Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

But back to this season, I just read that Shelli is suspicious that Clay is trying to stay because he asked her to contact his family.  This woman is throwing her showmance under the bus and then tries to claim its the other way around.  Say what you will about Clay but he's practically begging people to evict him and they are all telling him they won't.  But for some reason Shelli thinks he shouldn't believe that he's staying?

He basically stopped asking for people to vote for him to leave after the Veto - he's been talking game with John and Vanessa, and  even told Vanessa she shouldn't vote for him to leave if it would hurt her game (he thinks the vote will be unanimous to keep him). Vanessa just told Shelli that Clay thinks he's staying for sure, and Shelli said she suspected because he's acting like she's just going to roll over and let death take her.

ETA: Vanessa told Shelli she needs to lock down Steve's vote and she's currently over the top nice to him - oohing and aahing over his ham and cheese grilling technique. Ha!

Edited by mooses
  • Love 3

He's acting like he's going to stay though because everyone told him he's going to stay.  I find Clay incredibly boring and I hate this showmance but I feel like he's gone above and beyond what he should have.  It will get interesting if he ever gets wind of either Shelli's campaign or that the vote is actually in question.

The only thing that can save this showmance for me is for it to blow up in an epic fight before one is evicted.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 3

Vanessa's certainly doing an excellent job securing jury votes, but she still has to get there, and I don't think she's doing any better at this point in the game than other similarly strong HGs who ended up losing before the end, like S5 Diane, S13 Jeff and S14 Brittany (Brit in her original season was lame, game-wise, but she was doing well in S14 until it became a "it's either her or me" situation for Dan). At this point in S13, it seemed like people were lining up to give Jeff the money. Up until the last few weeks, Diane was lining the jury with people who wanted to vote for her. 

Freaks and Geeks know Vanessa is in charge. James and Jackie know Vanessa is a big threat. John and Becky know she is a big threat. Only Meg (clueless) and Shelli (who Vanessa has exerted tons of effort to convince otherwise) don't seem to view her as a big threat.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 2

The only thing that can save this showmance for me is for it to blow up in an epic fight before one is evicted.

I think we are gearing up towards a big fight, should be fun to watch.  Clay is SLOWLY realizing that Shelli is campaigning against him.

• Love 3

HAHA

Clay's game is officially f---ked now. Vanessa ran the convo she had with Steve back to him and Shelli at 1:44-49pm bbt.

Clay looks defeated and cant hide his pokerface. Shelli is even in on sending him now since she knows he's been low key campaigning.

It's very good stuff.

• Love 3

Well, there it is.  I just heard Becky specifically say that she wants to work with Meg, Jackie, and James.  With one of Clay and Shelli leaving (at the moment, it's still looking like Clay's goose is cooked) and having no relationship with Vanessa and Austin, it kinda makes sense.

Don't know what John wants to do, but I'm sure he'll go in whichever direction Becky goes.

• Love 1

Becky also said she's going to quit sneaking around. That it wasn't good for her game. She also was throwing Clelli UTB, saying they didn't give anything in return for all the info she fed them. She didn't like how they tossed Steve and Austin away so quickly. Of course John was defending them because he's still a useless stooge and wants to go down with the ship. 

• Love 4

Well, there it is. I just heard Becky specifically say that she wants to work with Meg, Jackie, and James. With one of Clay and Shelli leaving (at the moment, it's still looking like Clay's goose is cooked) and having no relationship with Vanessa and Austin, it kinda makes sense.

Don't know what John wants to do, but I'm sure he'll go in whichever direction Becky goes.

I'm really not sure what John wants. During that conversation John was STILL defending Clelli. I have no idea what they've done to earn his undying loyalty. He also told them last night that he didn't trust Jackie and needed her out next week.

• Love 1

So then it will basically be Sixth Sense + Steve vs. ADC + JMac + Becky. 6 vs. 5.

This next HOH will be interesting. It's funny to me that 1/2 of Clelli and Vanessa are the ADC's biggest targets, completely ignoring the solid 3-vote alliance of Austwins.

• Love 1

I want to root for Jackie, but her social game is such shit. James spent the week bonding with Austin and the twins, worked on Steve by telling him people wanted him on the block. Meanwhile Jackie has done nothing. I get that she's a firecracker who can't be fake with people, but that's the game honey. I still hope she wins HOH just to see Vanessa squirm but she's really in a bad spot going forward because she lacks a social game.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4

Becky also said she's going to quit sneaking around. That it wasn't good for her game. She also was throwing Clelli UTB, saying they didn't give anything in return for all the info she fed them. She didn't like how they tossed Steve and Austin away so quickly. Of course John was defending them because he's still a useless stooge and wants to go down with the ship. 

I like Becky, so I'm so proud of her for realizing that Clay and Shelli are not, nor were they ever, on her side.  Finally.  And she's finally choosing a side.  Thank God, since James, Jackie, and Meg need another potential competition beast on their side.  And her comments about Austin and Steve prove that she has indeed been observing, though not liking Steve's treatment by Clay and Shelli is interesting, given their animosity.

As for John . . . sigh.  I hope, in time, that Becky can get him to see clearly about them the way that she has.  But right now, the "useless stooge" sentiment is accurate.

