Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

"I don't care, whoever puts us up against each other, you are not getting my jury vote. I don't care if you're up against Meg, you will not get my vote." -- Liz, talking to Julia

And that basically sums up why no one will go after the Austwins. The returning HG is the only hope, because they have nothing to lose.

If that's how she wants it...

that would be Austin vs Liz, vote out Liz.

Julia vs Austin, vote out Austin

Julia vs anyone, vote out Julia

"I don't care, whoever puts us up against each other, you are not getting my jury vote. I don't care if you're up against Meg, you will not get my vote." -- Liz, talking to Julia.  And that basically sums up why no one will go after the Austwins.

I understand there has to be jury management, but it is a 9 person jury.  Also, this argument always strikes me as "you can make it to the end, but I'll try to make sure you don't win when I am on jury, or you can just let me win."  Honestly whoever broke up the trio probably earns a lot of the remaining votes of the nonAustwins who end up on jury.

• Love 4

There's something off-putting about the way Steve asks people to play chess with him. Like, I get it, dude. There's nothing to do in the house, there's people who can actually play chess this season, but the way he constantly bugs them and repeats himself until someone gives in and says all right is just kind of annoying. If they say no the first four times, don't try a fifth time. Just say all right and try again later. Yeesh.

The problem is that they're a 3-vote block. Which means whoever you're in the finals with only has to sway 2 votes. That's it, and you lose.

True, but if you let a three-person alliance get too far, you lose without a shot at getting second place money. What one really should worry about shouldn't be jury votes, it's making sure that if you take a shot and get the first one out, you have enough votes in the house to absorb a potential strike back from the other two.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

Has the cast always been so self-aware regarding how they're portrayed, or is this fallout from the racist season, and the Christine hate?  Austin seems obsessed with John's excessive DRs and what that implies, and Liz whines that the DR hates her because they haven't called her in to ask her about Zingbot.  Yet they say things like, "just between you and me" (as if the cameras aren't there), and Liz seems to think if she keeps her back to the camera, she'll look like she's sleeping during a makeout session.

They're always like that. And I think 'just between you and me' just means don't tell the other players this.

Why is it assumed there's no chance Meg wins?  If she lucked into an accidental win or two, isn't that almost on par with Jordan?  I think Jordan won because she was likable, non-offensive, and was sitting next to a snake.  Not to take anything away from Jordan - I was happy to see her win.  It could be argued that spending that much time in that house of horrors without pissing anyone off is a strategy.

Jordan was helped by picking someone who was pretty hated to go to the end with. Meg won't have that luxury. I don't really think there's anyone left that's hated enough that people would vote for Meg, who has done nothing, to win. But yea if she wins some comps at the end and manages to take out some big players then she could have a shot. I think there's about a .1% chance of that happening though.

"I don't care, whoever puts us up against each other, you are not getting my jury vote. I don't care if you're up against Meg, you will not get my vote." -- Liz, talking to Julia

Liz says a lot of shit and then contradicts herself minutes later. She'll end up voting for whoever everyone else is voting for.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

There's something off-putting about the way Steve asks people to play chess with him. Like, I get it, dude. There's nothing to do in the house, there's people who can actually play chess this season, but the way he constantly bugs them and repeats himself until someone gives in and says all right is just kind of annoying. If they say no the first four times, don't try a fifth time. Just say all right and try again later. Yeesh.

This reminds me. After the blowup and veto ceremony, apparently Steve asked Vanessa if he could shake her hand or something strange like that. Similar to how he always asks for hugs, specifically how he wanted one from Meg right after he evicted Jackie. And it's starting to bother people when he does that now.

I know he can't read social cues, but just use some common sense dude.

• Love 1

One thing I don't understand, the twins are acting like Vanessa is the swing vote this week.  In reality they are working with James/Meg, so isn't Vanessa's vote irrelevant? 

Austin thinks Meg and James will vote with them. The twins think that James and Meg, in terms of their own game, would be dumb to keep Steve over JMac, which is true.

Vanessa is somehow exhausting and infuriating while at the same time absolutely amazing and iconic.

