Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Vanessa told the Austwins that John will go up if one wins veto, as long as they promise not to vote him out.

Yeah, I don't trust Liz as far as I can throw her. Seems like John on the block would be an ideal time to throw one of her patented "hinky" votes, and convince Julia to do the same, along with the remaining James/Meg. Suddenly, John is gone, and her, Julia and Austin are continuing to play all sides of the house, with James and Meg still there and coming after Vanessa so they don't have to. I seriously hope Vanessa knows this.

I'd put Steve on the block before I'd put John. Liz (and by extension, Julia) want John out too badly, and he's too tempting a target.

• Love 4

Austin wants John out too.

I'm pulling for James or Meg to win veto just so Vanessa can have a few meltdowns about getting more blood on her hands. "It's a blood avalanche, y'all!

• Love 2

I'm pulling for James or Meg to win veto just so Vanessa can have a few meltdowns about getting more blood on her hands. "It's a blood avalanche, y'all!

YESSSSSSS! That's the only way this week won't be boring. But at the same time I don't know if I can deal with another Vanessa meltdown.

• Love 1

I love this idea that Johnny Whack has any more of a read on the house than Meg. Just last week he A) didn't try to win HOH because he thought everyone was throwing it to him and B) said before the veto that it didn't matter who won because everyone would use it.

Fan fave!

• Love 4

I wonder how differently the season would have went if Clay/Becky didn't suck so bad at the BOB comp and the Austin backdoor happened, or had James/Meg/Jackie voted out Vanessa instead of Shelli.

Those were the two big power shifts that have is looking down the barrel of an Austwins, Vanessa + Steve or John or Meg F5. I suppose Shelli and Clay with their minions could have been just as bad. Blech.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4

Keep up the good work you're doing, Cutty.

I just went and read some choice quotes from Meg last night. She is truly amazing.

"This wasn't the week for one of us to win."

"I feel closer to Vanessa than ever before. Personally I feel like she finally gets me."

I pray Vanessa doesn't tell her she's nomming her/James. I need Meg to be bawling after the nom ceremony and wondering why all her peeps are gone.

• Love 4
Austin wants John out too.

True, but if I still feel like Austin and Vanessa seem to have this weird dysfunctional relationship predicated on definitions of loyalty they've concocted in their own heads (the Backdoor That Wasn't conversation was almost operatic in its melodrama). If Vanessa told Austin not to vote for John, I have a hard time thinking he'd go against what she wanted. But Liz would do it in a heartbeat, and I believe she controls Julia's vote. I don't think Austin controls anybody's vote but his own.

• Love 4

I do think you're right. Vanessa's more in with the Austwins than anyone, but she's also not stupid. She has to know they would evict her in a heartbeat if it came down to her and one of them. And with numbers dwindling, now's the time to start turning.

I think Vanessa is stuck, and I don't see a path to the end for her.  If she takes out Austin/Liz or Julia, I think she becomes target number one once they are broken up.  If she doesn't she's target number two until they go, or she's left out at the end of the game because twins will stick together, Liz/Austin will stick together, and she's, there is no room for her at the end. I can't imagine any of James/Meg/Steve/John taking her.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2

I just went and read some choice quotes from Meg last night. She is truly amazing.

"This wasn't the week for one of us to win."

"I feel closer to Vanessa than ever before. Personally I feel like she finally gets me."

Oh my god, I just cackled reading this (I'm still catching up the feeds from last night/this morning, so I haven't heard those goodies yet).

I think Vanessa is stuck, and I don't see a path to the end for her.  If she takes out Austin/Liz or Julia, I think she becomes target number one once they are broken up.  If she doesn't she's target number two until they go, or she's left out at the end of the game because twins will stick together, Liz/Austin will stick together, and she's, there is no room for her at the end. I can't imagine any of James/Meg/Steve/John taking her.

I think Vanessa is counting on her ability to win comps to get her through, and I also think the gambler in her is okay with that. Based on her conversations with Austin last night, I really do think she's completely willing to roll the dice and compete head-to-head with them and take her chances that way. I can respect that, because she knows exactly what she's getting into, and she's prepared to suffer the consequences if she can't win an HOH or veto when it's needed.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 3

I wonder how differently the season would have went if Clay/Becky didn't suck so bad at the BOB comp and the Austin backdoor happened

When we all look back at the story of the season, that week and the moves that happened around that, drove the rest of the season.

• Love 3

Wow.....Meg strikes again. This is why I wouldn't be upset if she ended up leaving. I just really don't want her in final 2.

No way. I dont care which one goes first. Meg though is this season's Jordan. Sucks at comps, been carried to close to the end but shes sooo likeable the idiots in jury would vote for her to win it.

