Type keyword(s) to search

Behind The Scenes: The Drama Behind the Drama

• Start Topic

i'm gonna do like cristina yang: i was right! i'm right!!! (tears).

this to me confirms that ellen was asked to write that tweet. shonda is hiding under ellen's wing. this whole thing put shonda even in a worst light to me.

• Love 2

If PD did something that couldn't be forgiven (is there such a thing in Hollywood? and how could we not have heard about it?), just send Derek to DC, let the show move forward until Merder fans get used to his absence, then kill him offscreen.
 Shonda had choices.

People pay to cover things up. That is how Hollywood works. Who knows what Shonda's reasoning is....maybe she got tired of working around him or maybe he is that diva jerk. There have been plenty of blinds and rumors for years, that he isn't a very good guy.

Maybe Shonda is personal friends with his wife. ha

I read that one story where he talked about being spread too thin, and that he wanted to spend more time with his kids...then left for Dubai to race.  odd. 

If PD did something that couldn't be forgiven (is there such a thing in Hollywood? and how could we not have heard about it?), just send Derek to DC, let the show move forward until Merder fans get used to his absence, then kill him offscreen.
 Shonda had choices.

People pay to cover things up. That is how Hollywood works. Who knows what Shonda's reasoning is....maybe she got tired of working around him or maybe he is that diva jerk. There have been plenty of blinds and rumors for years, that he isn't a very good guy.

Maybe Shonda is personal friends with his wife. ha

I read that one story where he talked about being spread too thin, and that he wanted to spend more time with his kids...then left for Dubai to race.  odd. 

i'm sure shonda/abc made her tweet that, waited for the reaction then she supported that. she's hiding under ellen's wing because people are not mad at ellen as much as they are with her. she is pathetic. you did the mess, you fix it. take courage and stand up for your own decisions. I love watching this unfold too, the more they try to promote the show and underestimate derek's death, the more they struggle. i may be mean, but she did this to herself after all.

• Love 2

Then why did Charlie Sheen didn't? Or Alec Baldwin? They have been actual assholes and yet, everyone knows. I'm assuming that they didn't pay then?

Blind items aren't proof. Show me Patrick pulling a stunt like AB and I will believe that. Until then, it's all rumors. Maybe of a resented person. 

I read that one story where he talked about being spread too thin, and that he wanted to spend more time with his kids...then left for Dubai to race.  odd.

As I'm assuming you don't follow him that often, there were pap pics, almost daily where he was spending a lot of time with them. Although I'm not going to assume anything else about this because parenting is different for everyone.

I'll bet Shonda wrote it.

I second this. She can't do that herself, given the huge amount of backfire she has received, so she puts EP to clean her mess. I feel bad for EP because she's being the one to take the hit for this. 

• Love 4

You can believe that if you want. It doesn't matter: Shonda had choices about how to write Derek out. She could have left him in DC. PD was around to film his death scene; he could have filmed another Derek exit. He could have disappeared into the kitchen to become a househusband and died offscreen.

Yes, the fans would always have missed Merder. But Shonda is taking a critical drubbing for delivering a messy, unnecessary and disrespectful (to the fans) episode.

ETA: Shonda has exploited the Merder fans for years. To try to act now like it doesn't matter (EP's tweet: 'what matters are the tragedies of real people') is bullshit.

Edited by Tuleh2
  • Love 6

I don't think I'll believe the blind items until there are stories from crew members (or cast members willing to use their names) that confirm them. Every account I've read says he's nice and funny. And with Ellen being willing to say things about KH and that mess I think eventually we'll at least get a hint if he was a pain. 

Blind gossip items are hard to trust just because of the behind the scenes planting and strategy that goes into it. 5 blind items can come from 1 person with a vendetta. There's no way of knowing.

Edited by brightside
  • Love 3
However, she seems to speak pretty honestly, both about the show and her personal life so perhaps it was ABC who stopped her from going on the show.  I think she was probably just too busy, given what we know about how far behind they are with filming.

Maybe it was both? I think ABC thought it was convenient to maybe let things calm down before she had to be the one to fix the mess (because let's face it, Shonda won't do it) but this tweet today seems like they're having trouble placing a decent response to the backlash. 

