Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

I don't know much about him at all or what he's responsible for. I just meant that it would appear that bringing in an outsider, in general, could mean that they don't want to keep going to the same incestuous pool.  So that could be positive.  ??

Oh yeah, I agree. And he may be fine. It's not like he has power yet. Maybe he's in charge of sex scene promotion. Lol. 

I just feel like respecting history is key for this show, so I'm hoping a Bill Bell writer, even to consult, would be nice.

• Love 4

Isn't MTS' husband named Ed Scott, and they met on YR back in the day?  He's at B&B now, but he's not an EP.  Maybe he's due for a promotion?

(As an aside, I have to admit that I don't really understand most of the various titles and the duties associated with them, nor the hierarchal structure of tv shows...everything I do know, I learned from you guys!)

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

Isn't MTS' husband named Ed Scott, and they met on YR back in the day?  He's at B&B now, but he's not an EP.  Maybe he's due for a promotion?

(As an aside, I have to admit that I don't really understand most of the various titles and the duties associated with them, nor the hierarchal structure of tv shows...everything I do know, I learned from you guys!)

i thought ed scott was ep at bold and beautiful.....

i also thought he was a good ep at y&r and when he left, the show went downhill.

• Love 6

So apparently next week Phyllis runs to Billy's "mansion" to tell him she couldn't confess the affair to Jack. Billy is "disappointed." They end up having sex but then are consumed with guilt. And then they hear Jack downstairs calling Billy.

I got this from Jcren's site (the spoiler is from SOD I think or SID).

So NOW they are consumed with guilt? Or rather Billy is suddenly guilty? FFS. And why does he need Phyllis to confess to Jack? He's HIS BROTHER. Why can't he tell him he's fucking his wife and she's the greatest love he's ever known?

This fucking story. What scares me is this won't be it. They're two weeks from sweeps at the end of next week. Billy will run down and say "Oh, Bethany is upstairs; don't interrupt my nookie" and Jack will leave and we'll have more weeks of the two liars feeling bad and eating up screen time.

This is putting a damper on my JFP revelling. But still not totally ruining my mood. Tee hee.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah, I'll believe the guilt when I see it on-screen.

And Billy continues to be a POS, wanting Phyllis ALONE to confess to Jack? And say what!? I don't even know what she's confessing? That she slept with him and that it was a mistake? Or that she's in love with Billy now and oops? Did she bring divorce papers? Like, THIS is why I'm focused on the WRITING and not the actors. I don't understand character motivations or this story as a whole. All I know is Jack is made to be a fool and it's not interesting to watch a dumb person.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Yeah, I'll believe the guilt when I see it on-screen.

And Billy continues to be a POS, wanting Phyllis ALONE to confess to Jack? And say what!? I don't even know what she's confessing? That she slept with him and that it was a mistake? Or that she's in love with Billy now and oops? Did she bring divorce papers? Like, THIS is why I'm focused on the WRITING and not the actors. I don't understand character motivations or this story as a whole. All I know is Jack is made to be a fool and it's not interesting to watch a dumb person.

Oh yes the writing has far exceeded the acting in being the problem here. No acting could save this absolute trash. None. Zero.

GT says "Phyllis has a deep love and respect for Jack, but Billy has awoken something in her." And she says other shit that is too stupid to remember. But she doesn't say LOVE because that would end this stupidity. Say you're in love and move it along. FREE JACK TO HAVE A BRAIN AGAIN.

Rather than being uninterested, I feel like I'm watching two skinheads (Philly) kicking the shit out of a dumb and deaf and disabled person of colour (Jack) and then saying they feel sad but continuing to do it. It's indefensible and really really ugly to watch.

• Love 4

Oh, gotta add. Phyllis's car won't be in the driveway for Jack to see. She apparently transported like on Star Trek.

They only have cars when they're going to crash.

The stupid hurts.

