Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

I think if someone went back on a deal with James, he wouldn't whine about them betraying him and how they're literally the worst people in the world for going against him. Vanessa would/has done that though.

He kind of did, though. After Vanessa put up Jason, it was pretty much all tears and personal attacks from mostly Jason, but James, Meg, and Jackie all sat in on the constant bash sessions too. Shelli was evil personified, Liz was a fat ass bitch, they couldn't stand any of them, they hated them all. And again, I think a bit of misogyny comes in as well, because Meg was willing to cut Shelli out ASAP but said she could never put Clay up. But the funny thing, to me, was that Jason would have stabbed them in the back eventually. Even before the Dark Moon fell apart, he was already talking about how he wanted to go after Vanessa. She just happened to make the move first, and he got evicted for it. Now, that wasn't James saying it, but it was his alliance, and at the time, Jason was the #1 fave on Jokers.

I think personalities do tend to skew a lot of the viewing audience's perceptions of the HGs. So Vanessa being annoying and emotional and wearing the green hat everyday somehow devolves into hating her for lying and being hypocritical, when really, if she did the same things, but was the sassy gay guy she'd probably have a lot more fans.

I think analyzing the Big Brother online community and their reactions to certain things happening in the house is almost as interesting as the actual game.

Back to the actual feeds though, after watching the Vanessa/John conversation, and then later the Vanessa/Steve/Austwins conversations, I'm not sure what Vanessa is going to do today. When Vanessa talked to John, she was on board with trying to help coach him on what to say to the Austwins to tempt them to vote for him to stay. But later, when she talked to Steve and the Austwins, it was pretty much agreed Steve is staying.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

I just read that Derrick hates Vanessa, which tbh makes me want to root for her.

Haha I was already rooting for her, but it makes me want to root for her even more. I hope she wins just because it will PISS him off and he will

have to play nice. Lol.

But I agree with what some posters are saying I feel it's a very double standard. Yes she crys a lot and is aggressive but I think if she was a man doing it, everyone would be singing a very different tune.

Just like last season they ripped Christine to shreds about the Cody situation. But Austin having a girlfriend is basically forgotten about.

Oh well.

• Love 4

I think for most of the F&G right now it's sunk costs, they WANT to turn on each other, but feel like they can't because they've invested the time in the relationships they have, and are obviously all TERRIFIED of how those outside their alliance will really behave in a new "deal" or group, and how the targets will respond. OOOF they are all playing this way and it feels so apart from how every other season of BB goes. At the end of the day Johnny Mac is a gamble while Steve is a weasel but he's F&G's weasel. 

Back to the actual feeds though, after watching the Vanessa/John conversation, and then later the Vanessa/Steve/Austwins conversations, I'm not sure what Vanessa is going to do today. When Vanessa talked to John, she was on board with trying to help coach him on what to say to the Austwins to tempt them to vote for him to stay. But later, when she talked to Steve and the Austwins, it was pretty much agreed Steve is staying.

I think she will agree with the Austwins and cross her fingers that something happens that she can grab on to to try and shift their thinking.

I can't imagine Vanessa and John working together longterm, especially because he's useless,but the personality clash could be pretty funny. And her and Becky together would be one grating, talkative, non-stop, but probably powerful and smart, alliance.

I do think there is something to be said about the view of men versus women in the show, but it's hard to put a finger on it.

I actually think the best example this season, though, is John. All around clueless, but doesn't get the standard "bimbo" edit reserved for females. In fact, I think Julia gets a lot of the "she's useless" commentary, even from feed watchers, that should be reserved for him.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

I'm super intrigued by and rooting for this notion of Vanessa teaming up with JMac, who we all know has not been shy about showing his considerable contempt for her and her gameplay. Even more intrigued by the notion of Becky coming back into the game and JMac possibly getting her on board to work with Vanessa. I'm just hopeful for the potential storyline of former enemies joining forces in the game to take out a mutual threat (the Austwins). It rarely happens that former enemies align and succeed.