It also sounds to me like a reminder that real horrors are going on in the world and that maybe people should get a little perspective.

Yeah but...this show has never been about that and that's what bugs me about this whole statement. Sure, tragedies happen but why incorporate them on a show that has ghost sex? 

At this point, everyone's letting the show's dysfunctional history write the story: 'Shonda killed a character, ergo the actor must have been difficult.'

And PD can afford to take some of the blame for that; he was clearly ambivalent about continuing with the show. But I think he's also had more interaction with the fans over the years, so he knew what kind of backlash awaited the person responsible for ending Merder. He didn't want to be the one blamed for THAT. And now he's free; so what if there are rumors about him being a "diva?"

The problem is that in some cases, that has been the case. The bad part is that in cases when the actor hasn't been difficult or really shares the entire blame of the problem, everyone is led to believe that is the issue when it may not be. Shonda has the Hollywood capital (sort to speak) to let that to be believed (because KH was, IW was) but in this case, so does Patrick, mostly because he is in interaction more with fans than Shonda seems to be and talks and mostly agrees with them on certain things. 

I do believe that Patrick's ambivalence towards the show did influence SR (maybe not so much in ABC at the end) but I still don't understand how is it that they didn't see this backlash coming. He said he was anxious about the response. My guess is he did know what was coming (or at least had some sort of idea) and let them have it and frankly, they deserve it (not the death threats and that crap, that's always a no) because it was terribly written and it was cruel at some level. 

I also do believe that they're waiting for things to calm down, maybe until next week to address it. If they ever do. 

• Love 3

I do believe that Patrick's ambivalence towards the show did influence SR (maybe not so much in ABC at the end) but I still don't understand how is it that they didn't see this backlash coming.

We've talked before about how PD has more face-to-face fan interaction than anyone else on the show (because of racing). You know who has the least? Shonda.

Tweets, yes; but actual face-to-face contact with people who watch her shows? Not so much. I think Twitter may have given her a distorted worldview. Her many followers exist for her self-promotion. Fan tweets are easy to ignore ("I make stuff up for living. Don't tweet me your craziness.") They're abstractions, like Neilsen numbers. Lots = good, never mind the message.

She spends most of her time in Shondaland, and when she leaves it she attends sophisticated functions, meets with journalists or gives speeches to people. She doesn't spend time with fans who gush at her about how much this or that character means to them.

I think that's why she got this so wrong. I'm sure a lot of people warned her against it (PD and ABC execs). I think she had to fight to do this, and that's why the season was such a mess, and why there was animosity with PD.

In the end she won; she maintained creative control over HER show... and then she let her fatigue and resentment write the episode.

Edited by Tuleh2
  • Love 4

They're probably waiting to see the ratings.

I doubt the ratings will slide enough to cause her to have to talk about it. Ratings will be up next week, and probably won't tank beyond that.

But this episode was also a big, newsy "FAIL" with the critics. She was blasted by people who don't even watch GA anymore. She was THE WOMAN WHO COULD DO NO WRONG... and now she has. I think she will have to address it the next time she gives an interview, but I don't expect to see her anytime soon.

• Love 6

I agree. I also agree that tv is an escape for many people. But there are also people that take comfort in seeing their story told on tv. There are countless stories of how television storylines had impact and were appreciated by people and their families that have gone through similar circumstance.

that would work if this show would actually deal with mourning and losses. they just drop the bomb and forget about it in a couple episodes. there are characters basically forgotten after their deaths (the last one is baby samuel's death). It's just bad writing.

Edited by Elle8
  • Love 3

Yeah but...this show has never been about that and that's what bugs me about this whole statement. Sure, tragedies happen but why incorporate them on a show that has ghost sex?

I didn't necessarily mean that. I have seen tweets to the cast about people not eating for days because they are so upset, throwing up, crying non-stop, etc. and I took her statement as a gentle reminder that in the big scheme of things, this is the death of a fictional character and we will get through it. She mentions that people are going through horrible tragedies everyday, and there is a lot of that right now.