So then it will basically be Sixth Sense + Steve vs. ADC + JMac + Becky. 6 vs. 5.

This next HOH will be interesting. It's funny to me that 1/2 of Clelli and Vanessa are the ADC's biggest targets, completely ignoring the solid 3-vote alliance of Austwins.

James, Jackie, and Meg all agreed that they'll leave Austin, Liz, and Julia alone because they know that they're going after the ones they consider floaters -- John and Steve.  (Interesting how Becky's name never came up since, until almost an hour ago, she was floating, too.)  They're not coming after them, so they're also leaving them alone in return.

• Love 1

Yeah but since everyone is thinking about jury, it's a bit short-sighted to want out half of Clelli and Vanessa first. Simply because, for example, if Liz makes final 2, she has 2 auto jury votes that will never ever be swayed.

I didn't hear any defense from John. He agreed with her and added that they wanted him to throw BOB and not use the POV. Becky wasn't happy with those two tidbits. It bothered her more than everything they talked about w/r/t Shay.

though not liking Steve's treatment by Clay and Shelli is interesting, given their animosity.

I am not surprised she feels this way about the way they treated Steve. She doesn't say or do to him anything worse than what the rest of the house does. He wants her out and she wants him out. It is not personal.

Hell, he's been meaner to her to her face and behind her than she has him. Imagine the uproar if she's made that DR about him or told him to his face he is socially awkward they way he said she was basic. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 5

I didn't hear any defense from John. He agreed with her and added that they wanted him to throw BOB and not use the POV. Becky wasn't happy with those two tidbits. It bothered her more than everything they talked about w/r/t Shay.

Wait.  He only just told her about that now?  I figured he'd have spoken up about that to her weeks ago!

Either way, it sounds like their little powwow has resulted in Clay and Shelli losing two more people.  I . . . kinda love that.:)

• Love 2

Meg: I think Austin and the twins are starting to want to vote out Clay.

Jackie: *eyeroll* It doesn't matter what they want, they'll vote the way we say.

This is why I can't get on board the Jackie train. Girl, they don't have to do shit. Meg also said if she wins HOH that she can't put up Clay. Lord these people. I hope Vanessa rolls over you straight to the 500k.

Edited by Ceeg
  • Love 6

Yes! I want shelli gone for all those reasons aaand....

- It annoys me to always see her with a furrowed brow when she talks in the DR

- i don't like her jawline for reasons i can't explain

First time I saw Shelly, all I could see were her teeth.  talking to my sis later I said that I couldn't stand the one with the teeth and I haven't changed my mind since.

• Love 4

Yeah I like Jackie. She's feisty and I dig her IDGAF attitude. Plus, she's got a fun laugh and has been a good sport about the knight costume. But that's all I got with her. 

I do think Vanessa still has work to do about the votes. She keeps telling Shelli that Austin and the twins are slam dunk votes to evict Clay. Not so much. One of the twins was already waffling earlier after their talk with James and Meg. To me, it's a no brainer for Austin and the twins to get rid of Clay, but I can see it going the other way if Austwins want to stay good with ADC. 

Good for Becky for finally seeing the light regarding Clelli.

And Meg and Jackie are so concerned about the votes that they are currently.... in bed sleeping.

Edited by Laika
  • Love 2

Wait.  He only just told her about that now?  I figured he'd have spoken up about that to her weeks ago!

Either way, it sounds like their little powwow has resulted in Clay and Shelli losing two more people.  I . . . kinda love that.:)

I think Becky and Johnny are overdoing it with the giving an appearance of not being as close as they actually are. Their lack of communication is hindering both their games. Becky wouldn't have been on quick to jump on the Shay train if she knew how expandable JMac is to them despite her gratitude. She would have also talked some sense into Johnny. 

He gets flack for the way he's been handling Shay and deservedly so but the thing is,  Johnny  doesn't have anyone to bounce off his own personal thoughts to. He and Becky spend so little time one on one that most things are left unsaid. He was thinking WTF that Shay asked him to throw things but he needs another voice voice to stamp on it. What do they say about two heads being better than one?

Now he just needs to remember to tell Becky that Clay had forgotten the alliance they made and he had to remind him. But then again, Clay is so stupid he forgets conversations he had 5 minutes agao so Johnny must be used to his forgetfulness. 

• Love 2

They get Chipotle delivered, first thing out of Austin's mouth in a pouty voice "they didn't ask us what we wanted?".

Shut up you ungrateful slop eating, dentist chair sleeping (though you still manage to somehow spoon/grope Liz) Have Not buffoon.

• Love 13

These people stress me out so much. The votes for eviction have changed so much just since veto ceremony and we still have almost 48 hours to go. I suspect that whoever vanessawants to leave will be the one leaving, and I suspect that will be Clay, but then these fools get my hopes up that it'll be Shelli.

ETA: if anyone is interested, I created a new thread called Episodes v. Feeds to discuss the differences between what's aired and what we see.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 2

Steve actually does seem looser and more social now that Jason is gone.  .He seems like he's part of the group or at least putting more effort into it.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

Shelli had never heard of Chipotle. Clay had to explain it to her. She was concerned they did not have taco shells. The concept of a burrito seemed alien to her. Then again a 5 year old could have given her a more coherent description of the menu than Clay did.

