Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation WITHOUT Spoilers: Lalalalala! I can't hear you!

• Start Topic

There was some left. Emma gave it to Gold and he put in his safe, which we know Dark Ones can get into.

And then she and Henry went and got it and used it to take off her cuff. I don't know if it is the last drop, but I think for now, that is why they needed there to be a little more squid ink. In any event, it is no longer in the safe. It's in in Henry's pocket.

• Love 1

There was some left. Emma gave it to Gold and he put in his safe, which we know Dark Ones can get into.

Henry used it on Emma's cuff to release it. I expect that may have been the last of it.

Henry used it on Emma's cuff to release it. I expect that may have been the last of it.

If that's the squid ink, then it's a continuity error. Squid ink comes out dark and inky and glows blue on contact, this stuff came out gold. I thought might have just stolen Rumple's own version of Hook's heart/cuff removing potion.

I didn't understand why if Emma had the squid ink, she didn't just use it on the cuff herself. I think the squid ink is out. Besides, there were at least a dozen Dark Ones on the boat, there isn't enough ink to immobilize all of them. Maybe the melting acid potion will come back into play as they have Zelena act as Dorothy and throw it at Nimue at which point she laments this crappy world where green witches can destroy such evil as hers. Wicked always wins, bitches!

• Love 1

From the Spoilers thread on "snuffing out the light":

That strikes me as like the common villain goal of destroying the world. Why would you want to do that, unless you're suicidal? You're in the world, yourself. Destroying it isn't going to make things better. Would even a Dark One really want to live in a totally dark world? If everyone's dark, doesn't that just mean they're all being nasty to each other? It seems like even a Dark One would like having good people around, if only to serve as a steady supply of easy victims.

Which is why I'm 90% sure it's referring to something specific. I've already posted about this in the Continuity thread, but I think the writers left that phrase intentionally vague to keep the ultimate plan a secret. Unlike what all the fluff seems to insinuate, I don't believe it pertains to removing all light magic or love.

There's that Promethian Flame, which has been touted as "man's first spark" and what links Hook to the darkness. Maybe the DOs want to cleave themselves of the link to Excalibur by getting rid of it. They want to be free of the curse, which is why they got themselves resurrected. That's how Nimue is able to help. However, it all comes with a heavy price, which is why Merlin probably was working against her this whole time to find another way. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Which is why I'm 90% sure it's referring to something specific. I've already posted about this in the Continuity thread, but I think the writers left that phrase intentionally vague to keep the ultimate plan a secret. Unlike what all the fluff seems to insinuate, I don't believe it pertains to removing all light magic or love.

I think we tend to over-think when it comes to this show. "Snuffing the light" is basically this year's version of "cleaving the dagger," which was just as vague. I have a feeling it's going to wrap up the same way 4A did with the cleave stuff, which means the audience is going to believe the villains are finally going to "snuff the light," but at the last second, they're thwarted and the good guys win, thus preserving the light and giving the writers a pass on explaining whatever the hell "snuffing the light" actually is.

• Love 2

I think we tend to over-think when it comes to this show. "Snuffing the light" is basically this year's version of "cleaving the dagger," which was just as vague.

I think "cleaving the dagger" was a bit more specific since we knew what Rumple was attempting to do - untether himself from the Dagger and use the hat's power to fuel his magic. Here, "snuffing out the light" could have many, many meanings. Like what Shanna Marie said, it sounds very much like taking over the world or destroying goodness forever. If my theory is correct, Rumple's plan and Nimue's plan would be connected in that they both involve removing the dagger tether.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

We have quite a bit of loose threads to tie up during the finale, so let's try and brainstorm how they might be resolved:

• Will we say goodbye to the Camelot gang?
  • Will we say goodbye to Merida? Or is she still lying on the ground unconscious? Nevermind, I forgot she was with the gang when they were getting their memories back.
  • Why was Merlin making a dark curse potion in the last episode? Will this be explained? 
  • Will we see the missing conversation between Nimue and Hook where he apparently made a deal with her to get all the Dark Ones to come to Storybrooke in the flesh?
  • Will the gang defeat the new Dark Ones?
  • Will that random deadly cauldron Arthur was going to use on the heroes back in Camelot make a comeback?
  • Does the gang even care about Arthur and the Cameloteons anymore? Where did Arthur run off to after Emma knocked him out in the woods? I guess we can just assume Hook and Charming dragged him to jail.
  • Where the heck is Lancelot? Did he find his mother? Did he ever learn that his poor buddy Percival died?
  • What happened to Merlin's wand that could conjure up tornados?
  • Is Henry going to have to awkwardly say goodbye to Violet because these writers never like to carry storylines beyond the half season mark?
  • Does anyone care where Arthur's friend went after he disappeared into green smoke? Are we just supposed to accept that he died?
  • Will we actually learn what the term "snuffing the light" means?
  • Will Baby Hood actually get a name?
  • Will Dark Emma and Dark Hook remain Dark Ones into 5B, or will this be resolved?
I feel like this is a lot to cram into 40 minutes. (Still side-eyeing the decision to give Merida two centrics by herself this half season.) Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

I'm going to channel A&E&J here...