Maybe that isn't her place or maybe I am just reading some of my own thoughts into it. Yes, she wants people to keep watching and she didn't address the PD situation, but I liked the statement regardless of who wrote it.

• Love 4

Everyone keeps calling for Shonda to say something. What exactly do you want to hear from her? As far as I can tell, nothing she could say would satisfy folks.

People were all over Ellen on twitter to say something. She did and people don't like what she said because it wasn't a love note to Dempsey. I imagine the same (but even more explosive) reaction to anything further Rhimes has to say on the matter.

• Love 6

I imagine the same (but even more explosive) reaction to anything further Rhimes has to say on the matter.

Well, she made the decision (according to PD at least), and she surely wrote the episode and decided the way he exited the series. She made the mess, she has to face the reactions

• Love 4
Everyone keeps calling for Shonda to say something. What exactly do you want to hear from her? As far as I can tell, nothing she could say would satisfy folks.

I don't need to be satisfied by her statement (I probably won't and am fine with that), I just want to hear her version. 

She did and people don't like what she said because it wasn't a love note to Dempsey.

From what I saw, it's not that it wasn't a love letter, just that it wasn't that genuine, for lack of a better word. Given her prior "love notes", let's call them that, this didn't seem like something Ellen wrote but a crafted statement. I doubt that she'd gone "OMG he's the best man ever Adonis with the best hair in human history blah blah" but you know, just put a "we will miss him on the show" in there. Takes less than five seconds to type it. Or perhaps it's a spoiler.

I do think the anger at her is wrong though. She didn't write his exit, no need to blame the messenger. 

I have seen tweets to the cast about people not eating for days because they are so upset, throwing up, crying non-stop, etc. and I took her statement as a gentle reminder that in the big scheme of things, this is the death of a fictional character and we will get through it. She mentions that people are going through horrible tragedies everyday, and there is a lot of that right now.

With this context, I agree. Yeah, those tweets are extreme (and a total lie, let's be honest). 

• Love 3

I imagine the same (but even more explosive) reaction to anything further Rhimes has to say on the matter.

True, pennbenn. I don't think there's anything she could say to fix this. But isn't it kind of ironic: Shonda's good friends with Judy Smith, the DC fixer (the model for Olivia Pope). Could they really not see this coming? (Ooops, now I'm about to head into conspiracy mode. I'll STOP. NOW.)

I'll just say that I'm pleased: If you had told me a month ago that PD could leave this show without the entire Merder fandom picking up pitchforks and threatening to boycott his future career, I wouldn't have believed it. What a gift for him.

Edited by Tuleh2
  • Love 3

True, pennbenn. I don't think there's anything she could say to fix this. But isn't it kind of ironic: Shonda's good friends with Judy Smith, the DC fixer (the model for Olivia Pope). Could they really not see this coming? (Ooops, now I'm about to head into conspiracy mode. I'll STOP. NOW.)

I'll just say that I'm pleased: If you had told me a month ago that PD could leave this show without the entire Merder fandom picking up pitchforks and threatening to boycott his future career, I wouldn't have believed it. What a gift for him.

But what makes you think they didn't see this coming?  Also, I think the ONLY reason PD still has Merder supporters is because he made out like it was not his fault at all.  They are all thinking poor Patrick, he got fired by Shonda RULER OF ALL THAT IS EVIL and then literally hit by a truck (just as George got run over by a bus).  If this had come out differently, as in Patrick broke his contract because he wants to race full time.  Then, i'm pretty sure all that support goes away.  

I still feel like this sort of falls under "there is no such thing as bad publicity". yes, Shonda is getting a ton of crap now...but in reality its all just publicity for the show.  Almost every entertainment news outlet picked up Ellen's tweet, which basically said nothing at all.

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 4

I am wondering if maybe the year of met if she might be done at the end of the season. I could see her taking the kids and movie with Christina. It gives her the out get Christina and met back together and it makes Derek death at this time in the game more plasable

I still feel like this sort of falls under "there is no such thing as bad publicity". yes, Shonda is getting a ton of crap now...but in reality its all just publicity for the show.  Almost every entertainment news outlet picked up Ellen's tweet, which basically said nothing at all.

true. she decided to take a huge risk, maybe she actually wanted and calculated all the buzz. but this is a double-edged sword: nobody can say right now if this will benefit her and the show, or will actually destroy it. we'll have to wait to know.

but i don't like the method, and with me many fans- if this has any importance to her or abc.

