Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Heh, that probably has as much to do with Austin's fear of retribution as it does with their really nice and reasonably genuine conversation. Van was great but I regrettably have to give Austin props too, I think he's sold on the idea of just getting Johnny Mac out this week and rolling with V one more time, and that this will quell her paranoia and she won't play for Veto.

• Love 1

I truly thought Vanessa had talked herself onto the block and out of the house overnight. Granted, still plenty of time for her to do it via back door this week as she just can't seem to lay low ever.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

Steve doesn't annoy me when he talks about personal stuff, but ugh when he tries to talk game, like he's doing with Austin and Julia, I just wanna yell at him.

• Love 3

Yeah, as of right now, Vanessa's apparently not even a backdoor option. Of course, that could change, but I'm impressed. This once again shows that although she's self-destructive while in power, she's pretty amazingly smooth when her back is against the wall. Maybe when she KNOWS she's in trouble, her paranoia settles down and allows her to think clearly.

If she manages to stay off the block completely this week even without winning POV, I'm 100% rooting for Vanessa to win. I've been hesitant before, but she's straight up Houdini at this point, and I find it exciting to watch. 

• Love 7

Austin has concocted a potential plan where Vanessa wins veto, takes off Steve, and then Austin is "forced" to put up James. That way he gets rid of James, with zero blood on his hands and he can blame it all on Vanessa. 

• Love 3

As much as I hate watching Vanessa with her awful eye makeup and Muppet looking face, I must say that she threw the mike down in her conversation with Austin.

Sadly, like last season with Derrick, Vanessa is winning this game hands down. No need to watch the show or the feeds anymore.

• Love 1

It's no secret that I'm a fan of Vanessa, but I think she gets way more credit than she deserves for gameplay. In the beginning of the game she was great. But then she made herself a target needlessly for 86ing the backdoor Austin plan, and look at where the nasty sasquatch is sitting now. Not only does he seem to be coasting to F3, but he has rewritten history to make Vanessa out to be this evil mastermind who is plotting his demise (a victim of groupthink, I believe) when she SAVED HIM at her own expense and would not go after him until literally everyone but herself and Austwins remain. Even then I think she's smart enough to try to break up the twins first. She knows now (on some level at least) that she's on the outs with him (and by extension, Liz), but she still has bigger fish to fry, IMO. Unless she teams up with the returnee - then there's hope she'll target them, but as things stand now... no.

Point is, Vanessa basically cooked her goose by BDing Jason and then all the backpeddling/fast talking/crying that came afterward when her back was up against the wall. It's ironic because she has actually been one of the most loyal (if not THE most) to her allies this entire game, but no one believes that for a minute because she can't relate to people who don't think the way she does. Again, I like her, but she's not very adaptable (in this environment). And I HATE that she unknowingly strengthened Austin's game in the process. UGH

All that being said, Austin was smart to not nominate her. He DOES know he/twins are not HER imminent target. He knows virtually no one trusts her and as long as she's around she's a shield. He knows John and Steve are potentially dangerous as a duo (moreso than James/Meg, because Meg), and he also knows if he boots Vanessa this week she could walk right back in the door. As much as I'm rooting for her (ADAPT!) I don't see a way she gets near the money and neither does anyone in the house, which is why she shouldn't be a priority, ESPECIALLY for Austwins. I do hope that the returnee is either Shelli (despite what she says I think she and Vanessa can/would team up again) or UGH (can't believe I'm saying this) Basic Becky, because she said she'd try to work with Vanessa to break up Austwins. Jackie would be bad for anyone not named James/Meg. Austin is delusional if he thinks Jackie coming back is good for him (don't know if he told James he wanted Jackie back to blow smoke or if he really believes it's a good idea, but he said that last night).

Anyway sorry for the novel and for being all over the place... I do hope V can pull some shit out but I don't think she kept herself off the block this week any more than I think she saved herself on the block vs Shelli. I didn't hear her convo with Austin but Austin dislikes Steve more than almost anyone and does know he's working with JMac (hence a vote to save him if they're not nommed together, and a potentially formidable duo if they both stay). Also I think despite what he says, Austin is scared of Vanessa. I mean she may have worked him before noms but rarely does a HG change their mind for reals literally five minutes before the ceremony. Now he just has REASONS to take back to James/Meg etc when questioned why she wasn't nominated. 

