Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6: Speculation

• Start Topic

(edited)

It will be difficult to portray the Iron Islanders as a credible threat next season after the disastrous performance of their 50 best killer's during the sneak attack against the Dreadfort.  The 50BK  couldn't even take out a guy wearing nothing but pajama bottoms.

omg that was so stupid. They built it up like a major mission, they travel from the Iron Islands all the way to the Dreadfort, and then they p***y out cause of a guy in pajamas and some dogs. Such a waste of time (in the show's universe, and from a production stand point).

When they got back, I can imagine this conversation taking place:

Asha/Yara: "Dad! I tried to save him. Your only living son! He was meters away from me...but...then they released the hounds! And we had to evacuate!"

Edited by Attaboy000
  • Love 2
(edited)

I now think that the show is leading up to Daenerys ruling at the end, something that I thought possible but not the most likely ending. I felt like it was strange that she was talking about doing great things without violence when she is planning on conquering a continent she has never set up foot on with giant, flame throwing dragons. It is like the show keeps telling us she means well no matter the results or her actual decisions.

See, I thought the show was showing something else; that while Dany might mean well, (and she's probably needed to fight the White Walkers-certainly the dragons are,) that ultimately she's not the right person to rule Westeros either.  I think she's going to be taking fAegon's place to some extent and she *will* arrive in Westeros in Season 6. 

I think Davos's stoyline will involve helping a child.  Most likely Rickon.

Seems likely.  Davos *could* be heading off to Oldtown with Sam and Gilly, but I think they want him in the North for the time being...ESPECIALLY so he can soon become an adviser to Jon. 

I also believe that in Season 6, the Blackfish is going to re-appear probably to find Sansa which could be interesting since he adopted Cat's distrust of Jon.  If anything happened to poor Edmure, (and remember there's been no mention of Roslin being pregnant on the show which isn't a good sign,) then Cat's children are next in line to inherit Riverrun and the Riverlands.  Rickon even if found will almost certainly be staying up North to be an old school, semi-feral, Wildling influenced Stark Lord of Winter, (and a good thing too.)  Which leaves Sansa as the most logical person for the Riverlands to rally around to replace the much hated Frey's.  She's the most 'Southern' of the Stark children after all AND she looks like a Tully.  Be pretty ironic if everyone was so focused on Sansa's claim to the North, only to have it turn out the Tully heritage was what determined her future. 

In any event, I believe Sansa to be the YMBQ, though we can never discount Dany as a possibility as well. 

On the topic of the Iron Born, no they aren't impressive so far on tv, but they could still do untold damage to undermanned civilian settlements like the poor Shield Islands, and if the armies of Highgarden, (as in the books,) are delayed in getting to the Reach, the sack of Oldtown wouldn't be pretty.  Besides Euron might come across as more dangerous and/or competent than any of the other Greyjoy's so far.  Though, a big issue with the IB on tv, (as was in the books,) is that with the exception of Theon, too often they seem like a plot device.  Balon Greyjoy attacks the North, which even besides the fact that Robb is the only person who wants to ally with him, was completely insane, (the territory's too big, too wild, the IB have nowhere near enough numbers, there's no easy loot there anyway, and Winter is Coming,) but it sure screwed the Starks.  After the Northern invasion turns out to be a complete quagmire, the IB choose Euron Grey despite the fact he's clearly lying about Valyria, (and almost certainly a kinslayer as well,) and his even crazier plan to try to conquer all of Westeros by using dragons halfway across the world that he claims he can control with a magic horn.  Again perfect madness, (that will inevitably get the Iron Born stomped on eventually) but hey it got Vic's ships to Dany and it's sure gonna screw things up in the Reach at least in the short term. 

Edited by Winnief
  • Love 1

Here's a "what if." Since season 5 started with Cersei's flashback to Maggie the Frog, what if season 6 starts with Bran's vision of Lyanna and Raegar? Especially if we end season 5 with Jon's stabbing.

• Love 7

Also Watchers on the Wall reports that they're doing a casting call for what sounds suspiciously like one of the Children of the Forest, so that means we ARE going to be seeing Bran again but by that time as a powerful mage/greenseer.  Which given the way things are heating up with the White Walkers, we're probably gonna need. 

