Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 05/25/15

Athena
  • Start Topic

(edited)

today's little discussion of working moms vs. stay-at-home moms, made me wonder what year it was.  Isn't this discussion OVER? The whole thing just seemed like pandering to me.  Moms are great! Hurray for working moms!  hurray for mom raising kids!   Women are great whether they have kids or not!  what was that?  No discussion, just cheerleading - yay for our team! women rock!   woo-hoo!  get the audience clapping on camera, because who doesn't love WOMEN!!!!

You nailed it backformore;  Oh, I thought I heard Nicole say shriek, "Women are BRAVE whether they have kids or not!!!!"  Hahahaha

These lamer-than-usual taped shows have Hot Topics like "How Often Should You Wash Your Bra?"  (Really, Show?)  which of course quickly dissolved into Whoopi boob jokes.  I just wonder if that topic was selected by design because whoever is responsible would/should know that's what would happen so they either think it's funny or don't care.  My money is on the latter. 

This was the biggest revelation for me.  That everyone literally warned her not to marry Sal.  It's one thing to be polite and not get involved in your doings it is another thing for her to say Whoppi cornered her in her dressing room and told her not to marry Sal.  Also we have heard the Barbara Walters story about threatening to kill Sal if he hurt Sherri.  In the past it was played more as "maternal love", now we know that Barbara was really serious and that she hated Sal.  Gives the whole exchange new meaning.

This doesn't really surprise me, only because at the time even we* could see the bright red flags and actually questioned where her 'good girlfriends' were to tell her Sal the Golddigger was a bad idea. 

*by "we" I mean those of us who hung out on The View thread at TWoP.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7
(edited)

today's little discussion of working moms vs. stay-at-home moms, made me wonder what year it was.  Isn't this discussion OVER? The whole thing just seemed like pandering to me.  Moms are great! Hurray for working moms!  hurray for mom raising kids!   Women are great whether they have kids or not!  what was that?  No discussion, just cheerleading - yay for our team! women rock!   woo-hoo!  get the audience clapping on camera, because who doesn't love WOMEN!!!!

Taking care of house and kids is not a job that can ONLY be done by women.   Families make things work, some how, and we don't all fit into those two camps EITHER staying home OR working.  Shift work, part-time work, etc.    And the idea that "moms should get a salary to stay home" - WTF?  Paid for by Whoopi's taxes, I assume? 

Oh and I don't even know how to respond to these women doing their little imitations of sexy moves on a mattress.  

I clearly missed this part.  Walking in and out of room.  Gotta say, I really cringe at the "raw raw woman moms" from that group.  Everyone is hopefully doing what they really want to do…But essentially, like you just said families just make it work.

I had a pretty great, successful career and the minute my gorgeous, chunky daughter was born, I just morphed.  I remember clearly dozing in bed with her, she was about 4wks old and the telephone rang.  A previous employer was looking for me/offered me a job right there and I just looked at that little chunk blinking at me and had to decline.  There are bits of me that regret that choice, but I would truly never trade those first couple of years with her.  I love that girl more than my next breath.  Anyway, she's ten now, things are quite different and you just gotta live in the moment whenever possible. 

I hate the judging of mommies.

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Love 4
(edited)

I've been watching Sherri since her not knowing whether the earth was flat days. She has never listened to anyone's advice - WG, Nanny Jo, friends etc. She was very bitter about her ex husband and although understandable her new job with The View didn't seem the right forum for her comments, imo.

Then she became desperate to date - and then "git a huzzband" and have him "put a ring on it". While becoming a born again virgin with Sal. Immediately wanted a baby and although it took a while got one through surrogacy. Now its all my friends told me, I was tricked, etc. 

So her  "joke" yesterday about giving Raven one or two of her kids was in such bad taste I still have a hard time forgetting it. Personally I am thrilled she is receiving so much flack about it all over social media. Especially when one large segment of her work is performing at Christian Comedy Gospel venues. And I am not particularly religious. But WTH? 

What was ABC, or the producers thinking inviting her back to co-host?

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 9

I clearly missed this part.  Walking in and out of room.  Gotta say, I really cringe at the "raw raw woman moms" from that group.  Everyone is hopefully doing what they really want to do…But essentially, like you just said families just make it work.