"I would be disappointed if we don't get to say goodbye to Merida".

Sorry, did you ask other questions?  Anyway, shoutout to all the ships!

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7

We have quite a bit of loose threads to tie up during the finale, so let's try and brainstorm how they might be resolved

A&E are here to answer your burning questions!

Will we say goodbye to the Camelot gang?

Probably. 

Will we say goodbye to Merida? Or is she still lying on the ground unconscious?

Yes.

Why was Merlin making a dark curse potion in the last episode? Will this be explained?

Can't say.

Will we see the missing conversation between Nimue and Hook where he apparently made a deal with her to get all the Dark Ones to come to Storybrooke in the flesh?

Can't say.

Will the gang defeat the new Dark Ones?

We hope so!

Will that random deadly cauldron Arthur was going to use on the heroes back in Camelot make a comeback?

Can't say.

Does the gang even care about Arthur and the Cameloteons anymore? Where did Arthur run off to after Emma knocked him out in the woods?

You'll definitely see Arthur in the finale. He has an important role, much like Belle did last year.

What happened to Merlin's wand that could conjure up tornados?

We'd be disappointed if it never came up again! But who knows, maybe the gang left it in Camelot.

Where the heck is Lancelot? Did he find his mother? Did he ever learn that his poor buddy Percival died?

Can't say.

Is Henry going to have to awkwardly say goodbye to Violet because these writers never like to carry storylines beyond the half season mark?

Henry and Violet had a very epic romance, and we would hate to not give them any sort of conclusion.

Does anyone care where Arthur's friend went after he disappeared into green smoke? Are we just supposed to accept that he died?

Who?

Will we actually learn what the term "snuffing the light" means?

Can't say.

Will Baby Hood actually get a name?

Can't say.

Will Dark Emma and Dark Hook remain Dark Ones into 5B, or will this be resolved?

You'll have to tune in and see!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8

I would not be sad at all if saying goodbye to Merida/Arthur, etc. happened in Offscreensville.

I mean, all of Operation Light Swan happened off screen, why not push some secondary characters to Offscreenville, too?

• Love 3

Don't tell me they'll find another door in the Sorcerer's House leading to Camelot and where the hell Merida came from.

Isn't the door Elsa & Co. went through still intact? Couldn't they just use that? Or does that door only go to Arendelle?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

If it did, they should have converted the Sorcerer's house into Emigration headquarters for anyone wanting to go back home.

I'm guessing new curse = Sorcerer's house is not there anymore.  Because convenient.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

• Does the gang even care about Arthur and the Cameloteons anymore? Where did Arthur run off to after Emma knocked him out in the woods?

I think he's still in jail. I've been kind of thinking that Zelena might get him out, now that she knows they teamed up in Camelot. We'll have to wait and see!

Isn't the door Elsa & Co. went through still intact? Couldn't they just use that? Or does that door only go to Arendelle?

It's to Arendelle but how far is that from Camelot anyway? I bet they're all within a day's walk of the Dark One vault!

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 2

It's to Arendelle but how far is that from Camelot anyway? I bet they're all within a day's walk of the Dark One vault!

True.  Arendelle could just start a nice little side business where they are basically the airport to and from the Fairytale lands and Storybrooke.

True. Arendelle could just start a nice little side business where they are basically the airport to and from the Fairytale lands and Storybrooke.

It's really not a bad idea. Arendelle is apparently just a couple seas over from the Enchanted Forest, and if you can get to the Enchanted Forest, you can get to nearly any realm you want with a day or two horse ride. It's small details like this the writers should utilize to their advantage, but instead of using something from their own canon, they'll probably end up making up some completely new magical device that can send the Cameloteons back home.

Another loose thread: will we ever learn about that random snow globe Rumple gave Hook in Birth?

