Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

One picture with the bag, one without. The outfit is awful regardless of the setting.

'When you know you've made the wrong choice in a guy you look, you do some introspective work, and you try not to make the same mistake.' 

Too late.

• Love 1
(edited)

Interesting about Sal....he just takes the subjects, yet not what they actually mean, to heart. Not a very critical thinker like his soon to be ex.

And YIKES Former Nun - the fuzzy pits!.

I've verified my twitter account for user name and password and still can't see replies after clicking on reply. Am I misunderstanding (as often is the case)? I've only sent one tweet.....to EH after asking Obama "WHERE ARE THE JOBS??!!" - I replied "if you care so much about American jobs why are your clothes made in China?"

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

My Mom asked what I was reading earlier that had me chuckling and I told her it was a thread about Sherri from The Spew. She then proceeded to say many things about her that have been said in this thread and she doesn't even watch all the time. When she comments about how annoying someone is it kind of cements the fact for me. I told her Star had guest hosted recently and she commented that she hoped that Star had a talk with her but if she did that Sherri obviously didn't listen.

(edited)

UGH! I noticed her disgusting pits right away. I am so sick to death of seeing her armpits. Does she ever wear any shirts or dresses with sleeves, even short sleeves? Never in my life have I seen someone wear so many sleeveless outfits.

I agree that her outfit for the  Broadway show was a disaster for anywhere, but especially to a show, and on opening night, no less, where she knew she was walking the red carpet and would have her photo taken. I hate that outfit, hate the huge fugly bag, hate the horrible short blond wig, and really hate the ever present armpits. Not a good look at all!

Btw, I just checked her Twitter and I see after not tweeting since she said, "Goodnight. See you soon..." last Sunday night, she returned to Twitter by Thursday. She did two tweets Thursday night pimping her wig line. That was followed by one tweet Friday and one on Saturday, both promoting her upcoming gig as MC of some event at Essence Fest 2014 in New Orleans. Apparently, she finally listened to someone's advice to just use Twitter as a marketing tool and leave the personal stuff out of it.

By the way, it looks like a bunch of posts from the last couple of days have been deleted from this page. I know one of them was a pic I posted of her dreadful straight/curly, blond/brown combo wig. I don't think my post or any of the other posts I saw on this page violated the general rules or the Mod admonition at the top of this page.

ETA: Ellie, I hadn't seen your post yet when I typed my rant about the arm pits. Yes, I agree, it's her signature look for some reason.

Edited by LuckyBitch

Unfortunately it is just not the fuzzy pits for Sherri - but also that that wad of fat that shifts under her armpits that she can't seem to control by tailoring or her exercise routine.

She is in for a rude awaking that it only gets worse with age along with muscle  and no point in showing those problems off at this stage in her life.

Fashion seems to dictate Sherri rather than Sherri dictate the fashion she can wear....which does not, imo, mean not mean not being fashionable. Style can be important on national tv or one can say, like Whoopi - screw it. Which is also fine with me.

• Love 3

By the way, it looks like a bunch of posts from the last couple of days have been deleted from this page. I know one of them was a pic I posted of her dreadful straight/curly, blond/brown combo wig. I don't think my post or any of the other posts I saw on this page violated the general rules or the Mod admonition at the top of this page.

There was a comment made about her that day which wasn't appropriate so your pic and most posts about her wig/outfit from that episode went away with the inappropriate one.

I've verified my twitter account for user name and password and still can't see replies after clicking on reply. Am I misunderstanding (as often is the case)? I've only sent one tweet.....to EH after asking Obama "WHERE ARE THE JOBS??!!" - I replied "if you care so much about American jobs why are your clothes made in China?"

Twitter has 4 tabs.... Home... Notifications.. Discover and ME

Home is where all people you follow... their tweets are posted.....

Notifications is where tweets that respond to you.... favorites... retweets and follows... if somoeone does any of those to your tweet you are notified

Discover Im really not sure what it is.... I dont use it

Me is all of your posts and retweets are listed there.... under the tweets and replies tab is that list

If you see a post that you agree with.... dont be shy about following them

Oh and that is a great post to Elisabeth.... she has never responded to me  hahaha

Thanks Roger....as helpful as ever. EH never responded to my tweet either, lol.

