Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E22: Live From L.A., It's Kendall K

• Start Topic

The team moves to Los Angeles; Kendall feels pressured from the demands of pop stardom coupled with a solo; and Abby makes a decision that could jeopardize ALDC LA's first competition.

It reminds me of the movie "Rock of Ages."  Double the E, double the Z double the flava!  Lol.

The whole thing is totally ludicrous.

lol @ pop stardom. Quit trying to make this happen.

And what's up,with Mack-Z and Kendall K? i can't even figure out what then Abby is trying to rip off with these.

It reminds me of the movie "Rock of Ages."  Double the E, double the Z double the flava!  Lol.

The whole thing is totally ludicrous.

Sorry for the weird post.  I don't really know how to do the quote thing :/

• Love 2

Still watching the episode but pretty sure I about had a seizure watching Kendall's video. Goodness. Also? Abby was upset about how "sexual" Nia's video was? What about Kendall's? Will someone please sneak into my home and remove this from my DVR? I'm not able. Once I start something I'm never able to quit, I have to see it through to the end. It is s curse. I did enjoy the promotional video they did with the song Masterpiece, or I think that is what the song is called.

• Love 1

Totally disappointed in this episode. Maybe Abby acting weird is her way of getting back at production but in the mean time she looks like a loony toon. Now did Kendall compete or not? I didn't think so - but then no one mentioned anything when they called Abby later.

Also that's what Abby calls a premiere? I felt bad for Nia that more people showed up for Kendall - but I think they actually showed up because all the girls were there whereas at Nia's concert - only she and Jojo were there. I still can't see Kendall going anywhere. I thought they had changed up the video because I never remembered her dancing at the end - but you know what - I didn't really care for it and guess I didn't bother watching the whole thing.

And Abby - Mac Z is not a junior pop star - only in your dreams - like the size 16 outfits you're wearing - I know TV adds 10 lbs - but you're still no size 16.

I don't think so. She said in the article that she's started to gain the weight back, and is " scared to death" or something to that effect.

You can mess up a gastric bypass by overeating too.

Abby doesn't look like a size 16 to me either, not even if you add 40 pounds for teevee.  1x at the smallest.

• Love 2

I'm happy for her that she's lost some of the weight and that she continues to try to build on that weight loss. It's weird to me though that you wouldn't have your prescription refilled BEFORE you leave for a foreign country, and that you would stay on a medication that made you ill even after you came back. 

After last night and some of the other stints in LA I figured she was on a different kind of medication, guess not. She's just completely nuts and has no idea how to run a studio. Why move these girls out to LA if you're just going to leave them? Why didn't they have the props they needed? Why did Kendall K have no costume?

I think Kendall's video is just weird. Have no idea what the song is about and it doesn't look any "cleaner" than Nia's. Felt bad for Nia that there were more people there for Kendall's premiere, but I figure that's down to being in Australia vs. LA. And who calls a 13-year-old a traitor for taking advantage of an opportunity? Why isn't Maddie a traitor???

• Love 6

When Abby was rustling through all of the stuff in her bag she looked like someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder.  On the 5% chance that it wasn't staged, her behavior looked deeply pathological.  Kendell's video was a joke when they shot it and was as much of a joke in its completed form.  She's a pretty girl but she has all of the charisma of bowl of oatmeal. Nia is a far more polished performer.  Jill continues to amaze by exceeding her prior levels of stupidity every week.  It was hilarious that Kalani "won" by doing an entirely different dance than the one that she rehearsed.  Wonder what Abby would have thought of that?  Have you noticed that when Abby is bizarre or negligent, Melissa says nothing?  If her nose was any further up Abby's butt, she would be breathing through Abby's nose.

• Love 6

I noticed that Melissa had very little to say at all during the episode. Reminded me of the first year where she pretty much didn't get involved with the moms. One thing I noticed was the smirk on Kendall's face when Abby was going on about Nia being a traitor. Then later, at the premiere, Kendall making the comment about we're all sisters - ah yeah - sure. Now this was a big deal for Kendall - don't you think her dad and sister, who was also in the video, would have been there?

Kendall is not cut out for this. She becomes too stressed and cries at the drop of a hat. And it's not because she's a perfectionist but because she becomes too overwhelmed.

I also didn't like Abby putting Maddie at the top with the excuse that she was so humble. When humble comes to mind I think of Nia and Chloe.I think Maddie's been coached to on what to say in front of the cameras as we've seen a different side of her throughout the years.

