Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: City Beneath the Sea

When Dahlia devises a clever way to get Klaus’s attention, she reveals some startling details about baby Hope and leaves him with an enticing proposition to consider. Elsewhere, while Elijah and Freya find themselves with opposing views on how best to handle Dahlia’s looming deadline, Rebekah, Davina, and Cami work together to come up with their own strategy. Meanwhile, following a tense stand-off between Elijah and Jackson in the bayou, Hayley is left to make a difficult decision about her and Hope's future. Finally, Vincent, who is eager to leave his witch past behind him, approaches Davina with an offer that leaves her intrigued.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaGjByNeHNI

Elijah is such a BAMF. Love him! His scene with Freya after he injected her with Hope's blood was priceless.

Really enjoyed the Dahlia/Klaus scenes tonight. I'm hoping against hope this is a long con, even on the audience and Klaus is playing everybody but I don't know.

I hate that Hayley is trying to take Hope away from 1/2 of her family. I know this situation isn't ideal but Elijah/Bex/Klaus love that child and it's seems really cruel and selfish of Hayley. I could see it, If there was no other option against Dahlia but this seemed more about making happy family time with Jackson and her pack and that just feels wrong.

• Love 1

Morrigan2575, I agree with you re: Haley taking the baby away.  Not only does it feel cruel and selfish, I feel like it is going to end up costing her big.  I don't know how, but it feels very wrong and dangerous.  All she hasto protect Hope are the wolves and a hybrid.  No witches, no other vamps. 

Aidan's funeral and Josh's sadness were heartbreaking.  I'm glad the news that Klaus wasn't Aidan's murderer started getting out, but didn't change their feelings about the dagger.

Enjoyed Klaus and the vision walking with Daliah.  So, Freya is powerful and unstable.  Got it. I wonder what Klaus' plays are going to be here.

Vincent is back! Woooo!  I missed him.  Davina and Vincent could make a cool team!

I get viscerally angry when the writers try to recreate history.  Although it's hilarious that Dahlia, named after a New World flower, was enslaved by Christianized Vikings, while Esther frolicked about like a permanent May Queen.  Riiiiiight...Is it so hard for the writers to watch one episode of "Vikings?"  Even "The 100" knew to include a shield wall in its finale.

Equally hilarious: the obvious doll Hayley spent half the episode toting around or wearing.  The baby from "American Sniper" missed out on a big role.

I'm glad Davina will have an actual purpose in coming episodes/season three.  The less that's said about Cami the better.  I loved Marcel being there for Josh.  I like him better as a mentor than general.

I hate that Hayley is trying to take Hope away from 1/2 of her family. I know this situation isn't ideal but Elijah/Bex/Klaus love that child and it's seems really cruel and selfish of Hayley.

Regardless of declaring loyalty to her pack, she really didn't have a choice.  The Mikaelsons are poisonous because they refuse to let go of Klaus, especially Rebekah and Elijah.  They're blinded by their unfounded loyalty to him and keep making bad decision after bad decision to placate him.  Every thing he does, Hope loses.  Hayley's decision might be cruel, but until Klaus gets a grip and stops making enemies at every turn, she is better off with Hayley.  And Jackson.  I know, I know, Klaus is dad, but Jackson is at his best with the baby.  He's just a good man and it's a refreshing change.  It's no small thing, accepting and loving another person's child, and he's willing to lay down his life for his worst enemy's daughter.  He loves Hayley, but he loves Hope too, and independently of her, and it's really lovely to watch.  Too often his hat is a bright, blinding white, but Klaus could still learn some things from him about what love really is.

• Love 3

Hayley's right, Hope being around the Mikalesons isn't going to be good for her. They had to send her out of town and fake her death seconds after being born.

• Elijah just daggered Klaus
  • Dalia is after Hope
  • Rebeckha did nothing to stop him
  • Klaus is after Haley. 
  • Finn was trying to kill them
  • They were fighting Kol
  • Freya's a loose cannon after Klaus and using the baby. 

Klaus daggers everyone. I love the family, but an innocent baby growing up they are the worst to be around. She'd be kidnapped and used as bait/leverage/all the time. Klaus is so about Klaus that he can't put Hope first at all like a parent would, instead his decision is to kill Hayley so he can hold onto Hope as a piece of property so she won't call Jackson daddy. 

Jackson's way is right. He can bring a lot more love and stability to Hope. He's perfect to her and Hayley, which makes me scared he'll be next to go. I hope he doesn't. He and Hope are adorable together and he makes Hayley tolerable. Jackson just  knows how to be Hope's parent, unlike Klaus. Although he's a werewolf he's got the most human traits of love, loyalty, and honor.

The funeral was so sad, loved Josh being able to attend. He seems to fit more with the pack than his own people.

• Love 3

Please tell me that Klaus is not this incredibly stupid to buy Dalia's bullshit. I think that she and Freya are in this together. I am SO over the whole wolf pack part of this show, Jackson and Hailey included. Blah blah blah the pack this and blah blah blah the pack that. The reason I watch this show is because it's about the Originals, I can go with the local witch and vampire factions, but it's starting to veer off into the territory where a good chunk of the show is about this stupid wolf pack and I am over it.

• Love 1

For some reason, my DVR stopped recording before the end of the episode. The last I saw was Vincent walking into Davina's place as she was doing a spell. Could someone please summarize what else happened? Thanks in advance.

For some reason, my DVR stopped recording before the end of the episode. The last I saw was Vincent walking into Davina's place as she was doing a spell. Could someone please summarize what else happened? Thanks in advance.