• Love 3

I want more Maggie the Frog! Can't we have the second half of the flashback now?

I pretty much hate the prophecy but since they have included it I wish they hadn't cut the part about it that freaks Cersei out the most.

• Love 3

Plus she tells Qyburn about it in the books anyway. It was too stupid. One of many things that I find to be unrealistic is the way that Cersei seems like she's basically forgotten about the prophecy until the fourth book. It doesn't seem to color her actions in the first three books and you'd think that it would. She certainly doesn't seem to fear that Tyrion is this brother who will kill her one day. Then when Joffrey dies and she starts to think that it's coming true, does she talk to her twin about it? The only person she feels that she can cry to and be vulnerable around? No. Instead she stays silent about this shit for like twenty years only to tell not one but two people that she's only recently met one of her biggest secrets. Not to mention that one of these people could be on Team Tyrell for all Cersei knows. 

• Love 1

Oh, I think the prophecy is GRRM's retcon because he needed a reason for Cersei to be so fucking horrible. 

Personally? Don't care about it. Don't care about Cersei's reasoning from it. I think her Tyrion hatred is just fine with out it. I think her reasons to hate Robert are loud and clear. I think her descent into madness after years of repressed anger and frustration is a good enough story on it's own without some stupid prophecy to prop it up.

• Love 5

I think her descent into madness after years of repressed anger and frustration is a good enough story on it's own without some stupid prophecy to prop it up.

Not to mention the entirely likely possibility that losing Joffrey AND Tywin so closely together made her crack up, particularly since there's evidence that she was never the most stable personality to begin with and the alcoholism ain't helping. 

I mean one explanation could be that Cersei simply *forgot* about the prophecy until Joffrey's death, but that seems a bit strange given that Maggy made several specific predictions that came true so you'd think Cersei be paying attention.  Not to mention that not having at least *one* child by Robert, (to subvert the policy) would be an even stupider move than re-arming the Faith.  And as Tyrion noted had even one of Cersei's kids been a bona fide Baratheon with the family resemblance to prove it, she could have avoided anyone becoming actively suspicious about the Twincest.

Back to Season 6 speculation...the use of desert locations for filming might suggest Dorne next season, which could be pretty tiresome but not nearly so tiresome as if Dany is wandering the wilderness in Essos for any extended period next season. 

Theon might die in the finale, (and at this point he'd probably prefer that,) but I think he's making it to Season 6 though I don't know for how long.

I don't like the prophecy much either, but in the books it's slightly justifiable because it appears that she did a good job of repressing the memory of it.  I thought her chapters were fairly well written, because GRRM did a good job showing that she's such an unreliable narrator.  For example, she told Lady Merryweather that Robert hit Joffrey once because of some silly business with a cat.  In her mind, it was Robert being a terrible father.  The readers, however, had already heard that story from a different POV, and knew the "silly business" was Joffrey vivisecting a pregnant cat to see the unborn kittens.  It was a nice way of showing just how warped Cercei's mind was.

So when she tells Qyburn that her childhood friend accidentally fell down a well, it's pretty easy to piece together that Cercei probably pushed her into the well.  She killed her friend, but twisted the memory so much she actually believes it was an accident.  I think she did something similar with her memory of the prophecy even when pieces of it started happening (17 children for Robert, 3 for her).  Only when confronted with Joffrey's death did her subconscious memories start to break through in dreams, and she probably stil denied it consciously until Tyrion snuck through the hidden tunnels and killed Tywin. After that, she started filling in the blanks:  valonqar = Tyrion, YMB = Margaery.  Probably wrong on both counts.

None of that is in the show, so it comes across more retconny.

• Love 2

Oh, I think the prophecy is GRRM's retcon because he needed a reason for Cersei to be so fucking horrible. 

Personally? Don't care about it. Don't care about Cersei's reasoning from it. I think her Tyrion hatred is just fine with out it. I think her reasons to hate Robert are loud and clear. I think her descent into madness after years of repressed anger and frustration is a good enough story on it's own without some stupid prophecy to prop it up.

