Type keyword(s) to search

You Know You Watch Too Much Supernatural When....

• Start Topic

... You see this and think "I knew there was a reason I read this silly article!"* and immediately come here to post it on this thread.

*(Because I don't do any of these things that I know of - which yay for me? I guess the writer of the article is a Supernatural fan, perhaps?)

Edited to add: If someone knows how to put that clip here and wants to post it for me - because I am technologically impaired - go for it!

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 2

Here ya go, @AwesomO4000.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/love-sex/15-dumb-things-youre-doing-that-hurt-your-marriage/ss-BBp8gdK?li=BBnbcA0&ocid=iehp#image=7

15 Dumb Things You're Doing That Hurt Your Marriage

BBp88OP.img?h=373&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

7/15  YOU'RE CONTEMPLATING VIOLENCE NEXT TIME HE SLURPS.

Some days, your partner's loud chewing is enough to make your head explode. Good news: The doctors say it's okay to point out a partner's annoying habits. If his chewing really is that bad, then, chances are, it's irritating his colleagues, too. But the criticism has to come from a good place.

"If you have a vision for the way you want him to be seen in the world, for him to be that respected, wonderful man you see him as, then you have a responsibility to give him that feedback," Judith says. "But it's in the context of that vision — not just for you to pull out every time you want to attack him because you're feeling insecure or upset about something." If you're nitpicking every little thing about your partner, chances are there's something bigger bothering you, and you need to lay off them and figure out the real issue.

• Love 2

Thanks @DittyDotDot!

I was majorly avoiding doing work stuff last evening, I guess, because I normally try to avoid the "click bait" articles and I was already doing one of my free online puzzle games, but then I clicked on some of those interesting links to the abandoned college from last page and fell down a rabbit hole and just went with it - heh.

• Love 1

You see the following quote:

It deals with a subject that’s endlessly interesting to me: brothers, sacrifice, and, when your back is against the wall, what will you do to take care of your family?

and immediately do a double take to make sure you're still reading Ben Foster's interview about his new movie, rather than accidentally switching tabs over to a SPN forum.

• Love 3

I work in networking, and part of my job is applying access lists on various devices, which we abbreviate as ACLs.  I pronounce out each letter, but some of my co-workers call them Ackles instead.  I just nod to myself.

• Love 3

... One of your favorite moments of Dragon Con was when at one of the late night parties the DJ put on "Carry On Wayward Son," three guys dressed convincingly as Sam, Dean, and Castiel ran up on stage and danced amusingly, and you and about 20 other Supernatural fans ran up to the area in front of the stage and sang the chorus parts at the top of your/their voice.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 5

Walking down the hall back to your sub-zero, windowless office on the 6th floor, you mutter to yourself "They just keep sending me back up to this arctic craphole."

Bonus, you get an IM from your boss, saying that Kevin's on the phone and wants to talk to you.  All you can think of is "Kevin?  Did he find the three trials already?"  (Yes I actually did that this morning, and it took me a good 30 seconds to realize who Kevin really was.  I blame head trauma)

• Love 3

I drove for Uber today. I picked up a Dean and a Fergus. Actually pronounced Fairgus. I know because I had to call him. I wasn't sure about his location. He answered the phone - "This is Fairgus". He was from Scotland.  Listening to two Scottish guys talking to each other in the back seat was kind of amusing.  I kept thinking about how Rowena talks to Crowley. 

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Commando Cody said:

I drove for Uber today. I picked up a Dean and a Fergus. Actually pronounced Fairgus. I know because I had to call him. I wasn't sure about his location. He answered the phone - "This is Fairgus". He was from Scotland.  Listening to two Scottish guys talking to each other in the back seat was kind of amusing.  I kept thinking about how Rowena talks to Crowley. 

OMG, this just made me think of Robin William's "Origin of Golf" where he imitates the Scottish accent and sets forth the rules of the game. So sad that this genius is gone. RIP Robin. :(

• Love 3

When you visit the Village Inn and everyone but everyone working there reminds you that Wednesday is Free Pie Day. I have never seen a free item (you do have to buy food to get it) pushed so hard. I saw little old ladies leaving with to go boxes because "it's free! Take a piece for later!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mertensia said:

When you visit the Village Inn and everyone but everyone working there reminds you that Wednesday is Free Pie Day. I have never seen a free item (you do have to buy food to get it) pushed so hard. I saw little old ladies leaving with to go boxes because "it's free! Take a piece for later!"