Edited by yankee1151
  • Love 2

Sadly, like last season with Derrick, Vanessa is winning this game hands down. No need to watch the show or the feeds anymore.

Nah, she's just lucked out that two of her biggest allies still in the house have won the past 2 HOHs. If John or James had won either of them, she'd be gone. She's still all anyone is talking about. Steve wants her out, Meg and James want her out, John wants her out. The Austwins are just using her. Even if she somehow survives her way to the Final 4 or 5 (which I doubt), she's still going to have to win an HOH or veto to propel herself forward another week. She's still alone in the game, unlike the Austwins.

Having said that, she talked to Austin at exactly the right time and said exactly the right things to sway him from putting her up.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 9

Anyway sorry for the novel and for being all over the place... I do hope V can pull some shit out but I don't think she kept herself off the block this week any more than I think she saved herself on the block vs Shelli. I didn't hear her convo with Austin but Austin dislikes Steve more than almost anyone and does know he's working with JMac (hence a vote to save him if they're not nommed together, and a potentially formidable duo if they both stay). Also I think despite what he says, Austin is scared of Vanessa. I mean she may have worked him before noms but rarely does a HG change their mind for reals literally five minutes before the ceremony. Now he just has REASONS to take back to James/Meg etc when questioned why she wasn't nominated. 

You should go back and watch the conversation. It was good. Vanessa actually did a pretty great job, and I think Austin really was on the fence about it, and that particular conversation is what swayed him. She came clean about having James throw BotB, and that's really all Austin wanted to hear. He kind of viewed it as a reverse of what Austin did about lying about the Audrey vote and lying to Vanessa, and then Vanessa didn't go through with putting him up. Plus, she promised him she would not vote out Steve, so he secured the 3 votes he needs to get rid of John.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 6

You should go back and watch the conversation. It was good. Vanessa actually did a pretty great job, and I think Austin really was on the fence about it, and that particular conversation is what swayed him. She came clean about having James throw BotB, and that's really all Austin wanted to hear. He kind of viewed it as a reverse of what Austin did about lying about the Audrey vote and lying to Vanessa, and then Vanessa didn't go through with putting him up. Plus, she promised him she would not vote out Steve, so he secured the 3 votes he needs to get rid of John.

No feeds for me so I can't watch, which is why I rely on you fine peeps for keeping me in the loop. I'll take your word for it though - I'm glad to hear that Vanessa CAN adapt and still has the capacity to be persuasive. Maybe there's hope for her long term. I'd love it. 

Heh, I think Austin was a classic case of "whoever talks to me last, wins". And the one thing Vanessa knows how to do best is talk. And then talk some more. And then use many more words, in case you didn't understand her the first twenty times. I'm sure telling him repeatedly he was her final 2 (which yeah, right) didn't hurt. But that's why she got so frustrated with Becky. Becky would either just shut her down or walk away (which...poor gameplay on Becky's part).

As I am of the opinion that everyone playing this game is actually playing the game (maybe not in a way people like or respect or acknowledge, but I still see everyone playing), I'm just rooting for people I like the most. And that is John, James, Meg and Steve. I keep desperately trying to like the twins, or at least Julia, but I can't get past the voices. That's on me, I'm shallow, but I just can't warm up to them at all.

Oh well, sucks to be me this week, but I'll happily go along hoping for John to win veto up until he doesn't, resulting in me having to slog through another boring week.

• Love 6

I'm very interested to see who the target will be if John wins veto. Julia/Vanessa will push for James. Steve will probably also push for James but maybe Vanessa. Meg/James will push for Vanessa to go up (cause otherwise it's one of them). John will push for Vanessa. And Liz/Austin seem to waver between their final 5s with James/Meg and Steve/Vanessa. It could get very messy.

• Love 2

I'm not examining it from an end-game perspective or what the ripple effects will be, just how much popcorn and wine I can potentially go through this week.