He offers her to become the leader of the 9 covens (as a successor to Josephine LaRue), since A) he doesn't want to do it, B) it would give her enough power to do Kol's resurrection spel, C) Kole is coming back y'all!

Cut to the bayou, where Aiden is being buried. Josh is there and he kisses him goodbye before they send him down the river. The camera pans to Hailey and Jackson holding hands and a VO starts by Hailey, leaving a message to Elijah on his phone, that she has decided to stay with the wolves for good. She thinks it's better for Hope not to grow up among the Mikealsons and their drama (and Klaus and his 1000 enemies). And goodbye.

Klaus listens to the message from the other room, as Elijah and Rebecca say that Hailey is right. He goes to Dahlia and takes the deal, telling her he never cared about Hailey in the first place but his "brothers and sisters will stand in our way". Dahlia's like "Ah well we'll just have to get through them", and Klaus of course is like "THEY HAVE EARNED EVERYTHING THAT WILL COME THEIR WAY".

• Love 1

I don't know how to feel about this episode.

It wasn't bad but I still have mixed feelings about it.

Cami asking Elijah if they will keep Klaus daggered for 5/10 years/ a century was hilarious because I just thought "Girl, get a hold of yourself. He'll be back by the end of the day". Which of course happened a few minutes later.

I'm happy for Hailey I guess? She finally knows where her home is. I like Jackson and I liked that we got a small bit of the person he was growing up. Except, they had to reveal it as a general thread throughout the episode (Jackson, Hailey, and Freya all mention their upbringing) to tell us that Hope will have a very hard time growing up. It's things like this that make me complain about this show.

Also, my concern with such loyalty changes is that it reminds me of last season, when the status quo / alliances changed every goddamn week.

Klaus is either or:

1. Seriously pissed like hell that his family dagered him after centuries of them being his puppets. He really does not care about Hailey and has no problem seeing anyone dead in order to do what's best* for his child. Also, with Dahlia by his side he will be more than invincible. This season has been setting up Klaus assuming himself as a villain since the beginning.

*(What's best is a very big word, but I mean according to him)

2. Playing Dahlia and everyone, since, before he was daggered he knew something about Dahlia that he wasn't sharing.

I'm interested to see how Davina's storyline will unfold. The girl is overdue for a win.

• Love 2

Oh, Hayley. I don't mind if you choose Jackson and the crezzent woofs as your family. But could you maybe not start making out with him in front of Aiden's dead body while the rest of the pack is waiting for the funeral to begin?

While I understand that Jackson wants to know where her loyalties lie because the wolves are in conflict with the vampires, it's still messed up for her husband to ask her to choose between her new family and her old family (and I am saying that based on seeing it happen to people in real life).

But realistically, everything that Hayley said in her message to Elijah is true. Hope is better off with a stable loving father like Jackson who will not put ridiculous expectations on her, treat her like a slave, punish her for the slightest offenses, lecture her about how the entire world is against her/him/them, or think nothing of performing random acts of violence in front of her. We have also seen that Klaus is so afraid of being a bad father that he barely lets himself near Hope. If he keeps that up, she will resent him for being around but not really being there. Jackson, on the other hand, has already been shown to be actively taking on a paternal role with Hope by holding her, changing her diapers, etc.

Davina has been doing her own thing without a coven all season so it will be interesting to see her relationship with the Mikaelsons change one she becomes HWIC. Klaus will expect her to do his bidding but she is going to have so much power that she can just give him one of those awesome witchy vampire headaches and tell him to GTFO. I was so sad when Klaus pulled that dagger out of his chest because Davina and Kol worked so hard to make it!

Poor Josh. My heart just broke for him all over again during his scene with Marcel and again during the funeral.

I laughed and laughed when Dahlia said that what she and Klaus have in common is that their families have made them out to be the villains. Um, no. Klaus has made himself the villain by being a tyrranical bully who daggers his siblings at the drop of a hat. But way to feed his ego and get him on your side, Dahlia!

Interesting that Dahlia claims Freya was out of control with her magic and Vincent wants to give up doing magic altogether because it's too dangerous. Hopefully it doesn't become too dangerous for Davina once she's in charge. But please no "magic is crack" Willow storyline for Davina please!

Although Jackson definitely has Elijah's number re: Hayley, it's interesting that he finally decided to bring it up tonight.

When Dahlia said that she has to help Hope because she will have magic plus Klaus's vampire and hybrid traits, I thought what about his homicidal megalomaniac traits? I think those are even worse than his vampire or hybrid traits! If she gets his temper, his paranoia, and his sense of entitlement PLUS magic, she will be burning cities to the ground because the waitress brought her a cheeseburger that wasn't to her liking.

In that last scene, I could see Klaus beginning to get himself all worked up in a lather about how Hayley and his siblings have betrayed him. He is such a hypocrite and refuses to see that EVERYONE is doing what they think is best for Hope. Only he is allowed to make those decisions though, damn it! When other people make decisions, he only views it as flagrantly defying him. More eyerolls.

• Love 4

ITA with Electric Boogaloo's post just above this one.

I will add:

There is no way Klaus is actually going through with Dahlia's plan because he didn't think of it. I'm still Team Dahlia because, hello, Claudia Black!

Stop teasing us (ok, me) with "I have no problem with taking out Hayley to get to Hope." Do. It.

Poor Josh. ((hugs))

Thank Gawd! A Vincent sighting! May he return to assist Davina when she's voted HWIC by the covens and in bringing Kol back. (crosses fingers)

• Love 2

Sweet baby Jesus do I love Claudia Black as Dahlia…. And I guess we can add a new family member Klaus has oodles of chemistry with. 
I think I could be convinced to watch an entire series of the two of them tramping through the woods talking.