I'd prefer we didn't have the prophecy so there was some chance at least one of her younger two children could survive - they both seem perfectly nice so far (even if Tommen is a bit weak).

• Love 1

Here's the thing about prophecy in fiction, especially in fantasy: I don't think prophecies come true because they are fated. I think that people hear prophecies and cause them to come true by their actions either attempting to bring them about or attempting to avoid them. Cersei has so desperately acted to avoid the 'fate' prophesied by Maggy that through her suspicion, paranoia and panic, she has made a bunch of younger, more beautiful girls (and there will ALWAYS be someone younger and more beautiful) want to destroy her, her children are/were in danger because of her actions, both of her 'valonqars' would probably happily see her dead by the end.

And to me, that is the point of prophecy: to either drive people to act to do what needs to be done, or to drive them to mad.

• Love 3

I'd prefer we didn't have the prophecy so there was some chance at least one of her younger two children could survive - they both seem perfectly nice so far (even if Tommen is a bit weak).

Well, never forget that if a prophecy can be misinterpreted in fiction it will be.

The thing is the prophecy (at least the book version, the episode with the quote is no longer on my DVR to doublecheck) doesn't literally say the kids have to die before Cersei... just that each will be crowned and eventually die.

The specific condition for her death is just 'and when your tears have drowned you'... which because of the sequence people presume means that her children have all died before this, but it doesn't have to. The two could be two separate prophecies.

Imagine if Tommen and Myrcella were to express utter disgust with her and have her exiled (bonus points if, of all things, Myrcella was the YMBQ) and this drives Cersei so mad with grief to the point that Jaime kills her as a mercy. The conclusion of the story sees the unified seven kingdoms end and a restoration of seven kingdoms... with Tommen as King of the lands around Casterly Rock and Myrcella Queen of Dorne and both having long happy lives and eventually get buried with gold shrouds due to being the king/queen of their respective realms.

Or Tommen does die in the Queenmaker plot, but Myrcella is merely presumed dead. Cersei goes mad with grief, tries to Wildfire the city and is killed by Jaime only for Mrycella to turn out to have actually survived, but arrived too late to stop her mother's death. She backs whoever actually wins the Iron Throne and goes on to be the Lady of Sunspear and dies at the age of ninety-seven with a golden burial shroud.

Or Cercei is locked up in a tower because of her madness and lives to be a truly ancient crone by the time Myrcella dies in her sleep at the age of 83 preceded by Tommen who died at the age of 74. She ends her life at that point by taking a poison nicknamed 'the little brother' that tightens your airway so you suffocate.

All three of the above fulfill what the prophecy actually said despite being very different than what Cersei expects.

• Love 5

I agree that fAegon might still be on the table.

Overall I think there are very few story lines that we can confirm cut. I still expect Brienne, Pod and Jaime to be in the riverlands next season and run into BwB. It might not happen but I'll not count it out until we know their plots for season 6.

I'm quiet afraid that the season ending for Sansa will just be a huge retcon. LF will come back with Vale troups and get her from Stannis camp and they'll head back to the vale because they need to be there next season when Dany land there with a dragon, perhaps.

(edited)

In the books if all of Mace Tyrell's four children would die without issue, the heir of Highgarden would be the younger twin son (never know if that's Horas or Hobber) of Mina Redwyne (Mace older sister married to her cousin Paxter) the older one would inherit the Arbor from Paxter. So the Reach's overlordship would fall to House Redwyne.

/Tyrell nerd

Edited by ambi76
  • Love 1
(edited)

Since reading this speculation, http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/23p48r/the_true_nature_and_purpose_of_the_others_and_the/which I found linked in a more recent post in the media thread here, I can't stop thinking about it.  No matter what thread I read here that contains speculation about a character or future, my mind goes right back to this idea, and while it may not be perfect?  I think it's damn close. 

When I said the other day that I was rooting for the White Walkers at this point, it may have been closer to the truth than I thought last week.

It just makes complete sense to me, in a "gut feeling" way, and I may have come to part of it myself after some thought, since my mind was already going to "What makes the White Walkers WORSE than most of the flesh and blood people (at least those with some power) in the books?"   Maybe they really are the good guys, or at the very least, have a point to their actions.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

Old Nan tends to be right about stuff and she pretty much said that the Others were bad news in every way.