Wait, has it ever happened? 

Edited by Laika
  • Love 6

I think analyzing the Big Brother online community and their reactions to certain things happening in the house is almost as interesting as the actual game.

Agree.  It's fascinating to see how many different ways there are to watch Big Brother.  

• Love 4

Haha I was already rooting for her, but it makes me want to root for her even more. I hope she wins just because it will PISS him off and he will

have to play nice. Lol.

But I agree with what some posters are saying I feel it's a very double standard. Yes she crys a lot and is aggressive but I think if she was a man doing it, everyone would be singing a very different tune.

Just like last season they ripped Christine to shreds about the Cody situation. But Austin having a girlfriend is basically forgotten about.

Oh well.

I agree, that this is often a double standard, but when I dip my toe into Twitter, I'm seeing very little love for Austin. Since that letter to his gf was posted, he's getting slammed a lot. Though I do believe it's probably still less than a woman in that position might get (see Christine, or even Janelle on All-Stars). But he is not popular, and Liz is getting slammed as well.

They're both gross, IMO.

I've barely checked in lately - I love all the flips, but have no clue what's going on. I personally, I want JMac to go because I'm sick of his stupid DRs and am annoyed he'll get fan fave over James, who's way more entertaining, IMO. Though if he was ever serious about putting up the Austwins, he'll be my new hero.

Anyone who will put up Liz and Austin together will be my new BB hero, really.

Still rooting for long-shot Vanessa or James.

And I haven't seen Sunday's ep (or would it be on tonight? I'm really only half paying attention) but I would pay to see them air Drunk Austin with all his big talk, followed by his utter inability to make a decision and Van swaying him in 5 minutes.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 2

Is John planning on talking to Meg and James or does he think Vanessa's vote is worth 5?

Well, they've all made it pretty clear that Vanessa and the twins are a 3-vote block. It's why Vanessa didn't use the veto, because she didn't want to go against them and because she didn't have the votes. 

I think this week will be Who Has the Worst Game: BB Edition. Steve seemed halfway out the door after his blowup with Vanessa, and he handled everything about it pretty poorly from beginning to end. John told the people in power he's coming after them, and he's now sitting outside alone in the BY while the others are in the kitchen taking pictures.

ETA: Now Steve is out there with JMac, and they're talking about religion and politics. Yawn. Where is Vanessa to bring some game drama? 

Edited by Ceeg

I don't blame her if she does it, but it will still be funny if Vanessa becomes HoH this week and then doesn't nominate any of the Austwins. I don't think she SHOULD for her own game, but it would just be funny to hear her explain to Steve and the newly returned HG why it made sense to nominate them and not the Austwins after a week of "You guys, we all have to nominate them!"

• Love 3

All of us have a side that isn't very nice. The BB house intensifies things, I'm sure.

Reminds me of an early 80s comedian (who shall remain nameless) relating a conversation about the effects of cocaine:

Other guy: Well, you see, cocaine enhances your personality.

Comedian: Yeah, but what if you're an asshole?

And again, I think a bit of misogyny comes in as well, because Meg was willing to cut Shelli out ASAP but said she could never put Clay up.

I think that was less about misogyny, and more about the (BB-enhanced) importance of relationships. Meg had some degree of relationship with Clay (albeit a curious one and of unexplained origin - pre-feed, maybe?), but next to none with Shelli. YMMV

• Love 1

I will say this, though. Despite Austin grossing me out, physically and in re: some weird possesive things he's said about Liz, I do like that he's never tried to go after women in the game, and that he has no problem being part of an alliance with all women. A lot of guys would be tempted to bro it up (which might have happened, had Jace stayed), but Austin isn't threatened by women, and in fact, seems to think he should protect them, and he has no apparent issue with any strong woman beating him in an HOH. He actually depends on the strong women surrounding him to win comps. So for that, I do respect him, even though it seems insane that that's what this game has come to, for me. Respecting a man for respecting women.

