Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 05/25/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

Mo 5/25: Hunter Hayes, guest co-hosts Cristela Alonzo & Stacy London
Tu 5/26: John Legend, a capella performances from "Sing It On" and The Persuasions, guest co-hosts Mario Cantone & Raven-Symone
We 5/27: Deion Sanders, Steve Martorano, Michael Corbett, guest co-host Raven-Symone
Th 5/28: Maria Bello, Marco Borges, a performance by the Broadway cast of "Fun Home", guest co-hosts Sherri Shepherd, Raven-Symone & Paula Faris
Fr 5/29: Susan Sarandon, Tom Kelly, Frank Beddor, guest co-hosts Raven-Symone & Michelle Collins

How does anyone think Stacey London is fun/interesting/enjoyable?  Seriously.  She is lame/ass-kissy/THIRSTY/sycophant.  The real problem here is ABC needs to hire "rockstar" producers to turn around this hot mess.  There is an old Buddhist saying that loosely translates to:  "The fish stinks from the head."  There are many cool, interesting people in the world.  

• Love 9
She is lame/ass-kissy/THIRSTY/sycophant.

It's amazing that these qualities haven't made her one of the world's most beloved and well known stars.  This is showbiz personified!  I am SO impressed, MatchaLove.

• Love 2

It's amazing that these qualities haven't made her one of the world's most beloved and well known stars.  This is showbiz personified!  I am SO impressed, MatchaLove.

True.  I suppose that's where a good amount of "IT" factor comes into play.  The most enjoyable presenters/actors etc. are just more relaxed and seamless with their crap.  She is the opposite of that.  I personally find it painful watching people like her.    

• Love 5

How does anyone think Stacey London is fun/interesting/enjoyable?  Seriously.  She is lame/ass-kissy/THIRSTY/sycophant.  The real problem here is ABC needs to hire "rockstar" producers to turn around this hot mess.  There is an old Buddhist saying that loosely translates to:  "The fish stinks from the head."  There are many cool, interesting people in the world.  

Someone does because London keeps showing up on my TV.  Okay, not my TV because I didn't even bother to peek at today's show but you know what I mean.  

I really think that The Powers That Be at ABC don't really watch this show regularly.    When Babs was on they pretty much just let her go with her own thing and now it seems no one is paying attention - except to the bottom line probably.  It's hard to believe this show is actually still making money, but then again it's always been and low budget/cheap ass show so it wouldn't be hard, especially with all the "in house commercials" and that stupid shopping segment they have.  

• Love 3

It has become such a complete and utter shit-show.  Everyone on there may have a good day or two, but generally they are horrible (I'm looking at YOU Nicole Wallace). That's why I think as a huge network, they could pull-in a great team of producers who really want a highly rated, show that's a "force,"  you know?  Then brainstorm and create a watchable roundtable.  A Serious One, A Comedic One, An Unknown, A Legend, The Famous One (that isn't an actor or singer), maybe A Bitchy One  :)

It would just take some accomplished production people.  All equalling more money, more fame for all, attraction of every A-list person or event of the moment.  

I am spending waaay too much time thinking about this.  It's just that I hadn't watched in a while, saw a couple shows recently and was floored at what a piece of shit this show has become.

• Love 8

Still miss Sherri and Bitsy. They at least brought something to snark about. I will always miss rosie .. She brought the hammer back during her first run. Lillian Vernor readers are who this show relates to now.

Still miss Sherri and Bitsy. They at least brought something to snark about. I will always miss rosie .. She brought the hammer back during her first run. Lillian Vernor readers are who this show relates to now.

well you are in luck redlaces..... Sherri will be a guest host on Thursday..... it was recorded a couple weeks ago

Im pretty sure Raven was a "Disney Star" about 10 years ago..... but honestly... they have a few 20 something Disney stars that could be moved over to The View to see if they could gel with the group......

After typing that I realized that the only way this should could improve is for Whoopi to move on... I would really like to know about her contract and find out what kind of hold she has on ABC.... I bet it is substantial..... that is the only explanation.

• Love 2
(edited)

Holy crap this is just nuts.... Raven believes that we should teach teenagers how to drink before they start driving.... because children arent responsible when they drink.... they should know their limitations before they start driving HOLY CRAP!!!

