Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Mind Your Own Business

• Start Topic

(edited)

I guess Moaner doing the push-ups was her defense that she didn't get a boob job.  Lame move, but she didn't need to defend herself.  She shoulda just told 'em all to fuck off & mind their own business.  I don't notice a diff, but if Moaner felt like getting her boobs done, I don't much care.  Calling her out for it?  I think that was coming from Satan Andy looking to embarrass her (by having producers prod the others to ask Moaner about it).  Nice, Satan Andy, real nice.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Oh, come on. Adam isn't some college student on par with Noel and Victoria - he's probably 30 by now. And LuAnn's statement should have read:

Look, I understand 20-somethings are nice to have around, I took one with me into the powder room at Beautique!

Well, just to play Devil's Advocate…when you meet someone and start to get to know them, don't you usually take them at face value when they share things about themselves? It's usually only after talking to them for a while that you might start to see cracks in their narrative (like, "I went to Harvard" is really "I attended for a year and flunked out"), or things not adding up. If I met a guy and he told me "I was involved with someone and it's over, but we're still friends" I wouldn't interrogate him about it. I might smile and kid, "friends or "friends with benefits?"" but that's it. Maybe I'm naive but I don't automatically assume that I'm being played every time I meet someone new. 

Was Carole really supposed to say "You know, I like you too but I'd better check with LuAnn's niece to get the scoop on whether you guys are done"? As a HW would say - who does that?

She doesn't need to do that but she also doesn't need to go on the path she's on sounding like the smug new girlfriend that thinks it's pathetic for the old girlfriend's feeling to be relevant.  It also seems like she's not even entertaining the idea that maybe just maybe there maybe something fishy with the information.

But you know what I wouldn't be surprised if she did get the true scoop from Adam or at least enough for her to get what was going on and just didn't give a fuck. Which hey it's her decision and choice but if you wanna engaged in such nasty behavior where being an asshole gets you treated like.. well.. like you're an asshole then take it like a man. I mean, her bad attitude about the whole thing like other people are wrong and stupid and pathetic because they are reacting to her selfish, rude, disrespectful and coldhearted behavior. I mean why is she surprised that she's getting negative attention.

Oh, come on. Adam isn't some college student on par with Noel and Victoria - he's probably 30 by now. And LuAnn's statement should have read:

Look, I understand 20-somethings are nice to have around, I took one with me into the powder room at Beautique!

Well, just to play Devil's Advocate…when you meet someone and start to get to know them, don't you usually take them at face value when they share things about themselves? It's usually only after talking to them for a while that you might start to see cracks in their narrative (like, "I went to Harvard" is really "I attended for a year and flunked out"), or things not adding up. If I met a guy and he told me "I was involved with someone and it's over, but we're still friends" I wouldn't interrogate him about it. I might smile and kid, "friends or "friends with benefits?"" but that's it. Maybe I'm naive but I don't automatically assume that I'm being played every time I meet someone new. 

Was Carole really supposed to say "You know, I like you too but I'd better check with LuAnn's niece to get the scoop on whether you guys are done"? As a HW would say - who does that?

I am not advocating filling the world with more distrust and suspicion, lol.  Of course you are right in saying most people just take new acquaintances at face value.  I do, too.  But dating the ex of anyone you are associated with can be tricky.  It merits extra caution.  I think for her own sake Carole should have been a little more careful because the repercussions of Adam turning out to be less than honest could hurt her relationship with Luann.  

And let's be honest - Carole is on TV.  This guy is some kind of up-and-coming young chef and he may well be looking for a little more than snuggle times from her.  He may have more motivation to mislead Carole about his relationship with Nicole than the average guy has to mislead some random woman.   All the more reason to be careful imo.

Point taken on Adam, Celia Rubenstein. I'm not saying that this whole thing doesn't merit some side-eye, but I'm admittedly old-fashioned and like to believe that people are with each other for the right reasons…not because it's a storyline or a chance for their 15 minutes. I tended to figure that if the relationship is still going on, that there's something genuine there. Of course, I could be proven wrong.

I, honestly, do not believe Sonja meant to slight Ramona. Sonja is very flighty and does not seem to be "all there" this season.

At one point Sonja had all the men around her, even Josh ("she's delusional"). She was clearly in her element, regaling them all with some tale about God knows what. Sonja really knows how to work a group of men and I think that's her target group at a gathering. None of them are going to ask her about toaster ovens, or her foreclosures - she can riff with them and have a good time. (And I can understand that.) 

Flighty's a great word for Sonja. I think she's very much in the moment and feeding her impulses. Even if she saw Ramona, she didn't want to run the risk of Ramona harshing her mellow, or being needy and glomming into her. She wanted to have FUN and be noticed and by golly, she got just that.