I am still confused because that one tweet to EH is years old and I never used twitter again....and can't see replies anymore (as I use to be able to). But recently changed where I couldn't. Tried the ME etc....not working. Or could it be you have to follow someone to see replies?

(edited)

There was a comment made about her that day which wasn't appropriate so your pic and most posts about her wig/outfit from that episode went away with the inappropriate one.

Thanks, Jaded. I missed the inappropriate posts a few days ago. When I came here, I think they had already been deleted and I only saw the Mod warning on the night of the 18th.

But, please forgive my mistake about missing posts. I just realized the reason for my confusion earlier. I signed on and came to this page (page 11), where I had left off yesterday. When I saw the Mod warning at the top of the page and it was dated the 18th but the post right after that was from just this morning (the 21st) I thought, "Whoa, where did all the posts from the 19th and 20th go and why were they deleted?". Duh, I just now realized that the Mod warning has been stickied to the top of every page in this thread. So, nothing (including my post with Sherri's wig photo) has been deleted since that warning (as far as I can tell). The posts that I thought were missing are all on pages 9 and 10.

And, no, I haven't been drinking, lol. Just tired from a long, hot day. Apologies to everyone, especially the Mods!

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

I presume someone told Sherri that it was unflattering for her to go sleeveless so now she almost always goes sleeveless just out of spite?  I remember someone getting very indignant at the idea that Sherri should cover up her arms.  I understand that from a body shaming kind of way, and “all women's bodies are beautiful” politically correct kind of way.  But Sherri LOVES the camera (not that the camera loves her) and that armpit photo is awful.  In every picture she is sleeveless.  Wouldn’t she wear sleeves sometimes, just accidentally wear them if nothing else?  Why is that her signature look?  Isn't there already enough Sherri to visually feast on? 

Shrug. I got really tired of seeing Elisabitch going sleeveless too.

• Love 1

Congrats to Sheri for losing weight. But I fail to understand why women who have portly arms insist on wearing sleeveless dresses and shirts. It doesn't look nice, it's unflattering, and they have these folds…It's just unsightly. Especially when they try to act like sexy babes. No. It's not working for you, mama.

• Love 2

Shrug. I got really tired of seeing Elisabitch going sleeveless too.

EH still loves to go sleeveless, even on freezing cold winter days. Yes, I sometimes like to torture myself by flipping to Fox News in the morning just to see how she looks. Within minutes, it gets me so aggravated, the blood pressure rises, and I'm awake for the day. My gawd, she's just awful, worse then ever. How anyone can take that shrill, annoying voice early in the morning  is beyond me. Oh, and besides the sleeveless look, her dresses are usually so short it's ridiculous. Don't even get me started on how she poses all the time, and how fake and phony she is. Also, she can't speak without reading from the teleprompter. Any time she speaks on her own, it's all, "Um....Uh...." etc. Say what you will about the two guys she co-hosts with, but they hardly ever say "um or "uh", nor does anyone else I've seen on there.

I'd bettter stop before I go too far off topic, (I know, too late for that, oops). Lately, I've talked back to the TV so much, that I've wondered if starting a thread for former co-hosts would be a good idea. We could discuss not just EH, but anything we see or hear about any of the former co-hosts.

Getting back to Sherri and the sleeveless issue, as much as EH wears sleeveless dresses, I have to say that even she doesn't do it as often as Sherri does. Like Ellie said above, Sherri has apparently decided to make sleeveless her signature look. Just one of her many, many bad decisions.

Lately, I've talked back to the TV so much, that I've wondered if starting a thread for former co-hosts would be a good idea. We could discuss not just EH, but anything we see or hear about any of the former co-hosts.

That's a great idea that I think should be implemented. 

• Love 4

You guys are welcome to start new threads on your own.  If you need help, just give me a PM or a ping.

let me assure you all that I am NOT Mary Lou Breen OR Sal (god forbid!) or even female!