I hate Pompeo's tweet because I hate that logic with a fiery passion. That logic comes from the same people you've seen post, generally on Entertainment Weekly, who say "OMG, get a life! It's just a TV show." It's the "starving children in Africa" argument, which automatically dismisses any passion -- rational or irrational -- that fans feel about anything in entertainment with there are "more important things to worry about" or "it's not real life." I agree that nobody should be tweeting death threats or hunger strikes or stalking the actors, but caring about a show and being upset about it is not something to be mocked or belittled because "it's not real life." By that logic, nobody should care about entertainment, sports, fashion or any diversion because it's not "real."

Interesting how that argument magically disappears when it's "I don't want to go out with my friends -- TGIT is on!" I'll be waiting patiently for the actor or creator who responds "Why would you do that? Real life is so much more important than TV!" But I won't hold my breath.

• Love 15
Also, I think the ONLY reason PD still has Merder supporters is because he made out like it was not his fault at all.  They are all thinking poor Patrick, he got fired by Shonda RULER OF ALL THAT IS EVIL and then literally hit by a truck (just as George got run over by a bus).  If this had come out differently, as in Patrick broke his contract because he wants to race full time.  Then, i'm pretty sure all that support goes away.

Absolutely, Greysaddict. PD was trapped on this show. Not the worst problem in the world, I know. He certainly was appreciative of the success it brought him and handled the fans with grace. I think he held up his end of the bargain.

But I don't expect any actor to want to play the same role forever, even EP. No matter how much they're paid.

But what makes you think they didn't see this coming?

A lot of the venom about his death seems to be directed at "the way it was done," and I still can't fathom that crappy episode. It has to be the worst one Shonda's ever written. Never mind the bad taste (death in a Porsche?), it was sloppy: full of plot holes and contrivances (the eppy thread on this board has 8 pages of them). GA has been pretty contrived lately, but could Shonda really have done such a bad job intentionally, i.e., to make it look like PD was being dissed/to generate sympathy for him? Maybe. (That's the conspiracy theory). But Shonda is pretty proud of her writing skills.

Whatever, I think it was a gift. I hope PD thinks so too. I'd like to see him do something else. YMMV.

Edited by Tuleh2
  • Love 2
But what makes you think they didn't see this coming?  Also, I think the ONLY reason PD still has Merder supporters is because he made out like it was not his fault at all.  They are all thinking poor Patrick, he got fired by Shonda RULER OF ALL THAT IS EVIL and then literally hit by a truck (just as George got run over by a bus).  If this had come out differently, as in Patrick broke his contract because he wants to race full time.  Then, i'm pretty sure all that support goes away.

But it didn't come out differently. He did get fired/dismissed/written out. It was not his fault (that he was fired, not that he didn't influence). And it's not necessarily true that the only reason MD supporters have stuck with him is because he didn't break contract. Many of them are actually fans of him as well (I know, shocking). And some I've talked to do seem to think that they'd be fine with the decision (and less angry) of PD leaving had it been 100% his choice and not what Shonda decided. In fact, they'd be having less backlash and probably PD would have received a more equal part of the blame. But that didn't happen. So, we can assume the alternative scenario but it doesn't matter as it's not what went down. It's how I've seen this unfold in my social media experience. 

And let's face it: SR could've done a better job. Hit by a truck. Please. 

Also if they did see it coming and this is the response? Weak and terrible response to the backlash. I want to believe that Shondaland & ABC are better at PR than this.

Almost every entertainment news outlet picked up Ellen's tweet, which basically said nothing at all.

Not at the level that the petition (which is ridiculous but hilarious) is. For better or worse, it didn't do much. 

nobody can say right now if this will benefit her and the show, or will actually destroy it. we'll have to wait to know.

I don't think it will do much at the long-run. It will give enough word of mouth for this week's episode but after that, I can see the whole thing calm down and be back to where it used to be. I don't think the show was saved or will have a creative rebirth because they got rid of one character. Hasn't worked before. 

