Type keyword(s) to search

S32: Spoilers

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, LanceM said:

Uh oh, Dr. Joe is back....

I didn't see that in the preview. Really? If the last medavac happens next week then I think it'll be more hyped up over the week, no?

There was a post way back stating some source said Jason was in the final three. I'm so glad that spoiler is wrong! I guess it said Julia was in the F3, too. Now I don't mind whoever's left, any combination of them is OK as long as one of them is Aubry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Big Mother said:

I didn't see that in the preview. Really? If the last medavac happens next week then I think it'll be more hyped up over the week, no?

Dr. Joe was in Jason's POnderosa video. He had been missing up until last night.

Yeah, that one reddit post that everyone thought was Jason or Scot has now officially been debunked, although some thought it could be Cydney. Although if the pier picture really is the jury then it's not Cydney, either.

Wasn't there also a rumor or spec floating around that Jason had made the family visit reward, due to SM posts about his wife being chummy with someone else's family member? I was genuinely worried last night he wouldn't go because of that, although I knew Michelle wouldn't get voted out either. Glad that one turned out to be bogus also.

This is really like the least spoiled Survivor season in a long time, isn't it? This thread is really no different then the speculation thread, lol. It's kind of refreshing to actually be in suspense every week.

• Love 1

Isn't it possible that the footage taken at Ponderosa (the legs on the pier shot) was taken after FTC?  I always assumed that the final Survivors got to spend at least a couple nights at Ponderosa cleaning up/getting any treatment, etc., before flying to the U.S.

(edited)

Doesn't seem likely that Joe or anyone is medi-vaced next week; it would have been in the preview. 

I don't think seeing Dr Joe at Ponderosa (I missed that) is anything more than checking up on everyone's infections to monitor the healing process.  This is if Dr Joe is a doctor and not the nick name for someone else that I missed!  

Edited by wings707

Dr. Joe was present during the night time medevac that they showed in the preview of the season.  That is why it is interesting that Joe appears to be back now since the other doctor they had has been doing the checkups at Ponderosa for the last few boots.

I just watched the preview again, and it's a night scene and Jeff clearly says to Dr. Joe, "You are pulling him from the game..."  And then there's a shot of what seems to be someone on a stretcher being loaded onto a truck.

(edited)
4 hours ago, kassandra8286 said:

Yeah, that one reddit post that everyone thought was Jason or Scot has now officially been debunked, although some thought it could be Cydney. Although if the pier picture really is the jury then it's not Cydney, either.

I hoped it was Cydney, mostly because I didn't want it to be Kyle. I do think she gets to final episode, though, because of the episode description for the final episode. It specifically mentioned that there was one of each tribe left. For Brawn, only Cydney is left. Beauty could be Tai or Michele (fingers crossed for Michele). Brains could be Aubry or Joe (please, let it be Aubry). Whether that description meant the final three had one of each was up for debate.  (I felt that it was, but could be wrong). 

Wondering if Joe is medevaced next episode, then the final episode starts with Tai, Michele, Cydney and Aubry. Then, the women take Tai out. If Joe is evacuated, there won't be a TC. Starting the final episode with only three hasn't been done in at least a decade, has it? 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

Wondering if Joe is medevaced next episode, then the final episode starts with Tai, Michele, Cydney and Aubry. Then, the women take Tai out. 

Honestly if this is what happens, I wonder why Jeff has been so down on this season?  Even if (especially!) it was heavily Bro-tastic and bully-esque in the beginning, what a great comeuppance this would be for three smart, savvy, strong women to go to the end.  Each one of those three would be a worthy winner, IMO, and one from each tribe!  It's like you couldn't script it better.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Special K said:

Honestly if this is what happens, I wonder why Jeff has been so down on this season?  Even if (especially!) it was heavily Bro-tastic and bully-esque in the beginning, what a great comeuppance this would be for three smart, savvy, strong women to go to the end.  Each one of those three would be a worthy winner, IMO, and one from each tribe!  It's like you couldn't script it better.

Some people say he would hate a woman's final three. I see the point, even if I am a little iffy on its accuracy. As much as he loved Julia, maybe her absence bothers him. Maybe he didn’t like Tai getting bounced. I don't like the guy, but lots of folks (including the editors) do. 

Also, I think the medevacs and bullying were why the lack of hype, especially the loss of Caleb and how that went down. To be honest, I have really warmed up to this season. I might even say that I am loving it. And I fully admit that the women as final three is what I want to see, so my predictions are biased by that. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Special K said:

Isn't it possible that the footage taken at Ponderosa (the legs on the pier shot) was taken after FTC?  I always assumed that the final Survivors got to spend at least a couple nights at Ponderosa cleaning up/getting any treatment, etc., before flying to the U.S.

Possible but not probable. All the Ponderosa vids that show the them boarding the bus to the airport home shows them leaving the morning after FTC. Off the top of my head, S20 and S22 showed that.

I don't love this season, but I like it better than Worlds Apart.  I actually think it's improved from the beginning, but I find it kind of boring still.  There isn't really anyone I'm rooting for-love Tai, love Aubry, Cydney is okay, but these aren't contestants that I'm jumping out of my seat at every week.

