Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural When....

• Start Topic

You see this Jeopardy clue in “Name Meanings” category:

Do not fear the ‘Reaper’, from which the first name of this “Creed” actress is derived:

tessa-thompson-confirms-men-in-black-spi

And your first thought is:

4B9584D9-0F8E-4639-9C2D-23B0D365B207.thumb.jpeg.0005c06d03c328d40b0eb97a8bdec24d.jpeg

So that’s where her name came from!

• Love 2

....you're watching Black Lightning and you shout "Holy shit, that's Dean Winchester's gun!!!" and take a picture of the screen to post it here..lol. this also triggered my brain to ponder a SuperLightning crossover.

IMG_20190310_194037.jpg

• Love 2

You're watching a stupid vampire show and the people keep trying to shoot them. Of course, the vampires keep coming, so I yell to the screen "You have to cut their heads off". I don't think they heard me. LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

You're setting up your WiFi and see there is someone nearby whose network is named 'I like pie' and you think....Dean? And try to figure out which neighbor it might be and are they a candidate for this thread....

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Last week my boss said carry on.  And I waited for him to add on "my wayward son" or daughter, I guess, as it would be a bit weird for him to call me son. OK, it would be a bit weird for him to call me daughter, too.  But, he didn't say either.

• LOL 4

...you're driving to work and Wayward Son comes on the radio, and even though you hate what the show has become, you find yourself with a lump in your throat when you realize you're only going to see that opening montage one more more time. 😢

• Love 6
22 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

...you're driving to work and Wayward Son comes on the radio, and even though you hate what the show has become, you find yourself with a lump in your throat when you realize you're only going to see that opening montage one more more time. 😢

I could actually see them ending the finale with the song as well - "peace when you are done". Certainly would be appropriate, assuming they find some peace. 😉

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I could actually see them ending the finale with the song as well - "peace when you are done". Certainly would be appropriate, assuming they find some peace. 😉

Kansas is lobbying for Dust In The Wind.

:)

• Love 6
22 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Kansas is lobbying for Dust In The Wind.

🙂

Another great choice. Who knows, "Blaze of Glory". 😞 Many options available. There just better be some great music - not the stuff they're playing in the background now!!!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Another great choice. Who knows, "Blaze of Glory". 😞 Many options available. There just better be some great music - not the stuff they're playing in the background now!!!

I just love how Kansas has embraced their connection to the show and always treated Wayward Son being the unofficial theme song, like an honor, not a joke. I'd honestly love to see them get the bookend like that. 

Totally agree on the hope for great music, period.

• Love 6

I love Dust in the Wind but wouldn't like it for the finale--it's too much like negating all that the boys have accomplished in 15 years.  I'd rather have "peace when you're done" than the thought that nothing you've accomplished really matters in the long run.  😧  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

You are in the grocery store and happen to see tofu, and of course you think of Dean's "Wow this tofu burger is delicious!", only to have the real bacon cheeseburger taken away, and the look of loss on his face.

PS: This is the very last entry in the alphabetical listing that I had to go through to find this thread. This current system is a mess!!!! They should have left it with previous seasons separated. That never stopped me from visiting them.

Edited by FlickChick
Typo!
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That sincerely makes me want to slap the smug off her face. LOL.

I never liked the first Meg.  Scarecrow is one of my favorite episodes - except for the Meg story.  I used to forget she was even in the episode until it came around and I realized she was in it. 

• Love 2

I was cleaning today and a movie came on the cable TV, which I wasn't really watching until I realized there was an invisible monster only cannibals could see. After the "WTF is on" moment was over, I spent the rest of the time thinking, "Just torch the sucker. Don't you idiots watch Supernatural. Sheesh." It's fun hearing Dean's voice in your head, yelling, "Torch that SOB!" He was doing a lot of eyerolling as well. 

FYI, they weren't really cannibals but were tricked into eating it which is in the synopsis on cable. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

You see this article and the first thing that comes to mind is, "he must be a Supernatural fan!"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/girlfriend-sends-mans-1967-chevy-impala-project-to-junkyard-while-hes-traveling/ar-BB14J3x6?li=BBnb7Kz 

(And then you think how Dean would have reacted...)

ETA:  I just looked up the original Reddit post (link in article) and there were so many comments about SPN and Baby, so I'm obviously not the only one!

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3

No spoilers, please.  I'm barely into season 1.

I started watching 'Smallville'.  I've never watched it before.  Anyway.  A guy walks into a baby's nursery and it reminded me of the scene in the 'Supernatural' pilot.  

19 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

No spoilers, please.  I'm barely into season 1.

I started watching 'Smallville'.  I've never watched it before.  Anyway.  A guy walks into a baby's nursery and it reminded me of the scene in the 'Supernatural' pilot.  

