Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Fashionably Fired Up

• Start Topic

I think that Bethenny did not want to go on the trip. She said in another episode that the Atlantic City trip was not fun at all for her, and she was worried about another trip with 8 people. If she wants to bail, she should bail early, she is an adult. I have a friend that does not like anyone to cut out earlier than she does, so I'm guessing Bethenny felt sort of trapped, like when you are a kid a your parents force you to go visit so and so and you just sit on the couch the whole time wanting to leave. If I were Bethenny, I wouldn't even give an excuse, I'd just wake up in the morning I'm leaving and say, "I'm sorry, I have to get going now." And take off.

But this trip is a part of Bethenny's job. Not many could wake up and leave a business trip with no excuse.

• Love 5
(edited)

But this trip is a part of Bethenny's job. Not many could wake up and leave a business trip with no excuse.

Lisa Vanderpump did it. Technically, I suppose being a RH can be considered a job, but it's not one with typical rules or expectations. If I flipped table and screamed "prostitution whore" at one of my coworkers in the middle of a meeting, I'd probably have some explaining to do. In Bravoland, however.....not so much.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 4

I believe she only tried to explain why she was leaving early because the other women have had an issue with her attendance/involvement.

Ramona said they needed to change the dates. All Heather said was that if they did change them she could not go, she did not get upset, mad, angry, throw a fit, cry, boo hoo or accuse Bethenny of controlling her. All Kristen did was ask Bethenny if she needed the date changed based on what Ramona told her, she did not walk away mid sentence when Bethenny was talking nor did she shut her down! LOL

You're right.  At the time she wrote that blog, she had to have seen the last episode.

I think we're seeing these smaller group gatherings because IMHO eight housewives is at least two too many.  When they're all together they're seriously competing for screen time and it gets real messy.  That alone makes me look forward to T&C.   They really have to bring it.

This is what is bothering me with both Dorinda and Bethenny, they stick to whatever they were told even when we see that, Ramona, lied to them on camera. when it comes to both Heather and Kristen. When Dorinda saw that it was actually Ramona that caused the "John" argument, not LuAnn, she acknowledged it in her blog but she is not doing that with either Heather or Kristen at all in anything related to Bethenny IMO.

• Love 6

LOL wabbit!

Quit making me laugh, I was trying to take the HW's seriously!

I am voting a big thumbs up on all your guesses!  Especially the Sammich John guess!

I am betting Sammich John got a earful after that and after  Sonja's pajama game nuzzling.

I'm still cracking up at Ronnie and Ben doing their Dorinda impression of her slaughtering the names of cities around the world.

Mallomar, Panama Jacks, Oreo, Milano, Nutterbutter,

Somewhere in NY, Kristen pops up when she hears the word box.

Their impression of Kim Richards having a discussion with Brooks OC in Mexico and Kim confusing Brooks with her daughter Brooke

• Love 1
(edited)

Ramona said they needed to change the dates. All Heather said was that if they did change them she could not go, she did not get upset, mad, angry, throw a fit, cry, boo hoo or accuse Bethenny of controlling her. All Kristen did was ask Bethenny if she needed the date changed based on what Ramona told her, she did not walk away mid sentence when Bethenny was talking nor did she shut her down! LOL

This is what is bothering me with both Dorinda and Bethenny, they stick to whatever they were told even when we see that, Ramona, lied to them on camera..

I don't believe Ramona told them the needed to change the dates, I think she said Bethenny needed to leave early and asked if they *should* change the dates.

I feel like the date change request, if there was one, was a request being made by Ramona.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

I'm still cracking up at Ronnie and Ben doing their Dorinda impression of her slaughtering the names of cities around the world.

Mallomar, Panama Jacks, Oreo, Milano, Nutterbutter,

Somewhere in NY, Kristen pops up when she hears the word box.

Their impression of Kim Richards having a discussion with Brooks OC in Mexico and Kim confusing Brooks with her daughter Brooke

Me, too!

You  forgot the Lorna Doones/London  lol  (I lived in Lorna Doones)

I like these shoes but they come in boxes!!!! Oh, no!

Brooke, when did you go bald, when did you become a lesbian!  

Hilarious!

Me, too!

You  forgot the Lorna Doones/London  lol  (I lived in Lorna Doones)

I like these shoes but they come in boxes!!!! Oh, no!

Brooke, when did you go bald, when did you become a lesbian!  

Hilarious!

Yes Lorna Doones...ROFL

Luanne to Kristen, okay yeah your toes,,,,can we meet next time in the Container Store? Do we have to meet again...can we Facetime?

Dorinda I think I got the stares cause I smell like meat bread

Carole impression sounds like Peter Lorre....she shops at Forever Never 21 Again

Brook when you came out of me you were a girl right?

