Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 06/01/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 6/1: Susan Lucci, Ana Ortiz, Roselyn Sanchez, Rachel Smith
Tu 6/2: Jim Parsons, Judy Blume
We 6/3: Adrian Grenier, Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, Melissa Peterman
Th 6/4: Kunal Nayyar, Cat Deeley, Andre Ward
Fr 6/5: Kimberly Guilfoyle, Brian & Melinda Wilson, Bobbi Brown, guest co-host Joy Behar

I guess with Joy being the only "guest" cohost listed that Mohawk and Bangs will be officially announced as permanent ones?

I don't know, but I LIKE the nicknames,  Mohawk & Bangs!   sounds like a low budget  cop movie.

• Love 7

They kinda excused the Dugger child molestation scandal..... Nicholle was the first one to point out that it was wrong .... but the rest seemed cautious of laying blame .... in fact.... they used the term allegedly even though he admitted his wrong doings..... Oh... and if you have an opinion on it... keep it to yourself.... Whoopi doesnt care.... and she kinda spoke for the whole panel... none of them care what your opinion is

• Love 7

What in the world? Raven looks like she's dressed up for Halloween.

They kinda excused the Dugger child molestation scandal..... Nicholle was the first one to point out that it was wrong .... but the rest seemed cautious of laying blame .... in fact.... they used the term allegedly even though he admitted his wrong doings..... Oh... and if you have an opinion on it... keep it to yourself.... Whoopi doesnt care.... and she kinda spoke for the whole panel... none of them care what your opinion is

I miss the days when the hosts on this show had actual opinions and weren't scared to share them. Now they just talk in circles and move on to the next "topic".

• Love 10

Of course they are passing along misinformation about the Patriot Act..... both Whoopi and Joy are saying that they are listening into phone calls.... which they are not..... they are collecting information on who people are calling and how long they are talking.... all the information on your phone bill.

The Patriot Act is basically rules of engagement for the War on Terror..... and honestly... that war needs to come to an end..... the more we try to turn the middle east into America lite... the more violence there will be.. in my opinion we need to let them deal with their own civil war and we need to rebuild America

Oh and Raven.... your opinion that we need to repeal the Right to bear arms... is just ignorant.

• Love 4

As cute as Raven is, that "Sheepdog" hair style does absolutely nothing for her.  Just saying'.

As usual, Whoops & The Whoopsters just can't get the information straight, so why do they even bother discussing ANY subject.  Gawd!!!

• Love 8

I hate this show and everyone on it. Now I officially know the color of joy's walls and that Whoopi has sand in her vagina which is "dry as a bone". I am not against the discussion of vaginal dryness per se, but WTF?

I don't know what that shit on Raven's head is and at this point, I just don't care. It is not the color that is bad, it just looks like she found the wig in a bin somewhere and plopped it on her head. It makes no damn sense.

• Love 9
(edited)
As usual, Whoops & The Whoopsters just can't get the information straight, so why do they even bother discussing ANY subject.  Gawd!!!

Well, I only watched the first few minutes, but I bet it went like this: 

Whoopi:  "There's a report, or study", or "some folks are saying" (insert topic)  

Nicole: "well I'm a republican, so I think......." (insert stupidity)

Rosie: "Let me read an almost pertinent statistic off a blue card until someone interrupts me"

Raven: " I'm not so sure that's true. it doesn't apply to ME." 

Whoopi: "I guess we don't know for sure     /we don't know, we weren't there      /some folks are pinheads."

Nicole:  (laughs until she snorts)

Whoopi: " Ok, my girls are hanging down on the floor, let me adjust them while we go to commercial"  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 19

Sigh.  God Bless y'all for taking it for the team.

RO would have rocked both the Duggar and the Patriot Act topics, which is why Whoopi had to drive her off the show.  The what could have been, is still painful.

• Love 19

I DID see Raven's hair.  good lord!  I thought for a minute it was a joke of some sort.  No?  

