Type keyword(s) to search

Rotting Y&R: The Spoiler Thread

• Start Topic

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 10:46 AM, crosby777 said:

years ago maybe.. but soaps changed well over a decade ago.. love is a joke on the soaps now..

Tv has changed, but basic story structure hasn't. When I want to see assholes be assholes for no reason, I can watch Archer or It's Always Sunny in Philadephia. But even there, things makes sense within the universe.

I miss the old days where there were more white hats and black hats on soaps. When a good girl did go "bad," like Jill Foster, it was a long time in the making. The biggest thing is that it was all entertaining throughout because I care about them as characters.  I don't care about anything today, beyond the history of the show being eroded.

• Love 10

Neil's sorry kidnapping ass about to be outed. And Victor is plotting with Chloe (looks like) to nail Adam. And the most shocking news of all: NO PHILLY IN THE PROMO!!!!!

• Love 5
(edited)

If I can get a few days with Jack and no Philly....that's too good to be true.

Also, LOL @ Pratt's quotes on Billy meeting Travis in one of the soap mags. He basically says Billy pretends to be indifferent but he's jealous. The stupidity continues...

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

This may be because of my uncommon PB love but just having him in the Winters story gives them new life. They are in SUCH a bubble it's bananas. It'll be great to have Hilary and Jack becoming close friends or fucking or WHATEVER. 

Yes, the spoiler about Travis and Billy. RME. And I expect Phyllis to be less than pleased by HiJack's growing closeness. 

I think Pratt is trying for a French farce. He's managing a farce.

• Love 9
(edited)
3 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'll take Jack in scenes with anyone other than Billy/Phyllis. If he never has to share scenes with them again, I'd be just fine. It's a waste of the character and the actor.

Right? What is causing me such anger and disgust is that every thing those two do in their little LOVE BUBBLE is a direct slap in the face to Jack. Every caress, every sweet word, every kiss, every fuck. That's why it's so HORRIFIC. They are both betraying him but they are presenting it as a sweet love story.

If Jack weren't being cheated on, Philly would just be cheesy and boring and their six fans could continue to get off on their manufactured hotness. I wouldn't care.

But by keeping Jack shackled...ugh

#freeJackForever

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

Right? What is causing me such anger and disgust is that every thing those two do in their little LOVE BUBBLE is a direct slap in the face to Jack. Every caress, every sweet word, every kiss, every fuck. That's why it's so HORRIFIC. They are both betraying him but they are presenting it as a sweet love story.

YES. That last sentence deserves a *slow clap* Because that's exactly it. Philly are being shown as this fairytale love story instead of the betrayal of a wife and brother. I'm never gonna be OK with that angle. Maybe it would work if Jack were introduced to the canvas last week. Doing this to a longtime vet character and not allowing for HIS vindication? Nope.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Is that Travis punching someone? Oh please be Billy,please be Billy,please be Billy..............

Don't mean to shatter your hopes, but it looks like The Oily Type Babaloo.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

The Babaloo could use a good punching. The only fist I want in Billy's face is Jack's.

If he got to punch Nick for Phick, he should get to beat that scrawny scarecrow to a pulp for what he's doing.

A good writer could write a scene of Jack becoming very close to violent with Phyllis as well when he finds out. PB could handle the tone perfectly, and it would make sense -- especially considering he believes he killed Kelly. Oh, that would be a powerful scene.

• Love 8

miamama, i have seen pb jack get his righteous anger on and it is truly something wonderful to behold.

of course, that was with better writers but i would probably record and watch it over and over an then over again.

pb is truly a magnificent actor, professional as all get out and he does not deserve this treatment he's getting from pratthole.  actually, none of our fine vets deserve this treatment.  pratthole is just showing his disdain for the gendre i guess cause he would really much rather be in  prime time.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Hey, writers, Billy is trash. We get it. Can we at least progress him to a semi-human stage?

Not one week, not one FUCKING week without this fucking goddamned Philly mess since OCTOBER. I can't take it any more. Can they just take a break if they are never going to end it????? Have some mercy on the viewers FFS.