• Love 2
I guess Moaner doing the push-ups was her defense that she didn't get a boob job.  Lame move, but she didn't need to defend herself.  She shoulda just told 'em all to fuck off & mind their own business.

I agree. And what was up with Heather grabbing them??? I can't even imagine what kind of drugs I'd have to be on to think it would be okay to grab my friend's boobs. 

At one point Sonja had all the men around her, even Josh ("she's delusional"). She was clearly in her element, regaling them all with some tale about God knows what.

At one point it was the story of how she was named for Sonja Henie, which John oh so cleverly parlayed into talk about her "heinie". 

• Love 3
(edited)

. They all know the THs can be very misleading and even what we see during the rest of the show is edited beyond belief and does not always make sense. To be fine with her 80 -90 % of the season then again for weeks/months after filming ends says it a power play to keep her apple IMO.

Whatever the question posed or editing involved, there is nothing misleading about Carole's answer. She specifically -- and coldly -- says she doesn't care what Luann's niece feels or thinks. Her comment is not pieced together from multiple takes, it's delivered in one go; Carole said it, period. And there is no question possible, that could change that answer into something positive.  Carole can't claim she was trying to say something nice that was misleadingly presented. It's an ugly thing to say, and she has to own that. And I'm pretty sure if we were on a tv show together, Wirewrap, and I pretended to like your niece to your face -- then said something so dismissive behind your back on the show -- that would piss you off & make you feel very protective of your blood. And if I then insisted I'd barely met the girl? Things would escalate pretty quickly between us (and I would understand -- which is why I would never say such a shitty thing about someone's child or niece or nephew.) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6

OK, I only saw a few Sonja dresses on the link posted earlier, but did everyone see this AND look at everything on Sonja's site?

http://www.sonjamorgannewyork.com/

There are some great things on there.  I love the jewelry.  But the thought of anyone pre-ordering some $3,500 piece is pretty laughable.  Still think Sonja is a con-artist & a loon, but if she had anything to do with picking everything or even anything on that site, she has nice taste.

I want to know WTF is happening on the "Preview" tab.  It's like kindergartners cut pics out of a magazine.  

• Love 1

Man, that looks weird.  More "work" from her interns?  Well, when ya don't pay people . . .  or was this the work of that bitchy fashion chick?  Man, I so wanted B to dump a few dozen SkinnyGirl cocktails on that smug awful woman's head.

• Love 1

Point taken on Adam, Celia Rubenstein. I'm not saying that this whole thing doesn't merit some side-eye, but I'm admittedly old-fashioned and like to believe that people are with each other for the right reasons…not because it's a storyline or a chance for their 15 minutes. I tended to figure that if the relationship is still going on, that there's something genuine there. Of course, I could be proven wrong.

In a way, I actually hope you are right, Archer1267. I personally don't have anything against the May-December thing (although I giggle fiercely every time someone here calls Adam an "embryo"!) An old lady like me deserves some hope, ya know?  I might be inspired to go out and hook up with a twenty-something (sure, Jan!).  And Carole and Adam are still together, you're right.  But the cynic in me says "of course" he is going to stick around until the season airs, that is when he will be getting all the valuable attention.  If he leaves before then, he risks being relegated to the role of side character.  His best work left on the editing room floor, as they say. I guess we won't know until we know. And maybe not even then ...  I doubt Carole would ever admit to being played by this guy, not after she went out on a limb over him like she has. 

Maybe Luann will admit it for her, lol

At one point Sonja had all the men around her, even Josh ("she's delusional"). She was clearly in her element, regaling them all with some tale about God knows what. Sonja really knows how to work a group of men and I think that's her target group at a gathering. None of them are going to ask her about toaster ovens, or her foreclosures - she can riff with them and have a good time. (And I can understand that.)

When surrounded by a group of men, Sonja Morgan is, as Grandma Rubenstein used to say, "happier than a pig in shit."  

I think that describes the scenario on many different levels. 

Re: Sonja

This was on the today show this weekend. Reese Witherspoon has a new "lifestyle brand". Sonja should take notes. Reese actually has physical samples and is opening her own retail store.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reese-witherspoon-launches-southern-inspired-clothing-lifestyle-line/story?id=30946510

Re: Sonja

This was on the today show this weekend. Reese Witherspoon has a new "lifestyle brand". Sonja should take notes. Reese actually has physical samples and is opening her own retail store.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/reese-witherspoon-launches-southern-inspired-clothing-lifestyle-line/story?id=30946510

There is 1 major difference that we have to remember, RW has the money to do this, whereas Sonja does not and then has to go the shady/questionable/cheap route! Poor Sonja. lol

Flighty's a great word for Sonja. I think she's very much in the moment and feeding her impulses. Even if she saw Ramona, she didn't want to run the risk of Ramona harshing her mellow, or being needy and glomming into her. She wanted to have FUN and be noticed and by golly, she got just that.