I watched "Smallville" from the first day all the way until the end in S10. I enjoyed it very much and hope you do as well. The only "spoiler" I'm going to say is that I thought they did a better job than Supernatural has done in its later seasons.

2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I watched "Smallville" from the first day all the way until the end in S10. I enjoyed it very much and hope you do as well. The only "spoiler" I'm going to say is that I thought they did a better job than Supernatural has done in its later seasons.

I think the show has been good so far.  I don't know how many episodes I watched yesterday, but I started in the afternoon and kept watching til probably after midnight. 

I haven't looked, but I wonder if the same person did the incidental music for both shows.  It kind of sounds the same. 

On 5/31/2020 at 7:11 PM, Commando Cody said:

I think the show has been good so far.  I don't know how many episodes I watched yesterday, but I started in the afternoon and kept watching til probably after midnight. 

I haven't looked, but I wonder if the same person did the incidental music for both shows.  It kind of sounds the same. 

No, Mark Snow did the music for "Smallville" for several seasons - the same guy who did "The X-Files" music too. Love his style! Aside: He's now doing it for "Blue Bloods".

On 5/25/2020 at 6:37 PM, Res said:

I was cleaning today and a movie came on the cable TV, which I wasn't really watching until I realized there was an invisible monster only cannibals could see. After the "WTF is on" moment was over, I spent the rest of the time thinking, "Just torch the sucker. Don't you idiots watch Supernatural. Sheesh." It's fun hearing Dean's voice in your head, yelling, "Torch that SOB!" He was doing a lot of eyerolling as well. 

FYI, they weren't really cannibals but were tricked into eating it which is in the synopsis on cable. 

That seems like a very specific monster - heh. And how would someone even come up with that? "I know! Only cannibals can see it." Or the reasoning why only cannibals could see the monster?

Every time I see Canaan, VT on my caller ID, I'm like "Rufus?"  Yet, I still don't answer it because I haven't gone completely insane yet in not being able to tell fantasy from reality.

• LOL 2
On 6/10/2020 at 11:00 PM, Commando Cody said:

I hear songs and I think of the scene they were in on 'Supernatural'.  

Yes. I usually even say, even if I'm alone, hey that's a Supernatural song.  It's one of the things I miss most about the shows glory days.

• Love 3

A friend of 20 years and her husband have been turning their yard into a graveyard during the month of October for years--movie set quality--and crowds of people come to look through the wrought-iron fence (it's not something you go inside and wander through). They just made the difficult decision not to do it this year, because of COVID. They're also co-founders of the West Coast Haunt convention, and as long as I've known her she's been a major horror and sci-fi buff. I hadn't seen her in ages and stopped by their house on Thursday to pick up something. We were sitting out on the patio, which is attached to their workshop and I saw what looked like a demon trap painted on the workshop floor and asked her if that's what it was. I shouldn't be surprised she watches Supernatural but wasn't sure if that's what it was supposed to be and/or if it was directly related to the show. She said it was, and that there are nods to lots of her favorite shows throughout the workshop. Anyway, I was quite pleased with myself for recognizing it and guessing correctly! I only started watching a couple of months ago on Netflix and have binged myself up to Season 10 so far.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4

I was just looking at the little silver sun ring of my mom's that I'm wearing, which she had on when she died a year ago. The thought came to me that in a different scenario if she hadn't died peacefully or had held grudges, there might be a vengeful spirit running amok and this cherished ring would need to be destroyed! 😈😄 And given my bad luck, she would be in this form: 🤡

• Love 4

I bought an Echo Dot from Amazon. Today in my email, they are telling me that I can start a fourteen day affirmation program. All I could think of is Dean's affirmation: "You are a virile manifestation of the divine". That should be everyone's first. 😆 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Our Bichon got a Squirrel toy from us for Christmas this year.  Unbeknownst to us, our daughter & her fiancée gave her a toy too§:  a Moose.

So Ivy got Moose & Squirrel for Christmas!

ETA, I tried uploading the photos, but even flipping the originals, they didn’t upload vertical.

Edited by roamyn
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I came across this ad on our local Craig's List:

Hunter decor

condition: good

Several mounted heads available

Call Dean. No texts/NO emails.

Must see to appreciate.

Reasonable offers considered.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

A woman walked into the library I work at. Her name was Constance Welch. I was trying to think of the celebrity attached to that name, wracking my brain to figure it out until I finally caved and looked it up. Not a celebrity. The Woman in White from the Pilot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

In my grocery delivery there was a gallon of milk that I didn't order. Since I only have cereal a few mornings a week it's too much. So what am I'm planning to also make with it? PUDDING! And, yes, I heard that in Dean's voice.

• Love 3