A kind of purple-grey tousled wig with long bangs covering one eye.   

Oh, and Whoopi must have spilled again, since we all know she ALWAYS wears a crisp white shirt, and today she was wearing black.  

the good:  JOY!!  I taped it, I will watch tonight to see Joy.

• Love 1

"RO would have rocked both the Duggar and the Patriot Act topics, which is why Whoopi had to drive her off the show.  The what could have been, is still painful."

Rosie would have actually talked about remedies for the desert that is Whoopi's vagina. (desert-not be confused with dessert which apparently her vagina is not).

• Love 6

I wanted to say earlier that Raven looked like she was dressed up as a witch for Halloween with what looked like layers of black clothes and purple hair. If you went by what she wore you'd never know it was June and hot outside.

• Love 5

Rosie would have actually talked about remedies for the desert that is Whoopi's vagina. (desert-not be confused with dessert which apparently her vagina is not).

Oh the brain bleach moments of Barbara talking about the wonders of Astro-Glide.  Shudder.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was immediately driven nuts by WG touching her face constantly and RP and RS brushing their bangs aside.

None of the panel were knowledgeable about the Duggars. RP wants to know Josh's motivation. RS thinks Josh should have been reprimanded. Or any topic for the matter. And I'm even including Joy today.

IMO RP and RS are overpowered by their wigs....they are short women and seem even shorter since they are "smashed' down by their hair.

The only fun part was the hilarity that ensued when the co-hosts swiped the speakers......oh, wait.....I mean stupidity of that tired joke. And yes Whoopi, I said stupid - do not email or tweet me because I don't care.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 8
(edited)

Apparently the listings for this show are as sloppy and uninformed as the co-hosts: why even list Joy for one day and not the others, jeez. I saved myself from hearing Whoopi's response to the Duggar topic at least. Is Raven officially part of the gang now? UGH.

Edited by TheGreenKnight

Love Joy, but she seemed restrained today. It's like someone told her she needed to promote or at least not confront Whoopi or she wouldn't be asked back again. Can we not agree that the show sucks with Whoopi as moderator? If we can't start from that point, then I don't see how the show continues. 

• Love 10
They kinda excused the Dugger child molestation scandal.....

I watched because of Joy, and was very disappointed in her saying that she thinks she would have done what the Duggar parents did because it's up to parents to protect their kids.  Well, in this case, protect their son. Because there were at least four Duggar daughters who weren't protected (and possibly one cousin, but they are leaving the names out of the official report, so we won't ever know for sure).  One of the molested girls could have been as young as four or five.  So, no, Joy, children were unprotected by their parents, female children, and there's no excuse for that.  NONE.

Once the parents found out, they should have not only immediately provided months and years of counseling for their daughters, but they should have shipped Josh out of the house, away from the family.

And since this all happened before the TV show, they had no business whatsoever agreeing to appear on TV and present themselves as a big, wacky, happy, role model family.  Because there are children in that family who had to buy into the brand and deny that they were molested by their oldest brother.

AND -- don't even get me started on Michelle Duggar having the gall and hypocrisy to make robocalls to warn about gay rights bringing legal sexual immorality to Arkansas when her own son is an self-admitted incestuous child molester. And while she left her own daughters vulnerable to him.

• Love 23

I watched because of Joy, and was very disappointed in her saying that she thinks she would have done what the Duggar parents did because it's up to parents to protect their kids

Joy actually said that?  Wow, I would expect more from her.  I love my son but if I knew he was doing something like that I would immediately do every thing in my power to get him help and make sure it never happened again. 

AND -- don't even get me started on Michelle Duggar having the gall and hypocrisy to make robocalls to warn about gay rights bringing legal sexual immorality to Arkansas when her own son is an self-admitted incestuous child molester. And while she left her own daughters vulnerable to him.