Dahlia certainly is a smart cookie, she knew exactly where to hit Klaus. “ Family only has brought me pain, I want power” and  “ If you unite with me no one will ever challenge us”…. She played him like a fiddle.  Having said that I almost wish she was being truthful and we could send Hope away with her and be done with this baby storyline.  I am so tired of watching Hayley tote around that creepy doll thing.  However I agree with most people saying (disappointingly)Klaus is playing a long con with Dahlia.

While I don’t believe Klaus “never cared for Hayley” I did laugh out loud at the line and thought “Don’t worry buddy most of your viewership says the exact same thing weekly.”   
I’m still not sure if I dislike the whole werewolf storyline or I just don’t find Hayley all that believable in the role of “Queen”…… regardless of how many people remind me she is the crescent woofs queen.  

Call me crazy but I kinda liked Cami and Vincent, although to be fair I always love Vincent the other came as  shock.  

…. And Charles Michael Davis, might I just say…. “ How YOU doing?”

• Love 1

The writers have been really consistent with the characterization on this show.  Esther as a youngster was just as awful a human being as adult-Esther.  Hopefully when Davina gets her resurrection spell working, they can bring Esther back and kill her, over and over and over again.  Granted, the flashback was from Dahlia's POV so it might not have been objective, but it sure fits with everything else we've seen of Esther.

My only real complaint about the episode was the camera work.  It's obviously shot for wide scren format, and the director of photography was feeling artsy, having people off-center during dialog scenes.  Unfortunately, when they crop it for 4x3 it tend to have people off the edge of the screen.  It's very distracting to just see on side of Marcel's face or the back of Elijah's head while they are speaking.  (Yes, I know, I need a new TV).

He offers her to become the leader of the 9 covens (as a successor to Josephine LaRue), since A) he doesn't want to do it, B) it would give her enough power to do Kol's resurrection spel, C) Kole is coming back y'all!

Cut to the bayou, where Aiden is being buried. Josh is there and he kisses him goodbye before they send him down the river. The camera pans to Hailey and Jackson holding hands and a VO starts by Hailey, leaving a message to Elijah on his phone, that she has decided to stay with the wolves for good. She thinks it's better for Hope not to grow up among the Mikealsons and their drama (and Klaus and his 1000 enemies). And goodbye.

Klaus listens to the message from the other room, as Elijah and Rebecca say that Hailey is right. He goes to Dahlia and takes the deal, telling her he never cared about Hailey in the first place but his "brothers and sisters will stand in our way". Dahlia's like "Ah well we'll just have to get through them", and Klaus of course is like "THEY HAVE EARNED EVERYTHING THAT WILL COME THEIR WAY".

Thank you for the recap!

Oh, Hayley. I don't mind if you choose Jackson and the crezzent woofs as your family. But could you maybe not start making out with him in front of Aiden's dead body while the rest of the pack is waiting for the funeral to begin?

While I understand that Jackson wants to know where her loyalties lie because the wolves are in conflict with the vampires, it's still messed up for her husband to ask her to choose between her new family and her old family (and I am saying that based on seeing it happen to people in real life).

But realistically, everything that Hayley said in her message to Elijah is true. Hope is better off with a stable loving father like Jackson who will not put ridiculous expectations on her, treat her like a slave, punish her for the slightest offenses, lecture her about how the entire world is against her/him/them, or think nothing of performing random acts of violence in front of her. We have also seen that Klaus is so afraid of being a bad father that he barely lets himself near Hope. If he keeps that up, she will resent him for being around but not really being there. Jackson, on the other hand, has already been shown to be actively taking on a paternal role with Hope by holding her, changing her diapers, etc.

Davina has been doing her own thing without a coven all season so it will be interesting to see her relationship with the Mikaelsons change one she becomes HWIC. Klaus will expect her to do his bidding but she is going to have so much power that she can just give him one of those awesome witchy vampire headaches and tell him to GTFO. I was so sad when Klaus pulled that dagger out of his chest because Davina and Kol worked so hard to make it!

Poor Josh. My heart just broke for him all over again during his scene with Marcel and again during the funeral.

I laughed and laughed when Dahlia said that what she and Klaus have in common is that their families have made them out to be the villains. Um, no. Klaus has made himself the villain by being a tyrranical bully who daggers his siblings at the drop of a hat. But way to feed his ego and get him on your side, Dahlia!

Interesting that Dahlia claims Freya was out of control with her magic and Vincent wants to give up doing magic altogether because it's too dangerous. Hopefully it doesn't become too dangerous for Davina once she's in charge. But please no "magic is crack" Willow storyline for Davina please!

Although Jackson definitely has Elijah's number re: Hayley, it's interesting that he finally decided to bring it up tonight.

When Dahlia said that she has to help Hope because she will have magic plus Klaus's vampire and hybrid traits, I thought what about his homicidal megalomaniac traits? I think those are even worse than his vampire or hybrid traits! If she gets his temper, his paranoia, and his sense of entitlement PLUS magic, she will be burning cities to the ground because the waitress brought her a cheeseburger that wasn't to her liking.