• Love 1

Vanessa: "You flirted with every other girl and Audrey!" Oh, Vanessa. That's nagl.

I think the biggest single thing that has shaped how this season has gone is Vanessa actively pushing the Liz/Austin showmance and/or her actively pushing for the twins to both come in. And that is why I really want Austwins to end up fucking her over. It would be so poetic!

• Love 4

I think Vanessa's path isn't that crazy. All she needs is for someone else to break the Austwins up and vote Liz out. With Liz gone, both Austin and Julia would take Vanessa to the finals, I think. It wouldn't be a lock, but I'd give it better odds that Austin and Julia taking each other. 

• Love 5

No way. I dont care which one goes first. Meg though is this season's Jordan. Sucks at comps, been carried to close to the end but shes sooo likeable the idiots in jury would vote for her to win it.

At least Jordan won the occasional comp.

And she and Jeff actually figured things out together. I'm not saying she was a great player, but she was better than Meg IMO.

Edited by Sara2009
  • Love 6

Okay, from where I stand right now, of the final eight, I want Austin, James or Vanessa to win.  I think they are playing the best this year.  So, congratulations to Meg on your win, since I never get this right.

• Love 7

I think Vanessa's path isn't that crazy. All she needs is for someone else to break the Austwins up and vote Liz out. With Liz gone, both Austin and Julia would take Vanessa to the finals, I think. It wouldn't be a lock, but I'd give it better odds that Austin and Julia taking each other.

Agreed. Liz is the ideal knockout as tempting as it is to go for Austin, Liz is the glue there, and without her Vanessa becomes the glue. That's somewhat contingent on the one targeting Liz being Not Vanessa.

• Love 2

I was oddly touched by that Meg and James "let me be the pawn; no, let ME be the pawn" moment with Vanessa. At the same time, I was thinking, "wow, these two are really dumb." Conflicting emotions there. 

Hence her alignment with JMac. He'd put the Austwins up in a heartbeat. Yeah, I think Vanessa has set it up where she could be golden moving forward. That's why despite her flaws, I'm constantly impressed by her gameplay. She has worked over the Austwins, JMac, and Steve pretty nicely the last couple of days. It will be a delicate balancing act though, and wouldn't be surprised if it all went wrong, but for now? Props Vanessa. Props. 

Edited by Laika
  • Love 8

I was oddly touched by that Meg and James "let me be the pawn; no, let ME be the pawn" moment with Vanessa. At the same time, I was thinking, "wow, these two are really dumb." Conflicting emotions there. 

I just watched that part. It was very sweet. Very dumb, but very sweet. Summer Camp at its finest.

• Love 6

Hence her alignment with JMac. He'd put the Austwins up in a heartbeat. Yeah, I think Vanessa has set it up where she could be golden moving forward. That's why despite her flaws, I'm constantly impressed by her gameplay. She has worked over the Austwins, JMac, and Steve pretty nicely the last couple of days. It will be a delicate balancing act though, and wouldn't be surprised if it all went wrong, but for now? Props Vanessa. Props. 

Precisely. She is far from a sure thing for the end, but no one else is either, ya know? So sure, I could see her going as soon as this week's DE, but I could also see her lasting all the way to the end, where she loses to Steve because, consarnit, you can't pick a woman when there is a man as an option!

• Love 5

They don't need to even do an All-Star season, just throw in a few returning HGs - that tends to lead to a slightly more aggressive game. Wouldn't Derrick love to prove that he could win even with everyone knowing he was coming (I actually think he wouldn't, since he knows he could not)? Or some other people. Hell, I'd be fine with seeing Jeff again at this point. You know that dude at least plays aggressively. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 3

I actually think Meg is the most dangerous person to leave in the house. Anyone sitting next to her is going to go home and Meg would float to the F2 as a goat. I don't think it's wasting an HOH to go after a player like that, too dangerous this late in the game.

• Love 2

Would he? He said he wants to go after Meg.

I'm just saying she is aligning with him because she knows she can use him to make moves that she can't make. He might target Meg but I also think he would show no hesitation going against the Austwins, something Vanessa can't do without blowing up her game.

Edited by Laika

At least Jordan won the occasional comp.

And she and Jeff actually figured things out together. I'm not saying she was a great player, but she was better than Meg IMO.

I will say that Jordan was a good player. Great strategy is relative. 

It is insulting to compare Jordan to Meg IMO.

• Love 3

Okay feed watchers, I give it 24 hours, (from the end of the HoH competition,) for the DR to say to someone, "So how would your plans change if you thought there was another double eviction this season?"  Any chance of that happening before nominations at this point?  (I've already - mercifully - forgotten the production schedule.)