Thanks for posting that! Man, Vanessa and her "buh-bye" was pretty funny. She's the one person in this cast I'm sure will get invited for All-Stars just because she's a memorable character, whether you love her or hate her. I would have loved to see Steve press Austin a little harder, but I guess he couldn't because, if he pisses off Austin, he pisses off the twins.

And Meg just lying there is perfect.

Austin wants to have a house meeting and make Johnny Mac swear in front of everyone to throw the HOH competition in return for their votes.

And if he promises and then wins? What then, big boy?

Do it, Austin! Do it!

• Love 5

In watching the feeds, I feel Steve turned on Vanessa way before she turned on him. I can see why she would be personally hurt by Steve's actions.

these were my own personal impressions - are they incorrect?:

• V made the first antagonistic move of the pair during James' HoH. James had won HoH, nom'ed Shelli and Clay, then won PoV. V didn't want to lose either Shelli or Clay, so she lobbied James to take one off and put up a replacement nom as a "pawn" to guarantee the remaining Clelli half would be evicted while minimizing BOTH* - after which, of course, V planned to lobby hard to turn the pawn into a sacrificial lamb and preserve Clelli. Steve was one of the names V threw out as potential pawn.
  • Steve remained steadfast, however, until the next week - in the first few days of BBecky's springing her intended BD trap on Vanessa and putting V on the block next to Shelli. In the early days of that BD attempt V looked like a sure fire goner, and Steve was concerned about the future of his association with V. Even then Steve didn't outright turn on V - but when V asked Steve to guarantee his vote for her to stay at eviction, he waffled and said it would depend on how the House was voting. It was a logical game move, and as it turned out Steve did vote to keep Vanessa - but at the time V saw Steve's waffling as a personal betrayal. At which point an enraged V set out to blow up Steve's game to anyone who would listen.
  • Since all that, Steve and V have remained associated; however, their association has never regained anything near its former stability. Personally, I think V only sees her association with Steve as a facade to control Steve; she no longer has any problem whatsoever throwing Steve UTB whenever it suits her. Likewise - since V's latest successful push to have Steve play the role of ???Pawn???, Steve now appears to have little or no problem throwing V's name out there, although he has much less opportunity to do so.

But do James and Meg see themselves on the outside? Can Steve convince them?

IMHO the Happy Campers see themselves as lampreys firmly attached to the jaw of the shark known as Carcharodon austwinia, and have no plans to attempt dislodging themselves at this point in time.

• Love 11

The problem is that they're a 3-vote block. Which means whoever you're in the finals with only has to sway 2 votes. That's it, and you lose.

Unless you take one of them to F2 - at which point they're a 2-vote block. Anybody think Julia - who's never won HoH, never won PoV, and never survived the Block - could garner 3 more votes against anyone else in the House? :)

• Love 3

Unless you take one of them to F2 - at which point they're a 2-vote block. Anybody think Julia - who's never won HoH, never won PoV, and never survived the Block - could garner 3 more votes against anyone else in the House? :)

She'd probably beat Meg... and it's looking more and more like Meg WILL be in the F2 at this point. A Julia/Meg F2 would probably be the most boring F2 of any combination of HGs left.

• Love 1

Dear Production,

No matter what's happening in the house, even if everyone else is sleeping, we still don't want to see Austin and Liz making out in the HoH bed and the resulting heavy breathing. Steve picking his nose would be an improvement even.

Thanks,
The Live Feed Watchers

• Love 12

these were my own personal impressions - are they incorrect?:

I thought that Vanessa was throwing Steve's name out with the full intention of saving him and letting Clay go.  She had an alliance with Shelli and Steve - Clay was incidental.  I think she would have continued to protect him at that point.  

Even still - Vanessa claims she doesn't take things personally and whatever happens is part of the game.  What did she think would happen?  One of them had to turn on the other at some point.  That's how the game is played.  Steve started to make the move first and forgot to remember the flip-floppy nature of Austin and the twins.  