Whatever, I think it was a gift. I hope PD thinks so too. I'd like to see him do something else. YMMV.

Me too. A better written drama. Or hell, comedy. As long as it's better written, whatever.

Edited by AnitaM86
  • Love 1

But what makes you think they didn't see this coming?  Also, I think the ONLY reason PD still has Merder supporters is because he made out like it was not his fault at all.  They are all thinking poor Patrick, he got fired by Shonda RULER OF ALL THAT IS EVIL and then literally hit by a truck (just as George got run over by a bus).  If this had come out differently, as in Patrick broke his contract because he wants to race full time.  Then, i'm pretty sure all that support goes away.  

Wow. As a MerDer supporter, I disagree.

No matter what happened, Shonda decided to do the nasty, vile things she did in that episode. Ten years of my loyalty, and she gave it to me and other fans up the ass.

You're damned right I side with Patrick.

• Love 10

I don't think it will do much at the long-run. It will give enough word of mouth for this week's episode but after that, I can see the whole thing calm down and be back to where it used to be. I don't think the show was saved or will have a creative rebirth because they got rid of one character. Hasn't worked before. 

so you think in a few days/weeks this mess will blow out and the show will go on with the same numbers in September? May be, it's a possibility. Honestly I won't watch anymore because enough is enough, this show has became inconsistent -death after death, new useless character after new useless character, discontinuity, dropped and/or recycled storylines. all i cared about was the originals; and: bailey has become someone else, richard never had a storyline on its own since he's a man; derek is dead, alex is meredith's psych/nanny and meredith is going to be a tragic character again. if people can take this, then i suppose this show can go on forever.

i was hoping all this mess could shake shonda's arrogance, but i guess i was wrong.

oh, they just announced a new disaster in Seattle, how original. (press release 11x23/11x24)

Edited by Elle8

so you think in a few days/weeks this mess will blow out and the show will go on with the same numbers in September? May be, it's a possibility. Honestly I won't watch anymore because enough is enough, this show has became inconsistent -death after death, new useless character after new useless character, discontinuity, dropped and/or recycled storylines. all i cared about was the originals; and: bailey has become someone else, richard never had a storyline on its own since he's a man; derek is dead, alex is meredith's psych/nanny and meredith is going to be a tragic character again. if people can take this, then i suppose this show can go on forever.

i was hoping all this mess could shake shonda's arrogance, but i guess i was wrong.

I don't think it'll blow over. I think people who have been  loyal since day one are at the point now where they're absolutely done. Why would I watch? To see Meredith grieve? Be even greater? move on? No, I'm done. There's no reason to give Shonda the investment of my time and my loyalty when she did what she did.

• Love 5
so you think in a few days/weeks this mess will blow out and the show will go on with the same numbers in September?

Maybe with less, as it's a bit customary in the show. Many will decide not to tune in after Derek's death and be done with it and perhaps that will take a hit, but I doubt they'll lose half the viewers over it. GA has the same cycle while losing characters. I don't expect Derek's death to be the catalyst of the end but for me, it'll probably be. I can assure you that next week to perhaps the SF, they'll have higher ratings than usual. But I don't think they can count with a huge surge for this or a major downfall in Sept.

With GA? No. Maybe with Scandal she could get nervous but GA has 11 years and still stands. I don't think she will lose sleep over this. 

Edited by AnitaM86
  • Love 3

that's why it sounds so calculated, although is a nice speech. but they won't let her satisfy the fans even with such a simple sentence?? omg, what must have he done to deserve this. 

I think it further shows that Patrick did nothing to deserve this, except fight for his character and the terms of his contract, and that Shonda is desperately trying to cover her a$$.

So it just doesn't make sense unless this is what Shonda WANTED. And she's going to have to own up to that, eventually. No future interviewer will fail to ask her about it.

LOL. I'm envisioning this happening in an "A Few Good Men" type of dialogue:  "Did you want to fire Patrick Dempsey and kill McDreamy?!  Did you order him killed?!  I want the TRUTH!!"  "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!"