I dislike Austin and find him physically repugnant, but I thought it was funny when Liz was HOH, and Austin said that made him the first lady - and he's fine with that.

ETA:  Did Austin really say he asked Liz to be his girlfriend to "protect" her?  Protect her from what?

ETA:  Last time, promise:  I also appreciated that when Vanessa admitted to Austin she may back door him, instead of screaming and pounding his chest like King Kong, he pulled off his glasses and whined.  I can appreciate the beta males.

Edited by RedheadZombie
  • Love 6

I don't blame her if she does it, but it will still be funny if Vanessa becomes HoH this week and then doesn't nominate any of the Austwins. I don't think she SHOULD for her own game, but it would just be funny to hear her explain to Steve and the newly returned HG why it made sense to nominate them and not the Austwins after a week of "You guys, we all have to nominate them!"

When did this happen?  Is there really any hope of anyone targeting the Austwins at this point?

ETA: Did Austin really say he asked Liz to be his girlfriend to "protect" her? Protect her from what?

I don't know if he used the word "protect", but they did allude to him having a girlfriend before entering The House and how he didn't want to make it like she was the other woman - that it was more serious than that. I would guess he's trying to protect her from public opinion because the woman usually gets it worse than the man (though I'm not so sure in this case). Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

Anyone who will put up Liz and Austin together will be my new BB hero, really.

Me TOOOOOOOO-uh!!!!

ETA:  Last time, promise:  I also appreciated that when Vanessa admitted to Austin she may back door him, instead of screaming and pounding his chest like King Kong, he pulled off his glasses and whined.  I can appreciate the beta males.

HA! HA!!!!

• Love 3

Interesting. So Vanessa had a quick conversation with Steve. She wants to continue to act like she's mad at him because she doesn't want the Austwins to know she's actually close to Steve. She doesn't want the Austwins to break up her and Steve in the same way they've broken up John and Steve.  She also said that she doesn't know if she trusts John, and that he's telling her shit to see if she tells the Austwins. She said best case scenario is that John comes back as the Returning HG. Vanessa is definitely trying to set up a scenario where she has a couple of numbers vs. the Austwins, despite telling them Final 4.

• Love 6

Interesting. So Vanessa had a quick conversation with Steve. She wants to continue to act like she's mad at him because she doesn't want the Austwins to know she's actually close to Steve. She doesn't want the Austwins to break up her and Steve in the same way they've broken up John and Steve.  She also said that she doesn't know if she trusts John, and that he's telling her shit to see if she tells the Austwins. She said best case scenario is that John comes back as the Returning HG. Vanessa is definitely trying to set up a scenario where she has a couple of numbers vs. the Austwins, despite telling them Final 4.

Hm. This is the only way I thought her Steve feud would work, but I don't know if Steve would really go for it at this point. What was his reaction? It's a really good idea. I have so little faith in Steve, though, that I figure he'll go running back to the Austwins to report at any minute.

• Love 2

Hm. This is the only way I thought her Steve feud would work, but I don't know if Steve would really go for it at this point. What was his reaction? It's a really good idea. I have so little faith in Steve, though, that I figure he'll go running back to the Austwins to report at any minute.

Steve seemed very receptive and said he thought she was faking being mad at him from the beginning. She said no, she really was mad, but she's over it now, and they need each other.

I think Steve knows that he's going to need at least a number or two to break that threesome, so he doesn't have much of a choice. He's gotta choose Vanessa or the Austwins, for this eventual battle. And if he chooses the Austwins, he's the 4th wheel.

John is currently spilling EVERYTHING right now to Vanessa.

ETA: Okay, so Vanessa (per her conversation with Steve) doesn't know how to deal with JMac and if he's lying or truthful, so she didn't say much in her conversation with him. But he talked A LOT. He said that Austin told him if anyone but Vanessa wins veto, she's getting backdoored, and that if Vanessa wins veto, he'll tell her to use it and put up James. JMac also told her that Austin is trying to put all the blame of not using the veto on her, and that as of this week, as far as John knows, the Austwins were still planning on BDing her.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Steve seemed very receptive and said he thought she was faking being mad at him from the beginning. She said no, she really was mad, but she's over it now, and they need each other.