I had a pretty great, successful career and the minute my gorgeous, chunky daughter was born, I just morphed.  I remember clearly dozing in bed with her, she was about 4wks old and the telephone rang.  A previous employer was looking for me/offered me a job right there and I just looked at that little chunk blinking at me and had to decline.  There are bits of me that regret that choice, but I would truly never trade those first couple of years with her.  I love that girl more than my next breath.  Anyway, she's ten now, things are quite different and you just gotta live in the moment whenever possible. 

I hate the judging of mommies.

I am a day late in watching, so maybe you didn't miss it, I just should have said it was on YESTERDAY'S show. 

But yeah, I have been a stay at home mom, a part-time, evenings and weekends working mom, and a full time working mom.  Most parents I know try to make adjustments in their careers to make it work .  Staying home with babies is important, if you can do it, and if you WANT to do it.  For me, it was about having a baby with multiple medical issues, and then severe food allergies, there was just no way I could put him in daycare - and I didn't want to.  Luckily, my husband was working.  after a few years, I worked evenings and weekends when he was home.  It's what families DO.

In the early days of The View, they covered the working mom/ stay at home mom issue in a much more genuine way.  And it was the era of "mommy wars".  This just seemed like someone decided the show had to cover "women's issues", and the hosts are now going to be forced to fake interest in what they think the audience wants.   Guess what?  we don't need surveys about working moms, or discussions about sagging breasts, or sex, from  a bunch of women faking sincerity as they try to relate to the audience. 

It's not working

• Love 7
(edited)

This was the biggest revelation for me.  That everyone literally warned her not to marry Sal.  It's one thing to be polite and not get involved in your doings it is another thing for her to say Whoppi cornered her in her dressing room and told her not to marry Sal.  Also we have heard the Barbara Walters story about threatening to kill Sal if he hurt Sherri.  In the past it was played more as "maternal love", now we know that Barbara was really serious and that she hated Sal.  Gives the whole exchange new meaning.

They all saw that Sal was going to be trouble...Sherrie was so desperate to be married and to stop being celibate....Do you guys remember her horny woman shtick? Predatory people are good at reading people in launching their attack on their prey..Sherrie is naive like a child...I am pretty sure it did not take sal very long to get in her head and in her heart...That is why she is in the mess that she is....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I am frequently embarrassed watching this show but never more than when Sherri is on because it just doesn't stop.  The talk about how everyone warned her not to marry him...she was too damn old not to see that coming.  I finally had to fast forward when she was rubbing up on the cook.  It was gross, attention whoring, and if a man did that to a female guest he would be in a world of trouble. 

Did Nicole really shout that all women are brave?  None more so than those of us who watch this show!  LOL  I'm really getting sick of hearing how "brave" everyone is.

• Love 11

Haven't watched the show in a while but love checking in with your comments here. Wow, if Sherri said ALL her friends warned her against marrying I am a bit skeptical and think she is saying that because it is convienient for her comedy routine and she can spin stories based on that and fill 10 minutes of any standup comedy gig she gets.

I recall Barbara's comment to Sal about not hurting Sherri, but seriously think Babs was just wanting to look cute saying that, probably said it to many other males marrying female aqua intended of hers, and in no way think Bab's seemingly protective comment indicates that She and Sherrie were good, sincere friends. Even though Sherrie always spins it that way.

I' m more inclined to think her friends said make sure you have a good prenup and, since he has minor experience in comedy writing, you guys can team up on projects together.

I'm kind of surprised she was asked back to co-host! The fact that there was a food based segment on the show she was on is hysterical!

• Love 2

IMO they should have given a nod to SAHD's as well.

Whatever, raising a child/ren is not easy whether a couple or single, working part/full time or home all the time. Who has ever heard anybody say "raising a kid is easy breezy?"

• Love 4

Sherri married Sal because he is 6 ft something and soo many lbs and even said their baby could only play football. She wanted a husband and a reality show wedding. It's all about TV and Sherri.