Or she didn't want Ramona to steal her thunder, and get any of the guy's attention now that she is divorcing Mario. Ramona is competition for Sonja this season. LOL

Whatever the question posed or editing involved, there is nothing misleading about Carole's answer. She specifically -- and coldly -- says she doesn't care what Luann's niece feels or thinks. Her comment is not pieced together from multiple takes, it's delivered in one go; Carole said it, period. And there is no question possible, that could change that answer into something positive.  Carole can't claim she was trying to say something nice that was misleadingly presented. It's an ugly thing to say, and she has to own that. And I'm pretty sure if we were on a tv show together, Wirewrap, and I pretended to like your niece to your face -- then said something so dismissive behind your back on the show -- that would piss you off & make you feel very protective of your blood. And if I then insisted I'd barely met the girl? Things would escalate pretty quickly between us (and I would understand -- which is why I would never say such a shitty thing about someone's child or niece or nephew.) 

That comment was made in Carole's TH, which was filmed much later after the editing was done so by that point she and Adam were a real couple, so I get it, although, she could have said it in a less aggressive, marking her territory way. And we do not know what the producer said/asked her to elicit that sharp an answer so I have to wonder why she said exactly what she said, the way she said it, the same if we were on the show and you did it to me. I would know enough about producer manipulation to talk to you off camera, since filming would be over by this time and before I jumped all over you on social media. But that is me, I would rather give my friend a chance to explain things directly to me, especially if I knew there was a 3rd party (production) involved/playing games. LOL

• Love 1

I didn't get to watch this episode right away, and had read most of the comments before I did so. From what I had read, I assumed that Carole said something really heartless regarding Nicole and her feelings. It didn't come across that way to me at all. She didn't say she didn't care if she was hurt, she said she didn't really care if she was "upset". IMO when someone says they are upset with me that means they are angry. Why would Carole give two shits if this girl is mad at her?

I tend to give the TH interviews a side-eye anyway. We have zero idea what the actual question was, nor do we know when it was filmed. Heather Dubrow on the OC Tweeted out a picture this week of her doing her TH interviews for the new season, and it has already wrapped filming. Kyle on the BH show did the same thing last season after filming had wrapped. Often times they know all of the drama that will come after and their TH questions are answered with the benefit of knowing all that will come later.

• Love 1

And we do not know what the producer said/asked her to elicit that sharp an answer so I have to wonder why she said exactly what she said, the way she said it, the same if we were on the show and you did it to me. I would know enough about producer manipulation to talk to you off camera, since filming would be over by this time and before I jumped all over you on social media. But that is me, I would rather give my friend a chance to explain things directly to me, especially if I knew there was a 3rd party (production) involved/playing games. LOL

I think this is a YMMV moment! 

• Love 1

"Upset" is broader than "angry," and "hurt" falls under the umbrella of both, imo. This isn't analogous situationally, but say a husband cheats on his wife. She's upset and angry. Why? Because she's hurt. I find it personally find it improbably to the point of unbelievability that Carole would not say exactly what she meant. The statement aired in pretty full context, and, as she has been wont to remind any and everyone, she is a *writer.* She should thus be acquainted with the ideas of linguistic nuance and precision. She was also a news producer. It is not as if she is some wide-eyed neophyte to television who has no agency because she's so innocent to manipulation. All that being said, I don't exactly find LuAnn to be, like, invested with righteousness or anything since she only spontaneously decided she had a problem with the Adam-Carole liaison about thirty seconds ago, but Carole is a fifty-plus-year-old woman who is perfectly capable of articulating herself in exactly the manner she desires . . . Somewhat similarly, I find it interesting that, last week, Heather was just helpfully informing Bethenny of Kristen's disgruntlement rather than unnecessarily broaching and exaggerating a dispute that didn't really exist (and doing everything she could to perpetuate it at the cocktail party) yet, in the responses to this episode, there seems to be a suspicion that Bethenny "stirred the pot" by reporting her experience at Sonja's to Heather.

• Love 2

Can someone provide the exact transcript of Carol's talking head without the footage before or after? I don't remember thinking it was all that awful as a TH on it's own, but there seems to be a disconnect that I am completely missing based on the comments here. If you can't provide the exact transcript of just her talking head, can you point me to a link that contains the talking head even with the before and after footage?

I always find that reading the exact transcript of the talking head helps me decide whether it actually relates to the scenes before and after, or if it is simply something that was cut into the footage because it seemed to fit and made for more drama.

• Love 1

Can someone provide the exact transcript of Carol's talking head without the footage before or after? I don't remember thinking it was all that awful as a TH on it's own, but there seems to be a disconnect that I am completely missing based on the comments here. If you can't provide the exact transcript of just her talking head, can you point me to a link that contains the talking head even with the before and after footage?