I think Steve knows that he's going to need at least a number or two to break that threesome, so he doesn't have much of a choice. He's gotta choose Vanessa or the Austwins, for this eventual battle. And if he chooses the Austwins, he's the 4th wheel.

John is currently spilling EVERYTHING right now to Vanessa.

ETA: Okay, so Vanessa (per her conversation with Steve) doesn't know how to deal with JMac and if he's lying or truthful, so she didn't say much in her conversation with him. But he talked A LOT. He said that Austin told him if anyone but Vanessa wins veto, she's getting backdoored, and that if Vanessa wins veto, he'll tell her to use it and put up James. JMac also told her that Austin is trying to put all the blame of not using the veto on her, and that as of this week, as far as John knows, the Austwins were still planning on BDing her.

I also have so little faith in Vanessa that I don't trust she won't blow up at the Austwins before Thursday. So much information, so many people to corner! How long until she goes into information overdrive? 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 4

I also have so little faith in Vanessa that I don't trust she won't blow up at the Austwins before Thursday. So much information, so many people to corner! How long until she goes into information overdrive? 

She laid in bed about 10 minutes afterwards, and then suddenly popped up out of bed and said she had an idea, and then proceeded to go outside and stand around staring at everyone.

Her brain has to be going 100 mph right now.

• Love 1

So, John said he think he could get James' and Meg's votes and wants Vanessa to flip with them. She said the twins expect her to vote with them and he thinks it could be a "last minute" thing. 

The thing is, what if Steve comes back? Then she's screwed. I already think the returning juror (unless it's John) will be her demise. Which is a shame because I really think her and Shelli were a very strong team. I'd like to see them reunited, but I think they'll just distract from the Austwins until it's too late.

• Love 2

She'd probably beat Meg... and it's looking more and more like Meg WILL be in the F2 at this point. A Julia/Meg F2 would probably be the most boring F2 of any combination of HGs left.

Dunno.

Meg, at least, has one BotB win and one successful eviction survival on her BB resume.

To the best of my recollection, Julia's is still totally blank.

ETA: P. S.: My "Dunno" was solely directed toward the proposition that Julia would probably beat Meg.

I am in total agreement with the second statement.

Watching my own toenails grow would be an entertainment extravaganza compared to a Meg/Julia F2.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

I am practically giddy at the thought of Steve/John and Vanessa talking to James and Meg and bringing in the returning juror, who I hope will be Steve/John, to get Austin and the twins.  John - who loves anarchy and chaos, per his political discussion with Steve earlier - wins HOH and nominates Austin and Julia.  If Liz wins the veto, who will she pick?  That would be fun to watch.

And what would be the most interesting Final 2?  

I'm interested in any final 2 combination that doesn't include Austwins - I want all three of them in the jury so there's no familial or sexual ties to either nominee.

Giddy I tell ya - giddy.

• Love 9

I already think the returning juror (unless it's John) will be her demise. Which is a shame because I really think her and Shelli were a very strong team. I'd like to see them reunited, but I think they'll just distract from the Austwins until it's too late.

I think Jackie is the only one who'd 100% target Vanessa over the Austwins. It will take one conversation with Vanessa to bring Shelli on board the Evict Austwins train. Becky seems to want Liz gone. And John wants to bathe in Austin's blood.

But unless someone is willing to make a huge move, or the Juror wins HOH, I think it'll be Steve and the Juror on the block. It's the easiest least bloody option.

• Love 4

This is why I'm so glad that Vanessa doesn't bother me as much as she does other feedsters (and I am in no way faulting those who say she's annoying and can't watch her because I completely understand that viewpoint), but this kind of gameplay discussion and scheming and back and forth is feeds GOLD to me.

