Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

From what I watched, it just seemed like Dallas just couldn't get a stop or a basket when they needed. That just didn't work against Boston, who could. 

And you just can't shoot your way back into the game against them. 

Dallas seems either to be missing a piece, or someone outside of Luca and Kylie needs to develop a bigger presence game on and out. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Fukui San said:

With Horford getting a ring, James Harden becomes the player who's played in the most postseason games without winning a ring.

Among active players.  He's still chasing the immortal duo of Stockton and Malone.

21 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just saw that JJ Redick has agreed to a 4 year contract with the Lakers. Who wants to get he actually survives that long? 😂😂😂😂

If he's there after the 4 yrs & the Lakers have an NBA Championship during those 4 yrs, it'll be an absolute miracle. 

I can't wait to see how JJ Redick will fall flat on his face during his time as a Lakers Head Coach.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Just saw that JJ Redick has agreed to a 4 year contract with the Lakers. Who wants to bet he actually survives that long? 😂😂😂😂

He needs to go the Monty Williams route of getting fired after year 1 while still being guaranteed all of the cash.  Seriously, he's getting paid $65 million to not work - are we sure he isn't smarter than every other person in the league? 

• Like 3
(edited)

He was obv hired because he’s friends with LeBron. Seems like a lame decision but I guess we will see.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 1
(edited)

The only reason I'm tolerating this Celtics Parade right now is that plenty of Laker fans are very very salty right now about it. I flat out don't give a damn about the Celtics reaching 18 & passing the Lakers (17) nor is it worth giving a damn about it like ESPN thinks you should. But, the Laker fans have to be absolutely disgusted about the Parade & that make me chuckle somewhat. 

Edited by Magog
  • Like 7
1 hour ago, grommit2 said:

Ah yes...the annual Pro Basketball exercise in chasing that one more player who can get you all the way through the playoffs. 🤑

Well it worked for the 79-80 Lakers and Abdul-Jabber didn't even play in the final game of 1980.

• Useful 1

The Nova Knicks are complete. Is there anyone else from those championship Villanova teams that the Knicks would like to acquire. Should Thibodeau be worried that they are going to replace him with Jay Wright?

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, shoregirl said:

The Nova Knicks are complete. Is there anyone else from those championship Villanova teams that the Knicks would like to acquire. Should Thibodeau be worried that they are going to replace him with Jay Wright?

I don't want Jay Wright having to suffer being a coach for the scummy Knicks. He doesn't deserve that type of agony. BTW, Tom Thibodeau sucks.

Tonight is the 2024 NBA Draft. This yrs Draft may be kind of crummy. But, there are some gems & diamonds in the rough to be found in this Draft.

For some damn reason, the NBA thinks its a good idea that the 2 rounds of the NBA Draft have to take 2 nights to complete. 😒

The 1st round is tonight at 8pm on ESPN/ABC (😒) & the 2nd round is on tomorrow at 4pm on ESPN. Yay 😒

BTW, Bronny is not getting drafted tonight. I don't know who is going to draft him, but its not going to happen tonight.

Edited by Magog

I can't wait for the tell-all book years from now about Bronny - and perhaps by Bronny. I kinda feel sorry for the dude. It's obvious he isn't ready for the NBA and that going to the NBA now will wreck any chance he has of a real career. He'd be far better served doing at least one more year of college ball, to improve his skills and get stronger, but here we are: A guy who wouldn't even be drafted this year if not for his father is going to be drafted, and his most likely outcome is that he's relegated to playing some garbage time with his dad and then dropped altogether once his dad retires. I don't know this guy at all, but he'd have to be a truly colossal jerk for me to think he deserves all the humiliation that's coming his way the next few years. He's already gone through cardiac arrest, that's enough punishment for the average jerk!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

The 2nd round is today at 4pm on ESPN. Yay.😒

To the surprise of nobody, Bronny didn't get drafted yesterday. The Lakers have pick #55 & everybody is certain that the Lakers are picking Bronny at #55. Or another team could surprise us & pick Bronny. 