Not to worrry... "Ellie" who posts here has had at least one of her comments lifted by Mary Lou Breen and placed on Sherri's twitter. We will probably never know who this Mary Lou Breen is but it certainly appears to be a pro-Sal / anti-Sherri twitter user.

It is frustrating to have comments posted here in context just copied and pasted willy nilly on another forum or on a twitter users comments as if they are original to that person.

• Love 4

Lately, I've talked back to the TV so much, that I've wondered if starting a thread for former co-hosts would be a good idea. We could discuss not just EH, but anything we see or hear about any of the former co-hosts.

That's a great idea that I think should be implemented. 

Just wanted to update and say I started that thread.

• Love 1

I think Mary Lou Breen is an alias for a twitter user that tweeted to Sherri constantly. Those tweets were rude and I think uncalled for. I am sure that account was blocked and now this is the new one. That twitter user was on twop but I don't know if they are here. The Breen account started when the other account stopped. If they are on here, they are using a new name.

• Love 2

You guys are welcome to start new threads on your own.  If you need help, just give me a PM or a ping.

Thanks, CuriousParker.

Just wanted to update and say I started that thread.

Jaded, thanks for starting the thread. Now I'll  have somewhere to rant the next time I make the mistake of tuning in to EH on Fox. My dogs will appreciate not hearing my tirade.

(edited)

Okay so Sherri is wearing an attractive long-sleeved dress this morning but her lips won't stop flapping.  The first segment was a blood-bath of everyone talking over each other with Whoopi interrupting & not "finding her words".  A TOTAL shit-show so far.

Can't wait for Bill Maher!

ETA:  As usual, they managed to cut him off from making ANY point.  Shit-show!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 1

This past week I checked out The View's and Sherri's Facebook pages, and the criticism toward the sleeveless tops and the resulting fat there were quite numerous.  Was it only a lucky break that she wore sleeves today?  I sure hope not since no sleeves with those huge breasts is distracting.  Maybe though that's a good thing - hee!

Why can't Sherri see exactly HOW much better she looks with sleeves, it's like she has a total mental block & sees what she wants to see, she looked so much better today. Did I actually just type/say that!!

(edited)

I posted this in the former host thread but it also applies here since Sherri is still a co-host,

Instead of the bridezilla that Star morphed into it seems like Sherri is a divorcezilla...

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Maybe Sherri is someone who thinks she looks sexy showing skin.  She is always wearing sleeveless tops and short shorts and skirts.  I'm not saying she should be covered head to toe but sometimes showing less looks better.  As much as I despised Elisabeth she had the figure to wear the clothes she wore.  Sherri does not  have the body to wear most of the outfits she chooses.  She doesn't need to wear baggy tents like Whoopi but there should be somewhere in between that and the tight clothes  that Jenny wears.

• Love 4

....but there should be somewhere in between that and the tight clothes  that Jenny wears.

I always think Jenny looks really good & dresses for her age & body.  It's when she opens her mouth that I have a problem with her.  LOL.

• Love 4

I always think Jenny looks really good & dresses for her age & body.  It's when she opens her mouth that I have a problem with her.  LOL

I think Jenny must favor a specific design/designer.  Her clothes are fit perfectly and for the most part are sophisticated and in good taste

That's my point.  Jenny knows what works for her fashion wise. Sherri OTOH only thinks she knows what looks good on her.  Also I think Jenny is comfortable with her body.  I'm not Sherri is.  Maybe she's afraid she will gain the weight back so she wants to show off what she can now.

• Love 3

I think Jenny must favor a specific design/designer.  Her clothes are fit perfectly and for the most part are sophisticated and in good taste.  

Those are extremely good points. When I watch the show, Jenny's clothes never "scream" at me... they suit her, her personality and are quite sophisticated. It's the hootchy mama look that really turns me off with SS.

• Love 6

Those are extremely good points. When I watch the show, Jenny's clothes never "scream" at me... they suit her, her personality and are quite sophisticated. It's the hootchy mama look that really turns me off with SS.

Well that's it in a nutshell isn't it? Jenny and Sherri both dress according to their personality.  Jenny dresses somewhat classy with a bit of an edge.  Sherri dresses loud, tacky and always looking for attention. 