I always find that reading the exact transcript of the talking head helps me decide whether it actually relates to the scenes before and after, or if it is simply something that was cut into the footage because it seemed to fit and made for more drama.

Carole's TH: "Her niece is upset. I don't care, really. I didn't do anything wrong. He didn't do anything wrong. He's a single guy. I'm a single girl.  Sometimes when boys and girls meet, and there's chemistry and they hang out, things happen."

• Love 1

Carole's TH: "Her niece is upset. I don't care, really. I didn't do anything wrong. He didn't do anything wrong. He's a single guy. I'm a single girl.  Sometimes when boys and girls meet, and there's chemistry and they hang out, things happen."

When read, nothing that Carole said was out of line IMO. It reads as if the producer said that Nicole was mad at her and how did she, Carole, feel about that. JMO though

• Love 2

Can someone provide the exact transcript of Carol's talking head without the footage before or after? 

Here is a link with the video excerpt http://stoopidhousewives.com/2015/05/05/carole-and-luannie-discuss-the-kitchen-help-rhony/  She makes the comment around the 1:20 mark.

I hope it's okay to post that link here.  I don't think SH is considered a chat board, just a gossip site.

The above statements are accurate in terms of what came out of Carole's mouth.  "Her niece is upset. I don't care. I didn't do anything wrong. He didn't do anything wrong."

To me it seems like a cut-and-dried, self-contained statement that speaks for itself regardless of what producer question led her to make it. 

• Love 4
(edited)

When read, nothing that Carole said was out of line IMO. It reads as if the producer said that Nicole was mad at her and how did she, Carole, feel about that. JMO though

It sounds out of line and bitchy to me even when read. Plus Carol referring to yourself as a girl is not a good look.

It's so funny to see posters I agree with completely on RHOBH who have the opposite views from me here, and vice versa. It's kind of fun! Well arguing over whether Chompers should be schtupping the help is more fun than analyzing Kim Richards slow destruction in general I guess.

Edited by racked
  • Love 12

Is there any indication or evidence that Adam was "less than honest" with Carole about his relationship with Nicole?

Well Nicole and Luanne say he's lying about how involved he was with Nicole. Carole and Adam say that Nicole and Luanne are lying. I don't think there's any proof one way or the other.

• Love 1
(edited)

Nicole has spoken on this? Is there a link to a story? I'm really curious about what she's said.

As for Carole's TH, I'm still of the mind that Carole owes nothing to Nicole. They aren't friends, so some perceived "girl code" doesn't exist between them.* Oh, and speaking of "girl," given that all the women on this franchise (and other franchises) say "girl" (when talking about "having the girls over" or "I invited the girl's for a girl's night" or "some of the girls have been saying..."), I don't see why it's such a problem that Carole refers to herself as a "girl" when saying "when boys and girls like each other...".

*LuAnn claiming it to be so doesn't make it true. She is the last person I'd believe. "Five Italian friends," anyone? The woman who cheated on her boyfriend on TV? The woman who cooked up a fertility storyline knowing that she was done having children? Yeah, she's the last person whose word I'd take on anything.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 9

LuAnn was 28 when she married a man not that much younger than Carol. Oh LuAnn, you embryo you. I really hate the double standard going on in this thread.

Maybe <gasp> Adam enjoys Carol's company? Why isn't that the default possibility? We haven't seen Adam hanging out with Carol with a vacant stare on his face, as we have with Sonja and her new friend. Sadly, some peoples' hatred of Carol shadow their judgment on the topic. When you get so heated about someone's possible happiness, maybe it is a good time to step back, take a breath and a break.

• Love 11

It sounds out of line and bitchy to me even when read. Plus Carol referring to yourself as a girl is not a good look.

It's so funny to see posters I agree with completely on RHOBH who have the opposite views from me here, and vice versa. It's kind of fun! Well arguing over whether Chompers should be schtupping the help is more fun than analyzing Kim Richards slow destruction in general I guess.

I couldn't really care about any of this but I think it makes Carol look like a bitch. If you're doing something that upsets someone else, even if you're not doing anything wrong, you should feel bad that they're upset. That's just human decency. It doesn't mean she should stop what she's doing but saying she doesn't care about the feelings of another person is mean. JMO but it makes her look unfeeling and I now don't like her.

She was okay before but since she doesn't care about other people, I don't care about her. If that hurts her, I don't care. I'm not doing anything wrong. LOL.

• Love 6
(edited)

Well Nicole and Luanne say he's lying about how involved he was with Nicole. Carole and Adam say that Nicole and Luanne are lying. I don't think there's any proof one way or the other.

When Carole tells LuAnn about Adam, Carole says that Adam and Nicole broke up a while ago and LuAnn agrees. Carole mentions the upcoming trip with Nicole, so Adam had told Carole. LuAnn repeatedly mentions (in previews for the season) that Adam "used to date her niece" or is her "nieces ex".