In that last scene, I could see Klaus beginning to get himself all worked up in a lather about how Hayley and his siblings have betrayed him. He is such a hypocrite and refuses to see that EVERYONE is doing what they think is best for Hope. Only he is allowed to make those decisions though, damn it! When other people make decisions, he only views it as flagrantly defying him. More eyerolls.

dont u thnk it is kind of selfish to take the baby away from people who fought for her from the begining, put their lives at stake and really cared about her, and lets not forget about the wolves who had no problem allying with esther for moonlight rings. and klaus has never been a hypocrite. bad guy , yes, the one who did all the dirty work in order to keep his family safe, yes, overprotective and posessive, yes, but he never even once denied being a monster. dont forget original family is not a regu'ar family, people were after them, and only klaus' ruthlesness and cruelty towards his enemies were the only reason they survived for so long. lets just agree that his siblings are not very bright. rebecca almost got them killed multiple times, for guys who never cared about her, elijah got daggered without klaus and kol and finn got themselves killed, if u look at it this way i think klaus' methods were the best way to keep his family alive. and yes elijah was always perfectly fine with klaus daggering his siblings, helped him even, but klaus dont call himself a noble one. the whole family is screwed i dont know why klaus gets all the blame for it. and yes, they have no right to deny him that baby, since elijah was the one who drag him into that, and yes, after talking about his redemption all season, after the fact that klaus did all he could to get his siblings out of trouble, especially for rebecca and now they perfectly fine with daggering him even though he will never see his daughter to grow up???

Dahlia is amazing, I love her for playing Klaus so hard, but she don't know shit about just how hard Klaus can play. Plus D wants to eliminate Haley, she's a QUEEN. What was so wonderful about their mind trip together was that I believe Dahlia thinks she's saving the first borns from their own power, from the pain of trusting family, even as she's so desperate to recreate family in snatching them away. Someone thinks Klaus and Freya are a like but I see it far more in Dahlia wanting family beholden to her via fear/hate, rather than fickle untrustworthy love. And of course I don't think Klaus gives one fuck about Haley, but given his deep manifold trust issues there's no way he's for real about allying with Dahlia, or conceding hope to life under her domain.

Sigh Elijah was indeed the BAMFIEST BAMF in BAMF ville in this episode. Using Freya as the decoy to ensure she's playing fair, getting all bitchy with the wolves. I love him long time.

Finally my poor mourning Davina, I love that she listen's to Kol's old records from the 20's and 30's while trying to resurrect him, and I am anxious for her to be bad ass witch leader and attain the power of Necromancy, hopefully that includes the power to get Kol back in the very pretty body of Daniel Sharman, because sorry toots other wise I don't care! Also happy to see Vincent I liked the dynamic of Marcel/Bex/Cami/Davina/Vincent doing their witchy woo. As meh as I am about Cami generally I do appreciate her as the human anchor to the cast, in much the same way Matt Donavan anchors TVD, she does function nicely as the one who can cut through the supernatural bullshit drama of these creatures.

Wolves. Snore Though clearly Hope is better off being raised in isolation of Klaus, but like Elena being Doppleganger she's damn lightening rod onto herself that Dahlia (and other Supes I'm sure) will always zoom in on, and while sure she'll been in danger because of Klaus et al, she'll probably also be in danger just cause she is a "trybrid", especially since I think Dahlia was being truthful about the power vortex that will develop as she grows.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 4

Ugh this is really setting me over the edge with Hayley. Is Klaus a piece of shit? Yes. Is this new information? Nope. Hayley knew from the jump what the Mikaelsons and Klaus in particular were about. Klaus never ever lied to her about who/what he was. The time to bail was episode one when he didn't believe the baby was his. Now that he has invested and loved Hope, it is way too late to be all "Klaus is dangerous". Hayley was a willing participant every step of the way. The only person that can cut Hope's father out of her life is Hope's father. I think Elijah and Beks seriously fucked up here too.

Upside is you can't be the werewolf Queen if they're all dead. Honestly if I was a wolf that had joined the crescents after the wedding I would've just gone back home at this point. Fuck that.

• Love 4

There is no way Klaus is actually going through with Dahlia's plan because he didn't think of it. I'm still Team Dahlia because, hello, Claudia Black!

Stop teasing us (ok, me) with "I have no problem with taking out Hayley to get to Hope." Do. It.

What's funny is I can totally by that as a reason Klaus wouldn't go through with a plan, even if it made the most sense. 

Sweet baby Jesus do I love Claudia Black as Dahlia…. And I guess we can add a new family member Klaus has oodles of chemistry with. .  

Claudia Black is killing it.  And JM does seem to generate a lot of chemistry with his on screen relatives. 

Sigh Elijah was indeed the BAMFIEST BAMF in BAMF ville in this episode. Using Freya as the decoy to ensure she's playing fair, getting all bitchy with the wolves. I love him long time.

As much as I adored Elijah in this ep (and anytime really when he's not moony over Haley), I had a massive problem with him and Marcel this ep.  The two of them made a decision about Rebekah without discussing it with her.  They decided what was better for her.  I don't know if it's lingering issues from the way Iris is treated on the Flash by the men in her life or what, but I just couldn't with two of the most important men in her life deciding Rebekah was going to sit this one out.  Mind you, I understand their logic and do believe what Marcel pointed out was true.  It was just that it should have been discussed with her not without her.

I do rather agree with Haley trying to find the best method to protect Hope.  I know the Mikelson's adore Hope but they have turned on each other so many times, who's to say they wouldn't eventually turn on Hope at some point? 

How old is Davina?  Isn't she supposed to be in high school and now she's going to be in charge of the nine covens?

I had to lol at Cami asking how long they were going to dagger Klaus.  The siblings have spent more than a millennia between them daggered because of Klaus, a decade or two would be nothing in comparison. 

• Love 1

I loved this episode especially for Dahlia. She is by far the best big bad I've seen and that's in large part to Claudia.  I want her to win and I want Klaus on her side when they kick Haley and Jackson's behind.  I don't care for either one so if it's a two for one sale on them dying so be it. Haley gets to take Hope away like that especially when they are the same awful people willing to die to protect Hope.  So once they do that you say bye-bye and not even to their face.  Isn't she this fearless hybrid queen who isn't afraid and you leave a message on the phone?  Jackson isn't the baby's father when the child has a father.  How can you protect when you couldn't even handle Klaus - Haley had to.  I know Klaus is all kinds of evil and wrong but he still loves his daughter and the way it's dismissed by Haley irritates me. 

