Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

All of this. Jack and Phyllis had a LOT of time between Phick and that affair before they were reunited and by JFP standards, it was a surprisingly gradual reunion.

Phyllis needs to give him space.

I don't get why it's so hard to have Billy and Phyllis apologize, realize Jack needs time, and then move forward. This thing that we're doing where Jack is "bad" for not getting over it is such an odd choice.

@miamama Yeah, it may be the script writers. But still. The overall mood of these scenes somehow still make Billy and Phyllis poor little sad victims and it's weird.

• Love 7

All the redemption of ruined characters is being handled like this.

Victor is just suddenly good and reasonable and all his family love him. 

Billy never meant to hurt Jack, and poor Phyllis was abused by him. So I guess that is their redemption.

In other words we are to forget what they did.

Also the bad Jack angle is showing that he's lost emotionally. In other words he can't be seen to be justified because he needs to self destructive. I guess.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

They need to be fired for giving Faith so much screen time.

Better her than ButtBiscuit,  IMO. Or Shrill who exists just to be #TeamVilly these days. 

As I've theorized, I think this is setting up for her teen years and not just for the lulz. And the kid can act circles around all her adult screen partners, so it doesn't bug me. Not like Lame's sugar addict brats or Stupor Girl!Summer, who barely had life in here even before Patty poisoned her.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, miamama said:
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Here's how they should handle it:

Billy on his knees, crying for Jack's forgiveness. He should say that Phyllis was a mistake and he was out of his damn mind and his life is a mess. Jack can still be angry, but Billy shouldn't be forcing his way through the door like a dick. He should accept Jack's anger and say he'll always be there when or if Jack needs him.

Phyllis needs to stop acting like a victim that Jack is torturing. She should tell him that she loves him, but she respects him enough to walk away and let him heal because she is adult enough to understand that this is not the FIRST TIME she's pulled this shit. He can't trust her.

Then Sally can move along with other stories.

Beautiful and quite straightforward. Why can't they do this???? 

Because the writers don't feel the need to avenge Jack's honour?  What's better from their perspective:  conflict between the siblings or one selected viewers satisfying crawl across glass for Billy before Jack forgives him and then... um.... then... ?  This might never be resolved.  It might be a new, long running tension point between the brothers.  Families feud.  Sometimes it's entertaining... 

Now that Mrs. Martinez has mentioned her children...or maybe it was Billy... but does it not seem inevitable they will be introduced?  The cynic in me says a Latino family would be viewed as a demographically positive addition to the show and a potential ratings boost if it takes off.   And heaven knows that demographic can't even be called underrepresented on this show, so it's a good way to add that element.   So with, say, two or three Martinez' and Mrs., apparently Jennifer Foster and Brooks Prentiss, there's a nice canvas of people who aren't too closely related.  This should be good for variety and prevention of genetic mutations.  I'm more and more convinced Dullen was departed simply to take his ginormous salary and hire more and affordable actors.   I'm thinking back in the day when I watched originally there were four Fosters, five Brooks, three Prentiss (four if you count Brooks and then three if you count Brooks once Vanessa did the original high jump), five Williams, Nikki and Casey, Victor (and Julia), La Chancellor and a host of supporting characters (Douglas Austin, the Maestro, Derek Thurston, Suzanne Weston.)  And that's what I recall.  Probably forgot some.   I date this very late seventies... 78?  79?  I remember starting to watch only because of some promos that showed Chancellor (location shoot) staggering along streets after getting out of a mental institution where she'd been placed wrongly because Suzanne was drugging her chocolates to get Derek and Chancellors' money.) 

Edited by Big Blue Plate
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Big Blue Plate said:

What's better from their perspective:  conflict between the siblings or one selected viewers satisfying crawl across glass for Billy before Jack forgives him and then... um.... then... ?  This might never be resolved.  It might be a new, long running tension point between the brothers.  Families feud.  Sometimes it's entertaining... 