Good question... they have to be thinking about it being a double at some point given that there will be 8 (!!!) people in the house on September 3rd.  But I haven't really seen it discussed as imminent?

ETA: The finale is on Sept 23, and I believe they were told that in advance this year.

Edited by AndreaK1041

I just realized that if Vanessa's noms stay the same, all 5 of F&G will be in the Final 7. That's pretty incredible. I know they're surrounded by idiots, but it's still a crazy stat, given how early this alliance was formed.

I'm rooting so hard for a John HOH for DE.

• Love 5

I just realized that if Vanessa's noms stay the same, all 5 of F&G will be in the Final 7. That's pretty incredible. I know they're surrounded by idiots, but it's still a crazy stat, given how early this alliance was formed.

I can't give them too much credit because they were ready to turn on each other at a moments notice.  Basically this alliance was only good for a "I won't put you up if you don't put me up" kind of thing.  Nobody really went to bat for anyone else when a non F&G HG was in power.  At various points in the game Vanessa was willing to cut Austin and Steve Loose.  Austwins were willing to cut Vanessa and Steve loose.  Steve was willing to cut Austwins and Vanessa loose.  They just weren't willing to cut the chord themselves and do the nominating.  They only reason they stuck together was because they have had a great run of HOH wins.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 4

I can't give them too much credit because they were ready to turn on each other at a moments notice.  Basically this alliance was only good for a "I won't put you up if you don't put me up" kind of thing.  Nobody really went to bat for anyone else when a non F&G HG was in power.  At various points in the game Vanessa was willing to cut Austin and Steve Loose.  Austwins were willing to cut Vanessa and Steve loose.  Steve was willing to cut Austwins and Vanessa loose.  They just weren't willing to cut the chord themselves and do the nominating.  They only reason they stuck together was because they have had a great run of HOH wins.

Right, but by being willing to throw each other UTB, they smokescreen the fact that they're all in alliance. So, instead of being viewed as a 5-person powerhouse, it was the Austwins by themselves, with Steve as a disposable hanger-on and Vanessa as someone close but could be cut at any time. Which made them desirable side-alliance members. Meg and James still wouldn't know about F&G if John hadn't told them yesterday. And the only reason he knew is because Steve told him. Vanessa said it earlier, that if these people can't understand the reason why none of them have ever put each other up, then that's on them because it should be blatantly obvious by now. It should have been obvious when Liz was HOH, but the constant Vanessa bashing (even though it was genuine at the time) was a great deflection from the F&G alliance.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 5

I don't expect her to do this but the more I think about it if Vanessa actually wants to win as opposed to just staying around as long as possible she has to take a bit shot this week.  I know that she won't put up the Austwins directly and will go instead with James and Meg.  But if one of them gets taken off the block her only real chance is to backdoor Liz.  Julia is weak at the comps and Austwin will be so flipped out that for all of his anger he will probably screw up the HOH.  Of course this depends on John and Steve following through and one of them winning the following HOH and putting Julia and/or Austin up.  In fact, the DE makes this a better plan since they would have less time to recover.

Obviously if it doesn't work (say Steve and John double-cross her and vote to keep Liz) she will be finished.  But I don't see how she can do more than just be a hanger-on if they get to the final 6 (after this week's DE) with the Austwin's making up half the house.  She is too scared to have the "blood on her hands" but she needs to take a shot or she is done.

Edited by call me ishmael
  • Love 2

I think that's a good idea in theory, but in practice, Vanessa needs to be rid of James or Meg. Either one will never work with her and as long as they exist as a duo, Austin, Liz and Julia can "hide" in that alliance. Vanessa needs to make herself more valuable to that trio (sorry, I refuse to group three people under Austin's name like he owns the other two), and them less valuable to her. She needs to eliminate their cover to gather more cover for herself. James and Meg are only numbers for the trio, not Vanessa.

Get James and Meg out (during DE), and suddenly, it's Austin/Liz/Julia vs. Vanessa/John/Steve. Then you turn on former group -- when it's even numbers and they have no more cover. Then you put up Austin and Liz, because suddenly, the numbers are all yours, not theirs. Take the shot before then, and you're exposing yourself to a group that can either deploy another ally or always have another vote in their pocket to take you out.

And if Austin/Liz/Julia wins HoH? Sixth Sense to the end. As Ceeg said (I think), then let the chips fall where they may. As a Vanessa fan, I'd be happy with her gambling on herself. But getting James and Meg out gives her options. With them still in the house, she's more of a sitting duck.

(And I suppose this depends on trusting John and Steve, but given the previous week's events, I'd hope the trio was exposed for their lack of trustworthiness that front.)

ETA: Now I'm wondering if it's even possible to get James and Meg out, since Austin, Liz and Julia will likely take out either John or Steve over James/Meg, if given the option during DE. Ultimately, this could all just be an exercise at this point.