It seems to go against everything sports is supposed to be about. I glad Jerry West wasn't here to witness this. Now will some Laker have the guts to cut James to have a full roster is the question 

• Like 5

In a surprise to absolutely nobody, the Lakers drafted Bronny with their #55 pick. Yay.😒

It was suppose to be somewhat heartwarming that Bronny got picked by the Lakers to play with his father LeBron.. But for some reason, I wasn't feeling it. 

Hopefully, Bronny can prove a lot of the doubters wrong. I'm certain that he'll be playing in this years Summer League. Hopefully he can learn a few things there, so that he can be somewhat productive & help the Lakers win a few games next season. Besides, Bronny can't suck worse than Austin Rivers sorry ass.

1 hour ago, Magog said:

Besides, Bronny can't suck worse than Austin Rivers sorry ass.

Yes, yes he can...😸 (actually seriously - he can!)

Austin Rivers may also have benefited from pure nepotism (Austin Jones doesn't get a $35 million dollar contract) but he did end up playing relatively well, and was a serviceable bench guy for much of his career.  If Bronny matches that then he counts as a success. 

• Like 3

CBS Sports had a pretty good article on Bronny's potential development - mainly what LBJ might or might not do to fuck it up.

LBJ has never shown any sign of restraining himself from making decisions that technically belong to other people to make before, so the idea that he will restrain himself in regards to decisions about his son's practice and playing seems...unlikely.

• Like 7

While watching all of the flagrant 1's aimed towards Clark I do wonder how many welcome neppo baby pops will get launched at young James

(edited)

Unless his teammates hate his guts and don't fear retribution from LeDad, they're not going to just the turn the other cheek if he gets bludgeoned.  Plus if he takes the high road he'll be labeled as a wimp, so Bronny has to stand up for himself and get involved in one of these fake basketball fights.

Edited by baldryanr

Free Agency has just started & already we got some big news.

Paul George going to the 76ers for 4yr - $212 Million. The 76ers are going to get a taste of Pandemic P in the Playoffs. I hope that Embiid is ready for more heartbreak.

Tyrese Maxey got a 5 yr - $204 Million extension to stay with the 76ers.

James Harden is going to bring even more sucking to the Clippers for 2yr - $70 Million.

Since those Warriors are not going to pay Chris Paul his $30 Million for next season, they decided to waive Chris Paul & then he went to the Spurs for 1 year  - 11 Million. Hopefully, Wemby can learn a few things from Chris Paul on his road to NBA greatness & hopefully not catch the injury bug that has been plaguing Chris Paul in his career.

On 6/21/2024 at 7:31 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Looks like Klay is headed to the Mavs. 

Are you sure about that? I'm hearing at this moment that LeBron is trying to recruit Klay Thompson to come to the Lakers. 

(edited)
17 minutes ago, Magog said:

Paul George going to the 76ers for 4yr - $212 Million. The 76ers are going to get a taste of Pandemic P in the Playoffs. I hope that Embiid is ready for more heartbreak.

We got through watching Ben Simmons, James Harden and Tobias Harris (how is possible to score 0 points in an emilination game) we'll get through this if we have to.

Yay to extending Tyrese Maxey and also resigning Kelly Oubre Jr .

Edited by shoregirl
  • Like 1

The Celtics resigned Derrick White and Luke Kornet to contract extensions. The Atlantic division in the Eastern Conference will be very tough to win next year. 

• Applause 1
27 minutes ago, kathyk2 said:

The Celtics resigned Derrick White and Luke Kornet to contract extensions. The Atlantic division in the Eastern Conference will be very tough to win next year. 

I'm updating my post because I just read on Yahoo that the current owners of the Celtics are looking to sell the team. I'm shocked because the Celtics just won a championship and have kept a low profile compared to other owners.

5 hours ago, Magog said:

Tyrese Maxey got a 5 yr - $204 Million extension to stay with the 76ers.

James Harden is going to bring even more sucking to the Clippers for 2yr - $70 Million.