Doesn't surprise me at all.  People like her and the candidates she supports have hypocrisy as their main characteristic.  And the fact they cloak it as their "Christian" beliefs is just sickening.  I am atheist but I have to believe if there is a god they have special plans for the Duggars and it doesn't include sitting on a cloud playing a harp in the afterlife.

• Love 7
(edited)

How many times did Whoopi say "right" during the Judy Blume interview? So annoying.

And who did Nicolle trash as not being representative of what the party stands for? TV cut out here. 

Edited by merriebreeze

She was talking about Donald Trump.

I am also sick of Nicolle and the rest of them acting like young people don't look for info. Especially when they don't even read up on the stories they present as Hot Topics.

• Love 8

Isnt it amazing how this table full of self proclaimed Democrats are sitting there hammering Hillary Clinton. Just because a poll made a statement doesn't make it true.... it is just another narrative to criticize the Democratic Party.

• Love 1

The criticism of Facebook is just amazing.... considering none of the panelists have any clue about how Facebook works.

Facebook doesnt put out news.... people share news stories from all different sources on Facebook.

Then Rosie rants about something which has little to do with the discussion.... I just couldnt follow her point

• Love 3

Then Rosie rants about something which has little to do with the discussion.... I just couldnt follow her point

I just watched this segment. I think Rosie was saying that people shouldn't just wait to be fed news by a single source. They should use several sources and critical thinking skills to judge the validity of the information. At least I wish this is what she meant.

• Love 6

On Yesterday's show during the discussion of Josh Dugger... child molester.... Nicholle said that during the interview with Megyn Kelly she will be a "hard hitting journalist" ... .except she isnt.... she mentioned last night that she is mostly concerned that police released the information..... so I have no doubt that during the interview tomorrow night... that Megyn Kelly will coddle the Duggers .... and help them justify protecting their son while not protecting their daughters

I have no doubt that it will be a disappointing interview

• Love 4

To get them to agree to be interviewed the Duggar's "people" probably required that they be provided with the interview questions first. It will probably end up being a well rehearsed Q&A. Hope I'm wrong.

• Love 5

Raven said something stupid about it being a public servant's job to keep her informed of current events. Lord, there aren't enough hours in the day for anyone to get your ignorant ass educated, Raven.

• Love 15

Raven said something stupid about it being a public servant's job to keep her informed of current events. Lord, there aren't enough hours in the day for anyone to get your ignorant ass educated, Raven.

Oh yeah and a public servant has never been known to lie to the public.  Jesus, most public servants lie to get the job of being a public servant.

I guess since Elisabeth and Sherri are no longer employed by the View the producers think the stupid chair needs to be filled.

• Love 14

Raven says "where do I go?" for political information. Seriously? Then Whoopi tells her some mumbo jumbo and goes into the old "in my day we had to look at a newspaper" while making herself sound 100 years old. As usual Whoopi never answered the question. Nicole tells her to go to a rally, lmao. Hillary slipped a few points so they all have stupid things to say about her but nothing ever about the complete idiocy on the right. Did we hear about Scott Walker thinking (forced) transvaginal ultrasounds are a cool thing? (Before seeking an abortion) With the political season coming up, I can't watch a show with an idiot moderator, a seemingly dumb, sheltered 30 year old, a rambling person without a point and a shrill republican without a counterpoint.

Whoopi got hot and animated with Nicole when it was sugessted that rich people (the Clintons) can't be poor. Oo, Whoopi holds some bitterness about money.

On another note, it looked like RS and RP had their wigs made at the same place. :)

• Love 8

Hmmm-   Nicole, I think keeping informed of current events is the job of JOURNALISTS.  And, you know, people who talk about current events on TV and get paid to do so.   

• Love 5

Whoopi got hot and animated with Nicole when it was sugessted that rich people (the Clintons) can't be poor. Oo, Whoopi holds some bitterness about money.

I'm going to need some context.  What was Nicolle's meaning? 

