Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural When....

• Start Topic

BTW, my Sammy is a large (nearly twice the size of my other cat!) fluffy, long-haired Siamese with blue/green eyes and ENORMOUS feet (6 toes on each foot) whose "real" (though not "official") name is Sasquatch.  So yeah, maybe I *do* watch too much SPN.  (My other cat is smaller, quicker, much more playful and bullies Sammy; but I got her before I started watching SPN so she's Molly, not Deanna.)  

• Love 1

When I got Sammy, the clerk at the Humane Society refused to put "Sasquatch" as his name, so I added the Sammy; he is officially "Sammy-Sasquatch."  His original name, I think, was Merlin.   

• Love 2

A very good friend of mine became a US citizen 5 years ago; he's originally from Pakistan, and Muslim.  He sent me a text this morning (regarding the election) that read "We didn't succeed but we tried.  Let's hope we all work together for the betterment of all.  I still have hope in this country."

All I could think of was, "What show you been watching?"

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Watching Hellboy and the beginning deals with the Thule Society.  Made me think of spn especially since it was a focus of last week's episode 

I had no idea, time for a rewatch!

• Love 1

Me neither.  It's been so long since I watched the movie from the start. I remembered it dealing with Rasputin but, had no idea about the Thule. It's only a little part of the beginning, giving the backstory of Hellboy and the Professor.

Edited by Morrigan2575
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, ahrtee said:

BTW, my Sammy is a large (nearly twice the size of my other cat!) fluffy, long-haired Siamese with blue/green eyes and ENORMOUS feet (6 toes on each foot) whose "real" (though not "official") name is Sasquatch.  So yeah, maybe I *do* watch too much SPN.  (My other cat is smaller, quicker, much more playful and bullies Sammy; but I got her before I started watching SPN so she's Molly, not Deanna.)  

My Mom told me that six toed cats were very lucky! So maybe you have a real "supernatural" Sammy! Do you ever call him Moose?

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

My Mom told me that six toed cats were very lucky! So maybe you have a real "supernatural" Sammy! Do you ever call him Moose?

He's never been Moose, but I did have a snowshoe Siamese before him whose nickname was Squirrel (his name was Rocky, and he became  Rocky the flying squirrel!)

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

...you're watching Arrow and think a motel room was straight out of Supernatural

I love checking out the motel rooms the guys stay in! We went camping once in Maine when a hurricane came through. We rented a room at "Jim's Oak Leaf Motel", that had lamps made of coke bottles and rented rooms by the hour! Always reminded me of where our Boys stay.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Diane said:

Matt (my son who got me started on this wonderful show) while doing our re-watch together, we loved watching for the room dividers.  They were great and so unique.

That's one of the most fun parts of the show, along with figuring out what the room numbers mean!

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

That's one of the most fun parts of the show, along with figuring out what the room numbers mean!

I know, one of our favorite parts and one I miss the most with MOL bunker.  I miss the crazy motel rooms. Don't get me wrong I love that Dean has his own space, but the motel rooms were so much fun.

On 11/16/2016 at 5:43 AM, Demented Daisy said:

During The Flash last night, Joe said that Wally had been having dreams about saving people....  *dramatic pause*  So, of course, I had to finish the quote.

HA! I did the exact same thing. Tis' ingrained in my brain. :)

• Love 2

Heh heh...so I got a fitness device because I lost my old one.  And this one lets me set a nickname for it.  So, on a whim, I chose Sam.  Then I log into my new account, and the first thing displayed (in large letters) is: Congratulations on your new Sam!

Lol!  I wish.  Sure made my day though. :D

• Love 3

I was watching the interview with Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the Tonight Show, and he was talking about owning a farm (in upstate NY?). He told Jimmy Fallon that he had several animals on it including an alpaca. To which I would reply (again): "well, they are the greenest animals". LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

I was watching the interview with Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the Tonight Show, and he was talking about owning a farm (in upstate NY?). He told Jimmy Fallon that he had several animals on it including an alpaca. To which I would reply (again): "well, they are the greenest animals". LOL

I seriously say this EVERY time I see an alpaca. Not a word of a lie.LOL

...when you are watching Legends of Tomorrow and they are fighting the enemy inside a helipad circle and all you can think is, "That should totally be a devil's trap".