• Love 1

Holy Hell, can Klaus possibly be that stupid?!  Nah....he HAS to be playing Dahlia, right?  If all of this was truly about protecting Hope (and originally Freya), why the hell wouldn't Dahlia have mentioned that before NOW!?  For that matter, why wouldn't FREYA have mentioned it.  Or even Esther...."Hey, yeah, I did give away your older sister but it was because she was uber powerful and your auntie Dahlia was the only one who could help her learn to control her magic".  Sorry, Klaus, but if you are buying any of this crap than you are a hell of a lot stupider than I ever gave you credit for.

I was so glad when Elijah jammed that needle into Freya.  I can't believe Elijah and Rebekah were actually falling for her crap.  I think she and Dahlia are in this together, possibly with the deal that Freya goes free when Hope is taken (not that I think Dahlia would hold to her side of that bargain).  I might accept that Freya really is on the run from Dahlia and not in cahoots with her, but I don't think for one second that Freya won't toss Hope into Dahlia's arms if it means she can escape.  Freya has no reason to want to protect Hope.  She doesn't even KNOW her siblings much less her niece.  Why would she risk anything for any of them?  IMO, Freya is in this for Freya and no one else.  She wants HER freedom.  It is inconceivable to me that Elijah and Bex don't see that!

I really can't fault Haley.  In the real world, when a father is disgustingly abusive and negligent, we don't shame the mother for doing what she can to protect the child from the father.  Of course, in the real world, we have cps and court systems, but in the supernatural world, it works a bit differently.  It doesn't really matter if Klaus loves his daughter, he's still a terrible person to have in her life.  Hope is better off without him as a primary guardian.  

And judging by Klaus' face when he heard Haley's message, I think it likely that he realizes this too.  The reason we can stomach Klaus is because he in between all his evil, he does these random loving things.  Like forgiving Rebekah so that Hope had someone to care for and protect her after she was born and all of this after he spent a season being an evil asshole.  I also don't think Klaus is this stupid.  He's always aware when those who are just like him are full of shit.  

• Useful 1

Upside is you can't be the werewolf Queen if they're all dead. Honestly if I was a wolf that had joined the crescents after the wedding I would've just gone back home at this point. Fuck that.

Totally agree with this.

If I was a wolf in this pack I CONSTANTLY would be raising my hand  like "Wait we're doing what? These seem like YOU problems not so much my problems..... Weirdo baby doll or no weirdo baby doll, I'm out!"

• Love 1
In the real world, when a father is disgustingly abusive and negligent, we don't shame the mother for doing what she can to protect the child from the father

But Klaus hasn't been either of those to Hope, maybe a little distant. Last I checked Hayley was just as willing to lie, murder, and betray to get what she wants (there's about 11 shallow wolf graves in Mystic Falls to prove that). If this was about the best parent for Hope she would've left her with Rebekah. Hayley doesn't even have real issues with Klaus, she has them with his enemies, which will still be there. This isn't some great selfless thing she's doing, by deciding she doesn't want to deal with her baby daddy anymore. Also she's not protecting Hope The Mikaelsons but I'm sure her tissue paper wolf army will protect Hope.

• Love 5

But Klaus hasn't been either of those to Hope, maybe a little distant. Last I checked Hayley was just as willing to lie, murder, and betray to get what she wants (there's about 11 shallow wolf graves in Mystic Falls to prove that). If this was about the best parent for Hope she would've left her with Rebekah. Hayley doesn't even have real issues with Klaus, she has them with his enemies, which will still be there. This isn't some great selfless thing she's doing, by deciding she doesn't want to deal with her baby daddy anymore. Also she's not protecting Hope The Mikaelsons but I'm sure her tissue paper wolf army will protect Hope.

amen, finally someone said that. what did he do so bad this season that everyone is so against him and call himabusive. all i have seen so far is the guy who is hell bent on saving his baby , saves his brother, forgives him for killing the love of his life, opens his mind to an enemy to save his sister, offers himself to his mother instead of rebekah to save her, stands by kol when he dies, actually calls him family, offers jackson to come live with him , despite his fear of his daughter calling someone else father, hwlping hayley to overcome her issues with her pack , trusting elijah with his daughter's life, despite the fact that he is not quite himself. have we all been watching the same show. yes, he has anger issues, but his family, aka elijah and rebekah chose to stand by him and believe in him, and his redemtion, as far as i remember noone forsed them to. and now they think he is too evil to raise his own child? thats why i will always defend klaus. and btw, phoebe is a terrible actress, very beutiful yes, but sometimes her scenes are just too painful to watch

But Klaus hasn't been either of those to Hope, maybe a little distant. Last I checked Hayley was just as willing to lie, murder, and betray to get what she wants (there's about 11 shallow wolf graves in Mystic Falls to prove that). If this was about the best parent for Hope she would've left her with Rebekah.

Amen to this!  Hayley is no saint and, while I see her point about Klaus' enemies, the Originals are STILL the best choice for keeping Hope safe.  Her werewolves get their asses kicked regularly.  How exactly does she think that they are going to keep Hope safe?  I know SHE is a badass hybrid, but she is one person.  Were I in her position, I would be seeking safety with the FAMILY of badass vampires to keep my child safe.