How about telling them not to drink and drive.... that would be responsible

Whoopi just admitted that she did not go to high school...... that really explains a lot about her dumbass

She said she is confused because she didnt know there was drinking going on at proms..... and that this new thing has been going on.... sex at proms.... you know how it is... these kids have a new kind of pressure to have sex  *eye roll*

Oh... and the prom dress.... Whoopi believes that you should keep the prom dress then re-use it when you are asked to become a bridesmaid.... because as we all know..... bridesmaids wear anything they want..

Im really glad that these women are not advising our young people

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 8

More interesting things reveled..... Remember how Nicholle has always said that she decided to get off social media?? Well today she let it slip that her husband told her to get off social media... that she was not allowed because she wasnt spending enough time with their child.... wasnt she the one that agreed that women should be subservient to their husbands??

This came up because they say 1 out of 7 divorces are because of social media.... I disagree with that.... social media isnt the cause... it is the vehicle to finish what has already ended

• Love 5
(edited)

Poor Henry Wang. Nicolle just dissed him on national TV because she went to her prom with him, instead of the "love of her life".  Did you have to give his name? She has done this before, telling the world how her first boyfriend was horrendous. Classy, Nicolle.

Yes, Raven, let's teach 14 and 15 year olds how to drink alcohol before they start driving at 16. Does she ever think before she spouts off her nonsense?

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8

Poor Henry Wang. Nicolle just dissed him on national TV because she went to her prom with him, instead of the "love of her life".  Did you have to give his name? She has done this before, telling the world how her first boyfriend was horrendous. Classy, Nicolle.

Yes, Raven, let's teach 14 and 15 year olds how to drink alcohol before they start driving at 16. Does she ever think before she spouts off her nonsense?

I want to know more about this "skinny blonde" he was making out with

(edited)

Officer - Oh! Good evening Miss Symone.....is this your son driving?

Raven - Yes! He is and we're just practicing how much he can drink and still be able to drive.

Well, ma'am.....he failed...big time, son - please come with me. Oh and Miss Symone....the neighbors will send you a bill for their mail box.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7

I was only half watching today. I was in and out of the room. What happened during the cooking segment that it seemed that the cook broke down or started crying or something and Whoopi was giving a pep talk to?

I was only half watching today. I was in and out of the room. What happened during the cooking segment that it seemed that the cook broke down or started crying or something and Whoopi was giving a pep talk to?

He got emotional when he said he did not have money to buy ice cream for his son...... but now he has enough money to buy him a ice cream shop.... but for some reason when he was breaking down.... Nicholle turned into a WOO girl... and the audience was prodded into cheering...... it was quite a strange moment

• Love 4

Holy crap this is just nuts.... Raven believes that we should teach teenagers how to drink before they start driving.... because children arent responsible when they drink.... they should know their limitations before they start driving HOLY CRAP!!!

How about telling them not to drink and drive.... that would be responsible

Whoopi just admitted that she did not go to high school...... that really explains a lot about her dumbass

She said she is confused because she didnt know there was drinking going on at proms..... and that this new thing has been going on.... sex at proms.... you know how it is... these kids have a new kind of pressure to have sex  *eye roll*

Oh... and the prom dress.... Whoopi believes that you should keep the prom dress then re-use it when you are asked to become a bridesmaid.... because as we all know..... bridesmaids wear anything they want..

Im really glad that these women are not advising our young people

Thanks for the recap Roger!  

Of course, Whoopi would be spouting off about high school proms since she never went to high school nor had a child who did either.   And clearly she's never been part of a wedding party; I guess the rarefied air of a know-it-all Movie Stah isn't exposed to such things. 

Of course Raven would be spouting off about educating teenagers about drinking and driving since she herself was schooled on a TV set - a child actor. Maybe she was just trying to stir up shit for the show?  Not that it would take much stirring, lol.  

• Love 5

It has become such a complete and utter shit-show.  Everyone on there may have a good day or two, but generally they are horrible (I'm looking at YOU Nicole Wallace). That's why I think as a huge network, they could pull-in a great team of producers who really want a highly rated, show that's a "force,"  you know?  Then brainstorm and create a watchable roundtable.  A Serious One, A Comedic One, An Unknown, A Legend, The Famous One (that isn't an actor or singer), maybe A Bitchy One  :)

It would just take some accomplished production people.  All equalling more money, more fame for all, attraction of every A-list person or event of the moment.  

I am spending waaay too much time thinking about this.  It's just that I hadn't watched in a while, saw a couple shows recently and was floored at what a piece of shit this show has become.

It would take responsible people that would stop back stabbing each other every time one of their bright ideas didn't pan out.