At this point, I can't tell if these people believe their lies, if I'M mistaken about my recollection of events, or if they're all very aware of what they're saying and how they're saying it.  Considering how Vanessa spoke to Steve in the Have Not room when no one else was present, my hope for a 'behind the scenes' plot to overthrow Austin and the twins has taken a beating.  Steve and Vanessa were my last hope for something sneaky going on.

• Love 4

Dear Production,

No matter what's happening in the house, even if everyone else is sleeping, we still don't want to see Austin and Liz making out in the HoH bed and the resulting heavy breathing. Steve picking his nose would be an improvement even.

Thanks,

The Live Feed Watchers

Dear Twitter updaters,

STOP posting photographic evidence of said making out.

Thanks,

Non-feeders looking for non-gross updates

• Love 7

IMHO the Happy Campers see themselves as lampreys firmly attached to the jaw of the shark known as Carcharodon austwinia, and have no plans to attempt dislodging themselves at this point in time.

Stellar, I want to lick your brain.

• Love 2

Oh, God. Finger-Gate is happening again, judging from how those blankets are moving. 

ETA: Aaaand it was over before it could truly begin, because Liz was "too hot" and rolled away. Either that or Austin was the recipient of the quickest handjob that didn't end in a happy ending ever. But there was far too much movement going on. Why am I still watching? It's like watching a trainwreck happen right in front of you. You can't look away.

Edited by Callaphera

Dear Twitter updaters,

STOP posting photographic evidence of said making out.

Thanks,

Non-feeders looking for non-gross updates

You want the updates, you pays the price (in ways other than paying for the feeds)!!!!! Lord, we are paying for feeds and have to shut them down!!!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

You want the updates, you pays the price (in ways other than paying for the feeds)!!!!!

Fair enough, but how in the hell do you people stomach that?? I can't even look at pictures without getting physically ill. 

Aaaand there is now a close up of Austin's FINGERS after Liz rolled over and went to sleep. I'm blocking all of Twitter.

Fair enough, but how in the hell do you people stomach that?? I can't even look at pictures without getting physically ill. 

Aaaand there is now a close up of Austin's FINGERS after Liz rolled over and went to sleep. I'm blocking all of Twitter.

In my defense, I have the headphones on and was doing something else when I realized that it was suspiciously quiet on the feeds. I thought maybe it had frozen and just as I was going back to that tab, I heard the smack smack of a makeout session. And then suddenly I was horrified and couldn't look away. I was already heading to the store to get more wine tonight, but now I'm considering something stronger. 

Also, if that's as good as it gets? I expect Liz to be moving onto someone new at the wrap party. Like Jeff. 

• Love 2

As annoying as Austin can be, I have much more of a problem with Liz. Despite her recent pronouncements in the diary room, she seems to be fairly turned off by him. Which is really crappy. I didn't like when Boogie used Erica and I don't think this is right either.

In other news, while Vanessa would drive me nuts if I had to live with her, I hope she wins. She's playing one of the strongest games any woman has played in this house in years.

• Love 4

Ever since Liz became HOH a couple weeks ago - I've been getting my updates on Joker's and don't look at the feeds unless I know Liz and Austin are NOT doing their...stuff.  It's a lot more peaceful and much less cringe-inducing for me that way.

Liz will dump Austin's ass on finale night (I'll bet $$ that in her post game interviews she will say she's looking forward to being "good friends" with him, and probably that's how he'll first find out she's not interested in more). I think this will happen despite who the winner turns out to be. She just wants to get through this game. 

Just my take of course, but this scenario seems very likely to me...

• Love 2

I thought that Vanessa was throwing Steve's name out with the full intention of saving him and letting Clay go.  She had an alliance with Shelli and Steve - Clay was incidental.  I think she would have continued to protect him at that point.

Agreed she was in no way really plotting to get him out, she wanted Clay gone, and what do you know Clay left. It's on her though that she didn't go to him and let him know what she did and why, but Steve's also not Danielle from BB14 who just accepted whatever Dan threw at her, he'd freak the fuck out so I can also understand why she didn't choose to be forthright *after the fact* would have served better than to not own up at all.

Whereas Steve cut her loose, the first chance he had and formed a new side option in John for some fucking reason (seriously who looks at John v. Vanessa and thinks John will help them out more?).

