Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural When....

• Start Topic

I would think the same!

Sooooo, I say okie dokie a lot (like a LOT) and I always laugh inside ("I like him, he says okie dokie")

We watch Too much Supernatural.... My hubby and I always use the phrase "cause that's what gravity does" whenever appropriate and "livin the dream". I know there's more I can't think of!

I'm convinced half of the things I say are derived from some geeky show I watch too much of, lol

• Love 3

... You're listening to the radio with hubby and hear at least one song (usually more) where you say... "Oh, that song was on my show. * It was the scene where..."

* Hubby calls it the show with "my boys." If I say I'm commandeering the TV for the night he asks "Oh, are Your Boys on tonight?"

• Love 5

Sooooo, I say okie dokie a lot (like a LOT) and I always laugh inside ("I like him, he says okie dokie")

OMG! I literally do the same thing. I even said that out loud to someone who said "Okie dokie" once and she looked at me like I had three heads. 

• Love 2

Sadly my usage of "okie dokie" far predates Supernatural--I'm pretty sure it's probably one of those Flanderisms I picked up back in the early '90s--but it gets a smile from me anyway.

I use "but I don't wanna be a clue" a lot and people look at me like I'm totally crazy. Also, "shut your mouth, heathen" gets a bit of wear from me too.

• Love 4

Sadly my usage of "okie dokie" far predates Supernatural--I'm pretty sure it's probably one of those Flanderisms I picked up back in the early '90s--but it gets a smile from me anyway.

I use "but I don't wanna be a clue" a lot and people look at me like I'm totally crazy. Also, "shut your mouth, heathen" gets a bit of wear from me too.

Same with me and "okie dokie", DittyDotDot, except for some reason, I now even sometimes modify it to "Okie madokey." Don't know why: I'm weird.

Heh - and my "But I don't wanna be a <fill in the blank>" also pre-dates Supernatural, and is said with a Jerry Seinfeld voice. (Jerry didn't want to be a pirate, a cowboy, and I think one other thing I now can't recall throughout the course of the series.)

I need to use "because that's what gravity does" more often, GirlyGeek. I think I also need to use "Should I honk?" more often as well.

Surprisingly, the one I use most often at present is "I lost my <fill in the blank>" ::puppy dog face:: Usually after me looking around for something and getting all saddish and hubby asks in a kind but very tired-ish way "Now what?"

• Love 1

This morning, I went into crisis mode when I glanced in the rearview and realized I had these weird tufts/cowlicks of hair around my ears, aka Total Sam Hair (!!!!), and was also wearing a plaid button down as my "jacket." LE. SIGH.

Okie Dokie is OLD. In fact, I think it's just the ~cool~ version of Okie Dokie Artichokie. :P

This thread is making me smile. Now I'm gonna pay close attention to all the things I say that are direct from my tv shows!

I definitely watch too much SPN, because I had to practically hum/sing Bad Moon Rising when watching the season 1 finale on TNT today and some other dreck was playing instead of it!! Ugh

• Love 2
(edited)

You're working on remodeling the home you just moved into and, while looking at kitchen cabinetry, realize that the design you like is called "Winchester".  Stop looking at other cabinets because, you know, it's kismet.

ETA  Also, trying to figure out a way to make your car's vanity plates read "Assbutt".  

ETA 2  While driving around, listening to the local classic rock station, I mentioned to my hubby that they need to switch the station name from The Fox to SPN Radio.

Edited by Demented Daisy
  • Love 5
(edited)

When you hear "Eye of the Tiger" or "Carry On Wayward Son" and you think of scenes from SPN.  I remember when I just thought of Kansas but now it scenes from Supernatural.

ETA:  When you see the name Jensen and wondered why they Stole Jensen Ackles name...or you've never seen the name before this show, that you remembered anyway.  :)

Edited by 7kstar
  • Love 4

When you get excited when you check in someone from Hibbing, MN or Lawrence, Kansas (happened the other night).