That's all well and good to have tension,  but given the months of painting Philly as star crossed lovers, I don't blame fandom for being pissed that Billy and Phyllis are *still* being portrayed--to an exponentially smaller degree, admittedly--as victims in all of this. That's the big, giant elephant in the room that the writers seem to be missing here.

As one poster mentioned regarding Jack and John, that tension played out over nearly a year in which Jack eventually learned to take responsibility for his actions with no prodding from anyone else and without expecting anything in return. 

It's no fun to see a story dragged out when nothing is learned. I've watched Brooke Logan on B&B fuck over  nearly all her female relatives, some more than once, over twenty years and the writers always have her cry her solitary lone tear and bang on about destiny or whatever and have the whole Forrester family read her for filth....and yet, nothing. You'd have thought she'd learn after Hope, but nope.

Billy has had far too many moments between banging Sharon, treating Chloe like shit, treating Victoria like shit, losing Delia without a minute's reflection about how he treated her mother in the beginning, cheating on Victoria with Smelly Horse and now this trash bullshit with sister-in-law #2 for him to be this pompous and overbearing. If Jack never forgave him, I could live with it. I know that won't happen, but he need not make it easy for him.

And Phyllis? As someone else said, this ain't her first rodeo either. Far from it. And new recast or not, she's got plenty of shit that she managed to skate on and never learns, so fuck her, too. "Victim" my ass.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 12

Anna, all excellent points.  You are 100% right.  I'd forgotten about Phyllis because I so like the character as she's now played by GT.  I found MS's approach so tiresome I'd be all ButtBiscuit about Phyllis if MS was still playing the part.  Because you know her self awareness would be limited to sucking in her lower lip and a muttered, yeah, yeah, yeah, my bad.  Let's game! 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Have there been in spoilers/rumors from legit sites that Dullen is being killed off?

From The Inquisitr.:

There is a small chance he will be killed off. However, it isn’t likely. New Y&R writer Sally Sassman said that she wants the show to “be more realistic.” Her comment seems to imply they won’t kill characters off, only to have them return months later. Young and the Restless confirmed that the role of Dylan McAvoy would be recast “at some point.” It looks like he will either leave Genoa City on his own or turn up missing.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Young and the Restless confirmed that the role of Dylan McAvoy would be recast “at some point.”

I'm about to react.

Name five valid reasons why this character needs to be recast. You can't because there are none. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm about to react.

Name five valid reasons why this character needs to be recast. You can't because there are none. 

It could be misdirection? I mean, I really hope it is, because I agree that apart from being one of the rare truly white hat characters  (the pettiness this last week notwithstanding), Dylan adds nothing of value to the show. 

OTOH, one can interpret the comment to mean that she won't just kill off every character that she personally has no use for the way MAB was infamous for..even one whose addition was wholly unnecessary.

• Love 6
On 12/22/2016 at 10:52 AM, miamama said:

Victor
Victor is looking for a new passion to pursue. Nikki and Victor will take on new roles in their family and their "empty nest" will be filled.

Victor is going get pet snakes to match their owner's personality. 

Edited by babyhouseman
Repeated words.
  • Love 10

Yeah, I wouldn't mind leaving Dylan on at this point as a supporting character but apparently SB won't take a paycheck that's more fitting to his . He's just a non-presence to me.

I'd bring back Chance and Ronen, re-cast or not.

I caught that pointed reference to Mrs. Martinez's children and also thought they were laying the groundwork for new Latin characters. Not a bad idea.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Has there ever been Latino characters on this show? 

John Silva, the attorney, played by John Castellanos.  He was in that clip someone (sorry, forgot who) posted about when Cassandra got Brad to go on a ski trip to trick him into marrying her.  Seeing John again reminded me of how good looking he was.

• Love 5

John Silva even dated Nina for a while.  Rafe's aunt was the housekeeper at the ranch, but I can't remember her name.  

Also, Sabrina, Raul and, more importantly, Raul's muy caliente brother Diego.  (Diego was played by two actors...both were hot, but the second was sizzlelicious.)  