Howling

I don't believe Ramona told them the needed to change the dates, I think she said Bethenny needed to leave early and asked if they *should* change the dates.

I feel like the date change request, if there was one, was a request being made by Ramona.

It was suggested by Ramona but she made it a big deal as if Bethenny was considering not going at all. All Kristen did was ask Bethenny if she wanted/needed the date changed and Bethenny started fast talking and crying immediately and in her blog she was upset with Kristen even though in her TH she was pissed at Heather for saying all was fine that they would make sure she had fun while she was there. IMO, Bethenny is "looking for tits on an ant" (tvm Kyle) when it comes to Heather/Kristen. Seriously, Heather has backed off just as Bethenny asked/demanded her to do and she is still unhappy, she called her "cold" at Ramona's party for Pete's sake.

• Love 13

Yes Lorna Doones...ROFL

Luanne to Kristen, okay yeah your toes,,,,can we meet next time in the Container Store? Do we have to meet again...can we Facetime?

Dorinda I think I got the stares cause I smell like meat bread

Carole impression sounds like Peter Lorre....she shops at Forever Never 21 Again

Brook when you came out of me you were a girl right?

Howling

Now, I wanna listen to them after every episode lol 

The one host asked to stop taping so he could go and pee.  I wondered, has he not paid attention when Bethy has pee'd on the shows!  Taping/cameras don't stop when ya gotta pee!  lol

• Love 1

Now, I wanna listen to them after every episode lol 

The one host asked to stop taping so he could go and pee.  I wondered, has he not paid attention when Bethy has pee'd on the shows!  Taping/cameras don't stop when ya gotta pee!  lol

How are you listening via the Soundcloud link I sent you?

You can listen to OLD recaps when you need a fix.

They used to do ONE podcast a week covering all the Bravo Shows and just recently increased to two and for FREE - I think they give a lot of bang for 0 bucks.

Do you watch any other Bravo Show?

They both live in LA when they tape these podcasts they are not in the same place - they're in their own apartments.

They get lots of gossip - especially gossip from the West Coast. So you heard them chatting about Brandi getting fired...and their impression of her...memememememe. Also about Peter from Atlanta

Sometimes when you listen you will hear silence...they sometimes have their calls or links drop...and while one is waiting for the other to link back in....the other will start singing Broadway melodies.

A must listen are their old podcasts of Beverly Hills and Vanderpump Rules. Do you notice sometimes they break into Lisa Vanderpump calling for Chef Penny (I think she did work for LIsa in one of the restaurants and Penny was on Food Network Chopped I think)

Back to RHNY - My walls need to be up, I'm closed, closed, do I know you? who are you? Don't they make Bethenny sound like Woody Allen?

• Love 1
(edited)

It was suggested by Ramona but she made it a big deal as if Bethenny was considering not going at all. All Kristen did was ask Bethenny if she wanted/needed the date changed and Bethenny started fast talking and crying immediately and in her blog she was upset with Kristen even though in her TH she was pissed at Heather for saying all was fine that they would make sure she had fun while she was there. IMO, Bethenny is "looking for tits on an ant" (tvm Kyle) when it comes to Heather/Kristen. Seriously, Heather has backed off just as Bethenny asked/demanded her to do and she is still unhappy, she called her "cold" at Ramona's party for Pete's sake.

I don't believe Bethenny was pissed at Heather, I think she was annoyed. I also thought her comment about Kristen in her blog was pretty tame. I guess I don't see the big issue.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh B, I'm so jealous of ya.  Wish I could scream at the various co-workers of mine, who bug the fuck outta me, to lemme alone & that I just wanna leave the walls up.  And if only I could randomly & oh-so-publicly burst into tears as you ALWAYS  seem to do, without everyone around me thinking I was certifiably insane & ready to be checked into a loony bin.  Not only do you do this, B, but ya get paid a million bucks to do it.  God Bless.  This is Satan Andy's world & welcome to it.  Act like a lunatic & get paid handsomely for it.  

The contrast of B laughing hysterically at Countless's modeling, when she was just crying 2 seconds before, looked particularly nuts.  Edit monkeys at it again?  Oh, those pesky edit monkeys.  Damn them -- er, and bless them too.  Can't decide which.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13

I don't believe Bethenny was pissed at Heather, I think she was annoyed. I also thought her comment about Kristen in her blog was pretty tame. I guess I don't see the big issue.

Annoyed at Heather for what, for not making her leaving 1 day early a big deal like Ramona did, for Heather taking the focus off of Bethenny? And, she was not kind to Kristen in her blog at all. NAH, Bethenny is making mountains out of mole hills when it comes to anything either Heather or Kirsten does but not 1 word about the fact that Ramona made a big deal and tried to get everyone worked up over nothing.