• Love 2

I found this episode tedious and dull and I'm not really sure why. I guess maybe it just felt more like a place-setting episode, gearing up for the finale, than something that could stand on its own. But also, I don't feel particularly engaged by any of the relationships right now, and that is the strong point of The Originals for me so it just feels like treading water. This episode felt like it hinged on a few things: 

1) belief or interest in Jackson/Hayley and their pack. No.

2) concern about the special love between Elijah/Hayley. No.

3) belief or interest in Cami/Klaus. HAHA NO.

4) interest in Freya/Dahlia's true motives. Ehhhhhh, not so much.

5) desire to see Round 6,193 in Klaus feels betrayed by his family and acts out. Seriously no.

It's a bit of a bummer, because all the things I did love about this season--Kolvina (nuKol in general), Josh/Aiden, nuFinn, Gia/Elijah, Mikaelsons coming together to protect Hope and each other--seem to have fallen by the wayside in the last few eps. And now it just feels like a retread of emotional beats of last season and their time on TVD. I hope it picks up again by end of season, but I don't know that they have time to address the (boring) conflicts already in play and also get back into the stuff I care about on the show.

• Love 1

I know Hayley's excuse for taking Hope away was because she was afraid of the Mikaelson's enemies. but....wouldn't her pack have enemies as well? Wasn't the reason the Crescent wolves were cursed in the first place because they basically had "killing parties" in order to trigger their wolf half? I remember Diego (Marcel's vamp from last season) particularly hating them because they killed his entire family. So...who's to say they don't have enemies themselves?

And while Jackson (and Hayley too) like to play like he's a saint...pretty sure he's killed a few someones. And the way they were talking about triggering their curse in such a weirdly upbeat way (mind you, they're talking about murder here) how exactly are they better roll models for Hope? Klaus can actually teach her how to survive, and while he may have enemies...he's also pretty good at making allies. What exactly can those two do? Camp?

• Love 2

Klaus can actually teach her how to survive, and while he may have enemies...he's also pretty good at making allies. What exactly can those two do? Camp?

*snort*  Ok, I found that funnier than I should have....might be the cold medicine.  :) 

• Love 1
(edited)
klaus has never been a hypocrite. bad guy , yes, the one who did all the dirty work in order to keep his family safe, yes, overprotective and posessive, yes, but he never even once denied being a monster. dont forget original family is not a regu'ar family, people were after them, and only klaus' ruthlesness and cruelty towards his enemies were the only reason they survived for so long.

Klaus's modus operandi is "do as I say, not as I do," which is the very definition of a hypocrite. He is allowed to dagger his siblings but they aren't allowed to dagger him. He is allowed to do whatever he wants but he expects everyone to do his bidding. And keep in mind that in this episode, he told Dahlia that no matter how sad her sob story/past was, it didn't excuse her behavior - this coming from the same person who uses his "Mikael didn't love me! Esther lied to me about my parentage and kept me from my real father!" excuse to justify a good deal of his behavior.

I won't get into his ruthlessness and cruelty towards his enemies, but how often is that same ruthlessness and cruelty directed towards his siblings? He daggered Rebekah for 52 years just for falling in love with Marcel. After he finally undaggered her, she got less than 40 years of living before she fell in love with Stefan and then Klaus daggered her AGAIN, this time for 90 years. In the past 179 years, she has spent 142 of them daggered in a box because Klaus didn't want her to have a boyfriend. He also killed her boyfriend Emil in the 20s just because. All of that is way beyond overprotective. That's being an abusive control freak who won't allow his sister to love anyone else (never mind the fact that Klaus is allowed to screw around with whoever he wants because again, he's a hypocrite).

Just because he admits he is a monster or doesn't deny that he's a monster doesn't make it okay. He is emotionally manipulative and abusive, but telling his siblings, "Of course I'm a dick," doesn't excuse actually being a dick. It just means he is aware that he is a dick but makes no effort to stop being a dick.

As for Klaus being the reason the family has survived so long, several times he has been the one on a murderous rampage which draws attention to their family, allowing Mikael or their other enemies to find him. If he would stop killing massive amounts of people just for funsies, then he wouldn't need all of these overly complicated plans to keep his family safe.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

If that were my baby that Hayley were stealing, I would be out for her blood. I'd be fantasizing about tearing her limb from limb, stabbing her through the throat, tearing out her heart. Klaus is murderous and bloodthirsty and literally does those things all the time! So I don't have ANY problem with Klaus killing her for this (or at least trying to). I mean, I find her boring and and wish she'd just die/get off the show already anyway. But right now in particular -- she's kidnapping his child, of course he's going to freak out and he's going to HATE her for this. Who wouldn't freak out? Who wouldn't hate someone who tries to steal his child away from him forever?!

Dahlia said that Hope is the only child that Hayley will ever have, so of course she's going to be especially attached to her. Well, she's the only child that Klaus (or the rest of the Mikaelsons!) will have, too. And even if she weren't, she's Klaus's daughter and the rest of the Mikaelsons are raising her as their own, too. I just don't understand how Hayley thinks this is an option.

• Love 3

Klaus's modus operandi is "do as I say, not as I do," which is the very definition of a hypocrite. He is allowed to dagger his siblings but they aren't allowed to dagger him. He is allowed to do whatever he wants but he expects everyone to do his bidding. And keep in mind that in this episode, he told Dahlia that no matter how sad her sob story/past was, it didn't excuse her behavior - this coming from the same person who uses his "Mikael didn't love me! Esther lied to me about my parentage and kept me from my real father!" excuse to justify a good deal of his behavior.