Edited by Eolivet
  • Love 5

Right, but by being willing to throw each other UTB, they smokescreen the fact that they're all in alliance. So, instead of being viewed as a 5-person powerhouse, it was the Austwins by themselves, with Steve as a disposable hanger-on and Vanessa as someone close but could be cut at any time. Which made them desirable side-alliance members. Meg and James still wouldn't know about F&G if John hadn't told them yesterday. And the only reason he knew is because Steve told him. Vanessa said it earlier, that if these people can't understand the reason why none of them have ever put each other up, then that's on them because it should be blatantly obvious by now. It should have been obvious when Liz was HOH, but the constant Vanessa bashing (even though it was genuine at the time) was a great deflection from the F&G alliance.

I guess my contention would be that this was an unintended consequence.  Which is why I do not give them too much credit.  A smoke screen is an intentional ploy to cover something up.  They actually were throwing their alliance members under the bus.  They were willing to cut their alliance members loose.  They just didn't want to pull the trigger themselves.  Think about how different the game might be if Clay and Becky won the BoB against Liz and James.  That was the intent.  Vanessa made a move where the intended consequence was for Austin to leave.  The terrible execution of the plan had the unintended consequence of making Vanessa and Austin look like they were on the outs.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 3

I guess my contention would be that this was an unintended consequence.

Lasting to F7 was an unintended consequence of allying together? I fail to see how them not going to bat for each other and plotting to do things they never did because the consequences of alienating the ALLIES always stopped them from doing it is the very reason people form alliances.

• Love 1

Have Nots for the week are Meg, James, John, and Julia.

I have a feeling when Meg gets nominated, she's gonna go nuts. I'm not sure what that will look like, but being a HN + on the block with James might send her over the edge. 

Edited by Ceeg

I guess my contention would be that this was an unintended consequence.  Which is why I do not give them too much credit.  A smoke screen is an intentional ploy to cover something up.  They actually were throwing their alliance members under the bus.  They were willing to cut their alliance members loose.  They just didn't want to pull the trigger themselves.  Think about how different the game might be if Clay and Becky won the BoB against Liz and James.  That was the intent.  Vanessa made a move where the intended consequence was for Austin to leave.  The terrible execution of the plan had the unintended consequence of making Vanessa and Austin look like they were on the outs.

I've said earlier that the HoH wins have definitely made the strategy seem less impressive, but at the same time, they still won all of the HoHs, which is impressive enough on its own that I think they're still doing a good job. But yes, any strategy that involves "Okay, so we just have to go out and win four HoHs in a row" is not a particularly good one. But actually winning those four HoHs, I think makes up for the weak-ish strategy.

• Love 1

Meg and James are so disappointingly dumb, they deserve to be on the block together.

James just now remembered the deal he made with Vanessa back in Week 6. But decided not to go remind Vanessa of it. Instead, as advised by Meg, he's going to sit on the deal reminder, and use it next week when he puts Vanessa up. LOL, James-UH!

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 2

Austin is the biggest fucking baby.  His turn to be have not and he wusses out and lets JMac volunteer.  Big for nothing piece of shit.

Before today, F&G decided to put Meg and James on slop to aid in hindering their upcoming comp performances. They didn't think there would be 4 HNs this week, so Julia and John volunteered. Vanessa would have probably put either Julia/John or John/Steve on slop as the 3rd and 4th anyway. She had no intention of putting her two biggest allied comp threats on slop for the week.

LOL. But I wish Meg would go full on nuts and confront Vanessa. That would be fun to see.

Same. And I like both Vanessa (on a game level) and Meg (on a personal level). But I think it would be hilarious to see a fight between them. Idk if they could get a word in edgewise with all the crying and tears and histrionics. "I only have one peep left and you're going after him too!" "I'm a straight shooter and have so much integrity and such a big heart!"

• Love 5

So James is getting upset that the deal he made with Vanessa during his 2nd HOH might have been broken.

Well...

No off. James, but you went against your deal when you, the austwins and meg were perfectly fine backdooring Vanessa. Plus you allowing Meg to be your mouthpiece does not work in youe best interest.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

The difference is James doesn't blab 24/7 about his word and integrity. He doesn't claim to have some superior moral high ground like Vanessa. It's all bullshit of course, but Vanessa refuses to own it which makes her impossible to root for.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 14

It's all bullshit of course, but Vanessa refuses to own it which makes her impossible to root for.

+1.

We're back. It sounds like Meg might have said something to Vanessa during the nom ceremony!

I am shocked Meg isn't crying. I would love for Meg to just be all "Summer Camp's over!" and become a comp beast lol.