• Love 9

Under the topic of even jackasses have good qualities:  my heart warmed a little bit to Whoopi today when she took off her shoulder blanket and placed it around Susan Sarandan's shivering cute little dog.  She probably wasn't cold - older dogs just shiver occasionally in stressful situations, but it was still a nice thing to do.

The Whoopster (I use this with the same degree of fondness as with The Dumpster) ... NEVAH says or does anything without a purpose.  The purpose here was to have all us dog (cat) lovers saying aww, isn't she sweet.  She's not sweet!!  She's a conniving, back-stabbing, two-faced POS whose only loyalty is to herself & her own family.  They've started ending the show with everyone lined up with their arms around each other & The Whoopster blabbing out some kind of limp platitude like she really cares if you "enjoy YOUR view".  Give me a break!!!  (Ellen does the "Be kind to each other" at the end of her show & I feel she's sincere.)

• Love 7

She used abortions multiple times in the past for birth control. Walking away from the baby same same same. It's never her fault. But now she makes jokes about it. Unbelievable .

• Love 4
(edited)
She used abortions multiple times in the past for birth control. Walking away from the baby same same same. It's never her fault. But now she makes jokes about it. Unbelievable .

Wait!  Let's not be hasty.  Sherri's a COMIC for godsake!  A comic!!  She should not be held accountable for any comments that are shrewish, backstabbing, exaggerated, lying, cruel, or not. funny. at. all. They are jokes, people. Maybe you're just not quick enough to catch on.  A COMIC has free rein in the Christian world.  A female COMIC is given even more leeway.  You go, girl.  Shake it until your oft-mentioned uterus falls out.

THAT's comedy!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 9

Under the topic of even jackasses have good qualities:  my heart warmed a little bit to Whoopi today when she took off her shoulder blanket and placed it around Susan Sarandan's shivering cute little dog.  She probably wasn't cold - older dogs just shiver occasionally in stressful situations, but it was still a nice thing to do.

"her shoulder blanket" That's amazing…..

• Love 4
(edited)

I had never thought it about it that way Jpxfactor (about SS treating her 2nd child like an abortion) and couldn't agree with you more. And I am pro-choice except for choosing it as a form of birth control. 

Reading your post about Whoopi, MedicineCrow, was spot on and I suddenly realized WG has finally found the perfect co-panelists for herself in their complete adoration of her......something she never had from the others on the show for years. Even when BW was not there all the time. Ugh!

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

As usual, D-listed's story on Sherri's comments made me laugh out loud:

http://dlisted.com/2015/05/29/sherri-shepherd-made-a-joke-about-giving-away-one-of-her-kids-on-the-view/

From the article: "During the round-table cluck fest that is the Hot Topics segment, Raven-Symoné admitted that she really wants a baby in her life. Sherri, who was back as a guest host because…I have no idea why, responded by saying “Girl, I got one or two you can have of mine.” That sound you just heard was Lamar Sally gleefully whipping out his calculator and trying to figure out just how much child support money he’d make off Raven’s Cosby Show residual checks."

• Love 6

Reading your post about Whoopi, MedicineCrow, was spot on and I suddenly realized WG has finally found the perfect co-panelists for herself in their complete adoration of her......something she never had from the others on the show for years. Even when BW was not there all the time. Ugh!

Yes, Whoopi has been super pleased with herself since RO left and she started running the show.  Since there isn't any [visible anyway] showrunner she just took the reins and created Whoopi and the Whoopsters.  <----- I forget who here first came up with that phrase, my apologizes

I made it seven minutes today before Whoopi told us, 'Don't tweet or email me, I don't care [what you think]"  and I turned it off.    I've never tweeted this show, much less Whoopi, but it kind of amazes me that so many other shows (The Talk) beg their audiences to weigh in via social media while this crapfest just flat out lets the audience know they don't really give a shit one way or another.  

• Love 5

I have read though some of these comments. There have been stories from stay at home moms, taking care of the kids. I think this is very good for the children and the mother. My mom was both a stay at home mom and a working mom at different times.  One thing though... no one talks about these stay at home moms being "gold diggers" .... that just seems to be saved for stay at home dads.