(edited)
26 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

Possible but not probable. All the Ponderosa vids that show the them boarding the bus to the airport home shows them leaving the morning after FTC. Off the top of my head, S20 and S22 showed that.

Do you mean just the jury, or the jury and the final three? If the latter is the case, the final three spending the night at Ponderosa before leaving would make more sense. 

I don't love this season, but I like it better than Worlds Apart.  I actually think it's improved from the beginning, but I find it kind of boring still.  There isn't really anyone I'm rooting for-love Tai, love Aubry, Cydney is okay, but these aren't contestants that I'm jumping out of my seat at every week.

I think the reason I can say I love it is that we have a lot of people actually playing. Once Debbie left, the "character" types were mostly gone, although Tai is kind of resting on character to a great extent. Joe is useless, but everyone else is trying. That's what I want in Survivor, even if I don't like the people a whole lot. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 1
41 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

Do you mean just the jury, or the jury and the final three? If the latter is the case, the final three spending the night at Ponderosa before leaving would make more sense. 

I meant everyone, including the final 2/3. They usually talk/party all nite after the FTC but still hafta leave the next day. I dont know how they do it since I am a very slow packer myself.

1 hour ago, azshadowwalker said:

I hoped it was Cydney, mostly because I didn't want it to be Kyle. I do think she gets to final episode, though, because of the episode description for the final episode. It specifically mentioned that there was one of each tribe left. For Brawn, only Cydney is left. Beauty could be Tai or Michele (fingers crossed for Michele). Brains could be Aubry or Joe (please, let it be Aubry). Whether that description meant the final three had one of each was up for debate.  (I felt that it was, but could be wrong). 

Oh, you're right, I forgot about the finale episode description, which is:

Castaways from all three tribes – Brains, Brawn and Beauty – remain, and one will be crowned the Sole Survivor during the two-hour season finale, followed by the Live Reunion Show (10:00-11:00 PM) hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst. (http://www.epguides.com/Survivor/)

The way it's written seems to say the three tribes will be represented (remain) at the start of the episode, not the F3. So like you said, Cydney is safe next week since she's the only remaining Brawn member.

Wondering if Joe is medevaced next episode, then the final episode starts with Tai, Michele, Cydney and Aubry. Then, the women take Tai out. If Joe is evacuated, there won't be a TC. Starting the final episode with only three hasn't been done in at least a decade, has it? 

I think all signs point to that. Joe will be medevaced next week, there won't be a TC, and the finale will start with the remaining final four who represent all three tribes.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, thehepburn said:

I meant everyone, including the final 2/3. They usually talk/party all nite after the FTC but still hafta leave the next day. I dont know how they do it since I am a very slow packer myself.

That would mean that the picture on the pier isn’t necessarily the jury. It could have been taken the day after FTC. We already know that if the final episode description is accurate, Cydney has to get as far as final four and the last episode. If everyone spends one night together, and Cydney is in the pier picture, it's taken either just after the last regular tribal (where she gets voted out) or the day after FTC (when she could be jury or final three). I will keep my fingers crossed that it's the latter. 

4 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

That would mean that the picture on the pier isn’t necessarily the jury. It could have been taken the day after FTC. We already know that if the final episode description is accurate, Cydney has to get as far as final four and the last episode. If everyone spends one night together, and Cydney is in the pier picture, it's taken either just after the last regular tribal (where she gets voted out) or the day after FTC (when she could be jury or final three). I will keep my fingers crossed that it's the latter. 

Yes. like I said before - it's possible but not probable. I dont think they really have the time to film a stroll on the pier since they leave right after breakfast and are probably in a rush.

1 hour ago, azshadowwalker said:

Some people say he would hate a woman's final three. I see the point, even if I am a little iffy on its accuracy. As much as he loved Julia, maybe her absence bothers him. Maybe he didn’t like Tai getting bounced. I don't like the guy, but lots of folks (including the editors) do. 

Also, I think the medevacs and bullying were why the lack of hype, especially the loss of Caleb and how that went down. To be honest, I have really warmed up to this season. I might even say that I am loving it. And I fully admit that the women as final three is what I want to see, so my predictions are biased by that. 

Well Jeff is on record saying Micronesia is one of his favorite seasons and that included an all woman final four so I don't necessarily think it is that.  IT might be because MIchele ends up winning and giving the low key UTR game she is playing Jeff might not like that, though he has compared her to Parvati which I still don't get it unless he is talking appearnace wise than may be I can see it.

• Love 1

I am not sure about the Parvati comparison, either. Maybe it comes back to edit, though. I think the "big characters" took up a lot of the season. When and how did Nick and Michele become an alliance, for example. We heard and saw bits of the three Beauty girls bonding, but never got a picture of when Nick entered and why his ties seemed to be with Michele, but not Julia. Julia said Michele was the more dominant of the two after Anna left, but we saw more of Julia's game. Why? 

24 minutes ago, LanceM said:

Well Jeff is on record saying Micronesia is one of his favorite seasons and that included an all woman final four so I don't necessarily think it is that.  IT might be because MIchele ends up winning and giving the low key UTR game she is playing Jeff might not like that, though he has compared her to Parvati which I still don't get it unless he is talking appearnace wise than may be I can see it.