The Others seem like they're detrimental to all living things so I can't see how they're the good guys in this scenario at all. What benefit would they bring to the planet? It seems like it's all death, destruction, and ice. 

I agree that it doesn't make sense that the Others are responsible for building the Wall. Why wouldn't they man and guard it if its purpose is to keep out men? 

(edited)

WE see them as "bad" though, because so far, we haven't heard their side of things and frankly, they don't look like us.  Meanwhile, we've seen, over and over again, the horrid things the people who look like us are doing.  Old Nan was old, but not 8000 years old!  She knew some handed down stories, but we've all played the game of "telephone" and it's also quite likely that she heard those stories from "people who look like us" so not exactly unprejudiced sources.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/The_Long_Night

I don't know, it's just all really making sense to me as an over all idea, it seems to be something GRRM would do as well, and if so, cleverly done!  I don't really care about the little details like who built the wall, or frankly, even the "marriage" thing.  The part that appeals to me is the idea that assuming the White Walkers are all "bad" (especially considering the things we've seen their enemies do!) just doesn't fit for me.  I think Stannis burning his daughter to death, coupled with the White Walkers in the episode, just jagged something for me, basically thinking that the White Walkers just might be better for the world than those who wish to rule it.  Then I happened on this theory and had a very definite "aha!" moment. 

Just one of many reasons I'm pretty sold on this?  That White Walker deliberately let Sam live.  This could answer why that happened.

At this point I will be pretty shocked if we don't get a late reveal where we actually get a POV from a White Walker.

Although Orson Scott Card may have beat GRRM to this kind of idea with his Ender's Game series (which I loved.)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ender%27s_Game

Edited by Umbelina

One thing you have to give the White Walkers: they deal relatively quick death to their enemies. They've also been known to spare the supplicating defeated (Will, Sam). Also, they adopt abandoned infants!

Sadly, I suspect they'll just turn out to be the usual boring old existential threat personified (yawn), but I would very much like it if Umbellina's favored reading were in fact borne out by the text.

I really, really don't want Tyrion to screw over Dany. Not after the one great scene they had together teasing the beginning of reluctant comradery.

Well, at least we won't have to wait 2 more years for Winds of Winter just to find out what happens next...even if it will be technically different from the books.

I thought for sure Mel going back to Castle Black confirmed she would be the one to save Jon, but if the EW interview is true, I think I'm out.  I don't know if I ever realized that Jon's my "if he dies, I'm out" character because I was prepared to lose him in the end, but I'm not going forward without him.  I love Tyrion, but he's not enough to keep going.

• Love 4

I thought for sure Mel going back to Castle Black confirmed she would be the one to save Jon, but if the EW interview is true, I think I'm out.  I don't know if I ever realized that Jon's my "if he dies, I'm out" character because I was prepared to lose him in the end, but I'm not going forward without him.  I love Tyrion, but he's not enough to keep going.

For me it was Hardhome. I decided I love Jon sometime during that episode. He needs to survive.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, if Jon doesn't live I will have an aneurysm. Going out on a limb, but I don't think Stannis is dead. Since when does GoT pull away from a death scene? The show put Ned Stark's head on a pike and had the Robb/Grey Wind abomination ride around.

Edited by Funzlerks
  • Love 3

Going out on a limb, but I don't think Stannis is dead. Since when does GoT pull away from a death scene?

Even without Brienne, he was clearly injured there.  I really don't see what the point of him being alive would be, at this point; he's got no army or followers.  He's done.

• Love 2

There's no point narratively to have Mel show up at Castle Black if it wasn't part of Jon's storyline.

As far as the EW thing, Katee Sackhoff had to say the same things on BSG; even the rest of the cast didn't know at first.

• Love 5

I expect next season will open with Sansa and Theon meeting up with Brienne and Pod, and heading north to Castle Black, only to learn about Jon's death.  But that will put them in contact with Davos, who will probably join their group and end up helping look for Rickon, sort of like he is in the books.