• Love 10

Phyllis forgets Jack's birthday but covers it up by pretending she had planned a romantic getaway at the Abbott cabin. GT says Phyllis' state of mind is all over the place and it is starting to show in her behavior. It breaks her heart that she feels torn and this is what keep her from exposing the truth to Jack. 

Once they arrive at the cabin they learn of Adam's trial. Jack wants to go back to town but Phyllis decides to stay behind. Phyllis needs time to get her mind clear. The guilt is so heavy. Jack stops by the GCAC and runs into Billy. He explains Phyllis is back at the cabin. Billy then shows up and this upsets Phyllis but they are both overwhelmed by their connection.

From Jcren's site. (SOD).

I just can't with this fucking connection. And she is torn? She is torn between an ASSHOLE and the man who was until a few weeks ago the love of her life? Oh my god show FREE JACK. I REFUSE TO WATCH THIS SHIT UNTIL YOU DO.

• Love 12
(edited)

LOL @ GT/the writers/etc still trying to sell that Phyllis gives a crap about Jack. All I see on-screen is a woman who doesn't want to get caught. It's not even TORN being portrayed. It's Phyllis wanting to be with Billy but OOPS, she's married to his brother! What should she do!?!?

I'm CRYING that they fuck on Jack's birthday. And I'm supposed to root for them??? C-R-Y-I-N-G. Jack has to walk in and see them in the cabin, right? The show wouldn't pass up that opportunity merely to drag it out, would they?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4
(edited)

Oh I know. What the fuck is she TALKING about "torn????" You are FAILING to convey it, Gina. Failing badly.

She forgot his birthday? It's on fucking July the 4th. It's not exactly an easy birthday to forget.

He has to catch them. He has to. They are putting up the cabin set -- they need a good reason to do so. And unlike the House of Horrors formerly known as the Chancellor Estate, Jack wouldn't knock. He would just walk in thinking his wife was waiting for him on his birthday.

Please soap gods, I am on my knees. Please let it end on Jack and America's birthday. Please. 

It's positively poetic. Jack will see them in the cabin -- the one where he and Phyllis were reborn via his detox -- on his birthday.

He'll be destroyed. And I'm glad. Because I want him to kick them to the CURB yesterday. Let her be torn with Billy. 

Edited by miamama
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, miamama said:

Oh I know. What the fuck is she TALKING about "torn????" You are FAILING to convey it, Gina. Failing badly.

She forgot his birthday? It's on fucking July the 4th. It's not exactly an easy birthday to forget.

He has to catch them. He has to. They are putting up the cabin set -- they need a good reason to do so. And unlike the House of Horrors formerly known as the Chancellor Estate, Jack wouldn't knock. He would just walk in thinking his wife was waiting for him on his birthday.

Please soap gods, I am on my knees. Please let it end on Jack and America's birthday. Please. 

I will forever appreciate Gina, especially nostalgically, but, yeah, she's not portraying "Phyllis torn" or "Phyllis in love with Jack." She's portraying "Phyllis wants to screw Billy but doesn't want to be seen as the town lying liar."

I hope Jack walks in mid-screw. I'm gonna need him to see it all so I have reason to believe he'll be free of Philly after the aftermath. At least for a year or two.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I will forever appreciate Gina, especially nostalgically, but, yeah, she's not portraying "Phyllis torn" or "Phyllis in love with Jack." She's portraying "Phyllis wants to screw Billy but doesn't want to be seen as the town lying liar."

I hope Jack walks in mid-screw. I'm gonna need him to see it all so I have reason to believe he'll be free of Philly after the aftermath. At least for a year or two.

I need it so bad I can't watch it any more if it doesn't happen. Not even clips (as I'm doing now). She is, as you say, coming across as a woman trapped in a marriage to someone she likes but absolutely does not want while fucking his brother and dreaming about fucking his brother every chance she gets.

I can't watch that. Not any more.

It's very soapy. It's the kind of launch sweeps event that would be good. PB playing Jack seeing THAT in a place that means THAT much to him and Phack. It will NOT make up for the dreck we've watched. But it will be worth watching. 

Philly ad nauseam. Nope.

• Love 8
(edited)

Jack seeing THAT in a place that means THAT much to him and Phack.