That's hilarious...and suspicious. What's wrong with the pie?!! ;)

• Love 1

Got me but it was pretty good pie. But seriously-they reminded you the day before (it was next to the motel in Flagstaff), have huge honkin' signs and reminded you all over the place. It was like eating at a Midwestern Church Supper.

• Love 3

Village Inn has some great pie. I suspect the free pie thing is just to move the inventory for the next more fresh pies.  But I have actually gotten free pie at the Village Inn my late Dad frequented for 20 years. There is a picture of him, his GF and his GF father, both of whom he met there, on the Wall of Fame in the restaurant.

• Love 2
(edited)

....you read a serious news article about a Nobel * prize winner and his studies on "self-eating" cells and you think....so that's why the Leviathan ate themselves. 

/self facepalm

Japanese scientist Yoshinori Ohsumi was awarded this year's Nobel Prize in medicine on Monday for discoveries related to the degrading and recycling of cellular components.

The Karolinska Institute honored Ohsumi for "brilliant experiments" in the 1990s on autophagy, the "self-eating" process with which cells break down and recycle some of their content.

Edited by catrox14
spelling: whilst earning a Nobel is noble they are not the same thing.
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, rue721 said:

"Night Moves" just came on my Pandora, and I started laughing. You probably know why.

Yes, I do. Because I too watch too much Supernatural.

BTW, this reminds me how I've been hearing Carry On My Wayward Son everywhere lately. The radio, a kid walking through the alley playing it on his iPod when I had the window open in my office, the electronics store when I went to buy batteries...everywhere. And each time, I look around to see if anyone else is singing along with it. That's how you can spot a fellow fan in the crowd, you know? ;)

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Yes, I do. Because I too watch too much Supernatural.

BTW, this reminds me how I've been hearing Carry On My Wayward Son everywhere lately. The radio, a kid walking through the alley playing it on his iPod when I had the window open in my office, the electronics store when I went to buy batteries...everywhere. And each time, I look around to see if anyone else is singing along with it. That's how you can spot a fellow fan in the crowd, you know? ;)

1. I think it's because Kansas was featured in that big iHeartRadio festival a week or two ago. If you go on the Oldies 100 website (that's the radio station that hosted the festival here, but dunno if that's different in different markets?), they have a page devoted just to Kansas, with pictures of their performance and a mini radio station of just them/bands like them and other stuff like that. On the page, they also have a list of the top 5 Kansas songs, and 3 of the songs are versions of Wayward Son. LOL. (And one is Dust in the Wind, of course).

On the other hand...

2. I was at my "neighborhood bar" a while back, and Wayward Son came on the stereo. The bartender started singing along and was really into it. I was like, "Oh, do you watch Supernatural?" She was like, "what's Supernatural?" LOL. I was embarrassed. She then went on about how Wayward Son is a classic and OF COURSE she knows it. Duh. My buddy who was there was nodding along, too! Both to the song and to her rant about how awesome it is. And I know for a fact he has never watched Supernatural, either. So maybe there's this whole subculture of people jamming out to Wayward Son apropos of nothing whatsoever. Heh.

ETA:

Oh yeah, and isn't Kansas doing this big publicity kick because they're about to put out their first album in 16 years or something? I think I remember some radio DJ mentioning that or something. But I don't really keep up with bands so I'm not sure...?

ETA Pt2:

OK, just googled it and I guess Kansas just put out an album (a few weeks ago) and it's been really successful. Here's the blurb (from kansasband.com) that came up when I searched:

OCTOBER 3rd, 2016 – The Prelude Implicit, the new album from legendary rock band, Kansas, which was released on September 23rd, 2016, marks the band's biggest selling week in the Soundscan era, and the highest charting release since Power (1986).

Edited by rue721
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I was at my "neighborhood bar" a while back, and Wayward Son came on the stereo. The bartender started singing along and was really into it. I was like, "Oh, do you watch Supernatural?" She was like, "what's Supernatural?" LOL. I was embarrassed. She then went on about how Wayward Son is a classic and OF COURSE she knows it. Duh. My buddy who was there was nodding along, too! Both to the song and to her rant about how awesome it is. And I know for a fact he has never watched Supernatural, either. So maybe there's this whole subculture of people jamming out to Wayward Son apropos of nothing whatsoever. Heh.