• Love 2
(edited)

As far as the EW thing, Katee Sackhoff had to say the same things on BSG; even the rest of the cast didn't know at first.

BSG 

But wasn't she really dead? Not that I think Jon is really dead, but the BSG thing was technically true.

I expect next season will open with Sansa and Theon meeting up with Brienne and Pod, and heading north to Castle Black, only to learn about Jon's death.  But that will put them in contact with Davos, who will probably join their group and end up helping look for Rickon, sort of like he is in the books.

That would be an awesome teamup.

Edited by InsertWordHere

That would be a fun group to put together. Here's hoping Sansa begins to build a powerbase up in the North.

I'd rather see a Stannis redemption arc (although I shudder to think how D&D would pull that off) than one more minute of Ramsay Bolton's fun and games.  We've lost Ned, Robb, the Red Viper, Shireen, and now apparently Jon (and I still can't bring myself to believe that "The Prince who was Promised" was flushed down the john) while the Boltons and Sand Snakes and FrankenMountain and the Holey Septons take over the show?  I like Arya, Dany and her gang, and Tyrion and Varys, but most of my "investment" characters are gone.

• Love 4

Even without Brienne, he was clearly injured there.  I really don't see what the point of him being alive would be, at this point; he's got no army or followers.  He's done.

Oh hell, maybe Jon is resurrected in Stannis' body and he has to overcome the worst Freaky Friday BS ever!

• Love 2

Is it possible that Jaime's break with Cersei is refusing to kill Tyrstane out of revenge for Myrcella?

Maybe I'm just hoping Jaime will be the one to break away from Cersei.  I don't see that happening.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know if Tommen is going to die in Season 6 or not, but if he does, I'm guessing he'll be poisoned in Jaime's presence so that Jaime can hit the poisoned kid trifecta.

Yeah, if Jon doesn't live I will have an aneurysm. Going out on a limb, but I don't think Stannis is dead. Since when does GoT pull away from a death scene? The show put Ned Stark's head on a pike and had the Robb/Grey Wind abomination ride around.

We didn't see Osha's mercy killing of Maester Luwin, but I'm fairly confident Maester Luwin is dead.

Edited by Constantinople
  • Love 1

For me it was Hardhome. I decided I love Jon sometime during that episode. He needs to survive.

I loved Jon Snow from the time his words saved the wolf pups.

Killing him off is atrocious writing, because he was marked in every way to be the reason to watch the show. I expect Mel is going to the Wall in an attempt to resurrect Stannis, and either he or Jon Snow will be the one who sits up.

Having Jon Snow be dead is criminally stupid after the conversation between Shireen and Stannis, in which he asks which of the the two warring dragon riders Shireen would have chosen. It was between a king like Stannis, and a queen like Danaerys, and she said neither. Well, I wouldn't choose either, either. I was sort of hoping eventually Jon Snow would come along and clean up after all these people, and set up shop with Sam Tarly as hand, and Tyrion on the small council in some capacity. It would have been nice.

I suppose his blue-eyed form will instead climb up the wall and start gnawing on everybody. One hopes that Mel gets eaten.

• Love 5

Since the Boltons, who never lose at anything, still have control of Winterfell, can we please get Manderly next season? Nothing short of Manderly and a resurrected Jon will make up for the mess of a Northern storyline this season.

• Love 4

I don't know if Tommen is going to die in Season 6 or not, but if he does, I'm guessing he'll be poisoned in Jaime's presence so that Jaime can hit the poisoned kid trifecta.

I've always thought that Tommen would die in a fall from a window, as Jaime forgets he has only one hand and tries to use both to pull him up.

Since the Boltons, who never lose at anything, still have control of Winterfell, can we please get Manderly next season? Nothing short of Manderly and a resurrected Jon will make up for the mess of a Northern storyline this season.

I'd also be willing to forgive a LOT for a Stark reunion and the Big reveal, and that is *now* possible....but we have to wait at least 10 goddamn months.

I'm 100% confident Jon is alive-I just feel it would have been better to show his resurrection by Mel in the last moments of the finale.  I think D&D messed up with that cheap attempt at a cliffhanger-though it could be Martin gave them strict instructions not to show Jon alive again until season 6-OR to let the Big Reveal happen this series either. 