And yes Whoopi is very funny about money.  She doesn't want the government taking one dime of her money for any phone taxes. But she seemingly has no trouble giving it to IMO very untalented shoe designers. 

• Love 5

Susieq147, I believe that the quote from Hillary Clinton was made when she was interviewed and stated that she and her husband were "flat broke" when they exited the White House in 2000. At the time I know that they had huge legal bills piled up from all of the years of defending themselves, so that's what I think she was referring to. Of course, everyone jumped on that remark and uses it to this day out of context, like she just said it recently about her economic status ( Nicolle).

• Love 7

I remember Hillary Clinton saying that and I believe they probably were "poor".  Bill had just left office so they hadn't yet made any money yet from the book deals or speaking engagements or whatever.  The Clintons weren't rich when he became President.  They weren't poor but they didn't have Bush or Romney money.  And yeah they had huge legal bills so I have no problem with Hillary saying they were poor. 

If this is what they are going to nitpick over for the next year and a half till election day then I'm glad I don't watch anymore.

• Love 10

I've been thinking about the discussion about young people getting the news. I'm pretty old, and I was interested in current events and politics even from an early age, so I listened to the news on TV (on one of our three stations), and I read the local paper. Now there is such a bombardment of information coming from all directions,  and some of it is all mixed up with legitimate, serious news and then useless stuff like the latest Kardashian crap, and it's so easy to get distracted from the serious news ( yes, I was very distracted by the Caitlyn Jenner story, and I'm still clicking on stories about it), that I feel for younger people in updating their knowledge on the important news. Add to that the ever growing disdain for our politicians and their inaction on issues that matter, and it's easy to see why a lot of the younger generation might be apathetic. Let's not label them all that way though, because I'm hoping some of them are paying attention.

• Love 3

I am so old that last week I posted on Facebook how to have the paper delivered for less than their over $400 a year fee and learned I'm the only one of my Facebook friends that still reads the actual paper. However, if I was on a talk show with a daily segment called "Hot Topics". I'd spend some time learning about current events. I've yet to figure out anything that actually interests Raven or anything she seems even remotely knowledgeable about.

• Love 7

I've been thinking about the discussion about young people getting the news. I'm pretty old, and I was interested in current events and politics even from an early age, so I listened to the news on TV (on one of our three stations), and I read the local paper. Now there is such a bombardment of information coming from all directions,  and some of it is all mixed up with legitimate, serious news and then useless stuff like the latest Kardashian crap, and it's so easy to get distracted from the serious news ( yes, I was very distracted by the Caitlyn Jenner story, and I'm still clicking on stories about it), that I feel for younger people in updating their knowledge on the important news. Add to that the ever growing disdain for our politicians and their inaction on issues that matter, and it's easy to see why a lot of the younger generation might be apathetic. Let's not label them all that way though, because I'm hoping some of them are paying attention.

Honestly... back in the day the masses were pretty uninformed...... There was so much information hidden..... so many important events that were just not reported on. There is so much more information today.... so much access..... Honestly, I think the corporations were able to gain so much power over the past 40 years because of the lack of information and lack of interest in the political process of people a generation ago

Maybe Im a little jaded... but it seems America has been pretty quiet after the Viet Nam war ended..... almost as if all the protest that went on back then made politics less important

I dont know if Im making my point.... but Im sure you all will let me know if Im not  lol

• Love 2
(edited)

I see your point, Roger. I just think that there are so many distractions that a person does have to do their research and seek out the relevant news. I agreed with Rosie on that point. At least Raven said that she's now reading The Huffington Post and BBC News since she's been on The View. I hope she does some serious studying, because she is really lacking in basic information.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 2

I guess I'm confused re Raven because I don't understand how you avoid news and current events. Even when I'm searching on this tablet sections called "trends" and "top stories" come up. Admittedly, I'm a news whore so I click on a lot of the stories and read them. It just seems like you'd have to work pretty hard to be as ignorant as Raven. But, I guess news never splashed on Sherri either.

• Love 6