Since those Warriors are not going to pay Chris Paul his $30 Million for next season, they decided to waive Chris Paul & then he went to the Spurs for 1 year  - 11 Million. Hopefully, Wemby can learn a few things from Chris Paul on his road to NBA greatness & hopefully not catch the injury bug that has been plaguing Chris Paul in his career.

Are you sure about that? I'm hearing at this moment that LeBron is trying to recruit Klay Thompson to come to the Lakers. 

Klay 3 years 50 mil to the Mavs. 

And Tatum just got a massive contract. Weird that the Celtics owner wants to sell now when they can win a lot more titles in the next 5 years.

I haven't watched the NBA for a bit, but I follow Tatum because he's from St. Louis. 

He reportedly signed for $314M, a seemingly random amount. But what you may not know is that 314 is the area code for STL. Coincidence? Nobody here thinks so. 🤔 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Klay 3 years 50 mil to the Mavs. 

That should of surprised me that those Warriors didn't give Klay Thompson his money that he richly deserves. But, Joe Lacob is an absolute dumbass & I wish him a lot of luck on those Warriors being championship contenders in the next 5 yrs. Hopefully, Joe Lacob will never ever see another championship. He's got a few too many for my liking. (🤬)

As for Steph, I'm thinking that he's crying in a room in his big house somewhere that his teammate & fellow Splash Brother is playing in another team next season. Somebody (hopefully a cactus) needs to give him a hug right now & tell him that "Its going to be all right." I know that a certain Warriors bootlicker & die-hard Steph Curry fan club member (Stephen A) is very very sad right now about this.

Its only been one day of Free Agency & the Lakers don't have anyone signed yet. And LeBron probably signing an extension to them in the coming days doesn't count nor do I find it newsworthy.

Edited by Magog
  • Angry 1

I wonder how many other kids drafted at 55 got such attention.

Mychal Thompson whining about Klay choosing Dallas over the Lakers sounded like such a petulant child.  Klay is a 34 year old man.  He doesn’t have to do what daddy wants.

• Like 6
(edited)

In an absolute surprise to nobody, LeBron has just signed a 2yr - $104 Million Max contract with the Lakers with a player option for the 2025-2026 season & a No-Trade clause. Yay.😒

BTW, Bronny also just signed a contract with the Lakers. Its 4yr - $7.9 Million with a team-option for the 4th year. Yay.

Man, its going to make Spectrum Sportsnet Lakers Postgame Show even more Must-See TV.

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 1

Based on their off season moves, I would venture to guess that the Los Angeles Lakers put more effort into trying to make America love them.  Instead of, you know, put together a winning, championship team, which is what it takes for people to hate them for a valid reason, to be honest.

(edited)

Today is the first day of NBA Summer League action. Yay. 😒

I kind of don't mind NBA Summer League because even though I'm on NBA Summer Vacation & most of the games are nap-inducing, it gives the young players an introduction to the NBA & they can show some of their skills & see what type of their game need some improvement to be ready for the upcoming NBA Season. 

BTW, the Lakers are playing the Kings today to start their Summer League action & I'm certain that Bronny will be playing in the game. And in a shock to nobody, the game will be airing today on ESPN at 4:30pm.

Edited by Magog
9 minutes ago, Carey said:

Based on their off season moves, I would venture to guess that the Los Angeles Lakers put more effort into trying to make America love them.  Instead of, you know, put together a winning, championship team, which is what it takes for people to hate them for a valid reason, to be honest.

If Bronny had lead USC to the Final Four and the Lakers had a lucky lottery pick as with Magic, America might love the nepotism,  which I dare say as a national culture we hate, as not actually nepotism. But rather a Ken Griffey Jr type situation.

Sports fanatics, in a pre Olympic drought and having an empty space due to the strike starved entertainment world will do what they do to fill hours.

• Like 2

Well I am back here after a long strange trip. I was here under a previous regime, somehow missed all the drama with the new ownership.

Anyway, Kawhi Leonard dropped out of the US Olympic team. Derrick White will replace him.