Isn't the Abbott Cabin the place where Phyllis helped jack to detox when he was addicted to pills and alcohol? When he catches them (there better be no IF) I hope he picks up a bottle of scotch, takes a giant swig and spits the whole mouthful in Phyllis' lying face.

Edited by peacheslatour
words
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Isn't the Abbott Cabin the place where Phyllis helped jack to detox when he was addicted to pills and alcohol? When he catches them (there better be no IF) I hope he picks up a bottle of scotch and spits the whole mouthful in Phyllis' lying face.

Yes. It IS. That's why it will be YET ANOTHER LEVEL of disgusting betrayal.

And yeah spitting Scotch in her face. Nice. :)

• Love 5
(edited)

This show just better give Jack his own POV on this. I'm so tired of watching Billy, especially, get scenes on his OWN just sitting and thinking and acting sociopathic over Phyllis. It's all about him. The CHEATER. Everything takes place in his home, too. Just...wtf.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, miamama said:

Yes. It IS. That's why it will be YET ANOTHER LEVEL of disgusting betrayal.

And yeah spitting Scotch in her face. Nice. :)

Well, it's not like taking the high road has ever gotten Jack anywhere. :)

• Love 5

Yes, it's time for the story to shift. It has to. Phyllis will focus on Jack because he'll KNOW she's a cheating lying pig. (If Philly STILL don't mention Jack after he finds out. lol.) Billy will be all I LOVE MY BROTHER. Just watch. But, as you say, please no more scenes of his sadness. And if they want to be publicly in love, have at it. I'm sure Ashley will respond really well to that. ;)

They have set up Hilary today as well. She and Devon are split and HiJack had a bonding scene of him being there for her (The Bannanacap is very funny btw). So I am thinking more and more this might finally be The Reveal. Everything is set up.

Jack'll react however they have him react at the cabin and he'll go straight to Hilary for comfort. And he will be FREE.

It's funny. I'm not even looking forward to him ripping Phyllis and Billy. They aren't worth it. I just want him free of Philly.

Dammit. What if they don't reveal it next week? They could be THAT stupid. It is possible.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, miamama said:

Yes, it's time for the story to shift. It has to. Phyllis will focus on Jack because he'll KNOW she's a cheating lying pig. (If Philly STILL don't mention Jack after he finds out. lol.) Billy will be all I LOVE MY BROTHER. Just watch. But, as you say, please no more scenes of his sadness. And if they want to be publicly in love, have at it. I'm sure Ashley will respond really well to that. ;)

They have set up Hilary today as well. She and Devon are split and HiJack had a bonding scene of him being there for her (The Bannanacap is very funny btw). So I am thinking more and more this might finally be The Reveal. Everything is set up.

Jack'll react however they have him react at the cabin and he'll go straight to Hilary for comfort. And he will be FREE.

It's funny. I'm not even looking forward to him ripping Phyllis and Billy. They aren't worth it. I just want him free of Philly.

Dammit. What if they don't reveal it next week? They could be THAT stupid. It is possible.

This woman torn between brothers is similar to the GH abomination that was Niz (Nik and Liz).  Liz/BH is my favorite but I hated how she did mostly what Phyllis is doing to Jack.  Liz couldn't stay off of Nik peepee while engaged to Lucky.  Now, I hate Lucky with a purple passion and have zero use for Nik.  So it was hell watching Liz get drug through the mud by the writers to prop up Lucky.  Lucky got to say disgusting things when he found out the truth and was roundly applauded for it.  I hated it, because it was so slanted against Liz.  Guza sucked for it.

All that to say, this time around, I'm in Jack(Lucky's) corner and hope he gets to do a speech on Philly that Lucky did on Niz.  I don't like it for Phyllis somewhat because I like GT's portrayal.  But the character has it coming.  

Strange to see the shoe on the other foot, for me.  

• Love 6

I was thinking of the perspective issue just now. I read a comment on the SOC board from a person who appears to have been cheated on in real life. Then this poster added he/she has watched soap affairs for 30 years, but for some reason this affair makes him/her sick.