The most recent have been Marisa, Luca, Marco, and muy caliente El Capitán.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Also, Sabrina, Raul and, more importantly, Raul's muy caliente brother Diego.  (Diego was played by two actors...both were hot, but the second was sizzlelicious.)  

Yes. Greg Vaughan was the second Diego. He's on Queen Sugar now and he's so handsome, it's ridiculous. 

• Love 5

Nick and Chelsea are on the cover of CBS SID with a teaser along the lines of "Will There Be A Kiss at Midnight?"  Uhh, have the editors met these two?  Chelsea's egg will be fertilized within the first four minutes of 2017.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Nick and Chelsea are on the cover of CBS SID with a teaser along the lines of "Will There Be A Kiss at Midnight?"  Uhh, have the editors met these two?  Chelsea's egg will be fertilized within the first four minutes of 2017.

Are you kidding. she'll be 9 mts gone in weeks - the first in-utero Soras

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

Dick/Chelsea is just going to prolong the inevitable 200th Dick/Lithium reunion. They need to hurry this reunion up so I can hit the FF button.

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 5:26 PM, LeftPhalange said:

I'm about to react.

I agree with you. The operative word in that PR piece is "...Y&R 'plans' to recast the role at some point". Who knows? Plans have been known to change. The show made a similar comment in the negative (i.e., that there were "no plans" to recast) when JH bounced. I'd lay odds on Adam being recast before they hurry up and recast Dylan. I hope so. First off, the character of Adam was more vital in the overall scheme of things than St. Dylan of The Crimson Lights/Marshal Dylan to the GCPD. And what do you bet they'd probably cast someone like Cameron Mathison to play the guy? It'd fit him like a glove since he's got more treacle than Mary Berry.

• Love 5

Actually, I just re-read that quote Peacheslatour provided and I realize I was wrong. So, to re-phrase, the operative words are "at some point", which implies nothing as to actual timing, and they might just never get around to it. For instance, if there's no groundswell clamoring for the character's return, or no glaring hole they need to plug for plot purposes, they may just keep on putting it off until.... ... never. OTOH, they've got some really big anvils floating above Genoa City involving Adam and his "killer/not killer", his own father being said "killer's" co-conspirator (in effect), and his baby being alive while his widow is being slowly pursued by his half-brother while he raises his brother's child. These are all dangling loose ends or ticking time bombs. The most egregious of these is, of course, Chloe. She will never, never, ever be a viable character with what the majority of viewers believe she did until that entire mess is revisited and addressed. There needs to be some kind of resolution one way or the other. Recasting Dylan is a non-essential agenda item IMO. SSM (or is it just SS now?) really wrapped up the Sully/Christian thing and just turned both Dylan and Sharon into blubbering mopes. Sharon's been one for a few years on now, so there's no effective change there. Dylan arrived in Genoa City a mope and leaves it the same way he came in as far as I'm concerned. She could have Dylan send Sharon a "Dear Joan" letter to break the news that he and Avery reconnected, reconciled and are now expecting, and BTW, Shar, I'll be needing that divorce now. Thanks. Have a nice life. The End. Sharon will open the letter and remember that its sender is someone she just about completely forgot about.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wonder if Scotty will actually get a story or if he'll just walk around town talking to people for three months until SSA figures out what to do with him.

*snerk*

Still, he's easy on the eyes, so as long as he's walking around town top less, I won't be mad. :)

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, pearlite said:

Wasn't Scotty supposed to be at OISE [Teacher's College] or something in Toronto?

6 hours ago, PatsyandEddie said:

IIRC, Scotty is a doctor in Toronto. :D

I think he was a writer/teacher.  Wasn't he collaborating on a book with Sheila?

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

*snerk*

Still, he's easy on the eyes, so as long as he's walking around town top less, I won't be mad. :)

Since it's a Wisconsin winter, his town attire should be board shorts, flip flops, shades and a doobie.

• Love 11