• Love 1

My speculation now is that this arc finale will show a final Merlin flashback to explain all the seemingly inexplicable actions from 5A (but not before 5A, since we've forgotten all that now).  We will find an even bigger power, exterior character (someone from 5B), who will be interacting with Merlin (we will basically see what happened with Merlin from Nimue becoming Dark, up to him being trapped in the tree/and his astroprojections while inside the tree, and how this 5B character was involved).  So these flashbacks will explain why Merlin did what he did with Arthur, why Merlin went to see Emma in the theatre, and what exactly happened in Granny's before the Curse occurred.  I suspect we'll see the "missing" scene where Merlin begs Hook to sacrifice him for the greater good.  You know they can't make Hook into a big baddie, so this is the only alternative I can see.  

By the end of the episode, Merlin's "plan" will mostly work, Nimue will be defeated, Arthur will play the role he was meant to play, BUT a snag... the aforementioned bigger power, exterior character (whoever will figure in 5B) will emerge as a new threat or related to a new threat.

Too dark for you?  No worries, this cliffhanger will only be shown in the final 5 minutes, AFTER we have a happy reunion between Lancelot and Guinevere, and after everyone bids Merida farewell.  And the ultimate reward, we will finally get the 30 second scene between Snow, Charming and Emma we've all been waiting for.  Oops, sorry, my bad... that was a deleted scene; instead, we will see Merida return to her land as Queen as the clans cheer and exclaim how much they missed her abrasive personality.  Don't see Robin, Zelena and the baby listed here?  Don't worry, they'll be shoehorned in too.  Oh, I almost forgot the fallout from Belle breaking up with Rumple.  Don't worry, there's time for that too.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3

The writers of this show are so intelligent.  I'm sure we will soon see the One Duck That Rules Them All. The question is whether it will be Donald or Daisy.

The realm we'll be visiting in 5B... Toontown. Merlin has been in cahoots with Judge Doom this whole time! Roger Rabbit is really the White Rabbit's nephew! Robin falls in love with Jessica Rabbit! Eddie Valiant and Emma swap supernatural criminal investigation stories!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

I'm getting so antsy waiting for this episode! So, I'm adding more questions to the prediction game to pass the time. There a spoiler version in the Spoiler thread. Feel free to answer/add more.

Will we see Merlin this episode?

Yes. As Obi Wan Merlin.
Will we see Lancelot this episode? 

Who?
Will Snow and Charming have more than two lines?

Highly doubtful.

Is Hook playing a long con to destroy the Darkness, or is he full-on Dark One?
He is full-on DO.

What happens to the Cameloteans?

Emma will de-sand Guin and the rest. Anton conveniently comes up with another Magic Bean and they all leave by the end of the episode.

I sort of wish we'd taken the time to make bingo cards with all our ridiculous--and not-so-ridiculous ideas on them.  B-32:  Hook magically throws Snow into a tree.  I-14:  Unnessary flashback involving _____.  N: . . . .

I don't think Hook will want Emma to split her heart if he has a say in the matter. I doubt Charming would have wanted Snow to do it if he had been conscious for that decision. Of course this would work better if they had ever shown us any of the consequences of heart sharing.

• Love 4

Here's why I think we didn't get any resolution on Merida or the Camelot characters.  I think they're considering pulling a Zelena and keeping one or more of them for 6A.  I do think we'll see them at least once in 5B, since Merida has the booze that lets her talk to dead people (aka, booze), but it will be the final test for the producers before they sign any of the actors to more permanent roles.  Part of the reason I think this is Elsa from 4A.  She was well received and a lot of us wanted to keep her.  We couldn't, of course, as Disney only loaned out the Frozen people for that half season and intend to make more money off them so the lead can't be on television.  I think they (Once, not Disney) were hoping for a similar reaction for Merida and/or the Camelot crew but, this time, there's an option to keep the one(s) who are well received.  From what I've seen, I'd say that Arthur (the actor), Gwen and Lance (the characters) were the best received while Merida was...not.  So, hypothetically, if they decide to sign any of that group, I'd expect Arthur to stick around (maybe to take Rumpel's place as the general shit stirrer if Carlyle really did only sign for 5 seasons, on a redemption tour if Carlyle sticks around, or to displace Robin and give Regina a love interest who might actually make sense), Gwen and Lance to stick around long enough to wrap up their story while pitching in on whatever happens in season 6, and Merida to go home super fast at the end of 5B. 

• Love 2

I do wonder if Robert Carlyle will stick around beyond season 5. I don't know of any reasons he wouldn't, but this arc also seems like a good chance to finally kill the character, either in some kind of sacrificial way (maybe something to do with Bae in the underworld?) or by making him the ultimate big bad who needs to be defeated once and for all. I know these writers are fans of "redeeming" the unredeemable, but I really get the impression that they don't have any intention of giving Rumple a happily ever after with Belle. 