• Love 12

I didn't fault Bethenny or Kristen during that whole exchange. I faulted Ramona. From Bethenny's perspective, she didn't get why people were making it seem like she asked to change the dates of the trip because she didn't-she simply said she had to leave early. From Kristen's perspective, she wanted to clarify things with Bethenny while the group was together in order to solidify her own plans. It was Ramona who made it seem as though Bethenny was making a huge deal about the trip and insinuated that dates needed to be changed, which in turn prompted Kristen to ask about it. Typical Ramona stirring the pot.

Also, I get Bethenny crying a lot. When you're already stressed to the max the littlest thing sets off waterworks in some people. I'm one of them. So I get it. I don't fault her for crying.

• Love 8

Annoyed at Heather for what, for not making her leaving 1 day early a big deal like Ramona did, for Heather taking the focus off of Bethenny? And, she was not kind to Kristen in her blog at all. NAH, Bethenny is making mountains out of mole hills when it comes to anything either Heather or Kirsten does but not 1 word about the fact that Ramona made a big deal and tried to get everyone worked up over nothing.

Maybe Bethenny doesn't see it as Ramona trying to stir everyone up, but seeing if there was a way to arrange the trip so Bethenny wouldn't have to leave early. Bethenny and Ramona seem to have a good relationship right now, perhaps Bethenny doesn't think Ramona was coming from a bad place.

• Love 2

Maybe Bethenny doesn't see it as Ramona trying to stir everyone up, but seeing if there was a way to arrange the trip so Bethenny wouldn't have to leave early. Bethenny and Ramona seem to have a good relationship right now, perhaps Bethenny doesn't think Ramona was coming from a bad place.

As you pointed out, Bethenny never asked to have the dates changed in the first place, so why go there? AND NO ONE got upset when Ramona suggested it, not 1 of them yet Bethenny makes the snide comment about Heather in her TH and against Kristen in her blog. Bethenny came into the show, IMO, already determined to shut both of them out.

• Love 10
(edited)

Just food for thought

One of the things that has always thrown me is Production.

When are the TH shots filmed...after how many hours of filming, is it days or weeks after the event. We never hear the question coming from the person behind the camera. Do the HW's get the questions they are going to be asked in advance or do they do this without any heads up?

I've heard many times that the HW's get to see the episodes that are about to air only a few days before the public sees them. I kind of wonder if that is even true.

So when does each HW write their blog?

Most of these ladies are not "writers" and I don't see how they can write a blog and meet a deadline of 3 days. Also to be able to write about what they were feeling from 6 months ago at that time is hard.

Another thing that throws me off is the tweeting. Notice how the tweeting wars are happenning during the episode airing? I always go back to Brandi and Jacqueline...they are Twitterholics. Take Brandi for instance if while filming Lisa V did something so horrendous to her during filming...she can't control herself...so how does she manage NOT to tweet about it until 6 months after the event. I know they have confidentiality clauses - but an out of control tampon showing drunk who tweets all the time...she wouldn't be able to help herself.

Sorry I sort of went off tangent...was just wondering about the timing of the NY ladies blogs....and what they saw by that point of the episode when they were writing their blogs

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 3
(edited)

As you pointed out, Bethenny never asked to have the dates changed in the first place, so why go there? AND NO ONE got upset when Ramona suggested it, not 1 of them yet Bethenny makes the snide comment about Heather in her TH and against Kristen in her blog. Bethenny came into the show, IMO, already determined to shut both of them out.

The comment about Heather was about being annoyed that Heather continued to discuss the issue. I think both Heather and Kristen seemed annoyed by the suggestion of changing dates and Kristen let her annoyance show when she confronted Bethenny, so I see why Bethenny made the very mild comment about Kristen in her blog and the snarky comment in her TH about being annoyed by Heather.

I don't think Bethenny made a decision to shut out Kristen and Heather before she came on the show, honestly, I don't think she cared/cares about them that much.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1
(edited)

What did Heather say? How did she continue to discuss the "issue"? By saying" ok then, we're re going to have a great time those 3 days you're there!"? I'm sorry, but I don't see it as a nasty comment, more like let's put a period on this already.

The issue was not an issue until Ramona made it one. Beth was leaving early, no biggie. Ramona mentioned maybe we should change the days. Geez you would think Ramona was trying to get everyone annoyed with Beth.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10

From Beth's blog:

Look, I'm not the first person to ever have a brutal divorce. My daughter is my everything, and my heart aches every moment I’m away from her. I feel like I’m being pulled in so many directions, and she comes first. I didn't make a big deal about the trip. The girls did. I didn't ask them to change it. It felt like some of them were looking to make something of it. My stuff is my stuff.

I remember that day, and it really felt that Kristen was looking to stir it up with me, albeit subtly. Here is my advice: You do you, and I'll do me.