• Love 5

I'm 100% confident Jon is alive-I just feel it would have been better to show his resurrection by Mel in the last moments of the finale.  I think D&D messed up with that cheap attempt at a cliffhanger-though it could be Martin gave them strict instructions not to show Jon alive again until season 6-OR to let the Big Reveal happen this series either. 

I don't think GRRM would have given those instructions. As far as I can tell, the cliffhanger from ADWD was more by happenstance than planning. GRRM said he had to cut about 300 pages out of the books (I think he could have cut another 300 without losing anything of value), and it's been suggested that Jon's resurrection was in those pages. Especially when you consider that GRRM has never really gone in for cliffhangers to end his books. All the significant character deaths have been mid-book, with confirmation for the readers that they definitely happened or the reveal that the 'death' was misdirection (as with Arya outside the Twins).

ADWD just seemed fragmented and unfinished, for all the storylines. Because it pretty much was. GRRM had done so much waffling and meandering that he had no time left to write and include the climax to any of them.

(edited)

BSG

But wasn't she really dead? Not that I think Jon is really dead, but the BSG thing was technically true.

That would be an awesome teamup.

Kinda? She came back, and then later on they pulled some shit out of their asses about how she was a ghost or an angel or guide or I don't think they even know.

it was very by the seat of their pants, imo.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)

Kinda? She came back, and then later on they pulled some shit out of their asses about how she was a ghost or an angel or guide or I don't think they even know.

it was very by the seat of their pants, imo.

Yeah, it was all a mess in the end.

Spinoff I'd like to see next season...One Man Edd.  It's Edd vs the Night's Watch in the aftermath of Jon's assassination.  Think Die Hard or Under Siege.

Like I said on another thread, it's Dance of the Lions next season.  Tyrion running Dany's kingdom vs Cersei, running Tommen's kingdom with Jaime stuck in the middle.  That should be fun.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3

People used to say that about the Lannisters, and now look at them.

Of course, having said that, Ramsay will probably end up on the Iron Throne.

Oh yeah, the Boltons are totally going down soon in the books. It's already started. I just meant that they always win on the show, even when it would make more sense for them to lose. Like the showrunners are saying, "that Ramsay, he's so plucky, look how he's beaten the odds." 

So I think that Mel will bring Jon back.  Sansa(not sure about Theon)  must be going to the wall...they showed her getting knowledge of Jon Snow.  She will tell Davos about Bran and Rickon.  I think that the Vale will defeat the Boltons in Winterfell.  Mel, Jon, and Sansa will be in Winterfell with Littlefinger.   I guess Brienne, Theon (I feel like Theon's story might end when Ramsay's is over though) and Pod too. If this is at all true, that is a lot of characters in one place.   

The actor playing Trystane is the only Dornish with blue eyes, right? Just saying he has blue eyes and thick eyebrows like someone else who is a Targaryen. And his hair and prettiness remind me of someone else who is most likely half Targaryen. I am getting more crackpot now that I am unspoiled by the books. Pretty soon I will be one of those who suspect everyone is a secret Targaryen.

• Love 1
(edited)

Avaleigh reminded me on another post about the ice cells and how Davos would likely be locked up in them.  Now that I think of it, that makes the most sense for Davos's future storyline.  No doubt the Night's Watch would lock up Davos and most likely Melisandre too and offer them to the Boltons or the Crown.  Most likely the Boltons because they rule the North and probably try to make some alliance to rid the Wildlings from the North.

My guess is that the Wildlings aren't in Castle Black and are on the other side of the Wall but still...does the Watch really think killing the crow who saved them is really going to go over well?

Knowing the way this show is going, Season 6 will probably end with Randyll beheading Sam with Heartsbane.  Which reminds me, I kept expecting Sam to mention that his father had a Valaryian greatsword. 

I have to admit being annoyed that Sam came up with the idea to be sent down to Oldtown.  That was one of Jon's far-thinking decisions and I feel like they stripped him of some of his pro-active decisionmaking.  Even though Book Jon didn't sway any of his brothers, he still felt like a more confident in his decision leader in the books than he did on the show.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

I loved Jon Snow from the time his words saved the wolf pups.