And it's not necessarily true that the only reason MD supporters have stuck with him is because he didn't break contract. Many of them are actually fans of him as well (I know, shocking). And some I've talked to do seem to think that they'd be fine with the decision (and less angry) of PD leaving had it been 100% his choice and not what Shonda decided.

**Waves hand wildly**  Like me and a number of people I know!  If it had been Patrick's decision to break his contract, or even not renew when he did, because he wanted to move on, I would have COMPLETELY respected that and would have wished him all the best.  I, however, have ZERO tolerance and respect for someone who is such a petty, vindictive, egomaniacal b*itch that she falsely vilifies others, writes the character out in an insulting and demeaning way, and then won't even stand up and take responsibility for her actions.

Wow. As a MerDer supporter, I disagree.

No matter what happened, Shonda decided to do the nasty, vile things she did in that episode. Ten years of my loyalty, and she gave it to me and other fans up the ass.

You're damned right I side with Patrick.

^^^^^THIS! To Infinity and Beyond!

• Love 4
I don't expect Derek's death to be the catalyst of the end but for me, it'll probably be.

Yeah, I've watched my last episode. The next episode won't be a memorial to Derek. It will be: "Look what's happened to poor Meredith." And Amelia.

Ick.

Edited by Tuleh2
  • Love 4

It's funny I have some friends who started netflixing Greys this weekend just to see what all the outrage is about Derek dying.

Honestly, I think Shonda has always gone for shock over everything else. She has mentioned in interviews how people were shocked about her killing off George and I think she tried to recreate that with this episode poorly. I think the more people show the outrage about Derek dying you are doing what Shonda wants.

• Love 1

If the costume designer is trying to defend,  wow everyone at Greys is trying to do damage control.

Everyone except the person responsible (Shonda), that is.  I'm not impressed by that tweet.  Great that they said stuff to Patrick.  Now how about publicly acknowledging the fans without trivializing it.

I hope people know that site is satire.  I wouldn't have known without the explanation in the link provided.

Good for them for keeping their goodbyes private. They have professional and personal with him and had a couple of weeks before the episode aired to say what they wished to say to him. None of them would have tweeted until after the west coast airing and after they were attacked by childish fans any that would have tweeted probably decided why bother.

If everyone believes Patrick was truthful in his interview then there is no reason not to believe what Mimi said. He said he left on good terms with the actors.

• Love 5
If everyone believes Patrick was truthful in his interview then there is no reason not to believe what Mimi said. He said he left on good terms with the actors.

I fully believe Mimi's tweet.  I'd just like to see the fan outcry addressed honestly, without being trivialized in a statement that's an obvious load of PR bulllsh*t.

• Love 3

mimi melgaard ‏@MimiMelgaard 

There have been a lot of questions.  I'll answer one.  The cast/crew said what they wanted to say privately to p d it is not for public.

That was quick. She's deleted it.

• Love 1

Two theories:  (i) someone told her to because comments like this should come from above her paygrade or (ii) she was absolutely being pasted on twitter like others and that's above her paygrade.... I guess (iii) both of the above, is possible.

• Love 3

Two theories:  (i) someone told her to because comments like this should come from above her paygrade or (ii) she was absolutely being pasted on twitter like others and that's above her paygrade.... I guess (iii) both of the above, is possible.

It was kind of cute that she thought she could calm the storm.

• Love 3
I think the more people show the outrage about Derek dying you are doing what Shonda wants.

Well, I hope she's enjoying it, then?

The next kill has to be atrocious to top this one. 

It was kind of cute that she thought she could calm the storm.

At least she tried. Gotta give her credit for attempting to do that.

• Love 2

Not at the level that the petition (which is ridiculous but hilarious) is

Oh my, AnitaM86, that petition must be read in full. I truly understand folks are angry, and that's fair, but that petition needs to have an actor do a dramatic reading somewhere:

It's like you've killed the President of Grey's Anatomy! The Fans are ready to serve you papers and charge you with the Patriot Act!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 5
You can believe that if you want. It doesn't matter: Shonda had choices about how to write Derek out. She could have left him in DC. PD was around to film his death scene; he could have filmed another Derek exit. He could have disappeared into the kitchen to become a househusband and died offscreen.