Oh yeah, I knew the song long before I started watching Supernatural--I'm old, sue me--but it is funny how many people have come to know it only through the show. It kinda reminds me of when I was in college and was standing in line behind some kid who was going on and on about Queen and how great this "new" band was that was featured in Wayne's World. I didn't have the heart to break it to him he was jamming to his parents' music and was in no way new. ;)

I had heard Kansas was putting out a new album, but had forgotten about it. That makes sense why I suddenly started hearing "Wayward Son" everywhere I go lately.

• Love 3

And I'm pretty sure that they are on a concert tour - I say that because Hubby and I went to their concert here in Atlanta Friday night and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't just play in Atlanta. And the concert tour coincides with the 40th anniversary of "Leftoverture" (of which "Carry On..." is the first track) and Kansas performed the album in its entirety as the second half of the concert. So yeah, more reasons for the song to be out and about - it's celebrating its 40th anniversary.

Edited by AwesomO4000
because "performed" is more descriptive than "played."
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Next year we will be celebrating Baby's 50th! Love how they celebrate the classics in Supernatural. :)

I wonder if they'll mention it on the show.  April 24th! (according to Chuck)

... when you're shopping with Mom at HomeGoods, walk down the aisle that has all the "holiday" stuff (mostly Thanksgiving at this point), notice several grassy-looking wreathes and comment, "I hope those aren't made with meadowsweet."  Mom replies, "I hated that episode."

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, pixelcat said:

... when you're shopping with Mom at HomeGoods, walk down the aisle that has all the "holiday" stuff (mostly Thanksgiving at this point), notice several grassy-looking wreathes and comment, "I hope those aren't made with meadowsweet."  Mom replies, "I hated that episode."

Awww. This made me think about my mom. She didn't like Supernatural, she thought it was stupid and she would  mock me for watching it, but she loved going to Home Goods and do Christmas shopping together. :) I'm glad you and your Mom have this time :)

• Love 3
15 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Awww. This made me think about my mom. She didn't like Supernatural, she thought it was stupid and she would  mock me for watching it, but she loved going to Home Goods and do Christmas shopping together. :) I'm glad you and your Mom have this time :)

Yeah I'm very lucky my parents are both still here and healthy (for the most part!)  And I'm lucky my mom and I have overlapping tastes in music, tv/movies and books, so I can watch and enjoy Supernatural with her even if we don't agree on which episodes we like!

• Love 2
On 10/10/2016 at 2:23 PM, DittyDotDot said:

Oh yeah, I knew the song long before I started watching Supernatural--I'm old, sue me--but it is funny how many people have come to know it only through the show. It kinda reminds me of when I was in college and was standing in line behind some kid who was going on and on about Queen and how great this "new" band was that was featured in Wayne's World. I didn't have the heart to break it to him he was jamming to his parents' music and was in no way new. ;)

Yeah, I had to break it to my kids that Bohemian Rhapsody was considered an oldie and that Freddie Mercury was dead.

Related to that, my daughter once asked me if I knew that the father of Jakob Dylan, the lead singer of The Wallflowers, was a singer too. His father is Bob Dylan.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

Yeah, I had to break it to my kids that Bohemian Rhapsody was considered an oldie and that Freddie Mercury was dead.

Related to that, my daughter once asked me if I knew that the father of Jakob Dylan, the lead singer of The Wallflowers, was a singer too. His father is Bob Dylan.

Hee!! Ah, kids. ;)

I have one more for this evening. I have heard Goodbye Stranger a couple of times this week. It was playing when I got home today. I stayed in the car until the end. Every time I hear it, I picture Castiel on the bus and the bus driving away. 

• Love 3

...You stop in Starbucks to say hello to neighbor you see sitting by the window and as you're chatting "Can't Find My Way Home" starts playing and you suddenly picture Dean being stabbed by Metatron and lifeless Dean on his bed with a broken Sam and you try to not get teary eyed whilst talking to your neighbor.

• Love 4

Look, if those nimrods are really worried about Obama and Clinton being demons, they really just need to make sure there is holy water in all the water sources and even put it in the sprinkler systems of the venue. Sheesh. Rookies.

• Love 4