Beth is making it an issue.  She claims the girls made it a big deal.  Ro made it a big deal.  Kris just asked a question after Ro brought it up and made it an issue.  Now, Beth is claiming she felt Kris was looking to 'stir it up with me. albeit subtly?"  I wouldn't consider that tame.  Kind of passive aggressive because Kris never said anything to 'stir' something up.  She was asking for clarification - who knew that one couldn't ask a simple question without Beth having a meltdown. 

• Love 16

What did Heather say? How did she continue to discuss the "issue"? By saying" ok then, were going have to have a great time those 3 days you're there"? How dare she! I'm sorry but I don't see it as a nasty comment, more like let's put a period on this already.

I don't think Bethenny said it was a nasty comment, I certainly never said that. I think the issue was more like, just drop it!

The comment about Heather was about being annoyed that Heather continued to discuss the issue. I think both Heather and Kristen seemed annoyed by the suggestion of changing dates and Kristen let her annoyance show when she confronted Bethenny, so I see why Bethenny made the very mild comment about Kristen in her blog and the snarky comment in her TH about being annoyed by Heather.

I don't think Bethenny made a decision to shut out Kristen and Heather before she came on the show, honestly, I don't think she cared/cares about them that much.

I think that is the point if Bethenny puts you on pass or disinterest chances are the following season you won't be holding an apple.  She has very unfairly experienced it Season 3.

I saw the whole thing differently.  I saw Ramona coming in and having been told by the line producer Bethenny's dates didn't gel as Ramona passing it on to the others.  Not to cause trouble but to put people on notice.  Kristen was so caught up in being part of the discussion-- not her trip so why the need - that she did not come from a place of yes with Bethenny.  I think Kristen forgot the talk they had in the Berkshires about supporting Bethenny.  Heather's comment about not being able to attend was what I thought was unfortunate.  Imagine looking forward to a trip and having the rug pulled out from under you because somebody's kid had a dance recital.  In reality these dates were cemented before this and the planning was done by the producer after they ladies ok's or didn't the dates.  I doubt they ever have the gaggle together deciding.

• Love 2

Bethenny can't control what people say and when they say it.  She can frustrate herself wanting others to drop it, but they don't have to.  When someone runs crying from a room, people will talk.  When someone cries every time yous see them, people will talk more.  Don't want them to talk about you?  Stop melting down every time you are on camera.

• Love 18

Kristen didn't confront Beth.  She said before I go into makeup can we talk about the trip with everyone and that they heard the dates had to be changed.  Simple, reasonable question.  How did Kris show annoyance? 

• Love 10

Bethenny can't control what people say and when they say it.  She can frustrate herself wanting others to drop it, but they don't have to.  When someone runs crying from a room, people will talk.  When someone cries every time yous see them, people will talk more.  Don't want them to talk about you?  Stop melting down every time you are on camera.

Of course, Heather can fucking say whatever she wants to fucking say to Bethenny (she made that clear!) ....and Bethenny can as well.

Kristen didn't confront Beth.  She said before I go into makeup can we talk about the trip with everyone and that they heard the dates had to be changed.  Simple, reasonable question.  How did Kris show annoyance?

It was the tone, I interpreted it that way and I can see how Bethenny could as well.

I think that is the point if Bethenny puts you on pass or disinterest chances are the following season you won't be holding an apple. She has very unfairly experienced it Season 3.

I saw the whole thing differently. I saw Ramona coming in and having been told by the line producer Bethenny's dates didn't gel as Ramona passing it on to the others. Not to cause trouble but to put people on notice. Kristen was so caught up in being part of the discussion-- not her trip so why the need - that she did not come from a place of yes with Bethenny. I think Kristen forgot the talk they had in the Berkshires about supporting Bethenny. Heather's comment about not being able to attend was what I thought was unfortunate. Imagine looking forward to a trip and having the rug pulled out from under you because somebody's kid had a dance recital. In reality these dates were cemented before this and the planning was done by the producer after they ladies ok's or didn't the dates. I doubt they ever have the gaggle together deciding.

Sorry, but no.

That is Ramona's MO she does stuff like this all the time. She says things then slithers aways.

Aviva and Carole pop to mind.

Ramona might be doing the producers bidding but I think she sure knows it's to cause trouble.

• Love 11

I didn't think Bethenny had preconceived ideas/feelings about Heather/Kristen at first either but after the dinner in the Berkshires I have changed my opinion. I now think/believe that Bethenny came back wanting to ice out the both of them, Kristen because of Kyle/Brandi and Heather because of Aviva.  JMO

• Love 4

Sorry, but no.

That is Ramona's MO she does stuff like this all the time. She says things then slithers aways.

Aviva and Carole pop to mind.

Ramona might be doing the producers bidding but I think she sure knows it's to cause trouble.