• Love 10

So much less interesting than real life but here you go:

SOD

6/13, Lily uses Ashley to take down Hilary

6/14, Victor is backed into a corner; Victoria confronts Travis about his past

6/15, Chelsea forces Adam to tell the truth

6/16, A plan to break up Summer and Luca backfires

6/17, Ashley warns Hilary to stay away from Jack

• Love 4

GT says "Phyllis has a deep love and respect for Jack, but Billy has awoken something in her." And she says other shit that is too stupid to remember. But she doesn't say LOVE because that would end this stupidity.

And, again, this is where the writers have failed. Billy has awoken what in her? Revenge against Victor? Ooh, that's romantic.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And, again, this is where the writers have failed. Billy has awoken what in her? Revenge against Victor? Ooh, that's romantic.

Whatever it is, you'd think there'd be a course of antibiotics for it.

And an anti-itch cream.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 17
7 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

The writers have completely failed. I cannot fathom how GT tells herself to play this. Which is why she keeps making bizarre statements about Phyllis being "drawn" to Billy. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if she came up with the "awoken" phrasing. What else is it? Pratt has said basically she was a bored wife and Billy and his new motorcycle have ignited her old fiery personality. (Who knew skinny losers are exciting?) Which is a load of bullshit because she never lost it.  She awoke from her coma to carry out a revenge plot against Sharon. Then a matter of weeks later--after a psychological war with Kelly that involved fucking with Kelly AND Jack -- Jack was kidnapped. The only time she was a so-called Stepford Wife was when she was with Marco -- who she thought was Jack acting weird -- and she supported everything he said and did (in other words, Pratt plot writing). Seems more than insane to then fuck around on the guy was kidnapped. Yes, spectacular writing.

The bad writing does not absolve the actors completely IMO. All the writing is shit on this show. But JT is in a class by himself (among those with leading story) with his one-note acting. BJ, when he played Billy, was nasty to Jack on a number of occasions but I saw kindness and love in those scenes from Billy to Jack. I see nothing but deep contempt and loathing for Jack every time Billy appears. And with Ashley he is a petulant asshole. I expect we'll see one note sad and pathetic when he "feels" guilty. He sucks balls as an actor and that only makes this story beyond unbearable.

• Love 10

I see nothing but deep contempt and loathing for Jack every time Billy appears.

And I see nothing in the dialogue that shows me that JT should be playing it any other way.  We just gotta agree to disagree about JT, lol. I completely understand your POV and those who just don't like him in the role. I've just been a fan of his for like, 10 years and I DO think he's a good actor. I think he's basically playing an impossible character who legit changes POV in every episode at the moment.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And I see nothing in the dialogue that shows me that JT should be playing it any other way.  We just gotta agree to disagree about JT, lol. I completely understand your POV and those who just don't like him in the role. I've just been a fan of his for like, 10 years and I DO think he's a good actor. I think he's basically playing an impossible character who legit changes POV in every episode at the moment.

Sure, yes. I kind of got that already. ;) We disagree on JT. That's cool. Good to know shit writing bonds all viewers though. Ha!

I just hope fervently that this fail of a storyline is relegated to the same place where memories of Shictor and Brad as Nazi Hunter and Keemo the Disaffected Abbott Son from Saigon live. And fast.

Bad ideas badly executed. Gah.

#HackWriting

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, miamama said:

Sure, yes. I kind of got that already. ;) We disagree on JT. That's cool. Good to know shit writing bonds all viewers though. Ha!

I just hope fervently that this fail of a storyline is relegated to the same place where memories of Shictor and Brad as Nazi Hunter and Keemo the Disaffected Abbott Son from Saigon live. And fast.

Bad ideas badly executed. Gah.

#HackWriting

I'm hoping someone on the writing staff realizes that Billy and Phyllis need to start feeling actual REMORSE about what they're doing to Jack for the story to have any emotional punch or repercussions, as well as any hope for future forgiveness. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm hoping someone on the writing staff realizes that Billy and Phyllis need to start feeling actual REMORSE about what they're doing to Jack for the story to have any emotional punch or repercussions, as well as any hope for future forgiveness. 