Killing him off is atrocious writing, because he was marked in every way to be the reason to watch the show. I expect Mel is going to the Wall in an attempt to resurrect Stannis, and either he or Jon Snow will be the one who sits up.

Having Jon Snow be dead is criminally stupid after the conversation between Shireen and Stannis, in which he asks which of the the two warring dragon riders Shireen would have chosen. It was between a king like Stannis, and a queen like Danaerys, and she said neither. Well, I wouldn't choose either, either. I was sort of hoping eventually Jon Snow would come along and clean up after all these people, and set up shop with Sam Tarly as hand, and Tyrion on the small council in some capacity. It would have been nice.

I suppose his blue-eyed form will instead climb up the wall and start gnawing on everybody. One hopes that Mel gets eaten.

If Jon Snow is really dead, I really am out.  I've thought about this a bit since I read Kit's EW interview and while I know that neither the author or show runners owe it to me that I be right - that Jon and Dany are the central characters of Ice and Fire..... if I'm wrong, I just don't care about the story they are telling anymore.

I love Tyrion, but as amazing as Peter is in that role - it's not enough.  I was in it for the mystery of who Jon really was.  I was in it for these special warging Stark children who might be the key to saving the North, but now I get few warging moments and even less Dire Wolves. Oh yea and no real North Remembers and no Rickon.  And now I just don't care.  I don't care to see Bran be a tree, Aya become no one, and Sansa and Theon be hunted down by Ramsey.  I also don't care about her learning to play the game and flirt with LF.

I don't care about the awful shit Dorne became this season or the obvious plots from GRRM that apparently don't matter. I don't care about Sam in Old Town without tying into Aemon's interpretation of the prophesy.  I don't care what happens to Jamie or Cersei next.  And I can live without scenes of people plotting (LF and Olenna) just to go the rest of the season without knowing what happened to Marg or Loras.  Really, we can't get one throw away line about it?  And I also don't look forward to the creepy Tommen - Cersei - Marg triangle or seeing Jamie back in that mix.  And I sure as hell don't are about Dany and the Dothraki and Tyrion in Meereen.

The only damn thing that would bring me back is Jon.

So if he's dead, I can read reviews and watch the last episode or two of the show to see how it all ends.

• Love 3

If they are going there with Trystane = Aegon then they should have dropped a hint or two by now. I don't think it's happening. 

I wonder if Tyrion might end up being responsible for releasing the dragons next season? 

The fact that there is a delay on any info on the Tyrells suggests to me that Margaery and Loras are probably both done and they're saving that for the early part of next season. 

Next season has the potential to be action packed the more that I think about it. Trials for Margaery, Loras, and Cersei, we know Cersei's will be a trial by combat; Jon's resurrection (I refuse to believe that he isn't coming back until there's something more concrete), Tyrion connection with Viserion somehow, dragon action with Drogon and Dany, Sansa and Theon's escape and likely meeting with Brienne, Ramsay's meltdown at something finally not going his way, Balon's murder, Euron's introduction, the murders of Pycelle and Kevan, Arya getting her sight back (I can't see the blindness lasting longer than three episodes) and getting into territory the books haven't covered, Jaime (anything can happen there), Littlefinger, (How is he going to respond if he comes back to Winterfell only to find that his wild card is gone?)

So far I feel like I have every reason to think that Jon will be brought back to life.

• Love 2

It would be unsatisfying in a typical GOT's kind of way if Littlefinger is the one to dispose of Ramsay and Roose.  I'm still holding out hope it will either be Sansa or Theon though they're not going to be leading anyone into battle.  The thought of Littlefinger leading a winning army to Winterfell over Stannis is an awful one.

They might have bought GRRM a couple of more months to catch up but it's only delaying the inevitable.  Book 7 is not going to be released before 2017, when the presumed final season airs.  Holding off on certain things (with a notable exception being the Battle of Winterfell) is going to happen either in 2016 or 2017.  It's just a matter of when.

• Love 3