• Love 1

Whereas Steve cut her loose, the first chance he had and formed a new side option in John for some fucking reason (seriously who looks at John v. Vanessa and thinks John will help them out more?).

I think Steve is a little threatened by Vanessa in the long-term. She's just as if not smarter than he is, intellectually, and she has a better social game than both he and JMac (though, still not good). I don't think Steve believes he could beat Vanessa in a final 2, because he respects her gameplay and manipulation skills. While a final 2 with Johnny Mac would be a lot closer in Steve's favor.

My dream scenario would be Steve is evicted, Becky comes back into the house, and teams up with John to evict the Austwins. I can't believe things have changed so much that I'm actively rooting for both Becky and John. Big Brother does crazy things to my brain.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

It looks like they are keeping Steve though.

I called it a "dream scenario".

But, I don't think they're for sure keeping Steve yet. They keep going back and forth. Austin and Vanessa I think want Steve to go, the Twins want JMac out. They'll have an AA meeting sometime between now and then to decide, but these people go back and forth so many times, they have almost 3 entire days to go round and round about it.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

But, I don't think they're for sure keeping Steve yet. They keep going back and forth. Austin and Vanessa I think want Steve to go, the Twins want JMac out. They'll have an AA meeting sometime between now and then to decide, but these people go back and forth so many times, they have almost 3 entire days to go round and round about it.

I think they'll end on keeping Steve. The twins want it, which could be enough to convince Austin. On top of that, Vanessa wants Steve gone, and I don't think Austin will let her get what she wants - if only to prove she's not running his HOH.

Edited by mooses
  • Love 1

I think they'll end on keeping Steve. The twins want it, which could be enough to convince Austin. On top of that, Vanessa wants Steve gone, and I don't think Austin will let her get what she wants - if only to prove she's not running his HOH.

Yeah, I think it'll ultimately be that Steve stays too. But Austin seemed really into his plan to have a house meeting and make John swear on a Bible to throw the HOH if he stays. I would like to see this house meeting happen, for the lolz.

• Love 4

I think they'll stick with Johnny Mac eviction and Van/Steve will have "cleared the air" by the time the vote rolls around. But I wouldn't say that  Steve was safe today just because of anything the Austwins say because they will for sure cycle through the coin flip 5000 times more before Thursday. If Van still has issues with Steve come Thursday she will try to make it happen anyway to her detriment.

• Love 1

Austin talking about his blog tomorrow:

Austin: "I have a lot of things to say...about the world."

Meg: "Oh, God."
Vanessa: "The world?"

Austin: "I want to know what the ground rules are what I'm allowed to say and not to say about existence."
Vanessa: "Really?!"

Oh boy.

• Love 10

I'm really looking forward to Thursday's eviction. Hopefully, John gets an enormous ovation from the crowd which would drive Austin up a wall. Then just for dramatic reasons, I would like him to come back in the house, win HOH and then drive Austin, The twins & Vanessa crazy all week. That said, I would really prefer to see one of the girls come back because I think they would be more competitive that John could ever be. John has been awesome in the dr but his game has a little to be desired for. I'm still #TeamJohnnyMac though. LOL!!!!

• Love 11

OK, so I finally got HBO two weeks ago because Hard Knocks is featuring the Texans this season, and as a devoted Texans fan, I had to watch it (it's about an NFL team training camp for those people who don't follow silly football stuff).

I realized that now that I have HBO, I can watch all of Game of Thrones. So for the past 8 days, I have watched the first two seasons. Why does this matter? Because it has bled into my subconscious, and now all I can think of when watching the feeds is how lame and passive these people are, and then rooting for certain heads to be on stakes. And whoever shows up with any dragons - and I'm including Vanessa in this - has my undying loyalty until the end.

My mind is fucked up right now, is what I'm saying, and I can't even deal with these people.

• Love 15

Johnny Mac is proposing a deal with Vanessa.  I really wish someone would follow through with a deal with him - he's been betrayed left and right every step of the way.  If he's a secret mastermind or a guy bumbling his way through the game - he keeps trying to put something together (and then strangely sabotaging his own efforts).