• Love 3

Then she contradicted herself by saying she, like R.P., was a virgin throughout high school.

R.P. also contradicted herself when she said she didn't go to prom because she passed out from drinking champagne, but 5 minutes later she said that she didn't drink in high school.

I hate being the lie-police, but these women bug me!

Really?  Isn't it common knowledge that Whoopi gave birth to her daughter when she was a young teenager?  And in turn, her daughter gave birth at 14 or 15? At this point just own it.  Her story worked out very well.  

• Love 3

Unless I'm miscalculating Whoopi was 18 when Alexa was born in May 1973, Whoopi must have been pregnant in since Aug '72 at 17 yrs - normally high school age although she "didn't" go. Some sources say she dropped out rather than never went.

• Love 2

Then she contradicted herself by saying she, like R.P., was a virgin throughout high school.

R.P. also contradicted herself when she said she didn't go to prom because she passed out from drinking champagne, but 5 minutes later she said that she didn't drink in high school.

I hate being the lie-police, but these women bug me!

I think that was the point of her story... she didnt drink in high school but then had champagne on prom night and passed out and missed prom..... because she wasnt a drinker

Whoopi on the other hand.... is just a liar

• Love 4

Unless I'm miscalculating Whoopi was 18 when Alexa was born in May 1973, Whoopi must have been pregnant in since Aug '72 at 17 yrs - normally high school age although she "didn't" go. Some sources say she dropped out rather than never went.

She would have been 17 when she gave birth.... she would have turned 18 in November..... which means she would have been 16 when she conceived in Aug or Sept 1972

It is almost creepy sitting here figuring this out   lolol

• Love 2

Got it.  Like I said, her story has worked out beautifully.  They are close; there are many grandchildren; everyone seems connected with lots of love.  Yet Whoopi still feels inferior and overcompensates that she or her child really didn't have any serious education and are not academics.  

• Love 2

I didn't like them saying that parents are spending " thousands and thousands of dollars" on a prom dress. Maybe in the wealthiest areas of the country, but it's certainly not the norm!

Most schools around me have chaperones after-prom events to ensure the kids stay safe and sober.

Raven pissed me off with her idea about teaching teens to drink. Alcohol can have a bad effect on developing brains. And when does she think this should start? What a stupid idea.

• Love 4

Fount this online.  Suppose it's from her autobiography?  "Goldberg holds a Ph.D. in literature from New York University and an honorary degree from Wilson College in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania."  The article said she dropped out of high school.

Remember when she couldn't remember Hoda Kotb and called her "Oda Mae"?  Oda Mae Brown is the name of Whoopi's character in "Ghost."

• Love 2
(edited)

A google search turned up a book that has biographical info on screen actors. It was printed in 2003. The link should go to the correct page for Ms. Goldberg. It has her birthdate as 1949 not 1955. It doesn't show a college like others listed just her place of birth as NYC.

This would make her older for the birth of her daughter and not high school age.

http://bit.ly/1ckxZ06

Edited by Dissy
  • Love 1
There is no way Whoopi Goldberg holds a Ph.D. in anything.  Honorary, maybe (which if I live to be 1000, I will never understand), but legitimate….absolutely not

I agree.  Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't someone have to have a bachelors degree and then a masters degree before they get a Ph.D?  And when exactly would all this have taken place?

So Raven thinks kids should be taught to drink before they drive?  Well that is all fine and dandy but she does know it is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to drink right? So I guess she wants to raise the driving age to 21 then.  What an idiot.

• Love 3

How dreadful you can't even really tell the difference between a Live and Pre-taped show. And not for positive reasons like great production or clever editing, but because of continuously non-relevant discussions and a lack of current hot topics.

• Love 3

I agree.  Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't someone have to have a bachelors degree and then a masters degree before they get a Ph.D?  And when exactly would all this have taken place?

So Raven thinks kids should be taught to drink before they drive?  Well that is all fine and dandy but she does know it is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to drink right? So I guess she wants to raise the driving age to 21 then.  What an idiot.

Yes.  And sometimes a double masters before Ph.D. studies.  

As far as 14 -15 year olds drinking before ever driving….are you f*****g kidding me?  That's a criminal offence and such a disturbing thought pattern.  She just torched her last shred of interesting-ness.   

• Love 1

Seriously, I am 15 seconds in on today’s episode and I am already shouting STFU!!!!!!!!!! @ Nicole . . . don’t think I’m going to make it through the whole hour.

• Love 3