I won't get into his ruthlessness and cruelty towards his enemies, but how often is that same ruthlessness and cruelty directed towards his siblings? He daggered Rebekah for 52 years just for falling in love with Marcel. After he finally undaggered her, she got less than 40 years of living before she fell in love with Stefan and then Klaus daggered her AGAIN, this time for 90 years. In the past 179 years, she has spent 142 of them daggered in a box because Klaus didn't want her to have a boyfriend. He also killed her boyfriend Emil in the 20s just because. All of that is way beyond overprotective. That's being an abusive control freak who won't allow his sister to love anyone else (never mind the fact that Klaus is allowed to screw around with whoever he wants because again, he's a hypocrite).

Just because he admits he is a monster or doesn't deny that he's a monster doesn't make it okay. He is emotionally manipulative and abusive, but telling his siblings, "Of course I'm a dick," doesn't excuse actually being a dick. It just means he is aware that he is a dick but makes no effort to stop being a dick.

As for Klaus being the reason the family has survived so long, several times he has been the one on a murderous rampage which draws attention to their family, allowing Mikael or their other enemies to find him. If he would stop killing massive amounts of people just for funsies, then he wouldn't need all of these overly complicated plans to keep his family safe.

Oh come on, rebecca falls in love with every guy, it is not like he killed the only guy she actually loved. He was ok with alexander,even dined with him, until they all got daggered because of rebecca's stupidity and he had to suffer hunter's curse for 52 years. And he gave marcel a chance to prove his love for his sister. he could have chosen to be with her instead of being a vampire, he could have chosen to run with them when mikael came, he could have chosen to leave with her when klaus were after them. not even once he chose her over something, so i guess klaus wasn't that wrong when he didn't let them to be together.He was ok with stefan until she chose the guy who didn't care about her over klaus, plus stefan would attract too much attentiom to them anyways and get her killed by mikael. and do u think if his siblings had a dagger that would work on him they wouldn't use it on him. rebekah didnt need many reasons to turn against her brother, summon mikael, use marcel's army , ally with davina. the same thing with elijah , at least klaus never tried to actually kill him. And yes, klaus talks about his terrible childhood, but never with his victims, as far as i remember, only with his family, especially ester and mikael.I dont remember klaus explaining to people, he is trying to kill, that he is doing that, because his daddy was cruel. dahlia was trying to steal his baby. he didn't need to see sad stories from her past. my point is that they all are killers, even hayley who lead 12 hybrids, supposedly her friends to death, they all did terrible things, but for some reason klaus is always the monster. and look as soon as they had that dagger they used it on klaus, even though he was the only one thinking rationally about not trusting freya. Edited by monica1992
  • Love 2

I feel like I've stumbled onto a fan fiction website rather than a tv show discussion forum.  Hilariously, just the other day I was browsing a real fan fiction site and concluded there were not nearly enough The Originals fan fiction.  

Edited by bluebonnet
  • Love 2

Oh come on, rebecca falls in love with every guy, it is not like he killed the only guy she actually loved. He was ok with alexander,even dined with him, until they all got daggered because of rebecca's stupidity and he had to suffer hunter's curse for 52 years. And he gave marcel a chance to prove his love for his sister. he could have chosen to be with her instead of being a vampire, he could have chosen to run with them when mikael came, he could have chosen to leave with her when klaus were after them. not even once he chose her over something, so i guess klaus wasn't that wrong when he didn't let them to be together.He was ok with stefan until she chose the guy who didn't care about her over klaus, plus stefan would attract too much attentiom to them anyways and get her killed by mikael. and do u think if his siblings had a dagger that would work on him they wouldn't use it on him. rebekah didnt need many reasons to turn against her brother, summon mikael, use marcel's army , ally with davina. the same thing with elijah , at least klaus never tried to actually kill him. And yes, klaus talks about his terrible childhood, but never with his victims, as far as i remember, only with his family, especially ester and mikael.I dont remember klaus explaining to people, he is trying to kill, that he is doing that, because his daddy was cruel. dahlia was trying to steal his baby. he didn't need to see sad stories from her past. my point is that they all are killers, even hayley who lead 12 hybrids, supposedly her friends to death, they all did terrible things, but for some reason klaus is always the monster. and look as soon as they had that dagger they used it on klaus, even though he was the only one thinking rationally about not trusting freya.

I'm actually gonna answer this in the Klaus Mikaelson thread :)

Hayley's right, Hope being around the Mikalesons isn't going to be good for her. They had to send her out of town and fake her death seconds after being born.

• Elijah just daggered Klaus
  • Dalia is after Hope
  • Rebeckha did nothing to stop him
  • Klaus is after Haley. 
  • Finn was trying to kill them
  • They were fighting Kol
  • Freya's a loose cannon after Klaus and using the baby. 

Klaus daggers everyone. I love the family, but an innocent baby growing up they are the worst to be around. She'd be kidnapped and used as bait/leverage/all the time. Klaus is so about Klaus that he can't put Hope first at all like a parent would, instead his decision is to kill Hayley so he can hold onto Hope as a piece of property so she won't call Jackson daddy. 

Jackson's way is right. He can bring a lot more love and stability to Hope. He's perfect to her and Hayley, which makes me scared he'll be next to go. I hope he doesn't. He and Hope are adorable together and he makes Hayley tolerable. Jackson just  knows how to be Hope's parent, unlike Klaus. Although he's a werewolf he's got the most human traits of love, loyalty, and honor.

The funeral was so sad, loved Josh being able to attend. He seems to fit more with the pack than his own people.