I agree. And it occurs to me it's because of the perspective. When I watch Philly I feel as though I am watching two people cheating on ME. That I have been given this horrifying front-row seat that I do not want. My sympathies are with Jack, not only because I like Jack. But because show has made him sympathetic. He's loving and loyal and honest and devoted (to BOTH of them). Phack and Jack/Billy are two relationships that are decades old. They have been developed organically over many years.

Yet the entire storyline has been told from Billy and Phyllis's perspective. Especially Billy's. They have been jealous of each other. He has acted as though he's being cheated on when she's with her husband. She appears to have zero interest in Jack any more and wants only Billy. They dream of EACH other. They have treated Jack like SHIT for months. Phack no longer speak about anything but Billy. Ever. 

When you're cheated on, the most painful realization is that you didn't matter enough. That you were erased/replaced so callously. And the show has managed to create that feeling for the viewer by erasing Jack and replacing him with Billy in Phyllis's life. It's astonishing. What a complete fucking fail. (FYI I have not been cheated on, that I'm aware of. lol)

This should always have been Jack's story, Phack's story. Instead they made it about Billy and then Phyllis. Jack was incidental. He gave them a reason to be front-burner. That's it. The show seemed to want a romance for Philly. That's what this has been. Jack is just the dummy propping them.

And if this perspective doesn't change when Jack finds out, this show is without hope.

• Love 15

And, we just cannot see Billy being this conspiratorial and dickish to Jack.  When Billy sleep with Sharon, and she was still sort of with Jack around that time, IIRC he was sheepish, confessed that he was drunk.  Hell didn't he marry Chloe the next day or try to and Sharon was her maid of honour?  He was a loveable cad, not a moronic asshole.

OTOH, Phyllis has screwed around with abandon, I think I recall her screwing around on Dick or someone with Ronan, and not being too worried about it.

• Love 10
(edited)

I feel like TPTB are telling this story as they would in a movie. You know, woman has boyfriend/husband who is a dick. Woman meets sweet stranger man. Sweet stranger man and woman fall in love. Woman dumps boyfriend/husband for sweet stranger man. Audience swoons.

Here's the thing, though. Soaps aren't movies. Jack isn't a dick and isn't on-screen for 20 minutes. Billy is not sweet. 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bannana said:

And, we just cannot see Billy being this conspiratorial and dickish to Jack.  When Billy sleep with Sharon, and she was still sort of with Jack around that time, IIRC he was sheepish, confessed that he was drunk.  Hell didn't he marry Chloe the next day or try to and Sharon was her maid of honour?  He was a loveable cad, not a moronic asshole.

OTOH, Phyllis has screwed around with abandon, I think I recall her screwing around on Dick or someone with Ronan, and not being too worried about it.

MS's Phyllis I could not stand.  Could not stand.  I don't like MS, in general.  Unless she was involved in Phack.  I have enjoyed GT's portrayal of Phyllis, in general.  It's made better, for me, when she's with Jack, but I like the actress and she makes Phyllis okay to watch, except when she's with JT and "Philly".  Then I detest her like I did MS.  I try to remember JT didn't choose what the writers are doling out, but I keep getting the vibe from him that he, JT, thinks he's all that in the role.  And I don't like thinking that about him because he was good on GH.  A conundrum for me.   

• Love 8
(edited)

6/30, Billy and Phyllis cross the line

This is a legit spoiler for next week from SID.

lol.

I still think Jack will catch them. June: 30 is day 1 of sweeps.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5

^^It is strange. If it had said "take their relationship to another level" or something like that then I'd think okay, she declares her love back, they're a True Love Story now. Whatever.

This "crosses the line" is truly laughable. What they did most recently (Phyllis ditching Jack's trip away to hide out and fuck at Billy's house for two days pretty much crossed every line I can imagine.) That's why I think it's a set up for the reveal -- to put it out for the start of sweeps.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, miamama said:

Not one week, not one FUCKING week without this fucking goddamned Philly mess since OCTOBER. I can't take it any more. Can they just take a break if they are never going to end it????? Have some mercy on the viewers FFS.

How is it that Pratt can drag a story out for months or even years and not move the story one little bit? I hadn't realized that this has been set up and phoned in for the duration it takes to gestational an entire human life.