We don't know how much time passed between Hook's death and the Nevengers going to the Underworld. It's possible they will revisit some of these in between moments in flashbacks like why everyone decided to go when some of them have infants whose birth mother they just sent away and what happened to the Camelotians(?) and Merida.

• Love 2

5B seems like it will echo the Neverland arc in many ways.

Everyone thinks a looming disaster is averted.

Sudden but Inevitable betrayal of a villain.

Everyone getting on a boat/ship to save someone. 

The characters confronting their past in a new land.

Glimpses of characters left behind in Storybrooke. 

Rumple died a heroically at the end of 3A. I have a feeling Rumple will die a villain at the end of 5B. At least I hope so. The writers could well make A Rumbelle TLK get rid of the Dark Curse, and give Rumple a fresh freah start yet again.

• Love 3
The writers could well make A Rumbelle TLK get rid of the Dark Curse, and give Rumple a fresh freah start yet again.

I don't think even a TLK would really change Rumple. Here he was, with a purified heart, turned into enough of a hero that he was able to pull Excalibur from the stone, and he was still rotten enough to taunt Hook and then undermine his sacrifice so that Rumple could get all the power. He did all that with a "pure" heart and no Darkness in him. So if he even allowed a TLK to work (doubtful), he'd still be the same old Rumple.

I think it's been proved thoroughly that Belle is utterly wrong about him and he does not, in fact, have a "good heart." The question is, will she see that? Will she be pissed about him hiding the fact that he's the Dark One from her, or will she excuse that and be more impressed by the fact that he went on the Hook rescue mission?

• Love 3

I wouldn't put anything past these writers, but I still don't really think they would make Belle end up with Rumple after everything he's pulled. Before tonight, they could hand wave all his evil deeds as him just being controlled by the darkness. This time he actively chose the darkness himself (and not in the same way as the first time, where he was trying to protect his son). He's proven that even as a normal human who isn't under the influence of the darkness, he'll still choose power above anything else. And honestly, I kind of respect that the writers chose to go that route. My preferred ending for Rumple would've been him either getting a second chance with Bae, or him sacrificing himself for Bae. But since both those options went out the window a long time ago, I just want him to go out in a blaze of evil glory. I was never sold on Rumbelle, but at this point, if Belle were to take him back after everything he's done, it would become one of my most hated TV relationships.

• Love 2

I think it's been proved thoroughly that Belle is utterly wrong about him and he does not, in fact, have a "good heart." The question is, will she see that? Will she be pissed about him hiding the fact that he's the Dark One from her, or will she excuse that and be more impressed by the fact that he went on the Hook rescue mission?

My pure guess about Belle?  Once the gang tattle about Rumple being the Dark One again, some more? She's going to shrug and say, " And?"  Belle will decide that she's tired of working so hard alone, likes the sex, likes the perks, Mo keeps his distance and (potentially) she's pregnant now. (Like others have speculated due to the actress' real life pregnancy.) 

I think that we were supposed to take Lacey as an actual part of Belle. I don't like it, but maybe one nap too far and Belle quietly decided that there was a lot of perks to being wife of the big fish in a small pond. That is why she came back after Henry's call. Belle was raised, if not wealthy, then very comfortably. Being alone in the World Without Magic isn't easy.  She doesn't have to be evil, just unconcerned. It's still bad, but it would be something different for Emilie to play, something a bit more proactive.  The interest would come in seeing if Gold/Rumple truly enjoys the WeAreBoth of  LaceyBelle. Whenever he has time to remember her.

The Belle of this show isn't the Belle I needed or wanted, so the above at least builds on what's been on-screen before and asks a couple of questions that could be interestingly answered- Why is Belle still here? and Could Gold truly like her reasons?

• Love 1

I was thinking that the writers must have been really annoyed that Ginny got pregnant too far into planning to write her character as staying home to take care of the babies. She could make casual cameo appearances using Merida's ale and everything would have made sense. But no, now pregnant Ginny will be wandering around the Underworld and they'll have to be really creative to cover it up. Maybe they'll have to do tasks or something in order to go home and Snow's task can be up first, so she can leave and take care of the baby whose firsts she was so desperate not to miss.

I don't suppose this would happen but since they didn't show the Camelotians returning. ..and Arthur did say they could rebuild Camelot in SB...if some of the Nevengers had stayed in SB we could have had dual storylines with Retrieve Killian and Arthur Usurps SB...maybe the dwarves and Granny can try to thwart Arthur'evil takeover..