We all saw Sherri on The View talking about how she needed a man and how desperate she was. How she wanted help with Jeffery. Lamar Sally was her choice. Now remember... he didnt just show up one day and say "pick me... pick me!!" No..... they met because of one of her friends.... one of her "best friends"..... Her Best Friend thought they would make a great pair.... and Sherri agreed.... maggiemae has a great post above describing Sherri's search for a man for all of us to see.

But now we are supposed to believe that Sal was a predator gold digging stay at home dad who tricked Sherri into having a baby. There is no way that narrative would exist if the genders of this couple were reversed.

• Love 6

You're right, RogerFromOhio.  

Sherri re-writes her own story to suit whatever fits what she wants to say that day.  There's something very pathetic and attention-seeking about her.  She re-invents her own story so often, and seems to believe whatever version she is currently selling. 

Her best friend fixed her up with Sal - but now her best friends all warned her against marrying him.  She talked about yearning for another baby.  We all heard her talk about fears of infertility, and how she was afraid she couldn't get pregnant, they might have to use a surrogate.    Now, she somehow feels tricked into agreeing to the surrogacy?

Her manic behavior with the latest celeb diet chef was oddly reminiscent of when Clinton Kelly was on the show, and she was dancing and singing and praising Jesus.  (at least she didn't twerk on him)  A very manic, desperate way of acting, trying too hard to be happy when things are falling apart for her.  

• Love 9
Yes, Whoopi has been super pleased with herself since RO left and she started running the show.

Preachin' to the choir, CosmoCrush...preachin' to the choir.  Whoopi has only recently begun dancin' out to the music.   She never cared (or listened) before.  Yeah, I guess things are going her way and she can finally be happy--until something happens she doesn't like.  She'll let us know.

• Love 8

the food segment had the diet guy saying how healthy the food was, and how you could lose weight eating this way. But Sherri wasn't hearing that it was a diet PLAN. She seemed to think that the more of the food she ate, the more she'd lose. Seems to me it was a 22 day diet, and Sherri was trying to eat 22 days worth of food in one hour. Her rubbing up on the diet guy was pretty rude and inappropriate. At one point she seemed to be chanting something , but I couldn't hear the words because they were said through a mouthful of noodles.

I avoided Sherri's return episode like the plague (for obvious reasons), but just reading this made me laugh so hard I almost fell out of my chair. Maybe the memories of her doing this daily are just too clear.

I avoid this show like the plague (for obvious reasons) but still love reading this forum when I get a chance to and want to thank all of you who continue to take one for the team and watch this garbage and report back here on what you have witnessed.  Because like TheGreenKnight, this food segment recap, along with another poster's comment (I think it was backformore) that said Sherri was 'twerking the food guy' and the ongoing discussion about Whoopi and her white shirts had me almost rolling on the floor laughing.  OMG, LOL.  Too funny.  You guys are awesome.  Thank You!  It's because of you guys that I get to feel like I was actually there to witness all of this nonsense without actually having to suffer through the agony of actually having to watch. 

• Love 8

I have read though some of these comments. There have been stories from stay at home moms, taking care of the kids. I think this is very good for the children and the mother. My mom was both a stay at home mom and a working mom at different times.  One thing though... no one talks about these stay at home moms being "gold diggers" .... that just seems to be saved for stay at home dads.

We all saw Sherri on The View talking about how she needed a man and how desperate she was. How she wanted help with Jeffery. Lamar Sally was her choice. Now remember... he didnt just show up one day and say "pick me... pick me!!" No..... they met because of one of her friends.... one of her "best friends"..... Her Best Friend thought they would make a great pair.... and Sherri agreed.... maggiemae has a great post above describing Sherri's search for a man for all of us to see.

But now we are supposed to believe that Sal was a predator gold digging stay at home dad who tricked Sherri into having a baby. There is no way that narrative would exist if the genders of this couple were reversed.

Great, now I can't get "Gold Digger" by Kanye West out of my head. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't watch every day.  I DVR the show, and watch it if this forum makes me curious enough to watch, and I watch it late at night.(fast-forwarding through most of it)  or I put it on when I'm doing something else, just to see what idiocy is going on.  I rarely watch through HOT Topics, though, unless there's a guest i'm interested in. 

The View has been on my DVR since the days that I was anticipating a bitsy meltdown.  