Abby is really losing it because she's pulled routines because they were fully prepared and yet she takes off - the 2 girls have no props and never preacticed with props and then Kendall's doesn't have a costume. Isn't it the mom's responsibility to make sure they have ll those things? Throughout the years all the mom's have been yelled at for not having the props and costumes available.

Oh, and I had to laugh - Abby's a freaking mess but she has her Prada bag. She must be rolling in dough because I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a purse and then throwing an unwrapped cookie in there - and now we know why she's gaining weight. Every time she disappears - the producers end up taking pictures of her stuffing food in her month at drive ins.

• Love 3

Per People Magazine, Abby lost a bunch of weight because some medication she was taking made her nauseated and unable to eat. Apparently she's gone from a size 24 to a 16.

ROFLMAO!  It is called gastric by-pass and puking is one of the side effects (especially if you eat on morsel more than what your "new" stomach can handle).  My cousin puked for weeks after her by-pass surgery. 

• Love 3

You don't need earrings to lead a rehearsal.  It just isn't important.  Why all of a sudden is this a priority?  And if it is so important for your image for television, why is dumping all your stuff out of your bag (including the stuff that "isn't for children's eye's"-- did anyone catch that?) not included in your image?  That is what I'd like to know.  Abby is a hypocrite.  We've known that for years, however.

• Love 1

also didn't like Abby putting Maddie at the top with the excuse that she was so humble. When humble comes to mind I think of Nia and Chloe.I think Maddie's been coached to on what to say in front of the cameras as we've seen a different side of her throughout the years.

Got a chuckle out of that too. Mainly because of Abby calling it her "humbleness." The word is humility Abby, humility. Maddie doesn't come off as a spoiled brat to me really, but she can be a little arrogant sometimes. She's starting to buy what Melissa and Abby have been selling and that worries me for her. 

• Love 3

Abby's behavior in LA is so bizarre and this episode I watched her a bit closer.  She looks, acts, and sounds to me like she's doing some self-medication in LA that she isn't doing in Pittsburgh.  It would explain her very odd behavior of dumping a purse and looking for not needed earrings and playing with a pile of paper instead of rehearsing the dances.  Also that rambling excuse when she'd already said she wouldn't be at the competition was a classic for substance abuse.  

• Love 2

Abby's behavior in LA is so bizarre and this episode I watched her a bit closer.  She looks, acts, and sounds to me like she's doing some self-medication in LA that she isn't doing in Pittsburgh.  It would explain her very odd behavior of dumping a purse and looking for not needed earrings and playing with a pile of paper instead of rehearsing the dances.  Also that rambling excuse when she'd already said she wouldn't be at the competition was a classic for substance abuse.  

She was clearly wearing earrings at one point during this scene.  That might have been bad editing, though.

• Love 1

Since the article above says she was diagnosed with diabetes and put on something, it's possible that medicine was metformin. Metformin can make you really sick to your stomach and reduce appetite. It can also (in PCOS patients specifically) speed up weight loss. It's also generally prescribed in an increasing dose, so maybe her dose bumped when she was overseas and it set her off. I hate to defend Abby but having experienced Met firsthand, she could actually be telling the truth.

• Love 1

Still watching the episode but pretty sure I about had a seizure watching Kendall's video. Goodness. Also? Abby was upset about how "sexual" Nia's video was? What about Kendall's? Will someone please sneak into my home and remove this from my DVR? I'm not able. Once I start something I'm never able to quit, I have to see it through to the end. It is s curse. I did enjoy the promotional video they did with the song Masterpiece, or I think that is what the song is called.

I was thinking the same thing, Kendall was sitting on a guy's back and tossing water on those army guys.  It also wasn't anything like her personality/life, which was another complaint about Nia's.  In terms of singing, I thought Kendall sounded less auto-tuned than "Mac Z," but I couldn't understand the lyrics at all.  

I can never stop watching shows once I start either.  I keep hoping this gets cancelled so I can forget all these screwed up people.

• Love 1

Also that rambling excuse when she'd already said she wouldn't be at the competition was a classic for substance abuse.  

That was a script.  The way they gave the phone to Kalani's mom, on speaker phone, saying random things and then they all walked out of the room while Abby says "hello, anyone there?"  That was kind of funny.  I can really see them acting now, especially Holly and Abby.  A lot of it is too repetitive though.  They need to mix it up.