• Love 2
11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

...when you are watching Legends of Tomorrow and they are fighting the enemy inside a helipad circle and all you can think is, "That should totally be a devil's trap".

... and when Oliver and Barry are sitting at a bar, having a drink, you wait for Sam and Dean to (nonchalantly) sit down next to them, glance over, and give them the "hey" head nod.  Even though you know it'll never happen.

• Love 2

...you see a Tweet wherein the author uses the phrase

"...proving the soul evacuates the body through the eyes..."

and you think so THAT'S why they had demons go through the eyes when we first saw them in Phantom Traveler and why they had black eyes and then lament the loss of that cool lore.

• Love 1

You've used the phrase "he's a jackass and a lunatic" all week to describe various people, one of them repeatedly.

You are doing something, finish it successfully, and "Circle gets the square!" pops into your head.  It takes you several minutes to realize where the quote's from, then think to yourself "Of course it's from Supernatural, you should just assume any random quote that pops into your head is from Supernatural."  (I do remember the show though!)

You're at brunch, your server's name is Emmanuel (unfortunately not THAT one), on the sound system you hear "Africa" but not Asia (because this station sucks), and then "We Built This City" plays (they're terrible and hard to kill).

• Love 3

...you're at Target and see a guy wearing a uniform shirt that reads "CAS" and you do a double take and then remind yourself "That is not Castiel. He is not real".

...you are at the same Target and see a stand of Funko POP dolls and are sorely disappointed when none are Supernatural characters :(

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

...you are having a Twitter chat with someone about Dark Side of the Moon and you have to remind yourself it's Pink Floyd's DSoTM not Supernatural's and that the other person you are chatting with will NOT understand if you make a reference to "I wuv hugs", Flagstaff, or Walt and Roy. 

• Love 2

You watch 30 minutes of some awful Hallmark Christmas movie (Sleigh Bells Ring), because you can't figure out why you know the lead actress (Erin Cahill).  Then it hits you: it's Elizabeth from Malleus Maleficarum. But now you're kind of invested in the plot and watch the whole stupid thing.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, sarthaz said:

You watch 30 minutes of some awful Hallmark Christmas movie (Sleigh Bells Ring), because you can't figure out why you know the lead actress (Erin Cahill).  Then it hits you: it's Elizabeth from Malleus Maleficarum. But now you're kind of invested in the plot and watch the whole stupid thing.

The pain is real.

• Love 2

The thing that comes to mind after losing so many people this year. 

Thank you Catrox14. I thought I had to use a code or something to post a video. I never tried the easiest, most direct way. 

Edited by Commando Cody
Catrox14 told me how to post a video.
  • Love 2

... When you read an article about a newgene editing technology referred  to as CRISPR /Cas9 and you wonder will this result in humans having the ability to hear  angel radio, to teleport and to have no concept of personal  space.

• Love 4

...when you are watching "Happy Valley" and there is a children's classroom with a sign that reads "This is SquirrelsClassroom" and you start thinking about Dean as an elementary school teacher (not P.E. teacher) and then want an episode with the boys posing as teachers to find a monster in the school. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

... you go to post about an episode you just watched and realize the last two posts in the thread were from the last two times you watched it.

Do you ever go into a thread and read a post and think, "wow, someone else said exactly what I was thinking," only to realize it was a previous post of yours? Yeah, that's usually a moment when I realize I've watched too much Supernatural! ;)

• Love 4

You get ridiculously excited whenever the trailer for Matthew McConaughey's new movie comes on the screen, even though you have zero interest in the movie itself. ("Renegade" FTW!)