QFT. A couple years back I spent a few days or a week driving through Kansas and really really wanted to veer out of the way to make a stop in Lawrence, just for its SPN fame. But of course, I couldn't tell anyone else on the drive the truth about why I wanted to make that stop -- because it's one thing to know that you're a huge dork and another to go on and openly admit it! -- so I couldn't make a convincing argument for taking the extra day to see what they thought of as just some little college town where nothing happens. We ended up not going. So, seeing Lawrence is still on my bucket list, not gonna lie :P.

Between SPN and Smallville, Kansas as a whole has reached epic status in my head. I think of it like other people probably think of France or Italy :P. But to be honest, it is gorgeous out there. And utterly exotic. SO MUCH PRAIRIE. So few people. And ime, Eastern Kansas is as far west as you can go and still get good fried chicken, which in and of itself makes me love it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I cut my hand in about the same place Sam did in Meet the New Boss and everytime I change the bandage I think of him pushing on it and have to laugh.

Edited by dcmjdc2
  • Love 3

I burned my thumb twice on the oven and it was 2/3 of the way to the MoC. I still have the top part LOL. And everytime I look at it...I think...well, shit...

• Love 1

I burned my thumb twice on the oven and it was 2/3 of the way to the MoC. I still have the top part LOL. And everytime I look at it...I think...well, shit...

I think we officially need professional help. Too funny!

• Love 2

SueB posted this in the episode thread:

- I liked when Dean told Sam to answer the damn phone. The jig was up and Dean was so done.

And I really wanted to ask if the news was out and they finally found him, those renegades.  ;-)

• Love 9

I watch Supernatural way too much, and I blame GF for this one! One example, as everyone here has been priceless I feel I must share as well. I'm watching Supernatural in another tab, while commenting on a Supernatural forum I just joined because I like it so much. :-) We have watched "Yellow Fever" about 5 times, oh and we only started series a month or so ago! So happy to watch every episode from the beginning til the end, rich characters and an unwillingness to conform is rare in 1 hour shows nowadays. Everyone who commented, you are all awesome! Thanks for making me like the show a bit more.

• Love 5

ETA  Also, trying to figure out a way to make your car's vanity plates read "Assbutt".  

My sister is also a fan and was trying to figure out how to get a SPN license plate (to go with her Arrow and Flash bumper stickers for the CW trifecta).  I told her she couldn't use "assbutt" because I was working on it.  My father, completely oblivious, asked why I would want something so horrible.  So I showed him the clip.  He replied with "Try 4556utt."  

My crazy family.  :-)

• Love 3

I've pretty much stopped watching new Supernatural, but it's still affecting how I watch other TV shows. I've started referring to Barry and Cisco on The Flash as my boys, what with the murdered mom and the crying and the them dying three times this season.

I've pretty much stopped watching new Supernatural, but it's still affecting how I watch other TV shows. I've started referring to Barry and Cisco on The Flash as my boys, what with the murdered mom and the crying and the them dying three times this season.

EXCELLENT ICON!

(edited)

Nationwide Insurance started rerunning their commercial with the giant baby.  In the brief scene with the car, I think they should have used used a 67 Impala.  

I noticed that today is Robert Steinhardt's birthday.  He played violin in the band Kansas.  I remember him mostly for "Dust In The Wind".  I read a little bit about him.  He was born in Illinois but he actually grew up in Lawrence, Kansas.

Edited by CommanderCody

My sister is also a fan and was trying to figure out how to get a SPN license plate (to go with her Arrow and Flash bumper stickers for the CW trifecta).  I told her she couldn't use "assbutt" because I was working on it.  My father, completely oblivious, asked why I would want something so horrible.  So I showed him the clip.  He replied with "Try 4556utt."  

My crazy family.  :-)

So, Demented really is your family name? Who knew?

Tell your Dad he's got a lot of fans here now!

• Love 1

Give us a hint on business type. We are a creative crew.

I started a little business where I assist people when they get too busy or are otherwise unable to perform some common household chores. I also run errands for them and will pick up and deliver groceries or take out food. 

When you are watching Sleepy Hollow and all you can think is dammit Ichabod call the Winchesters!!!.  I would pay all the money to see Dean and Ichabod Crane work together.  I just need that in my life.

• Love 3