Oh please. Hope is a powerful little witch. What exactly does Hayley know about being a witch. Nothing! How can she help her daughter when she starts to do magic. She can't. Hope needs her Mikaelson family. Jackson is NOT Hope's father. He does not get a say in anything. If it wasn't for the fact that Klaus is Hope's father, Hayley won't have been sired by Hope and those damned wolves will still be betraying each other for daylight rings. They all owe their super werewolf genes not to Hayley but to Hope and indirectly to Klaus. ungrateful dogs! And how far do they really think they can run. Do they truly believe that Klaus if not Dahlia will not stop hunting them? Is that the life they want for Hope? A life on the run? Please. As for Klaus daggering his siblings, I'm pretty sure he was just about done with that.

(edited)

As for Klaus daggering his siblings, I'm pretty sure he was just about done with that.

I'm pretty sure that Klaus will never be done daggering his siblings. He's just taking a short break right now because Finn and Kol are dead and Rebekah is in a witch's body, but never fear, he will dagger a sibling again sooner or later.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure that Klaus will never be done daggering his siblings. He's just taking a short break right now because Finn and Kol are dead and Rebekah is in a witch's body, but never fear, he will dagger a sibling again sooner or later.

what has he done towards them this season that they have to dagger him????

what has he done towards them this season that they have to dagger him????

Personally, if my brother had put me on ice for decades at a time over a span of 1000 years, the fact that he hadn't done anything to piss me off in the last few months wouldn't keep me from wanting to give him a taste of his own medicine....but that could just be me.  :)

• Love 2

Well, I believe their reasoning for this particular daggering was the fact that Klaus was running all over NO like a hotheaded psycho, claiming that he had a plan to bring down their enemy without bothering to explain any part of said plan to the people who were supposed to just fall in line because he snapped his fingers and cried about how they all see him as the villain. In other words, he was a tad unstable and they were worried what he might do if left to his own devices.

• Love 2

Well, I believe their reasoning for this particular daggering was the fact that Klaus was running all over NO like a hotheaded psycho, claiming that he had a plan to bring down their enemy without bothering to explain any part of said plan to the people who were supposed to just fall in line because he snapped his fingers and cried about how they all see him as the villain. In other words, he was a tad unstable and they were worried what he might do if left to his own devices.

he never said they were supposed to just fall in line. he gave elijah choice, he said that he would tell him the plan if he forsaked freya. it was elijah who trusted sister, who they just met after she spent 1000 years with dahlia. and btw wasn't it freya who led finn to that house with hope where finn almost killed her
(edited)

Wow, Esther was THE worst ever. "Mikael will protect me now". And how about your sister? Does this arrangement extend to her or do you not just give a shit how she fares in captivity? I felt really bad for Dahlia here.

I also had to laugh because I figured she would like Klaus best for, ironically, not having "dirty viking blood" in his veins and then in the end she went and verbalized exactly that.

Hailey`s plan is stupid. Yes, in theory it all makes sense and Jackson is good with the baby but it`s not like people will care that Klaus Mikaelson`s daughter isn`t raised by Klaus Mikaelson. If his enemies want to come after the baby, then they will, no matter where she is. And that wolf pack is about as good a protection against the kind of enemies the Mikalsons draw as a bright orange beach ball. Dahlia could snap their necks instantly. 

Also, the wolves are just not compelling on the show. Hailey is a bla-bla character and simply doesn`t have the markings of a queen. And Jackson`s defining characteristic is that he is a nice guy. Which makes for a bland TV character. Hope could probably snap their necks if she has fits like Freya did.

Edited by Aeryn13

Actually, their problem with him wasn't that he was running around like a psycho....it was the exact opposite actually. Not verbatim, but Rebecca (and Elijah) all but complained about how Klaus did nothing but paint all day and refused to let them in on his plan. When, in fact, he told them both that he would let them in on his plan if they weren't so hellbent on including Freya in everything because she wasn't to be trusted. And oh my, look at that, he was actually right.

Most people's problem with them daggering Klaus (or mine at least, as someone who's never been a huge Klaus fan) was the timing. You don't just take someone out of commission seconds before a big bad witch is meant to show up and snatch their child. That actually makes negative sense. Not only are they going to be hella pissed, if anything happens to said child while they are out, you can all but stick your head between your legs and kiss your ass goodbye. Hayley and Jackson's plan to hide out in the bayou has already been shown to be lame. Not only has Dahlia effectively trapped them with her storm (meaning she already knows where the hell they are ---how are you going to be bayou dwelling wolves and yet think your enemy isn't going to think to look for you in the damn bayou?!?! I'm still not over this) but she ends up finding them next episode. We already know that she can take out the pack whilst filing her nails?! Like....the dumb has been stron with everyone these last few episodes!! Why the hell am I siding with Klaus?!?! KLAUS!

I fully admit to only half watching, but I was under the impression that they daggered him while still believing that he had ripped Aiden's heart out to send a message to everyone that he would not tolerate dissent. Wasn't it after he was daggered that Cami revealed what he said to her about not having killed Aiden? So, in their minds, he has been taking out his anger in unproductive ways and acting unstable since Dahlia came to town. I would rewatch to verify, but I deleted it already.

Not that I agree with their plan. It is less than intelligent to take out your strongest fighter on the eve of your battle with the big bad. But I can kind of understand their thinking, even if I don't agree with it. Freya may be sketchy as hell, but she is also someone they need on their side because she is a powerful witch. For Klaus to demand they forsake her with no explanation of how they will win without her is asking them to take a giant leap of faith.

something (after inhaling two seasons in a month) that came up. 

why would this be Haley's last child? Like. Klaus fathered the baby, which means he's capable of having children. as a hybrid. Haley is now a hybrid. She should in theory, be able to have more babies. There was no magical mumbojumbo that allowed Hope to conceive, just lots of sex. (now, Klaus should be smacked by doing it with Hayley but hey.)

Edited by Daisy