I would squee over a possible alliance with any combination of Vanessa/Steve/JMac/Becky/Shelli (maybe bringing James and Meg in) to take out the Austwins. I know it won't happen, but right now the possibilities are making me, as Vicky said above, giddy.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 5

I predicted this move many pages ago.

• Love 2

I've also seen people (not here, that I can remember) hate Vanessa for being a liar, and in the same breath applaud James for breaking his word to Clay and Shelli.

I have no problem with any of them lying; my dislike for Vanessa is because of her constant interrogation of everyone, making accusations, and thinking they all owe her, as well as her painting herself as a victim.  And she goes over the same shit over and over and over again....never shuts the hell up!  

Just like last season they ripped Christine to shreds about the Cody situation. But Austin having a girlfriend is basically forgotten about

I think Austin is an ass for the way he has handled having a girlfriend when he entered the house and getting it on with Liz.  However, we don’t know how long he had this girlfriend and how serious their relationship was.  He can’t be compared with Christine because she was married.  No, she didn’t go as far as Austin and Liz, but her behavior was, nonetheless, much worse because she couldn’t keep her hands off Cody and didn’t seem to care how it was affecting her poor husband.   

• Love 10

I have no problem with any of them lying; my dislike for Vanessa is because of her constant interrogation of everyone, making accusations, and thinking they all owe her, as well as her painting herself as a victim. And she goes over the same shit over and over and over again....never shuts the hell up!

I think Austin is an ass for the way he has handled having a girlfriend when he entered the house and getting it on with Liz. However, we don’t know how long he had this girlfriend and how serious their relationship was. He can’t be compared with Christine because she was married. No, she didn’t go as far as Austin and Liz, but her behavior was, nonetheless, much worse because she couldn’t keep her hands off Cody and didn’t seem to care how it was affecting her poor husband.

I'm less talking about how the fans/twitter are taking it, and more how CBS is portraying it.

I will say this, though. Despite Austin grossing me out, physically and in re: some weird possesive things he's said about Liz, I do like that he's never tried to go after women in the game, and that he has no problem being part of an alliance with all women. 

I agree completely. Even though Austin grosses me out, I admire many of his views. I've watched him (weeks ago) talking about his progressive views about life issues in general so I can't hate him. If he and Liz never hooked up he would be a favorite of mine. 

I have no problem with any of them lying; my dislike for Vanessa is because of her constant interrogation of everyone, making accusations, and thinking they all owe her, as well as her painting herself as a victim.  And she goes over the same shit over and over and over again....never shuts the hell up!

I don't think she really thinks anyone owes her.  It is a strategic approach which has helped her thus far, certainly!

• Love 3

Vanessa just asked everyone what classic BB comps would be coming up that they haven't done yet (log roll, egg comp, days comp). I think she's quietly weighing the pros and cons of keeping John over Steve.

The thing is, she would have to 1000% trust Meg and James to vote out Steve, because if she's the only one, she's fucked and exposed to ALL sides of the house, and everyone will want her out. And Meg and James are very dumb, I don't know that they'd be up for legitimately teaming up with Vanessa to take out the Austwins. She'd have to pitch it really well, but also try to walk a line without saying too much in case Meg and James tattle on her. Which is entirely possible.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

Ah, the lovers spat. Liz is sleeping downstairs because Austin is "rude" in how he spoke to her earlier and because he doesn't know how to clean. There was some sort of kerfuffle over Austin being a dictator during the picture taking earlier today. Julia is under orders not to say anything to Austin about it, unless he asks where she is, and then she can say that Liz is sleeping downstairs in the comic/cheese room.

ETA: Listening to him apologize to her and her respond is like listening to two pre-teen girls making up after an argument. "I'm sorry, jeez." "Well, okay." "Okay, sorry."

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2

I do think there is something to be said about the view of men versus women in the show, but it's hard to put a finger on it.