William Bell was slow as shit but if you came back to a story in six months, there would be something new added and the payoffs were almost always worth the wait. Best example, Sheila switching Lauren's baby Scotty--the baby Lauren thinks is hers dies of another illness, Sheila takes steps to cover her tracks, Lauren realizes Sheila's disabled mother is trying to tell her something, then Sheila tries to burn the house down she kidnapped them both to but Paul rescues them. That is a very abridged version of events.

Then there's the current Sharon mess: Adam covers Sully's paternity, a crazy doctor gives baby to Sharon, Herb dies before getting any kind of satifying reunion with her child, and we've had months of Sharon doing her best Liam Spencer Deer in the Headlights (tm) impression....for what, at least four months at least? 

Yawn.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, miamama said:

^^It is strange. If it had said "take their relationship to another level" or something like that then I'd think okay, she declares her love back, they're a True Love Story now. Whatever.

This "crosses the line" is truly laughable. What they did most recently (Phyllis ditching Jack's trip away to hide out and fuck at Billy's house for two days pretty much crossed every line I can imagine.) That's why I think it's a set up for the reveal -- to put it out for the start of sweeps.

Screwing on Jack's birthday as he walks in on them is crossing the line. I hope it's that. I'm gonna get my hopes up, aren't I? Sigh.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

Screwing on Jack's birthday as he walks in on them is crossing the line. I hope it's that. I'm gonna get my hopes up, aren't I? Sigh.

My hopes are through the freakin' roof. It's the only way to get through this SHIT. lol.

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

How is it that Pratt can drag a story out for months or even years and not move the story one little bit? I hadn't realized that this has been set up and phoned in for the duration it takes to gestational an entire human life.

William Bell was slow as shit but if you came back to a story in six months, there would be something new added and the payoffs were almost always worth the wait. Best example, Sheila switching Lauren's baby Scotty--the baby Lauren thinks is hers dies of another illness, Sheila takes steps to cover her tracks, Lauren realizes Sheila's disabled mother is trying to tell her something, then Sheila tries to burn the house down she kidnapped them both to but Paul rescues them. That is a very abridged version of events.

Then there's the current Sharon mess: Adam covers Sully's paternity, a crazy doctor gives baby to Sharon, Herb dies before getting any kind of satifying reunion with her child, and we've had months of Sharon doing her best Liam Spencer Deer in the Headlights (tm) impression....for what, at least four months at least? 

Yawn.

It's amazing isn't it??? NINE MONTHS. Yet Ashley gets an aneurysm and brain tumour, both of which are dealt with in an episode or three. 

Not only did Bill Bell deliver the payoff, he offered balance. While some stories were in their slow build stage, others were at their climax. 

• Love 9

Cross the line. Billy and Phyllis cross the line. I can't even imagine what that looks like. They have sex on John Abbott's grave? Billy wears a Victor mask while he "pleasures" Phyllis? They left the line so far behind them that the light from the line won't reach Earth until Johnny's an old man.

• Love 11

I was thinking Billy crossed the line when he told Jack that he was useless to Phyllis and was better off on the island with Kelly.

And Phyllis crossed the line when she attacked Jack for "not even making it to OUR HONEYMOON!"

Yeah. Can't wait to see what these two fuckers have in store now.

• Love 12
(edited)

I post on another board and someone posted the wording from SID about that Philly spoiler: (Try to ignore the mag calling this disgusting affair a "love triangle" to note the hint that Jack sees them. Maybe.)

"Genoa City's most explosive love triangle continues to unfold without a key player, Jack, even knowing that he's in one. What will happen when Billy and Phyllis cross the line? Will their torrid affair finally be exposed to the world... or at least to her husband?"

It's funny. I thought they were going to say "...continues to unfold without a key player, Jack" who is being left out of this story that is designed to promote a pair of newbies at Peter Bergman's expense.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

How much do you want to bet they'll have sex on the Abbott dining room table!!!

Yep,  why stop there?  May as well fuck in Jack's bed while he is still sleeping in it.  ffs

4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Cross the line. Billy and Phyllis cross the line. I can't even imagine what that looks like. They have sex on John Abbott's grave? Billy wears a Victor mask while he "pleasures" Phyllis?

Errr... ewww      Anyone care to join me in group therapy when that visual congeals in your brain.

• Love 13