCREAMED that he has no right to tell ANYONE about her rapes (even if it forces him to be silent about his own kidnapping/torture/rapes/shooting) and stomped off in a self righteous fury to suck her brother in law's dick.

But now it is convenient for her to blindside Victoria at JT's memorial in front of their child so it's all good, right?

aaaaargh

That's just so gross. But this is Phyllis we're talking about: this would barely break the top ten of heinous shit she's pulled. She couldn't even respect her own son's wishes not to toss him under the bus for a "granddotter" whose name she can't remember, no way will she care about anyone else.

This is why soaps are on life support now. I didn't think any of them would still be chugging along in 2019 after the axes started for Passions, then GL and all the rest. Yet, here we all with the show a shell of what it once was.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 17

Show has put out a casting call for a Caucasian male 5’11 to 6 ‘ who resembles current older cast member.

I think Kerry will have a type, maybe someone she targets (and Jack is her latest victim). I don’t believe this will be a doppelgänger.

JG will do something with this Jack-Kerry pairing imo (and this casting call is post Mal.)

I notice JG has a co-EP title with Morina too. That’s interesting. JFP was clearly a nightmare for him. (Didn’t he quit after pretty much having a break down?) I actually like JG’s work. Everything I hated about his last stint was no doubt Jill controlled (esp the throw Sharon under the bus to spare Nick DNA horse shit AND the decision to kill Delia). So he’s demanded more control this time.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 11

The Sharon DNA switch debacle is why I’m very wary about JG’s return. If it wasn’t his idea, great. A twist of that... quality certainly has Jill Farren-Phelps written all over it, probably in creamy nude lipstick. 

I dunno if Kerry/Jack can be saved. 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The Sharon DNA switch debacle is why I’m very wary about JG’s return. If it wasn’t his idea, great. A twist of that... quality certainly has Jill Farren-Phelps written all over it, probably in creamy nude lipstick. 

well, jm went to tptb and whined about his character getting slammed for dummer being jack's and not his kid cause he lied....i'm kinda thinking he went to jfp and not jg..

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Oh my speculation is JG is planning to kill Kerry/Jack but by means of a story. I suppose Victor might be the older male they are trying to match for some reason but can such a person exist????

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

Oh my speculation is JG is planning to kill Kerry/Jack but by means of a story. I suppose Victor might be the older male they are trying to match for some reason but can such a person exist????

Is Leona Helmsley still alive?

• Love 8

My speculation--Kerry was mainly brought in to break Jack's heart and make him look foolish.  MY lived for those moments.  Jack with this much younger woman?  And one that he has no chemistry with?  No future there.

I would guess that she'd leave him at the altar, or marry him and carry on a hot affair with Billy or Nate.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Tippi said:

My speculation--Kerry was mainly brought in to break Jack's heart and make him look foolish.  MY lived for those moments.  Jack with this much younger woman?  And one that he has no chemistry with?  No future there.

I would guess that she'd leave him at the altar, or marry him and carry on a hot affair with Billy or Nate.

Maybe she's a spy for Ashley who is in Paris secretly trying to sabotage Jabot.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Tippi said:

Of course. No one could ever really love Jack. Sigh.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Of course. No one could ever really love Jack. Sigh.

I hope and this is sincere, that the last thing Show does before it dies the impending death that is so obviously looming, is give Jack the love of his life and a sweetheart who adores him in return.

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, boes said:

Well, he does have the physique of a Flaming Hot Cheeto.

Sounds to me like you're insulting Flaming Hot Cheetos...howdareyou!!!  They are amazing :)

• Love 13

SPOILER: Billy's Revenge!

Billy goes to the Prison and tells Lily that Cane & Victoria are having an affair. Lily is devastated. Billy also tells Reed that Victoria is having an affair with Cane Ashby. Reed is furious with his mother and leaves town in disgust.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, spinxella said:

Billy goes to the Prison and tells Lily that Cane & Victoria are having an affair. Lily is devastated. Billy also tells Reed that Victoria is having an affair with Cane Ashby. Reed is furious with his mother and leaves town in disgust.

I hope to god this is wrong. It was one stupid kiss. How'd Billy find out anyhow??

So much for Billy being changed & more mature!!!

IDIOT!  Awww, I don't want to see adorable fluffy Reed leave town. He's so darn cute...like a sweet little puppy.

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 13
7 hours ago, spinxella said:

6 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

I hope to god this is wrong. It was one stupid kiss. How'd Billy find out anyhow??

So much for Billy being changed & more mature!!!

IDIOT!  Awww, I don't want to see adorable fluffy Reed leave town. He's so darn cute...like a sweet little puppy.

THERE'S the ButtBiscuit I know and loathe!  

I so hope Phyllis takes him back, no two assholes deserve each other more.

So much for him giving a rats ass about Victoria or Reed and oh-so-much bullshit about him not being the loathsome tape worm he's gladly become.  If there's a soap god, Noah will return and park on his head again.  And this time, spin the wheels.

Edited by boes
because ButtBiscuit is the worst!
  • Love 17

Boy, Billy puts the butt in Buttbiscuit. A trash bag like him is the last person who should be putting anyone’s “affair” on front street. Maybe he got bored fucking over his real brother, so he decided to dick with his fake one. Not that I care about Cane, mind you, but Billy doesn’t need to do Victoria like that. 

• Love 13

What is even the point of that? And what affair? There has to be a chunk of story missing. Do Cane/Vic actually hook up again? Does Billy see? Why am I even asking? I just need to know when I’m officially free of Mal’s work.

• Love 15

Billy’s Revenge? For what? On whom?

Does Vicki decide to embark on a relationship with Billy? Then she cheats? When does this happen? Does it happen over the span of one week?

Why hurt Reed? The kid just found out his dad used to beat on his mom.

I’m confused.

4 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

Lily doesn't need another thing to worry about while she's locked up in jail. Billy is an ass. 

Exactly. He’s hurting Lily far worse than Cane. Wtf?

• Love 15