• Love 7

This blind item seems like it could be about Sherri:

[blind Gossip] Guess which TV star is getting fired? Our source says, “We wanted someone outspoken and controversial… but she just turned out to be someone ignorant with a big mouth.” Most importantly, the show’s fans just don’t like her.

Of course, no one will say she was fired. Everyone will simply say that she chose not to renew her contract because she wanted to take advantage of other opportunities, blah blah blah.

TV Star:

TV Show:

• Love 2

And was hiring Sherri really controversial?  She is definitely ignorant though.

I agree Jaded.  The item applies more to Jenny. Other than her views on vaccines I don't really have a problem with her.

But if the View were to keep Sherri over Jenny I would have to think ABC is smoking whatever Whoopi smokes.  Jenny at least can hold an intelligent conversation whereas Sherri needs blue cards for a discussion on EVERYTHING. 

• Love 3

WOW, You made my day if this is true

[blind Gossip] Guess which TV star is getting fired? Our source says, “We wanted someone outspoken and controversial… but she just turned out to be someone ignorant with a big mouth.” Most importantly, the show’s fans just don’t like her.

Of course, no one will say she was fired. Everyone will simply say that she chose not to renew her contract because she wanted to take advantage of other opportunities, blah blah blah.

What has always bothered me about both EH & Sherri was the total lack of any kind of aptitude / talent / professionalism that they both exhibited. I honestly hate to see anyone get fired but if you can't do the job, bye bye & Sherri has never been anything but a buffoon, not a talk show host.........

• Love 3

Sherri has never been anything but a buffoon, not a talk show host.........

Honestly, I always thought that was why she was hired.  I think she was brought on to be the court jester.   She would do the segments the other co-hosts probably said "Oh hell no" to.  Like the bikini wax.

• Love 2

I don't think Jenny is all that bright, either. I think her worldview isn't much larger than Sherri's. I cringe when she gives her opinion on guns in the classroom or the POW swap. 

I do think Sherri has taken over the show. She's just so loud! I think she needed Barbara to rein her in. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I saw this earlier today regarding Jenny:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/06/24/source-jenny-mccarthys-view-contract-likely-wont-be-renewed/

The show is so awful now. I had it on this morning. From the ridiculous selfies, Sherri's loud and grating voice to the especially awful "What's Poppin". Someone needs to put this mess out of its misery.

Edited to add: Jenny is NOT the problem with this show, in my opinion. They are making her the scapegoat, but the new format is awful.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • Love 7

They changed the show and added Jenny at the same time. I have felt bad for Jenny from the start. I believe "they" will blame her, but I don't think this show turning in to crap has anything at all to do with her.

• Love 5

Oh please, let it be Sherri who goes! Oh, please, oh  please, oh please.

Sherri is LOUDLY ignorant, and Jenny gets lost in the noise most of the time, although neither one is a rocket surgeon. LOL.  

I noticed today that Sherri was much more subdued when a man was talking, and she did not interrupt.  She also wasn't able to stick her meaty arms over the table to make a  point and garner attention.  Hated Whats (not) poppin cuz it was not news. The dancer boy Hough--cant remember his name right now--is cute but I thought he might drop Sherri.  She definitely is bigger than ever, compared to her seat mates on the couch--even the men. 

• Love 1

I don't for one minute believe ratings dropped because they hired Jenny.  I can only speak for myself but I stopped watching because Joy left.  And without her there wasn't going to be a voice at the table that spoke to what I believe and care about.

If the story is true and Jenny is on her way out then I'm going to believe that Sherri has some sort of leverage with ABC or something.  Why on earth do they insist upon keeping someone who is a complete and utter moron? What does she bring of value to the View?  She is not a draw for celebrity guests like Whoopi.  She doesn't have a rabid fan base as far as I can tell.  I just don't get it.

• Love 5

I remember Jenny saying at the time she was hired that she was brought in to bring the fluff. Well, she has.....along with the new format of the show.

I didn't watch the first few years of the show so don't know about Debbie, but it seems to me all but Jenny and Sherri are/were more or LESS aware of current events (other than reality shows). Even EH learned to parrott thanks to Geddie and Hannity.