Now, months late LuAnn (or her ghost tweeter) says that Nicole and Adam were still "seeing each other". I am guessing she means they had or were having ex sex after they broke up. Do we know (assuming this is even true) that Adam kept this from Carole? I don't think there is any proof that Adam was lying to Carole or keeping things from her, and I think that LuAnn is trying to make Carole -and Adam- look bad.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 5

She was okay before but since she doesn't care about other people, I don't care about her. If that hurts her, I don't care. I'm not doing anything wrong. LOL.

See, you don't care if Carole's hurt or upset, and yet, you retain your human decency! It's possible!

• Love 6
(edited)

Is there any indication or evidence that Adam was "less than honest" with Carole about his relationship with Nicole?

Do you mean court of law evidence? Because it seems like something is up. Luanne may not be a credible witness in a court of law but this isn't a court of law. Carole's reactions are suspect and Adam just seems like there's the possibility of slithery behavior. Sooooo, I personally feel there is enough "in the air" with regards to everyone's behavior, claims, comments, implications, etc. etc. Not to mention the fact that I wasn't born yesterday, have been around the block a few times and this whole situation seems, feels, sounds and looks VEEEERRRRRYYYY familiar to me in terms of life experience. So no, we haven't boiled it down to it being Col. Mustard in the library with the candlestick, here on the boards, but my gut tells me that something just ain't on the up and up and since no one will be rooming with Apollo Nida anytime soon based on gut feelings I think it's safe to continue side eyeing the sad display of "The Widow's guide to the Concrete Jungle, Cougars in their natural habitat"  Hee... 

Edited by Sincerely Yours
  • Love 1

Do you mean court of law evidence? Because it seems like something is up. Luanne may not be a credible witness in a court of law but this isn't a court of law. Carole's reactions are suspect and Adam just seems like there's the possibility of slithery behavior. Sooooo, I personally feel there is enough "in the air" with regards to everyone's behavior, claims, comments, implications, etc. etc. Not to mention the fact that I wasn't born yesterday, have been around the block a few times and this whole situation seems, feels, sounds and looks VEEEERRRRRYYYY familiar to me in terms of life experience. So no, we haven't boiled it down to it being Col. Mustard in the library with the candlestick, here on the boards, but my gut tells me that something just ain't on the up and up and since no one will be rooming with Apollo Nida anytime soon based on gut feelings I think it's safe to say continue side eyeing the sad display of "The Widow's guide to the Concrete Jungle, Cougars in their natural habitat"  Hee...

So, the answer is no. That's what I thought!

• Love 2
(edited)

I couldn't really care about any of this but I think it makes Carol look like a bitch. If you're doing something that upsets someone else, even if you're not doing anything wrong, you should feel bad that they're upset. That's just human decency. It doesn't mean she should stop what she's doing but saying she doesn't care about the feelings of another person is mean. JMO but it makes her look unfeeling and I now don't like her.

See I like this approach. It's just mean to declare that someone else's feeling don't matter to you. Simple.

So, the answer is no. That's what I thought!

Does this prove something? Has someone rested their case. Closing arguments over? That's gonna be rough since there's still a whole season to come and I'm pretty sure this with still be a part of the storyline. However I wouldn't mind shifting the conversation to how desperately Carole needs to take those chattering teeth out of her mouth finally. I mean how long does she plan on keeping that gag going?  Show us your real teeth already Carole.  LOL!

Does this prove something? Has someone rested their case. Closing arguments over? That's gonna be rough since there's still a whole season to come and I'm pretty sure this with still be a part of the storyline.

No trial, just a question. No need to badger the witness.

• Love 1
If you're doing something that upsets someone else, even if you're not doing anything wrong, you should feel bad that they're upset.

Yes but…someone is ALWAYS hurt when an ex moves on, when a divorce happens, etc. That's just the nature of things and Adam was bound to move on at some point and Nicole would be hurt regardless. Does that mean that people shouldn't progress with new relationships, because their exes will be hurt?

It's just a personal beef of mine but I HATE when two women get into it over a guy who's done someone wrong (or allegedly done someone wrong, in this case), rather than focus on the offender. A perfect example is Brandi and LeeAnn Rimes throwing shade at each other all the time over Twitter, while Eddie - Brandi's ex and the guy who cheated on her - manages to elude any blowback. The onus is really on Adam, not Carole, to consider Nicole's feelings.  

I re-watched the second episode and during her party, LuAnn says "I'll go in and check on the guys" (i.e. Noel and Adam). She clearly sees Carole hanging out with them, helping out and laughs in her TH that Carole doesn't even have a kitchen. I don't know if LuAnn didn't think twice about it because she figured that it was harmless and no way would Carole go on a date with the help, but I think that if she picked up on the flirting and had a problem with it, she would have pulled Carole aside back then and said something.