But really, CementHead , if you can find a clip of the diet food guy, it's worth it.  he started by saying this was the diet that kept BEYONCE n shape.  Sherri shoves all the food in her mouth, then, I assume, she thinks she has a Beyoncé body, and she starts dancing, and backs up to him, while he's talking!   she's  twerking her butt while he tries to look amused instead of horrified.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
(edited)

But really, CementHead , if you can find a clip of the diet food guy, it's worth it.  he started by saying this was the diet that kept BEYONCE n shape.  Sherri shoves all the food in her mouth, then, I assume, she thinks she has a Beyoncé body, and she starts dancing, and backs up to him, while he's talking!   she's  twerking her butt while he tries to look amused instead of horrified.

This isn't the whole thing but enough...............The View has it on their Twitter page and Sherri re-tweeted it on hers. For some reason I can't link either of them

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CGG3J8FWMAAMBSK.mp4

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
(edited)

I called Sal a golddigger because I think that's exactly what he is.   Long before they had this child, Sal didn't really have a job or any visible income.   [Jeffery has school and a nanny. ]  This guy sent up half a dozen red flags on this show alone, who knows how many in person.  Sherri was famous,  worth a small fortune, and dumb as a box of hair.    I honestly believe he wanted this baby - even after the marriage was disintegrating - as a meal ticket to Sherri's bank account.  He has no other income besides Sherri's child support.

As far as reversing the genders - I've seen it go the other way more often than this way or even same genders (Rosie O'Donnell and her soon to be ex-wife for example]  I'd say Camile Grammar sets the bar pretty high for gold diggers who married for money, had some meal tickets kids through surrogacy and walked away with an estimated 80 million in assets.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6
(edited)

I found it here:  http://abc.go.com/shows/the-view/video/pl5554876/vdka0_gayqvro3  and I don't think anyone was exaggerating her behavior.  I've seen Sherri twerk and I've seen her use her hands to shove food in her mouth but I don't think I've ever seen her do both at the same time.  Awesome.  Never change Sherri, never learn anything. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

I have read though some of these comments. There have been stories from stay at home moms, taking care of the kids. I think this is very good for the children and the mother. My mom was both a stay at home mom and a working mom at different times. One thing though... no one talks about these stay at home moms being "gold diggers" .... that just seems to be saved for stay at home dads.

Well said, Roger. I agree completely. If the gender roles were reversed in this entire relationship a lot of people would be singing a very different tune. And if a man had tried to walk away and disown that child six months into the pregnancy Sherri and her supporters would have been screaming bloody murder, and rightfully so. I call complete BS on Sherri's latest claim that her besties tried to warn her. It was her bestie, Niecy Nash, who introduced them. At MOST I'm willing to concede that possibly one or two friends tried to counsel her to slow down and not rush into marriage. FWIW, Sal has said publicly that he didn't want to get married so quickly. He said he wanted to wait another year or two but that Sherri pushed getting married sooner because she wanted to be married before they started trying to make a baby which she wanted right away before she got any older. She pushed hard for that wedding and because it was what she wanted he eventually agreed. And you know what? I believe him.

I'm also glad to see that people noticed and are giving her heat for that tasteless, tone deaf "joke" about having a kid she wouldn't mind giving away. She's earned every bit of criticism she gets.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'd say Camile Grammar sets the bar pretty high for gold diggers who married for money, had some meal tickets kids through surrogacy and walked away with an estimated 80 million in assets.

Actually, Cosmo, call me gullible, but Camile had me totally on her side.  I was watching that Real Housewives of Beverley Hills(?) at the time & was completely "in her camp".  (I still can't watch Kelsey Grammar without thinking sleeze, douche, etc.)

OTOH, I believe Sal had no plans when he married Sherri, but when he saw just how stupid she was, he jumped on his ticket to ride.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 4

Another distasteful aspect to Sherri's "joke" that she had a couple kids she would be willing to give up:  Didn't she have a long, painful custody battle just a year ago with Jeff Tarpley over Jeffrey?

She literally makes me shake my head.