I actually think the best example this season, though, is John. All around clueless, but doesn't get the standard "bimbo" edit reserved for females. In fact, I think Julia gets a lot of the "she's useless" commentary, even from feed watchers, that should be reserved for him.

I think it's a little difficult too. I remember last year there was so much more animosity and outright hatred expressed for Derrick and no one thought it was because he was a man. He actually played a pretty inoffensive game, but he was hated for being boring, phony, and talking too much about playing for his daughter. Sometimes people don't like other people just because. People didn't like his style of play.

I've seen lots of comments about John not understanding the game and basically that he is useless if not actually using that word. I'd say Meg gets most of the "useless" commentary. But at least John and Meg have some entertainment value. For me, at least.

Finally! It could be Vanessa/Steve versus Austwins/James/Meg and the returning juror next week. I don't see her changing the nominations this week though - it's too risky with the twins controlling the votes and the power in numbers they'll have from here on out.

I'd say she has to stay calm, make up and act like she forgives them, but I don't know if she has it in her to let things go. But now she has a REASON to throw the Austwins UTB next week whether she has HOH or not.

Which is better for one of the underdogs to win? Getting an Austwin out or getting Vanessa out? I mean, I'd love for Austin to go because I really really dislike him on nearly every level, but that simply solidifies Van with the twins.

John just told Vanessa that if he goes he'll hold no grudges against her if he comes back and that he'll 100% vote for her in jury. I can't imagine a worse thing to say to someone while campaigning.

Isn't that the best way to motivate Vanessa to put John on the jury? This is what happened to Nicole when she was praising Derrick. (The sadness still lingers)

• Love 4

This. So much this. John is not much more game savvy than Victoria and yet he is the fan fave and Victoria was made fun of daily online. And I agree that this is the best example of the sexism. 

I have no problem with any of them lying; my dislike for Vanessa is because of her constant interrogation of everyone, making accusations, and thinking they all owe her, as well as her painting herself as a victim.  And she goes over the same shit over and over and over again....never shuts the hell up!

+1.

• Love 3

Right, thow that out multiple times and you are still the most rootable guy in the house per the internets, Vanessa uses douchebag once and is an abusive bully, using her evil manipulative tears. However can anyone in that house defend themselves against overbearing emotions?!

I excused him the use of the C word under the notion that the usage alone is not a good gauge of a person's character. Words are just that to some people. They use them regardless of its meaning.

However, I've had the opportunity to observe him with less people in the house, and I've decided James is petty, prone to confrontation with and suffers from little man syndrome. More than that, he is a self righteous holier than thou who thinks his actions are totally justified.

I was rooting for him going after Shay but the guy DID go back on his word hours after he gave it. It is totally fine given how hateful his targets were but he holds a grudge like none other should be perceive a slight to him.

He is so far up Austwins' assholes, it rivals Johnny Mac's Shay servitude.

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 1

smack smack HORK

It's time for the afternoon makeout session in the HoH room. Fair warning to anyone who is about to turn on the feeds.

Right before they went up to HOH, Liz and Austin in comic/cheese room being all cutesy on their old bed.  They get up to go upstairs and as soon as the door closes, John pops his head out from under his covers and looks at the camera and pseudo sticks his finger down his throat to say "gag me" (time 3:33), then goes back to sleep. Funniest moment out of him in past few days.

• Love 12

Oh, Vanessa. She ratted out John to the Austwins, but her plan is to get John and Austwins to have a public rivalry, and keep him and actually team up. This is the plan to get them to keep John? It's a stretch and too risky for the Austwins to go for.

But she is covering her bases in case John is just trying to set her up and play her. I don't think he was, but I could see how she'd wonder that.

Liz says she's done with him.

And her extra plan is for them to test James' and Meg's loyalty to see if they rat out John to the Austwins like she did. I guess she's hoping they fail so that they have their REASON to cut them next week.

ETA: Liz: "Let's not tell Julia. She's gonna be a pit bull down there and attack him." 