Same. All I ever care about is being entertained. It's especially true now that I don't truly like anyone left.

As I am of the opinion that everyone playing this game is actually playing the game (maybe not in a way people like or respect or acknowledge, but I still see everyone playing) ...

I completely agree. And I love that, even if I hate/don't respect/can't root for the way some of them are playing.

I am just reveling in John being the defacto target right now. Please let that continue and please let him lose veto!

• Love 2

No feeds for me so I can't watch, which is why I rely on you fine peeps for keeping me in the loop. I'll take your word for it though - I'm glad to hear that Vanessa CAN adapt and still has the capacity to be persuasive. Maybe there's hope for her long term. I'd love it. 

Ah. Well they'll definitely show it on Sunday night's episode.

While I still don't think Vanessa is the player the house thinks she is, I do think it's admirable that she's pretty much had to claw her way through week-by-week, starting with James' HOH win 3 weeks ago. I know he was zeroed in on Clelli, but Vanessa was a legit option as well, and there was a moment when he almost BDed her, until he thought better. And then she was the #1 BD target Becky's week. And then she was badmouthed constantly throughout Liz's HOH as needing to go home. I'm not sure I've seen a HG survive this long, after being a #1 target, and without winning a single comp in the meantime to save themselves.

• Love 2

I'm very interested to see who the target will be if John wins veto. Julia/Vanessa will push for James. Steve will probably also push for James but maybe Vanessa. Meg/James will push for Vanessa to go up (cause otherwise it's one of them). John will push for Vanessa. And Liz/Austin seem to waver between their final 5s with James/Meg and Steve/Vanessa. It could get very messy.

Well shit, good points. Maybe I do want John to win veto. LOL anything to cause some drama!

• Love 1

Austin's best bet is to take out James.

He has no chance to beat him in F3 endurance. None of them do.

Austin will be caught I think this week playing all sides of the house, I think, which means his game will be blown.

If the noms stay the same Jmac needs to go. Sorry. Hes offered himself up as a pawn multiple times this season and he does it in F8, like wtf. Time to go.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 7

Austin's best bet is to take out James.

He has no chance to beat him in F3 endurance. None of them do.

He'd also only be angering Meg, and let's be real, an Angry Meg should scare no one.

Also, if James is evicted, and the Juror Comp is a questions one, I think Shelli would likely win anyway, so James isn't much of a threat to come back in that case.

• Love 2

He'd also only be angering Meg, and let's be real, an Angry Meg should scare no one.

Also, if James is evicted, and the Juror Comp is a questions one, I think Shelli would likely win anyway, so James isn't much of a threat to come back in that case.

I want to see Angry Meg just because a light might go on there. I like her as a person a lot, but I want to see her fight instead of, I don't know, sleep.

That said, I like James also, so I'm not really saying I want him gone.

• Love 3

I really wanted Johnny Mac, James or (no way in hell) Meg to win HOH. I can't take the same side in control. It doesn't like Vanessa has anything to worry about backdoor wise. Now, with Johnny Mac & Steve on the block I'm not really sure who the real target is? Back to the feeds. They are eating & yapping. It's funny how no one is fighting at all this season. Everyone gets nominated and is hunky dory. I guess when Vanessa, Austin & the twins are nominated it will be tense but by that time they might be the Final 4. Ugh!

• Love 4

Vanessa is IMO the best player strategically this season, like Derrick was last year. That's where the similarities end to me. No one even considered putting Derrick up last year. Vanessa's been put up and come very close to eviction. As well as she's played, she also can be self-destructive which has kept things far more interesting than they were last year. There's still a lot of game to play and I think the odds of Vanessa winning are less than 50%, whereas with Derrick at this point last year his odds of winning were already approaching 100%

• Love 4

While I still don't think Vanessa is the player the house thinks she is, I do think it's admirable that she's pretty much had to claw her way through week-by-week, starting with James' HOH win 3 weeks ago. I know he was zeroed in on Clelli, but Vanessa was a legit option as well, and there was a moment when he almost BDed her, until he thought better. And then she was the #1 BD target Becky's week. And then she was badmouthed constantly throughout Liz's HOH as needing to go home. I'm not sure I've seen a HG survive this long, after being a #1 target, and without winning a single comp in the meantime to save themselves.