I think that's what is coming - hence the "consumed with guilt" stuff in spoilers. The last time they made out Billy planned a lunch date for Phyllis  and was shocked and saddened she declined because Jack. 

The sudden guilt tells me the reveal happens soon. Pratt gives characters emotions only for plot purposes. They'll be wringing their hands and crying over Jack's hurt henceforth. We will be expected to forget the cheating went on for MONTHS. 

Whatever. As long as it moves to a conclusion that involves Jack knowing.

#freeJackNOW

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, miamama said:

I think that's what is coming - hence the "consumed with guilt" stuff in spoilers. The last time they made out Billy planned a lunch date for Phyllis  and was shocked and saddened she declined because Jack. 

The sudden guilt tells me the reveal happens soon. Pratt gives characters emotions only for plot purposes. They'll be wringing their hands and crying over Jack's hurt henceforth. We will be expected to forget the cheating went on for MONTHS. 

Whatever. As long as it moves to a conclusion that involves Jack knowing.

#freeJackNOW

And they SHOULD be crying over Jack's pain. He has done NOTHING to deserve this kind of treatment. If the writers wanted Jack to be the one to blame, they should have written it better. Make him an asshole. Make him a shithead to Billy. Have him flirt with Hilary in front of Phyllis. Would I have bought it? No, lol. But it would at least make Philly's behavior make a bit more sense. 

Ugh, I can't wait till this story comes to a conclusion. I'm sick of talking about it.

• Love 6

JFC. This is off the charts crap. So in the promo they show dreams (Sharon's of Sage and Phyllis's of her telling Jack). Fuck off show. 

I'm at the point where I'd rather they take a four week hiatus until the new regime's material can fully take over. Scrap all of this. 

• Love 9

The psycho kid s/l not looking so bad now, is it? I sure liked it better than all this doweloveeachother/what aboutjack/fuckjack/idon'tloveyou/idoloveyou/wewenttoofar/whataboutjack/screwjack ad nauseum.

If that scene between Jack and Phyllis and the TRUTH had been real and not a dream, I could forgive. But Imma have to take another break. Fuck it.

• Love 6

I saw the magazine. 

The Sharon thing all happens on Monday, where she dreams Sage and wants to confess because Sage can't rest in peace. But Mariah stops her.

Billy/Phyllis have sex in the foyer (again) then Jack shows up knocking on the door. They don't mention walking in, so I'm guessing he won't. 

• Love 2
(edited)
19 hours ago, miamama said:

JFC. This is off the charts crap. So in the promo they show dreams (Sharon's of Sage and Phyllis's of her telling Jack). Fuck off show. 

I'm at the point where I'd rather they take a four week hiatus until the new regime's material can fully take over. Scrap all of this. 

That's actually a great idea.  Show classic episodes in the meantime.  And I mean "real" classic episodes, not episodes from last November.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 9
On June 10, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Snaporaz said:

That's actually a great idea.  Show classic episodes in the meantime.  And I mean "real" classic episodes, not episodes from last November.

I agree. I bet if they promoted it they would score really high ratings. 

• Love 6

SOD

6/20, Someone crashes Phyllis and Billy's romantic getaway.

6/21, Devon sees Hilary in a new light.

6/22, Adam and Chelsea worry about their future.

6/23, Paul comforts Nikki; Summer questions Luca's loyalty.

6/24, Victor recruits a new partner in crime; Kevin makes a shocking discovery.

(credit jcren on twitter)

Also this:

But but but but what about the love of your life PHYLLIS??????? #ass

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

This show is doing this shit for laughs. They are stringing along Villy fans for sport. 

Yes, Villy fans. But I think they are stringing everyone along. If you lurve Philly, this is great but maddening too -- why not have Phyllis and or Billy tell Jack and let their couple be free and happy and openly in love? As long as they don't tell him, there is always the question of "are they really in love?" Phyllis hasn't "said ILY" yet to Billy or anyone about him but she is also not behaving as though she loves Jack, despite telling him she does. And Victoria is constantly being mentioned or dropping in on Billy and they have "moments," despite each saying they are done. Vicki has a guy but it's sketchy. Jack is being pushed with Hilary, clearly. But she's "playing him" according to everyone.