I need to see Vanessa talk about what she plans to do to evict Austin and the twins.  I'm losing faith.  

Johnny Mac has the plan - he just needs to stay and have Vanessa on board.  

This is my new hope.

• Love 2

That was the smartest move that John's made so far, not only saying admitting that he's been after her in the past but that he wants to be her #1 going forward. I think that's the only argument that would make Vanessa want to keep him. 

• Love 3

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the evicted HG is automatically going to be evicted immediately again. They can win HOH and Veto, or they can try to team up and get others out. Judd did it in BB15, when they formed the Exterminators. I think he lasted through 4 more evictions after he came back.

Amy from season three lasted until the final four.  If I remember right (Someone with a better memory can correct me if I am wrong.) there was a pact to get out the returning houseguest right away but for some reason it fell through (Once again I do not remember why).  So yes I agree it is not a foregone conclusion that the evicted houseguest will be out the door right away.  Especially with the people that are in the house this season.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 2

The thing is that Vanessa wanting to keep John could ultimately make the Austwins want to get rid of him. They want to ensure that they are not targets. If they feel like Steve is more likely to target Vanessa than them, that's great. If Vanessa pushes for John to stay the Austwins may realize that she's doing it because it's better for her. It seems unlikely but Austin did refuse to backdoor James because he realized that it greatly helped Vanessa's game while hurting his. It's not impossible that he could realize the same thing here.

Also, James told Meg that he wants John evicted. James knows that endurance/physical comps are his strength and he said that John is the only person in the house with a prayer at beating James in those. The kind of comps that Steve is good at are the kind James knows he can't win anyway. Meg seemed pretty ambivilent about John vs. Steve but will ultimately do whatever James wants.

This week is very interesting. There is no clear target and I suspect we're going to see a lot of flip-flopping. I'm leaning towards Steve being evicted because Vanessa wants him gone and she's the only one with a really strong opinion. The others seem pretty ambivilent and therefore will be easily swayed. But it wouldn't surprise me to see JMac go either.

Edited by bobthefrog
  • Love 4

Noticing several bits from Joker's this evening:

----------

Tue 12:18 AM BBT Van: "As a Big Brother fan, I feel like maybe you'll actually listen. It was douchy. You did my so dirty." Steve: "I agree."

Tue 12:25 AM BBT Vanessa prods Steve about whether he feels like a douchebag about certain things. Steve people-pleasingly agrees he's a douche.

Tue 12:30 AM BBT Vanessa says the "really funny part about this is that you f*cked yourself completely" by "scheming heavily." Steve: "Sounds like I earned it."

----------

Anybody else notice a striking resemblance to a certain Jace/Steve conversation a while back?

• Love 3

Vanessa is definitely the best bluffer, actress and bullshitter when it comes to her "alliance" trying to get her out. I love how all 4 Scampers wanted to "smooth things" over with her in the backyard. All 4 of them were gulity as hell.

Steve only wants to stick with Austwins because he wants to hide behind them and he wants to go back having the best position in the house. Wont happen. He lost both his final 2 deals with Vanessa and John and now they want to work together to desytoy Austwins.

Vanessa also revealed that Clelli told her (which is a lie) that Liz was the hinky vote to keep Jeff. She said this in case Becky returns and shes covering for her.

Becky was the one who told Vanessa during her second hoh. Both Steve and Liz showed signs of deception and betrayal early with their Jeff votes.

Whatever happens Thursday is going to be interesting. I really dont want Jackie or Shelli to return. It has to be John or Becky for me.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Vanessa also revealed that Clelli told her (which is a lie) that Liz was the hinky vote to keep Jeff. She said this in case Becky returns and shes covering for her.

Becky was the one who told Vanessa during her second hoh. Both Steve and Liz showed signs of deception and betrayal early with their Jeff votes.

She revealed this to John? I hope John talks to people other than Vanessa, his game play is so weird/bad, like if Van came to you you would dismiss her, so he is gonna have to hustle to get at least James/Meg on the train to keep him, and assure the Austwins IF he stays he's totes 100% on their side going forward. 

• Love 1