• Like 2

Yes, Derrick White replaces Kashi.  I am a Derrick fan...he plays fast, tough, and team-wise.  But...ominous music...NOT Jaylen Brown. I understand the defensive prowess of White.  But, they skip over Brown?  Oh boy. 🤔

2 hours ago, grommit2 said:

Yes, Derrick White replaces Kashi.  I am a Derrick fan...he plays fast, tough, and team-wise.  But...ominous music...NOT Jaylen Brown. I understand the defensive prowess of White.  But, they skip over Brown?  Oh boy. 🤔

Brown has said some ... uh, questionable things. Like he seemed to agree with Kyrie about the anti-Semitic stuff and also the flat earth and anti-vaccine stuff. Also, he called out Nike for unsponsoring Kyrie. Nike is a big sponsor of the Olympics.

Grant Hill is the US National Team coordinator and he seems to want fairly wholesome players. Like whatever you think about Lebron or Steph as people, they're fairly inoffensive off the court.

So I know it was just an exhibition game, but Team USA vs Canada was an interesting matchup. A few thoughts:

- Embiid struggled. He got into foul trouble, and was a bit too slow for the small guards that dominated Canada.

- Lebron, AD, Steph, Tatum, Ant Edwards, Devin Booker, Jrue all looked really good.

- Tyrese Haliburton also looked very good. Team needs a pure passer/floor general and that's what he was. Also did not have him playing lockdown defense on Jamal Murray on my bingo card.

- Once we get Kevin Durant back I think the starting lineup will be: AD, KD, Lebron, Ant/Book and Steph. 

- Canada is an excellent team too. Jamal Murray struggled again. So (shockingly) did SGA. But once they get in the groove it could be a real medal contender.

• Like 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

So I know it was just an exhibition game, but Team USA vs Canada was an interesting matchup. A few thoughts:

It was interesting that while its currently NBA Summer vacation for me. That I watched this game & I somehow didn't take a nap watching this.

I know that Team USA is the big favorite to get the Gold again (yay) & it'll be a nice result. But, it'll be somewhat nicer if "by some miracle" Team USA doesn't win the Gold in Paris. I know for certain that LeBron will definitely get blame for this if it happens, even though it will not be his fault if it happens. But, I really want to see Steph take that walk of shame in a Team USA loss that will deny them the Gold Medal. 

1 hour ago, Is Everyone Gone said:

- Canada is an excellent team too. Jamal Murray struggled again. So (shockingly) did SGA. But once they get in the groove it could be a real medal contender.

It would of been a nice team if it wasn't for them having that sucky scumbag Dillon Brooks on the team. First of all, I didn't know that Dillon Brooks is from Canada. Second, The Canada team couldn't find or have enough qualifying NBA Players that they have to resort to having Dillon Brooks on the team. Its bad enough that Dillon Brooks sucks & the Houston Rockets haven't wised up yet & gotten rid of him.  Now, I have to deal with his very tiresome daily bullshit last night & there's going to be more of this crap from him during the Olympics. Just him being on an Olympic team for Basketball really infuriates me.

Edited by Magog
1 hour ago, Magog said:

It was interesting that while its currently NBA Summer vacation for me. That I watched this game & I somehow didn't take a nap watching this.

I know that Team USA is the big favorite to get the Gold again (yay) & it'll be a nice result. But, it'll be somewhat nicer if "by some miracle" Team USA doesn't win the Gold in Paris. I know for certain that LeBron will definitely get blame for this if it happens, even though it will not be his fault if it happens. But, I really want to see Steph take that walk of shame in a Team USA loss that will deny them the Gold Medal. 

I don't think USA is losing. They didn't lose in Tokyo and that team had Javale McGee, Keldon Johnson and Jerami Grant.

As for Canada they don't have Andrew Wiggins, who has been going through a shit ton of personal problems the last 2 years. A lot of Twitter rumors about what they are.

14 minutes ago, Magog said:

Even with his obvious struggles so far in the Summer League, he's still showing more heart out there while learning in the Summer League than that loser Ben Simmons' entire NBA career.

Well...I think that is true for everyone in history, right?  I mean, I've shown more heart than Simmons just watching highlights.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1