And this is why I find Vanessa's game much, much more enjoyable to watch than Derrick's. Derrick played a much better long-term game. He was almost never seen as a target and when he was, his opponents were taken out before they had a chance to strike. Vanessa fucks up on the regular, which means she has to rely on short-term moves and constant damage control to make it through every week. Much, much more exciting.

• Love 5

I've been binge watching the last season of Homeland over the past week, and it dawned on me that Vanessa is similar to Carrie on that show. Sometimes she's super manic, paranoid, and steamrolls over everyone she comes into contact with, and other times she is brilliantly calm and rational and can talk anyone into doing whatever she wants. And of course she always thinks her own ideas and actions are perfection itself, and is incredulous when people don't agree with her or question her actions. It's fascinating and infuriating to watch.

• Love 2

It's interesting watching & reading Becky's exit interviews. She said she misses Steve the most & would like him to win if she can't. Apparently, Becky didn't/doesn't know Steve hated her pretty much all season and wanted her out of the game. I must have missed her long conversations she had with him in the house. Who knew? LOL!!

• Love 5

They spent most late nights/ early mornings togther.

I've always maintained the suppsoed hatred he he for her is fan made.

He's said his target at DE was Jackie but folks still insist it was Becky.

Go figure.

He had that weird Evil Steve DR which got everyone talking. I wish it wasn't fake - I thought the invisible rivalry was pretty funny.

• Love 2

Maybe Basic Becky has turned into Bitter Becky, and Steve is just the person she hates the least, since she was never friends with him to begin with, so there's no bad blood toward him over her eviction.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 1

I've always maintained the suppsoed hatred he he for her is fan made.

He literally gave a very bizarre OTT insane DR about hating her! And he talked about how much he wanted her out in multiple DRs. It's wasn't a fan made thing at all.

But I'm not surprised to hear she had no idea about it. I think that was clear in the game. She never seemed to share the same animosity towards him that he did towards her. That was what made his intense hatred of her, that was only ever seen in DRs, so bizarre. I guess maybe for some reason he thought she was hated by the public and that saying that stuff in the DR would make him seem cool to the fans.

• Love 2

"I play the game differently than everyone." STFU Vanessa. You're not that fucking special. The truly good players understand that not everyone plays the same way and they're flexible enough to change it up. And if she talks about how loyal she is one more time I'm gonna lose my mind.

I was rooting for her to win veto but then I listened to her talk again and I'm back to not giving a fuck anymore that the Austwins are gonna sail to the end, I need her gone.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5

"I play the game differently than everyone." STFU Vanessa. You're not that fucking special. The truly good players understand that not everyone plays the same way and they're flexible enough to change it up. And if she talks about how loyal she is one more time I'm gonna lose my mind.

I was rooting for her to win veto but then I listened to her talk again and I'm back to not giving a fuck anymore that the Austwins are gonna sail to the end, I need her gone.

Yeah, but then Austin says things like this:

6:18 PM Austin: "Sunday I get my revenge on WWE. They see my entertainment value."

• Love 3

Good point! Can't we just get another DE and get them both out? Actually let's copy off BBCan and do a triple eviction and get John out, too!

Eh, just kick them all out. We can watch the ants fight for supremacy in the house. It might be an improvement. 

• Love 5

I have sadly accepted that Austin & the twins are in the Final 3. Whether Vanessa is there with them is another story. I still think everyone else is too dumb to realize that the real threat is the Austwin & will take Vanessa out first. If that happens it will be hysterical because I think Vanessa sees herself as the virtual winner already.

• Love 5

The last sentence of this has to be the single greatest Joker's post of all time:

Fri 6:52 PM BBT Liz/Austin return to HOHville. She says she was a little bitter when Austin first won HOH because of the pressure, but now she's - AdamAndEvel

happy because they get the room.

Austin says best case scenario is that James or Meg wins the veto. And then they just have to break one egg this week.

They climb under the covers, Liz says "you're so hard" for some reason, and if someone else could take over updates at this point that would be great.