Maybe they should make her wear Carole's sweatshirt     : )

• Love 4
(edited)

SCOOBIEDOOBS, ON 19 JUN 2015 - 12:49 PM, SAID:

Maybe it's just me (silly ole me), but I can't stand it when straight chicks make up being into lesbian sex to sound cool or make some sorta impression on men.  Carole's fake bullshit was a bit annoying.  I think Carole was trying to keep up the tiresome too-cool-for-school aura.

Ryebread

No, it's me, too.  And another thing...I know she's too cool for school and I also know it's good to have a relaxed posture when you're dining with a friend.  But if Carole had been slouched any further down in her chair, her knees would have been on the floor.  Sit up, girl.  And stop trying so.damn.hard.

Glad you brought this up ! I tire of her schtick as well. Carole has to put on the I am so edgy nonsense because I am a clearly a very sexual hetero woman but I can tittilate with frank lesbian talk cuz I am so edgy and secure in my sexuality. Puhleeze. And a bigfat eyeroll. Her sex talk is wearing thin. Last season, up the butt sex and blowies*. She sounds more like a goofy tween. Oh and that blind date last season with the actor dude and bringing up sex right out of the gate. By the way, if a woman that I hardly knew said told me she had a sex dream about me.and told me in detail...uh, I wouldn't want to know her or eat dinner with her. What a turn off. Keep it to yourself, Carrie Wannabe, sex kitten trying too hard. 

Her posture ! I've been noticing that too. Right from the get go this season when they were at LuAnns Hampton house and all the ladies were chatting, but Carole was laying, er uh, completely draped across LuAnns couch like it was her own. In her big bare ugly feet. What is she some kind of invertabrate?

Last season when they were in St Barths, there was Carole again sprawled , back down, chest up, across Ramona's bed while everybody else was standing. 

* I have never used or heard the term blowies. Who talks like this? It's a blow job for cripes sakes.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3
(edited)

I didn't think Bethenny had preconceived ideas/feelings about Heather/Kristen at first either but after the dinner in the Berkshires I have changed my opinion. I now think/believe that Bethenny came back wanting to ice out the both of them, Kristen because of Kyle/Brandi and Heather because of Aviva. JMO

I don't know about the whole Kyle & Aviva thing, but I think she had preconceived ideas. When she said that she didn't think she'd get along with Carole because she thought Carole would be too cool for school (lol),I knew she had set ideas about who the new women were.

I do not like this Beth but I think she is smart. She would most definitely watch these women in action, before having to interact with them.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

Of course, Heather can fucking say whatever she wants to fucking say to Bethenny (she made that clear!) ....and Bethenny can as well.

It was the tone, I interpreted it that way and I can see how Bethenny could as well.

Bethenny, Ramona and now Dorinda (to a lesser extent) are looking for anything to try to make it seem as if Heather and Kristen are always confronting and mistreating Bethenny. That is simply not happening. It blows my mind that big bad take no shit Bethenny would even want to potray that she's being treated so unjustly by these women. The only thing that happened at Luann's photo shoot is messy ass Ramona saying the dates might have to be changed due to Bethenny's schedule. Bethenny came in and was asked a simple question. She answered no the dates didn't have to changed. She then went on to have her millionth breakdown for no reason. No one did anything to her. She's unstable and clearly having some kind of breakdown. She should have gotten her life in order before coming back to reality tv. If she came back to try to repair her image in a positive way it isn't working (IMO) infact it's quite the opposite.

• Love 14

This is what is bothering me with both Dorinda and Bethenny, they stick to whatever they were told even when we see that, Ramona, lied to them on camera. when it comes to both Heather and Kristen. When Dorinda saw that it was actually Ramona that caused the "John" argument, not LuAnn, she acknowledged it in her blog but she is not doing that with either Heather or Kristen at all in anything related to Bethenny IMO.

Your post made me try to figure out (or guess) how Bravo production manipulates the story, the cast and the viewers.  We know they have a general idea of how they want the season to play out before they start filming and I'd be willing to bet that they don't "edit" all the footage to produce the episodes for the entire season all at once.  I think they do it an episode or two or three at a time.  Then they see how it's going and decide if they need to tweak, adjust or even change the season's story arc.  We've all commented on production's influence, the editing and scenes shown out of sequence.  I think the same holds true for the cast blogs.   They're posted on the Bravo website so there's no way that would happen unless TPTB approve them.  Whatever they're writing in their blogs is exactly what production wants them to say.

• Love 4

Bethenny, Ramona and now Dorinda (to a lesser extent) are looking for anything to try to make it seem as if Heather and Kristen are always confronting and mistreating Bethenny. That is simply not happening. It blows my mind that big bad take no shit Bethenny would even want to potray that she's being treated so unjustly by these women.

I think it's Kristen and Heather who are trying to make it seem that they are being mistreated unjustly by Bethenny. They have been complaining about Bethenny since the beginning, calling her mean, harsh, a bitch, etc. Heather can't even feed her a meatball!