(I know I seem like a Carole apologist but I think both women carry some blame here.)

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes but…someone is ALWAYS hurt when an ex moves on, when a divorce happens, etc. That's just the nature of things and Adam was bound to move on at some point and Nicole would be hurt regardless. Does that mean that people shouldn't progress with new relationships, because their exes will be hurt?

It's just a personal beef of mine but I HATE when two women get into it over a guy who's done someone wrong (or allegedly done someone wrong, in this case), rather than focus on the offender. A perfect example is Brandi and LeeAnn Rimes throwing shade at each other all the time over Twitter, while Eddie - Brandi's ex and the guy who cheated on her - manages to elude any blowback. The onus is really on Adam, not Carole, to consider Nicole's feelings.  

I re-watched the second episode and during her party, LuAnn says "I'll go in and check on the guys" (i.e. Noel and Adam). She clearly sees Carole hanging out with them, helping out and laughs in her TH that Carole doesn't even have a kitchen. I don't know if LuAnn didn't think twice about it because she figured that it was harmless and no way would Carole go on a date with the help, but I think that if she picked up on the flirting and had a problem with it, she would have pulled Carole aside back then and said something.

(I know I seem like a Carole apologist but I think both women carry some blame here.)

I think hurt feelings don't follow rules decided by the mind. And excluding ANYONE from the equation when it comes to feelings is pretty futile. Hey I'm all about Adam being held accountable but we don't see Adam making public comments dismissing someone else's feelings. Carole did that. No one thinks Carole needs to crawl in a corner and die........ Well who knows, maybe there is but Carole recklessly, rudely and thoughtlessly conveying how she clearly isn't worried about someone else's feelings? I mean we all pace, gage, our behavior, our reactions or emotional rationale on a certain humane scale. Carole did the immature thing and responded to something that is in fact relevant with elementary school methods. Basically her response seems to be along the lines of Whaaaat-Evvvaaaaa and Annnnyyyyywaaayyy. Not to mention her Cheshire cat smile over it all. I mean I don't get the need to be so "It's not that serious" about it when yes Carole someone else's hurt feelings over a relationship is nothing to roll your eyes about and I think that's what the big problem. Her dismissiveness and the motivation behind that dismissiveness. It's all so that she doesn't have to feel bad about her part in an unfortunate situation that could have easily been moved on from but since she chose to be less than gracious about the whole thing she's given more life to it than it needed. I'm also not gonna ignore that I think she fueled some of this fire herself on purpose because of her weird sense of importance and humor so I'm not feeling bad about how she's getting taken to task. She's got a real immaturity going on underneath those set of chompers and it's an even worse look that those Ivory tusks of hers.

• Love 1

I used to love Carol. I just can't with her right now...She is acting too much like a character in a book. Perhaps the previously mentioned one? "the Cougars guide"? Maybe her next book.   Additionally, at 50 something  one would hope for some distance from these types of emotional dramas. I mean how juvenile. I personally would be embarrassed. This isn't age shaming I am Carol's contemporary. I am engaged to a younger man. Carol isn't exactly the typical woman of any age. She has money , fame and connections. With age comes wisdom...Carol for all her witty repartee isn't showing much.

• Love 3

I am placing the blame of all this shitfest where IMO needs to be , at Adam's feet

Adam who was willing to sign a disclosure form so his face would show up in the show, he obviously had an agenda.

Adam who probably had a relationship of "friends with benefits" with Nicole and who used her when he wanted, even going as far as to use Nicole's connection to further his career, used her aunt to gain entry on the show. He led this young woman to believe that a relationship was still possible, if he would had been completely honest I have no doubt that Luann would had never taken any interest in helping him showcase his cooking skills.

Adam who probably lied to Carole and told her that the relationship was only of good friends and nothing more when he knew that the "benefits" part of the friendship was not convenient to tell. Was Carole naive to believe this? I believe so, was she uncaring when she made the comment that she didn't care about Nicole's feelings? I believe so, she could have handled this so much better

Adam who is probably laughing at these two dumb ladies making a big fuss out of this ordeal and who is loving every minute of it because it gives her infinitely more exposure that he first imagined. Adam could easily end up all this mess by posting on some of his personal social media his version of the story, he could clarify what Luann has alluded as "they were still seeing each other", he could apologize to Nicole if in any way he misled her and how he will always appreciate her friendship, he could also do some damage control to Carole's image by revealing how neither intended to hurt anybody with their relationship, he could do many things but he won't, he won't because deep inside he is loving this mess. That in itself tells me more about the kind of person Adam is and if I was Nicole or Carole I wouldn't want any part of this.

Luann is hurt because unintentionally she hurt her niece , that I can understand and sympathize, now it is time for her to drop it and stop giving that idiot more exposure.