• Love 3

. I have a feeling Rumple will die a villain at the end of 5B. At least I hope so..

oh yes...bastard needs to die and go out in excruciating agony of epic proportions. ..preferably on the receiving end of a righteous Emma. I know many would think Killian deserves to put him down but I think the woman who was screwed over from BIRTH by Rumple should have the honour.
  • Love 3

Emma has to be the one to end Rumple and destroy the Darkness once and for all, whether it is at the end of 5B, or Season 6, or whenever it's the end of the Show. 

Instead, I'm afraid the writers will have Belle TLK him, and have it work this time. Then, he will have another fresh start with Baelfire 2.0. Nope.

• Love 3

A&E are here to answer your burning questions!

Will we say goodbye to the Camelot gang?

Probably.

Will we say goodbye to Merida? Or is she still lying on the ground unconscious?

Yes.

Why was Merlin making a dark curse potion in the last episode? Will this be explained?

Can't say.

Will we see the missing conversation between Nimue and Hook where he apparently made a deal with her to get all the Dark Ones to come to Storybrooke in the flesh?

Can't say.

Will the gang defeat the new Dark Ones?

We hope so!

Will that random deadly cauldron Arthur was going to use on the heroes back in Camelot make a comeback?

Can't say.

Does the gang even care about Arthur and the Cameloteons anymore? Where did Arthur run off to after Emma knocked him out in the woods?

You'll definitely see Arthur in the finale. He has an important role, much like Belle did last year.

What happened to Merlin's wand that could conjure up tornados?

We'd be disappointed if it never came up again! But who knows, maybe the gang left it in Camelot.

Where the heck is Lancelot? Did he find his mother? Did he ever learn that his poor buddy Percival died?

Can't say.

Is Henry going to have to awkwardly say goodbye to Violet because these writers never like to carry storylines beyond the half season mark?

Henry and Violet had a very epic romance, and we would hate to not give them any sort of conclusion.

Does anyone care where Arthur's friend went after he disappeared into green smoke? Are we just supposed to accept that he died?

Who?

Will we actually learn what the term "snuffing the light" means?

Can't say.

Will Baby Hood actually get a name?

Can't say.

Will Dark Emma and Dark Hook remain Dark Ones into 5B, or will this be resolved?

You'll have to tune in and see!

I'm quoting this because LOL.

• Love 3

Heh. The only things we truly got answers to was Merlin's random tornado wand (definitely did not think they'd bring that one back, or retcon the reason why it works), the gang defeating the Dark Ones (except not really because Rumple is a Dark One again), and the Dark One statuses of Emma and Hook going forward. Everything else got dropped. Wow.

Right? I'm usually pretty ambivalent about this show and loose ends because a) it's a tv show and I've been dealing with loose-ends since I first watched Jordan Catalano on My So-Called Life, and b) TS, TW.

But...

I mean, when did these guys become the Peter Molyneux of the tv world??

I get stuff gets cut, and I'm not even mad about it being cut, because I would for sure prefer time be spent on the main characters instead of 1,000 side characters, but if that's the case, leave it out entirely and never plan for it to be resolved in a 45 minute episode. lol. Makes me wonder how the Merlin/Meridia/Camelot stuff would have changed how we viewed the ending. All I can hope is that we pretend none of it ever existed and move on.

• Love 1

Wonder what Hook’s reaction will be when Emma shows up in the UW and is all, “Babe, I’m going to split my heart in two and give you the other half.”  After going through so much to sacrifice himself, it’ll be interesting to see if he’s at all conflicted about the choice to live again or stay in the UW (and I hope he's given a choice), especially if the cost is Emma doing more harm to herself.

• Love 2

I don't think that Rumple is actually being bribed by Emma - he is co-opting her plan. He's going to try to save Neal and I don't necessarily think he's going to use his own heart to do it (he'll probably do something gross like split Henry's heart).

I'm 90% sure this isn't going to happen, but it's what I hope. Rumple is not really the Dark One. He fabricated the Dagger (which is why it looks different) and the voices Emma heard. It's all part of his manipulation plan to get Neal back.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized Rumple used magic to immobilize Emma.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'm 90% sure this isn't going to happen, but it's what I hope. Rumple is not really the Dark One. He fabricated the Dagger (which is why it looks different) and the voices Emma heard. It's all part of his manipulation plan to get Neal back.

Edit: Nevermind. I just realized Rumple used magic to immobilize Emma.

The whole sword looked like the dagger now does after Hook trapped the Dark Ones in it. He didn't change anything. It changed on its own. 

There are a whole bunch of new stills where you can see Excalibur has changed colors.