• Love 1

Your post made me try to figure out (or guess) how Bravo production manipulates the story, the cast and the viewers.  We know they have a general idea of how they want the season to play out before they start filming and I'd be willing to bet that they don't "edit" all the footage to produce the episodes for the entire season all at once.  I think they do it an episode or two or three at a time.  Then they see how it's going and decide if they need to tweak, adjust or even change the season's story arc.  We've all commented on production's influence, the editing and scenes shown out of sequence.  I think the same holds true for the cast blogs.   They're posted on the Bravo website so there's no way that would happen unless TPTB approve them.  Whatever they're writing in their blogs is exactly what production wants them to say.

• Love 1

I didn't think Bethenny had preconceived ideas/feelings about Heather/Kristen at first either but after the dinner in the Berkshires I have changed my opinion. I now think/believe that Bethenny came back wanting to ice out the both of them, Kristen because of Kyle/Brandi and Heather because of Aviva.  JMO

How close are Bethenny and Aviva? I read that Bethenny suggested Aviva for the show somewhere, but are they really that good of friends? 

• Love 2

How close are Bethenny and Aviva? I read that Bethenny suggested Aviva for the show somewhere, but are they really that good of friends?

Think that they go to the same nail parlor to wax Aviva's leg and the stick that Bethenny has up her ass.

• Love 11

They film in a very condensed frame of time - maybe 4-5 months.

Editing is done all at once - they start once they have 3 months of footage to play with. And what they do is put each scene into files under each HW that appears. Each scene is rated...juicy, fluff, plus to use in episode or minus to be placed in fluff or lost footage file.

Behind the scenes editors are getting constant feedback from production of what they want each HW story arc to be and keep them updated on what they

want for each HW.

Editing is done in a condensed time period with the same mentality as they have for filming....you're not going hire editors or a film crew and say this week you work 40 hours next week you work 0 and we won't pay you and the week after we need you for 10 hours.

Once editing is completed as in they've gone through all of the footage...they may add back in some fluff scenes as filler...or if the show is so stinking boring they might make the HW film more hours...i.e. what they did with adding Jacqueline & Kathy since NJ had nothing (majority of their scenes if you saw any background - hardly any snow while all of the other scenes with the rest of the cast huge piles everywhere)

This is also what happenned on BH with what happenned with Russell. They were about to start airing BH when he took his life. Bravo delayed airing the show for a month to cut out most of his scenes and add some previously cut fluff events and also film some new footage of the ladies

• Love 2

Your post made me try to figure out (or guess) how Bravo production manipulates the story, the cast and the viewers. We know they have a general idea of how they want the season to play out before they start filming and I'd be willing to bet that they don't "edit" all the footage to produce the episodes for the entire season all at once. I think they do it an episode or two or three at a time. Then they see how it's going and decide if they need to tweak, adjust or even change the season's story arc. We've all commented on production's influence, the editing and scenes shown out of sequence. I think the same holds true for the cast blogs. They're posted on the Bravo website so there's no way that would happen unless TPTB approve them. Whatever they're writing in their blogs is exactly what production wants them to say.

I'm thinking that Bravo doesn't mess with the blogs too much unless there is 4th wall breaking. A lot of the housewives on the other franchises don't post on Bravo and post on their own sites or cross post. I think the thing Bravo is most concerned with is revealing production shenanigans. I don't think they care too much if the cast blogs aren't following the season narrative. This is a network that is known for editing shows in the repeat airings depending on the social media reaction.

• Love 4
(edited)

I think it's that old thing where if someone annoys you, anything they do will annoy you more than it might annoy someone else. I think B might feel about Kristen a certain way that is similar to the way I feel about it. It doesn't matter to me what the words were that Kristen said, it was the way she said it that bugged me. I didn't feel it was innocent or without a certain intent. I'm fine if someone else did not see it that way though. I couldn't give you a play by play as I only watched the episode once, I can just tell you that when she spoke, it bugged the shit out of me. When Bethenny said that Kristen had whatever the phrase was that meant sour face (sorry, can't recall), I nodded. That's exactly how I feel too. Sometimes people just bug you.

ETA: I did not get annoyed by Heather's part in the conversation and maybe it's because I genuinely like her. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 6
(edited)

Bravo does and will edit them, HW blogs, if they reveal too much or go to far off the storyline BUT they are allowed to say that they "see" something they did not know at the time, like that it was Ramona that started that whole trip/date/change conversation. Some HW's have even said in their blogs that they were angry/upset "at the time" (during filming) but now things are better or they now understand who, what, where and why and are no longer upset at ______HW. That is not what we are hearing/seeing/reading from Bethenny about Heather/Kristen. When a HW wants to reveal something, 4th wall territory, they will either post their blog on their own web site or they will tweet the correction, like Tamra, Nene and Teresa G have all done in the past. What I have posted about though does not break any 4th wall NO NO.