Jeffy is greatly influenced by public reception after airing. I am not sure Jeff was hyping S16 before it aired as a great season but like with Cagayan, he says that it;s one of his faves after the fact.

Didn't Jeff do the Parvati comparison pre-game?  Because that would make more sense, since he hadn't seen her game yet.  I remember she seemed psyched at the comparison, but Michele is no Parvati.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Didn't Jeff do the Parvati comparison pre-game?  Because that would make more sense, since he hadn't seen her game yet.  I remember she seemed psyched at the comparison, but Michele is no Parvati.

Not sure if it was before the game was played or just before it was aired. I would wonder why he would bother with comparison before playing, though. What would he be basing it on? The interview process? That would be a weak basis, but I guess it's possible.  

His other assessments were specifically about play, like his high opinion of Julia. He talked about how she was "out there", and he's made similar statements about previous players. Makes me think these assessments are post-game, but pre-edit, especially in this case, when the game was played a year ago. 

Jeff's Michele/Parv comparison is strange but then again, he doesnt edit the show. Sometimes, he doesnt really understand the show even, as shown by his statement that this season's Brains tribe was almost as dyfunctional as the original Luzon.  Um, that didnt happen, Jeffy.

Yes, those vids are his only assessments he do before most of the game is played out. I like those the best.

In the two weeks before the first ep aired (and a yr after the game was played), Probst compared Michele to Parv at least twice. One was the WCBS vid he did with Stephen n Parv. The other is a written preview with TV Guide. You can look them up if u want.

That just looks like a bunch of people whining about bans and "omg! You stickied a post I didn't want stickied!" I stay off reddit as a matter of course, but that wouldn't make me leave if I did go there. Although there are some sites I have left because of the moderators...

• Love 1
(edited)

Agreed that it's an unhealthy community under questionably over-censoring leadership.  Oh, well.

I think this is now my official favorite and most consistent place to really dig into and discuss spoilers.  Let's keep it that way and be great to one another.

Edited by Azgard12
  • Love 2

Yeah there is still time for a family visit. I remember there was a very early spoiler for this season that Michele made the family visit.  It was in a periscope that Michele did with Anna and Julia months before the season began in which Anna let it slip that we would be seeing Michele's brother on CBS this year.  I also remember a spoiler about Cydney's father making the family visit but I don't know the source of that one. So who knows at this point as the spoilers haven't exactly been the most accurate this year other than the Ponderosa one which shows all the players on the dock.

So it looks like Joe goes next week.  I want more Mark since we won't get a TC.   I love that she sleeps in the shelter with them, give us some footage!  I assume production is seeing to it that she is fed off camera.  

(edited)
4 hours ago, wings707 said:

So it looks like Joe goes next week.  I want more Mark since we won't get a TC.   

I am wondering if the surprise event is that Joe gets med-evaced from TC. The preview seems to show all five sitting at tribal. 

As for other forums, it's always been my feeling that it's a really bad idea to bad mouth another forum and its moderators. It's begging for squabbles and nastiness. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, azshadowwalker said:

I am wondering if the surprise event is that Joe gets med-evaced from TC.

If Joe does get med-evaced at any point from the IC on, that would render Tai's HII null and void.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, SVNBob said:

If Joe does get med-evaced at any point from the IC on, that would render Tai's HII null and void.

Ah ha!  Thanks, had not thought about this aspect of Joe being removed.  

6 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

I am wondering if the surprise event is that Joe gets med-evaced from TC. The preview seems to show all five sitting at tribal. 

I like this idea.  Maybe it really is a surprise and that is a surprise, too!

7 hours ago, SVNBob said:

But Tai still goes to the final 4 either way.

On May 6, 2016 at 1:16 PM, LadyChatts said:

They've had the family visit happen during the finale before.  I don't remember a season where they didn't have a family visit, besides BvsW and SJDS.

Samoa Fiji 

I've thought about it some more, and if Joe (or anyone for that matter) is evaced, it won't matter when it happens during the episode.  The HII is only good through the F5 TC.  They're at 5 now.  An evac will cut the numbers to 4 and thus nullify the HII.

In theory, Joe could get pulled in the teaser and Tai would lose the idol's power.

There isn't always a family visit, there isn't always a Survivor Auction, there isn't always a "chop the rope and eliminate someone" challenge, and there isn't always a gross food challenge.  All four are iconic in Survivor traditions, but so far...all seem to be missing.  And I do miss them!

I like the family visits because we sometimes learn interesting things about the players.

I like the auction, because it gives you an idea of the tribe dynamics and individual priorities.  Plus who doesn't love a good "bait-n-switch" where you watch someone pay $100s of dollars for a writhing grub or a glass of dirty water.

I like the "chop the rope" challenge, because that is often the first time players realize their actual place in the pecking order.  Usually this sparks an interesting time back at the camp and a vocal tribal council as the stinging egos flail about.

I like the gross food challenge, because, really, I'm still a fifth grader at heart.

• Love 5