• Love 5

Well, there it is. I just heard Becky specifically say that she wants to work with Meg, Jackie, and James.

Typical floater and rat. Clelli should had thrown her under the bus!

Vanessa woke up paranoid. She thinks JMac is related to Clay.

Steve mentions that Shelli wants a 4 person group with them and JMac. Vanessa is like eh, not interested.

You do know shes using smoke screen to target people. She dont believe most of the theories she says.

• Love 2

Are the terms floater and rat bad things in this game? I forget.

Vanessa starting to overplay again. She wants everyone (not named Clay or Shelli or.....some unnamed floater) to have a meeting in the HOH to get on board with the same plan for double eviction. She even met Jackie briefly in the HN room about this. It didn't take much for me to imagine Jackie rolling her eyes right out of her head.

Just now in the bathroom she was kind of badgering Steve about what he heard or didn't hear or where he was, and did he hear her name, and if he was loyal, and basically being Vanessa.

I mean, I get it. The biggest threat to Vanessa's game is double eviction. Her game is based on having time to work on people. And unlike, say, Derrick, there ARE people who would be perfectly happy to put her up and out at this point. A double eviction is perfect for that.

But she needs to calm the fuck down.

• Love 4

So James and Jackie are still firmly convinced Clay's staying..

Jackie just told him that all the others wouldn't dare go against him this week.

Edited by vb68

So James and Jackie are still firmly convinced Clay's going.

Jackie just told him that all the others wouldn't dare go against him this week.

No, they're still convinced that Shelli's going.  They suspect the votes might flip to Clay (even though they already have), but they're convinced that Shelli still has the votes to go.

James/Meg/Jackie think that Steve is more loyal to them than "the other side", that he would never work with Austin and that he's better to work with than John because John is "more independent". I just can't....

• Love 1

James and Jackie not budging on voting Shelli out. I don't think Austin and the twins are gonna be able to sway James. Vanessa gonna have to turn on the mist.

In related news Austin reports to the HOH that he walked in on JMac talking to Clelli. They don't know what he's doing. Man, Johnny Mac has played so safe and passive the first 45 days and is throwing his game away on a showmance that is being split up. Just wow.

Edited by Cutty
  • Love 4

No, they're still convinced that Shelli's going.

Oops.  Sorry i meant to say Clay's staying.  My mistake.  

Edited by vb68

Austin, Becky, Meg, Jackie, Vanessa, Twins, James talking about Steve/JMac/remaining Clelli being the target next week, which they think might be the double eviction. This is fun because I'm trying to think who actually think these named people are the target. Meg and James, sure, maybe, until the vote gets shown. Jackie wants Vanessa gone. Vanessa wants none of this. Becky is not on board with this. The twins and Austin have their own agenda.

I didn't think there would be a more bullshit plan than the plan to boot Austin, but this is really impressive. Not one person is telling the truth. Well, Meg and James, they're telling the truth, bless them.

And Vanessa is already working the vote not working out the way people might "think".

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 2

Is there a chance that Clay (or, Shelli) are going to jury? I didn't even think of it but then I'm hearing maybe this Thursday's HG will be the start of the jury phase.

Could be, but I highly doubt it.  That would make ten jurors, and I don't think they wanna risk a tie just to make Shelli and Clay happy by sending one of them to the jury.

Jackie wants Vanessa gone. Vanessa wants none of this.

Well of course Vanessa wants none of that:)  

I know you meant the broader conversation regarding Vanessa, but I just giggled when I read it as if Jackie was proposing to Vanessa that Vanessa goes.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

I love this. Passive aggressiveness is coming out. James wants Shelli gone, because Shelli wins stuff. Vanessa tries to pull a "well, aren't you scared of Clay winning the next HOH" question, and James wasn't having it. "I've already beat him three times, why would I be scared of him". No answer from Vanessa for that. I mean, it's a stupid answer, but an answer that Vanessa can't argue with,

The thing is, once Clay goes home on Thursday, this whole conversation means nothing. I wonder how worried Vanessa is about double eviction on Thursday (not happening, we would know by now). This could screw her over by betting on it being double eviction now.

Y'all (and I have used that term for the 35 years I've lived in Texas), I kind of love this season. A lot.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 7

Most of the house had a meeting and agreed to put up John/Clay next week.

I would put "agreed" in quotes!  I'm not sure this agreement is going to have any more validity than the agreement by James to no put up C/S.  As Katesus pointed out last page, each side knew they were lying to the other.

I'm going to miss crazy, overplaying Vanessa when she's gone.

Now the twins want to vote out Shelli. Good grief.

Oh lord, look at all the time we have until the actual vote.  I don't think I can enure another marathon session like the one the other night before POV session, but I think it's coming.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1

The twins are the swing vote(s). Actually if one of them flips Shelli is gone because I think Becky and JMac are voting Shelli at this point.

Vanessa might lose her shit if the twins go rogue here.

Should be an interesting vote for once!

• Love 1