• Love 5

I can't wait for tonight's episode if for no other reason than it will give these two hens something new to Tweet about. Hopefully. 

Additionally, at 50 something one would hope for some distance from these types of emotional dramas.

In less than one week the Countess will be 50, so she's included :) 

• Love 3

I can't wait for tonight's episode if for no other reason than it will give these two hens something new to Tweet about. Hopefully. 

In less than one week the Countess will be 50, so she's included :) 

Agreed the Countess is for sure going overboard. This is a fairly consistent reaction from her though? I mean whenever one of the ladies as come for her children the claws have come out. She loves her niece. Her behavior is over the top for sure but driven by maternal instinct? What's Carol's motivation here?

So here is what I am confused about. Other than the fact that none of this was an issue for Lu until a few weeks ago, do we actually know where Nicole stands on it? I mean I keep reading posts about "friends with benefits" and that Adam  used Nicole and lied to Carol. But, other than Lu throwing that out there on Twitter has either Adam or Nicole said a single word about any of this?

• Love 3

Sadly, some peoples' hatred of Carol shadow their judgment on the topic. When you get so heated about someone's possible happiness, maybe it is a good time to step back, take a breath and a break.

You might not want to visit the Beverly Hills forum then. LOL.

Adam who was willing to sign a disclosure form so his face would show up in the show, he obviously had an agenda.

I don't know if Adam had an agenda or not but whatever is going on, 3 weeks ago his Twitter and Instagram accounts had about 3 followers.  Since then, he's got thousands.  (4,912 on IG. 1,122 Twitter)

The layout of his Instagram and quality of pictures has improved tenfold. Slick. So he's getting more from the relationship than just emotional fulfillment, blowies and part time ownership of a really cute dog. 

• Love 3

So here is what I am confused about. Other than the fact that none of this was an issue for Lu until a few weeks ago, do we actually know where Nicole stands on it? I mean I keep reading posts about "friends with benefits" and that Adam  used Nicole and lied to Carol. But, other than Lu throwing that out there on Twitter has either Adam or Nicole said a single word about any of this?

Nope. I don't think we have heard "boo" from either of them about this.

The thing to me is that the conversation that Lu and Carole had with each other was very adult. They both talked and listened to each other. No one was mad and no one was defensive. Both agreed that Adam and Nichole had broken up a while ago. Carole was not heartless at all during that conversation. If Lu had said something like "Nicole is exremely hurt about this whole deal" and Carole would have said "I don't really care if she is upset" in response to Lu in that moment, that would have seemed heartless to me. That converation didn't take place. It ended with Lu trying to reassure Carole that "they would work it all out". From all that we have seen, Carole has done nothing that would cause Lu to be angry with her in any way at the time of these episodes. Lu is nothing if not direct and I cannot imagine that she wouln't have told Carole that she was angry, or asked her to stop seeing Adam for the benefit of her niece. She doesn't hold back on saying what she thinks. Ever. We saw none of this, so as far as I can see, Lu is the nutter in this instance. Clearly there could be much more, but we can only judge what we are seeing based on what we currently know.

• Love 7

I feel the same way. I don't think Carole necessarily owes anything to Nicole (although, I would be curious to know more about how much they hung out), but it's fairly normal to feel bad when someone is hurting, even if you don't think you're wrong. I might have said something more like - "That's really unfortunate that she is hurt. I certainly didn't mean to hurt her and I do feel badly about that. But Adam and I just really hit it off and I don't see anything wrong with us dating."

• Love 3

Adam's IG count was up there before this whole Twitter stuff. The Twitter thing, yeah. He just joined so...

Something tells me that Nicole, a pretty, young, talented artist in NYC, has long since moved on, and that she's not getting all in her feelings about this (certainly not in the way that LuAnn is behaving as though she's the jilted lover). 

• Love 4
Her behavior is over the top for sure but driven by maternal instinct? What's Carol's motivation here?

In a new wrinkle, LuAnn is saying Carole doesn't understand why LuAnn's creeped out about her hanging out with 20somethings when her own children are 20ish...because Carole never had children. Oooh, low blow. (I've heard comments before about Carole's child-free state and considering that her husband had testicular cancer and children were off the table, think it's cruel to go there.) LuAnn's contradicting herself because she said earlier that she didn't have an issue with the age difference, and we've seen LuAnn getting very cozy with Erik, who is clearly young himself. I think now, she's just flinging stuff at the wall to see what sticks. It's such a stark contrast to earlier seasons, when she was the doyenne of etiquette. The Countess of Seasons 1-3 would never have abased herself to flinging mud on social media. It's hilarious, really. 

I don't know what Carole's motivation is to keep engaging. Maybe she's letting herself getting egged on by her followers, maybe she finds it entertaining, maybe it really IS part of a larger plan to boost ratings.