They are not dropping Villy OR Phack OR Philly. And the writing keeps flipping and flopping. 

It's just annoying. But we are all strung along. Not only shippers. I am strung along to see Jack find out. That is the biggest draw IMO -- which is why my best guess is they hold off on that until sweeps. 

• Love 7

Oh, for sure. Everyone is being screwed over in a way. That specific spoiler and my reaction to it just coincided with tweets from AH/JT I saw the other day. They were both telling Villy fans, "It's not over!" I kinda hate when actors do that, it's a pet peeve of mine.

• Love 3

I'm hoping someone on the writing staff realizes that Billy and Phyllis need to start feeling actual REMORSE about what they're doing to Jack for the story to have any emotional punch or repercussions, as well as any hope for future forgiveness

Oh not me.. not yet.. I want more Philly.

All I know is Jack is made to be a fool and it's not interesting to watch a dumb person.

Edited June 8 by HeatLifer.

exactly..  jack is a boring old fool.. I sure don't want to watch that.. and Jack and that damn biting lip.. he needs to stop already.

If you lurve Philly, this is great but maddening too -- why not have Phyllis and or Billy tell Jack and let their couple be free and happy and openly in love? As long as they don't tell him, there is always the question of "are they really in love?" Phyllis hasn't "said ILY" 

Not maddening for me at all.. I love them together.. and I don't care if they ever come clean.. they could have an affair for years without telling anyone.. and who cares about love.. love shmove..

39 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Who cares about love? Probably 95% of the people who opt to turn on a soap opera, a genre defined by romance, five days a week. 

Yeah, the reason affairs were hugely entertaining on soaps for SOOOO long is not just the thrill of watching the cheaters (because no question it's riveting to watch illicit behaviour when you are not at risk of being hurt) but seeing them CAUGHT and PUNISHED and seeing the victim VINDICATED (by--at the very least--lashing out in big dramatic scenes). If there is no underlying moral compass, stories fall flat. That is a truth as old as stories, all story (not just soaps).

See: myths and fairy tales.

• Love 8

Who cares about love? Probably 95% of the people who opt to turn on a soap opera, a genre defined by romance, five days a week. 

years ago maybe.. but soaps changed well over a decade ago.. love is a joke on the soaps now..

• Love 1

Soaps probably have changed and not for the better. I am allergic to sentimentality and have an admittedly low tolerance for gushy romance. Still, I don't want to watch an hour of dysfunctional trash acting like hot garbage and having sad, desperate sex. There's plenty of that on TV, and most of it is written better than anything Pratt has upchucked on a script. We get all kinds of shade, but where's the light to balance it out? I'm watching Y&R for pure escapism, yet I want to escape from Y&R instead.

-Victor is in jail for very serious crimes, yet he's getting his knob polished by a brainwashed ninny in between exploiting an unstable woman in order to dick over his youngest son and slow motion beatdowns of younger, fitter inmates. There is not one micro-sliver of this story that isn't gross. 

-Billy tries to murder Adam, which enables Adam to blackmail Jack into helping him get settled in Genoa City. Billy blows a half-billion dollars of Jabot money out his sanctimonious ass and then balls his sister-in-law for good measure. He wishes Jack was back on Smelly Horse Island being tortured, because something, something, Jack's not a real man. Real men have bookies chasing them and pull up a woman's skirt while sneering about the married lady they'll be imagining while borrowing strange vagina. Phyllis is married to a decent man but would prefer to coddle an infantile pig who needs his every boom-boom praised to the high heavens or he'll smear the contents of his stinky diaper on the walls. Again, gross and insulting in every way. 

I don't need some damn frilly Harlequin romance, but I need better than this. Luca and Summer? Revolting, and he's using her. Sharon and Dylan? Could be normal, but there's all the lying lies. Travis and Victoria? Not awful, but Pratt wants us to believe Vic fucking a bartender reflects badly on her, which...no. Devon and Hillary? That's going nowhere but straight to hell. Chelz and Adam? As normal as this show gets, which makes me fucking sad. 