• Love 1

I don't necessarily think Abby is acting here, at least with the "crazy" part.   Yes, I know this show is scripted within an inch of its life.  I also didn't see the Australia shows.  The main difference to me is production is now deliberately showing Abby in the worst light possible.  I think the beef between production and Abby is very real, hence the show has zero issue showing Abby sitting in her car stuffing her face or ranting about earrings or looking like a straight up loon. Previously they just edited her as mean, not necessarily crazy.  So I think things that would have ended on the editing room floor in the past are now a part of the show because production just doesn't give a crap anymore.

• Love 4
(edited)

Abby saying to Nia that she's 13, she has to be responsible for herself and that she needs to start making decisions... lol. If Abby had a 13 year old child I would love to see them making the decisions. Besides, if it was up to Nia, the best decision to make would be to not have Abby around. Abby's whole fake story behind the dance is just plain mean girls and I think Abby forgets cameras get all of what she does and says. 

In some ways, I really like Jill. I think she seems like she's a fun person. But damn is she a terrible, pushy stage mother. Kendall is going to have some massive issues, worse than she already does. Hopefully, Jill pulls off the pressure and Kendall won't go into a massive downward spiral when she inevitably is not some major sensation.

I'm pretty sure the video premier was at City Walk (just guessing based on what I saw). And if I'm right, the area this debut happened in, isn't that big, and it's just a little trick angles to make it look so crowded. Probably a lot of people just walking through. Don't know what was worse, the video or the song.

Oh, and Maddie's "humbleness"? Lol.

Edited by DoctorWhovian

I admit that I watched *hangs head in shame* and I noticed production did show an unflattering clip of Abby licking her mouth and a really awkward moment where Melissa did her murine smile while watching her kids on stage. I think that since Abby's started complaining about production, the kid gloves are off.

That's what I mean.  I think those things have always happened.  We just didn't get to see them before.

I also meant to mention that Kendall's video was awful.  And yes, it was definitely Citywalk.  I'm sure people came out for Kendall, but it's also a huge tourist area.  So it's easy to just gather people that happen to be passing through anyway.   I have no issues with Kendall as a person, but as the star you should not blend in with your back-up dancers.   Heck, Kendall wouldn't even get hired as a backup dancer.

• Love 5

Since the article above says she was diagnosed with diabetes and put on something, it's possible that medicine was metformin. Metformin can make you really sick to your stomach and reduce appetite. It can also (in PCOS patients specifically) speed up weight loss. It's also generally prescribed in an increasing dose, so maybe her dose bumped when she was overseas and it set her off. I hate to defend Abby but having experienced Met firsthand, she could actually be telling the truth.

I have taken Metformin before and I felt absolutely terrible while I was on it, so her behavior seems legit in that case.

I loved that when Abby was explaining the dance to the girls, with Nia "The Traitor" by her side, Nia seemed to be trying not to laugh.  She had this small incredulous smile and seemed to be thinking, 'wtf, is this chick for real?'  And again, it was good to see Nia standing up for herself once again despite Abby yelling in her face.  At this point she appears confident enough and self-respecting enough to handle whatever Abby throws at her, whether it's scripted or not, which is a mindset that Paige and Chloe unfortunately never reached.

• Love 3
(edited)

I like the new bumpers and the video of all the girls, so there is that.

Go Nia, don't let foaming at the mouth Abby bring you down.  After watching (so ashamed) I see how it could be a medication thing with the licking and nose itching repetitive behaviors, that sure looks like it could be meds.

I loved both Kalani and Nia giving no f*cks about issues with their solos since Abby couldn't bother to be there or to prep them, I LOVED Kalani's costume!  Even when Nia is the lead, she still manages to serve as a back up dancer for Maddie, I did like the piece though.  Probably  for the best that they scratched Kendall, it seems like she was having issues with her right foot.  Don't mind my ESP about her relevé though ;).

Finally - I'm not a fan of blinged out bustiers on 12-yr-olds as daywear (costumes are different).

Edited by NextIteration

I also love how Nia seems cool calm and collected when dealing with Abby.

If there was ever a child who was not born to be a pop-star it's Kendall.  Nia PERFORMED infront of a bunch of people, singing, dancing, etc. She was confident, happy and kind of carefree about the whole thing.  Kendall, on the other hand, was loosing her mind just having to STAND on stage with Abby and thank a few people.  Also, who dressed her? She looked like a tacky adult's version of what is "cool".  I like Kendall, she seems like a great kid, but I feel for her that she is perhaps being pressured to go down this path.

• Love 4

Finally caught up on this episode...where to start, where to start...

I don't really feel bad that Nia had less people at her video premiere because Nia had the Australia performance. All Kendall did was go on stage and look like a scared little fish. I like Kendall, she is a very pretty girl, but that is about all she is. 