• Love 6
(edited)

Actually, Cosmo, call me gullible, but Camile had me totally on her side.  I was watching that Real Housewives of Beverley Hills(?) at the time & was completely "in her camp".  (I still can't watch Kelsey Grammar without thinking sleeze, douche, etc.)

OTOH, I believe Sal had no plans when he married Sherri, but when he saw just how stupid she was, he jumped on his ticket to ride.  Just sayin'.

MedicineCrow,  I watch RHOBH too and I was rooting for Camille to get it all as well, lol.  Doesn't mean she wasn't a golddigger - just that she's really really good at it! Actually I don't think she really thought he would end up leaving her ( she seemed to love being his trophy wife and had something like four nannies for two kids) but by marrying Kelsey she was set either way (no prenup) once they had children.  

You make a good point about Sal not having any plans when he married Sherri and seizing the opportunity when he saw it.  But I think he married her, at least in part for her money.  It always bugged me that he didn't have a job (in his 40s and still doesn't)  all while grabbing full custody of  their baby.   If there wasn't a baby and he wasn't hell bent on making Sherri pay child support what would he be doing now?  Maybe still married? Maybe working?    Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Sherri at all - she made the decision to marry this guy and went to great lengths to have a baby with him and now she gets to pay for those bad decisions.  

That "joke" on The View had to be one of most awkward things I've seen since RO left.  I'm glad she got a lot of heat for it since she's always saying that comedians have a free pass to say anything. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2
You make a good point about Sal not having any plans when he married Sherri and seizing the opportunity when he saw it.

They all touted him as a TV writer...and kept up that story (Sherri, Sal, Neicy Nash, and more) while he continued to "look for work."   I think he worked on a show as an uncredited writer in 2004.  Wasn't he the "executive producer" on her TV series?  Sherri has explained her belief to us that once someone is in showbiz (even reality shows), they DESERVE to stay in the business because they need to earn that kind of money.

• Love 2

Sal isn't jobless anymore and hasn't been for awhile. He got licensed again to be a teacher and has been doing that. 

I did not know that Jaded.  Thank you.   I haven't really been following this situation since last year, when some tab reported that he didn't have a job their entire marriage and still didn't at the time they filed for separation, unless blabbing to the tabs for months afterward count.  I seem to remember something about him turning down $150K lump sum settlement too.    If he is working as a teacher, then  I stand corrected on my comment about Sal having a job.  

• Love 1

Bra washing, Nextiteration?    I don't know if I heard correctly that we were hardly ever supposed to wash our bras.  I lost consciousness when Rayven said she HAS TO SPEND $450 on her bras because of her cup size.   She could probably bring in a gaggle of seamstresses who would make her some for $100.

• Love 2

Y'all having me dying of curiosity, what was the upshot or advice about the frequency of bra washing?   Was there a differentiation made regarding lingerie type bras vs. the every day stuff?  Do tell!

Basically, it was just a bunch of silly talk & then I ff'd, so I can't tell you anything.  For the record, I saw a show once that demonstrated bra washing & I've been using that method for many years.  (Safety pin to hold the hooks closed; inside out in a lingerie bag; cold water; gentle cycle.  Hang outside in nice weather or over a towel rack to dry.)

• Love 3

Bra washing, Nextiteration?    I don't know if I heard correctly that we were hardly ever supposed to wash our bras.  I lost consciousness when Rayven said she HAS TO SPEND $450 on her bras because of her cup size.   She could probably bring in a gaggle of seamstresses who would make her some for $100.

My great-niece pays that much for her fancy bras.  (When I found that out, I stopped giving her birthday & Christmas presents.)  I never pay more than $30 at Sears for mine.

• Love 3

$450 is utter nonsense, she's choosing to pay that much even if she wears 44 HH or something.  For pretty lingerie type bras in those large sizes they can run up to around $75-100 on a regular basis, though.  That's what I was wondering Former Nun, frequency for the fancy stuff.

Do not blame you Medicine Crow, that's a freakish amount to spend on a damn bra, unless you are a millionaire, but even then it's so impractical.  We don't all need to be wearing Agent Provocateur.

• Love 1

My great-niece pays that much for her fancy bras. (When I found that out, I stopped giving her birthday & Christmas presents.) I never pay more than $30 at Sears for mine.