• Love 14
19 hours ago, miamama said:

SOD

6/20, Someone crashes Phyllis and Billy's romantic getaway.

6/21, Devon sees Hilary in a new light.

6/22, Adam and Chelsea worry about their future.

6/23, Paul comforts Nikki; Summer questions Luca's loyalty.

6/24, Victor recruits a new partner in crime; Kevin makes a shocking discovery.

(credit jcren on twitter)

Also this:

But but but but what about the love of your life PHYLLIS??????? #ass

Yea Phyllis is the love of Billy's life like she was the love of Nick's life does this pitiful woman never learn

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Soaps probably have changed and not for the better. I am allergic to sentimentality and have an admittedly low tolerance for gushy romance. Still, I don't want to watch an hour of dysfunctional trash acting like hot garbage and having sad, desperate sex. There's plenty of that on TV, and most of it is written better than anything Pratt has upchucked on a script. We get all kinds of shade, but where's the light to balance it out? I'm watching Y&R for pure escapism, yet I want to escape from Y&R instead.

-Victor is in jail for very serious crimes, yet he's getting his knob polished by a brainwashed ninny in between exploiting an unstable woman in order to dick over his youngest son and slow motion beatdowns of younger, fitter inmates. There is not one micro-sliver of this story that isn't gross. 

-Billy tries to murder Adam, which enables Adam to blackmail Jack into helping him get settled in Genoa City. Billy blows a half-billion dollars of Jabot money out his sanctimonious ass and then balls his sister-in-law for good measure. He wishes Jack was back on Smelly Horse Island being tortured, because something, something, Jack's not a real man. Real men have bookies chasing them and pull up a woman's skirt while sneering about the married lady they'll be imagining while borrowing strange vagina. Phyllis is married to a decent man but would prefer to coddle an infantile pig who needs his every boom-boom praised to the high heavens or he'll smear the contents of his stinky diaper on the walls. Again, gross and insulting in every way. 

I don't need some damn frilly Harlequin romance, but I need better than this. Luca and Summer? Revolting, and he's using her. Sharon and Dylan? Could be normal, but there's all the lying lies. Travis and Victoria? Not awful, but Pratt wants us to believe Vic fucking a bartender reflects badly on her, which...no. Devon and Hillary? That's going nowhere but straight to hell. Chelz and Adam? As normal as this show gets, which makes me fucking sad. 

It's so true. Y&R is a source of stress in my life. It's also awesome because of this board ONLY. But it's everything Ninja says and it makes sad, too. I peeked on Twitter just now and Philly are in a Harlequin romance of cheesy dreck. No. Harlequin is better. It delivers what it advertises. I can't with cheating if it's presented like this. It actually sickens me. I am now FFing just about the entire show. I can't read fully through recaps because stories are so insultingly stupid and offensive. I don't even know what's up with Victor or Adam and that journal shit. 

#trash

• Love 7

It could be Katie but I got the impression from the way AH joked that she already worked with the little girl and she was a handful (in a cute way). This little girl starts work tomorrow. My guess is more on Chloe especially with all the Chloe mentions lately. The fact she probably Victor's minion and Kevin is about to kick off his mystery next week per SOD. All seems fitting it is about Chloe and her kid coming home. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, crosby777 said:

years ago maybe.. but soaps changed well over a decade ago.. love is a joke on the soaps now..

and here I thought it was just me growing old and cynical.  I agree about the changes-not just for love, but all the relationships.  There are no continuing relationships.  Remember when Nick and Michael were brodads taking the kids to the Pumpkin Patch? They are practically strangers when they meet now.  Phyliss and Lauren told each other everything but where was that relationship after the coma return?  Sharon was almost a friend to Hillary, Chelz, Lily (?) but no one seems to be there for her now.  I realize its the plot driven writing that dredges up any old friendship when it's convenient, but come. on.  This is a days-in-the-life type show and the characters are supposed to know each other and interact accordingly.

• Love 4