• Love 21

OK, watching the "chocolate wars" right now between Austin and James vs. the twins and Meg, I can totally understand why Austin doesn't want to nominate James/Meg. They are having the best time, and even my cynical ass is laughing at them. Vanessa is freaking exhausting, Steve is awkward, and everyone thinks John is all kinds of other things, but he's also socially awkward. Basically, the people who do not have strong social skills are on the outs right now. Which, while I totally get, as I am socially awkward, a huge part of this game is being social. Which these five playing chocolate wars are, and those three aren't.

• Love 8

So, just checking on the feeds, Liz/Julia talking, they think John/Steve are working together, want John out, want the noms to stay the same; Austin joins, agrees.  All agree to throw POV only so long as John/Steve are out of competition, ideally, they want V to be the one to win veto and keep noms the same. I'm assuming one of John/Steve will win veto:)

Those game thoughts were bookended by Austin: (i) eating tuna salad, which appeared to be him glopping mayo on tuna without mixing it and it was just foul watching him shovelling it into his mouth, while he watched himself shovelling it into his mouth, and (ii) watching (and hearing) Austin aggressively flossing his teeth while talking to Liz/Julia.  I shut down the feeds when it was just him/Liz in bed when I could hear Liz start to scratch his chest. [Edited this last sentence from original post:  because Julia is not Liz and I can't imagine Julia scratching Austin's chest in any way other than an attempt to literally rip his heart out and throw it over the backyard fence.]

Also, apparently prank wars are still going on downstairs.  I think if I was in there, it would be fun a few times and then I'd "accidentally" deck the pranker after awhile, it would get old to me.

Edited by pennben

What happened before that is Liz said production gave her a heads-up that John and Steve were working together. Which is interesting to me, considering how the DR loves JMac. 

I wonder if they want John vs. Steve final noms. I could see the DR working hard on James and Meg to keep JMac and I could potentially see Vanessa doing it just because a split house might be better for her to hide in. 

• Love 1

Oh, that's interesting loki, I thought I heard Liz say something like "the fairies" told her John/Steve working together, it was muffled so I couldn't really hear.  I didn't put two and two together and realize they were talking about DR.

I don't hold it personally against Steve when he's not in the right frame of mind to talk. Goodness knows I am the same way at times, which is why I'd be bad at this game.

I realize I'm chiming in a few pages back, trying to catch up. Reading this and the comments and I have to say that I'm with Steve in the "not right frame of mind" as use anything, truth, excuse, can't listen to Vanessa's endless game talk. In Yiddish, and I'm not Jewish but Afrikaans and understand a lot of the language, being Germanic blah blah blah languages, there's a great Yiddish expression going something like this: "Stop verdrying my kopf", which means roughly translated, stop ringing the bell in my head, it's that thing she does when she goes on and on and on. I've known people like her, and she's just too much, verdrying my kopf!

• Love 7

Johnny really believes someone is going to use the veto on him in F8!!!

Again and this guy is going to win America's Fav! I can't.

Steve also tried smoothing things over with Austin and Vanessa. Yeah he tried sticking his chest out and got fooled. And, of course, he wont tell JMac hes the target. He wont risk veto for him.

• Love 4

And this is why I find Vanessa's game much, much more enjoyable to watch than Derrick's. Derrick played a much better long-term game. He was almost never seen as a target and when he was, his opponents were taken out before they had a chance to strike. Vanessa fucks up on the regular, which means she has to rely on short-term moves and constant damage control to make it through every week. Much, much more exciting.

Derrick had a bunch sheep hand him the game, IMO! Not taking anything from him, I found BB16 to be incredibly boring personally (from the gaming, twists and personalities (minus Donny)) . I like Vanessa's game better because of the people she's playing with. They are not making it easy for her to win it all, which I like more. I like when good gamers get a challenge. If someone like Vanessa can win battle tested than they deserve it. Period.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Why do the Austwins constantly treat information they already know like it's *brand new*? Like Austin was going to be back doored by Vanessa because he lied to her about the Audrey vote, or that Steve and Johnny Mac, who you made a "deal" with MIGHT be working together? 