I'm with you. I have $30 Tatas. $40 if it's my birthday.

• Love 3
(edited)

Y'all having me dying of curiosity, what was the upshot or advice about the frequency of bra washing?   Was there a differentiation made regarding lingerie type bras vs. the every day stuff?  Do tell!

The upshot was a chance for Whoopi to announce she hasn't worn a bra since before Raven was born and drag out every one of her  lame saggy boob jokes that we've heard a million times before.    IF you were still listening after all that nonsense though, the answer was to wash every three or four wearings, which I'm pretty sure the grown up women watching this shitshow already know.

Basically, it was just a bunch of silly talk & then I ff'd, so I can't tell you anything.  For the record, I saw a show once that demonstrated bra washing & I've been using that method for many years.  (Safety pin to hold the hooks closed; inside out in a lingerie bag; cold water; gentle cycle.  Hang outside in nice weather or over a towel rack to dry.)

Nice tip MC, thanks. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

Someone made a gif from the part of the cooking segment that has Sherry twerking down the front of the chef. And damned if she didn't feature it on Twitter. Insight, thy name is not Sherri. Plus she makes a point to let us know that she loves those cooking segments.

• Love 2

Someone made a gif from the part of the cooking segment that has Sherry twerking down the front of the chef. And damned if she didn't feature it on Twitter. Insight, thy name is not Sherri. Plus she makes a point to let us know that she loves those cooking segments.

Wasn't she thinking she was getting a cooking show at some point?  There was some mention of a show where she visited restaurants who served food with a dose of religion?  Maybe that's why she tried so hard to take over that cooking segment.

And though I'm SURE that the gif was made to mock Sherri,  I bet she thinks it's pretty sexy. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Sherry is a moronic simpleton that lacks any type of self-awareness and maturity. She seems like she is a very sad and lonely woman...Her shameless behavior in the cooking segment was something typical that is a part of her comedic act. Since she calls herself a comedian, I have yet to laugh at any of her jokes, but I digress. She feels that she has the right to do and say whatever the hell she wants...I  hope this was the last time, that we had the displeasure of watching her on the view....Have a good life Sherrie! Godspeed!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Sherri recently tweeted about going to her "2nd job" after appearing on the radio show she does on Thursday mornings. More to follow or something like that is what she said. Cause don't you know that will just put everyone in a tizzy  until she announces what the job is. Such mystery, such suspense. From what I saw not one person could give a shit! I guess she didn't know about it when she taped for The View. Certainly they would have allowed her to promote whatever it is. Or, maybe not!!

• Love 2

Perhaps they edited that part out, but left her buffoonery in the show to humiliate her.Plus, I remember Sherry throwing shade on the show after it was revealed that she was indeed fired and that she  did not leave because of a spiritual awakening...lol..Sherry claimed that since the number 7 is a special number in the Bible, it was equivalent to her seven years on the show..Therefore, it was time for her to move on..lol

Sherri recently tweeted about going to her "2nd job" after appearing on the radio show she does on Thursday mornings. More to follow or something like that is what she said. Cause don't you know that will just put everyone in a tizzy  until she announces what the job is. Such mystery, such suspense. From what I saw not one person could give a shit! I guess she didn't know about it when she taped for The View. Certainly they would have allowed her to promote whatever it is. Or, maybe not!!

Perhaps they edited that part out, but left her buffoonery in the show to humiliate her.Plus, I remember Sherry throwing shade on the show after it was revealed that she was indeed fired and that she  did not leave because of a spiritual awakening...lol..Sherry claimed that since the number 7 is a special number in the Bible, it was equivalent to her seven years on the show..Therefore, it was time for her to move on..lol 

One last thing about Sherri's appearance on The View..... It wasn't really all that hyped..... but isnt it interesting that it was taped a couple weeks in advance... but her "Best Friend" Whoopi.... wasn't there for the taping.... I mean if those 2 are as tight as they want us to believe.... couldn't they have scheduled it at a time when her "best friend" would be able to be on the show with her??

• Love 3
(edited)

On GSN I noticed they were showing Sherri episodes of The Newlywed Game in primetime tonight. They had been showing them late night that I've noticed.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1