• Love 4

So here is what I am confused about. Other than the fact that none of this was an issue for Lu until a few weeks ago, do we actually know where Nicole stands on it?

No.  Nicole keeping quiet shows me that she is far more mature than the other two half-centurions in this equation.   If Nicole wants an apple next season, though, she's going to have to step up her drama game sooner or later.  Maybe she'll call in tonight when Auntie Lu is on WWHL.

• Love 5

I feel the same way. I don't think Carole necessarily owes anything to Nicole (although, I would be curious to know more about how much they hung out), but it's fairly normal to feel bad when someone is hurting, even if you don't think you're wrong. I might have said something more like - "That's really unfortunate that she is hurt. I certainly didn't mean to hurt her and I do feel badly about that. But Adam and I just really hit it off and I don't see anything wrong with us dating."

Exactly. You almost have to go out of your way to be as bitchy as Carole was, because (If nothing else) just being friggin' polite will default you into a version of "So sorry she's upset, we're not doing anything wrong, still, hope she's okay."  And when the man you're dating was an actual boy fourteen years ago, when you were almost forty, might be wise to keep the me-so-girlish! shit at bay. Be a grown-ass woman, own the age difference-- glory in it, if you want  -- but pretending to be a girl is predatory and unsettling. Makes the whole affair stink of her unresolved issues.

• Love 4

Well, let's hope anyway.

I'm so late to the party but what the hell. I really like Carole - she's the one I could actually see being friends with in real life and I find her to be quite beautiful actually, but her handling of this kind of bums me out. I don't really even care what happened or when, but I think it's always worth it to handle sticky situations and hurt feelings with more grace than you feel you are even required to show. Particularly because this girl is younger than her and not a stranger, I feel like - why not give a little more? Sure, you don't need to, but it's the right thing to do IMO. Carole has a great life and a fun, new relationship, why not show a little more compassion? The "I don't care" was too much for me. I don't need her to dwell on it or feel badly about being in a relationship with this guy, but it would have been nice to just hear her say she's sorry the girl's feelings are hurt and she's been there. Anything. I'm hoping we'll hear something like that from her in the coming episodes, because I really think she's smarter than this and I'm not willing to believe that she's a total bitch. You know what they say - Karma's only a bitch if you are. Don't be a bitch, Carole. Come on, girl!

• Love 6
(edited)

But again--Carole went to LuAnn not too long after she found out about what LuAnn did. It bothered her and she brought it up with LuAnn. She didn't wait until after filming had wrapped, all the while being buddy-buddy with her after the fact, wait for the show to air, and then dig into LuAnn's behind on social media about the dress. 

To me, there's a stark difference. 

Not to mention that at this point, Carole barely knew Luann.  They had a very tenuous "friendship", IMO.  

I don't know, I just don't see why the sudden outrage over Carole dating Adam.  As others have pointed out, it wasn't until AFTER the season started airing that Luann started coming after Carole.  Add to the fact that she keeps mixing up why she's so upset...first it's because Carole is supposedly so close to Luann's niece, next it's because Adam is the "help", no wait Adam is "family", nope he's back to the "help"...I mean, no wonder people think someone else is writing her blog and/or tweets.  Whoever it is can't keep their story straight.

Edited by slitz
  • Love 4

I am placing the blame of all this shitfest where IMO needs to be , at Adam's feet

Not me.

Adam is responsible for his own actions but he is not responsible for how two grown ass women react to it.

Both Luann and Carole are behaving shamefully over this basic man/boy/whatever they address him.

It is a shame that these three have taken over 90% of this discussion. If the speculation that is a ruse by either or both, then I must give credit where credit is due. Well played ladies.

• Love 2
(edited)

So here is what I am confused about. Other than the fact that none of this was an issue for Lu until a few weeks ago, do we actually know where Nicole stands on it? I mean I keep reading posts about "friends with benefits" and that Adam used Nicole and lied to Carol. But, other than Lu throwing that out there on Twitter has either Adam or Nicole said a single word about any of this?

Speaking as to why Luanne is upset now. It could have less to do with the act and more to do with Carole's general attitude about the act. When they filmed the episode Luanne knew Carole was seeing Adam. She obviously thought the relationship was distasteful in a number of levels, but wasn't completly upset. In real time Luanne has watched the episode (and possibly rough cuts with footage we don't see) and has seen Carole's somewhat dismissive and smirky attitude about the whole thing. From Luanne's perspective it may be less about Carole dating Nicole's ex BF/former fuck buddy/current whatever and more about seeing the glee with which she leaped into it. It may seem silly because it doesn't change any of the facts about the situation, but Luanne may be more upset about feeling that Carole parlayed this situation into a story line for the show that paints Nicole as pathetic and Carole as too cool to care.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 8