I think it's Kristen and Heather who are trying to make it seem that they are being mistreated unjustly by Bethenny. They have been complaining about Bethenny since the beginning, calling her mean, harsh, a bitch, etc. Heather can't even feed her a meatball!

Kristen's only complaint was that Bethenny has missed a number of events/gatherings and even LuAnn supported that and Bethenny readily admitted to it, then at Ramona's party Bethenny was dismissive of her/towards her. Heather did come on too strong but Bethenny was already rude/dismissive towards her from the get go and when she finally backed off Bethenny, she was then called "cold" by Bethenny and got the nasty TH this past episode for diffusing the trip date change over reaction by Bethenny.

They know each other well enough for Bethenny to recommend her to Andy and to defend her to Ramona on her talk show, so closer than we may have realized.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
(edited)

From Beth's blog:

Look, I'm not the first person to ever have a brutal divorce. My daughter is my everything, and my heart aches every moment I’m away from her. I feel like I’m being pulled in so many directions, and she comes first. I didn't make a big deal about the trip. The girls did. I didn't ask them to change it. It felt like some of them were looking to make something of it. My stuff is my stuff.

I remember that day, and it really felt that Kristen was looking to stir it up with me, albeit subtly. Here is my advice: You do you, and I'll do me.

Beth is making it an issue.  She claims the girls made it a big deal.  Ro made it a big deal.  Kris just asked a question after Ro brought it up and made it an issue.  Now, Beth is claiming she felt Kris was looking to 'stir it up with me. albeit subtly?"  I wouldn't consider that tame.  Kind of passive aggressive because Kris never said anything to 'stir' something up.  She was asking for clarification - who knew that one couldn't ask a simple question without Beth having a meltdown. 

This  absolutely.  Bethenny is a disingenuous asshole.  I would all-caps the obscenity but don't want to seem scary.  But damn if that ain't true.  She is LYING here.  (Whoopsie! But she is a damned liarface (TM Vicki Gunvalson)).  No, no one was stirring it up besides the bug-eyed satin lover and Bethenny herself.  She's not delusional, she's not crazy, she's not mentally ill.  She's an entitled POS and a liar and a fucking baby who is pissed at not getting pure adulation for 'saving' the show she's killing with her stank attitude and aspartame-laced product placement.

ETA -- I don't think Bethenny is unstable exactly.  She's just madder than hell.  She's infuriated that things don't go exactly as she wants them to.  Her soon to be ex is fighting her on the divorce.  Her mom's not dead yet and pops up for the occasional tabloid story.  The world didn't comply and ignore that her never-shown boyfriend (WTF??) was booted from his college for rape.  (This is NOT a common occurrence.  I'll say no more.)  People didn't get the 'joke' of her fitting into her toddler's PJ's.  Her talk show was a fetid pile of crap and the ratings showed that, WTF world?  Where's the love for the Skinnygirl?  She is an entitled witch.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 20

This absolutely. Bethenny is a disingenuous asshole. I would all-caps the obscenity but don't want to seem scary. But damn if that ain't true. She is LYING here. (Whoopsie! But she is a damned liarface (TM Vicki Gunvalson)). No, no one was stirring it up besides the bug-eyed satin lover and Bethenny herself. She's not delusional, she's not crazy, she's not mentally ill. She's an entitled POS and a liar and a fucking baby who is pissed at not getting pure adulation for 'saving' the show she's killing with her stank attitude and aspartame-laced product placement.

This 1,000,000.00%. Bethenny is killing the season with her bs. Sorry to say but ole Bethy doesn't work without Jill. We just didn't get to see that because Bethenny received so much sympathy from the fall out and then she got her spin off.

• Love 9

This 1,000,000.00%. Bethenny is killing the season with her bs. Sorry to say but ole Bethy doesn't work without Jill. We just didn't get to see that because Bethenny received so much sympathy from the fall out and then she got her spin off.

This...Post...is...how...I...feel...Thank you.

• Love 7
(edited)

They film in a very condensed frame of time - maybe 4-5 months.

Editing is done all at once - they start once they have 3 months of footage to play with. And what they do is put each scene into files under each HW that appears. Each scene is rated...juicy, fluff, plus to use in episode or minus to be placed in fluff or lost footage file.

Behind the scenes editors are getting constant feedback from production of what they want each HW story arc to be and keep them updated on what they

want for each HW.

Editing is done in a condensed time period with the same mentality as they have for filming....you're not going hire editors or a film crew and say this week you work 40 hours next week you work 0 and we won't pay you and the week after we need you for 10 hours.