Abby acting crazy doesn't surprise me...stories have always been around of this type of behavior, I think production has simply decided not to edit around it anymore. It kinda proves the whole, "Abby is worse when the cameras aren't around," talk that the girls were saying even in Season 1. 

Humbleness...well, that is something. Of course Nia can't be on top, she's a traitor. 

The moms all seem very over it; Kira probably the most. 

The writing on the wall is definitely there...will be interesting to see how Lifetime ends this trainwreck. 

The internets are saying she's pregnant, and I imagine that dealing with being pregnant while running back and forth from LA makes her not up for the drama. She needs a hair cut though. She's looking kind of witchy with it that long.

That would make a lot of sense. 

(edited)

Just watched this episode.  I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion.  Having lost two neighborhood boys, my son's friends, in Iraq, I find Kendall's video in very bad taste.  Almost insulting to our military men and woman.  Booty dancing in a helicopter?  Her military outfits?  Our flag hung behind her booty shake?  I would love to hear a interview of her and how she was paying tribute to our service men and woman.  What did that have to do with her song?  

Here's a tribute...look at our service men and women.  No booty dancing, no tongue sticking out, no costumes.  Respect.  I'm a little peeved off at her use of our military the way she did.  Couldn't she just dance on the beach?

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 3

Just watched this episode.  I'm sorry if I offend anyone with my opinion.  Having lost two neighborhood boys, my son's friends, in Iraq, I find Kendall's video in very bad taste.  Almost insulting to our military men and woman.  Booty dancing in a helicopter?  Her military outfits?  Our flag hung behind her booty shake?  I would love to hear a interview of her and how she was paying tribute to our service men and woman.  What did that have to do with her song?  

I'm very sorry for your loss. 

I don't necessarily find the video offensive, but I can see how it could be perceived that way. My husband is a retired soldier who spent more than enough time downrange, that being said, there are far more offensive videos than this one. 

@Lablover27, I'm sorry for your loss.  You bring up an interesting perspective, I wonder if an attempt to appeal to a certain demographic with Kendall's video won't completely backfire?

I won't and don't speak for the entire military community, but I can say with a lot of enthusiasm that the average military family isn't going to care or think twice about it. 

Lab - thanks for the Simmons tribute - it brought tears to me eyes! I remember thinking Cher was a little riskee when she did the video on the navy ship and that's what Kendall's video reminded me off. I can see how some may perceive it with so many of our soldiers fighting all over the world. I wasn't a fan of it because I couldn't understand the words - then the solo performance at the end to me had nothing to do with the video or the song.

• Love 1

Thank you all for your opinions.  I appreciate them.  Loves2Dance, thank your husband for his service.

I get it.  It's not uncommon for me to make a big deal out of nothing.  Trust me.  Ask my teen daughter ;)  

• Love 2

I do not have any close friends or family serving in the military, and I even thought it was a little disrespectful.  I did not like the "soldiers" being used as props, and especially when the water was tossed on one and Kendall was riding on the other gent.  I am pretty liberal and very progressive, but this video bothered me a lot from a military respect perspective.  I hope it does not backfire on Kendall K.   

• Love 2

I think Nia has really improved out of all of them. I enjoy watching Kalani as she just flows with the music. The others have stagnated to me - probably because we get the same lyrical or acrobatic routines with the same old steps.

(edited)

This is how you film a music video on a military base

I also didn't like her draped across a guy doing push-ups or the booty shorts. I didn't understand why the singing ended half-way through the video and the other half was just random cuts of dancing and then there was the weird lyrical solo at the end.

That was beautiful.  I forgot about this song.  :)  Off Topic:   Brings back memories before I got married and had kids.  

Back on topic....what is Abby on?  LOL  Her purse was a hot mess!  LOL  

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

I just watched this episode. So Kalani was at the bottom of the pyramid for missing a rehearsal in Australia. Where should Abby be for missing an entire competition and not preparing the girls for it properly? The bottom of the Bermuda Triangle? The bottom of her purse? I'm not sure which place is scarier.

I loved seeing Nia taking selfies with fans at Kendall's video premiere. I wasn't impressed with the video. Jill seems determined to make Kendall a star, whether she wants it or not. The whole LA relocation reeks of desperation to me, like they have to grab as many opportunities as they can, while they can, because they know the show doesn't have much time left.

• Love 2

Oh, and I had to laugh - Abby's a freaking mess but she has her Prada bag. She must be rolling in dough because I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a purse and then throwing an unwrapped cookie in there ...

Yeah, but it's totally cool. She just put that in, so you can eat it.