I say this as someone who was a MerDer fan for many, many years. I don't want a "Derek goes to DC and dies off screen" death and I'm not keen on "Derek becomes a househusband" and is only mentioned as looking after the kids. I liked the MerDer I actually saw onscreen, not stuck in a holding pattern for however long EP lasts on the show "hey Derek is right there.....around the corner".

I think the death scene was ridiculous and not the only option, but I just can't see this show of any show choosing the off screen option when they can amp the drama and give EP (another) grief storyline next season, not to mention Amelia. I wouldn't have been opposed to a Clooneyesque reunion if they split up and later reunited.

I don't know what went down or who is more to blame, but I'd guess it was something more than "I'm sick of writing around PD's schedule." What I have no idea. It's pretty easy to assign diva motivations on both PD and SR's parts given this show's past crazy drama, but who knows.

They obviously knew they were going to get massive backlash, and for the moment I think its wise SR doesn't say anything, she's already suspected of everything under the sun anyway.

• Love 3

She says she deleted it due to negativity.

I'm not sure why should would expect otherwise. I don't think anything an actor or crew member tweets will be met with anything but negativity. If they say nothing they are accused and if they tweet they'll be bombarded with nastiness. I'm unconvinced many even want the truth, they want to hear what they want to hear and nothing else will do.

but that petition needs to have an actor do a dramatic reading somewhere

LOL. 

• Love 9

If the cast and crew say nothing publicly then they are either disrespectful or cowering under Shonda's martial law. When anyone says anything, it is met with scorn.

People aren't going to be happy until someone comes out and says that they made the worst mistake in TV history, that PD was a joy to work with every single day and that Shonda is vindictive and forced PD out even though he begged to stay. Whether or not any of this is true is irrelevant. Nothing else will be believed or accepted. Any other suggestion is dismissed as Shonda planting rumors or outright fabrication.

I don't expect anything from anyone soon and the more negativity they are met with the less likely other people will come out voluntarily. Shonda made a statement, people just don't like it.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 7

People aren't going to be happy until someone comes out and says that they made the worst mistake in TV history, that PD was a joy to work with every single day and that Shonda is vindictive and forced PD out even though he begged to stay. Whether or not any of this is true is irrelevant. Nothing else will be believed or accepted. Any other suggestion is dismissed as Shonda planting rumors or outright fabrication.

I don't expect anything from anyone soon and the more negativity they are met with the less likely other people will come out voluntarily. Shonda made a statement, people just don't like it.

The carousel never stop turning, but the motor are the fans. and while there a lot of them that are truly rude and irritating, they were not treated well. They overreacted but God, Shonda didn't wrote an episode from season 8 (and it was a catastrophic one- and the one before, the musical one, was ridiculous), never tweeted about the show, she was almost careless about it. She mostly explained her choices with c*rap as "trust the journey". Then she came back and kill the fans favorite guy. The crew has nothing to do with it, and I'm sorry for them, but what did they expect? Didn't shonda want the shock and the buzz? Here it is.

Edited by Elle8

If the cast and crew say nothing publicly then they are either disrespectful or cowering under Shonda's martial law. When anyone says anything, it is met with scorn.

Bingo. Some of these people sound absolutely nuts.

Calling Shonda names? Making proclamations about her motives or what she thinks or feels while not knowing her even a little bit? I mean honestly Derek died but he died a hero and he'll be mourned as such, if she truly hated Patrick Dempsey Derek would have cheated and died in a drag racing accident in DC.

It's weird to me, as much as some hate the decisions she's made, do they realize that they wouldn't be so upset if she hadn't been the force behind the show they love? You really must learn to take the good with the bad.

• Love 4

Have you guys read this article?

Personally I don't think it's true. I feel like they want to put all the blame on PD. I'm not saying he's a saint, but I'm skeptical about everything that comes from Shondaland.

• Love 1

i wouldn't be surprised if abc is using cheap gossipy websites to try to win some fans back. after all, they used a gossip website to spread the spoiler of death of derek the first time. that's damage control. i'm not believing a word from those websites. 

Edited by Elle8
  • Love 1