Once editing is completed as in they've gone through all of the footage...they may add back in some fluff scenes as filler...or if the show is so stinking boring they might make the HW film more hours...i.e. what they did with adding Jacqueline & Kathy since NJ had nothing (majority of their scenes if you saw any background - hardly any snow while all of the other scenes with the rest of the cast huge piles everywhere)

This is also what happenned on BH with what happenned with Russell. They were about to start airing BH when he took his life. Bravo delayed airing the show for a month to cut out most of his scenes and add some previously cut fluff events and also film some new footage of the ladies

I don't ,mean to sound like a contrarian but Andy and all the executive producers get the dailies.  He has mentioned this over and over.  They don't just shoot a season of film and edit.  So things are more contrived than they seem.  Whenever there is something interesting the producers get together and see if it is something that leads or enhances a story line.

Also there was nothing delayed about airing the RHOBH episode.  Russell committed suicide on August 17th and the show had always been set to air September 5th.  Pandora Todd married the end of August and Taylor missed the wedding due to Russell's suicide.  They actually were asked repeatedly if they BRAVO would delay the start of RHOBH due to Russell's death and they said no.  Proof to the contrary would be appreciated.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

Wow! The Bethenny bashing is back in full swing.

IMHO There's a huge difference between poking fun and snarking about the show/cast and inflammatory bashing but that's just my opinion and definitely not my style.

All of the housewives not just Bethenny are talked about on these boards. I think some things said about other cast members have been at the same level of bashing or worse. Everyone has different views and different ways of expressing their views. I feel like that Bethenny came back on the show with an elitist attitude. She feels she has come to save the show and can do or treat people however she wants. Everyone else should just bow down to her. If you are not in her chosen circle then you should be ok with her nasty behavior towards you, or being flat out ignored. If you ask a harmless question and Bethenny deems it as trying to start a confrontation you have to deal with her breakdown and then the raft that follows. I was a huge Bethenny fan when the show first started. When Jill and Bethenny's friendship fell apart I thought they both were culpable in what happened, but Jill alone had to take the fall. Ever since then my views of her changed. I was very happy when she got pregnant and married. I even watched her spin off occasionally. Although I wasn't super excited about her coming back this season I wanted to see the old Bethenny that was fun, quick witted, but no nonsense. Instead we get a person on the edge of losing it and that is not fun to watch.

• Love 14

Bethenny can't control what people say and when they say it. She can frustrate herself wanting others to drop it, but they don't have to. When someone runs crying from a room, people will talk. When someone cries every time yous see them, people will talk more. Don't want them to talk about you? Stop melting down every time you are on camera.

This is what pisses me off more and more. This lunatic keeps making nasty and snide remarks because she doesn't like what people say and do around her when she keeps breaking down. We've all seen that noone is attacking her or trying to hurt her causing a legit breakdown, yet she breaks down repeatedly. And then we get the "no no, don't look at me" bullshit. What Beth fails to realize is that every time she's around and breaks down she makes everyone around her uncomfortable. They don't know what to do or say around her out of fear of her backlash. So sometimes, just to put everyone at ease, someone blurts out "how 'bout them bears", but yet again, not good enough. I personally hate when people cry in front of me. I wanna hug total strangers on the street if I see someone crying. And don't get me started in wanting to comfort a screaming child if I see them in the supermarket. Just my nature, so sue me. I couldn't imagine having a coworker that continued to freak out and break down every time I saw her and I wasn't allowed to do anything about it. Just stand there in total silence until she says it's ok to move on. I guess Beth would hate me just like Heather.

• Love 12
Bravo does and will edit them, HW blogs, if they reveal too much or go to far off the storyline BUT they are allowed to say that they "see" something they did not know at the time, like that it was Ramona that started that whole trip/date/change conversation.

When Heather was on WWHL the other nite, a caller did ask if she & Bethenny are still not getting along by the end of the season.  She took a long pause & very haltingly said she didn't think she should say.  I wanna say she looked hesitantly at Satan Andy, who gave her a stink-eye to STFU & hold her tongue, but no, that didn't happen.  But that doesn't mean Heather wasn't already told previously by Satan Andy to STFU & not reveal such an important detail.  I suspect many viewers are wondering whether their "feud" is gonna continue on for the rest of season.  So I wouldn't blame Satan Andy for not wanting Heather to shoot her mouth off.

Still don't have a handle on what all the SkinnyGirl products are exactly.  I mentioned seeing at Marshall's, bags & bags & bags of marked down SG sea salt & peanut butter cookies, & then they vanished the next day.  My sis said she saw at TJ Maxx, bags & bags & bags of marked down SG dark chocolate banana oatmeal "nutritional bars" & then they were gone the next day.  Hmmmm.  OK, B seemed to think she was expert enough on distribution, to offer up her opinions to Sonja's . . . er, "team".  But I wonder what gives with her own rather funky-seeming distribution methods for SkinnyGirl?

• Love 6