Edited by mooses
  • Love 2

Is Vanessa lying to Austin and Liz?  Do you think she'll really go with John and try to get out Austwins?  I can't tell anymore.

I don't like that she keeps telling Austin and Liz that she's 100% with them and will continue to be.

I want her to be setting up a 'get Austin and the twins' plan.  If she is - this is pretty great.  If not - I'm sad.

Most of these plans wouldn't work if the Austwins weren't so easily moved from side to side.

Edited by Vicky
  • Love 1

I'm wondering if Vanessa is putting a multi-layer plan in place. It sells the Austwins on her "loyalty", and she's on the "outs" with Steve and John. If she campaigns for John to Meg and James and they sell her out she knows for a fact that they are all working together otherwise why wouldn't they vote to keep John who'd target the Austwins over Steve who'd likely target them? She has to know going F4 with the Austwins is a death knell and the Brass Tacks alliance is a farce. I don't know, I'll see by tomorrow how things spin out because this is going to blow up in some way in the next 24 hours. Hopefully Vanessa knows what she's doing.

• Love 2

Is Vanessa lying to Austin and Liz?  Do you think she'll really go with John and try to get out Austwins?  I can't tell anymore.

I'm pretty sure she's trying to feel out her options and keep things open without putting herself at risk with the Austwins. 

If word gets out that she spoke to John, from John telling the Austwins or from John telling Meg/James that Vanessa's on board and them telling the Austwins, she won't look bad because she ratted first.

If James/Meg fail the loyalty test, she puts distrust between them and the Austwins. Plus, if they go for John's plan, she will know and be able to decide to vote with them since she's trying to be the "inside girl."

If they pass the loyalty test, it's all a wash and she ends up exactly where she is - with maybe more trust with the Austwins because she came to them about John.

Austin and Liz are iffy about this plan because they don't want him talking to the Goblins, but Vanessa really pushing the loyalty test. This could blow up in her face if they think it's fishy she's pushing that aspect, but it's less risky then trusting John or James/Meg to keep their mouths shut.

ETA: It could also blow up if the Austwins get tired of Vanessa making them think so hard and getting in the way of their fun with the Goblins.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

OK, so I finally got HBO two weeks ago because Hard Knocks is featuring the Texans this season, and as a devoted Texans fan, I had to watch it (it's about an NFL team training camp for those people who don't follow silly football stuff).

I realized that now that I have HBO, I can watch all of Game of Thrones. So for the past 8 days, I have watched the first two seasons. Why does this matter? Because it has bled into my subconscious, and now all I can think of when watching the feeds is how lame and passive these people are, and then rooting for certain heads to be on stakes. And whoever shows up with any dragons - and I'm including Vanessa in this - has my undying loyalty until the end.

My mind is fucked up right now, is what I'm saying, and I can't even deal with these people.

Reminds me that I always want to refer to BB fans who don't follow the feeds as "the unsullied" (who you'll meet in season 3, Katesus7).  That's what those who have read the books call those who only watch the show over on the GOT forums.  It sometimes seems even more appropriate here as I actually do feel sullied by some of the shit I hear that goes on in that house. 

• Love 4

Just on a personal level, I'm disappointed that Vanessa ratted out John to the Austwins, but on a game level, I understand what she's doing. It would have been entirely too risky for her to attempt to not only betray Steve (and risk him coming back) but betray the Austwins too. And she'd be putting her trust in three people (James, Meg, and John) who've not only not been aligned with her but have been actively plotting her eviction.

I do think she's still potentially setting something up for a clash in the future with her/Steve/Returning HG vs. the Austwins.

• Love 1

Vanessa is talking to John again (and now she doesn't look suspicious to the Austwins when they speak), and giving him a couple tips on what the Austwins are thinking in terms of John versus Steve.

John says: "What's the read from the poker player?"
Vanessa: "Well, I'm notoriously bad at reading people in this game..."

little self awareness. Progress. 

Poor John is now Vanessa's sounding board to vent about the last couple weeks. He's probably like, great, just evict me now.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1