During Austin/Vanessa convo yesterday Austin was all up on her about her denying she knew James was gonna throw BotB, and while she thankfully admitted it (it's what he needed to hear EVEN though he already KNEW), she also said James/Dark Moon had made her promise not to tell anyone, and she was still honoring that. Austin was like but NONE of those people are there and Vanessa looked at him like he had mental deficiency and was like: JAMES is here, and he's the one who asked me not tell! Importantly I don't actually know if Dark Moon and James specifically did request that of her, but I can imagine they did and decided to act like she kept it secret independently w/o cause. But also Vanessa was like I told you at the time about the plan, and that I was part of it, how did you figure I didn't know about James throwing it?

Gurl these fools are STILL wondering if Ben is Glory and if 2+2=4.

• Love 3

Yeah. I hit this point almost every season around this time. It came a little early for me, when Jackie was evicted in the DE. She entertained me in the house, I loved her balls-to-the-wall, doesn't-give-a-fuck attitude, and her evil cackle grew on me. I didn't realize until after she left that I was kind of a fan of hers and wanted her to make it far.

Yes, yes, yes! Jackie grew on me. Never watched TAR, and after her partner left she suddenly stood out like the voice of reason.

While if they continue to not nominate them, then yes, leaving the Austwins alone is not a good idea, but all someone needs to do is win HoH and not have specifically the one member of the Austwin not on the block to win Veto and they're split up. And if you take Liz out, the Austwins are pretty much dunzo, so I don't think it's crazy to not be too worried about them.

Take LIZ out! Not only will it disintegrate the stupid "Austwins", but put an end to the creepy kissing/hickeys/inappropriate Stockholm Syndrome weirdness and hopefully lesser the screen time of the dirty wrestler.  

I just want to thank all the feed watchers! This thread is actually better then the show!

Yes, I ONLY watch so I can read this forum. THANK YOU FEED WATCHERS and POSTERS!

Damn that Vanessa is good!

Yes, after all that is said about her, she IS good. better than Derrick IMO. He seemed like a PR plant for cops, was a mellow under the radar social guy, against an easy cast. She has a set of twins, the Austin/Liz thing, has been in several tight spots plus I think has a stronger cast than Derrick. I still don't particulatly like her but am fascinated/getting-tired-of-it blue eye shadow racoon eyes.
  • Love 7

While if they continue to not nominate them, then yes, leaving the Austwins alone is not a good idea, but all someone needs to do is win HoH and not have specifically the one member of the Austwin not on the block to win Veto and they're split up. And if you take Liz out, the Austwins are pretty much dunzo, so I don't think it's crazy to not be too worried about them yet. 

EDITED TO ADD: And not for nothing, but the Austwins have won the last two HoHs. So it's not like anyone has even had a CHANCE to split them up. 

The problem is, no one is even considering putting the Austwins up. No one. That's a big problem and should be a big red flag for everyone. Every single person in the house wants to go to F5/4 with them and then "duke it out," which, numerically, would mean that any individual or pair would have to win HOH/Veto every week at that point in order to make it to the end. James wants to be F5 with the Austwins, which would mean that his only hope to win the game would be for him and Meg to win all of the comps. Meg, who can't win shit. It's such simple math, but for some reason no one is crunching the numbers. Well, I think Vanessa is, but she doesn't really have any other options at this point.

I think that a big part of it is laziness/fatigue. It's easier to just hang out and hope that your deals and alliances will keep you in the game than to constantly scramble, so that's what they do. I don't think James and Meg have made any attempt to work with anyone besides the Austwins, which is crazy. There's no logical plan for those two to get from F5 to F2 with the Austwins there, so I guess they're just hoping that something will miraculously work out without them doing anything. Meg can at least hope that someone will see her as an ideal F2 goat and drag her there, but what is James thinking? It's crazy to me to get this far in the game and just give up, essentially. JMac and Steve think they're allied with the Austwins when they're both on the block while 3 of the Austwins' "non-allies" aren't, yet (thus far) they've done nothing about it. They're all just waiting to be picked off and/or hoping something will fall from the sky to save them. 

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 7